Radio listeners 173+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Leads

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Repulsion I have just got in to the production side and struggling with creating melody's. Can't seem the hang of it using vengeance samples. I know folk use Nexus but unsure where to get it.

Any1 help with this?
Shades don't think you need to use vengeance & nexus because everyone else does

vengeance samples are great, yes.

& so is nexus

but there are many many other great sample packs & vst's out there
Repulsion What VST would you suggest to get?
Quicksilver My absolute favourite is Sylenth1.
D-tor
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
My absolute favourite is Sylenth1.

I second this.
v-act
quote:
Originally posted by Repulsion:
What VST would you suggest to get?

I use 3xosc, and Magical8bitplugin for chip stuff.
Repulsion
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
My absolute favourite is Sylenth1.

Thanks mate. Any idea the best place to get a hold of this?
Shades http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/sylenth1/

well worth the cash, as is zeta 2 & korg's M1
Hard2Get Nexus is sample based so very limiting. Best soft synths I've used are Albino 3 and V-Station.
scottyd2k9 toxic boihazard an sylenth1 are my favs
DJ_FunDaBounce Just recently updated my Z3ta to version 2 and highly recommend it. The update they did on it is amazing, and still retains much of the original's classic sound.

check it out...

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Z3TA/
Dys7 The most widely used are:
*Sylenth1
*V-Station
*Zebra2
*Z3ta+
*Nexus
*Massive
Use VSTs for leads, try to stay away from using samples.
scottyd2k9 also dont use nexus, if you just use nexus an nothing else you will never learn, you need to get your head around one vst at a time, i would go for sylenth 1 first, learn how to use it proper.
Download presets an learn how there made an recreate your own or download presets for various vst's an recreate them in sylenth 1.
Phobz I find myself liking styrus more and more each time I use it.
happyraver89 I suggest V-station as a first synth. It has got a really good interface to understand the basics. Multiple waveforms, a LP filter and unison detune for creating supersaw or some phattttt stuff =))

You can also use sylenth1, it's a really cool synth i use it a lot aswell. Nice interface, routing capabilites and built in effects stc.

I don't really suggest zebra or massive as starter synth, because you have to understand basics first .. I don't think that massive's user interface is that user friendly .. but clearly more friendly than FM8's :D ..

Also you can watch tutorials @ youtube to understand the basics, or get a really great idea to improve your music making skills ;)

I use sylenth1 and massive in most of my musix, sometimes v-station. If you got any question just ask :)!
Essi ES2 ;)
Ranzor I highly recommend Synth1, which is a FREE virtual analog synth: http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/#down.

Even though the UI might be a bit ugly, you can still get some very phatt sounds.
Archefluxx I use Nexus purely for it's piano samples and for layering on leads. Im absolutely opposed to using it too much or depending on it. It frustrated me when I saw that Sy & Unknown effectively did a Nexus tutorial Future Music Magazine.

Use synths. Even with presets you learn so much more. Sylenth1, Z3ta+, Zebra, Vstation, even the free Fruity ones are worth a look at. Get nexus, but just use it to layer - Layer to get more depth in your track. Nothing more boring than single layer leads and singler layer raw basslines imo
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Ranzor:
I highly recommend Synth1, which is a FREE virtual analog synth: http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/#down.

Even though the UI might be a bit ugly, you can still get some very phatt sounds.

Yeah great synth. I originally got it because it was suggested by Jon Doe in a thread on ush in like 2003.

It took 1.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page