Total online 1497
 Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Audio Warfare - Americana (Dubform Punkcore)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Audio Warfare A little fun I've been having with the Americana album by the Offspring. ;) Yes it's "Dub" stuff which doesn't seem to be a favourite on here but there is musical content in there too. :P

http://soundcloud.com/audio-warfare/audio-warfare-americana
Samination The Kid's Aren't Alright is their best song ever made and you ruined it by dub! Carry on sir!
Audio Warfare Haha sorry Jacek. ;) At least we agree that it's the best track Offspring have done aye. :P
djDMS Love that album. Watch some twat come along and ruin it with fart noises....

Audio Warfare Surely nobody is that much of a c*nt. :P
djDMS

I do like it mate, just not all of it. But that's more to do with me than the quality of it.
Audio Warfare haha nah that's fair enough mate. TBH I knew it would get a less than warm reception on here with all the Dubcore hate. But hey, at least the bassline changes note and there is some form of music over it. :P
Breakbeat Jon I like that! Kids Aren't Alright is a decent tune, reckon Bad Habit is the best tune they ever did though.
Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by Breakbeat Jon:
I like that! Kids Aren't Alright is a decent tune, reckon Bad Habit is the best tune they ever did though.

Cheers man! Yeah Bad Habbit is a beast. I think The Kids Aren't Alright is ingrained in my brain though, it was on one of my skate videos that was on regular rotation and I just fell in love with it.
_Jay_ The Kids Aren't Alright is one of those tracks that make the soundtrack to my teen years. Such a massive, distinctive tune.

That build-up is absolute madness mate. Cannot fault it at all. It's got the whinny, uplifting "fcukin-hell-here-we-go!" feeling to perfection.

But the drop. Same as everyone else I'm afraid man! When I saw the soundwave on Soundcloud I thought "Hold on, that looks suspiciously like a dubby wave pattern! Noooo! Not on this tune!!"

Irrespective of generally not liking that style - I will add something a bit more specific. The original tune has so much energy it's unbelievable - and I really think this tune could be absolutely fcuking enormous if you did a traditional version that capitalized on that.

Again though, that build-up is staggeringly good!
Audio Warfare Nice one Jay. I might make the second drop a normal one with riffage and a normal off beat bass fora bit of variety or I might make two versions, currently undecided. :P
Ionosphere If I'd heard it without knowing it was by AW I'd have said "F*ck off!" and stopped it but....

....seeing as how it was Gaz wot dun it

I waited for at least another 5 seconds.

yeh

and it's that Same Old chord progression/bassline so beloved of the Hardcore massive....

Next!
Audio Warfare haha knew it wouldn't be to your taste mate. ;) The chord progression is as it is in The Kids Aren't Alright so it's just a coincidence it happens to use it I guess.
Ionosphere I wasn't going to comment as you know my thoughts anyway but wtf?

yeh. A nicely done bit of.... you know what.

and it's proof that that same old sequence is.... old. :-/
Audio Warfare Haha yeah man, must have been late 90s. :P There's a reason I didn't e-mail you a link to this one. ;) I just knew you would explode in a fireball of pleasure listening to a tune with that chord sequence AND a fart noise bass.
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:

I just knew you would explode in a fireball of pleasure listening to a tune with that chord sequence AND a fart noise bass.

Simon I think it sounds alright, fits the original perfectly imo...Not sure what all the fuss is abooot.
Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
I think it sounds alright, fits the original perfectly imo...Not sure what all the fuss is abooot.

Cheers mate. :) Glad one or two people like it here haha. It's the "Dubcore" divide I guess. A fair few people hate that style of Hardcore (and a lot of those people are on this forum). :P I've had positive feedback elsewhere so it's swings and roundabouts!

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page