Radio listeners 169+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 USH gone forever?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Archefluxx Been speculation about USH shutting down

Looks like its happened looking at Tweets about it.
Vladel total shocker to be honest
e-lucid yup, gone.. :(
Wilky Shit, where's it gone?
_Jay_ Hadn't heard anything about that, but yeah, looks like it. 404 error.

e-lucid it's been shut down by the owner
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by e-lucid:
it's been shut down by the owner

Any particular reason? And who was the owner, out of interest?
NekoShuffle You know what that means...how long is it before we're flooded by USH's members. Good thing? Bad thing? If this place gets as bad as USH I'm out of here. No disrespects to anyone, we have our controversial opinions but I don't think we held a candle to USH for winding up producers and DJs. I'd like to think we're sensible and troll-free enough for DJs and Producers to look at for feedback and constructive criticism as opposed to just "THE NEW STUFF SUCKS" or whatever.
Archefluxx Goodbye Zonkers Thread Forever! YEEEEEEHAW
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by e-lucid:
it's been shut down by the owner

Any particular reason? And who was the owner, out of interest?

Big fat ugly Paul
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
You know what that means...how long is it before we're flooded by USH's members. Good thing? Bad thing? If this place gets as bad as USH I'm out of here. No disrespects to anyone, we have our controversial opinions but I don't think we held a candle to USH for winding up producers and DJs. I'd like to think we're sensible and troll-free enough for DJs and Producers to look at for feedback and constructive criticism as opposed to just "THE NEW STUFF SUCKS" or whatever.

I used to be one of the main ones for winding people up on ush... I still do it now but on Facebook... Go on bunters page.. He ****in loves it

Shame ush has gone as I was starting to use it again.. Oh well maybe Paul what himself over the though of me coming back ;)
djDMS There was a lot worse than you to worry about Wilky! Paul had threatened it before so surely was going to be a matter of time until it happened. Pity cos despite the 'decline' there were still a lot of properly funny people there.
Archefluxx Things seemed to fall apart in the last week. Moderators had a moderation war, deleting each others threads and arguing about whos the biggest troll.

I thought it was quite hilarious!
_Jay_ Ha ha!

I'm still waiting for Silver to promote me to Mod. Want my powers.
The Doc thats a shame! USH was a great place for id's, there was always someone on there who would know a track!
wong lol @ wilky thinkin hes important
wong skyee will get the blame more than anyone
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
lol @ wilky thinkin hes important

;)
whittle1 Posted a few times on there... nowhere near as good as it is on here though.
I hope most of their members dont show up on here because most of them were intolerable.
The majority of DJ's used to give their input directly to the site so Silver should seize this opportunity.
wong nah forums are struggling too much theses days mate which is a big shame. it all happens on facebook n twitter . just isnt the same. its crap
The Doc There are currently 39,357 members on here! (a lot also used USH) lets see how many it increases by in a months time! Also just noticed todays member of the day is a certain DJ Kurt! (its started already lol)
Cubeforce Ush needed moderators badly, they didn't have any (decent ones anyway) so trolls ruined every single thread that had anything to do with UK hardcore. So.. how strict are mods here? :P
m0nst3r yet out of those 39,357...how many actually post?
like 20 of us?
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by m0nst3r:
yet out of those 39,357...how many actually post?
like 20 of us?

More importantly, how many are female?!

quote:
Originally posted by Cubeforce:
Ush needed moderators badly, they didn't have any (decent ones anyway) so trolls ruined every single thread that had anything to do with UK hardcore. So.. how strict are mods here? :P

Not very, but they don't need to be. Everyone sucks each other off and plays nice.
NekoShuffle I only went downstairs to make a sandwich and we already have Cubehard and a bunch of people I don't recognise in the thread!

Oh EDIT it's Cube...force? Is that the same person?
m0nst3r
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by m0nst3r:
yet out of those 39,357...how many actually post?
like 20 of us?

*raises hand*

If you ask Silver nicely he might be able to actually tell you that...he might be able to search by sex.
m0nst3r
quote:

*raises hand*

If you ask Silver nicely he might be able to actually tell you that...he might be able to search by sex.

wong
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by m0nst3r:

clearly not enough
m0nst3r >.< fail jess >.<
_Jay_
quote:
I only went downstairs to make a sandwich and we already have Cubehard and a bunch of people I don't recognise in the thread!

Oh EDIT it's Cube...force? Is that the same person?

Cubeforce runs KraftyRadio mate.

quote:
quote:

*raises hand*

It'd be irrelevant, because you're the only one that posts! Would be interesting to know though.
wong who's jess?
wong edit: muppet . ignore . clicked reply instead of edit

Archefluxx
quote:
So.. how strict are mods here? :P

Im still here and not banned, so not very Strict.

I hope that the better elements of Ush join us. We like a good drama, but at the same time we can talk about hardcore seriously and the community is generally friendly to each other.
D-tor In this topic already I'm seeing new screen names. Let's see how this plays out.
wong
quote:
Originally posted by D-tor:
In this topic already I'm seeing new screen names. Let's see how this plays out.

hi. im only here cus im drunk
djDMS Most on USH weren't to interested in this site (for no particular reason) for years, so i doubt much different will happen now. Hardly likely to be a mass influx of knobheads now seeing as the non-hardcore sections there were much busier.
djDMS
quote:

*raises hand*

Everybody knows, she's a motherf***ing m0nst3r!
m0nst3r damn straight DMS haha

oh shut up wong, i know what i did wrong, i'm tired, i worked yesterday, come home to no housework been done and having an inspection today..stayed up till 11 cleaning the house, also doesn't help that the lounge floor had to be re-polished so all the furniture is everywhere.

The Doc I wonder if Traffic Cone will come on here? the guy must of had a million posts on USH!
Archefluxx
quote:
damn straight DMS haha

oh shut up wong, i know what i did wong,

LOLLOL
Ravechief Not really sure why I used ush over this site, but I'll have to give this a go now!
Dante
quote:
Ha ha!

I'm still waiting for Silver to promote me to Mod. Want my powers.

Imagine if everyone here was a mod, could be interesting.
m0nst3r psssh Archefluxx *slaps upside head*
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
I wonder if Traffic Cone will come on here? the guy must of had a million posts on USH!

oh god that arsehole lol. He's one of the ones that made it unbearable to even post on that site. I know I won't miss it, but apparently it was good at one point. And as far as mods go, the ones here don't do much b/c they don't need to do much. Once someone's posts get deleted for a good reason, or someone gets banned, we pretty much keep well in order after that.

except Wilky he'll always be a douche. and lol @ Wong's post about wilky. he always thinks he has some sort of godgiven rights on here or something.
NekoShuffle Is Wilky a troll here too? I thought he was just a bit slow on the uptake, have I been being trolled all this time??
Future_Shock
quote:
Is Wilky a troll here too? I thought he was just a bit slow on the uptake, have I been being trolled all this time??

I've been here since the beginning of wilky and I'm still not sure if he's a troll or just retarded. He's not a very good troll.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:
Is Wilky a troll here too? I thought he was just a bit slow on the uptake, have I been being trolled all this time??

I've been here since the beginning of wilky and I'm still not sure if he's a troll or just retarded. He's not a very good troll.

He's not a good troll b/c he's retarded. So he's both a troll and retarded!
tru bass
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:

It all makes sense now
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It all makes sense now

hehe it's already the after death of ush btw I was an original usher... Oldskool of 2003
ultraskool I thought Mr Anabolic Frolic was the owner of USH.net ? i used to check that website out ages ago. it's a North American hardcore site right?
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by ultraskool:
I thought Mr Anabolic Frolic was the owner of USH.net ? i used to check that website out ages ago. it's a North American hardcore site right?

No that's http://www.hulla.info which is pretty much dead these days too
Simon I never really liked USH, I was never elite enough to be there.
Samination Man I go away to sleep, and USH gets deleted in the meantime?

with all the whiners and haters (I'm partial of both), I guess it was for the better that USH finally closed down as no real artists used it. But I always knew somwhere that USH would go down before any Raver Baby mp3s (except for Al Storms) would hit the internet! Take that d2kx :P

I don't think any of the USHers will come here, as the like older Hardcore, and this forum is mostly about new.
wong
quote:
quote:
I wonder if Traffic Cone will come on here? the guy must of had a million posts on USH!

oh god that arsehole lol. He's one of the ones that made it unbearable to even post on that site.

seriously? he came across as one of the sensible ones to me. and bloody good at tune ids too
Samination funny how Waffle was what kept it alive for so long, and what finally killed it :P

But Sykee was a ****ing joke. Everyone made a joke of him on there anyways.
I never really read any of his posts, but they where all BNP influenced, and I'm
pretty sure encouraging racsism was against the EULA. And then he started
writting it was his full human right to post about anything. Problem is, USH, like
HappyHardcore.com, are PRIVATE forums, which means the owner can put any
rules up (or do anything he likes), as long as he does not break the law of the
server's location (so, no more talking about breaking copyright laws Wilky! or
you will get a free(?) trip to an Japanese prison!).

What got me mostly pissed off tho, was in the astra mod, where SYKEE proclaimed
that the people on USH where taking him too seriously. Too Seriously? He just made
all his posts and religious/political stand a joke itself. If you are not serious, then you
should not be posting around your believes.
Triquatra well, I think its a shame, ush was the first forum i signed up to (was in secondary school in 98) didn't post much...can't really remember how i ended up on this one instead

i'm sure it'll be back in some form...wonder how many eyes are watching that domain name...hmmmm
Wilky
quote:
quote:
quote:

oh god that arsehole lol. He's one of the ones that made it unbearable to even post on that site.

seriously? he came across as one of the sensible ones to me. and bloody good at tune ids too

Traffic Kone was a total tit - he was the reason I got my first ever ban
Weasel it used to be a great site but was spoiled by people who where no longer interested in the music
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Weasel:
it used to be a great site but was spoiled by people who where no longer interested in the music

that could be because the artists didnt have interest in their old fans
djDMS
quote:
it used to be a great site but was spoiled by people who where no longer interested in the music

Now there's a name from the past!
Weasel hows it going :) looks like you are stuck with me now haha
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah cus u was good as gold wasn't ya mush haha
Samination as golden as you get :P
Wilky
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah cus u was good as gold wasn't ya mush haha

obviously

;)
stray Don't worry the USHers seem to be migrating to my forum, HHC should be safe ;)
NekoShuffle
quote:
Originally posted by stray:
Don't worry the USHers seem to be migrating to my forum, HHC should be safe ;)

Is that the HardcoreProducer forums? I'd never even heard of that place until about a month ago
Triquatra its a freeformforum isn't it stray?

is HP still going? last i heard it kept going on and offline :S
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
its a freeformforum isn't it stray?

is HP still going? last i heard it kept going on and offline :S

I've bit been on it for ages either as that was dying...

is UK Scene still about?
Wilky sweet..

UK scene is relauncing in 2012

http://www.ukscene.info/
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Goodbye Zonkers Thread Forever! YEEEEEEHAW

i wouldn't count on that ;)
stray My forum is www.freeformforum.net, Hardcore producer is a site that focuses on the production side of Hardcore. HP was having a few issues but seems to be running OK now, although they are doing a major update atm, may turn into a general production forum rather than a Hardcore one when they relaunch.
d2kx Ush was a place full of hate, and it got worse and worse over the last weeks and months.
Archefluxx Wilky wtf have you got that profile pic for? You were never even on it!!
Triquatra
quote:
Wilky wtf have you got that profile pic for? You were never even on it!!

I believe he went under "spunk licker"?
djDMS
quote:
hows it going :) looks like you are stuck with me now haha

It's been too long mate! Good to have you back
Wilky
quote:
quote:

correct i did..

i've been a member since 2003 so dont know what Olly is on about LMAO..

Wilky the ush website now directs u to here

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2257903492

i like how it states it has nothing to do with them yet Paul is one of the admins haha #fail
Triquatra
quote:
quote:
quote:

correct i did..

was that out of choice...or did they change your name to that?
Wilky
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

correct i did..

i got banned a few years ago and was making a new account every week (to piss off the local miss marples) and eventually this one stuck LOL

my name Wilky also was filtered in the forum software so everytime someone typed wilky it would post some sad wannabe instead haha on top of that every post i made it came up with This post was made by Spunk Licker who is
currently on your ignore list. Display this post. <<< this had to be pressed if you wished to view my post

latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

correct i did..

i got banned a few years ago and was making a new account every week (to piss off the local miss marples) and eventually this one stuck LOL

my name Wilky also was filtered in the forum software so everytime someone typed wilky it would post some sad wannabe instead haha on top of that every post i made it came up with This post was made by Spunk Licker who is
currently on your ignore list. Display this post. <<< this had to be pressed if you wished to view my post

lol he is correct on this one as I figured out that he posted pretty much the same on both this forum and ush as well. When I made a post with "wilky" it changed to something, not sure if it was "some sad wannabe". I changed wilky somehow so it can show.

as far as Traffic Cone goes, he was informative, and at the same time he was a complete douchebag too. He spent most of the time being the latter.

Just checked the freeformforum.net and yup I see a few already there. Funny they don't seem to take a liking to you Olly lol
wong yeah ive notice olly aint very well liked aswell. not sure why but there u go
Archefluxx I know :P

Was all the Zonkers stuff I think lol
latininxtc
quote:
I know :P

could have been way before that but who knows.

But that's another thing that is so ridiculous about the members on there. They would praise big-name producers on their work, but when the whole Kevin Energy with the emails to Vladel happened, they were very quick to be complete asses to Kevin. Same thing happened when Joey Riot, Kurt, & Sharkey challenged the opinions of a few members on there. There were nothing but fcuking nutjobs on that site towards the end.

Wilky
quote:
quote:

But that's another thing that is so ridiculous about the members on there. They would praise big-name producers on their work, but when the whole Kevin Energy with the emails to Vladel happened, they were very quick to be complete asses to Kevin. Same thing happened when Joey Riot, Kurt, & Sharkey challenged the opinions of a few members on there. There were nothing but fcuking nutjobs on that site towards the end.

U on about ush or HP now?
Archefluxx
quote:
quote:

Exactly. Bunch of bandwagon bitches.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

U on about ush or HP now?

USH of course.
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

oh god that arsehole lol. He's one of the ones that made it unbearable to even post on that site. I know I won't miss it, but apparently it was good at one point. And as far as mods go, the ones here don't do much b/c they don't need to do much. Once someone's posts get deleted for a good reason, or someone gets banned, we pretty much keep well in order after that.

except Wilky he'll always be a douche. and lol @ Wong's post about wilky. he always thinks he has some sort of godgiven rights on here or something.

He's actually really cool. His posts on there aren't a good representation of anything really. And there is no way most of the members would come to this forum, it's the last kind of place they would want to come. Apart from the minority who actually have a non-cynical interest in current Hardcore. If people from ush wanted to post here they already would, that's why they posted on ush and not here. Although a few posted on both like wong etc (and myself to some extent).
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
quote:

He's actually really cool. His posts on there aren't a good representation of anything really. And there is no way most of the members would come to this forum, it's the last kind of place they would want to come. Apart from the minority who actually have a non-cynical interest in current Hardcore. If people from ush wanted to post here they already would, that's why they posted on ush and not here. Although a few posted on both like wong etc (and myself to some extent).

Thanks latinxtc, love u too babe ;)
technodup I wouldn't hold your breath gaining any new members from USH.

Although given some of the shite spouted in this thread I could have a look at arranging it. We've killed one forum, we can easily kill this one.
JustIncredible
quote:
Originally posted by technodup:
I wouldn't hold your breath gaining any new members from USH.

Although given some of the shite spouted in this thread I could have a look at arranging it. We've killed one forum, we can easily kill this one.

lol
Wilky
quote:

Bring it..,

This is my domain and I ****in challenge u...

technodup Pfft.

This site's for heavy faggots. Probably explains why you fit in.

Boaby rockets.
SpiritWolf
quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible:
quote:

lol

lol
technodup lol all you like. A year ago USH was a busy forum, now it's gone.

Wouldn't take much to bring this dive to it's knees. Although most of you lot are already on your knees in front of Hixxy or Fracus or some ****.

SpiritWolf
quote:
lol all you like. A year ago USH was a busy forum, now it's gone.

Wouldn't take much to bring this dive to it's knees. Although most of you lot are already on your knees in front of Hixxy or Fracus or some ****.

lol
NekoShuffle Entry level trolling
SpiritWolf
quote:
Entry level trolling

It's still fun :P
whispering
NekoShuffle
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWolf:
quote:
Entry level trolling

It's still fun :P

I meant him! Also I had no idea this was now a pony thread...

technodup
quote:
Entry level trolling

lol, I'm stating fact- not trolling.

tbh this forum isn't worth putting any real effort into trolling anyway. It's beyond parody.

Still it seems you've attracted some of the more 'special' USH posters. They'll fit in nicely.

5 years a member and about 12 posts. That says it all. Bye retards.

SpiritWolf
quote:
quote:
Entry level trolling

lol, I'm stating fact- not trolling.

tbh this forum isn't worth putting any real effort into trolling anyway. It's beyond parody.

Still it seems you've attracted some of the more 'special' USH posters. They'll fit in nicely.

5 years a member and about 12 posts. That says it all. Bye retards.

NekoShuffle
technodup Nice comebacks.
SpiritWolf
quote:
Nice comebacks.

You're welcome good sir!
Claxton Gutted USH has gone!! Although it had its many bad points recently, still a place I visited everyday.

Might as well give this place a go. *Sighs* here goes...
Bonkers4Life LOL at this whole thread.
Wilky wow technodrop...

you've just proved what a major cock u are and are really shite at trolling
Torpex I like nettles.
Warnman No one likes us, we don't care!
Cubeforce Haha, the extremely boring trolls from ush are here now too? Permaban would be too kind for these retards.
Wilky
quote:
Haha, the extremely boring trolls from ush are here now too? Permaban would be too kind for these retards.

yea, that works
m0nst3r this comes to mind....

Archefluxx If the ****s from USH are on here, I will use this board merely for spamming my music.
m0nst3r isnt that waht you already do? ;p

hehe

i kid....i kid
_Jay_
quote:
isnt that waht you already do? ;p

Ha ha! Your other contributions are negligible, Olly.......

I also have baby goats.
m0nst3r kids? :P
_Jay_ Well, I don't have kids exactly, but I was just trying to say that I was kidding as well.

On reflection, should have just said the word kidding.

:-(
m0nst3r bahahaha :P

I get it now *hides back under rock*
kernowbeat so chuffed ush is gone!!! for a hardcore forum it was so negative...
Bonkers4Life I think there should be a section in the forum open to only the USH members, while everything is locked for them.

I know its impossible, but its a good idea no?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
I think there should be a section in the forum open to only the USH members, while everything is locked for them.

it's possible, although it's a lot of work for the mods though, especially since the few that we have aren't able to be on here as much as they used to.

and lol there u go wilky thinking you own this place. When you actually donate some $$$ into this site, then you'll be able to claim some ownership to it.

and technoshit you're a real dick go ruin another forum.
Vladel To be honest i don't think most of the USH boys are all that bad. I spent some time over there and i think the major problem is how a thread diverts off from what it was about to utter rubbish. I don't think i saw that much of what i would consider trolling! When GT5 came out i was accused of trolling when i said it was s*** and i don't consider that trolling. Another forum i am on i saw proper trolling for sure. A friend of mine attacked every post this guy made, made him cry and complain and eventually sent him old man gay porn in private messages.
Wilky
quote:
quote:
I think there should be a section in the forum open to only the USH members, while everything is locked for them.

it's possible, although it's a lot of work for the mods though, especially since the few that we have aren't able to be on here as much as they used to.

and lol there u go wilky thinking you own this place. When you actually donate some $$$ into this site, then you'll be able to claim some ownership to it.

and technoshit you're a real dick go ruin another forum.

lmao...

I've never said I own this site
stray
quote:

That's exactly what I did with my site (well, i didn't ban them from other parts). UI think USH in general had a worse rep than it actually deserved, was a good place for open discussion and the guys there spoke what they felt. Yea, fair bit of abuse there but you can't write off a whole site just cos people don't agree. So I set up a no holds barred section of my forum so they have somewhere to go :)
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Another forum i am on i saw proper trolling for sure. A friend of mine attacked every post this guy made, made him cry and complain and eventually sent him old man gay porn in private messages.

who trolled first, your friend or the other guy?
Audio Warfare Yeah I never found Ush that bad tbh, was some decent people on there. Mind I've not really been on there much in the last couple of years so can't speak for recent times. I do use Squatjuice as well though so nothing else ever seems quite as bad for trolls etc. :P
technodup I'm not trolling. Yes you are. I'm not. You are.

You're doing the replying. Spastics.
Samination
quote:
I'm not trolling. Yes you are. I'm not. You are.

funny enough, so are you
carldj90
quote:
lol all you like. A year ago USH was a busy forum, now it's gone.

I've been visiting this site since late 04 or 05. I didn't sign up until 2010. I didn't start posting until last month. What you said about your 12 post is ridiculous.
Also the statement I quoted from you is ridiculous. I'm on my knees in front of Hardbeats and not no hixxy or gam gam. But that's because its the music I actually like.

What's wrong with Fracus? He has quality tunes and made sure I got my HU5 shipped to North America with a very fair price.

I never liked USH personally unless I wanted a good laugh. I come here when I wanted to see a serious conversation with people who actually have opinions on the music I love.
Not a bunch of no-brain monkeys mocking the music or just saying complete idiotic things.

(Example of idiotic "things": No-brain monkeys)
djDMS Stop replying FFS. The man's a master!
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
I'm not trolling. Yes you are. I'm not. You are.

funny enough, so are you

what a
Archefluxx
quote:

A refugee camp.
District 9.
silver Every site has its own vibe and users, also depends on the mod policy, I was surprised to see ush.net go, it was the longest running hardcore site out there and I talked Paul from the site a few times. I don't know the reasons why it shutdown, I'm guessing real life and work made it hard to run the site. I run a few sites (for work) and every single site in the world is essentially losing traffic to facebook and twitter, might be another factor.

Ush users are welcome here they dont need to be locked down or anything, just follow the rules the main one being no personal attacks on people and no hate speech.

If you don't like hardcore or don't like this site you don't need to post.
Dante
DarrenJ This is how I see alot of MSN convos :(

Ush User: Dude USH got shut down
Famous DJ: Oh noez
Ush User: I wont be able to brag about the promos u gave me
Ush User: No more promos, unless facebook people care
Famous DJ: K :( Atleast buy 1?
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Every site has its own vibe and users, also depends on the mod policy, I was surprised to see ush.net go, it was the longest running hardcore site out there and I talked Paul from the site a few times. I don't know the reasons why it shutdown, I'm guessing real life and work made it hard to run the site. I run a few sites (for work) and every single site in the world is essentially losing traffic to facebook and twitter, might be another factor.

Ush users are welcome here they dont need to be locked down or anything, just follow the rules the main one being no personal attacks on people and no hate speech.

If you don't like hardcore or don't like this site you don't need to post.

I knew I was going wrong somewhere
dj_deano
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
This is how I see alot of MSN convos :(

What does this post mean? Are you 12?
Samination when did USHer's ever get mote promoes than anyone? :)
DarrenJ
quote:
Originally posted by dj_deano:
quote:

Yes im 12
Archefluxx
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes im 12

LOL You signed up to the forums when you were 4. Deano hasnt thought it through.
Dante What's hardcore?
wong rubble
tru bass
quote:
quote:

I'm 12 years old and what is this?
Wilky
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes im 12

male or female? are u a virgin? I think I love you ;)
LoveThaCore I think this is a good thing. Will be good to have all the hardcore fans in the one place HAPPYHARDCORE.COM
This sites membership could double in the next 6 months lol. Showing on dance genres hardcore is a force to be reckoned. And sticking two fingures up to magazines like dj which make out we don't exist!!
Archefluxx
quote:
Originally posted by LoveThaCore:
I think this is a good thing. Will be good to have all the hardcore fans in the one place HAPPYHARDCORE.COM
This sites membership could double in the next 6 months lol. Showing on dance genres hardcore is a force to be reckoned. And sticking two fingures up to magazines like dj which make out we don't exist!!

There are 30k members so far, I dont think theres another 30k in the scene, let alone migrating from USH
Wilky
quote:
quote:
I think this is a good thing. Will be good to have all the hardcore fans in the one place HAPPYHARDCORE.COM

There are 30k members so far, I dont think theres another 30k in the scene, let alone migrating from USH

Ush had about 30k too
Archefluxx
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ush had about 30k too

Yes, though they arent all migrating. The site probably had 50 regulars and maybe a couple hundred occassional posters/lurkers. Not so disimilar to this site
Captain Triceps I'd kill to have USH back. It wasn't totally full of tossers like people think.

Oh, I hope no one minds me joining in here, I'm new and I needed somewhere to go!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I'd kill to have USH back. It wasn't totally full of tossers like people think.

Oh, I hope no one minds me joining in here, I'm new and I needed somewhere to go!

nah most of us won't mind. was that your sn at ush?
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
I'd kill to have USH back. It wasn't totally full of tossers like people think.

nah most of us won't mind. was that your sn at ush?

What does 'sn' mean? If it's my user name then yeah it was!
djDMS Welcome mate. Good to have you around
Captain Triceps Cheers kidder!
Hard2Get Yo Captain Triceps. One of your recent posts on ush still continues to amuse me: 'Shit off you rubbish bastard'. Pure brilliance LOL.
Captain Triceps Ha, nice one! Don't remember what I said that for or who to, but if it still amuses someone, happy days ;)
latininxtc
quote:
Ha, nice one! Don't remember what I said that for or who to, but if it still amuses someone, happy days ;)

I remember a few post of yours you were one of the not-so-insane ones there lol but welcome
Triquatra
quote:
Yo Captain Triceps. One of your recent posts on ush still continues to amuse me: 'Shit off you rubbish bastard'. Pure brilliance LOL.

haha! thats awesome :D
_Jay_
quote:
Yo Captain Triceps. One of your recent posts on ush still continues to amuse me: 'Shit off you rubbish bastard'. Pure brilliance LOL.

LOL. I like the sound of that.
NekoShuffle
quote:

Hahahahaha
DJ Lawlzy RIP the art gallery page
jenks
quote:
Good thing? Bad thing?

A bit of both. There are a lot of elitist pricks on USH and flat out mongs, but there are a lot of very knowledgeable and insightful members too. Probably more of the former though unfortunately.
Craigavon raver Didn't really go on ush that much but went on it a few times and joined the forums in 2009 but only made about 30 posts or so, but don't really want to see hardcore sites closing down as there doesn't seem to be to many about
Lilley
quote:
quote:

Ush had about 30k too

Many of whom would have accounts on both and probably cant remember their user name for either.
Samination an expunge of the inactive accounts would reveal that barely 20k of them have been online for the past 4 years -.-
FingazMc I always saw USH as basically a typical internet forum. Hate, hate and more hate. Here there's always been a reasonable amount of discussion and debate. Although I have to admit they were amazing for ID'ing tunes so I hope some of those guys come over here...
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by FingazMc:
I always saw USH as basically a typical internet forum. Hate, hate and more hate. Here there's always been a reasonable amount of discussion and debate. Although I have to admit they were amazing for ID'ing tunes so I hope some of those guys come over here...

funny, i always thought there was more hate here than on USH, until recently that is
Janster Yeah, I definitely made a conscious decision to stop posting here and only post on USH because there was too much hate here. It's gotten a bit better... Still miss USH though.
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
I always saw USH as basically a typical internet forum. Hate, hate and more hate. Here there's always been a reasonable amount of discussion and debate. Although I have to admit they were amazing for ID'ing tunes so I hope some of those guys come over here...

funny, i always thought there was more hate here than on USH, until recently that is

I don't see any hate here, lol.
Archefluxx
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't see any hate here, lol.

Samination you generally don't see a shit :P
and don't reply Arche, you're a part of it :P
Archefluxx
quote:
you generally don't see a shit :P

Im not a hater, Im an opinionist.
Naughty Dog USH was great for banter and venting frustrations/winding people up... some people really took the bait and fueled people so easily
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
you generally don't see a shit :P

Im not a hater, Im an opinionist.

This is the guy. He gets it.
Archefluxx Continued from the last thread,

The place did become just somewhere to piss people off. Serious discussion was diluted by pointless posts.

Some ongoing threads were good though. The Raver Baby watch thread was a good concept. Looking at particular activity in areas could stimulate discussion here I reckon.
ponder The thing with USH is that people will always remember what it became, rather than what it used to be. Up until around 2005 it was the greatest Hardcore forum around, bar none, and those days will never be re-created by any other forum. I mean, how many websites can generate meet-ups at raves of 100+ people? Actual people at actual raves, not keyboard warriors behind their computers slagging everything off.

As a DJ, producer and promoter, it was integral to launching my career (along with a bit of 'right place, right time... with records' at Raindance, admittedly). As a site and forum it gave me a platform and a fanbase, not to mention that Elation wouldn't have existed without it (we all met through USH).

It tailed off in the last few years for a number of reasons;
The perception that it was a forum full of haters, perpetrated publicly by a certain well-known MC.
Lack of new blood on the forum, meaning that the ratio of people who like hardcore vs people who no longer like hardcore swung too far the wrong way.
Certain negative members shouting louder than the more reasoned members, giving the impression that it was a far worse forum than it actually was.
Fake accounts and trolls, and the lack of moderation of these.

Overall, it's probably best that it went when it did, while us original members still have fond memories of the halcyon days. For those of you that entered the 'scene' during the latter days of USH (from say, 2008 onwards), then I totally understand your feelings towards the site, but I can honestly say that from 1999-2005, it was the best Hardcore website of all time, and always will be. A place where I made loads of friends - some close, some who have drifted, have had some genuinely hilarious moments, and discovered a hell of a lot of amazing music.

In that respect, it'll never be rivalled.
Thumpa Agree wholeheartedly with Ponder, people who don't know what it was like before 2005/6 really missed out, the place was vibrant, bursting with energy and discussion and loads of amazing banter and blazing of absolute dickheads, mostly on my part! I miss the shits and giggles...

I think the site peaked around 2002-2004, they were magical times! Its a shame no other site has taken over or come close in terms of discussion, information, passion and ideas. Going to those Slammin, HH, Uproar events at the Sanctuary and literally meeting 100+ people in one night was great and I made some amazing lifelong friends through that site.

RIP Ush! :(
jenks I registered about the same time as I registered here, perhaps before. Seemed full of dickheads to me.
Kebab Head
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Agree wholeheartedly with Ponder, people who don't know what it was like before 2005/6 really missed out, the place was vibrant, bursting with energy and discussion and loads of amazing banter and blazing of absolute dickheads, mostly on my part! I miss the shits and giggles...

I think the site peaked around 2002-2004, they were magical times! Its a shame no other site has taken over or come close in terms of discussion, information, passion and ideas. Going to those Slammin, HH, Uproar events at the Sanctuary and literally meeting 100+ people in one night was great and I made some amazing lifelong friends through that site.

I first joined in 2003 from about 2005 people just got board... A forum can only go do far really so it was only a matter of time

I can't see this out dated forum actually lasting another few years tbh
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
quote:
Agree wholeheartedly with Ponder, people who don't know what it was like before 2005/6 really missed out, the place was vibrant, bursting with energy and discussion and loads of amazing banter and blazing of absolute dickheads, mostly on my part! I miss the shits and giggles...

I first joined in 2003 from about 2005 people just got board... A forum can only go do far really so it was only a matter of time

Well that would be because it's not facebook.
Kebab Head
quote:
quote:
quote:

Even Facebook is out dated... The severs are sooooo slow, the site does things that you'd expect from an amateur site not something that's worth billions
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Even Facebook is out dated... The severs are sooooo slow, the site does things that you'd expect from an amateur site not something that's worth billions

People don't visit forums because they are 'up to date'. Nobody cares.
Kebab Head
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

People don't visit forums because they are 'up to date'. Nobody cares.

He says posting on a forum
Triquatra hmm I think what Matt was saying is that people don't post on forums BECAUSE the forum software is up to date.. and that people don't care about how up to date the forums are they'll post either way

and he's right :P
Hard2Get
quote:
hmm I think what Matt was saying is that people don't post on forums BECAUSE the forum software is up to date.. and that people don't care about how up to date the forums are they'll post either way

and he's right :P

That is indeed what i was saying.
Dante I dunno, I would like to post status updates detailing my every action, here on HHC.

"oh em gee, going to Steakhouse, gonna be TOTALLY AMAZING"
"oh em gee, came home from Steakhouse, was TOTALLY AMAZING"
"oh em gee, going to bed, gonna be TOTALLY AMAZING"
Dante "oh em gee, went to the bathroom, only needed to wipe twice. TOTALLY AMAZING"
Hard2Get Totes amaze!
Tastetherainobw
quote:
You know what that means...how long is it before we're flooded by USH's members. Good thing? Bad thing? If this place gets as bad as USH I'm out of here. No disrespects to anyone, we have our controversial opinions but I don't think we held a candle to USH for winding up producers and DJs. I'd like to think we're sensible and troll-free enough for DJs and Producers to look at for feedback and constructive criticism as opposed to just "THE NEW STUFF SUCKS" or whatever.

This is why i like HHC for critisism instead of any other EDM site. This includes Lolli.org which is the site for local EDM related stuff in Pittsburgh (Where I'm from).
DJIntensity I always remember signing up to this site in March 2009 one year before I signed up here was a great site where I found the DJ Impact 2008 mix.
Ikstra It's back: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2257903492/
Samination Well, the waffle bit is back
DJIntensity 10 years ago it was all amazing.
Captain Triceps If you were an USH user back in the day, get involved on that Facebook page.
DJIntensity To join that group on FB you have to answer a few questions then you will get excepted.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
To join that group on FB you have to answer a few questions then you will get excepted.

Correct.
djDMS I must have got booted out when I had some time away from Facebook.

In no rush to try and rejoin.
Guest facebook is shit, i have'nt had an account for 8 years, and USH was full of cry babies

google+ is alot more gangsta
DJIntensity FB is history one thing is for sure I wouldn?t join any group there to discuss Hardcore that?s for here only.
Captain Triceps
quote:
FB is history one thing is for sure I wouldn?t join any group there to discuss Hardcore that?s for here only.

Yeah, the daily hardcore discussions on here are hard to keep up with sometimes, I have to put a few hours a day aside just to catch up.
You're right though, Facebook isn't always the best place for music discussions. I would love for forums to make a proper comeback.
DJIntensity 2008 and 2009 those years when forums were booming high the website Iamaraver.com.au DJ Impact Infexious Audio where he left a remix for everyone wish those days were here today.
Captain Triceps I'd kill for the days when Raverbaby promos were being played for the first time and no-one knew what they were, 2000/2001 time, the excitement and buzz about the hardcore scene was incredible, we'll never see that again, I don't think.
Obviously we can't find the USH posts but I imagine there will be some from this site in the archives.
djDMS I regret not being on the internet back then almost as much as I regret not being able to go to raves.
Bring Me Round To Love Ush meet up by the burger van, and a punch in the back of the head from the the crackhead in the vest.

Hixxy loved the site so did Gammer, what ever happen to HP and Ponder.

Birkenhead crew in shitty Reebok Workouts and Lacoste Trackies doing uphill skiing to Brisk and Scott Brown.
DJIntensity Hardbeatstore which got turned into hardbeatsdownload along with USH and also some dodgy idiot purchasing IMO Records a lot sure has happened.
DJIntensity Still have to say happyhardcore.com is better than USH.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Still have to say happyhardcore.com is better than USH.

The only thing it has over USH is that it is still here. Everything about USH was better.
No disrespect intended or anything, I still come here every day - but it's not better.
DJIntensity
quote:
quote:

The only thing it has over USH is that it is still here. Everything about USH was better.
No disrespect intended or anything, I still come here every day - but it's not better.

You?re right USH had a edge over here but this site is what it is thanks to Silver and the mods.
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:

You?re right USH had a edge over here but this site is what it is thanks to Silver and the mods.

Yeah every credit to them for keeping the place going. What it really needs is more users. There are enough listeners of all the different styles of hardcore that this place could be a thriving community, sadly they'd rather use Facebook and Twitter now.
DJIntensity Facebook and Twitter I know what I would have none of them two I can?t wait close my account.
Samination IF anyone thought that FB never spied on anyone should be shot :P
Captain Triceps
quote:
IF anyone thought that FB never spied on anyone should be shot :P

What the hell has that got to do with anything?!
DJIntensity
quote:
quote:
IF anyone thought that FB never spied on anyone should be shot :P

What the hell has that got to do with anything?!

Exactly my thoughts too.
Samination
quote:
Facebook and Twitter I know what I would have none of them two I can?t wait close my account.

Then what the F was this about then?
How do you want me NOT to miss read that, considering a lot of people are closing their FB accounts...
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
Facebook and Twitter I know what I would have none of them two I can?t wait close my account.

Then what the F was this about then?
How do you want me NOT to miss read that, considering a lot of people are closing their FB accounts...

But how did you infer that he wanted to close his account because he is being spied on?
And what exactly does "spied on" mean? Monitoring my searches and interests and directing adverts and suggestions to me? Or something more sinister?
Christ, what is the FBI or whoever going to do with my weekly pub-quiz update or occasional picture of me in a funny hat?
DJIntensity *deleted post*

It took 9.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page