Total online 1639
 Radio listeners 182+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 I think I found the greatest tune of all time!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Smoogie Im mean come on, lets face it, this has to be one of the greatest tunes I have ever heard! A nice bassdrum, this my freinds, this IS Hardcore. Forget about all that Clubland/Raverbaby bollox, trust me, after you finished hearing this tune you won't ewant to go back to basslines!

Thanks to catjam for this!

95_was_the_time it's good but i like this better
Smoogie Welcome back to the forums!

I would also say that the DJ Weirdo & DJ Sim remix of Burning Love had to be one of the best of all time!

I just ordered loads of old skool vinyls of this Dutch geezer over at discogs so will be adding more to my collection! [:P]
Vladel they are both awful
95_was_the_time
8D Oh no.....
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
they are both awful

Like it or not, it's Hardcore!
95_was_the_time
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:
Oh no.....

hater
Contraposition Smoogie, it's fine and all if you like older hardcore, but if you're completely rejecting newer hardcore (which seems to be the case) you're really missing out on a lot; you should open your ears at least. Why do you think it's all, well, commercial garbage? A lot of what has been apparently defined as "commercial" hardcore is rather good... or at least, has had actual effort go into it.

Cheers.
latininxtc to be completely honest i actually like all those tracks posted by the most obnoxious duo on this site, with the exception of hakkuh flippuh

still doesn't beat out eyeopener imo
Meathead Ya haven't. Sorry, i like my music to contain music. I don't gauge a tracks quality by it's kick drum
redwingz hahahaha theres two of them. Legends!

I knew you two would get on ;)
JayHH86
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Im mean come on, lets face it, this has to be one of the greatest tunes I have ever heard! A nice bassdrum, this my freinds, this IS Hardcore. Forget about all that Clubland/Raverbaby bollox, trust me, after you finished hearing this tune you won't ewant to go back to basslines!

Thanks to catjam for this!

Smoogie. Do you ever see anyone else introducing a song they like with an accompanying slagging-off of a type of hardcore they don't like? No. So don't do it. It's massively unnecessary, not to mention antagonistic.

Also, do you believe that there are only two categories of hardcore? The type you like, and then the 'Clubland/Raverbaby bollox'? Do you have any idea of the amount of exceptional hardcore that is being released on non-commercial labels at the moment? God you piss me off with your generic, dismissive comments.
95_was_the_time
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:with the exception of hakkuh flippuh

I was joking with that one. even people in Holland hate gabberpop
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
hahahaha theres two of them. Legends!

I knew you two would get on ;)

Hardcore fans come together at the end of the day.
CriticalMass
quote:

I would also say that the DJ Weirdo & DJ Sim remix of Burning Love had to be one of the best of all time!

Is it still one of your favourite tunes ... ?

Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by CriticalMass:
quote:

this version really is one of my favorite happy hardcore tracks ever. They really made it their own!
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Shadow:
quote:
quote:

this version really is one of my favorite happy hardcore tracks ever. They really made it their own!

Yeah amazing tune. One of a few really really well produced (taking all things into account) tracks.
latininxtc the only thing i got out of this post is seeing jay's patience wearing thin with smoogie lol

what a change from that to a free spirit ladyboy.
Smoogie
quote:
quote:

yes they are still favorites of mine... after 2 years...
Craigavon raver Love weirdo & sims remix of burning love aswwell, was actually listening to it yesterday on hixxy & recon mix on best of bonkers

That prophet remix was also banging
Future_Shock
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
the only thing i got out of this post is seeing jay's patience wearing thin with smoogie lol

what a change from that to a free spirit ladyboy.

it happpens to everyone eventually
Lilley Simply put, Listen Carefully is the best hardcore track that was ever conceived/produced.

Flowers of Intelligence is pretty decent too.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
Simply put, Listen Carefully is the best hardcore track that was ever conceived/produced.

Flowers of Intelligence is pretty decent too.

Hvn't heard that tune in a while but a good tune. It is 'different' to what most people where making at the time
Hard2Get If you can consider it Hardcore. I don't really. Even if it's meant to be.
Lilley which one, were two there?

The two are really quite unique. Flowers could be described as acid at hardcore pace, while listen carefully is hard trance to a hardcore kick and speed. Imo, that should have been the direction more artists took with hardcore, but sadly not to be.
Hard2Get I meant Listen Carefully, not heard the other one.
Lilley It certainly doesn't sound have the contemporary layout of a hardcore track. A 16 bar melody being the primary culprit. But aside from that it has all the salient aspects of a hardcore track as it was then. All the other tracks on the powerjam are definitely hardcore, and this has a 196 bpm tempo. I would call it hardcore.

Zenith has quite the repertoire, has stuff ranging all over the shop. I've had the second in my head for days at a time.

piumaki Flower of intelligence
ultraskool it's uncanny the way Smoogie 'drags' people into his topic using phrases like: I think i found the greatest track of all time! and then the next day he says> "old skool hardcore is better than Nu skool Clubland " LOL you 're a funny guy Smoogie!

It took 2.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page