Radio listeners 153+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Gammer loves to start shit...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Bonkers4Life Don't know if you saw this on his fan page, but he sure loves to trash other people when they aren't on his side...

EDIT: lemme get that image back up ina sec its kninda small

Actually you know what, no pic.

But in a nut shell, he was trashing this site. IF you wish to see the post go to his fan page
Samination he's probably still pissed off on archefluxx and nekoshuffle for speaking their minds.
The Dopeman gammer is a knob...never liked any of his stuff lol
Samination well he does do good freeform... when he does not act like a knob
Lorenzo.Tweakn the ignorance of people's view on this website honestly makes me laugh, i go to a private christian university; so i've learned to literally laugh at most ignorance.

there's like a couple people who are like what Gammer said, out of the like 40 who are regulars?

people are going to have a close minded view of this website no matter what because to them it's just like ush in the sense it only gets brought up when there's negativity.
Shades
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
gammer is a knob...never liked any of his stuff lol

you dont like stomp??? i would've thought that was your thing....???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q94Nce4pDo
The Dopeman
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
quote:
gammer is a knob...never liked any of his stuff lol

you dont like stomp??? i would've thought that was your thing....???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q94Nce4pDo

1st time i've heard it...so not all his stuff is bad but then again i aint realy been listening to much of the "big names" tracks for around 3-4 years now just the odd track here and there...i really should start listening to more
MaidenV You would have to be, for lack of a better term, a complete pansy to think that this site is some sort of shark tank of caustic criticism and anger.

Gammer was cooler before he took on this "Bitch, I'm Kanye West #YOLO #SWAG" persona really.
Archefluxx Lorenzo, stop talking bollocks. You really have no idea of the complete bollocks you talk.

Me and Gammer are tight. Nekoshuffle is a moron.

Gammer's obviously done some reading on past threads.
Elliott "tight" hahaha

Original post for anyone who doesn't wanna go find it for themselves (i.e. everyone):
quote:
Gammer aka Matt Lee - Official Page 19 hours ago
Happyhardcore.com is all like

"People who like this remix know NOTHING about REAL hardcore"

Meanwhilst, these "people" are too busy enjoying music to care

Nothing we'll be needing the burn spray for.

Hardcore producers seem to have a chronic phobia of negative feedback in any form. It's a bit pathetic and if you can show me one person whose opinion of a tune genuinely changed because of something someone said on a forum, I'll show you someone even more pathetic. Let the "It's shit." crew have their cynical "fun" (is it fun?), it's not hurting anyone.

Gotta say, it seems like Gammer's underground music success has well and truly gone to his head now and made him into a complete tool. Although I reckon that started a long time ago.
Lorenzo.Tweakn love you too olly ;)
Josephson_Junction
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Lorenzo, stop talking bollocks. You really have no idea of the complete bollocks you talk.

I think all he meant was that there are only a few people on here who think like that, while what Gammer said implied that our entire userbase is like that ("Happyhardcore.com is all like").

quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Hardcore producers seem to have a chronic phobia of negative feedback in any form.

I imagine there can be a bit of an internalized backlash when the feedback received is negative and nonconstructive. Although if you're saying that there are some that dislike negative feedback entirely, you're right (not saying Gammer falls into that category; I can't say if he does or not).

Edit: Just to clarify, by "negative feedback" I mean "feedback that points out possible problems."
Dante
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo.Tweakn:
i go to a private christian university; so i've learned to literally laugh at most ignorance.

Could you elaborate on this?

Are you a christian laughing at the ignorance of atheists? If you are an atheist laughing at the ignorance of christians, why do you go to a christian private university?

Please note that I'm not attacking you, I'm just confused about what you were trying to convey.

quote:
gammer is a knob

Maybe you should check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

By that, I mean: Look at your own posts before you starting throwing names, because you come off as a closed minded, arrogant cunt most of the time. Maybe Gammer is in fact worse than you (I wouldn't know, I don't know him or follow his postings, nor do I particularly care to), but the lesser of two evils is still evil.
The Dopeman i like being a closed minded arrogant ****
wong i love u dopey
The Dopeman
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
i love u dopey

Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
quote:
Lorenzo, stop talking bollocks. You really have no idea of the complete bollocks you talk.

I think all he meant was that there are only a few people on here who think like that, while what Gammer said implied that our entire userbase is like that ("Happyhardcore.com is all like").

quote:
Hardcore producers seem to have a chronic phobia of negative feedback in any form.

I imagine there can be a bit of an internalized backlash when the feedback received is negative and nonconstructive. Although if you're saying that there are some that dislike negative feedback entirely, you're right (not saying Gammer falls into that category; I can't say if he does or not).

Edit: Just to clarify, by "negative feedback" I mean "feedback that points out possible problems."

I agree principally but there's usually a lot more people expanding on why they don't like a track than there are just saying "it's shit" so I'm shocked by how insecure some of these producers are that they feel the need to pick a fight with that minority (arguably also the worst group of people to pick a fight with on the internet, by the by). Either that or they interpret all negative comments as blanket "haterism" and respond accordingly.

I suppose that's just the thing about incestuous scenes where everyone wants something from/has something wanted by everyone else, the guys at the top adjust to a fluffier existence largely free of criticism and, over time, come to expect it.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
i love u dopey

Does your name come from the NWA tune Dopeman? Love that track.
The Dopeman
quote:
quote:
quote:
i love u dopey

Does your name come from the NWA tune Dopeman? Love that track.

i dunno i can't remember how i got the name "dopey" i think it has something to do with snow white (i used to watch it all the time when i first started smoking grass) i got the name "The Dopeman" after having a major night of gettin wasted with a few mates and pretty much smoked them under the table lol
Lorenzo.Tweakn
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
quote:
i go to a private christian university; so i've learned to literally laugh at most ignorance.

Could you elaborate on this?

Are you a christian laughing at the ignorance of atheists? If you are an atheist laughing at the ignorance of christians, why do you go to a christian private university?

Please note that I'm not attacking you, I'm just confused about what you were trying to convey.

i'm a christian humanist(i'm open to other beliefs, views on life, etc), christians are all different; some are alot less strict than others. i laugh at the ways their "old fashion" & "strict" views on life. a few of the students are very sheltered and never have delt with an a person like me(asperger's,metrosexual, kandi kid, etc) so i laugh at how certain people treat me like i'm some freak because i'm different. it's easier just to find the humor instead of get angry.
Warnman I love to notice how the young crowd pushes the old farts over the cliff...

That's a true evidence of a scene shaking off unnecessary ballast and trying to inflame.
Hardcore owns the future!
MaidenV But Brisk can stay because he still rules
Shades wtf is a metrosexual? do you shag french trains?

just kidding dude
Josephson_Junction
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I love to notice how the young crowd pushes the old farts over the cliff...

That's a true evidence of a scene shaking off unnecessary ballast and trying to inflame.

What bothers me is that Gammer still has some creativity in him. How much of it is he utilizing? I don't know, but it's still apparent in his tunes.

quote:
wtf is a metrosexual? do you shag french trains?

At least he doesn't shag Swiss trains, because then he would have to deal with FART.
Shades
quote:
quote:
wtf is a metrosexual? do you shag french trains?

At least he doesn't shag Swiss trains, because then he would have to deal with FART.

surely, that would depend on which tunnel he entered
Elliott The trouble with topics like this is that you can expect a lot of people to suddenly alter their opinions or take a far more conservative viewpoint. Most hardcore producers and DJs aren't gonna get vocal about someone who has strong and direct influence over their ability to progress any further in the seeeeen.

That's not meant at anyone, it was just a general comment. And even anyone it applies to, I understand their perspective, not asking the collective to commit mass scenicide for the sake of it.

Sure would be sweet to have a Soundcloud feature that separates genuine comments from those written to fulfill a mandatory quota of sucking dick though.
Warnman
quote:
quote:

What bothers me is that Gammer still has some creativity in him. How much of it is he utilizing? I don't know, but it's still apparent in his tunes.

Kindly try to persuade him to do show his creavity more frequently and not only in one of 50 tracks like others seem to tried to tell him and receive the blame. I understood that this is the only reason why this thread was started: old rotting farts still thinking they smell like roses (and Gammer is not the only one! Other producers better should fasten their seat belts as well).
Josephson_Junction
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kindly try to persuade him to do show his creavity more frequently and not only in one of 50 tracks like others seem to tried to tell him and receive the blame. I understood that this is the only reason why this thread was started: old rotting farts still thinking they smell like roses (and Gammer is not the only one! Other producers better should fasten their seat belts as well).

I guess the impression Ambient Angels left on me was greater than I initially thought.
Hard2Get Regardless of what he said (I have no idea what it was), he is allowed to have an opinion and it's as simple as that really. Who cares what he thinks of this site? It's understandable anyway given the personal nature of the last comment i read about him.

quote:

Do you mean Gammer? Gammer isn't old and he's not been in the scene that long compared to the most of the big names.

Edit: I just saw what he said from the first page. I can't believe anyone actually cares about that. It's not even offensive.
quote:
Hardcore producers seem to have a chronic phobia of negative feedback in any form

Maybe. He is allowed to have an opinion too though isn't he. Especially if someone is rude about his music (rudeness and criticism are different things)? I agree some people really can't handle criticism but i don't think what he said is a reflection of that.
quote:
Gotta say, it seems like Gammer's underground music success has well and truly gone to his head now and made him into a complete tool. Although I reckon that started a long time ago.

I think it's impossible to say unless you've spoken to him for long enough face to face. He may even have a different attitude to what he had before but he's dealing with scene all the time and criticism all the time and i guess after a while you just stop giving a shit what people think anymore. I think people are forgetting that he is human like everyone else.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Regardless of what he said (I have no idea what it was), he is allowed to have an opinion and it's as simple as that really. Who cares what he thinks of this site? It's understandable anyway given the personal nature of the last comment i read about him.

quote:

Do you mean Gammer? Gammer isn't old and he's not been in the scene that long compared to the most of the big names.

Edit: I just saw what he said from the first page. I can't believe anyone actually cares about that. It's not even offensive.
quote:
Hardcore producers seem to have a chronic phobia of negative feedback in any form

Maybe. He is allowed to have an opinion too though isn't he. Especially if someone is rude about his music (rudeness and criticism are different things)? I agree some people really can't handle criticism but i don't think what he said is a reflection of that.
quote:

I think it's impossible to say unless you've spoken to him for long enough face to face. He may even have a different attitude to what he had before but he's dealing with scene all the time and criticism all the time and i guess after a while you just stop giving a shit what people think anymore. I think people are forgetting that he is human like everyone else.

I agree in theory. The way I see it, though, we don't live in a world where the blows are always cushioned so I think it's the responsibility of any kind of artist releasing their work to the public to develop a thick, non-reactive skin (and he's had more than enough time to do it in). In an ideal world, yeah, we'd all be removing the need for it by making our criticism just the right balance of honest and respectful but as it stands, he can only change one person: himself.

Besides, I think people do have a certain "right" (loose sense of the word) to criticise, even in an extremely harsh way, any artform by anyone who makes a living from attempting to sell that artform to us. Not really sure why I'm defending the "fuck everything" brigade tbh, cos I'm pretty sure they don't have or want a good reason for doing it. It just seemed like the marginally more interesting side of the debate to fall on.

My comments about Gammer specifically definitely weren't based on this, it was just a gun-to-my-head assessment of him as a person based on weighing up my limited knowledge. Stuff like the things he posts on his Facebook page, hearing interviews etc., can't really stand behind that appraisal though!
Hard2Get Everyone has a right to say what they want yeah, but so does Gammer. Given how mild the comment was.
latininxtc Should've known that someone would eventually start a topic over this nonsense.

Clearly he's making a sweeping generalization about the average opinion on what we all think, which is totally not true. I think there's a majority of people on here who keep up with current hardcore trends and don't have a huge problem with the direction that hardcore is going towards now.

However, there are those few that do make the same negative comments over and over again. And because of those same people we have 20 pages of discussing how they found the newest CXH album to be shit, and only 5 pages of how amazing the latest HU album is. Seriously the most negative people on here are also the most vocal. It's like they think this site is here to blow of their steam on how much they hate the current direction of hardcore, which is clearly not the intended reason of this site.

What also makes me sick is that most of these same people making their repetitive statements have no real reason of disliking hardcore except for that it's not pre-2000 hardcore. They don't ever go out to any events, or do much of anything for that matter. And no Samination I'm not talking about you. You're in an area that is barren of a hardcore scene, and you've actually flown out to events (or maybe it was just that one).

And we are seriously overreacting on this. And this wasn't the first time people made a mountain out of a molehill over what Gammer has said. I've met the guy 3 times, and each time he was badass. I'm not talking specifically about his music, I'm talking about him in general. He's a friendly guy, loves what he's doing, and he's not afraid to take risks in his productions. So sure he's a bit upset that someone has some nonconstructive criticism over tracks that he's poured so much effort into. I bet the majority of you who have slagged him for his comments has never met the guy in person. The internet really isn't the place to get a good feeling on who a person is.
Samination I love it when people say "It's good" it's ok, but while saying "it stinks# it's not? Both are equaly non-describing what is actually good or bad with it... I still think Elliott nails it.

latin: I've been at 2 events in my entire life and both I walked out around the end, and not thrown out :P
jenks
quote:

Me and Gammer are tight.

Lulz.
Shades
quote:

quote:

he may be refering to http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=59126

end of the day opinions are opinions & not everyone here shares the same one.

quote:
the ignorance of people's view on this website honestly makes me laugh, i go to a private christian university; so i've learned to literally laugh at most ignorance.

there's like a couple people who are like what Gammer said, out of the like 40 who are regulars?

people are going to have a close minded view of this website no matter what because to them it's just like ush in the sense it only gets brought up when there's negativity.

I agree with tweaky, it's aimed at a couple of ignorant people here, not the whole site.

rafferty I don't blame Gammer for getting frustrated at some people on this site. There is a major case of tall poppy syndrome with certain people who are against certain big names in the scene who don't play music to their liking.

It's like if you produce anything different to Cheesey Trance Vocal Candy Hardcore you should be kicked out of the scene and terrorized lol. Neko Shuffle cough cough:) Don't even mention Dubstep, Drum n Bass or Electro in Hardcore or you'll be burnt alive lol
deathproof627 Well at least gammer is not as much of a twat as breeze; also using the term hater when critiquing ones music which is common among these big producers and their mindless fans.
The Dopeman at the end of the day it's just words on a screen you either take to heart or you don't...everyone has a choice if people don't like the style that is being produced these days then they don't like it simple as that same goes for the people that do like it everyone is entitled to an opinion and they will voice there opinion if they wish to
deathproof627
quote:
at the end of the day it's just words on a screen you either take to heart or you don't...everyone has a choice if people don't like the style that is being produced these days then they don't like it simple as that same goes for the people that do like it everyone is entitled to an opinion and they will voice there opinion if they wish to

True, but it's absolutely ridiculous that there is so much drama and immaturity in such a small and pathetic scene that will most likely never be taken seriously. I enjoy listening to hardcore, maybe not the bigger name stuff anymore but it's interesting to see how such a select few have monopolized the majority of hardcore scene leaving little room for up and coming producers to gain grater recognition.
Elliott I should point out that I was just seizing the opportunity to talk about the top tier producers who do the public backlash against "haters" thing collectively. Gammer's comments were mild and he doesn't have a remarkable history of saying things like that so I'd generally like to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some producers, on the other hand, are just taking it way too far and coming off looking like spoilt children (which, ironically, hurts the scene they claim to be defending). They're not only directly stifling any kind of constructive criticism but they're also encouraging more impressionable fans to rise up and do the same: if you see someone slating our music, beat them down (I see people doing it all the time on Facebook).

So, yeah, I was really just hijacking a closely-linked thread to talk about it as a general trend. Although for the people who said they've met Gammer and he seems alright/cool/etc, fair play to you, I personally haven't, but it's not exactly like people go around with their thoughts, feelings, emotions, beliefs and whatever on display on their t-shirts and I don't see that as any more accurate of an insight than just analysing things he does elsewhere. It takes people years of knowing me to work out that I'm actually a complete dickhead, for example. And just to cover myself before someone else says it: SORRY I WAS LYING IT ACTUALLY TAKES 0.2 SECONDS
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I love it when people say "It's good" it's ok, but while saying "it stinks# it's not? Both are equaly non-describing what is actually good or bad with it... I still think Elliott nails it.

Oh yeah, this is very true as well. It annoys me when I absolutely hate a track and someone else loves it but can't explain to me why! I mean, it's not intolerance and I respect their right to arbitrary personal preferences as much as the next person but I'm usually very interested in the individual differences.

There does seem to be a special case that says "you can like stuff without justification but if you don't, you better have a damn good reason". I've started trying to be more descriptive in positive Soundcloud comments because of this, to make it more helpful.
Hard2Get
quote:
I personally haven't, but it's not exactly like people go around with their thoughts, feelings, emotions, beliefs and whatever on display on their t-shirts and I don't see that as any more accurate of an insight than just analysing things he does elsewhere. It takes people years of knowing me to work out that I'm actually a complete dickhead, for example.

Of course but the point is i think that it's more likely that his comment on the internet is just that; a comment on the internet and nothing more. If it was in a conversation with a group of people you wouldn't think anything of it.
Triquatra well, I think you've all done a splendid job in this thread at showing the internet how friendly you all are :P
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
well, I think you've all done a splendid job in this thread at showing the internet how friendly you all are :P

Do explain!
djDMS Hahahahahaha!

That is all i have to say on this topic - would hate the thought of offending anybody.
Hard2Get Yeah it's a bit silly really. Don't know how it's lasted this long.
DJ-Hutchy Gammer is god!!!
Triquatra
quote:
quote:
well, I think you've all done a splendid job in this thread at showing the internet how friendly you all are :P

Do explain!

shant! :P
Elliott Most of it hasn't exactly been on-topic though, has it :P
Josephson_Junction I don't get why we can't discuss the good stuff more, such as how incredible Ambient Angels is.

There was another recent good one he did that was rather happy and had some MCing in it. I wish I could remember what it was.
djDMS
quote:
I don't get why we can't discuss the good stuff more, such as how incredible Ambient Angels is.

Never works like that though does it?

I could write a list a mile long of things about Gammer i love and how amazing 95% of his tunes are, but some tool would still come along and say 'yeah, but what about the other 5% you hater'!

In cases like these, the negatives are always noticed a lot more than the positives.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
I don't get why we can't discuss the good stuff more, such as how incredible Ambient Angels is.

I could write a list a mile long of things about Gammer i love and how amazing 95% of his tunes are, but some tool would still come along and say 'yeah, but what about the other 5% you hater'!

In cases like these, the negatives are always noticed a lot more than the positives.

I would say it's because people hate noticing bad reviews. But then I started reading this thread because it wasnt started by Smoogie, Dopeman... or me :P
Josephson_Junction
quote:
quote:

Gotta accentuate the negative I suppose.
Thumpa http://soundcloud.com/rebuild_music/helix-fury-insane-asylum

that is all...
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
http://soundcloud.com/rebuild_music/helix-fury-insane-asylum

that is all...

Let me just say.

Insanely GOOD.

Like I said. Even twats can make good music ;)
The Dopeman
quote:

that is all...

that piano is sexual sends shivers down my spine :)
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

that is all...

You have a way with words.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

that is all...

you're taking that out of context!
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

that is all...

you're taking that out of context!

Not quite lol. Either way it wouldn't be any better :P
Lilley Right, where's me beer.
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:

Me and Gammer are tight.

Lulz.

I've lost my like button too.

quote:
Originally posted by MaidenV:
"Bitch, I'm Kanye West #YOLO #SWAG" persona really.

What the **** does this mean?

quote:
[b]Originally posted by latininxtc:[/b
]Seriously the most negative people on here are also the most vocal.

Disagree, the most negative people stop posting and become woodwork or disappear altogether.
Lilley
quote:

Queefs
Lilley
quote:

that is all...

During that middle bit thought it was going to go all trancecore, which would have been cool, doesn't need it though, sounds excellent anyway.
silver Nice promotion for the site, any press is good press :)

On the other side on the coin, don't believe everything you read on the internet (including this site) plus this site is over 14 years old, you have old farts that havn't been raving in 15 years on here and noobies that are 15 years old, take what you want from the site and work with it you have a mixed bag here.

NB: We love all gammer
silver Yes it is in all good fun and not to be taken seriously, but since he sent a bunch of traffic our way I returned the favor :)

http://www.facebook.com/Upfront.Hardcore/posts/10151119866936990
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Yes it is in all good fun and not to be taken seriously, but since he sent a bunch of traffic our way I returned the favor :)

http://www.facebook.com/Upfront.Hardcore/posts/10151119866936990

aww you edited it lol

Perhaps he was speaking about the facebook page? I don't recall any recent hatred towards a specific remix that he's talking about, at least not to the extent of making a post about it.
silver I think this is what happened to gammer, scroll down to "comments can be a good thing"

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/making_things

The internet loves gammer and so does this site, not sure what he is on about, perhaps gammer is a clever advanced internet troll that loves to wind everyone up for his own personal enjoyment :) Well it's working everyone is talking about it :)

Even if you are not into his music (ie you're a complete idiot) you can respect his music creation skills and production.
The Dopeman wow...my eyes are boggled reading all that lol

you have to take harsh comments at times like i said before it's only words on a screen and if theres a negative comment about your work then you can either get pissed about it....or you can choose to ignore it everyone has a choice sure some comments may be hurtful but they only hurt you if you let them everyone has the right to voice there opinion however good/bad it may be

at least thats the way i look at it others might have a different opinion to me
ponder As an artist, I've always taken the view that if you're willing to take the praise, you have to be prepared to accept criticism. It's part of being a writer, musician, actor, producer, singer - whatever. You're never going to appeal to everybody, so why waste time and energy on addressing those you clearly don't like, and never will like, what you do?

I've never understood this 'flame the haters' approach deployed by the so called 'top-tier' DJs in Hardcore. As someone pointed out earlier, it's as if they all have this deep seated aversion to criticism. Is it that damaging to one's ego that they feel the need to address it at every opportunity.

I can only speak from personal experience, but when I started making a name for myself back in 2000, it was an era of the discussion forum. It was before the Facebooks and Twitters of this world had taken over, and people would express their feelings and opinions on forums like this one, only back then, the likes of HHC and USH were massive, with thousands and thousands of registered users. What I learnt from that was to adopt a 'water off a ducks back' approach. Simply that you will always have your critics or 'haters' as idiots like to say. However, taking their comments personally will only ever be counter productive. Concentrate on what you do and what you enjoy, and appreciate the fans you do have and the support they give you.

Addressing a slightly wider point; discussion is essential. I get this worrying notion that many of the 'top-tier' would be happier if sites like this didn't exist - I mean, you saw that when USH went - they were loving it! Sites like this are crucial to the growth of any style of music, if we ever get to a situation where we're left with Twitter and Facebook fan-pages full of sycophants, then the music will never develop and move on, and will continue to shrink in to a ball as it has been for the past few years.
Lilley You just outed yourself as a hater.
Samination Funny how USH was a great site for information, that just ended with being a home of trolls. The USH "Reborn" forum is exacttly that. They where better of calling the new forum "Hardcore Haters" or "Trollcore"
Helblinde After these last two days I'm pretty sure I made the right choice in staying out of the UK Hardcore scene, people I used to look up to keep putting me down over and over and it's not really that welcoming.

The amount of people that have helped me on the J-core side of things has been fantastic, and most of the people I have known from that gang have grown to be excellent producers. I never liked drama and I'd like to stay out of it, but somehow I'm still pulled into it even if I've always been standing at the sideline and watched.
Samination and the j-core scene is without it's drama? don't make me laugh :P
Helblinde
quote:
and the j-core scene is without it's drama? don't make me laugh :P

Nothing that I've noticed, most people have been friendly since the start. Of course there's a few people that are elitist and such, but I haven't experienced that from the so called "top producers". Not to the same degree at least.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Helblinde:
quote:
and the j-core scene is without it's drama? don't make me laugh :P

Nothing that I've noticed, most people have been friendly since the start. Of course there's a few people that are elitist and such, but I haven't experienced that from the so called "top producers". Not to the same degree at least.

Well that could be because j-core hasn't come to the same stage as UK Hardcore scene has, take in consideration it's almost 20 years old in total
Robert Knolles Hey all, thought I'd chime in here if anyone cares for opinionated drivel from a newly registered user!

Personally, I'm embarrassed when I have to tell people my favourite genre of music is Hardcore. At best they might think I like Gabber, but at worst (and usually) they know enough to equate hardcore with Hixxy, Styles, HTID and "Save Me". Or at least in my mind those are the things that are synonymous with Happy Hardcore nowadays. To me, saying happy hardcore now implies cheese, commercial, crap. Sorry :/

Truth be told for the past few years I've been existing strictly on a diet of freeform and breakbeat hardcore. Even more so since the demise of USH I've really not had anywhere to download mixes and keep myself up to date, aside from the occasional foray onto soundcloud, or the quarterly binge on tracks off the CLSM store. Heck, I've even gone to a few deep house nights and loved them.

Anyway, I hope this is going somewhere, but recently the line up for the last HU event coaxed me out (since I'm down in London briefly) because I saw Ponder, Thumpa, CLSM, Gavin G, Entity and Sam B on it. This is the first time since 2009 I've been to a "hardcore" night (unless a couple of Fantasias in the DnB room count?) and it was great.

I suppose my point is that there is all this music which is "hardcore" and is great, but then there is also all this (in my opinion) gash that is also "hardcore". Just because I like some bits of hardcore doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy HTID or Hardcore Heaven. And just because I don't like UK Hardcore any more doesn't make me any less entitled to an opinion!

As long as everything is under the umbrella of hardcore then I think this is going to happen, when really it should be water under the bridge. Let Gammer have his fun, by lambasting the "haters" then really he is a "hater" himself. Basically saying that his view of hardcore is the only one worth anything.

/diatribe

by the way,
Samination, I hope I didn't scare the shit out of you at HU. Basically I made a post on the FB page saying I was going alone and you commented. So I recognised you and said hi, but completely neglected to tell you how I knew your name! Eurgh!

Also Ponder - sorry for asking you how Ponder's set was! It's what happens when you listen to the music but don't really go to the right raves :(
v-act
quote:

THAT is what you guys are fighting over?! Come on, I thought it was something really serious, judging from the number of PAGES on this thread.

I'm not the one to judge this since I rarely listen to hardcore nowadays, but please... I personally wouldn't care that much about that statement, and I'm almost surprised that you guys do.
Hard2Get Yeah it's a bit of a mystery.
Samination v-act do take in consideration this is only 6 pages so far :P

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Knolles:
by the way,
Samination, I hope I didn't scare the shit out of you at HU. Basically I made a post on the FB page saying I was going alone and you commented. So I recognised you and said hi, but completely neglected to tell you how I knew your name! Eurgh!

No Worries. I kinda expected someone to remember my name from FB :P

quote:
Also Ponder - sorry for asking you how Ponder's set was! It's what happens when you listen to the music but don't really go to the right raves :(

Did he have a good laugh atleast? :)
Josephson_Junction edit
djDMS Excellent first post Robert.
Hard2Get
quote:
Hey all, thought I'd chime in here if anyone cares for opinionated drivel from a newly registered user!

Personally, I'm embarrassed when I have to tell people my favourite genre of music is Hardcore. At best they might think I like Gabber, but at worst (and usually) they know enough to equate hardcore with Hixxy, Styles, HTID and "Save Me". Or at least in my mind those are the things that are synonymous with Happy Hardcore nowadays. To me, saying happy hardcore now implies cheese, commercial, crap. Sorry :/

Truth be told for the past few years I've been existing strictly on a diet of freeform and breakbeat hardcore. Even more so since the demise of USH I've really not had anywhere to download mixes and keep myself up to date, aside from the occasional foray onto soundcloud, or the quarterly binge on tracks off the CLSM store. Heck, I've even gone to a few deep house nights and loved them.

Anyway, I hope this is going somewhere, but recently the line up for the last HU event coaxed me out (since I'm down in London briefly) because I saw Ponder, Thumpa, CLSM, Gavin G, Entity and Sam B on it. This is the first time since 2009 I've been to a "hardcore" night (unless a couple of Fantasias in the DnB room count?) and it was great.

I suppose my point is that there is all this music which is "hardcore" and is great, but then there is also all this (in my opinion) gash that is also "hardcore". Just because I like some bits of hardcore doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy HTID or Hardcore Heaven. And just because I don't like UK Hardcore any more doesn't make me any less entitled to an opinion!

As long as everything is under the umbrella of hardcore then I think this is going to happen, when really it should be water under the bridge. Let Gammer have his fun, by lambasting the "haters" then really he is a "hater" himself. Basically saying that his view of hardcore is the only one worth anything.

/diatribe

by the way,

I approve of this post.
Triquatra
quote:

hehe thats awesome, were you freaked out jacek?

I approve his avatar! :D
Robert Knolles
quote:
Did he have a good laugh atleast? :)

I hope so! My humour doesn't work quite the same when I'm drunk :)

Cheers Triq, can't beat a bit of Morph!
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

I approve his avatar! :D

I agree.
ponder
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ponder:
I mean, you saw that when USH went - they were loving it!

I generally agree with everything else you said, but I imagine one of the main reasons they enjoyed USH dying was because that site had devolved into a pool of hateful, spiteful, nonconstructive, damaging primordial soup; nothing like its prime at all.

I could argue that it devolved that way thanks to a very public hate campaign from a certain well established MC. It's by the by now anyway, as it's gone. However, my point still stands - discussion is a GOOD thing, as is criticism. I work in a field where I regularly have to request honest feedback from my peers and management - and they will be honest and harsh. You know why? It's because it's what I need to hear to improve myself, the same applies to anything. Glossing over criticism as 'hate' is naive and egotistical. Glossing over trolling as hate is just stupid, lol.

Robert: Good to meet you at HU. Our conversation was confusing, but it was VERY loud in there ;)
Robert Knolles Glad to hear it.

This is getting confusing, I knew I shouldn't have chosen this forum name as I'm not actually called Robert. I shall have a think on this.
Hard2Get
quote:
Glad to hear it.

This is getting confusing, I knew I shouldn't have chosen this forum name as I'm not actually called Robert. I shall have a think on this.

What was the theory behind calling yourself Robert lol?
Robert Knolles Robert Knolles was an infamous English knight during the hundred years war and I've been reading about it a bit so kind of stuck in my head :)

I normally go by 3Form when I play games and stuff on the internet but I thought that'd be a bit cheesy considering what this website's about!

I lack imagination at times to be honest :(
Captain Triceps
quote:

I normally go by 3Form when I play games and stuff on the internet but I thought that'd be a bit cheesy considering what this website's about!

What about free4m? Or 3fourm? Or indeed... 34m?

Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

Omg, it just dawned on me why Gammer named a tune "34m". How late am I to the party?

Vladel Really i reckon Gammer started being such a prick when he became a dubstep producer and threatened to punch people.
MaidenV trigger warning: threats of violence
rafferty Admin should shut this thread, is just one big Trol. Hav'nt we got something better to talk about?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

Omg, it just dawned on me why Gammer named a tune "34m". How late am I to the party?

I can't lie, I didn't know until I typed it, bit of a "shit, yeah, I get it now" moment!
djDMS Yep, i also wondered why he'd written a track called 34 metres.
Triquatra I'd assumed it was to do with trouser waistlines
_Jay_
quote:
Robert Knolles was an infamous English knight during the hundred years war

Quality! Wish I'd thought of choosing a name on some kind of basis like that. :-(

quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

lol, I only got that a few months ago as well. Someone mentioned it on a podcast.
Robert Knolles Hahaha, I hadn't worked that out already yet either!

Well Jay, if you approve of it I might just stick with it!
Hard2Get I hadn't worked it out til i read the latter part of this thread.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:

I appreciated his post tbh, despite not being able to express why. Anyway, if you haven't heard Gammer's most recent studio mix, listen to the intro.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by ponder:
As an artist, I've always taken the view that if you're willing to take the praise, you have to be prepared to accept criticism. It's part of being a writer, musician, actor, producer, singer - whatever. You're never going to appeal to everybody, so why waste time and energy on addressing those you clearly don't like, and never will like, what you do?

I've never understood this 'flame the haters' approach deployed by the so called 'top-tier' DJs in Hardcore. As someone pointed out earlier, it's as if they all have this deep seated aversion to criticism. Is it that damaging to one's ego that they feel the need to address it at every opportunity.

I can only speak from personal experience, but when I started making a name for myself back in 2000, it was an era of the discussion forum. It was before the Facebooks and Twitters of this world had taken over, and people would express their feelings and opinions on forums like this one, only back then, the likes of HHC and USH were massive, with thousands and thousands of registered users. What I learnt from that was to adopt a 'water off a ducks back' approach. Simply that you will always have your critics or 'haters' as idiots like to say. However, taking their comments personally will only ever be counter productive. Concentrate on what you do and what you enjoy, and appreciate the fans you do have and the support they give you.

Addressing a slightly wider point; discussion is essential. I get this worrying notion that many of the 'top-tier' would be happier if sites like this didn't exist - I mean, you saw that when USH went - they were loving it! Sites like this are crucial to the growth of any style of music, if we ever get to a situation where we're left with Twitter and Facebook fan-pages full of sycophants, then the music will never develop and move on, and will continue to shrink in to a ball as it has been for the past few years.

Blam! This is exactly the opinion I was trying to express, only much less eloquently.

Btw, I'm even later than the rest of you on the 34m thing -- by a few hours/days. :P
Captain Triceps I feel like I've shed a massive light on this 34M thing now!

Hell the hell do you pronounce it though? Three four em? Thirty four em? Or simply as freeform?!
MaidenV
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:

I appreciated his post tbh, despite not being able to express why. Anyway, if you haven't heard Gammer's most recent studio mix, listen to the intro.

What it means is that Kanye is one of the largest figures in popularizing the idea that if you're the best in the game, you should act like it. These ideas that "you're only successful if you piss people off" and "lol haterz" all stem from 2010's hip-hop culture. "Swag" has sort of replaced "bling" as the stereotypical thing that rappers brag about having as of 2012. YOLO (You Only Live Once) is a kind of rallying cry for young teenagers who have adopted a "f*ck what you say, I'll do what I want, when I want" mentality.

Gammer is clearly a big fan of Kanye (which is fine; I myself am giving MBDTF another listen upon posting this). However, ever since mid-2011, Gammer's whole persona has changed from a lovable, slightly dorky guy who asks the crowd to make some more noise (please) to a guy who is (in popular opinion) the best of the best and is thusly "above" average people.

I also think that now more than ever, Gammer is really really really fed up with being singled out as the sole reason why "all hardcore is all shitty and dubsteppy now" when 1)he's still producing a good amount of riff-y hardcore (hell, he remixed P&M - Missing and made it not suck) and 2) I don't think he has ever said that dub/electrocore is the "future of hardcore" or "what NEEDS to be produced for hardcore to survive" or any similar garbage. He may very well just like experimenting with new sounds.

All in all, its a terrible shame that he's lashing out now because I really like a lot of his music and he still seems so much more like a normal human being who happens to make hardcore when compared to other big names who only seem to be capable of shilling themselves. I think he's a victim of pop culture where being humble is seen as being weak, in this day and age more than ever.
Lilley
quote:
"Swag" has sort of replaced "bling" as the stereotypical thing that rappers brag about having as of 2012. YOLO (You Only Live Once) is a kind of rallying cry for young teenagers who have adopted a "f*ck what you say, I'll do what I want, when I want" mentality.

Ahh, seems suitably mentally retarded.

quote:
MBDTF

wtf?
_Jay_ Just gonna leave this here:

Hard2Get Classic.
Samination good track, but somehow i have a hard time trying to listen to it again. I dont know why, but I find it lacking some background "noise" (it feels somewhat empty). The B side on the other hand. Superb
Hard2Get Define background noise.
Samination something going on, like a quieter synth or something
latininxtc Personally not that big of a fan of that track.
wong easy the best track they have made . easy
MaidenV The Frisky & Hujib remix of Fires I The Sky with the big kick is even better.

wong yeah that ones good too, not too much different from original which is good
kathryn I used to think Gammer was fab but then i saw this and thought Gammer WTF!!!!

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
I used to think Gammer was fab but then i saw this and thought Gammer WTF!!!!

This isn't an actual "official" set by him from what I was told. For whatever reason he had to kill almost a half hour. So he decided to just do whatever and just have fun with it. It wasn't meant to be his best work. Sure there are some cringe-worthy moments there. I'm still not fond of that manjari mashup at the very beginning with all the scratching, but I think it was pretty fun and amusing what he did.

Seeing him live over 3 times now, he has never disappointed me :)
Hard2Get Didn't know he was into turntablism too (i mean aside from actually mixing tunes together).
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

This isn't an actual "official" set by him from what I was told. For whatever reason he had to kill almost a half hour. So he decided to just do whatever and just have fun with it. It wasn't meant to be his best work.

What? No disagreement with you personally but that's a crock on his part if true. Surely the fact that he was there in person controlling the mixer and playing the music makes it an "official" set by definition. The idea that you can pick and choose the work that "actually counts" toward your reputation is insane.

On a side-note, although I reckon he's great and one of the few DJs that can actually offer something beyond 2-dimensional playback, it's stuff like that cut out of Future Fuzz before dropping it that's started to annoy me about his sets. I feel like he's correlated "better" with faster and glitchier, and, somewhere along the line in his perpetual quest to get there, forgotten how to just let a good tune play to its full effect. Also that cutting the off-beats thing he does all the time is seriously jarring, if I was one for dancing I imagine it would fuck me right off.

I wonder if that still makes me a hater, even though I've made it loud and clear that I think he's a brilliant DJ. :/
jenks
quote:

I thought it was brilliant.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:

I thought it was brilliant.

So brilliant, it won Set Of The Year at the Hardcore Heaven Awards :)
MaidenV The point of 2 Decks 1 Mixer was to be a short little interlude showing off Gammer's skills. I think Gammer did a normal set that night as well.

The idea is for the crowd to be entertained by the mixing itself, not the tunes and I believe it was billed that way too. I compare it to the DMC World Championships, you dont go there to dance, you go to see turntablism.
Elliott
quote:
The point of 2 Decks 1 Mixer was to be a short little interlude showing off Gammer's skills. I think Gammer did a normal set that night as well.

The idea is for the crowd to be entertained by the mixing itself, not the tunes and I believe it was billed that way too. I compare it to the DMC World Championships, you dont go there to dance, you go to see turntablism.

Yeah, that's fair enough, but he does the stuff I was talking about in "actual" sets too. Not usually to the same extent but making it blatantly obvious what tune is coming next within the first 8 bars of the drop so often is OTT as well.
djDMS Sorry Jay, but throwing Fires in the sky into the equation was a bit lazy! That's like going into a discussion on how shit the England football team is with a video of the 1966 world cup final. :-p
_Jay_
quote:
Sorry Jay, but throwing Fires in the sky into the equation was a bit lazy! That's like going into a discussion on how shit the England football team is with a video of the 1966 world cup final. :-p

Ha ha! Fair comment.

It was because I was going through his SoundCloud and saw that an updated version of it is going to be released on the 24th. Made me remember how good it is.
Lilley And really, no one was doubting the fact that he has and still does release quality work. Most people having a sook about his attitude.
Alexbturbo Bit old but thought it was easier to bump the thread rather than start a new topic, as Mr Gammer himself has been discussing this very thread on his FB page (again) lol
Elipton It's old news...
He loves the attention, which is why he's fanning a fire long gone out.
djDMS Maybe he should spend more time trying to sell his album, and less time complaining about the people who are most likely to buy it!
GrahamC Pretty sad really, he clearly only posted it on FB in order to draw out his army of sycophants to make him feel all warm and fuzzy.

djDMS hit the nail on the head, hows about promoting his album? I could be wrong but have seen sod all from him on FB regarding it (happy to be proved wrong) Maybe he is arrogant enough to think his name alone will sell it? And aside from doing promo for the album he could pull his finger out his bum and release some of the back cat some of us are eager for? Its almost like he doesn't want the money he could earn from his endeavors...
cruelcore1
quote:
he's probably still pissed off on archefluxx and nekoshuffle for speaking their minds.

Wow, I missed whole lot of shit while I was away. Someone here had a beef with Gammer? xD Does anyone have enough heart to point me to the thread?
wong someone had beef with gammer?

i would've gone for lamb myself
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
And aside from doing promo for the album he could pull his finger out his bum and release some of the back cat some of us are eager for? Its almost like he doesn't want the money he could earn from his endeavors...

Honestly at this point why bother with the back catalog? With AudioJelly gone and TrackItDown under administration it's pretty clear that there is no money to be made from releasing the tracks digitally. Maybe if you want them so badly you could hit him up with an email and strike a deal with him to have those tracks all to yourself. It's a longshot, but it's worth trying.
cruelcore1
quote:
someone had beef with gammer?

i would've gone for lamb myself

Beef was a bit overdriven term actually. But I dunno another badass synonym for a fight.

I missed this site, and it'll take a while for new Game of Thrones episodes to come out. Nothing to feed my hunger. Too bad this thread is at its end That's no fun. I want drama.
GrahamC
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
And aside from doing promo for the album he could pull his finger out his bum and release some of the back cat some of us are eager for? Its almost like he doesn't want the money he could earn from his endeavors...

Honestly at this point why bother with the back catalog? With AudioJelly gone and TrackItDown under administration it's pretty clear that there is no money to be made from releasing the tracks digitally. Maybe if you want them so badly you could hit him up with an email and strike a deal with him to have those tracks all to yourself. It's a longshot, but it's worth trying.

Tried about a year ago, email & FB - zilch in the way of reply. Even a 'no chance' would have been nice
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Maybe if you want them so badly you could hit him up with an email and strike a deal with him to have those tracks all to yourself. It's a longshot, but it's worth trying.

They may want more than 100€+ each tune. tried to get one tune from Dougal for that price, no answer.
Makes me feel that some popular producers don't want money or expect too ****ing much.
Claxton I find it very bizarre that he hasn't promoted his album yet.

The only logical explanation that I have been able to think up is that.... some of the tracks featured on the album have just been released on Futureworld and there is a grace period where they are letting people buy them before promoting an album with the same tracks on.

On a side note. Considering how much spamming Klubfiller is responsible for, I found it strange how little he promoted HU presents 2013.

P.S. I love Gammer and he is clearly the best EDM producer in the universe. It's my favourite when he does trap or dubstep drops that make the crowd go wild (including me; I scream like a little girl). I am definitely partial to a bit of Gammer man love.
AceofSpades_Lorenzo Speaking of Klubfiller and that album, anyone else notice he called HU presents 2013; "Hardcore 2013"
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
quote:
Maybe if you want them so badly you could hit him up with an email and strike a deal with him to have those tracks all to yourself. It's a longshot, but it's worth trying.

They may want more than 100€+ each tune. tried to get one tune from Dougal for that price, no answer.
Makes me feel that some popular producers don't want money or expect too ****ing much.

If they sell someone a single tune then that person can then go and share it everywhere. Where the producer could just release it themselves instead and get payed for it.
DJ Hellfury
quote:
If they sell someone a single tune then that person can then go and share it everywhere. Where the producer could just release it themselves instead and get payed for it.

I wouldn't have minded to sign a contract to get this 15+year old tune i was looking for, if he is so scared of filesharing.

Samination I think you missunderstood eachother :P

Matt, Hellfury wanted to buy a copy of a specific track, not to own the rights to it. Atleast that was the original idea that I understood.
latininxtc
quote:
I think you missunderstood eachother :P

Matt, Hellfury wanted to buy a copy of a specific track, not to own the rights to it. Atleast that was the original idea that I understood.

he said share not sell. Where's the misunderstanding ?
DJ Hellfury as sami said, i only wanted to buy a copy of one tune for that particular price (edit: to use it in my sets at best). no answer in months after several mails/pms, no deal. filesharing isnt an argument to not sell, if you have a decent contract. loosing a dat is a reason, but i couldnt find out if thats the case.
Samination
quote:
quote:
I think you missunderstood eachother :P

he said share not sell. Where's the misunderstanding ?

That's how I read what Matt meant
cruelcore1 Cumshot Hardcore
Elliott
quote:
I've always found it strange when people big up their own sets online. Something i've kinda noticed across genres

Not that there's anything directly wrong with it. But I guess i've always had a weird thing about ego's in any form. Like when someone says something like

"I'm gonna tear the club to pieces tonight"

or

"I tore the ****ing roof off that place last night"

It kinda leaves me thinking 'well yea thats cool?but that ultimately isn't up to you, right" - I mean the people on the floor decide that surely? It's like the status update equivalent of looking in the mirror and saying 'Yes?you are the man!'

That said I'm adopting an increasingly more 'bitter-old-man' mentality and enjoying things such as slippers (my feet get sore) and cardigans *waves stick at youngsters and they're swag*

Can't tell if ironic..
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
I've always found it strange when people big up their own sets online. Something i've kinda noticed across genres

Not that there's anything directly wrong with it. But I guess i've always had a weird thing about ego's in any form. Like when someone says something like

or

It kinda leaves me thinking 'well yea thats cool?but that ultimately isn't up to you, right" - I mean the people on the floor decide that surely? It's like the status update equivalent of looking in the mirror and saying 'Yes?you are the man!'

That said I'm adopting an increasingly more 'bitter-old-man' mentality and enjoying things such as slippers (my feet get sore) and cardigans *waves stick at youngsters and they're swag*

Can't tell if ironic..

I don't know who said that originally. But it's really not like they are suggesting at all. It's just the way people talk about things they do. It's probably not really meant to be literal.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:

or

Can't tell if ironic..

I don't know who said that originally. But it's really not like they are suggesting at all. It's just the way people talk about things they do. It's probably not really meant to be literal.

Gammer on Facebook.

I just thought that if it was serious, it would be quite an odd thing to say, coming from someone who's been known to open mixes with Egoraptor talking about how he's the most awesomest DJ in the world or whatever.

It took 7.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page