Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HTID In The Sun 2014

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
HollowRipper Oh it's on!

http://www.htidinthesun.com/

Not gonna lie, i'm actually really excited about this already!

Sixth year in a row, bring it on!
latininxtc That UV Paint foam party sounds badass, and finally an actual beach party, which according to them won't be silent disco, which is great. Hopefully I get my shit together and make my way back there!
The drunken scotsman Actually quite dissapointed that they won't just be doing a weekend event next year as was rumoured. If I do go next year it will only be for the weekend. Beach party looks like it could be good though. Hope it doesn't get cancelled at the last minute like the advertised silent disco on the beach from last year.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Actually quite dissapointed that they won't just be doing a weekend event next year as was rumoured. If I do go next year it will only be for the weekend. Beach party looks like it could be good though. Hope it doesn't get cancelled at the last minute like the advertised silent disco on the beach from last year.

Yea true I would have hoped to see a weekender instead of a full 7 days, but you never know things could happen between now and the beginning of presales. I'll have to see if it's even worth the trouble for me to get it on 99 quid presale seeing as how you can no longer resell your ticket later on. Do they issue refunds for those that are no longer going to attend though?

If I plan on returning I want to spend some of my time in England, so hopefully they could release a day-by-day lineup a week, maybe 2 weeks in advanced to see which days I am willing to skip out and spend more time in the UK, that is if I could not currently get a full 2 weeks off from whatever job I hope to have atm.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Actually quite dissapointed that they won't just be doing a weekend event next year as was rumoured. If I do go next year it will only be for the weekend. Beach party looks like it could be good though. Hope it doesn't get cancelled at the last minute like the advertised silent disco on the beach from last year.

Yea true I would have hoped to see a weekender instead of a full 7 days, but you never know things could happen between now and the beginning of presales. I'll have to see if it's even worth the trouble for me to get it on 99 quid presale seeing as how you can no longer resell your ticket later on. Do they issue refunds for those that are no longer going to attend though?

If I plan on returning I want to spend some of my time in England, so hopefully they could release a day-by-day lineup a week, maybe 2 weeks in advanced to see which days I am willing to skip out and spend more time in the UK, that is if I could not currently get a full 2 weeks off from whatever job I hope to have atm.

I'm sure they were offering refunds to people before this years event as there were a few pissed off Gabba heads who didn't want to go after the line up was released a couple of months before the event. Better to check that with Htid first though.
Can't see them releasing a day by day line up to be honest because that's what the lanyards are for, which is a actually quite a farce. They should be giving us a day by day line up on the flyer and printing the set times on the lanyards like they used to. Apparently the reason for this is because people were only coming out for the sets they wanted to see (how dare they!) and the club was empty for a lot of sets. My view is that people will leave if a dj they don't particularly like is on anyway regardless if they have set times or not. That's just the nature of Htid in the sun because you can come and go as you please. Maybe they'll start locking everyone in the club all night next lol.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe they'll start locking everyone in the club all night next lol.

Yea that will completely alienate their whole clientele seeing as how they're out of their f**king minds to do that and force us to buy 5 euro water and 10 euro shittyass drinks that the bar c**ts have no clue how to make. My guess is that Spain doesn't require people to get a bartender license to serve drinks.
Claxton They used to announce the line-up over 6months in advance. Now you're lucky if it is 2 months in advance.
Audio Warfare Done 6 years in a row now but we will be skipping this one. Time to go and visit some other countries me thinks! Mexico or Malaysia next year. 8)

Nice that they have a beach party though! They had one a few years back but it was just a club that was on the beach that had the DJ's/sound system etc. which isn't a proper beach party IMO. :P Still good fun mind.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
They used to announce the line-up over 6months in advance. Now you're lucky if it is 2 months in advance.

Yeah used to be so much more organised. Its a bit shit selling tickets north of ?100 but not telling anyone who they'll be seeing until a couple of months before. Sure its HTID In the sun and you can expect to see all the usual suspects but look what happened for this years event when they decided not to do a gabba and techno room.
Also they used to give set times on their flyers for normal events. I used to love that because you could plan your night well in advance. Now all they give you is a line up of whos playing (like most other promoters), don't even say whos doing kick off or morning glory.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Done 6 years in a row now but we will be skipping this one. Time to go and visit some other countries me thinks! Mexico or Malaysia next year. 8)

Nice that they have a beach party though! They had one a few years back but it was just a club that was on the beach that had the DJ's/sound system etc. which isn't a proper beach party IMO. :P Still good fun mind.

Ooh if you go to Mexico please let me know! I was just there recently in Cancun and south of it and I can tell you that it is still a completely safe area! I can definitely give you places to check out and tips on there as well.
Sc@r Well count me in for 2014. I totally enjoyed it out there this year and for the past 6 years :)
latininxtc If there is a slim chance that I could even make it out to this I might consider cutting my time there short and make my way to Defqon.1 in Holland/The Netherlands during that weekend. Really definitely interested in having the Defqon experience it looks like one insane festival!

Hopefully if I'm lucky maybe do 2 week vacation again and check out The Netherlands as well, especially if Defqon falls the weekend after HTID ITS ends.
_Jay_ I might try and go for it this year. First timer!
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
I might try and go for it this year. First timer!

Jay if its possible you really have to mate. Needs to be experienced at least once. Me and the mrs have decided to go for the weekend next year so hopefully we'll see you out there!!
_Jay_ If I've got the money, I'll definitely look to do it. :-)

Be good to meet up and get trollied, as well :-)
The drunken scotsman
quote:
If I've got the money, I'll definitely look to do it. :-)

Be good to meet up and get trollied, as well :-)

Or even just do the weekend like us, save a few hundred quid. Try to do the week if possible though :-)

Yes would be amazing mate, finally get to meet the strange man who's been grooming me on the internet haha ;-)
_Jay_
quote:
Yes would be amazing mate, finally get to meet the strange man who's been grooming me on the internet haha ;-)

Ha ha ha ha!! You'd be surprised how often something like that gets said to me!
Darts I think I'll probably pop over for this next year, I don't take enough holidays
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:

Ha ha ha ha!! You'd be surprised how often something like that gets said to me!

djDMS Don't kid yourself Jay, it's no surprise to anybody.

I've never told anybody this before, but the first time i met Jay i had an undercover team from The News of the world on standby in case anything untoward happened.
_Jay_ Ha ha ha! Jokes!

Jesus, what a messy bloody night that was!
djDMS A perfect introduction to 'the world of Jay'.

Truly memorable night, yet i remember virtually nothing about the music!
_Jay_ Ha ha! A pretty accurate microcosm of what was to come!

I remember Sy's set being absolutely mental. Then I accidentally took some unspeakables and it all went down hill from there! Next thing I know, I'm ordering a cab from Peterborough to Essex.
Warnman I hope I'll have a flat until than and my company is succesfull to hire some more longbreathed employees to feel safe leaving my colleague during this time next year.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I hope I'll have a flat until than and my company is succesfull to hire some more longbreathed employees to feel safe leaving my colleague during this time next year.

Yes, every business needs a few longbreathed employees!
nantk is it possible to go from spain? I?ll have college exams so wont be able to go tho
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by nantk:
is it possible to go from spain? I?ll have college exams so wont be able to go tho

I don't get your question. The event is in Lloret De Mar, Spain, so for you being in Spain it's easier. But yes it is hard if you have college exams the same time. It's a whole week not sure when your exams end.
Audio Warfare
quote:
quote:
Done 6 years in a row now but we will be skipping this one. Time to go and visit some other countries me thinks! Mexico or Malaysia next year. 8)

Ooh if you go to Mexico please let me know! I was just there recently in Cancun and south of it and I can tell you that it is still a completely safe area! I can definitely give you places to check out and tips on there as well.

Will do mate. :) Not sure where we will head there mind, we would both like to see some of the old Mayan ruins if we can. More interested in seeing/doing things than just laying on a beach.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

Will do mate. :) Not sure where we will head there mind, we would both like to see some of the old Mayan ruins if we can. More interested in seeing/doing things than just laying on a beach.

definitely understand and that's what my cousin and I did, a mixture of both of them. I can tell you right now your best bet would be to fly to Cancun and take the ADO (bus) to Tulum and stay there. They have some really nice beaches, it's relatively safe from the rest of Mexico and the drug cartel, and it's also really close to the Mayan ruins in Tulum, as well as a not-to-far taxi ride to Gran Cenote and Koba. It's also much closer to Chichen Itza than if you were to take the ADO from Cancun, which I did.
Audio Warfare Thanks, that's great to know! Will definitely look into that, sounds spot on for us really. Hopefully there is plenty places to try some authentic Mexican food too.
latininxtc
quote:
Thanks, that's great to know! Will definitely look into that, sounds spot on for us really. Hopefully there is plenty places to try some authentic Mexican food too.

Yea Tulum has been gaining a bit more tourism, but from what I saw you will still get more of an authentic Mexican town than the majority of Cancun.

By the way just checked to see the distance between Tulum and Chichen Itza and it really isn't that much closer than Cancun would be. I will say though I highly suggest you spend at least one night in Chichen Itza, because there's a really cool light show that is played for those who are spending the night at the nearby hotels. But definitely book one of the two hotels that are extremely close to the 2nd entrance to Chichen Itza, because the others are about a 5-10min walk and I don't know how dark it gets around those parts so I wouldn't want you to run into trouble.

Also I just remembered there's another Mayan ruins that are less explored, and may be one of the few you can actually climb. It's Ek Balam, and it's located a few minutes north of Valladolid, which is a town 30mins east from Chichen Itza, heading back towards Cancun. I didn't have time to go there, but I hear it is very well worth it. Like I said so far last I checked it's the only mayan ruins you can actually climb. Coba (or Koba), chichen itza, the ruins in Cancun (which weren't that big but still they were nice) and in Tulum you are no longer allowed to climb at all.

Oh and definitely try and go a couple of weeks before or after Easter. Try and avoid the summer if you can as it will be at its most crowded, and that's also hurricane season for the gulf.
_Jay_
I have a second interview for a job tomorrow. If I get it, I'm all over this.

The drunken scotsman Good luck in your interview mate, don't fcuk it up! Lol.
Warnman I feel the reason why Jay pushed exactly this thread...
_Jay_
quote:
Good luck in your interview mate, don't fcuk it up! Lol.

I didn't! I got the job. Start on Monday. :-)

quote:
I feel the reason why Jay pushed exactly this thread...

Why's that Warnman?! You've lost me!
Warnman
quote:

Big HHC.com-meet-up at HTID in The Sun 2014.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

Big HHC.com-meet-up at HTID in The Sun 2014.

sadly doesn't look like it'll be that big. With ben and school going on, me still unemployed and Gary probably sick to death of HTID ITS after going to all of them already, think it'll just be jay, hollowripper and the drunkenscotsman. But he will certainly meet a lot of nice and friendly bunch up there, so he'll have the time of his life with or without us.
_Jay_

Lads, when do tickets normally go on sale, roughly?
The drunken scotsman
quote:

Lads, when do tickets normally go on sale, roughly?

According to some on the HTID In the Sun facebook page it will be sometime this month. Sure they usually do a very big discount if you buy before new year. Like ?99 for the whole week which is a steal. Nothing to stop you booking your flights and accommodation now (unless you don't have any money obv :-p)

Glad to see this is happening for you mate. You'll love it!
_Jay_
Cheers Jimbo!

Yes, I can't ****ing WAIT man. Absolutely 100% MegaPumpe!!
The drunken scotsman Yaaas!! Lol il hopefully be over for the weekend. You looked at apartments/hotels yet?
_Jay_

Not yet brother, no. But I am pretty sure I'll have plenty of time to do that this weekend after recovering from Friday night at Stomp!, in Leeds. :-)

The drunken scotsman Good good. I'd recommend the Blau Apartments where I stayed last year. It's directly across the road from collosos and was fairly cheap. If you decide to stay there make sure you book on travel republic as last year it was half the price of any other site I looked on. Although if you're looking for refuge away from all the messy ravers then I'd advise against it as the place gets taken over by them during HTID.

Also if you can afford it I'd advise going a day early and staying a day later than the event runs. And try to get flights to and from Girona airport. When we went in 2012 we naively flew into Barcalona airport on the day/night Htid started. We got held up in the airport for ages and it took 2 hours to get to our hotel, so just made it to the club for kick off by a ball hair and severely stressed out. Countered this by drinking at a god like pace and safe to say I don't remember much about that night lol. This year was much more relaxed as we got there much earlier in the day and got to see one of the best sets of the week from DJ C doing the warm up set.
latininxtc
quote:

And try to get flights to and from Girona airport. When we went in 2012 we naively flew into Barcalona airport on the day/night Htid started. We got held up in the airport for ages and it took 2 hours to get to our hotel, so just made it to the club for kick off by a ball hair and severely stressed out.

I completely agree with this. I was flying in from the US and I had no choice but to land in BCN. And what a pain, at that point of getting to the bus to Lloret I've already been awake for almost 30hrs since I could not sleep on the flight over there. And yes it took roughly 2hrs because there are so many little stops that the bus makes along the way to Lloret. I didn't even get a chance to take a quick powernap after unpacking, getting my room together for a week, eating, and showering for the night. I think had I even taken that nap I would've just flatout missed the first night lol.

Aren't Blau apts pricey? Most people don't even do the apartments unless they're gonna go with a whole group of people. And some people do Flamingo because it's right across from the club, but most ppl say it's a shithole. I stayed at Bella Dolores, which cost me about 180 quid for 7 days. It's very basic and doesn't have any real amenities or a restaurant just a small coffee shop I think, but it was the best location to get away from all the commotion. You can even sleep during the day with no problem, it's not that loud of an area. Plus, the beach is like a 10 second walk from the hotel. Booking.com was where I booked for it.
The drunken scotsman There are cheaper options than the blau apartments but as I said booking them on Travel Republic cut the price in half from any other website I looked on. Can't remember what price we payed but I don't think it was as much as what you payed. The rooms were pretty basic but all the main features were there. Tv, air con, wi-fi, fridge, microwave etc. think the main attraction was the fact that it was so close to the club. In 2012 I stayed at the royal star hotel which was a 10-15 minute walk from the club, this gets quite annoying as the week goes on. I think most apartments/hotels are generally shite in lloret but Blau was best of a bad bunch from what I've stayed in.
Samination
quote:

Not yet brother, no. But I am pretty sure I'll have plenty of time to do that this weekend after recovering from Friday night at Stomp!, in Leeds. :-)

Me and Warnman will make sure you dont ;)
latininxtc
quote:
There are cheaper options than the blau apartments but as I said booking them on Travel Republic cut the price in half from any other website I looked on. Can't remember what price we payed but I don't think it was as much as what you payed.

I'm looking over at the Blau apts and right now for 7 days it's listed as 550 quid. Even half of that, it's still more than what I paid. Still, for 60 quid more to have a microwave, kitchen and fridge would be nice. But I sure as hell was not planning on cooking anything for myself since I was in vacation mode haha. And my hotel was about a 5ish minute walk from the club, depending on how fast or slow you walked.

There was an apt that was directly in front of the hotel that had rooms with a beach view. I'll check out and see what the name of that place is.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
There are cheaper options than the blau apartments but as I said booking them on Travel Republic cut the price in half from any other website I looked on. Can't remember what price we payed but I don't think it was as much as what you payed.

I'm looking over at the Blau apts and right now for 7 days it's listed as 550 quid. Even half of that, it's still more than what I paid. Still, for 60 quid more to have a microwave, kitchen and fridge would be nice. But I sure as hell was not planning on cooking anything for myself since I was in vacation mode haha. And my hotel was about a 5ish minute walk from the club, depending on how fast or slow you walked.

There was an apt that was directly in front of the hotel that had rooms with a beach view. I'll check out and see what the name of that place is.

Am I right in saying you stayed on your own? I went with my mrs so maybe the cost was lower for us. Ie a higher price in total but divided by 2 = much cheapness? Lol I really can't remember how much we paid but I remember thinking it was reasonably cheap.

Yeah we didn't make food for ourselves but the fridge was very handy for keeping the beers chilled :-D
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

Am I right in saying you stayed on your own? I went with my mrs so maybe the cost was lower for us. Ie a higher price in total but divided by 2 = much cheapness? I really can't remember how much we paid but I remember thinking it was reasonably cheap.

Yes I did stay on my own. The way that hotel worked is it was a set price per person I think. I actually had a Canadian friend I made there stay in my hotel room b/c he thought he was running out of money and checked out of his place, so the last few days he moved in with me at like 30 euros a day or maybe less than that, can't remember. Right now I'm looking at it as 136 quid for a room with 1 person, and 273 for 2 people at the hotel I stayed at for next year's HTID ITS date. The price has drastically gone down since I was there 2 years ago.

Either way, it is definitely cheaper to get an apt with a bunch of other people since you split the cost of the whole place, and you have a whole kitchen with a fridge and microwave. Personally I like my space so I wouldn't want to share a place with more than 1 other person, especially if that one other person was someone I was in a relationship with. Besides, why the hell would you want to even spend too much time in the apt/hotel room when you've got bars, beach, and bitches all over the place? :)
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

Me and Warnman will make sure you dont ;)

Claxton If both finances and school are going REALLY well, I might try to nip over for the weekend for this one.

Long shot like but we will see!
latininxtc
quote:
If both finances and school are going REALLY well, I might try to nip over for the weekend for this one.

Long shot like but we will see!

Would be sweet for you to do that. I just hope they still have a decent lineup and someone who knows how to close down an event those last few days. I think whoever did the weekend only last year were severely cheated of an epic weekend.
DJ SMALOUM i'm very impatient
latininxtc Well I'm not doing it this year, but my goal is definitely for Ravers Ibiza! It's actually very doable for me since I can get the flight for free minus airport fees and whatnot. That would save me about 1,000 right there.
Trones Ill be there, working on getting a crew together.
_Jay_
I'm massively undecided now with the Ravers thing later in the year.

Do you think HTID's atmosphere will be reduced if the attendance is effected by Ravers? I don't want my first raving-holiday experience to be reduced because of an under-attended event.

The drunken scotsman HTID ITS has been under attended for at least the last two years mate. Although I have to say the atmosphere is usually great with or without a large crowd. I'm sure the ravers Ibiza event will reduce the attendance further this year.
The scene is far too small for 2 overseas events like this within months of each other. Promoters should be working together instead of a new one popping up and trying to take business from the other.
I said it last year that HTID ITS needed freshening up but I'd still rather go to that than ravers just because of the principal... That and the fact that MC Keyes is an arrogant wank.
If both promoters worked together and moved HTID to Ibiza that would make a much better event imo.
latininxtc
quote:
HTID ITS has been under attended for at least the last two years mate. Although I have to say the atmosphere is usually great with or without a large crowd. I'm sure the ravers Ibiza event will reduce the attendance further this year.
The scene is far too small for 2 overseas events like this within months of each other. Promoters should be working together instead of a new one popping up and trying to take business from the other.
I said it last year that HTID ITS needed freshening up but I'd still rather go to that than ravers just because of the principal... That and the fact that MC Keyes is an arrogant wank.
If both promoters worked together and moved HTID to Ibiza that would make a much better event imo.

While that is true that promoters need to work together, it's pretty obvious that HTID is the promoter who isn't trying at all to work with anyone else. Announcing an HTID USA event and a possible HTID Australia event, and leaving HU in the dark about it is rather a slap in the face. HU has had gigs in the past in the US and Canada, even having a traditional HU night at least once a year in Toronto for the last couple of years. And they're having a small US tour coming up this year in the US as well.

Regardless of what an arrogant prick and a godawful MC Keyes is, an event like Raver's Ibiza AND Ibiza Goes Hard are prime examples of HTID unwilling to listen and work with others besides the same djs they always work with.
_Jay_
quote:
While that is true that promoters need to work together, it's pretty obvious that HTID is the promoter who isn't trying at all to work with anyone else. Announcing an HTID USA event and a possible HTID Australia event, and leaving HU in the dark about it is rather a slap in the face. HU has had gigs in the past in the US and Canada, even having a traditional HU night at least once a year in Toronto for the last couple of years. And they're having a small US tour coming up this year in the US as well.

Regardless of what an arrogant prick and a godawful MC Keyes is, an event like Raver's Ibiza AND Ibiza Goes Hard are prime examples of HTID unwilling to listen and work with others besides the same djs they always work with.

Not really sure I'm following. Yeah, it's a nice thought that ideally promoters work together for the good of the scene - but it's a bit harsh to slag off promoters that don't.

Rodz90
quote:
quote:

Not really sure I'm following. Yeah, it's a nice thought that ideally promoters work together for the good of the scene - but it's a bit harsh to slag off promoters that don't.

Personally i think you can if the end result is a show from that promoter that isn't good.

HTID ITS line up this year is by far the worst i've seen out of them all. Whereas Ravers Ibiza already appear to be working with more brands which may result in a better event.

Some might say HTID don't want to lose the position of being the conglomerate of Hardcore.
Sc@r
quote:

No dates have been announced yet for the USA one and the HTID Australia, USA, Germany, Canada, Spain & Sweden are groups on facebook to help bring the crews who do come to HTID in the sun talk as theres always a large group from these countries who come every year. no event has been announced in OZ, Canada, Germany or Sweden etc

I dont get what HU has to do with HTID though? Both Fracus and Darwin are both booked for HTID in the Sun this year as like every year, HTID have them regularly on their line ups.

As for the Keyes comment, Behind the scenes Lambert has actually met up with Keyes in the past to try sort out joint events, politics and let him know of dates and used to book him for years, but he still does events every 2-3 weeks regardless of what any other event is doing So what goes on line, there is alot behind the scenes that goes on to try make the scene work that people don't actually see.
Rodz90
quote:
Originally posted by Sc@r:
quote:

there is alot behind the scenes that goes on to try make the scene work that people don't actually see.

Give examples asides from the Keyes reference, what have HTID done to support brands such as I Love Hardbeats and Hardcore Underground asides from booking artists?

From a personal perspective one of the worst things you can do is comment on here about stuff like this, we know that you're engaged with somebody from HTID so it gives off the impression of being biased.

Sc@r
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:

Give examples asides from the Keyes reference, what have HTID done to support brands such as I Love Hardbeats and Hardcore Underground asides from booking artists?

From a personal perspective one of the worst things you can do is comment on here about stuff like this, we know that you're engaged with somebody from HTID so it gives off the impression of being biased.

they have sent out FREE eflyers and advertisement for Hardcore Underground (every album they have release), I Love Hard Beats and even Rebuilds albums and promoted them on their facebook walls/twitter etc whenever they have asked without payment and to help them with their advertisement plus other labels and many artists mixes or podcasts when they have been asked - klubfiller, gammer, rough tempo etc

yeah I might be engaged to someone who works for HTID but I also see first hand how much hard work, dedication and love that goes into their events. So I might be biased on the fact I support alot of what they do, theres also some things that I don't. I do usually stay out of my partners work, like he stays out of my career unless I see unfair rumours etc

latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

there is alot behind the scenes that goes on to try make the scene work that people don't actually see.

lmao wow I can't believe someone took it there.

While I won't deny that the thought had crossed my mind a couple of times, it's pretty clear that Sc@r relies on her own merits for her bookings and success. It also helps that she's one of the very few female UK hardcore djs currently out there who DJs AND produces. She gets booked quite a bit for gigs in North America, currently probably the most out of all the UK hardcore djs. She's an extremely social person and from what I can tell one of the easiest UK Hardcore djs/producers to get along with and work alongside. I think her current relationship did give her a bit of a boost, but after that her success is all her own.
Rodz90
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

lmao wow I can't believe someone took it there.

While I won't deny that the thought had crossed my mind a couple of times, it's pretty clear that Sc@r relies on her own merits for her bookings and success. It also helps that she's one of the very few female UK hardcore djs currently out there who DJs AND produces. She gets booked quite a bit for gigs in North America, currently probably the most out of all the UK hardcore djs. She's an extremely social person and from what I can tell one of the easiest UK Hardcore djs/producers to get along with and work alongside. I think her current relationship did give her a bit of a boost, but after that her success is all her own.

Your mistaking this as an accusation, it's not, it's simply my perspective. I know what your saying and Sc@r actually helps out one of my friends Dave, so yes i'm aware of what she does in the scene and how hard she works.
Elipton I think that speculative comments against the HTID promoters without any foundation are uncalled for. I don't want to sound like I'm having a pop at anyone, but how on earth would any of you know what goes on, or whom talks to to whom?
djDMS Just to play devils advocate slightly.

Why should one company effectively give their business to another who could be considered a rival?

There's a new Sainsburys supermarket opening down the road from me, i'm pretty sure there won't be an aisle of Asda products in it!
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Just to play devils advocate slightly.

Why should one company effectively give their business to another who could be considered a rival?

There's a new Sainsburys supermarket opening down the road from me, i'm pretty sure there won't be an aisle of Asda products in it!

I agree actually. It's always very nice to see events companies working together, but there's no requirement to. No noblesse oblige ethic exists, and why should there be?
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
Just to play devils advocate slightly.

I agree actually. It's always very nice to see events companies working together, but there's no requirement to. No noblesse oblige ethic exists, and why should there be?

Of course there is no obligation for promoters to work together. But in a scene of this size ie. Extremely small, there should definetly be more of an effort to work together. It's nothing like a supermarket war where the customer base is huge. From what scar says it looks like Htid made an effort, but Keyes being the total bell end that he is, went and pushed on regardless.

The end result here is going to be at least one extremely under-attended overseas event. And that's not fair on the people who do attend it.
Sc@r A bit of competition is always healthy its how the person/company deals with the competition that makes or breaks them.
latininxtc So this is starting next week right? Who all is going then?
The drunken scotsman Not me this year. Was only ever going to do the weekend but had to scrap that due to a number of things. A wee bit dissapointed but done it the last 2 years so not too bothered. Haven't really seen much hype or build-up this year but I suppose I've not been going out my way to look for it. Will be very interesting to see what the numbers are like this year.
latininxtc
quote:
Not me this year. Was only ever going to do the weekend but had to scrap that due to a number of things. A wee bit dissapointed but done it the last 2 years so not too bothered. Haven't really seen much hype or build-up this year but I suppose I've not been going out my way to look for it. Will be very interesting to see what the numbers are like this year.

Yes hopefully we have an informant here to fill us in on all the details for this year.

It's still annoying that Raver's Ibiza has yet to release their lineup. They said they would once they've hit 2,000 people attending, yet nothing. Clearly they're still trying to put everything together.
Audio Warfare Gutted I'm not going this year now. :( The only one I've missed is the first one. Think I'll need to avoid Facebook for the week when all the photos start going up etc. haha.
Cyrax am going to this , dont know why though as the majority of sets arent my thing , it will be nice getting wrecked in the sun though.

Jay if you're going to this i'll see you next week !
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:

Sadly not bro beans. :-(

Me and my girlfriend were 100% behind doing it this year. Then Ravers was announced and it threw us completely. Which one do we do? Will the numbers be completely diluted at both? Do we want to risk a couple of grand on an atmosphericless week?

So in the end we decided against it. If Ravers did a weekend package I'd consider it. But to be honest, I'd like to see how the music develops over the next 12 months and have a think about one of the events next year. The basic, electro, minimal mainstream sounds doesn't do it for me - and although I realise there would be varied sets, themed sets, classic sets - I don't fancy it at the moment.

Moving into a place with my girlfriend next week as well, so financially it would have been a nightmare if we'd committed.

Hope you have a very powerful time though man! Are any of the Freeform LADS playing?

Thumpa No none of us are. As Kaylene says HTID have helped me out by sending e-adverts out for my albums etc, but really they should be booking us at events.

Business-wise, if HTID puts on a popular freeform DJ (me, A.B, Douglas etc) on at an event then they are going to appeal to freeform fans who wouldn't necessarily go to a HTID, if they get another 10 people in at their event because they've got a handful of freeform DJs then they are appealing to a bigger market. Granted we are not going to pull another 500 people in but labels like ReBuild and Stamina have a loyal following and I think the freeform lot would go to more big events if there were a few of us on. By not having freeform DJs they are alienating freeform ravers which might otherwise go.

I sent every one of my albums to HTID with a nice cover letter explaining the profits, the reach of the album, the following of the label etc and I've never had a reply, never mind a booking. They are cutting off their nose to spite their face when it comes to freeform, cos us lot are releasing albums, making money and getting new people into the music every week....plus we wouldn't water down our sets like Kev & Sharkz ended up doing near the end. Very sad business.
skarr
quote:
quote:

Me and my girlfriend were 100% behind doing it this year. Then Ravers was announced and it threw us completely. Which one do we do? Will the numbers be completely diluted at both? Do we want to risk a couple of grand on an atmosphericless week?

So in the end we decided against it. If Ravers did a weekend package I'd consider it. But to be honest, I'd like to see how the music develops over the next 12 months and have a think about one of the events next year. The basic, electro, minimal mainstream sounds doesn't do it for me - and although I realise there would be varied sets, themed sets, classic sets - I don't fancy it at the moment.

Moving into a place with my girlfriend next week as well, so financially it would have been a nightmare if we'd committed.

Hope you have a very powerful time though man! Are any of the Freeform LADS playing?

Have you got a girlfriend?
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Have you got a girlfriend?

Yeah. Sorry, should have been clearer.
skarr Yea its just you only mentioned it twice in 1 post so i wasn't too sure.
djDMS I know, i still find it hard to believe too....
latininxtc
quote:
I know, i still find it hard to believe too....

His girlfriend does too
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
Not me this year. Was only ever going to do the weekend but had to scrap that due to a number of things. A wee bit dissapointed but done it the last 2 years so not too bothered. Haven't really seen much hype or build-up this year but I suppose I've not been going out my way to look for it. Will be very interesting to see what the numbers are like this year.

Yes hopefully we have an informant here to fill us in on all the details for this year.

It's still annoying that Raver's Ibiza has yet to release their lineup. They said they would once they've hit 2,000 people attending, yet nothing. Clearly they're still trying to put everything together.

Are they expecting 2000 people to attend? I'd be astonished if they got over half of that. The first ever Htid in the sun had around 2000 in attendance if I rember correctly but that was when hardcore was much more popular than it is now and it was the first event of its kind.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are they expecting 2000 people to attend? I'd be astonished if they got over half of that. The first ever Htid in the sun had around 2000 in attendance if I rember correctly but that was when hardcore was much more popular than it is now and it was the first event of its kind.

damn really? wish i had been aware of HTID ITS during that time and not been afraid to travel alone. Then again I was in summer school that year trying get rid of the last of my basics and saving up for going to college full-time so wasn't the best year to travel. A shame because I had $10,000 saved up at that time too lol

And of course they've got to be completely ****ed out of their minds to think that 2,000 people will really attend the event. That's always an exaggeration, as many ppl who have no intention of going will just click on attending just to keep up with upcoming info released.

They just wanted the attending amount to reach 2,000.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

damn really? wish i had been aware of HTID ITS during that time and not been afraid to travel alone. Then again I was in summer school that year trying get rid of the last of my basics and saving up for going to college full-time so wasn't the best year to travel. A shame because I had $10,000 saved up at that time too lol

And of course they've got to be completely ****ed out of their minds to think that 2,000 people will really attend the event. That's always an exaggeration, as many ppl who have no intention of going will just click on attending just to keep up with upcoming info released.

They just wanted the attending amount to reach 2,000.

In my mind nothing will ever come close to the first HTID ITS, quite literally the best week of my life. I've never felt so good about hardcore as I did after that event. Such an amazing buzz surrounding the event and it didn't disappoint. After the first one I didn't go back until 2012 and even though that was amazing too it was nowhere near as good, or busy. It was clear that the novelty had worn off for a lot of people.

Ah didn't realise it was 2000 people clicking a button on Facebook lol, that explains it.
latininxtc Another thing that's probably a good reason for those who are worried about the atmosphere there being bad, it will definitely be bad the first few hours. When I went in 2012 the Euro Cup was going on, and that's probably the reason for some slow starts on some nights. The 2nd to last night's opening was terrible because England was playing. Hardly anyone was there to hear DJ C's incredible set. The same I'm sure will happen on some nights next week, especially since there's about a 3-4hr difference from Brazil and Spain's time. I wouldn't be surprised if the lineup will certainly reflect that too.
Thumpa HTID In The Sun 2007 was a good 2,000 people I think, it was a wicked weekend! Played speedcore in the techno room and got savagely pissed and stoned all weekend!
_Jay_
quote:
Yea its just you only mentioned it twice in 1 post so i wasn't too sure.

Sorry pal. Do my best to moderate references going forwards.

Cyrax
quote:
quote:

Don't think so unfortunately I should of gone last year , there are still some sets am gonna enjoy, am gonna be out a lot more after this holiday so am sure our paths will cross again
The drunken scotsman So can anyone who is there post the line up for the week? Feeling a wee but gutted I'm not there tbh :-(
latininxtc Yes someone please let us know what the lineup is, to see if they give y'all another shit lineup for the weekend like they did last year.
skarr looks like its kicking off already, from what i can gather Storm isnt turning up and the beach party day has been changed, people not happy haha.
skarr I bet hixxy will need 2 seats on the plane.
latininxtc
quote:
I bet hixxy will need 2 seats on the plane.

Same with Breeze
Claxton I like HTID, have always enjoyed their events and want them to succeed so I hope it goes well. It does however look like HTID's time in hardcore might be coming to an end. I hope not mind!
skarr Storm definately isnt going, to be fair htid should of told people this beforehand as a lot of people will obviously be wanting to see him.
latininxtc On top of MC Storm not being there (big win in my book), the complaints from people already there it looks like it's one chaotic mess. The beach party got switched days without warning, if you didn't get your wristband first day you have to somewhere else to get it, and it looks as though the water park party will begin much later than expected.

and apparently Gammer was the kickoff set, so looks as though he might not even be there for the weekend. But you never know. Wish we had a list of the lineup.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
I like HTID, have always enjoyed their events and want them to succeed so I hope it goes well. It does however look like HTID's time in hardcore might be coming to an end. I hope not mind!

Agreed. Always been my favourite event but they seem to be much less of a force than they once were. It looks like Hixxy has really taken a back seat over the last few years, although he still has a hand in things. This is probably a lot to do with it. Along with the music just not being everyone's cup of tea anymore.

The complaints on the fb page about the event are typical of my experience at ITS in the last couple of years. It feels like the promoters have lost a lot of passion and interest in it. Storm not being there wouldn't really bother me but I can understand why people are frustrated. I'm sure the flyer was done in good faith and they expect everyone named to be there when it was done, but not telling people when these DJ's or Mc's have cancelled/been cancelled is bad form, people pay good money for the event and it's not fair on them.

I think the event has done it's time. It's not a shadow of its former self, time to call it a day.
latininxtc I think being upset over Storm not being there is incredibly ridiculous. He's just an MC, it's not like he was one of the top-tier DJs there. You can have a great time at a rave with no MCs, but you can't even have a rave without DJs.
_Jay_

It does sound quite bad. Whatever happens (i.e. long-term wtih HTID) I hope the week is salvageable for these poor fcuks that are out there now expecting to have an amazing week. Could have so fcuking easily been me.

latininxtc
quote:

It does sound quite bad. Whatever happens (i.e. long-term wtih HTID) I hope the week is salvageable for these poor fcuks that are out there now expecting to have an amazing week. Could have so fcuking easily been me.

glad you decided not to go! I cannot imagine with these complaints already they would make the same mistake twice for next year, if they even decide to do one more, which I can't see that happening. This works in Ravers Ibiza's benefit.
djDMS It'll be a real shame if it turns out to be a poor week.
HollowRipper Only 900 tickets sold apparently, half the raves are in chaplains bar rather than collossos, storm's not there, beach party was moved days.

Still absolutely devastated i'm not there, makes it even worse that the reason we weren't going was because my girlfriend couldn't get this week off. And now she can, and is off for the week.

Be totally gutted if it turns out to be the last one.

Oh well, got now that's what i call hardcore on saturday, should make it a bit easier!

Just gotta look forward to Uproar in the dam now!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by HollowRipper:
Only 900 tickets sold apparently

Do you know how many they sell typically?

P.S. Good to (briefly) see you at HU the other week mate. :-)

arpz "Htid in the sun opening night was fantastic! Easily the most fun I've ever had playing in Collossus. I know the 'no-mc' sets aren't for everyone but the ravers seemed to be vibing well
Highlights include Andy Whitbys idea of 'let's just drink Til we get picked up at 4:30am' and then us suffering on the floor of Girona airport at 6pm questioning why we thought it was a good idea
Sad to be home already. Hope everyone has a great week!"

latininxtc They sold at least 1k the year I went. Isn't the 900 figure what they sold last year?
arpz Dunno if he was supposed to be there longer or not though.. on the FB people are justifying the move as 'Well the beach party was free'... doesn't mean it probably wasn't part of the appeal for people that decided to arrive later... shame
HollowRipper
quote:
quote:
Only 900 tickets sold apparently

Do you know how many they sell typically?

P.S. Good to (briefly) see you at HU the other week mate. :-)

Usually around the 1500 mark i think. Last year especially a lot of people went just for the weekend. Was definitely more there last year than 2012 though, shame it's taken such a hit this year.

Yeah mate was good to see you! You have a good one?
_Jay_
quote:
Usually around the 1500 mark i think. Last year especially a lot of people went just for the weekend. Was definitely more there last year than 2012 though, shame it's taken such a hit this year.

Brutal. That's a huge fall.

quote:
Yeah mate was good to see you! You have a good one?

Had a phenomenal night mate. Loved it. Got a bit pissed and left a few hours early though. Very rare (that I leave early, not get pissed lol).

You have a good one?

The drunken scotsman It was around the 900 mark last year if I remember correctly. Absolutely no chance that there was 1500. Surprised that there's not been a more substantial drop this year.
HollowRipper Nah was definitely more than that out there last year, was about 900 just at the waterpark!

Had a cracking night Jay, was worth it just to see Robbie Long! But man it was loud, and warm!
_Jay_
quote:
But man it was loud, and warm!

Cooor mate, it was ridiculously loud! Some of those Scott Brown kicks sounded utterly insane.

HollowRipper Mate! Those few gabba tunes at the end of their set had the whole room shaking!
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Nah was definitely more than that out there last year, was about 900 just at the waterpark!

Had a cracking night Jay, was worth it just to see Robbie Long! But man it was loud, and warm!

With no real way of knowing for sure think we'll just need to agree to disagree on that one. If the first ITS had around 2000 then id say last year had about half of that. I think this is reflected in the line ups. At the first ITS most of the big name DJ's and MC's were in Lloret all week playing sets throughout. Nowadays they come for one or two days, do a couple of sets max then fly home.
latininxtc so someone posted this, the event lineup and nightly themes every night. Notice that 4 of the 7 nights are at Chaplins, some other venue, that probably has no 2nd room. Here's the link to the venue. Nice pics, but doesn't look very big https://www.facebook.com/ChaplinPartybar

The drunken scotsman That's unbelievable, so many changes with no warning. Surely there's some kind of rule in place to stop companies taking ?100 plus off you then making such drastic changes to their programme. I notice also that there is only one foam party instead of the two advertised. Only one boat party also. Madness.
skarr You can tell by the name that 'Chaplins' is gonna be a right shithole.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
You can tell by the name that 'Chaplins' is gonna be a right shithole.

Lloret de mar in general is a shitehole. Can't say I've ever noticed this chaplins place when I've been there before.
djDMS
quote:
quote:
You can tell by the name that 'Chaplins' is gonna be a right shithole.

Lloret de mar in general is a shitehole. Can't say I've ever noticed this chaplins place when I've been there before.

I once went in there by mistake.

Felt a right Charlie
versia the current state of htid in the sun is a perfect allegory for the current state of the uk hardcore scene - a hollow shell for what once was. just a bunch of disorganized promotion, overrated djs and shitty house induced 'hardcore' tracks masturbating each other.

if this is the future of hardcore, it's ****ed.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
the current state of htid in the sun is a perfect allegory for the current state of the uk hardcore scene - a hollow shell for what once was. just a bunch of disorganized promotion, overrated djs and shitty house induced 'hardcore' tracks masturbating each other.

That's the future of mainstream hardcore, the smaller labels and events are doing just fine. And HU is flourishing under these circumstances, and they work with mainstream artists as well. So it's definitely not the case for everyone. I will say, I will be pretty amused by the fall of HTID. Though they have created some amazing events, and I will always cherish my time in Spain with them 2 years ago, they did this to themselves. They let the politics behind the scenes get the best of them, and the ones paying the price the most are their following.
The drunken scotsman The one positive I've taken from this is that it's been confirmed that I made the right choice to delete my Facebook years ago. More than a few illiterate roasters leaving stupid comments on the event page for HTID ITS. I'm cringing for them.
latininxtc Haha true, but that's always been the case as far as I can remember it, even here but not as much lately. Seems to me that you have to have a lack of literacy to be a "true" fan of hardcore lol.

What boggles my mind is why some of the ravers don't understand the reason of disappointment by a good number of people. Sure people could go on raving and not let them affect the changes, but when you take into account the cost of flights, hotel, meals, jacked up price of alcohol, and other out of the ordinary costs of a weeklong oversees trip, this was simply not what was promised at the time of purchase. Either people who don't get that are rich as hell, or completely dense and ignorant.
Thumpa
quote:
the current state of htid in the sun is a perfect allegory for the current state of the uk hardcore scene - a hollow shell for what once was. just a bunch of disorganized promotion, overrated djs and shitty house induced 'hardcore' tracks masturbating each other.

My latest album has outsold all previous albums and last year I got freeform on Westfest, the biggest indoor rave of the year. We are all fine thanks.

The drunken scotsman
quote:
Haha true, but that's always been the case as far as I can remember it, even here but not as much lately. Seems to me that you have to have a lack of literacy to be a "true" fan of hardcore lol.

What boggles my mind is why some of the ravers don't understand the reason of disappointment by a good number of people. Sure people could go on raving and not let them affect the changes, but when you take into account the cost of flights, hotel, meals, jacked up price of alcohol, and other out of the ordinary costs of a weeklong oversees trip, this was simply not what was promised at the time of purchase. Either people who don't get that are rich as hell, or completely dense and ignorant.

Yes, they seem happy enough 'bcoz itz bangin!'. People have a right to be pissed off at the amount of changes, which as far as I can tell, happened with no prior warning. I'm sure I'd be trying to make the most of it if I was over there, but I'd be pissed off as well.
That chaplins place looks like more of a pub than a club. I'd be fuming if I'd travelled all the way from Australia or America to listen to some hardcore tunes in a pub.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
quote:

My latest album has outsold all previous albums and last year I got freeform on Westfest, the biggest indoor rave of the year. We are all fine thanks.

And now you've quit, so I guess Hardcore is back to being ****ed :D
latininxtc Alright so someone posted something from the lineup, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

So Saturday's is very odd considering that the beach party was supposed to be on Thursday, unless this is a 2nd beach party that was cancelled. Also the night is very short, unless Saturday is the same day they're doing the Waterpark Party. They cut it short that night all the time to about 4hrs in the club.

Friday is also confusing, because it looks as though that the lineup is built to get you hyped up for the waterpark party. The year I went the night before the waterpark party we had 4hrs of Darren Styles, along with Force and Breeze joining in. It ended an hour early too, at 4am. last year it was a similar take, with a Gammer & Friends night with Gammer on for 4hrs. This looks to follow the same thing, Joey Riot with Kurt and Lady Dubz for 4hrs of Joey Riot. There doesn't seem to be 2 opening acts for that night, and the foam party is starting much later than usual. So they have really skimped down on everything this year. They totally should have gone with just a 3-4 day weekend event like Ibiza Goes Hard.
The drunken scotsman Doesn't look too bad actually. I like the idea of the old Skool night after the waterpark. Much better than the previous two years with the American and Canadian takeovers. I'd hazard a guess that Re-con will be closing the event, although it could also be unknown with whizzkid. I'm sure breeze will play a styles & breeze classics set on one of his sets.

latininxtc
quote:
Doesn't look too bad actually. I like the idea of the old Skool night after the waterpark. Much better than the previous two years with the American and Canadian takeovers. I'd hazard a guess that Re-con will be closing the event, although it could also be unknown with whizzkid. I'm sure breeze will play a styles & breeze classics set on one of his sets.

Just noticed that on Sunday yay for everyone not having to endure Klubfiller for the closing!

And I thought the Canadian takeover in 2012 was amazing, and people really loved it. It got lots of compliments from the UK ravers, and they played a ton of different things that the rest of the djs so far have not played.

As for last year, I wasn't there, but I think it sucked for those who went for the weekend because that happened on a Saturday night instead of on a Friday night like in 2012. They're not all the same djs as last year, and I have no clue if the sets were any good, but it was a rather weak weekend lineup for the last few days of the event. It wasn't just the North American djs, it was also the UK djs. Lots of the top tiered djs were done playing before the waterpark party. And of course the Klubfiller set ending the event.
_Jay_

Sorry if it's already been touched on before, but did anyone get to the bottom of/find out why Storm wasn't out there?

ConnerIntenzifi Because he's playing Ravers Ibiza & also something to do with NYE.

He thought he was only going out the first 3 day's & then got bumped right off the event altogether.

Politics at their finest
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:
Because he's playing Ravers Ibiza & also something to do with NYE.

He thought he was only going out the first 3 day's & then got bumped right off the event altogether.

Politics at their finest

Surely there's more to it than this? I assume there's many DJ's and Mc's playing both Htid in the sun and ravers Ibiza.
Claxton After the first day, I've seen nothing but positive reports from the event from both ravers and artists. In fact, people have been really enthusiastic about it! I still have a feeling it will be the last.

It's such a shame that Ravers and HTID have fallen out and are fragmenting the scene when actually it's a scene which requires everyone to pull together to survive.

It'll be their fault if it all falls apart.
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:
Because he's playing Ravers Ibiza & also something to do with NYE.

Politics at their finest

Surely there's more to it than this? I assume there's many DJ's and Mc's playing both Htid in the sun and ravers Ibiza.

There has to be more to it really, doesn't there. He obviously hasn't just dropped out for whatever reason, judging from his comments on Facebook, which he has now got rid of. Sure if it's anything worth knowing we will do soon.
latininxtc It's clearly some backlash from his Raver's Choice shenanigans. Perhaps his ego got so inflated in bringing down one event just so no one will see Sy play that he wanted to try and make a drastic change to HTID ITS, which backfired on him and left him out of work. I know a far-fetched theory, but with that awful cunt you never know.

Storm not being there is the biggest positive of the whole event, and isn't Keyes not there as well? Double awesome if so!
djDMS Too much shit going on all over the place.

Regardless of what my opinion may be of certain individuals, i hate seeing this kind of thing happening.

Carry on with your arguing, silly ego-driven games and backstabbing - then you can be left fighting over what'll be left of the scene. Precisely F*** all!
Gazza1712 He wanted a massive fee for mcing for 3 days, I'm talking a huge amount, then they told him no chance and he tried calling up and begging to be put back on the line up at the last minute, I was told this by someone involved with htid
Captain Triceps If that is indeed true, then good on them for sticking to their guns. They could have even sneakily drafted Sy in there, but I can see why they wouldn't.
We all know Storm won't play events with Sy anymore, but is Unknown on the same boat? He obviously won't work alongside him now but is he unwilling to even play the same events as him too?
HollowRipper I found out at now that's what i call hardcore on saturday that there was 180 full week tickets sold. With it jumping to over 400 for the weekend.

Explains why they changed the club a few times really.

Also been told that it's been confirmed for next year, but not 100% on that info yet.
Quicksilver Only around 600? And I guess next year even less due to the negativity I've heard this year's round... :P
latininxtc
quote:
I found out at now that's what i call hardcore on saturday that there was 180 full week tickets sold. With it jumping to over 400 for the weekend.

Also been told that it's been confirmed for next year, but not 100% on that info yet.

Serious???? Looks like a lot more people than that looking at the waterpark party videos. If they decide to have another one, they should downscale it to an extended weekend thing, like Ibiza Goes Hard has been doing. Get in thursday night for kickoff, friday you have a yacht party and friday night of course, saturday the waterpark party, saturday night shortened night, sunday the last yacht party or beach party and sunday night closing.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
I found out at now that's what i call hardcore on saturday that there was 180 full week tickets sold. With it jumping to over 400 for the weekend.

Surprised if they made any money with those kind of numbers. My back of fag packet calculations work out around ?50k ticket sales being generous. Of which you would need to deduct Artist fees/flights/accommodation, staff costs, club rental etc.
That's a really poor turnout. Would also seem to back up Gazzas post earlier about storm being cancelled after demanding a huge fee.
They usually announce that they're coming back on the closing set each year. Not sure if that was the case last night or not.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

Surprised if they made any money with those kind of numbers. My back of fag packet calculations work out around ?50k ticket sales being generous. Of which you would need to deduct Artist fees/flights/accommodation, staff costs, club rental etc.
That's a really poor turnout. Would also seem to back up Gazzas post earlier about storm being cancelled after demanding a huge fee.
They usually announce that they're coming back on the closing set each year. Not sure if that was the case last night or not.

Even if they don't come back next year, they're still going to say they will. The best thing that could happen now is that Raver's Ibiza event bombs just as equally, or worse, in order to bring back all those ravers they lost with the move. Currently the lineup has yet to be released with only 3 months left, and no information on club-only passes. I could make it happen, go to the event and come back, but it's got to be an impressive lineup for me to do such a thing.

But even then I don't think that's enough. There were of course some very positive feedback by the handful there, but there were some mixed to negative feedback as well. More people seemed upset at the lack of communication about the beach party and venue change than shitstorm not being there, which is a great sign I think.

I just think scaling it down is the best choice for them.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
quote:

Even if they don't come back next year, they're still going to say they will. The best thing that could happen now is that Raver's Ibiza event bombs just as equally, or worse, in order to bring back all those ravers they lost with the move. Currently the lineup has yet to be released with only 3 months left, and no information on club-only passes. I could make it happen, go to the event and come back, but it's got to be an impressive lineup for me to do such a thing.

But even then I don't think that's enough. There were of course some very positive feedback by the handful there, but there were some mixed to negative feedback as well. More people seemed upset at the lack of communication about the beach party and venue change than shitstorm not being there, which is a great sign I think.

I just think scaling it down is the best choice for them.

I agree that scaling it down is the best course of action, I said exactly the same last year. Would boost numbers and make for a much better line up imo. If those numbers are correct I really don't see any other choice for HTID, other than not bothering at all.

_Jay_

Crumbs! Really low numbers.

Does anyone have any idea of how many tickets have been sold for Ravers? Or, even, how many they were hoping to sell?

I really boody want to do a raving holiday. I hope all this business this year hasn't damaged things beyond repair for next year/years to come.

Claxton If only promoters could stop being children and actually work together for the good of the scene.
I hope the numbers are low for Ravers too and it forces them to do something together (fat chance) rather than them fighting against eachother in a small scene.
skarr Pretty sure sc@r said on here htid and keyes fell out so cant see that happening.
Imagine if sc@r dumped Steve htid when htid flops and got with keyes instead, that would be some proper coronation street style business, lol.
_Jay_

lol a Hardcore scene-based soap would be amazing. Preferably aired on Channel 5 of E4. I would love to write some stuff for that!

latininxtc Lol a bit wrong to suggest she could or would but that would make for some hilarious hardcore drama. But there are plenty of skanks around that have caused plenty of drama in the UK scene.
skarr I didnt say she 'could' or 'would', i said 'imagine', would be funny though.
HollowRipper HTID have never made money on in the sun. Not once, it's held up by innovation in the sun, which is mega heaving every year.

Ravers Ibiza is on it's way to flopping too. Keyes was forced to book 2 full hotels before the club owners would even entertain the idea of hosting his nights. Because of this he has 2 full hotels to try and sell. When no one wants to book them.

All people want to do is the same as they do in lloret, book flights, hotel etc on their own and then club only passes. This is why the club only tickets still haven't been released. The total numbers as of now are apparently very poor.

But to be honest, even if it does go ahead, a lot of people are gonna get a shock. Ibiza itself and the people that are already there simply will not tolerate the behaviour of (some) ravers.

And i guarantee people will do nothing but complain about the clubs. No pass out's till 2am, and even then only once. The prices are ludicrous as well, 12/13 euros for a bottle of lager, 8 euros for a bottle of water. And that was 2007!

Be interesting to see what actually happens!
The drunken scotsman
quote:
HTID have never made money on in the sun. Not once, it's held up by innovation in the sun, which is mega heaving every year.

I don't know where you're getting this from but it sounds like a load of nonsense to me. Running an event of this scale is a lot of hard work, why the hell would any business do this if there was no financial gain? Htid and innovation are effectively the same company as far as I know, but I'm still confused as to how innovation holds Htid up? If one part of your business was failing or not making any money you just wouldn't bother with it.
latininxtc The problem with the Ravers Ibiza hotel packages is that they have a lot of terrible reviews. One of them has had plenty of issues with theft. Keyes said the hotel will be run by Englishmen during the event, but still that's skeptical.

and they assume that racers are complete idiots nowadays. True many of them are, especially the ones that go to HTID events lol. But with all the resources at our disposal it's very clear that we can find better and more affordable places to stay at that beat the prices they might offer. Only thing is that all depends on how much they're charging for club only passes.

still, they keep making the most impractical choice every year by bringing such events back. A whole week is too much and more people would rather come for a weekend than a whole week. They need to work on downscaling it to a long weekend event and jampack that weekend with everything they can.
_Jay_
If the losses were sufferable on a commercial level - they may still believe that there is long-term brand-value in HTID ITS in existing.

HollowRipper
quote:
quote:
HTID have never made money on in the sun. Not once, it's held up by innovation in the sun, which is mega heaving every year.

I don't know where you're getting this from but it sounds like a load of nonsense to me. Running an event of this scale is a lot of hard work, why the hell would any business do this if there was no financial gain? Htid and innovation are effectively the same company as far as I know, but I'm still confused as to how innovation holds Htid up? If one part of your business was failing or not making any money you just wouldn't bother with it.

To be honest it's common knowledge amongst promoters within the scene. Innovation gets about 5000 people each year, which is where they make the money, HTID makes nothing! They do it pretty much just so they have it, if that makes sense.
skarr The thing that does my head in with HTID is how they just lie all the time. No doubt they will come up with some big 'apology' for ITS about venue changes and event day changes and how it 'wasnt their fault' and was 'beyond their control' instead of just being honest and saying they ****ed up and should of told people before hand but didnt.
Claxton HTID 2015 won't be in Lloret De Mar and also may feature free drinks in the clubs all week.

From Facebook....

quote:
Hardcore Til I Die
September 3
Who likes the idea of HTID in the sun 2015 with FREE drink in the venues all night long?

Few cryptic clues for you there!

Then in the comments...

quote:
Sharie Htid Boyd - Free drink isnt going to make lloret de mar any less of a shit hole than it is so hopefully its in a different location!!!!!
Like ? Reply ? 15 ? September 3 at 9:14pm

Hardcore Til I Die - It's not Lloret Sharie Htid Boyd so positive comments welcome
Like ? 2 ? September 7 at 1:12pm

Interesting!!!!

Also, HTID have just announced another event on the 1st of November at Bowlers in Manchester call MEGARAVE.

https://www.facebook.com/events/474048599404563/
latininxtc It'll be probably Tossa De Mar or another town adjacent to Lloret, which is pretty much the exact same thing, if not worse.

If you want a beach event, have it at a real beach like in Ibiza, or even the Camary islands. If not just turn it into a 3-day camping style weekend like Dominator or Defqon.1
Claxton Christ you're cynical Steven
latininxtc
quote:
Christ you're cynical Steven

Thank you! :D
_Jay_
quote:
Christ you're cynical Steven

lol It's fcuking tiring isn't it.

Steve you're a slag.

djDMS Leave him alone, makes me look cheerful ;-)

It took 6.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page