Radio listeners 184+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Events: UK & Ireland
 Hardcore Underground London

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
_Jay_ Event name: Hardcore Underground London
Starts: July 19th, 2013
City/Region: England

Event Page: - https://www.facebook.com/events/558894000809576/?fref=ts

Friday 19th July 2013 | UNION CLUB | 66 Albert Embankment, Vauxhall, London, SE1 7TP

The next HU event in London, good vibes and good music all night!

Limited ?12 early bird tickets go on sale soon!

Full Lineup:

DJ Shimamura (Japan)
Fracus & Darwin
Al Storm
Arkitech
Entity B2B Gavin G
Alex Prospect
Karl Future
Chris Ross & Sam B
Cyber & Giggly

MCs: Sharkey, Obie, Rude, Macca, Leggett, Thunda, Steal
_Jay_ Someone please post here when they see a link for tickets, please. :-)
Samination "As promised, here's the July 19th lineup in full. Early bird tickets (£12) go on sale Monday, April 29th."

Well I haven't seen any tickets yet...
_Jay_ Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. :-)
Samination well I didnt check for myself when the tickets where going out, but I presume that even with tickets out it should still be listed on TiD?
_Jay_ Dunno man. Fracus'll sort it out. He's on the ball man. LAD.
Serenity Fracus posted in the event thread on FB that they'll be on sale May 20.

I figure it's worth asking here - Is anyone interested in sharing a hotel? I'm kinda on my own for my UK trip now and trying to find people to stay with for this event. I'll be traveling around the country after it. Send me a pm if you are, or happen to have friends in the area that could host a couch surfer for a couple days. :) (I have other resources, and of course could book something on my own - but it's a lot more fun to meet new people!)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Serenity:
Fracus posted in the event thread on FB that they'll be on sale May 20.

I figure it's worth asking here - Is anyone interested in sharing a hotel? I'm kinda on my own for my UK trip now and trying to find people to stay with for this event. I'll be traveling around the country after it. Send me a pm if you are, or happen to have friends in the area that could host a couch surfer for a couple days. :) (I have other resources, and of course could book something on my own - but it's a lot more fun to meet new people!)

I would so join you but I'm flat broke...
Samination sadly I've already booked my hotel, and a friend of mine might try to squeese in himself
latininxtc
quote:

Oh maybe you can stay with Jay, if you don't mind the smell of chloroform...
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Samination: a friend of mine might try to squeese in himself

Is he a contortionist?
Serenity
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Oh maybe you can stay with Jay, if you don't mind the smell of chloroform...

Hahaha. I'm not a MILF so I think I'd be ok.
_Jay_ Jesus Christ, I turn my back on the events section for five seconds and I miss all the action.

Margaret, I'd offer you a place to crash if I wasn't a big baby and was currently living with mummy and daddy myself. :-/

If you're gonna be in and around London for a few days and fancied a few beers at some point, give me a shout. Always up for meeting new people. I think Jacek (Samination) is over for a few days as well?
Serenity Haha sorry Jay, I blame Steven for dragging you into it.

Can you suggest an area to stay in? I've found some pretty cheap single rooms in various places around the city close to the underground, none are exactly close to the venue, but I don't really know what would be 'safe'.

I'm not a big drinker, but would be happy to have company at any point in time. :) Should definitely meet up for dinner or something before the event! (Only caveat is I eat a gluten-free diet, but there are a ton of places around London that are safe for a person like me based on my googling.)
Triquatra UK is good for veggies/GFs, all menus will have veggie options, and most will list GF next to gluten free meals! :)
Serenity I found a pretty phenomenal rate for a hotel using kayak.com after a few days of looking. Figured I'd share that here in case anyone else is looking for places to stay. :) I'm officially very excited for my trip now that I have a place to go once I land!
latininxtc
quote:
I found a pretty phenomenal rate for a hotel using kayak.com after a few days of looking. Figured I'd share that here in case anyone else is looking for places to stay. :) I'm officially very excited for my trip now that I have a place to go once I land!

Glad to hear! I check that site out from time to time but I usually find some of the best deals at booking.com. They have a lot of hostels and hostel-like places that have one bedrooms with pvt baths as well.
Serenity yeah - I compared all the sites (I'm pretty good at the internet). All the 1-bedrooms were significantly more expensive at the hostels than just plain old hotels, which was weird. $54 USD for a night in a hotel is peanuts (it can actually sleep multiple people - it has a double bed and a pull-out bed), and given the cost of trains from outside of the city I'm hoping I made the right decision to stay there. I feel more at ease knowing where I'll be going!
latininxtc
quote:
yeah - I compared all the sites (I'm pretty good at the internet). All the 1-bedrooms were significantly more expensive at the hostels than just plain old hotels, which was weird. $54 USD for a night in a hotel is peanuts (it can actually sleep multiple people - it has a double bed and a pull-out bed), and given the cost of trains from outside of the city I'm hoping I made the right decision to stay there. I feel more at ease knowing where I'll be going!

definitely peanuts for the London area. I did a random search one day and a lot of the cheapest ones were out in the middle of nowhere lol.
Hard2Get
quote:
(I'm pretty good at the internet)

LOL. I don't know if you intended that to be funny but it was.
Serenity
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
(I'm pretty good at the internet)

LOL. I don't know if you intended that to be funny but it was.

Glad someone caught that
_Jay_
quote:
I'm pretty good at the internet

LOL.
Serenity Happy days - I got my ticket!

On sale now: https://www.trackitdown.net/event/hardcore-underground/463.html

Really looking forward to meeting everyone who will be at this and Bust an Old Jam.
_Jay_ Excellent work! I'll book mine shortly.
SaucePotSexton I'm coming.

#Beats #Bants #(mah)Boiz #Beers #BPMs
Samination the more the merrier I guess :)
_Jay_ Best get your energy levels up, Jacket. Sexton's got some serious energy on the dancefloor!
Serenity After seeing the other thread about ladies at UK events, I'm just glad to know there will be more girls on the dancefloor! :) I can't believe how quickly this trip is approaching. Can't wait!
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
Best get your energy levels up, Jacket. Sexton's got some serious energy on the dancefloor!

Haha now you're calling him Jacket too.
Samination I just hope he actually doesn't say it when we meet :P
_Jay_
quote:

Ha, yeah. Thought I'd slip that in there.

#That'sWhatHeSaid

quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I just hope he actually doesn't say it when we meet :P

I've met you twice before already?!
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

Ha, yeah. Thought I'd slip that in there.

#That'sWhatHeSaid

quote:

The silly drunk probably doesn't remember. He needs to control his drinking.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wasn't called Jacket until after those 2 raves Jay :P
_Jay_ Ha! That's true!

quote:

Yeah, trust me. Jacek's nuts. Almost lost his jacket he was so mangled last time.
Samination
quote:
Ha! That's true!

quote:

Yeah, trust me. Jacek's nuts. Almost lost his jacket he was so mangled last time.

No. What I lost was the chance of getting a demo CD from Bananaman :/
Hard2Get Because you were too drunk?
_Jay_ I was joking Jacek! Just getting the word jacket in there. :-)
Entity
quote:
Ha! That's true!

quote:

Ummmm...remind me what happened to you at that HU event where I met you and Dean? Oh yeah, you were battered and splattered and asked to leave :P

Hard2Get LOL is that right?
_Jay_ This is correct. Clive likes to remind me about this regularly. :-)

Not my finest hour.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Entity:
quote:
Ha! That's true!

quote:

Ummmm...remind me what happened to you at that HU event where I met you and Dean? Oh yeah, you were battered and splattered and asked to leave :P

Do you mean me or Jay? =P
Hard2Get I don't know what's worse. Being asked to leave or being carried out as in my experience one time. Only supported by the arms though.
Samination
quote:
I don't know what's worse. Being asked to leave or being carried out as in my experience one time. Only supported by the arms though.

I was asked if I was well because I kept going out for fresh air. But what did you expect at my first rave? =P
_Jay_
quote:

Do you mean I was asked to leave, or I asked to leave myself?
Samination
quote:
quote:

Do you mean I was asked to leave, or I asked to leave myself?

You left early the first rave we met. Not sure Dean was there thou
_Jay_ Yeah, I remember specifically what happened. I was too drunk. Spoke to Dean in the area outside of the toilets. Explained I was too drunk, and then went back to my friend's place. I was just asking Clive for his version of events because he seems adamant that I was ejected.
Samination Yea. How did I forget that Dean was ther too -.-
He looked like he was going to sleep there, just like Iain, so he left a while after you :P. I didn't stay for much longer after that too.
Serenity
quote:
I was too drunk.

An attainable goal for this HU - don't be too drunk.
_Jay_ I'll be fine. :-)
djDMS
quote:
...remind me what happened to you at that HU event where I met you and Dean? Oh yeah, you were battered and splattered and asked to leave :P

Hahahahahaha............

.........hahahaha!
_Jay_ lol! That's right, laugh it up Deano.

Best hope I don't cause a scene at your wedding!
Hard2Get
quote:
lol! That's right, laugh it up Deano.

LOL
djDMS
quote:
lol! That's right, laugh it up Deano.

I was banking on it mate!
_Jay_ I'll be good! I promise.
SaucePotSexton I thought Jay was straight(wheeey) edge......
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by SaucePotSexton:
I thought Jay was straight(wheeey) edge......

Straight....to the bar
Serenity 1 week!!

I'll be wandering around London Thursday & Friday if anyone wants to meet up at all. I don't really have any set plans, besides find tasty food and do [preferably free] touristy things at some point in time.
latininxtc
quote:
1 week!!

I'll be wandering around London Thursday & Friday if anyone wants to meet up at all. I don't really have any set plans, besides find tasty food and do [preferably free] touristy things at some point in time.

you should probably consider getting some sort of package deal of visiting the most popular places of london. Saved me a lot when I bought the one for Toronto, did everything except visit the science centre, and still saved like 20 USD for admission into Casa Loma, Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto Zoo, and CN Tower.
Serenity
quote:
quote:
1 week!!

you should probably consider getting some sort of package deal of visiting the most popular places of london. Saved me a lot when I bought the one for Toronto, did everything except visit the science centre, and still saved like 20 USD for admission into Casa Loma, Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto Zoo, and CN Tower.

There really isn't a lot I'm super interested in around London though, as strange as that may sound. I'm doing everything I want to on my vacation when I'm outside of the city between the two raves. Going camping, kayaking, hiking, possibly climbing - just enjoying nature and seeing the countryside. I'm totally open to suggestions though, as I'm sure there are a lot of things i don't know about. It's such a huge city. But I'm on a budget so I'm trying to keep the touristy expenses to a bare minimum.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
1 week!!

There really isn't a lot I'm super interested in around London though, as strange as that may sound. I'm doing everything I want to on my vacation when I'm outside of the city between the two raves. Going camping, kayaking, hiking, possibly climbing - just enjoying nature and seeing the countryside. I'm totally open to suggestions though, as I'm sure there are a lot of things i don't know about. It's such a huge city. But I'm on a budget so I'm trying to keep the touristy expenses to a bare minimum.

Well a tourist pass for attractions and a pass to get on and off those tourist buses would certainly cut costs and even time by a good amount, but seeing as how you have a rental car I wouldn't find them necessary for you. I did everything on foot when I was in Barcelona and Madrid and managed to see a ton of things. Would be great to check out the country side though, and I could never do it traveling alone because I have the disadvantage of having a fear of driving lol
_Jay_ Jacek, we're gonna go for some drinks in Vauxhall Park in the evening before the rave. You up for that? Weather should be gorgeous!

Samination
quote:
Jacek, we're gonna go for some drinks in Vauxhall Park in the evening before the rave. You up for that? Weather should be gorgeous!

Yea, I would be in my hotell around 6-7pm... which is just a 10 min walk from vauxhall station :)

I might take with my another swede, djfss, who has made a few comments on here. and I will try to charge up my lycaphone number so I can talk ;)

BTW, know any places nearby that might sell any swedish ciders or sweet drinks like bacardi breezers? I can drink beer but it's not my forte :P
_Jay_ Yeah, that sounds good man. Me and Hannah are getting there for around 7pm, so that sounds good.

There will definitely be places to get cider! That's what I plan on drinking too :-)
Hard2Get Stopped calling her Sexton now? Or Sexpiece.
_Jay_ Ha! No! That was a very rare real-name use.

May have to edit it...
djDMS Too late, we've all seen it!

Must be love ;-)
_Jay_ TOMORROW.

#MegaPumped

quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Too late, we've all seen it!

Must be love ;-)

Had to lower the tone, didn't you.
Samination
quote:
TODAY.

#MegaRumped

djDMS Have a lovely time you lot.

See some of you next week :-)
_Jay_ Cheers Deano!! Can't wait to see ya next week man!
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by SaucePotSexton:
I thought Jay was straight

He is, but he's gay for me.
djDMS Go on then, don't keep me in suspense...
Samination i left early :(
djDMS
quote:
i left early :(

Why?
Samination
quote:
quote:

Why?

didnt feel well. I didn't drink more than usual so I think I was just too tired
latininxtc
quote:

f**king pathetic lol
Claxton BOOM!!!!! What another top night!! I am mega embarrassing when drunk and should not be allowed to talk to any artists when in that way (massive arse licker!!)

Anyway, as usual the crowd was friendly - everyone approachable and just up for it. Met some more great people!!

Shimamura smashed it!! Love his music so it was a pleasure to finally see him play live... and get his album signed which made me a very happy man!! Again... I think I crossed the boundaries of 'coolness' when I attempted to sing along with some of the Japanese vocals. Reminded me of when I used to sing at church... just make noises in tune with the song.

A great splattering of breakbeat throughout the night which always goes down a treat. Sam B and Chris Ross seemed to play a lot of new material, very piano based set as you might expect. Entity played a combination of older and newer tracks (all breakbeat). Will never ever tire of hearing 'Stargazer'.

Al Storm played some new material which sounded very very good. Arkitech played some savage rolling basslines as you would expect. Hell, every set was on it last night.

Last set and F&D played a little bit of a classics set. Perfect for last set of the night, had a great sing along and got opportunity to hear tracks that I never get chance to hear played out. And I think that's the fullest I've seen a HU dancefloor at 6am.

Feeling bloody awful today. In need of food and water. When I left Jay and Hannah at around quarter to 7 they were still drinking after picking up booze from the shop on the way out. That goodness I didn't follow suit!!

Oh and Jacek!! I noticed you left!! Shame dudeee!!
Hard2Get Haha, Jay. What a legend. I guess we won't see him til Tuesday then.
Serenity Was nice meeting all of you :) Top music and great people!
Hard2Get
quote:

How early?
Samination
quote:
quote:

How early?

2:30 :(
Out of the 4 times i've been at a rave, that' the earliest yet
_Jay_ Ridiculous night. Proper report later.

Matt, we went straight home. Slept for four hours and then drank in the afternoon with some mates. Much more mature behaviour than usual. :-)

Six more sleeps until BAOJ. :-)

quote:

You feeling better now? Sorry I didn't call you yesterday. What did you do in the end? What time is your flight home tonight?
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
quote:

How early?

Why so early? That's like peak time!
_Jay_ Where's my special congratulations for staying the whole night, anyone?

You all give me an absolute pasting for leaving early, so presumably it works the other way as well, yeah?

Nah?
Hard2Get How would you like your reward?
djDMS
quote:
Where's my special congratulations for staying the whole night, anyone?

You all give me an absolute pasting for leaving early, so presumably it works the other way as well, yeah?

Nah?

Nah

;-)

Well done though love, just hope it hasn't knackered your chances of lasting all night next week.
_Jay_
quote:
How would you like your reward?

Extra messy. I'll fetch the goggles.

quote:
Nah

;-)

Well done though love, just hope it hasn't knackered your chances of lasting all night next week.

No way! Fully recovered already. Gagging for some nostalgic beats.
Samination some people are up for a meat-up instead of a meet-up
Hard2Get You went home because you felt sexually abused?

It took 4.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page