Total online 1524
 Radio listeners 150+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 DJ's no longer allowed to play Archefluxx tracks?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
NekoShuffle Are you a DJ?
Have you pissed off Archefluxx in the past?
Said or done something he didn't like?

If you can answer "Yes" to those questions then you're NO LONGER PERMITTED to use freely distributed, copyright-free Archefluxx tracks in your mixes!

Following on from the "Gammer - Nostalgia" drama, Archefluxx decided he would bother me on twitter in an attempt to PROVE ME WRONG. After throwing his toys out of the pram and acting like a child, I decided I'd had enough and called him out for being childish; to which he promptly claimed I was "no longer permitted" to use his tracks in my mixes and had to take them down.

If you have the patience/time, the full conversation can be read at http://www.twitter.com/NekoShuffle and http://www.twitter.com/archefluxx

This of course, sparks a lot of debate:

Are big name DJs who have pissed Archefluxx off also prohibited from playing his tracks?
Are forum DJs who have pissed Archefluxx off (Triq? Andy Influx? Just about everyone?)
Does Lane 3 belong to Archefluxx? Or does it belong to Spirit Wolf?
What about other collaborations?

Does Archefluxx wield this power over tracks released freely with no copyright on soundcloud?
Will he do the same to YOU?

As for me, until I see some proof showing that the tracks (at the time of the download) were not permitted to be used in DJ mixes, they're just words. But I thought I'd warn those of you who have also used his tracks in your mixes - all it takes is to say the wrong thing sometime in the future, and your mix may (Or may not) have to be pulled too. Is that a risk you want to take?

It certainly raises a lot of questions, thoughts?
wong
Dys7 Im not touching this.
DJ D-Luc-D I thought that even if it's free, the owner's rights are still reserved?

Also, liking a person and liking that person's music are a different thing, so that's just unreasonable.
NekoShuffle
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
I thought that even if it's free, the owner's rights are still reserved?

Also, liking a person and liking that person's music are a different thing, so that's just unreasonable.

Well, for starters, Soundcloud doesn't mention that, and it didn't mention that at the time of the download too, I did have a check through the copyright terms and conditions and I seem to be in the clear.

I used the tracks "Pikachu" and "Lane 3". "Pikachu" has samples from Pokemon/4Kids entertainment and arranges owned by GameFreak so he doesn't own the copyright for that track, so that isn't going down. Lane 3 is a collab with Spirit Wolf so that's a grey area too, not to mention that we have no idea as to whether the samples in the track are indeed owned by him/them.

I think this is just silly really, I didn't want to even be getting involved in any drama; but on the other hand, if it can happen to me then it can happen to anyone else so I think it's at least fair to warn people what they are potentially letting themselves in for when they make a mix with an Archefluxx track or want to make a CD compilation with his music on it.

Even if this ends with a hug and an apology I'm not going to be dealing with his music or collabs after this, I don't want to live in fear of my mixes being forced down just because he got into an internet argument or chose not to like something I said, it's all terribly infantile.
whispering
scottyd2k9 such a BABA
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:

Lol, where do people find all these .gifs?
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Im not touching this.

That's what she said
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Im not touching this.

That's what she said

That wouldn't be a good thing if she said that
latininxtc Oh Archefluxx you big bipolar baby. You never cease to amuse me lol. Made a big deal and cried abuse about djs giving you hell when you used their songs for Zonkers, and now you're doing the same thing.
cruelcore1 Now this is getting too far... Typical forum fight turning into personal quarrels.
Shades
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
Even if this ends with a hug and an apology I'm not going to be dealing with his music or collabs after this

isnt that what he wanted.....?

yay i like a happy ending

Dys7 The battle of WilkyShuffle and Archesmoog, Part 1
Hard2Get My god twitter is a confusing peice of shit.
NekoShuffle
quote:
The battle of WilkyShuffle and Archesmoog, Part 1

I don't even have any business being here really. Ever since the clubland argument, my passion for hardcore dropped substantially. I checked facebook one day and saw that someone had shared the Gammer track and thought 'Ooh I wonder what they think about this on hhc.com..'. I saw Archefluxx acting way out of line and thought I'd try the reasonable approach rather than the "you're an arsehole" etc. comments some people had made.

And now this unfolds? I tried to ignore all the Zonkers rumours about Archefluxx and make my own judgement but really this just completely confirms them. Even now I'm having trouble believing this isn't some kind of elaborate prank being pulled on me, and that people aren't actually this childish. "You're not allowed to play my records because you said something I didn't like" ? Have I missed something major in my absence?
Archefluxx DJ's are welcome to mix my stuff.

I often comment on mixes thanking them for the inclusion of my track and compliment the mix.

However you said you think Im an idiot, and you want nothing to do with me, and dont want to be compared to someone like me. That's a little rude, so I dont want you using my tracks. If you want nothing to do with me anyway, why would you want to have my stuff in your mixes anymore anyway?

Shame you've brought it on here, obviously trying to show me up or damage me.

So yeah, when you're ready take my tracks out of your mixes. Remove them and re-mix them if you want. I dont care.

Anyone else want to use my tracks? That's fine, just dont expect me to be nice as pie when you call me an idiot directly on Twitter. I thought Neko was a friend, and I've defended his mixes against haters before, much the same way I did for Gammers track, and Neko was fiiine with that. But when he turns around and says he wants nothing to do with idiots like me... well you know the rest lol.

You call me childish, but you kept the Nostalgia discussion going with your essay yesterday, then posted this when I decided to pull my tracks from your projects. Everything childish you think I do, remarkably, you do right back.

:D

quote:
Are big name DJs who have pissed Archefluxx off also prohibited from playing his tracks?
Are forum DJs who have pissed Archefluxx off (Triq? Andy Influx? Just about everyone?)

Does Archefluxx wield this power over tracks released freely with no copyright on soundcloud?

Firstly no. The only person I've prohibited is you.

Secondly no. The only person I've prohibited is you.

Lane 3 is 50% mine and 50% Spirit Wolf's. It does however contain my voice, to a large degree my production and my mastering, and therefore I can pull it. The only person I've prohibited is you.

The tracks are not creative commons, you dont have the right to use them. As the author you still need my permission, technically - but I just don't mind normally... Otherwise I can download your mixes and claim they're mine. You dont have a copyright on your mixes, and no trademark on your name. I could start releasing music as Neko Shuffle if I wanted to!

The Ekkotekk track contains plenty of samples, but unless there's a big copyright claim by the company, the track is still mine to pull. The track was produced by myself and my own personal samples have gone in there, too, just as they do with all the songs.

The way I see it, its not what you get yourself into when you mix my stuff, its what you get into when you dismiss a friendship and call the other person an idiot and all the other things. You didnt want a drama when you posted yesterday on Nostalgia? Right... Did you want drama on your 20 page Clubland thread before Christmas?

Latin, Zonkers taught me that any artist can pull any track when they want if it isnt permitted. So yeah, Im exercising that

I genuinely believe that Neko hasnt read beyond page 2 of the Nostalgia thread. Perhaps he should. Ive made my stance clear on there about the Nostalgia thread.

Anymore questions?
Bonkers4Life *sigh*

Keep you troubles to yourself.

He can do whatever he wants. They are his tracks, and he can tell you not to use them if he wants to or not.

I find it really unnecessary to make this all public.
NekoShuffle Forget it, they're not being pulled. You act like a child, that's what you get.

EDIT:

And lets get a few things straight while we're at it:

I read all of the nostalgia thread many times over, you're basically getting mad because people don't like what you like - that's all there is to it. Just because people complain about dubcore, doesn't mean they can't complain about riff hardcore either, even if that's what they want. A forum is for opinions; if you can't accept said opinions - leave, because by doing so you're just trolling/flaming/pissing everybody off to no end.

Second of all, I don't know where you get the idea that I'm your 'friend' besides agreeing on the same points occassionally, and even if it were the case, what does this have to do with friendship? If someone is acting like an idiot, friend or not, someone has to tell them. I've never even met you.

Thirdly, I have no intention of trying to 'destroy' your 'career', you're doing a fine job of it yourself by telling the world that anyone who gets on the wrong side of you isn't allowed to promote your work. All you're doing is digging yourself a deeper hole to the point where nobody is going to want to work with you. That's not my doing - that's your own.

Finally, you don't own the copyright for Pikachu, therefore it's not being removed from my mix, I have no proof on whether or not you really own the samples or even have any hand in Lane 3 - so that isn't going either. Believe me, I have no intention of using your tracks in mixes from this point forward, but what is staying is staying. The full DJ-length tracks are not featured in my mixes, just the parts I've mixed in - it's essentially a sample.

It's ironic that you think 3 people saying that they think a track is boring is "disrespectful" and "shitting on Gamms" but telling someone who has recommended and promoted your music to get rid of it from their music because "YOU'RE BEING MEAN" is perfectly fine.

Oh and stop throwing ad hominem everywhere, the clubland thread has been and gone and has no relevance to this, I'd say I did a fairly mature and considerate thing by leaving in order to kill some of the drama which is a darn sight more than you ever did.
Dys7 Neko, let it go. You're digging a hole at this point.
NekoShuffle
quote:
Neko, let it go. You're digging a hole at this point.

Let what go? I'm not the one digging a hole, I'm just telling it how it is. I'd gladly like to forget all this, and I think that might be exactly what I do.
Dys7 Then do it - in fact, don't make another post on this topic. You said want to forget, so do it.
NekoShuffle
quote:
Then do it - in fact, don't make another post on this topic. You said want to forget, so do it.

Consider it done. This topic is officially dropped.
latininxtc Thank God. this has gotten embarrassingly pathetic. for the both of you.
Dys7 Triq, Whisper, anyone want to lock this?
silver While I don't know the specifics here, the copyright holder owns the track no matter where it is or how it is released (even for free), in this case the artist and can make any sort of conditions they want. Seems strange to exclude one person but that's upto the owner of the track to decide and no one else.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
While I don't know the specifics here, the copyright holder owns the track no matter where it is or how it is released (even for free), in this case the artist and can make any sort of conditions they want. Seems strange to exclude one person but that's upto the owner of the track to decide and no one else.

Like Neko said, what if it contains samples (or notes, doesn't need to a sample) from another song?

If any artists wish to pull on/some of my mixes "off the air", and are in general a douchebag about it, and by the Nordic gods, I will be happily wait for a court order applied to a Swedish court. ;) (Respected artists, or artists who ask like a common person will be listened to).

... And here I thought I'd be on "not allowed to use" list :(
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
My god twitter is a confusing peice of shit.

it's horrible innit, i think ive only been on it twice, i hate it
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
Are you a DJ?
Have you pissed off Archefluxx in the past?
Said or done something he didn't like?

If you can answer "Yes" to those questions then you're NO LONGER PERMITTED to use freely distributed, copyright-free Archefluxx tracks in your mixes!

Following on from the "Gammer - Nostalgia" drama, Archefluxx decided he would bother me on twitter in an attempt to PROVE ME WRONG. After throwing his toys out of the pram and acting like a child, I decided I'd had enough and called him out for being childish; to which he promptly claimed I was "no longer permitted" to use his tracks in my mixes and had to take them down.

If you have the patience/time, the full conversation can be read at http://www.twitter.com/NekoShuffle and http://www.twitter.com/archefluxx

This of course, sparks a lot of debate:

As for me, until I see some proof showing that the tracks (at the time of the download) were not permitted to be used in DJ mixes, they're just words. But I thought I'd warn those of you who have also used his tracks in your mixes - all it takes is to say the wrong thing sometime in the future, and your mix may (Or may not) have to be pulled too. Is that a risk you want to take?

It certainly raises a lot of questions, thoughts?

Nekoshuffle sounds like your using this forum to rubbish Archefluxx who really only seemed to direct it at mainly YOU not using HIS tracks on YOUR mixes. And you've gotten shirty at this and tried to make out that he said everyone can't use Archefluxxs tracks in their sets.

Also this post has been very one sided and all about Neckoshuffle version of events. Because the way this looks is Nekoshuffle wants to ruin this guys reputation on a forum because he's angry at them.
No need to put a personal disagreement on a forum to get people on your side. Because I and most other people on here are'nt believing it.

Also I've heard a lot of Nekoshuffles mixing and sets on youtube, levels are pretty ordinary as well as a lot of the mixing. So I really do think it's a bit rich of Nekoshuffle to come on these forums and slate so many different people. Kinda like a saying THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK or THROWING STONES AT GLASS HOUSES WHEN YOUR OWN HOME IS MADE OF GLASS.

MAYBE IF YOU BECOME A BIT MORE HUMBLE AND KIND TOWARDS PEOPLE YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY GET LISTENED TO. Because nearly all I see on your posts are constant bitching about people.

Ever noticed how the poeple that make it Hardcore let their music do the talking. Instead wasting all their time posting bull and venom towards other people in the scene you don't like for one silly reason or another. I'm telling you now, you've annoyed way too many people in high places and will never get giggs anywhere decent. You kinda blacklisted yourself.
Also I'm not a dj, just an enthusiast who loves Hardcore. Have a nice day.

Samination **** that, where's the popcorn?

This is the reason why we should have a Waffle, or a proper return of USH.

TBH, both are barking up the wrong tree here. And especially on twitter, when you can't read all the posts properly unless they are linked... which they aren't.

But seriously, cut Archee som slack. He has probably had problems in real life with his aggresion. Either that, or he is like me. The Real me IS NOT the same as the internet twat I am.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
**** that, where's the popcorn?

TBH, both are barking up the wrong tree here. And especially on twitter, when you can't read all the posts properly unless they are linked... which they aren't.

But seriously, cut Archee som slack. He has probably had problems in real life with his aggresion. Either that, or he is like me. The Real me IS NOT the same as the internet twat I am.

Yeah lets get some popcorn and watch Nekoshuffle get angry and make more agro and venom towards people. All he will be doing is proving my last point totally right. I guarantee there will be a whole lot of name calling too towards me and anyone else that does'nt agree with him. Step right up folks, and watch the bitter Nekoshuffle attack.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:The Real me IS NOT the same as the internet twat I am.

its true.. samination is really a hot redhead brunette girl from norway! ;)
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

I fcukin' knew it.
Dys7
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:
**** that, where's the popcorn?

Yeah lets get some popcorn and watch Nekoshuffle get angry and make more agro and venom towards people. All he will be doing is proving my last point totally right. I guarantee there will be a whole lot of name calling too towards me and anyone else that does'nt agree with him. Step right up folks, and watch the bitter Nekoshuffle attack.

Can't you guys just **** drop this convo already? Neko already said he's done with the argument and he's not posting on this topic anymore
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:

Anymore questions?

Yes mate. How's the swimming going now that you're away?
cruelcore1 This is too much drama for me. I'm out of this.
whispering
quote:

You prohibited retrospectively, which means you can do it to anyone else, too. Thats a huge risk someone takes when playing any of your tunes on a mix that is given away (which is illegal strictly speaking).
Simon I put my foot in at the shallow end here and them promptly removed it, this is between 2 people, not my beeswax.
Archefluxx Mixing tracks regardless is risky. Any artist has the right to pull their music, and labels and artists have done in the past - to me and to others.

Sampling is illegally if you do it without permission, but thats something the entire scene is guilty of, although you cant copyright or patent a chord sequence or sequence of notes - as far as I know. That's why that also happens and also why everyone gets away with it all the time.

Its no secret that I can get hot headed on forums, but the Nostalgia thread I explained, as well as apologised for being rude. I stand by the reasoning I gave after the initial post, and have tried to explain it across the forum and over twitter to a Neko Shuffle who had already decided his new opinion of me.

I know I can be awkward on the forums, but at the end of the day its just a forum. I made a post that was just as worthless and pointless as the the posts I was responding to, and everyone got up in arms. I dont really have personal issues with people on here, and when we discuss hardcore or argue about it, I never really see their arguement as a reflection on their personality or how they are generally. Samination and I argue all the time but are friendly outside of the forums. However, what bugged me last week with the Nostalgia thread that to an extent fuelled the discussion were the comments about my life being why I was posting. Dyzphazia remarked "is uni really that boring?" and Lilley started remarking about my swimming, and even dug up old threads about it.
That annoyed me, and I posted more in my own defense. Like I said I wish I hadn't. I can understand why some people will dislike me, and not like my character and presence on these boards, and I try and avoid those people, these days. However, if a debate is hardcore related I dont let that inflict my opinion on them as a person. I'd appreciate if other people did the same and didnt let my position and opinions on here effect people view and opinion on my music.

Now, I'll say it again, I appreciate everyone who supports my music and keeps my enthusiasm in the genre alive. If they didnt enjoy my music thats fine. If I got a load of hate from someone on my music I wouldnt have anything to say about it. If they mixed my stuff and hated, I wouldnt care - how much could they hate a track they mix? But when someone starts judging me as a person and makes an attack on that based on one forum post which I later regretted, apologised for and explained who I previously thought was a mate in the community (if thats what we can even call it), I dont see why I should let them have the privilege of using my music to promote themselves through a mix series or whatever else. I've got nothing more to say on this matter or on this thread - nor do I have anything more to say to Neko Shuffle. Its a shame his opinion of me was so easily swayed by one post, but thats just how some people are. I'm satisfied that he's said he won't be using my music again, and I'll be looking into following up my wish of his previous mixes containing my material indirectly.

One last thing.
Ionosphere, its going slowly. Uni has been very busy, but I've recently competed and have as much thirst for the sport as ever before :)
Vladel I think Archefluxx's hissy fit is about the best since Sharkey took his tunes down and went home.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I think Archefluxx's hissy fit is about the best since Sharkey took his tunes down and went home.

Hissy fit? Compared to Archee, Sharkey's the biggest Hissy around, pulling out his own album project because of what happened with Hardcore Energy 2. True, piracy isn't a fine thing, but he dissapointed alot of fans who wanted to buy his unreleased tracks. now that's dirty.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
this has gotten embarrassingly pathetic. for the both of you.

Lol, i think it started that way. Not that Archefluxx made the decision (it's his decision to make) that he did, but what it turned into.
The Doc Are his tracks any good?
Dys7 You just asked that on a debate that started because people disagree with musical tastes. Irony.
Dyzphazia Just to reiterate:

Is uni really that boring? How much time have you spent cooking up these long ass posts that don't make you look any better, despite whether you're in the right or not?
Archefluxx
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
Are his tracks any good?

Depends on what your taste in hardcore is. I base my sound around what got me in love with hardcore in the first place. Fast hard melodic tracks from the 2005 sort of time.

However its up to you to venture out of your safety zone and explore whats available. There are dozens of amazing artists out there with amazing tracks that deserve attention.

@Dyz, its Easter holiday...
Ionosphere
quote:

One last thing.
Ionosphere, its going slowly. Uni has been very busy, but I've recently competed and have as much thirst for the sport as ever before :)

Excellent, glad you haven't lost the thirst and good luck. :)

...."thirst"? Is that the right word for a swimmer? ....don't drink the water in the pool.
Dyzphazia
quote:

Oh yeah. My bad. Didn't notice because I work and don't have kids ;P

Still, how long does it take you to write the responses? Surely it's really not worth the time and effort?
Archefluxx
quote:
Originally posted by Dyzphazia:
quote:

Oh yeah. My bad. Didn't notice because I work and don't have kids ;P

Still, how long does it take you to write the responses? Surely it's really not worth the time and effort?

I'm quite a good typer, so writing replies isn't too laborious if I have a point I particularly want to make
Lilley FWIW
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
While I don't know the specifics here, the copyright holder owns the track no matter where it is or how it is released (even for free), in this case the artist and can make any sort of conditions they want. Seems strange to exclude one person but that's upto the owner of the track to decide and no one else.

This is 100% true. Copyright is inherent upon making of a track. If material in said item is part of copyright fraud that is something that is up to the people who owned the copyright of the material used to make an issue of. On that note:
quote:
Koh, as it turned out, hadnt made up her mind. Samsung, she suggested, may have imitated Apple, but Apple may have imitated a much earlier and commercially unsuccessful device introduced in 1994 by the newspaper publisher Knight-Ridder.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-03-29/apple

Point being, if you piss someone off enough, say by telling them to remove your item claiming copyright, they can turn around and dob you in without any trouble at all.

quote:
quote:

You prohibited retrospectively, which means you can do it to anyone else, too. Thats a huge risk someone takes when playing any of your tunes on a mix that is given away (which is illegal strictly speaking).

The legality of all this is troubling. I do not believe permission can be removed retrospectively. If permission existed at a the time the mix was released, that can't be taken away after the fact due to a hang up. You have given the right to put your track in the mix - maybe not explicitly but certainly implicitly. At this point, I'm fairly certain the only legal order for removal can come from Gamefreak. Or you invoking copyright theft on gamefreak's behalf but the downside of that is you will need to remove your track from the public domain in order to erase all trace of copyright theft from your track before releasing it again.

The stupidity of all this is that you want to lose the the free publicity you are getting from having your track in his mix. I understand that the two of you had a panties twisting moment but seriously? Typically the only people with asses tight enough to do that already have the popularity not to need the free publicity and it actually costs them rather than benefits them. Gamefreak would be a perfect example of this.

I hope this sorts itself out without such drastic measures trying to be applied.
Lilley Firstly:
quote:

Next,
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:The Real me IS NOT the same as the internet twat I am.

Post naked pics.

Thirdly,

quote:
Can't you guys just **** drop this convo already? Neko already said he's done with the argument and he's not posting on this topic anymore

Go away, you're boring.

Now, in complete fairness to both parties, this sounds a lot like two teenagers complaining that one got a longer suck on mummy's tit than the other did...

Now I think I must add that this:

quote:
Nekoshuffle sounds like your using this forum to rubbish Archefluxx who really only seemed to direct it at mainly YOU not using HIS tracks on YOUR mixes. And you've gotten shirty at this and tried to make out that he said everyone can't use Archefluxxs tracks in their sets.

Also this post has been very one sided and all about Neckoshuffle version of events. Because the way this looks is Nekoshuffle wants to ruin this guys reputation on a forum because he's angry at them.
No need to put a personal disagreement on a forum to get people on your side. Because I and most other people on here are'nt believing it.

Also I've heard a lot of Nekoshuffles mixing and sets on youtube, levels are pretty ordinary as well as a lot of the mixing. So I really do think it's a bit rich of Nekoshuffle to come on these forums and slate so many different people. Kinda like a saying THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK or THROWING STONES AT GLASS HOUSES WHEN YOUR OWN HOME IS MADE OF GLASS.

MAYBE IF YOU BECOME A BIT MORE HUMBLE AND KIND TOWARDS PEOPLE YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY GET LISTENED TO. Because nearly all I see on your posts are constant bitching about people.

Ever noticed how the poeple that make it Hardcore let their music do the talking. Instead wasting all their time posting bull and venom towards other people in the scene you don't like for one silly reason or another. I'm telling you now, you've annoyed way too many people in high places and will never get giggs anywhere decent. You kinda blacklisted yourself.

is complete ********. Bit's may be factual but altogether it's ********.

Not tried. Did. Completely plainly obvious for everyone who bothers using their eyes to see. It says that if you argue with this guy long enough he's not going to give permission to use his material or possibly even try to revoke permission previously given. The precedent has been set, and its standing out like an erect penis on a thai ladyboy. It will make some people very cautious about using his material in future particularly considering that Arch is hardly headlining the scene. Archefluxx, removing permission to use tracks in future is one thing and in fairness is completely your choice and no one can really say anything against that, but to try it retrospectively is a dumb**** of a thing to do.

Also this post has been very one sided and all about Neckoshuffle version of events.

All that is needed to respond to this is
For complete intellectual honesty, the full account has been linked. You really can't get much more even-handed than that. As for dragging it into the public sphere, well it was already there on twitter. Sure it's gossip but if it wasn't for gossip this forum wouldn't exist anymore.

This is just completely retarded, the two don't even compare. "You're crap at air-hockey so you can't make comments about someone's heritage" WTF?

Ever noticed how the poeple that make it Hardcore let their music do the talking. Instead wasting all their time posting bull and venom towards other people in the scene you don't like for one silly reason or another.

And regarding getting gig's? where the **** did you come from? Money gets gig's, not popularity amongst promoters. Every single person who has some role in the scene hates the ****ing button-eyed mousehead with a passion that burns like pompeii, yet he still gets gig's because he brings money. Same goes for tiesto.
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
I think Archefluxx's hissy fit is about the best since Sharkey took his tunes down and went home.

Hissy fit? Compared to Archee, Sharkey's the biggest Hissy around, pulling out his own album project because of what happened with Hardcore Energy 2. True, piracy isn't a fine thing, but he dissapointed alot of fans who wanted to buy his unreleased tracks. now that's dirty.

I wasn't aware this was the reason for ditching the album. I just figured he wasn't happy with it & decided against it.

That's a real shame. A legend like Sharkey should, no MUST! finish such a career with a bang & a nod to the fans.

I can understand his frustration but not everyone out there are greedy little f**kers & are happy to pay respect where it is due. Hopefully he'll have second thoughts. Its a real sour note to end such an outstanding career on.
Future_Shock
quote:
quote:

How can you be a redhead AND a brunette?

I knew this was false.
Lilark This is Arche we're talking about. He'll get over it.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Shadow:
quote:
quote:

I wasn't aware this was the reason for ditching the album. I just figured he wasn't happy with it & decided against it.

That's a real shame. A legend like Sharkey should, no MUST! finish such a career with a bang & a nod to the fans.

I can understand his frustration but not everyone out there are greedy little f**kers & are happy to pay respect where it is due. Hopefully he'll have second thoughts. Its a real sour note to end such an outstanding career on.

I don't know if it's true, it was said on a thread that was talking about Hardcore Energy and the piracy around it.
I think I read it on USH so I find out who are what it said.
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=53684&SearchTerms=piracy
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
Firstly:
quote:

Next,
quote:
quote:

Post naked pics.

Thirdly,

quote:

Go away, you're boring.

Now, in complete fairness to both parties, this sounds a lot like two teenagers complaining that one got a longer suck on mummy's tit than the other did...

Now I think I must add that this:

quote:

is complete ********. Bit's may be factual but altogether it's ********.

Not tried. Did. Completely plainly obvious for everyone who bothers using their eyes to see. It says that if you argue with this guy long enough he's not going to give permission to use his material or possibly even try to revoke permission previously given. The precedent has been set, and its standing out like an erect penis on a thai ladyboy. It will make some people very cautious about using his material in future particularly considering that Arch is hardly headlining the scene. Archefluxx, removing permission to use tracks in future is one thing and in fairness is completely your choice and no one can really say anything against that, but to try it retrospectively is a dumb**** of a thing to do.

Also this post has been very one sided and all about Neckoshuffle version of events.

All that is needed to respond to this is
For complete intellectual honesty, the full account has been linked. You really can't get much more even-handed than that. As for dragging it into the public sphere, well it was already there on twitter. Sure it's gossip but if it wasn't for gossip this forum wouldn't exist anymore.

This is just completely retarded, the two don't even compare. "You're crap at air-hockey so you can't make comments about someone's heritage" WTF?

Ever noticed how the poeple that make it Hardcore let their music do the talking. Instead wasting all their time posting bull and venom towards other people in the scene you don't like for one silly reason or another.

And regarding getting gig's? where the **** did you come from? Money gets gig's, not popularity amongst promoters. Every single person who has some role in the scene hates the ****ing button-eyed mousehead with a passion that burns like pompeii, yet he still gets gig's because he brings money. Same goes for tiesto.

I don't think it's totally about money, if someone is good enough and lets their talent do the talking they'll make it anywhere. You can't say every single known dj is up there because they have money. Sounds like something someone would say that is annoyed that they hav'nt gotten to where they want to go.

I think nearly everyone in the hardcore scene playing at the big events is there because they make good music and pull a crowd. Not how much money they pay promoters. Sorry but there is no way Klubfiller or Darwin etc is paying promoters to play at their giggs. Just would'nt happen.

You listen to the big names playing these days like Gammer, Joey Riot, Recon, Fracus etc. They are there because they are dam good mixers and producers and have their own sound. They don't try and copy hardcore sounds from 5 years ago. Are constantly pushing musical boundaries.

As for slating people, I don't think someone can be too critical towards someone if they are much worse than the person they are slating. MAKES THEM LOOK PLAIN JEALOUS!!
Which is definitely the case with Neckoshuffle. I've seen him say Breeze is a shit dj, yet Breeze is a miles better dj and producer than him.

By the way I like that picture.
Lilley
quote:
I don't think it's totally about money, if someone is good enough and lets their talent do the talking they'll make it anywhere. You can't say every single known dj is up there because they have money. Sounds like something someone would say that is annoyed that they hav'nt gotten to where they want to go.

I think nearly everyone in the hardcore scene playing at the big events is there because they make good music and pull a crowd. Not how much money they pay promoters. Sorry but there is no way Klubfiller or Darwin etc is paying promoters to play at their giggs. Just would'nt happen.

You listen to the big names playing these days like Gammer, Joey Riot, Recon, Fracus etc. They are there because they are dam good mixers and producers and have their own sound. They don't try and copy hardcore sounds from 5 years ago. Are constantly pushing musical boundaries.

I don't know why when I said it's about money you automatically assumed it's because the dj's pay the promoters. It doesn't work like that. It's about money in that those dj's bring a crowd that pays money to promoters in order to listen to them. Dj's that don't bring crowds don't get booked. The only shows that aren't for money are out in a barn or a field somewhere, where no one pays to get in, nor does anyone get payed to play.

quote:
As for slating people, I don't think someone can be too critical towards someone if they are much worse than the person they are slating. MAKES THEM LOOK PLAIN JEALOUS!!
Which is definitely the case with Neckoshuffle. I've seen him say Breeze is a shit dj, yet Breeze is a miles better dj and producer than him.

That may well be the case, but you didn't say that originally. What you did was compare apples to oranges, by suggesting that he was only arguing with Arche in reference to his music - clearly not the case at all, in fact given arche's stuff is in his mixes he probably thinks it's pretty decent - but rather was something completely unrelated to that. And no, criticising another efforts doesn't make someone look jealous. I will criticise abstract art for eternity, not be because of jealousy at the artist's "talent" but rather through complete contempt. I will also happily criticise Rhinana or any of the other muppets for "producing" (like they actually do any part of it) crap quality music that sounds like bubbly diarrhea. No I am not jealous of their amazing music.

Samination
quote:

By the way I like that picture.

You're using your opinion to say that Neko sucks incomparison too Breeze? Well that's kinda obvious since Mark has been in the game for 20+ years now.

While we're on the Breeze subject. I think he's has fallen far down like Jean Michel Jarre. JMJ's stuff where supreme until late 90's when he started doing more techno trance instead of instrumental/ambient.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:While we're on the Breeze subject. I think he's has fallen far down like Jean Michel Jarre. JMJ's stuff where supreme until late 90's when he started doing more techno trance instead of instrumental.

what is this weird obsession with JMJ? lol :P
Samination
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:While we're on the Breeze subject. I think he's has fallen far down like Jean Michel Jarre. JMJ's stuff where supreme until late 90's when he started doing more techno trance instead of instrumental.

what is this weird obsession with JMJ? lol :P

cause his latest 2 albums (that aren't any collection of his older/live shows) sucked :P Oh well, I'm not exactly adding anything substanial(?) into this topic so it's my time to stfu.
Dyzphazia
quote:
I'm not exactly adding anything substanial(?)

There's substance to this thread? O.o
Dys7
quote:
Originally posted by Dyzphazia:
quote:
I'm not exactly adding anything substanial(?)

There's substance to this thread? O.o

You're not helping by bumping it whenever we finally stop talking.
Dyzphazia Neither are you by continuing.

But its ****ing hilarious either way... I didn't say that there wasn't any value, just no substance.
Archefluxx Yeah I'd say the issue is resolved
Lane 3 is off, but I won't be pursuing the ekkotekk one - as it does use a lot of samples I dont own.
ponder I just read the USH thread, where loads of people posting in this thread were slagging off USH.

Then I read this thread, and it reminds me of USH. Genius.

Generally childish stuff over nothing of real importance.

A few nuggets to add:
An artist retains full copyright of their work even if it's given away for free. So, for example, I'd have loved to have included something like 'Nightdrive' by Metrik on Breaking Free, as it's fantastic and was given away for free, but I'd still have to license it through the correct channels to do so. Therefore, if you've uploaded a high quality mix (say 320k or above) then Archefluxx is within his rights, legally, to request its removal.

That said, that would be pretty anal.

I tried to read Neko Shuffle's Twitter page but it had a Hello Kitty background, so now I can't decide if he's a 7 year old girl (my girlfriend's niece is obsessed with Hello Kitty) or it's a page set-up to entice 7 year old girls. I guess playing music with Pokemon samples would fit the bill.

I digress...

This all seems like school yard bickering to me.
"He called me an idiot so he can't play my music."
"Well, he said I can't play his music so I'm going to post on happyhardcore.com about it."
And so on...

Trust me, from experience, you'll look back on this discussion in a few years time and cringe, wondering why you acted like such benders over something that, in the grand scheme of things, is not really that significant.

Shake hands, make up, play Pokemon together or whatever, and trust that in the long run, discussions like this are doing neither of you any favours whatsoever.
Everyone has an opinion and the right to express it, but if you are over-zealous in doing so, which Olly can be at times, then it's other people perception of you that changes, not their own opinions. Discussion is great, even ranting is great at times, but a bit of civility never went amiss. :)

P.S. I don't really think Neko is on a Twitter grooming mission, I just find grown adults who are in to Hello Kitty and Pokemon a bit... strange.

P.P.S. Breaking Free is out on Friday. Thanks.

P.P.P.S. MC Stixman.
Hard2Get
quote:
Trust me, from experience, you'll look back on this discussion in a few years time and cringe, wondering why you acted like such benders over something that, in the grand scheme of things, is not really that significant.

I'm already cringing.
ponder So am I. Mainly as I just noticed the profile under my avatar:
"New member - joined 2002".
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by ponder:
I tried to read Neko Shuffle's Twitter page but it had a Hello Kitty background, so now I can't decide if he's a 7 year old girl (my girlfriend's niece is obsessed with Hello Kitty) or it's a page set-up to entice 7 year old girls. I guess playing music with Pokemon samples would fit the bill.

You only like something that boosts your street credibility?
ponder
quote:
quote:

Yes. I listen to Skrillex, wear fake glasses and own a complete range of designer plimsoles.
In other news, congratulations on completely overlooking the jovial nature of my post.

latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes. I listen to Skrillex, wear fake glasses and own a complete range of designer plimsoles.
In other news, congratulations on completely overlooking the jovial nature of my post.

happens quite a bit on here. altho I'm sure Whispering probably saw some offense to that since he is a man in his late 20s who is obsessed with k-pop girl groups, which there is absolutely nothing wrong with that unless he tries to dress like one lol
djDMS These foreigners always struggle with banter and sarcasm
whispering
quote:

Though didn't change my view on the paragraph.

quote:
happens quite a bit on here. altho I'm sure Whispering probably saw some offense to that since he is a man in his late 20s who is obsessed with k-pop girl groups, which there is absolutely nothing wrong with that unless he tries to dress like one lol

Dude, you hurt my feelings. The Scots wear skirts too.
latininxtc
quote:

quote:

Yes but they're at least knee length, can't say the same thing about yours o_O
Samination
quote:
quote:

quote:

That doesn't take away the reason they (are supposed to) wear NOTHING under it
Warnman
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

At least you will not feel a surprise, if you put your hand under a Scottish skirt. Try this in Asia.
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

At least you will not feel a surprise, if you put your hand under a Scottish skirt. Try this in Asia.

Kinda takes the fun of it if you ask Jay.
Phobz Who needs dave when you've got happyhardcore.com, pure comedy. Ponder your post was spot on.
Lilley
quote:
A few nuggets to add:
An artist retains full copyright of their work even if it's given away for free. So, for example, I'd have loved to have included something like 'Nightdrive' by Metrik on Breaking Free, as it's fantastic and was given away for free, but I'd still have to license it through the correct channels to do so. Therefore, if you've uploaded a high quality mix (say 320k or above) then Archefluxx is within his rights, legally, to request its removal.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.
Archefluxx Jesus Christ Fenton, this has become a pretty funny thread!

Tbh it was pretty funny to begin with!

It took 4.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page