Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 How long for you to finish a song?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Josephson_Junction Just a silly question :D It seems like it usually takes me a few weeks to finish a song and I don't know if that's too long or not!
The Dopeman it usually takes me a few months thats only because i'll start a track work on it for a few hours then leave it for a week or two i'm working on about 5-6 tracks right now i'll also take something i did in one track and try it out in another
Ranzor I usually spend a few weeks as well, but I can sometimes postpone projects to a few months.
Archefluxx If I dedicate my time to a track, I can get one done in 5 days with a couple of days extra tweaking the final master.

If I work on it on and off, tracks for me can take like 18 months. Heartbleed has been in production since October 2010...
Josephson_Junction Thank you for the input XD I'm glad I'm not alone!

And yes it can take me months to finish a song too!
Karthy I used to be able to finish a track within weeks, even days... right now though I'm taking much longer, not put anything out other than updated clips for several months now... Been struggling for ideas big time and been working on generally improving my production. Also depends on the genre of the track, the ones I'm working on atm aren't hardcore, so it's out of my comfort zone. But I bet if I had an idea for a UK Hardcore track I could finish it within a month.
Audio Warfare Depends on the track. Sometimes a day, sometimes 4 years. :P TBH if I have a full day say 08:00 - 22:00 I should get a full track down with only some mix tweaks to re-visit over the week. Normally I work on them in the week though so it takes longer, usually a week or two.
DJ John Jarvis It usually takes me several months to finish a track if I happen to finish it which rarely happens. I have loads of great ideas but beyond the synth programming and composition I totally lose interest and it becomes a bit of a chore. I also never settle on just working on one track and usually work on several at a time. On average I finish about two or three songs a year. Unfortunately I haven't managed to finish any tracks so far this year.
Triquatra compeletly depends on my mood, how much time I have dedicated to it, how inspired I am, how much effort I put in! anywhere from a weekend to about 7 years lol
Archefluxx Ionosphere have a few tracks from the early 00's I think they have yet to finish :D

When I started producing I was producing a track every month, basically. Its was a nice rate of production. These day's I find it a little harder to get into the flow of production. I tend to produce at my best when I'm suppose to be doing something else - ie Sleeping, Doing my job or doing University work.

University has almost stopped me producing in my tracks. If I'm not doing university related work, I'm drunk. Every time I sit down and try to focus, I have had my flat mates barging in demanding to play FIFA and Black Ops. I produced some tracks overnight, but I hate my body clock being out of sync.
cruelcore1 Just as guys say, it's completely relative. depending on the track and your motivation to work on it, it can take from few only days all the way to few months.
Backmasker I made Yellow Bile in under an hour whilst suffering from food poisoning. It got played on BBC Essex within two weeks. Proud proud moment.

I don't master my tracks however. I pay other people to do that.

Other tracks have taken up to six months of tweaking and fiddling and no one has been in the least bit interested in them.
Archefluxx
quote:
Originally posted by Backmasker:
I made Yellow Bile in under an hour whilst suffering from food poisoning. It got played on BBC Essex within two weeks. Proud proud moment.

I don't master my tracks however. I pay other people to do that.

Other tracks have taken up to six months of tweaking and fiddling and no one has been in the least bit interested in them.

Was that the Introducing thing on BBC Essex? Considered sending them material too. A friend in Colne Engaine sent some Dubstep he'd made and it got played out. He got good fast :|
Backmasker
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:

Was that the Introducing thing on BBC Essex?

Yes. Which is fantastic as it's on just after the sport at 7PM. Never thought I'd hear breakbeat hardcore played on BBC Essex let alone it be one of my tunes.
Underloop I started a remix of Shooting Star back in...mmmmm...... 2006 maybe. I've still not finished it!
Archefluxx
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
I started a remix of Shooting Star back in...mmmmm...... 2006 maybe. I've still not finished it!

Long time no see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Underloop
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
I started a remix of Shooting Star back in...mmmmm...... 2006 maybe. I've still not finished it!

Long time no see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hide in the corners and jump out when people least expect it!
Ionosphere
quote:
Ionosphere have a few tracks from the early 00's I think they have yet to finish :D

....haha, they're the more recent ones.

We're still trying to finish a track we started in 1996 ffs, let alone the unfinished stuff from 1992/93.
Charger It'll take a few weeks for me to finish a track too as the mixdown can sound good today, but listen to it 1 week later and will instead find that it sounds shit xD
Josephson_Junction
quote:
Originally posted by Charger:
It'll take a few weeks for me to finish a track too as the mixdown can sound good today, but listen to it 1 week later and will instead find that it sounds shit xD

XD I get that all the time because I switch between my monitors and headphones a lot.
scottyd2k9 I bet every single person on here gets a good few hours in on sunday, most boring day to be honest..
Archefluxx
quote:
Originally posted by scottyd2k9:
I bet every single person on here gets a good few hours in on sunday, most boring day to be honest..

Nahhh, man I hate producing on Sundays! I'm either hungover or so lazy I cba to get into the flow of it. :)

It took 1.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page