Radio listeners 189+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 jD-KiD & David Traya - Latika

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
_Jay_ I haven't made a thread about an individual track in a while. I did listen to this once when the clip was first uploaded a few weeks/a month ago, but only really re-visited it within the last week or so.

Fcuking full-on obsessed with it now. Absolutely amazing.

Samination can't really say I like it much :/
I think I expected a little more Hard-trance influenced Makina feel over it because of both jD and Traya trackrecords
_Jay_ That's fair enough man.

I just got captivated by those mental stabby synth bits. And the pitch-bending build after it. Then the drop.

I think I'd have a fcuking seizure if I heard this at a rave.
Thumpa I played it at HU back in March! I'll play it at Westfest too, will go down well with a cheesy crowd!

Out next week folks!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
I played it at HU back in March!

I definitely would have heard it then, because I was on the dancefloor for the entirety of your and Jamie's set. There were a few tunes that I heard that night that blew my fcuking mind and that I hadn't heard before. One was in Gammer's set, and this could well have been another one. I definitely remember turning to Ben (Claxton) and just saying "What the fcuking hell is this!" at one point during your set.

_Jay_ Cannot remember the last time that I obsessed over a tune like this. Unbelievable.
Hard2Get Unbelievabubble, you mean.
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
I played it at HU back in March!

I definitely would have heard it then, because I was on the dancefloor for the entirety of your and Jamie's set. There were a few tunes that I heard that night that blew my fcuking mind and that I hadn't heard before. One was in Gammer's set, and this could well have been another one. I definitely remember turning to Ben (Claxton) and just saying "What the fcuking hell is this!" at one point during your set.

Was it not 'Unforgettable'? Memory is understandably jaded.

Regardless, Latika is a great track. JD-KiD can do no wrong at the moment. Definitely one of my favourite producers. Deathless blows me away (opportunity)!!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Unbelievabubble, you mean.

Yes, you're quite right - I did mean that.

quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Was it not 'Unforgettable'? Memory is understandably jaded.

Regardless, Latika is a great track. JD-KiD can do no wrong at the moment. Definitely one of my favourite producers. Deathless blows me away (opportunity)!!

Yeah, we both went absolutely nuts to that, as well. But there was definitely one unknown one that was ridiculously affecting. Has to have been this!

Was a phenomenal set overall.
Darts wow, this is amazing!

wasn't I banging on last year about how good jD-Kid is?! this is even better... love it
_Jay_ He's unbelievable man. I know it's not really Freeform as such, but there's so much more promising stuff going on in the Freeform (and related) area of Hardcore at the moment.
Thumpa The funny thing about that set at HU, I can't remember a thing. Had tequilas and millions of drinks and then played at 4am, can't remember playing, can remember Jamie touching the jog wheel cos one tune was out by about 17 minutes, remember jumping around, remember playing Insane Asylum remix and then playing 'Hardcore Is The Future' by Hard Coalition (look it up) and then finishing with 'Usambara' by +12V then woke up in a Travelodge down the road about 11am! Ever the consummate professional...
_Jay_ Finally got my hands on the full track. It's just magnificent.

I have been informed that the track is a rip of a track by Simon Patterson, also called Latika. Not the first Hardcore track to take influences from other tunes by any means, and there's still plenty of originality in jD-KiD and David Traya's version. Hasn't dampened my lust for it. :-)

quote:
The funny thing about that set at HU, I can't remember a thing. Had tequilas and millions of drinks and then played at 4am, can't remember playing, can remember Jamie touching the jog wheel cos one tune was out by about 17 minutes, remember jumping around, remember playing Insane Asylum remix and then playing 'Hardcore Is The Future' by Hard Coalition (look it up) and then finishing with 'Usambara' by +12V then woke up in a Travelodge down the road about 11am! Ever the consummate professional...

Ha ha! I do remember you saying how pissed you were. Did the job, though.
Claxton
quote:
Finally got my hands on the full track. It's just magnificent.

I have been informed that the track is a rip of a track by Simon Patterson, also called Latika. Not the first Hardcore track to take influences from other tunes by any means, and there's still plenty of originality in jD-KiD and David Traya's version. Hasn't dampened my lust for it. :-)

quote:
The funny thing about that set at HU, I can't remember a thing. Had tequilas and millions of drinks and then played at 4am, can't remember playing, can remember Jamie touching the jog wheel cos one tune was out by about 17 minutes, remember jumping around, remember playing Insane Asylum remix and then playing 'Hardcore Is The Future' by Hard Coalition (look it up) and then finishing with 'Usambara' by +12V then woke up in a Travelodge down the road about 11am! Ever the consummate professional...

Ha ha! I do remember you saying how pissed you were. Did the job, though.

Look at me, look at me, my album has been delivered!!! Pathetic!!
_Jay_
quote:

LOL.
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
quote:

LOL.

HOOOOOOOOLD ON MAN
WHY HAVE YOU GOT YOURS SO QUICKLY?
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
HOOOOOOOOLD ON MAN

I was as shocked as you. Ordered Monday, arrived in the post today. :-)
_Jay_ Olly, I've stuck this on YouTube (not the full version, obviously). If you want it removed, give me a shout and I'll do it straight away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoTGCQDm7_4
Thumpa Don't link to www.rebuildmusic.net or anything mate, ****er! ;)
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
quote:
quote:

LOL.

HOOOOOOOOLD ON MAN

_Jay_
quote:
Don't link to www.rebuildmusic.net or anything mate, ****er! ;)

I did!! Look in the description!!
Thumpa Oh yeah, thanks
Torpex
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:

Awesome.
_Jay_

Played this tune countless times this week after hearing it played out at Hard Beats recently. Absolutely fcuking massive. Huge dancefloor impact.

It took 1.29 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page