Radio listeners 159+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Great electronic album

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Lensherr I thought we could share the albums we liked or enjoyed, album meaning no compilation, it's rare to talk about album with electronic music I've noticed, but there are quite a lot of them actually; ex :
Scooter - Wicked!
Tiesto - In my memory
Darude - before the storm ( I'm not sure I had enjoyed as much as I think, nostalgia blabla )
Kai tracid - trance and acid
Sash! - trilenium

nantk basshunter the old shit

basshunter lol (first version)

and all andy blueman?s EP
Lensherr I even liked a lot bass generation, but saying that on this forum can leads to flaming toward the artist. :p
Samination depending on what is considered to electronic(a), these are the albums I like:

Scooter - Rough and Tough and Dangerous - The Singles 94-98 (best of collection)
Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Parts 1 to 7)
Daft Punk - DISCOvery
Galbatron - Robotica
Royksopp - The Understanding
Royksopp - Junior
Trio Tetris - Heavy Elevator
latininxtc Some of the older albums I loved were

Eiffel 65- Europop
Aqua- Aquarium
Aqua- Aquarius
Vengaboys

Sure they were a cheesy bunch, but I honestly found their stuff well put together, and some of them pretty eclectic.
Lensherr That's the kind of answers I was awaiting, great albums choice! Cheesy album is nice too.
Triquatra BT - This Binary Universe
BT - Movement In Still Life (UK Special Edition)
DJ Quicksilver - Quicksilver
ATB - Movin' Melodies
Infected Mushroom - Legend of The Black Shawarma
Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians
Quicksilver I'm confused as to what you would define as "electronic", you've listed techno and trance albums there as well as "pure" electronic music (now I know there is no such genre as "electronic" but when I hear "electronic" I think of the albums I've listed below, most of them electronic pop):

I'm a huge fan of Goldfrapp, so pretty much all their albums but their electronic ones are Black Cherry, Supernature and Head First. Supernature is my least fave of those but possibly their most electronic album.

Others that I can think of at the moment:

Eisbrecher - Eisbrecher / Antik?rper (their two first are the two best albums, Eisbrecher being more electronic, Antik?rper being more metal)
The Knife - Silent Shout
Kreidler - Kreidler (some absolute lush tunes from that album, a pretty unknown German act, check out "Mnemorex" and "Circles")
Leftfield - Leftism / Rhythm & Stealth
Lost Signal - Catharsis
R?yksopp - The Understanding
Triquatra I just took it to mean dance music, I didn't/don't own many artist albums most of the stuff I have is compilations and single downloads
Lensherr Electronic music is music that employs electronic musical instruments and electronic music technology in its production.
Here is an interesting extensive list of electronic musical genre : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electronic_music_genres
Just found it, pretty interesting, some genres I need to go deeper into !

Yea, electronic music listeners tend to listen more to the compilations than to the albums of the artists, probably because it usually is more EP or album with only 1 song and 10 remix of the same songs, but I feel like there are a lot of very good albums that are forgotten, that is why I made this thread, it's hard to find these albums just by searching on google, forum is beast for such quest !
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Lensherr:
Electronic music is music that employs electronic musical instruments and electronic music technology in its production.

So, anything since the introduction of the electric guitar? =P
Lensherr I agree with you mate, that's why I posted a link of the genre just below, with electronic music, it's not easy to differenciate everything! I hope it's clear enough tho.

I'm gonna add :

Alice deejay - Who needs guitars anyway?

I love that album.
Quicksilver But with that definition, I can pretty much write 85% of my album collection. :P
Josephson_Junction Klute - Music For Prophet

Astralasia - The Seven Pointed Star
Filteria - Sky Input

Abakus - That Much Closer To The Sun
Global Communication - Remotion
Chicane - Behind The Sun
Honeyroot - Sound Echo Location
Lensherr
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
Klute - Music For Prophet
Paradox Presents: The Age Of Outsiders Vol. 2 *
Paradox Presents: The Age Of Outsiders Vol. 3 *

Astralasia - The Seven Pointed Star
Filteria - Sky Input

Abakus - That Much Closer To The Sun
Chapterhouse - Remotion *
Chicane - Behind The Sun
Honeyroot - Sound Echo Location *

Each of these, at most, have only one song on them that I either dislike or don't see anything special in. An asterisk means I love every song on the album.

Gonna take a look into your suggestions, but It was meant to be 'no compilation'.

SpiritWolf
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:

Filteria - Sky Input

I see you liked my recommendation :P

but adding to this:

Shpongle - Are You Shpongled? ‎
Shpongle - Tales Of The Inexpressible
Ott ‎- Skylon
Ultraform - Sense Your Mind
kors k - disconation
Teranoid & MC Natsack ‎- Teranoid Underground Edition
Chi-A.D. ‎- Virtual Spirit
Chi-A.D. ‎- Anno Domini
Zircon - Antigravity
DJ D-Luc-D DJ Shimamura - TRAX has to be one of the best things I own, ELEKTRONIX is awesome too.

If I said that I really used to love the old Clubland albums (up until about the 14th/15th lol) would that be bad? :P
xD
Lensherr well clubland are compilation, personally, I really liked the first 3 or 4, but I hadn't had the time to listen to the rest yet.
latininxtc What about mixed albums? like the Hardcore Undergrounds 1-6?
Lensherr These are compilations :p Nice suggestion none of the less.
latininxtc
quote:
These are compilations :p Nice suggestion none of the less.

umm no, they're album mixes. Compilations are a bunch of songs compiled together that aren't mixed together. It's like the NOW CDs or best of dream dance cds, or like the regular clubland cds. So you are also not admitting MIXED albums as well.
Lensherr I guess I meant solo album, yea.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

umm no, they're album mixes. Compilations are a bunch of songs compiled together that aren't mixed together. It's like the NOW CDs or best of dream dance cds, or like the regular clubland cds. So you are also not admitting MIXED albums as well.

nah, the world still considers various artists albums that are mixed to still be compilations dude.

Just click "compilations" on any site where you buy cds, you'll notice that they include mixed and partially mixed cds.

Why all this bluntness and passive agressivness towards what was an innocent question?
it's not like you're going to be fined if you give the wrong answer.

Lensherr Gonna add :
Alek Szehala - Xochitlan
Cygnus X ‎- Hypermetrical
Dance 2 Trance ‎- Moon Spirits
Hard2Get
quote:
If I said that I really used to love the old Clubland albums (up until about the 14th/15th lol) would that be bad? :P
xD

Yes. But 1-3 are good!
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
xD

Yes. But 1-3 are good!

Haha xD They kind of define a period of my childhood though (obviously I'm still really going through childhood, but I mean a lot earlier on), so they mean something to me when I look back to about the age of 10 or 11, plus I doubt I would have found hardcore if I didn't listen to Clubland first :D
Lensherr I have heard only bad opinions on the HARDCORE clubland compilations tho.
The Dopeman
quote:
I have heard only bad opinions on the HARDCORE clubland compilations tho.

1-3 were great...the rest were...well a bit shit tbh the last 3 have been utter shit apart from the odd good track here and there
latininxtc Actually MOST people on this site hated 3.

#4 in my opinion, and many as well, was much better, and it was far better received. I loathed Breeze's CD on there b/c it had Storm yelling out "it's all about clubland" on each and every damn track it was obnoxious. That and the tracklist wasn't all that great.
Brian K prodigy - experience, music for the jilted generation
fat boy slim - you've come a long way, baby
chemical brothers - dig your own hole
daft punk - homework
faithless - reverence
moby - moby
Lilley Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom
- Converting Vegetarians
- The gathering, but not so much.
Sparrowsound - Free to a good home
Prodigy - Music for the Jilted Generation
Moby - Play
- Wait for me
Daft Punk - Alive 2007

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page