Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Other web site / radio station announcements
 DJ Breeze Interview Ahead Of I Love Hard Beats 03/

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Hardbeats HQ With his much talked about switch-up in styles and in-turn his hugely anticipated 'new sound filth' set at the best FREE London party 2012 is likely to see (and yes, we're including that it's the year of the Olympics in that estimation!), Mark Breeze is the man on everyone's lips at the moment. We caught up with him ahead of our roadblock I Love Hard Beats event on Feb 3rd at The Lightbox, London, to see what all the recent hype is about:

[A.B] Hi Mark - thanks for taking the time to do the interview! If the crowd at Freeformation were anything to go by, we're expecting the crowd at I Love Hard Beats (ILHB) to be some of the most open-minded ravers the country has to offer! We're very excited about you spinning us a set of the new filthier sound of UK Hardcore; for those not in the know - what can we expect?

[Mark Breeze - MB] New fresh sounding Hardcore is really what I'm about at the moment; for me it's been a little stale and I'm trying to offer something alongside what we already have.

[A.B] We can't wait! Tell us - how & why did you start championing this dirtier new UK sound? What was the turning point?

[MB] I had a remix done by Petruccio & Modulate for last year's Clubland Xtreme Hardcore album of 'You're Shining' and they introduced a few sounds which were very fresh, but the drums were of a typical nature. We spoke and I got the guys onboard with Futureworld and they did a few remixes, but they went into the studio with an idea of doing something different. Modulate remixes a lot of Electro and used his knowledge of that sound to transcribe into Hardcore, and 'Skank in the House' was born.

[A.B] Arguably, there's been some divided opinions about the heavy bassline influences in this new style sound; what's your reaction to these opinions?

[MB] I feel flattered people think a small group of us have that much power to totally change things, but we all know that's a bit silly to think that.
I think people really need to think about the fact that music is for all, and one person's taste is totally different to another's.
We need variation, so let producers do what they feel is right, and let's not just diss styles for your own personal preference.

[A.B] Will Futureworld now concentrate solely on pushing forward this new sound, or is there a wealth of different material yet to come?

[MB] I run Futureworld totally different to 'Breeze': as a DJ I play to a dancefloor and try to push a few boundaries; as a label I try to cater for a scene, so it can be happy, dark, uplifting or bassline - all of it gets covered by Futureworld.

[A.B] You've been nurturing some exciting new talent on Futureworld throughout 2011: who are your 'ones to watch' for 2012?

[MB] Petruccio & Modulate stand out for me, as do Stylus & Audiojunkie.
But I have MC Static doing an artist album, and Michael Scout, who both offer something different, as well as good Hardcore producers like Eufeion & Hoodzie.

[A.B] You've recently started to branch into the Hard Dance market with Modulate doing some well received '150' remixes? How did this come about?

[MB] It's not really been aimed or branched at: we were in the studio and tried to translate what we'd been doing into a remix of 'You're My Angel'. I sent it to Andy Whitby, he loved it, and so we did a remix for him and the Organ Donors: :)

[A.B] Are you planning on trying your hand at any other genres?

[MB] I like as a producer to try my hand at most things, it gives you ideas and ways of making sounds into what you normally produce; if I make a track and it fits a certain style or scene - so be it.

[A.B] In the past you've had two collaborations with the godfather of Freeform, Kevin Energy. We would love to see you write some more acid-led Freeform stuff - any plans to?

[MB] I'd love to have Kevin in and do some more using the new sound, he's not only a legend but a bloody nice chap and pleasure to work with, plus I need more of his extensive knowledge on Logic :)

[A.B] Ah ha! Not the first attempt we've heard to coax him out of retirement, trust us! ;)

OK - for the producers out there - what's your current favourite bit of studio kit?

[MB] Ermm, it changes weekly at the mo: haha - but Massive, FM8, Sylenth and the Vengeance plugins.

[A.B] Nice choices! On the DJing front you're reached a veteran-like status, touring the world spinning Hardcore for 15+ years; what are the 3 things you love about being on the road doing your job, and to balance it out, what are the 3 things you hate?!

[MB] I love the buzz, the crowds, the nice people, seeing faces of people not even looking your way but really going for it to the music. But:. I hate driving to the point my back is not in good condition; I hate crap motorway services with crap coffee! And moody children, who have no life, so sit and hate on forums. :)

[A.B] When you're not writing music or DJing, what do you like to do to unwind in your spare time?

[MB] A lot of people know, for my sins, I am an Ipswich Town season ticket holder: so to let off steam I tend to have a rant over them more often then not. So stay away from me if we lose on a Saturday...

[A.B] OK will do! And finally, if DJ Breeze had a superpower, what would it be?!

[MB] Supertired!! Hahaha!

*Bonus question from Morris Piper*

'Good Moro Mr. Breeze,

My meteorologist tells me that the 3rd of February 2012 is going to be a Breezy night! Do you have any clothing recommendations for the guests at ILHB?'

[MB] Wear a decent coat! :) lol: be prepared:

[A.B] Thanks Mark!

You can catch Mr. Breeze alongside Fracus & Darwin, Cube::Hard, Arkitech, Lost Soul, A.B, Douglas, Endemic, Hyped + many many more @ I Love Hard Beats, The Lightbox, Vauxhall, London on February 3rd! Entry is 100% FREE with an entry code. To get your code please visit the below link:

http://www.facebook.com/hardbeatscollective

Click "like" and go to the I LOVE HARD BEATS tab on the left-hand side, enter your details and get your code! Alternatively submit your details here.

NekoShuffle
quote:
Originally posted by Hardbeats HQ:
But:. I hate driving to the point my back is not in good condition; I hate crap motorway services with crap coffee! And moody children, who have no life, so sit and hate on forums. :)

lol many of those "moody children" are going to ILHB, he should have saved that for a Raver Baby interview or something really. I hope he's grateful we're not the violent types, many other hardcore ravers wouldn't have taken kindly to that comment.

Anyway inb4 shitstorm....let it begin!
djDMS Watch out for those moody kids with no life! Not exactly the best way of getting people off your back is it?

I've already said i'm looking forward to hearing the set, hopefully it'll get the reception it deserves.
DJ-Hutchy Nice little interview!!
Good work ;)
NekoShuffle
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Watch out for those moody kids with no life! Not exactly the best way of getting people off your back is it?

How do we have no life if we're going to raves? Pretty sure the only way you can get the door code for the event is to go online, so he better get used to us 'internet people' because we'll be the majority in attendance lols
djDMS It's obvious that there are people who are arseholes just for the sake of it (we know a few here), but lumping them all together with those who care enough to have an opinion is just lazy!

That Breeze set sticks out like a sore thumb at what is a predominantly Freeform event, i'm really looking forward to seeing what reception it gets. The general discussion afterwards will either be 'i told you so' or 'i take it all back'!
Breakbeat Jon I don't see how Breeze's set sticks out like a sore thumb at a 'freeform' event. Unless freeform now means 'everybody plays the same style'
Reckon it's fits in well, it's more likely to go down better at something like this than a HTID style event where everyone wants vocals and cheesy trance breakdowns.
djDMS I only said that because a lot of the tunes still have that identity crisis where they're neither hard nor happy. The full on 'dirty' stuff will fit in well but if CXH8 is anything to go by it's not one thing or the other.
jenks
quote:
Watch out for those moody kids with no life! Not exactly the best way of getting people off your back is it?

He's right though, isn't he? Critique is fine, hating is just sad.
NekoShuffle
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:

I haven't seen a single person on these forums who has 'hated' without critique.
Samination
quote:
quote:

too bad all negative critique is considered hating spam
NekoShuffle Really when it comes down to it we all know the truth behind this is that if the music was good enough they wouldn't have to constantly defend it because it'd speak for itself.

People will talk shit about Gammer and say "he has a big ego" or whatever, but you never hear a person say "his tunes are shit" because nobody would ever take that seriously. I don't like "We Killed The Rave" that much, but I can tell you about the first drop, I can describe the second drop and I can recite Whizzkid's vocal build...like it or not, it's a memorable tune with a lot of energy. The stuff that comes out of Breeze's doors is hollow and baseless, maybe from an engineer's point of view it's well mastered or mixed down well, but the songs themselves are forgettable and shallow.
Archefluxx Oh look a head. They photoshopped out the rest of the chin's.

Hating is different to a negative reinforced opinion. Labelling people as haters is an easy way to disregard a whole load of opinions as meaningless.
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
Really when it comes down to it we all know the truth behind this is that if the music was good enough they wouldn't have to constantly defend it because it'd speak for itself.

The exact same thing happened when they introduced all the trancy/eurodance influences. A lot of people bitched an moaned, told them it wasn't hardcore and that it was crap, and ultimately either changed their mind or wandered off. This is no different.
Samination
quote:
quote:
Really when it comes down to it we all know the truth behind this is that if the music was good enough they wouldn't have to constantly defend it because it'd speak for itself.

The exact same thing happened when they introduced all the trancy/eurodance influences. A lot of people bitched an moaned, told them it wasn't hardcore and that it was crap, and ultimately either changed their mind or wandered off. This is no different.

well i've already accepted dubstepcore in small portion, but just like the trancy hardcore, i can't stand a full mix with only one style, tho I can accept freeform that way
NekoShuffle
quote:
quote:

"Really when it comes down to it we all know the truth behind this is that if the music was good enough they wouldn't have to constantly defend it because it'd speak for itself."

And trancey hardcore DID speak for itself. You're Shining was an absolute tune, and I'm not even a fan of that particular song. All I hear is "dubcore sucks" and the response is always "THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE SAID LAST TIME".

Well where's the proof? Good music is good music, I'll love a 'dubcore' tune if it's good enough. Where is it? I keep hearing them bang on about how it's the future of the scene and so on, but prove it. Prove to me that this is the future of hardcore, not with quantity and constantly repeating the same shit - but with quality.

As a Happy Hardcore fan I wouldn't have liked the switch to trance hardcore either. But here I am, buying it and DJing it because I think those tunes are good. Where are the good tunes? Speak with your music. I used to be a big fan of electro, I used to like Dubstep, I have love for every other genre inbetween...I'm not closed minded. Speak with the music. Show me this is the future, because I haven't seen any proof of it so far.
Thumpa Maybe all these people can come to ILHB and actually tell him what they don't like about these new tunes, instead of talking about it on the net? He's a nice guy, he'll have a beer and a chat with anyone I'm sure.

Anyway, looking forward to this event! The codes have been flying out the door, its gonna be rammed, the music will be beyond excellent and I've got a few beers and a set of bangin hard shit and gabber with my name on!
Lilark I watched a few videos that were posted on Facebook. I agree with the "introducing a new style" bit, music is always growing and changing, and it's really dumb for people to act like it's going to completely ruin hardcore altogether.
jenks If all you hear is 'dubstep/electro sucks' Neko then your reading has been very selective indeed. 'Smack You Like A Bitch' and 'You & I' were massive tunes, just like 'We Killed The Rave' will be. Oh, and they most certainly did have to keep defending their style when the trancy stuff went massive.

quote:
Well where's the proof? Good music is good music, I'll love a 'dubcore' tune if it's good enough.

Complete and utter nonsense. The quality of music is entirely subjective.
NekoShuffle
quote:
If all you hear is 'dubstep/electro sucks' Neko then your reading has been very selective indeed. 'Smack You Like A Bitch' and 'You & I' were massive tunes, just like 'We Killed The Rave' will be. Oh, and they most certainly did have to keep defending their style when the trancy stuff went massive.

quote:
Well where's the proof? Good music is good music, I'll love a 'dubcore' tune if it's good enough.

Complete and utter nonsense. The quality of music is entirely subjective.

Cream rises to the top, you can't keep hiding behind subjectivity when your music is bad. Look at the classic tunes in dance music history by people like Underworld, The Shamen, Orbital, Prodigy etc. how do you explain the popularity of their tunes? Is it just coincidence everyone liked the same thing? SL2 - On a Ragga Tip, Smart-E's - Sesame's Treet, Darren Styles - Save Me, Breeze & Styles - You're Shining all great tunes that got chart fame because they were good, regardless of whether or not you liked them. If "dubcore" is good it WILL deliver. Which it hasn't done yet. Not everyone likes the same music - but everyone can agree on a good, solid and original tune.

Smack You Like a Bitch wasn't even that massive, it was a hit with a select type of ravers. I know a lot of people who loved it, and a lot of people who hated it. Compare the sales of Skydivin' and Feel the Pressure, it's not in the same league of popularity, whether we like it or not.
jenks
quote:
Cream rises to the top, you can't keep hiding behind subjectivity when your music is bad. Look at the classic tunes in dance music history by people like Underworld, The Shamen, Orbital, Prodigy etc. how do you explain the popularity of their tunes? Is it just coincidence everyone liked the same thing? SL2 - On a Ragga Tip, Smart-E's - Sesame's Treet, Darren Styles - Save Me, Breeze & Styles - You're Shining all great tunes that got chart fame because they were good, regardless of whether or not you liked them. If "dubcore" is good it WILL deliver. Which it hasn't done yet. Not everyone likes the same music - but everyone can agree on a good, solid and original tune.

Smack You Like a Bitch wasn't even that massive, it was a hit with a select type of ravers. I know a lot of people who loved it, and a lot of people who hated it. Compare the sales of Skydivin' and Feel the Pressure, it's not in the same league of popularity, whether we like it or not.

You're taking the classic route that all haters do. You're desperately trying to rationalize why something you don't like is somehow objectively bad, when in reality it is entirely subjective in nature. There isn't a single tune in existence that everyone agrees is good, and there isn't a single argument you can use to refute the opinions of those that don't conform. Popularity does not equate to quality, and if you genuinely believed it did, then why would you be listening to hardcore in the first place?
NekoShuffle
quote:
quote:

You're taking the classic route that all haters do. You're desperately trying to rationalize why something you don't like is somehow objectively bad, when in reality it is entirely subjective in nature. There isn't a single tune in existence that everyone agrees is good, and there isn't a single argument you can use to refute the opinions of those that don't conform. Popularity does not equate to quality, and if you genuinely believed it did, then why would you be listening to hardcore in the first place?

As I said, I have a very open mind and similar tastes to a massive load of ravers and fans, you will know when there is a big "dubcore" tune. And it hasn't happened yet. There's nothing that justifies this new style as being 'the future' apart from old DJs claiming it so. People can make it all they want.

I'm not trying to rationalize anything, I'm just explaining how things are. If it's good, it will be big - that is how music operates. A lot of good music goes unnoticed yes, but not on a CD from producers with many commercial links, it's not like they don't have a chance of getting in the charts. If the Hardcore from those guys is good enough, it will make the charts just like the others did.
Samination Will you also convince me that old Happy Hardcore (sl2, sesame's treet) Is good because dubcore is bad? To me, both are equally as crap to my hear as growling death metal.
jenks
quote:
If it's good, it will be big - that is how music operates.

No, if it has broad appeal, it will be big - that's how music operates.
NekoShuffle
quote:
quote:
If it's good, it will be big - that is how music operates.

No, if it has broad appeal, it will be big - that's how music operates.

Well I'll just be here waiting for the next anthem.
Douglas-HBC Interesting read.

I personally think Breeze is a fantastic choice and addition to our line up for numerous reasons, but without going too deep into those please remember there is a second room should you not want to boogie on down to what he's spinning.

We're trying to offer variety just like Freeformation did so brilliantly and Breeze - whilst being a legend at the top of the hardcore rave scene - is a lot more in-line with our movement than many others. Plus, people going for the more freeform acts could be opened up to a new style of music they love, and vice versa - some will come to see Breeze (it's for free after all) then hear a load of great music they didn't know existed resulting in a larger and hopefully more affluent underground scene with more opportunity for DJs, producers, events and parties.

An open mind is a wise one.
NekoShuffle
quote:
Originally posted by Douglas-HBC:
Interesting read.

I personally think Breeze is a fantastic choice and addition to our line up for numerous reasons, but without going too deep into those please remember there is a second room should you not want to boogie on down to what he's spinning.

We're trying to offer variety just like Freeformation did so brilliantly and Breeze - whilst being a legend at the top of the hardcore rave scene - is a lot more in-line with our movement than many others. Plus, people going for the more freeform acts could be opened up to a new style of music they love, and vice versa - some will come to see Breeze (it's for free after all) then hear a load of great music they didn't know existed resulting in a larger and hopefully more affluent underground scene with more opportunity for DJs, producers, events and parties.

An open mind is a wise one.

Like Psytrance by Lost Soul! And F&D's classic trance set...I love it when a room 2 comes together.

Speaking of which, when are the set times up?
Douglas-HBC Prospective set times for both rooms have been sorted, pending confirmation from acts they should be up (hopefully) this week.
djDMS I love it when 2 rooms have great line ups, not so keen when i have to choose between them though!
smythy-endemic Very interesting opinions indeed. I understand where most people are coming from but at the end of the day Breeze is just a nice guy making music he likes. He is breaking the mould and trying somthing new. If people never did this we wouldnt have the great music we love today.

When we were putting the line up together for this event we knew some people would not want to hear it so for that reason the is a Nu Energy Classics set playing in the 2nd room!

Freeform lovers and non-Breezers room 2 - people who want to try something new main room! Simples!

Set times Tuesday folks!!! =)
Samination GREAT is always such a loaded word. We could all think an artists would make the crapiest tunes ever made, yet alot more people likes them. OR when they create a masterpiece, and everyone just dislikes it.
smythy-endemic Well i have got to say the Breeze set was sick IMO! The ravers were buzzing to it!
rafferty That was a good interview, seems like Breeze is just wanting to bring more variety to the scene. Not change it. I have liked a lot of his work over the years and seems to still release a some quality tunes with Darren Styles.
Anyone ever heard Breezes old Happy Hard cd WORLD OF BREEZE?
Listened to it the other day, think it was released in 1999. Is probably one of the best mixed oldskool CDs I've ever heard. Mixing is flawless.
Archefluxx I didnt go to the event, but the situation is clear. Im going to make my point from my perspective.

I read on forums and get the general vibe that Freeform is striving to make itself more independent and separate itself from hardcore. I'd like to see that happen someday - I think it has the potential and capacity. Some labels are moving toward that direction, loosening hardcores influence on freeform and aligning with other Psy and hard Trance genre's - like FINRG.

However, what Im seeing - and its not a complaint - a mere observation - is that while some labels want Freeform to stand on its own 2 feet, others are merging more with hardcore. ILHB I thought was a beacon for freeform, run by the people involved with the NEC, a label run by someone who preached Freeform as a way of life. Why, when Freeform needs to stand on its own two feet, is a big Hardcore name known for paying something very different to Freeform or even melodic hardcore headlining? And why is Freeform once again being pushed into the second room or made 2nd best to Hardcore? I think that Freeform has some of the most pioneering producers & groups of this generation in Douglas, Endemic, AB so on, but I dont understand why they choose to weaken the stance of Freeform as a stand-alone genre with Stamina Records (billed as a diverse label over Freeform and Hardcore), events run by Freeformists but headlined by commercial hardcore acts, and Freeform CD's on albums like HU5 diluted with UKH tracks...

I'm just having an observation at this point because I find it a little frustrating to read stuff like this:

quote:
Originally posted by smythy-endemic:
When we were putting the line up together for this event we knew some people would not want to hear it so for that reason the is a Nu Energy Classics set playing in the 2nd room!
Freeform lovers and non-Breezers room 2 - people who want to try something new main room! Simples!

quote:
Originally posted by Douglas-HBC:
Plus, people going for the more freeform acts could be opened up to a new style of music they love, and vice versa

Let me say this. Freeform is still a small genre. Its never been big. NEC closed because of the genre's inability to generate money needed to uphold the business. Kev Energy admitted that over countless podcasts. Now, Freeform isnt a struggling genre, it has the artists, producers and innovation to advance and expand. Its a genre in its infancy, so when the beacon of light being the HBC, a group of Kev's prodigal sons are shoving Freeform into Room 2 and telling people going for freeform to experience and type of music completely different headline, I personally think is a bitter shame.

We'll never see Freeform headline at a big Hardcore event, and at the moment the whole genre seems to be one step forward, 2 steps back. We have have a group of amazingly talented producers given the perfect guidelines to follow, to help Freeform reach its potential, or somewhere near, and they pan to start up a free rave. Its the perfect scenario! Until you decide to add Breeze to the top row of artists promoted on the posters.

Dont get me wrong, this isnt about Breeze or his music. It could be Gammer, Hixxy, DS, Ramos, anyone, what my point is here is different to what Hardcore is about now. Its about Freeform. The general question is; 'Why when Freeform can and should be standing on its own two feet does it rely on Hardcore, and must Freeform fans be introduced to something they've chosen not to like in favour of Freeform?'

To clarify the last part of that question: Freeform has been closely linked to Hardcore over the years. People who like Hardcore may have heard of Freeform, some better than others... People in Freeform probably heard Freeform because of Hardcore. Hardcore led to Freeform, it was by accident on the Bonkers albums that I was drawn to Freeform. Now, people choose to favour Freeform because Hardcore doesnt cut it for them. Maybe they prefer melodic stuff, maybe they dont like Dubstep influences, maybe they prefer the darker beats, or double basslines... whatever. So it kind of defies logic here to then try to introduce the crowd who've built up listening to NEC or HBC over the years to follow you lot to an event and then be pointed the direction back to Hardcore... Where's the sense in that? Freeform strives to be different, listen to "Freeform Will Never Die", it spells out how to be different and how to be good at it... How to be underground and escape the routine or everyday stuff we have to put up with. Freeform in that sense is the release we need from Freeform. Freeform as a genre can develop and it has a good following right now to start with and to move on with. Freeform isnt going anywhere if you keep introducing them back to Hardcore.
rafferty I think Freeform has been associated with Hardcore because it's the same speed of Hardcore and can be mixed with Hardcore.
Probably the biggest problem with it is it is not as main room friendly as other Hard music genres. One thing that would help the Freeform scene is for it's producers to add a harder beat. Like a Hardstlye kick.
Beats in freeform always sounds too thin when played on a dancefloor, which cause it to sound way too fast and repeditive. Therefore people lose interest.
Ravers always love a hard pronounced beat in a track.
Rikki Arkitech I hear your concerns Archfluxx but here is my 2 cents.

Freeform is a type of rave music. It grew out of a desire to make rave more diverse and less regimented.

A rave with just freeform would be very regimented and not very diverse.

That is all!
Archefluxx Then put Hardcore and Breeze in Room 2

A Freeform event, with options.

Not a Hardcore event with Freeform as an option.... because it was meant to be Freeform in the first place.
djDMS That would make more sense. I've always been much more into UK Hardcore than Freeform but the last thing i expected (or wanted) from ILHB was a peak time Room 1 Hardcore set, and i dare say the majority of others would have agreed with me. Nothing wrong with Hardcore at a Freeform event - as Arkitech said, they have a lot in common and variety can't be a bad thing. But don't let one set be as important as the whole package.
smythy-endemic
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Then put Hardcore and Breeze in Room 2

A Freeform event, with options.

Not a Hardcore event with Freeform as an option.... because it was meant to be Freeform in the first place.

Some interesting points here and to be honest i agree with a lot of it..... However....

We didnt book Breeze because we wanted a cheesy UK hardcore set. We booked him to showcase his new dirty sound. Breeze is one of very few producers breaking the mould and doing something different. Thank god for people like him as if they didnt exist **** knows what we would be listening to! Freeform would not even exist if it want for these forward thinking people. People like this at least deserve a shot

Dude if you actually went to the event you would have seen that there was a significant amount of Freeform all night in the main room.

We are finally in a position where we can play Freeform relentlessly nearly all night and everyone loves it. We have had so much great feedback about the night from loads of cool people.

Lets go back a few years to the days when there was only one Freeform set at a Hardcore rave on at a lame hour then shal we? Freeform is making progress in a big big way because people are more open minded with music these days.

Im sick of all of this Genre-ism (not a real word ;)

Can we not live in a world where we can go to an 'underground' night and listen to all sorts of good music with cool people without picking it apart like the drained lifeless remains of a christmas turkey?

Archefluxx, it is nice to see people with a passion for Freeform but why dont you attend the second event and see that it isnt about trying to split genres up, its about being an open minded raver who is just into good music. If there is a set that is not to your taste just check out the other room. I dont like Jeremy Kyle but i dont sit there with matchsticks holding my eyes open, forcing myself to watch it........ (i actually do like Jezza i just used this as an example)

Our aim at HBC is to try and move Freeform forward but we need to do this in a way that we are not alienating people. We want the event to be diverse and we appreciate that there are people who are not keen on Hardcore however i personally hosted that set and there were loads of people really loving it. We unfortunately do not live in a worl where we can please everyone, this is why we puposely planted a Freeform Classics set in room 2.

We are doing the best we can for the music we love dude and so far so good! =)

Why not come and experience the night yourself? =)

Respect

Archefluxx I intend to go to a ILHB, but at the moment Im at uni on Portsmouth Island, and being a student, travel is difficult. I would have looked into the last one more, but in all honesty Breeze's name at the top of the poster was a big turn off. Its the same with the Munted events I'd have gone to one if I could have gotten back from Southend on Xmas Eve.

I see what your saying, but I feel my point still stands. If we want to make people happy, then we should make Hardcore an option. If Breeze is pioneering a different genre, stick him in Room 2 ;)
stray I'm all for Freeform finding it's own way, and breaking away from Hardcore into it's own genre but honestly it's not there yet. I can see what the HBC crew were doing with having Breeze there. Sure, Breeze plays at heaps of other events that the hardcore crowd can go to, but I'm sure the vast majority of them aren't free. So a bunch of UK Hardcore fans go to see Breeze, and have an awesome night rocking out not just to him, but to all the Freeform as well. Having Breeze headline has now converted some new people into Freeform :).

I know if I went, I would have just gone to room 2 because Breeze isn't my thing, but I don't see him playing, even headlining as such a bad thing. If Freeform was standing on it's own 2 feet, and didn't need to convert people from Hardcore, then maybe they wouldn't need to have Breeze headline and could have a 100% Freeform event, but the scene just isn't there yet. As many of you know, I think Freeform should be attracting more people from the Trance or Psy scenes, but as it stands, most of the people listening to Freeform come from Hardcore roots, and until that changes, having a headliner like Breeze isn't that bad a thing.
Vladel To be honest that shit breeze plays shouldn't even be allowed to be called Hardcore

It took 2.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page