Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 [WIP] Happy Hardcore Underground

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ Hellfury

Album title: Happy Hardcore Underground
Label: Hardcore Underground
Cat Nr.: ?
Release: 2013
? CDs, digital release
Happy Hardcore

Tracklist (not confirmed):

Predicted, featured tunes:
Hixxy & Sharkey - Toytown (Darwin Remix)
Darwin & Donna - Groove Control 2013 (?)
Ham, Demo & Justin Time - Here I Am (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
JDS - Higher Love (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
Seduction - In The Mix (Darwin Remix)
Triple J - Here I Am (Al Storm Remix)
DJ Demand - Stay With Me (Darwin Remix)
JHAL - Please Be Mine (Darwin Remix)
Quicksilver Jesus man. This is getting over the top. XD
Craigavon raver Still nothing on this then, was first meant to be released in febuaruy was it not
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Jesus man. This is getting over the top. XD

HU = best label, fact
Quicksilver I mean your posts before there's even anything known about the albums.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
Still nothing on this then, was first meant to be released in febuaruy was it not

We were going to release a digital bundle through iTunes/TiD etc. We eventually worked out that's no fun at all, and came up with a more interesting.... form.

It'll be worth the wait.

CDJay
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:
Still nothing on this then, was first meant to be released in febuaruy was it not

We were going to release a digital bundle through iTunes/TiD etc. We eventually worked out that's no fun at all, and came up with a more interesting.... form.

It'll be worth the wait.

CDJay

I'm glad! cause I don't buy digital, so works out better for me being a cd release
warped_candykid
quote:
quote:
quote:

It'll be worth the wait.

CDJay

I'm glad! cause I don't buy digital, so works out better for me being a cd release

It could be a vinyl & cd release!!!
CDJay Despite my own... preferences, we have toyed with the idea of doing a vinyl album.

Might be a decent project to do it with. I'll float it to the crew!

CDJay
_Jay_
quote:

Still amazes me that you've never bought anything digitally!
DJ Hellfury
quote:
I mean your posts before there's even anything known about the albums.

:P I know but i made my statement in sharkey album thread
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
quote:

Oh quit lying to yourself on that statement. The real reason you are posting these is because you wanted to be first to post them!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

bought is the key word here!

And CDJay I don't think a vinyl album is a great idea at all economically speaking. I mean sure there is a demand from a few for it, but how many of them will really end up actually buying it? Not much to make it worthwhile. I say stick with the CDs they are doing amazing!

Unless you make it into some exclusive limited edition format, with each item numbered. And maybe the price jacked up to something that makes it REALLY limited.
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
quote:

Oh quit lying to yourself on that statement. The real reason you are posting these is because you wanted to be first to post them!

ha! but i stopped thinking that way.
seriously, i wanted to work on these things (gathering information etc.) within the next weeks, it's like a reminder to anyone to provide all necassary things, if there is anything known; it's likely that you guys know more since you visit the parties etc.
CDJay
quote:
quote:
quote:

bought is the key word here!

And CDJay I don't think a vinyl album is a great idea at all economically speaking. I mean sure there is a demand from a few for it, but how many of them will really end up actually buying it? Not much to make it worthwhile. I say stick with the CDs they are doing amazing!

Unless you make it into some exclusive limited edition format, with each item numbered. And maybe the price jacked up to something that makes it REALLY limited.

Oh, a vinyl album would only be complementary. There's no way it wouldn't be on CD, as well.

Shall look into it. It's the sort of thing that would have been impossible, or at least very suicidal, until now.

CDJay

kazukism92 I will buy this album and I'll go to the hell, if "really" confirms "Here I Am (F&D Remix)".
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
I will buy this album and I'll go to the hell, if "really" confirms "Here I Am (F&D Remix)".

it was mentioned before that its on album, so i put it on there

not sure if there was more, but we will find out soon
CDJay You can safely assume the following will feature in some capacity:

Darwin & Donna - Groove Control 2013

There's more, but these have all been played out so I'm giving little to nothing away whilst looking helpful! Or at least it would have seemed so if I didn't subtitle my tactic. Bah!

I can also exclusively reveal that Darwin remixed "Harmony" by Force & Styles, but I hate the vocal so it's buried forever. Bwahahaha!!!!!!

CDJay
Quicksilver Jonathan, what about the Please Be Mine remix that I think Darwin made? Will it ever see the light of day? It's soooo gooood.
don_simon3000 *knock* *knock* the sooner, the better!
CDJay
quote:
Jonathan, what about the Please Be Mine remix that I think Darwin made? Will it ever see the light of day? It's soooo gooood.

Yeah, okay, a tidied up version of that is a likely inclusion

CDJay
DJ Hellfury huge thanks to cdjay for informations :)
CDJay NPs, i quite like this way of drip feeding!

CDJay
Warnman
quote:

If sales for vinyls are so low I'd collect possible vinyl orders before or making them super exclusive.
Quicksilver
quote:
quote:
Jonathan, what about the Please Be Mine remix that I think Darwin made? Will it ever see the light of day? It's soooo gooood.

Yeah, okay, a tidied up version of that is a likely inclusion

CDJay

I love you.

kazukism92
quote:
You can safely assume the following will feature in some capacity:

Darwin & Donna - Groove Control 2013

There's more, but these have all been played out so I'm giving little to nothing away whilst looking helpful! Or at least it would have seemed so if I didn't subtitle my tactic. Bah!

I'll go to the hell right now. Thanks for the info CDJ!

Offtopic, any plans to hear a updated version of "Follow The Sun", just for ask mate!.
warped_candykid Wait...so it's not going to be on cd?
CDJay It'll absolutely be on CD as the primary format. Anything else (IE vinyl, digi) would be secondary.

CDJay
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:

Yeh lad i?ve never bought anything digitally! gonna get 20 years of dj vibes, but i?ve already said to the woman about getting her brother to do it for me, and burn it onto a cd
AceofSpades_Lorenzo I wonder how many people forgot about this album or doubting itll ever it happen :xxxx
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by AceofSpades_Lorenzo:
I wonder how many people forgot about this album or doubting itll ever it happen :xxxx

I'd say most of us have not forgotten about the album but also we're not going to badger John for details about it every waking moment of our lives. New info on the album will surely be released as soon as it's available.
Claxton https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=490548761053897&set=a.219145684860874.45018.219145268194249&type=1&theater

hmmmmmmmm......

or does this refer to HU7....
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=490548761053897&set=a.219145684860874.45018.219145268194249&type=1&theater

hmmmmmmmm......

or does this refer to HU7...

latininxtc
quote:
quote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=490548761053897&set=a.219145684860874.45018.219145268194249&type=1&theater

hmmmmmmmm......

I think that's referring to HU7. But you never know it COULD be about HHU. My opinion on that is that there will be a DVD cd in the next HU album that will highlight a Hardcore Underground event. That would definitely be sweet.
_Jay_
quote:
quote:
quote:

hmmmmmmmm......

I think that's referring to HU7. But you never know it COULD be about HHU. My opinion on that is that there will be a DVD cd in the next HU album that will highlight a Hardcore Underground event. That would definitely be sweet.

Oh God. I'm going to blatantly be on it making a massive cnut of myself.

Craigavon raver
quote:
I wonder how many people forgot about this album or doubting itll ever it happen :xxxx

No def have not forgot about it! I was expecting it to be in the second bundle release this year anyway, so reckon it will be, but what it'll be released with I don't know
AceofSpades_Lorenzo I'm not bragging, just trying to get you guys "hyped",I kinda know few bits about things coming from HU including
this album; you guys will know soon enough :D,you guys wont be disappointed
latininxtc
quote:
I'm not bragging, just trying to get you guys "hyped",I kinda know few bits about things coming from HU including
this album; you guys will know soon enough :D,you guys wont be disappointed

not bragging, yet comes on here and shares the fact that you have information we don't have. Ok Mr. consider buying yourself a dictionary and reading it!
AceofSpades_Lorenzo I swore on HU2 :(
latininxtc
quote:
I swore on HU2 :(

I'm not asking you to tell us I know as much as you do. Just saying that you are in fact bragging and gloating.
AceofSpades_Lorenzo I need to stop posting on here when im overwhelmed with emotions which causes me to say things the wrong way & be misunderstood
latininxtc
quote:
I need to stop posting on here when im overwhelmed with emotions which causes me to say things the wrong way & be misunderstood

nah you're good. This isn't really anything over emotional. We've seen a couple of those from you in the past!
CDJay Now, now, play nice kids.

There's no secrecy needed, not for long anyway.

The event is tied in with a "Live" HU album, titled "Live At Rehab".

It's also a HHU launch party.

There are two rooms.

Simple maths

CDJay
CDJay Oh and we'll definitely be filming, just with no real specific agenda in mind. Fetishists and the found far flung might get interviewed, but at the same time we may be too wrapped up in both the event and the album.

Oh, very notably, that artwork is in the start of the thread is definitely changing.

CDJay
_Jay_
quote:
Oh and we'll definitely be filming, just with no real specific agenda in mind. Fetishists and the found far flung might get interviewed, but at the same time we may be too wrapped up in both the event and the album.

Is Essex far flung enough?

latininxtc
quote:
Oh and we'll definitely be filming, just with no real specific agenda in mind. Fetishists and the found far flung might get interviewed

ooh interviews nice! If you do that, make sure you catch Jay in his... prime!
don_simon3000 i nearly forgot about it no joke
Craigavon raver
quote:
Oh and we'll definitely be filming, just with no real specific agenda in mind. Fetishists and the found far flung might get interviewed, but at the same time we may be too wrapped up in both the event and the album.

Oh, very notably, that artwork is in the start of the thread is definitely changing.

CDJay

Really! don't see the need to change it myself, I think its class, and would be probably your best artwork of all the cds and albums you've released
CDJay LOOK WE'VE CONFIRMED STUFF!!!!!

CD1 - Unmixed things, including oft-requested stuff like Higher Love/Here I Am/Groove Control remixes

CD2 - Mixed by Vibes & Chwhynny

CD3 - Mixed by Bananaman & DJ Storm

Released May '14.

Now, everyone should make smiley faces on their pancakes using icing sugar or similar!

CDJay
Captain Triceps
quote:
LOOK WE'VE CONFIRMED STUFF!!!!!

CD1 - Unmixed things, including oft-requested stuff like Higher Love/Here I Am/Groove Control remixes

CD2 - Mixed by Vibes & Chwhynny

CD3 - Mixed by Bananaman & DJ Storm

Released May '14.

Now, everyone should make smiley faces on their pancakes using icing sugar or similar!

CDJay

*Raises hand*
It's probably bloody obvious. But two mixed CDs are going to contain way more tracks then would be on one unmixed disc. Will the tracks not on the first CD be releases on other labels etc? I'd hate to think they would to be resigned to oblivion.
Are they all remixes of happy hardcore classics, or some originals?
The mix CD line up looks absolutely blinding, by the way!
CDJay We haven't really worked out what will happen to stuff that doesn't feature on the unmixed CD. There's both remixes *and* stuff in a happy hardcore vein. Chwhynny's knocked up a pengo styled track, Darwin's done some big kick stuff etc. I'd guess some of the original stuff might end up on a future "DJ Tools". We'll see how it stacks up; there's some duplication as tracks that have been previously released are present on the mix CDs (Popcorn remix, Techno around the world remix, Love Life & Happiness remixes for example)

It's already looking very cool, largely because we've let it come together organically rather than hastily hurling out a digital bundle as originally planned.

Score one for procrastination!

CDJay
Captain Triceps I'm very eager to hear this! Happy hardcore was always my favourite of all the different styles, and I've loved what I've heard in the past, Popcorn, Stay With Me, Toytown, Techno Round The World, Rush Hour, those types of remixes. Someone did a remix of Dream Factory a couple of years back but it was a freebie, would be nice to hear on this anyway.

Nice one, CDJay!
latininxtc
quote:

Chwhynny's knocked

Hah! Good old Jon! lol kidding of course

As far as the album goes, looks promising. Should be interesting to hear the Vibes and Chwhynny album. Never heard Chwhynny mix before and the albums that I have Vibes mix were just ok, wasn't that blown away by his mixes on albums. Should be a great album!
arpz I learnt how to say Chwhynny thanks to the latest HU Podcast, this is definitely a positive thing.
Captain Triceps I learnt on USH, when she explained it was like the sound you make when bringing a load of phlegm to the back of your throat, or something along them lines...
arpz Hm, maybe F or D (don't recall who) taught me a bastardised version then because I heard 'Quinny' lol
fakka13k I hereby pledge to buy this album on cd and deffinatly on vinyl if u choose to release it!
fakka13k Triple J - Here I Am (Al Storm Remix)
is this supposed to be have it all? Wasnt aware triple J did here I am
CDJay Al Storm has remixed "Have It All"

Fracus & Darwin had remixed "Here I Am". Fascinatingly, you can actually reliably discern what that bit of the vocal says (Eternally )

CDJay
djDMS
quote:
Al Storm has remixed "Have It All"

Fracus & Darwin had remixed "Here I Am". Fascinatingly, you can actually reliably discern what that bit of the vocal says (Eternally )

CDJay

I never understood why so many people couldn't work it out.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Al Storm has remixed "Have It All"

CDJay

I never understood why so many people couldn't work it out.

I think, when you're young especially, lyrics like "I want you inside of me" and such, don't sound quite as unlikely. It's easy to mishear that lyric, I certainly did, but when it was clarified I never hear anything different.
djDMS That's my problem, i've never been young!
Dys7 :(
DJ_FunDaBounce I think it has to do with how it was musically phrased. The way (most?) people say "Eternally" is not equally emphazised as it is in that song. Anywhoo, same thing happened to me with F&S - Field of Dreams, when it says: "your touch supplies my energy" I used to hear "your blood supplies..."
Then came along the breeze n styles mix and cleared that up!

It took 2.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page