Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 LOL!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Triquatra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZJbQ3vfRrM
Lilley Sounds just like recent hardstyle.
Hard2Get It really does actually.
Triquatra my boy lovs Justin's shows...I can only imagine he will be very pleased to hear this - the rest of his songs on the album don't come up to this ones..erm...standard
and all just sound as though someone's slapped a midi into a DAW and loaded up vanguard.

also this is a prime example of autotuning gone wild, there's no need to auto tune justin, because he can actually sing.
Samination isn't hardstyle occationally called hand's up? then it's definitly a fitting title... And somehow I think this one would ROCK on Eurovision Song Contest.

Am I the only one who think this needs both a UK Hardcore, Gabber and a proper hardstyle/extended mix?
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
isn't hardstyle occationally called hand's up? then it's definitly a fitting title... And somehow I think this one would ROCK on Eurovision Song Contest.

Am I the only one who think this needs both a UK Hardcore, Gabber and a proper hardstyle/extended mix?

If the current scene is anything to go by then you might be right.
Triquatra lol, can't wait for eurovision!
v-act
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
Sounds just like recent hardstyle.

Woah...
D-tor Ahahahaha I love this
cruelcore1 Good track IMO, eventhough the bass is too weak for me. Sounds sort of different from other HandsUp I know, but by definition this is still HandsUp. And despite being HSish, there are far more pumpin stuff out there.

Mentioning Eurovision, dudes? Seen those "come on and dance" old ladies? What can be more epic than that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWcTOeDkrzU
Triquatra its basically weak jumpstyle

for those not in the know - Justin Fletcher is a kids tv presenter, he does shows for kids age 2-5 years old, very popular here in the UK
cruelcore1 It used to be a mature genre with its happy classics, but nowadays only kids seem to listen to it. Too bad, it's a badass genre. Weird I never saw anyone bitching about the death and pop-izing of handsup. Don't tell me ima be the only oldfag within the scene.
Triquatra "hands up" has always been pop here :P
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
"hands up" has always been pop here :P

Well I was talking without much thinking... Popish HU was always quite common. XD BUT, nowadays more than ever.
But still, it's all dead :P Might be even less popular than HC, but I can't be sure.
Shades could of been worse.....

hands up - the mr tumble remix......

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture/neilmccormick/100061407/do-we-really-need-childrens-music-theyll-be-fine-with-david-bowie/

lol
cruelcore1 Well his music was meant to be for children despite the old days and HU fans opinions. Smart idea, someone finally noticed happy Hands Up appeals to kids haha.
I remember girls' Cascada fever. That was my favourite band for a while (I'm a dude), despite it took me years to find them as girls mispronounced the band when i asked them. Despite being normal in countires like America, in many other countries that was music only for young girls. In fact, so "girly" that Croatian guys didn't even hate it as they didn't even know about it. Too bad their hits sounded so indifferent comparing to each other. I can't properly enjoy them anymore.
Karthy
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
quote:

Well I was talking without much thinking... Popish HU was always quite common. XD BUT, nowadays more than ever.
But still, it's all dead :P Might be even less popular than HC, but I can't be sure.

You can generalise Hands Up to just Dance music though without anyone saying a word, Hardcores too fast to be 'just dance' and when you say hardcore you tend to get the label of pill head chav... :(

On topic though, I actually kinda quite like the song >_>
Lilley How is it possible to mispronounce cascada?
Hard2Get
quote:
How is it possible to mispronounce cascada?

There are different ways of pronouncing the second 'a' although i think it's probably just a difference in accents.
Dys7
quote:

Cass - Cah - Da
Cass - Cay - Da
Cays - Cay - Da
Cays - Cay - Day (Lol)
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

There are different ways of pronouncing the second 'a' although i think it's probably just a difference in accents.

I was told it was Cascade (pronounced in English way) so that's what I searched for, but didn't find shit. Later I found some Kaskade wondering how the hell I got to like that so much. After 1-3 years a kid friend showed me Spanish Winx: Enchantrix soundtracks for some parts and THAT was when I found them.
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
quote:
quote:

You can generalise Hands Up to just Dance music though without anyone saying a word, Hardcores too fast to be 'just dance' and when you say hardcore you tend to get the label of pill head chav... :(

On topic though, I actually kinda quite like the song >_>

Well HHC is what parents call Techno and HU is what they call Dance. Eventhough both are same druggy, parents think only Techno is.
Also, its too tough for kids.
Triquatra hmm, not in the UK, everything is under the generic blanket of Dance over here

not entirely sure where this conversation is going..or what its actually about lol
cruelcore1 Always the same thing :P someone creates a topic and we get off-topic.

That Bieber of Hands Up is gonna make current generations think one of my fav genres is music for children. >.> I wo't be able to mix it for real ravers

I wonder what they'll thiink when they figured out this happy shit was played on a rave they let their 5yo attended:

"I wanna know
is there anyone on the floor,
who can suck me like a whore.
Who can make me scream for more,
on and on.
I wanna see,
all you ladies in the place.
Put your titties in my face
shake that body to the base
just for me"
Triquatra hmmm there has been kids dance music for decades though, it I doubt it will change anybodys minds over here as "hands up" has always been seen as kids music :P
Shades
quote:
hmmm there has been kids dance music for decades though, it I doubt it will change anybodys minds over here as "hands up" has always been seen as kids music :P

Triquatra oddly enough I was totally going to post something from Smurfs Go Pop haha

every song on the album sounded like it was made on a casio keyboard...not that I owned it
djDMS
quote:
not that I owned it

I did.
whispering Theres like 20 Smurfs CD's released here. Was awesome stuff in the mid 90's.

Simon
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
not that I owned it

I did.

I purchased it as a Birthday gift for my younger brother!
cruelcore1
quote:
hmmm there has been kids dance music for decades though, it I doubt it will change anybodys minds over here as "hands up" has always been seen as kids music :P

It hasn't. Original kids dance music was quite different in the past (see Shades's smurf post). There were some cute crazy cellphone German HU music videos during last several years, but real HU music was not seen childish in the past. Examples are DJs who you all probably hate most, and they are DJ Rankin and DJ Cammy (face down, ass up, that's the way we like to ****; blow my whistle baby). I remember downloading "Rankin's" Ravers Fantasy when I first heard of Rave term. (track was a speedup of Tune Up's original).
Triquatra it hasn't been around for decades? or it hasn't always been seen as kids music?

in the uk it certainly has been seen that way since its conception
cruelcore1
quote:
it hasn't been around for decades? or it hasn't always been seen as kids music?

i'm afraid the uk it certainly has been seen that way since its conception

From what I know (mostly America), it used to be normal Techno music. But who gives a **** anyway lets just get rid of that HU Bieber's relation and I don't care how childish people consider it as long as I can have normal ravers.

By the way, what do your people call childish again?

(Some people call this form of Hardstyle, some Hard Trance, and some (like me) Hands Up.)
Triquatra
cruelcore1
quote:

Thats not Handsup lol. Thats one of oldskool forms of Eurodance
cruelcore1 That Justin Fletcher's track, in fact, is not that childish at all. The thing is about "propaganda": it's their favourite pedophile dancing and pedo-ish singing to kids-appealing kick+bass line with simple cachy euro-ish melodies (thats not happy HU-sort) in a colorful childish video. If, for exmaple, the video was different, less kids would like this, and people would consider it less childish. Vocal sounds seriously childish, so add a female vocal instead of pedobear's and it can even be considered by, for example, DJ Magix - a commercial HU DJ.
Triquatra not entirely sure what your point is
cruelcore1 Justin Fletcher track in first post is not that childish on it's own. What makes it really childish is JF's voice, childish music video and fact that the track was meant to be childish.

(I'm just back to original topic lol)
Triquatra oh right! well thats going to be entirely subjective as to what people think is and isn't childish ;)

also - of course that track isn't "hands up"! :P
cruelcore1 haha of course. Just that some elements increase the chance for something to sound childish.

EDIT: Also, considering there are different forms of Handsup, this one is not theoretically sortable under happy HU, which is most likely to sound childish to people. In fact, this would be HU (or HS or JS, whatever) following classic Eurodance tradition (from it's electronic era). But still, video and propaganda give a different message
Lilley
quote:

(Some people call this form of Hardstyle, some Hard Trance, and some (like me) Hands Up.)

Oh man, that was way over the top. Deepforces have done some great stuff, Harder is excellent, but that just wasn't =/
cruelcore1
quote:
quote:

Oh man, that was way over the top. Deepforces have done some great stuff, Harder is excellent, but that just wasn't =/

Who cares
Lilark This mildly scared me xD
Props to you for finding it, you made my day
silver wow that guy is scary
Triquatra I noitced it because his album was the UK Top 40, at number 16 a couple of weeks back!
Hard2Get The song is a joke no matter how you look at it.
cruelcore1
quote:
The song is a joke no matter how you look at it.

Its a simple, trivial and cachy track. But not bad comparing to other popular tracks.
Hard2Get If by catchy you mean shit, then yes. I think it's equally as bad as any other pop song. Completely watered down version of an already watered down genre, sounds terrible.
cruelcore1 Next to "simple" and "trivial" you choose "cachy"? That can be a compliment you know.
Triquatra luckily it was designed for 3-4 year olds and not for critique or dancefloor use ;)
Hard2Get
quote:
luckily it was designed for 3-4 year olds and not for critique or dancefloor use ;)

Yeah, fortunately. But that anyone thinks it could ever be a serious tune is shocking lol.

quote:
Next to "simple" and "trivial" you choose "cachy"? That can be a compliment you know.

I know what you meant. I wasn't being literal.
Samination
quote:
quote:
luckily it was designed for 3-4 year olds and not for critique or dancefloor use ;)

Yeah, fortunately. But that anyone thinks it could ever be a serious tune is shocking lol.

undermining happy hardcore much? :)

It took 2.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page