Radio listeners 169+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Decent, reasonably priced mp3 players

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Audio Warfare Ayo guys. Looking for a decent MP3 player at a reasonable price. This obviously rules out any I-Pods so don't suggest one. ;) Just want something to plug into the aux input in my car.

Looking at this - http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/17455204/Philips-GoGear-Ariaz-16GB-MP3-Player-Colour-BLACK/Product.html?searchstring=mp3+player&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

Anyone used one?
Samination really only used ipod and sony walkmans, and a few irivers
Archefluxx Wow they still do GoGears? I have an old 2GB one that still works at home LUL
Samination that one looks very much like the Sony Walkmans I've been using (5+). I just wish the more popular brands would be able to play more lossless files (except Ipod that can play ALAC files), excluding WAVE ofcourse.
wong i just use my shitty htc wildfire as an mp3 player
Brian K brother in law has a creative zen x-fi2 that he uses as his mp3 player while mountain biking, hard to find these days though.
latininxtc with everyone using their cell phones there seems to be fewer and fewer mp3 players around :(

I'm looking to buy one too for my trip to spain, provided that I actually will have money for one. I hate to be using my phone for it, since I'm not trying to drain the hell out of my phone battery.
redwingz Ive had a Phillips mp3 player before, never had problems with it so go for it.

Thing is with mp3 players they are all very cheap (or ipods are just expensive) because everyone wants an ipod but for 50 or 60 quid you can pick up a good one with a massive memory. For the car that should be fine :)
JustIncredible I'd be careful buying any new MP3 player in the UK. There is a law where they aren't aloud to go over a certain volume (dB?), and loudness isn't even the issue, it just makes music sound awful.
I think on most you have the option to turn it off, but I've owned a few where you can't turn it off (mainly Sony), so I would check just to be sure, or order from the US.
whispering Creative Muvo, been using those for years. Simple, cheap and always work. No drivers, software or other crap.
dannyboy uk the creative ven V plus are really good, no volume issues, plus you can use it to record through the headphones cos it doubles up as a line in.

would still be using mine if it wasnt stolen, you'll have to get one off ebay though cos theyre dont sell em anymore, if not anything from creative

Bonkers4Life I use and 8 GB sony mp3 player, similar to the one you posted, most likely an older model. That one is perfect.
Audio Warfare Cheers for all the advice and suggestions people. I've literally never had an MP3 player so I'm going in blind. my phone is an old fossil and can't even play mp3's ;).

Got my new car now, just need to get this sorted and pimp the system out. 8)
Karthy http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-s-series/nwzs765b.cew

Would definately recommend this, nice a small, no problems, video qualitys very nice, sound qualitys nice... Not got a bad thing to say about it! Never had a Philips though.

Can pick it up for much less than the 100 price on that website aswell ;)
JustIncredible
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-s-series/nwzs765b.cew

Would definately recommend this, nice a small, no problems, video qualitys very nice, sound qualitys nice... Not got a bad thing to say about it! Never had a Philips though.

Does that sound quiet at all? I only ask because I've owned 2 of those. I bought one from Argos and had to send it back because it was patheticly quiet and and overall music quality was awful (compared to the NWZ-S639F), the other one was imported from the US and sounded much better but still not as good as previous Sony models.
Audio Warfare I got a Creative ZEN X-Fi3 in the end. :) Heard loads of good things about these and Creative's sound quality in general which was a main factor for me.
Karthy
quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible:
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-s-series/nwzs765b.cew

Does that sound quiet at all? I only ask because I've owned 2 of those. I bought one from Argos and had to send it back because it was patheticly quiet and and overall music quality was awful (compared to the NWZ-S639F), the other one was imported from the US and sounded much better but still not as good as previous Sony models.

I have a Sony walkman phone and it's alot louder in terms of volume, it can get to the point where it hurts my ears, so no problems there for me...
swansea247 i would recommend a sony walkman usb mp3 player with a pair of sennheiser in ear canal headphones. the missus has a similar setup but all in pink

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZB163-Series-Music-Walkman/dp/B004Z76NF0/ref=sr_1_30?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332599055&sr=1-30

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Eco-Ear-Canal-Headphones/dp/B000S8EUNM/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332599178&sr=1-4

as for me, my iriver h320 packed up last year (had it since 2004/05) so i'll be getting this set up soon
Phobz I've had a sony nw hd-3 and it lasted 10 years and decided to die on my so i'm looking for a new one too. That does look like a nice setup swansea :)

It took 1.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page