Radio listeners 178+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Happy Hardcore going Popular

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
MC_St Now maybe it's just me but I don't want Happy Hardcore to become the next phase in peoples lives. Something they can latch onto to be cool. You need to find Hardcore on your own, its the only way you can truely appreciate it. You always remember when you first heare Happy Hardcore, mine was when my mate brought round this copy of an old Helter Skelter '97 tape. I played that tape all summer and 'kin loved it. But if people just buy it cos they're friends have it, maybe theres the odd few that will continue to love it after the trendy train has passed but the majority will go on to something else (probably a classical revolution is coming up).
And another thing, I dont want to be labelled as following the crowd, I want to like the music that hardly anyone else likes and people automatically diss. I mean overall, its great for the DJ's and the companies and they deserve shed loads of money for sticking with us throughout the years when they could have moved on, but it aint good for me, I wanna be a rebel. We should have a secret code (as mentioned in the earlier post) for all the true Happy Hrdcore ravers of the world. That way, at least we will feel like out group hasn't been invaded by band wagon jumping idiots who have the brains of sheep.

Happy Hardcore forever, but keep it to the privileged who want to listen and give it a try. If Happy Hardcore is a fight against the norm, then what happens if and when Happy Hardcore becomes the norm? Why does Hardcore have to sound so wicked? WHY?

Keep raving Children of The Night!
$t

Let me hear your whistles,
and see your arms up high.
Cos we’re the ****in’ future,
And our souls will never die.
Quosh So True m8 so true

I aint new to the scene but new to the forum...never bothered with it but i though its time :P

i agree hhc must not become another one of those genres that people like for 6 months then dies... i like it how it is

if everyone was banging out hhc, would it sound as sweet as it does now... doubt it

kepp it real ... keep it underground

Funky_14uk theres no way am gonna drop hhc n go fur like cheesy pop or rock av only been listenin 2 this stuff fur like a yr noo but a canny hink ae life withoot it a dunno how a ever did go withoot it

Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol!
Brian K umm since when has hardcore been popular? like mid 95ish if even that...all forms of hardcore are still very much so underground imo

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."
milo why limit it, if it makes us so happy and we enjoy it, why hold taht back from other people? they all get introduced some how, and yes, it will be the same ways we are introduced (friend, tape, at a party, sibling whatever). it's underground, and it won't die in 6 monthes if it becomes real popular because us, the people who support it, won't be leaving it.

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "
jimmyjim
quote:
Originally posted by milo:
why limit it, if it makes us so happy and we enjoy it, why hold taht back from other people? they all get introduced some how, and yes, it will be the same ways we are introduced (friend, tape, at a party, sibling whatever). it's underground, and it won't die in 6 monthes if it becomes real popular because us, the people who support it, won't be leaving it.

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "

je morris
jimmyjim I am curious why so many of u think hhc is going to be big, maybe in mid 90,s but still underground!. My girl worked at bowlers [ asylum, time, compulion ] m/c uk an it was every week then, then i started raving 97 it was monthly, closed down mid 2001 [ now the biggest PC market in europe] if you dont know the names it was magic!!!! 5000 wn full, the full monty.
i still in mournin, f....k all in nw uk now, so no hhc is not alive here, i was so lucky 3 miles to home and i could hardly drive never mind walk home.
absolutly fantastic, but the big nono, girls dont want to sweat so thats why its never been and never will be super club and Ibiza sunset, females are all when it comes to partying, hands on heart guys, we go where the bitches go.
well the wimps do, i have just got cable and can now listen live music, and thankyou the guys for making hhc radio, its a bloody shame only so few are listening it should be thousands, maybe you guys can speak to dj,s sara cox or pete tong of radio 1 uk, plead for a plug. an idea??? god im thirsty after all that type talking time for a cooolll vodca an coke, hhc 24/7 guys

je morris
rushout
quote:
Originally posted by MC_St:
We should have a secret code (as mentioned in the earlier post) for all the true Happy Hrdcore ravers of the world. That way, at least we will feel like out group hasn't been invaded by band wagon jumping idiots who have the brains of sheep.

lol!! you don't understand! raving is for everyone, that's part of it's appeal. you reckon they had a secret code in 1992? probably not, people just got into it and understood it through the music and the atmosphere of the events. so really if you think about it, if the music isn't already expressing what the scene's all about, then getting commercial bandwagon jumpers climbing aboard is a problem caused by itself.

Ryan @ Phase 4
http://www.phase4records.co.uk
strychnine Blah blah f***ing blah.

junglist_angel I completly agree with you. I think it would be a shame that hardcore become a mainstream type of music. Comercialized music is not only played out, but it's also far too overmarketed with all sorts of silly items. Part of what makes hardcore so special is that it is underground.
It's a small scene and sometimes I feel a bit sad that there is no happy core scene out here, but that just makes it all that more exciting when I go off to some party elsewhere. btw... I think I'm the only Belgian that listens to happy core

silver There will always be pop music and always be hardcore, people will come and go, just stick with what you love no matter what other people care and hardcore will never die.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
atomicb All the comments posted here but make sense.. bout it's far from popular mate . . . example:

I recorded a mix onto cd and took it into my school today - I got 13 seconds into the intro of chase by scott brown and it was gone :P They just thaught it was a joke . .. but what do I care, I love it and always will - I'm hardly the only on like this, and for that reason hardcore shall survive a popular phase *if* it happens :P

toxic *yawns*

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
rushout yeah most dance music is perceived as a joke these days

Ryan @ Phase 4
http://www.phase4records.co.uk
blazinbeatz i agree, i found hhc on my own, and i appreciate it more.....good stuff

one_scatterd_lil_monk_e i agree i dont want the scene to get big but i really dont think it will become that big, the raving scene has become much bigger here in australia yet most of the people like trance , so im sure our small hardcore scene will stay underground :)

" tonight im jip travolta , im peter popper , im going to never never land with my chosen family, man. we're going to get more spaced out than neil armstong ever did."
JIP HUMAN TRAFFIC
Dave Murray Does the POPE really shit in the woods????

(/Dance Mothe®Fu©ke® On 2Tu®ntables/)
virus i think the pope has a washroom for himself to use in the vatican..

Happy hardcore almost died a few years ago, as not enough people were buying compilations, and attending events.. we need support for hardcore.. That doesnt mean excluding people that aren't "true to the scene". Someone can like whatever style they choose.. if they choose to like hardcore, then good for them! i'm sure they'll be rewarded with some great tunes.

Skyler It's bad enough seeing shooting star/field of dreams/heart of gold in the charts, all the lamers that like those shitty versions and think they are the dogs nads yet they always slated the originals which are infinitely better. As much as I hate it even Garage sounded alright until it became mainstream rubbish. Underground is always better, producers arent afraid to try different things as it makes little difference to profits or whatever. Mainstream things always follow such a generic format, such a generic sound.. some hardcore is going that way already and its making me dislike it more and more. Hardcore is something different, something away from the crowd.. its so diverse.. if it gets into mainstream territory most of that will change. Some producers will want to jump on the bandwagon of popularity and begin producing tracks that sound like the first few to break the 'mainstream' area. Then we have a load more people who have never produced hardcore in their life all trying to latch onto this generic popular sound.. eventually it would hopefully fizzle out and lamers can latch onto some other mainstream music.. another fad.

I dont know wether hardcore will make it mainstream, but I think it certainly could.. I just hope it doesnt. The artists deserve the money yes, but only for the diverse and interesting sounds they have made thus far.. not for the generic crap that they will enevitably make if they choose to go down the mainstream route...

All this is speculation though of course, it may turn out to be a good thing but only for record labels if past experience is anything to go by. Garage used to be underground and have a unique sound, now everyone plays it/listens to it etc.. its turned into mainstream rubbish.. of course it was only ever 'average' but since going mainstream its turned into hideous wank and become trendy.

Oh well those are some of my current views, I cant be bothered to think further and post something more accurate :)

virus jungle is quite popular.. did it become "a phase" and die out?

no...

tommo I dunno I kind of have mixed feelings about this topic.
In one sense it would be really cool to be able to buy hardcore music from
anywhere and maybe see some stuff about it on tv.
But on the other hand you would loadsa kids just listening to it to be cool
or fit in or whatever.And you would get a different crowd going to raves.I
dont like the idea of that.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
strychnine
quote:
Originally posted by tommo:

Why? Because it's "your" music and they shouldn't have the right to get to it? Or maybe because having wankers listen to the music makes it worse somehow? It's all a bit silly ... kinda like the "I'd hate to find out that HHC was originally music for gay ravers" argument, innit?

Originally posted by strychnine:
quote:
Originally posted by tommo:

Why? Because it's "your" music and they shouldn't have the right to get to it? Or maybe because having wankers listen to the music makes it worse somehow? It's all a bit silly ... kinda like the "I'd hate to find out that HHC was originally music for gay ravers" argument, innit?

Misundastanding!
No.It wouldnt change the music.Its hard to explain.You would get kids listening to it to be cool and to fit in.
Take the nu-metal scene for example.It went all mainstream and everybody
became moshers to be cool.And now it is kinda dyin a bit kids are just abandoning it because it isnt cool anymore.
And even if hhc was for gay ravers that wouldnt bother me.As long as they
actually liked the music then thats fine.
I think people should have the freedon to listen to what they want.

whispering Mainstream is made for the people who dont listen music that much, mainly radio or mtv... They dont have the intrest to find a own style...
So the marketing is aimed to them, and only for them,
coz they buy only what they hear... So if it comes popular, theres going to be many wannabe ravers, witch will end up listening the next big thing...
Not becouse its popular, but becouse they dont have the intrest of finding
any other type of music...

I think it should be world wide underground... Coz now its underground in like 10 countrys, and the rest dont have scene at all... So if it was underground in like 50 countrys, the record sell's would be 5 times bigger...

Oli G I Reacon the pope shits in the confession boxes, then blames it on other people
heh

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
tommo

Simon
quote:
Originally posted by OliGhalebi:
I Reacon the pope shits in the confession boxes, then blames it on other people
heh

This topic was getting a little to debated and serious.....But that comment has just kicked the whole serious part out of the topic....Well Done Oli G you've manged to shed some light on a topic which has no doubt been heatedly debated many times all over the world.
Tink Where I'm from, people hate HHC. To find another really devoted fan, is a miracle in itself. So I try to get all of my friends, who don't already listen to electronic music, hooked on it.

It's sometimes easier to get people listening to HHC, than other genres, because it has lyrics (** where dreams come true for me and you...**). I do live in very rural part of the United States though... you have to travel six hours for a good club.

Call it a clan, call it network,
call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever
you are, you need one.
-Jane Howard
CandyAss Who cares if some wanker wants to listen to happy hardcore. Like it wasn't like that in the past or something? I know in America over half the kids who listen to happy hardcore at all only know Anabolic Frolic and think he makes every anthem there is (some don't even know Anabolic Frolic and they think Happy 2B Hardcore is an artist..and that one girl sings all the happy hardcore songs). Who gives a shit though, at least they like it and listen to it. People are whinning about a bunch of shit that doesn't even really matter in the end. It's all about the music, not who listens to the music.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
Tink
quote:
Originally posted by CandyAss:
and they think Happy 2B Hardcore is an artist..and that one girl sings all the happy hardcore songs).

te he... when I told my roomate I got some HHC records for Christmas, she said, "Oh, I haven't heard of them before. What do they sing? You should let me borrow them so I can make a copy."

Go Idaho

Call it a clan, call it network,
call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever
you are, you need one.
-Jane Howard
Ormzby2003
I completely agree with you if hhc became a massive success it just wouldnt be special. The only thing is that i wouldnt mind it becoming a tiny bit more popular so that there would be more raves going on. i have to travel 90 miles to get to the nearest rave.

P.S Great speech

'who cares what you feel like in the morning, KEEP JUMPIN!!'
Kaffine
quote:
Originally posted by Funky_14uk:
theres no way am gonna drop hhc n go fur like cheesy pop or rock av only been listenin 2 this stuff fur like a yr noo but a canny hink ae life withoot it a dunno how a ever did go withoot it

Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol!

I hate people who try and type with the same "color" as MC storm's speech. No offense, it's just that trying to decipher this post is a lot like listening to MC storm speak - "appy ar'core ih uh ba'in gud tahm mayt" or something like that.

BTW, I think that hardcore (at least in its happy form) will never achieve a 'pop' status because of the closed mindedness of today's youth - because it's so sunny and bright it's automatically 'gay' (as we explored in another topic :p)

tommo Most djs are playing more trancey stuff now and dont spin that much hhc anymore.I love some of the new stuff djs hixxy,scott brown,brisk etc are playing.But I still like hearing some of the older stuff.

Cheese isnt my thing really though.

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page