Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 What Did You Listen To Today?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
_Jay_

Cheeky little thread to talk about what you listened to today! One of the things I love most about Hardcore is talking about it with like-minded people.

Today I've revisited Bonkers fifteen. Dougal & Gammer's mix is too good. And Sharkey's mix is absolutely massive.
Hard2Get First Hardcore i listened to today in a couple of weeks or so was Dog Styles - Charlene DNA. Highly recommended if you like that kind of thing.
Audio Warfare I was on an oldskool Jazz flex this morning so was listening to some Billie Holiday. Hardcore fail. :(

I do have HU6 in the car for the way home though. Not decided on a mix yet!
piumaki Marc Smith "Notorius by nature" album....I ve bought some time ago but i ve never listened to it properly so in these days I'm back on it! The mixed cd is pretty sick!
Elipton Played though the new ABJ album again on Soundcloud. Very good stuff
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by piumaki:
Marc Smith "Notorius by nature" album....I ve bought some time ago but i ve never listened to it properly so in these days I'm back on it! The mixed cd is pretty sick!

Me too!
Simon Well I just recently arrived back home and fired up my UK laptop and strangely staring at me was a Helter Skelter mix by Force & Styles with MC Junior...Yes that one from when he was just released and was on fire. I only meant to listen to a few minutes but ended up listening to the whole mix, it always amazes me how stunning it is to hook me back time and time again.
piumaki
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Played though the new ABJ album again on Soundcloud. Very good stuff

So I need to check it better, I gave it only a fast listen and it was a little too "powerstomp" for my tastes
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

it was a little too "powerstomp" for my tastes

Lol.
Elipton
quote:
quote:

So I need to check it better, I gave it only a fast listen and it was a little too "powerstomp" for my tastes

The first couple of tracks, perhaps. The album is actually very varied between powerstompy minimal styles and melodic styles. Its a very well rounded album.
piumaki
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
quote:

Lol.

so funny ???

Anyway i m going to listen to it

_Jay_

Yeah, nice - I've got big love for ABJ as a producer. I can't go and find the track right now because I'm at work (drinking at my desk prior to the Christmas party - only been at the company nine weeks and sadly tonight is the night they see my true, booze-drenched colours), but he stuck a track on SoundCloud a few months ago that was absolutely sick. It was only a really short clip. I hope it's on the album.

Also looking forward to the Earth Cry update. Such a sick tune.

Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol.

so funny ???

How can something be too Hardcore for your taste lol?
Quicksilver Come on, come on, don't leave me like this, I thought I had you figured out
piumaki
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol.

so funny ???

Ah ok sorry I didn't explain it well, my english sucks....I was too lazy at school.... I'm not a big fan of that bouncy hardcore now called "powerstomp" and when i gave a fast listen to the ABJ album it sounded too much orientated on that style to me :)
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Come on, come on, don't leave me like this, I thought I had you figured out

Absolute tune!
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
Well I just recently arrived back home and fired up my UK laptop and strangely staring at me was a Helter Skelter mix by Force & Styles with MC Junior...Yes that one from when he was just released and was on fire. I only meant to listen to a few minutes but ended up listening to the whole mix, it always amazes me how stunning it is to hook me back time and time again.

"Sitting in my jail cell, making up rhymes." I only remember that one line but, you're right, F&S sets with Junior were incredible around about that time. I started a thread not too long ago about what 'hardcore' people listen to in general and Force & Styles had snuck back in for me.

In terms of today, though, it's been HU pres. 2013, I'm afraid. It's usually something less predictable but I've been getting through the recent HU albums VERY slowly due to my incredibly short commute to work!

Bonkers 15 isn't a bad shout, Jay - the 'Bonks' are always my fail-safe!
R2G39 I listened to Al storm & Euphony - breath today great track
Samination my latest mix... I'm such a self-whore :(
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Bonkers 15 isn't a bad shout, Jay - the 'Bonks' are always my fail-safe!

Definitely mate! There's so much to choose from in terms of era and style - you can't go wrong!

quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
my latest mix... I'm such a self-whore :(

I do the same man - always listening to my own mixes! They've got the best tunes in. Obviously.

wong i listened to an a nicky allen old skool mix . a nicky allen happy hardcore mix. saminations latest mix. and some jake bugg songs that obviously are not hardcore
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol.

so funny ???

Ah ok sorry I didn't explain it well, my english sucks....I was too lazy at school.... I'm not a big fan of that bouncy hardcore now called "powerstomp" and when i gave a fast listen to the ABJ album it sounded too much orientated on that style to me :)

Lol you explained it fine. I understood you. There was nothing incorrect about what you typed.
latininxtc Been listening to HU Podcasts this morning.

BTW who is this ABJ everyone is talking about?
djDMS Alex Bassjunkie Steve
Warnman Well, to be honest today I was busy only listening to the Goa-CD that has been in my car for 2 weeks and some mixes and tunes in this forum. Yesterday I felt the urge to play CD 2 of Nu Energy 100 again only because of your FB-post. I didn't care that outside of my car it was f**king cold, but I simply had to open the windows and blast out the tunes. I must be a driving chav!
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Cheeky little thread to talk about what you listened to today! One of the things I love most about Hardcore is talking about it with like-minded people.

Today I've revisited Bonkers fifteen. Dougal & Gammer's mix is too good. And Sharkey's mix is absolutely massive.

Lol! today I was organizing some christmas presents and stuff. Thought I'd throw something on while I was at it. Call it coincidence or whatev, but I threw on Dougal and Gammer's Bonkers 15 mix, after ages of not listening to it! There was something about gammer's style back then that was just pure gold. It didn't feel overproduced yet it was pretty epic.
"A New Feeling" was the highlight. :)
kathryn I was listening to Brisk and Dougal cd from Hardcore Heaven Volume 3

and yesterday my hubbies brilliant Mortis December mini mix that he submitted in the mixes section with no response!!!!!

Now there's a surprise!
Dogsy Listening to Scott Brown & Al Strorms HU6 mix- still can't get enough of it... and a couple of soundcloud clips.. Technikores new track 'Closer' and Scott Brown 'Fl1ck seem to be doing it for me atm
maddkid53 Nick235, Synthwulf, and Hardcore City's Best of Hardcore Allstars2013
wong

just listened to all 3 cds of this album for the 1st time in about 5 years
warped_candykid I re-visited Hardcore Adrenaline Vol. 3-DJ Seduction's mix.
Quicksilver Was reminded of Euphony & Storm - First Kontact, and it ended up on repeat for a while. It's such a classic!
kathryn Absolutely brilliant tune and lovely vocals

DJ Paul Elstak - Handz Up!

piumaki Al Storm & Euphony - "Mind Over Matter" album all day long...it's full of great tunes!
_Jay_

This morning I listened to all of the Stamina Records releases that I have. Probably 60-70% of their back catalog. There are some unbelievable tracks on this label.

Audio Warfare Had this on in the car throughout the week:

Great album that should be in everyone's collection!
Elipton Some old school house, some Marcus Intalex, some Hardstyle. iTunes is being rinsed thanks to my dissertation sue for tomorrow
_Jay_

Listened to Bonkers 4 yesterday. Phenomenal.

_Jay_

Been listening to the Freeform mix of Hardcore Underground 6 today. Absolutely delicious.

fakka13k Listened to an old mix I knocked up of the go mental gold records, got a little bit emotional! Lol
Captain Triceps A mix I made of mid 90's happy hardcore, gabber and bouncy techno. 2 Technics and 2 Pioneers. I just about managed with three decks but when I tried including the fourth it failed spectacularly.
Might re-record it later on, actually.
arpz HTID Big Weekend - Dowster & Vagabond, Slipmatt and Dougal... probably more to come :)
djDMS An old tape of a mix i did in 2003.

Some phenomenal tunes on it!

Guardcore
Fly with you
Only your love
Blow the roof
Wonderful life
Can you hear me

And loads more!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

Bet the mixing was dodgy though.

Ohhhhhhhh naughty!!
djDMS
quote:
quote:

Bet the mixing was dodgy though

Atrocious mate!
latininxtc Marc Smith's mix on Notorious By Nature.

earlier was listening to CD1 of HU6 and some of CD3 from the same album.
Samination my latest mix *shamelessly happy*
_Jay_

Been listening to WHAM's greatest hits for a few hours each day recently. Magnificent.

don_simon3000 an old eurodance tape unknown track currently playing
_Jay_

Good album. Haven't listen to it in a while until this morning.

Hard2Get Which CD(s)?
Captain Triceps Our second baby arrived the other day, so music has been pretty limited at home. (Yes, shameless excuse to mention our new baby!)
However, I've been going through an old gabber and bouncy techno phase lately. A month or so and it will be something else.
Outside of rave music, when I can it's just been the usual reggae and ska. Also chucked a load of Steely Dan tunes on my iPod, Kid Charlemagne being a favourite.
I can't help but think I've already mentioned this on here in the recent past...
_Jay_
Gave Bonkers 5 a whirl for the first time in ages this afternoon. It's good.

Also had a few hours with The Boys (WHAM) this morning to get me going as well. Becoming a bit of a ritual, that.

quote:
Which CD(s)?

Dougal's mix, mainly.

_Jay_

Was listening to Thumpa's "Best of Raver Baby" mixes today. 2002-2003 and 2004-2005. Both pretty sweet.

Samination
quote:

Was listening to Thumpa's "Best of Raver Baby" mixes today. 2002-2003 and 2004-2005. Both pretty sweet.

That backcat really needs to come out digitally. Considering how dead the market is for hardcore mp3, it might never happen :/
piumaki
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

That backcat really needs to come out digitally. Considering how dead the market is for hardcore mp3, it might never happen :/

I really hope this too!!
piumaki For me today "Crush On Hardcore 4", in particular CD3 mixed by Entity, always amazing :D
_Jay_
quote:
For me today "Crush On Hardcore 4", in particular CD3 mixed by Entity, always amazing :D

Yeah, nice mix man! Great album overall. My favourite Crush On Hardcore album.

Elipton
quote:
quote:
For me today "Crush On Hardcore 4", in particular CD3 mixed by Entity, always amazing :D

Yeah, nice mix man! Great album overall. My favourite Crush On Hardcore album.

I remember that mix and where I was when I first heard it. It started with that awesome StrifeII track and rolled into pure awesome from there
Audio Warfare

Had forgotten about this!
piumaki
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:

Didnt know about this, looks pretty interesting especially cd2 by Fracus, Darwin and Jakazid

Edit:

Nice! Found it on Spotify! :P

http://open.spotify.com/album/1SIYAOEr6f6HYpQpdv0uRo
Elipton Must be a Nukleuz CD
piumaki
quote:
Must be a Nukleuz CD

It is! :D
Audio Warfare Yup, was a Nukleuz project. Shame they didn't follow it up really! Definitely worth checking out, some great stuff on Disk 1 and Disk 2 is absolutely amazing.
CDJay Chris Ross & Chwhynny - Fierce Like Fire.

I haven't cancelled the engagement. Nuff Said.

edit: Massively underrated album. When you look at the RFU/HU classics debuted there, it's amazing how it floats under the radar. Nothing There. See If I Care. Come on Out. Wasted, basically

CDJay

Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
See If I Care

One of Gaz's best IMHO!

Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:

Yeah, that's a strong one! I grabed it from my CD pile 2 weeks ago as well and listened to it again.
_Jay_

I've been listening to a continuous stream of Scott Brown stuff from the last few days including individual tracks, a two-hour mix I made and the odd live-set.

I've always loved it (since I discovered it (which was actually only about 18 months ago!)) but I am starting to seriously consider Na Na Na as a truly great track. There's just relentless optimism in it. Keeps on giving.

Brown's the master of the mainly-instrumental-with-maybe-a-small-vocal-sample tracks. I'll Be Yours is another great example.

God that man is such a legend. I can barely put into words how much I love him.

Olly Thumpa played Andromeda at Bust An Old Jam last weekend and what a magnificent raving experience that was, as well.

piumaki

I m listening to this.. bought it and HH4 for 5 Euro each one and they arrived this morning :)

quote:

and the odd live-set.

wich live set is that Jay?

_Jay_
quote:

I m listening to this.. bought it and HH4 for 5 Euro each one and they arrived this morning :)

Mate, check out Kik'n Loud by Weaver vs. AMS on Kevin Energy's mix. Fcuking MASSIVE tune.

quote:

quote:

and the odd live-set.

wich live set is that Jay?

It was his "Wednesday" set from HTID In The Sun last year. Pretty powerful. I bought the MP3 from the HTID site last year, but I think someone has put it on YouTube as well if you wanna check it out!

djDMS Listening to the AWF back catalogue pretty much constantly at the minute.

Absolutely obsessed with Rivers flow in you.
_Jay_
quote:
Listening to the AWF back catalogue pretty much constantly at the minute.

Absolutely obsessed with Rivers flow in you.

Ahh nice work Deano! Good call mate! There's plenty of other gems in there as well.

Apparently those tracks are only available from some pretty sweet website?

djDMS
quote:
Ahh nice work Deano! Good call mate! There's plenty of other gems in there as well.

Apparently those tracks are only available from some pretty sweet website?

Oh really? And what would be the name of said site mate?
arpz
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by _Jay_:

and the odd live-set.

Went to school with that bird ;D

Dj Frankey it not just all abwt the hardcore ppl try a diffrent style frm diffrent places in the wrld have a look at my soundcloud page and enjoy somthn diffrent

https://soundcloud.com/frankeyboii
Elipton I picked this monster up from CEX the other month for ?1.

God awful design, but it's a piece of history <3

Hirschi I stumbled upon DJ Shax feat MC Age O - I Miss You YT-Link.
piumaki
quote:
I picked this monster up from CEX the other month for ?1.

God awful design, but it's a piece of history <3

What a great deal that album for only 1?!!! :)

quote:

Mate, check out Kik'n Loud by Weaver vs. AMS on Kevin Energy's mix. Fcuking MASSIVE tune.

What a great tune!! All the Kevin Energy's mix is the best one on the comp imo :)

quote:

It was his "Wednesday" set from HTID In The Sun last year. Pretty powerful. I bought the MP3 from the HTID site last year, but I think someone has put it on YouTube as well if you wanna check it out!

Thank u, I think I ve found it, very good set (but i still dont like MCs ehehe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiIxQDk4mXc

Btw I know it's not the right place but who cares :D
Do someone know the name of song at about 16:00 min before the power of love rmx please?

_Jay_
quote:
Do someone know the name of song at about 16:00 min before the power of love rmx please?

It's this one dude. Fcuking great tune. Pretty sure it's the original, but could be one of the remixes.

http://www.discogs.com/Scott-Brown-vs-Hyperbass-Were-Droppin-This/release/337890

piumaki
quote:
quote:

It's this one dude. Fcuking great tune. Pretty sure it's the original, but could be one of the remixes.

http://www.discogs.com/Scott-Brown-vs-Hyperbass-Were-Droppin-This/release/337890

Man what an awesome song, I owe u few beers!! :)
djDMS Been listening to Balancing act all day today
CDJay Roll on the non CDR digipak reissue!

CDJay
_Jay_
What does CDR mean?

I know I'm not the only one that doesn't know!

quote:

One day man, one day! :-)

Think you'll ever come to rave in England one day?

djDMS
quote:

What does CDR mean?

Compact Disc, Recordable
_Jay_
quote:
quote:

What does CDR mean?

Compact Disc, Recordable

Faaaanx Dean.

djDMS My pleasure love X
djscavenger D-Ice & Reality - Wheels of time
piumaki
quote:

quote:

One day man, one day! :-)

Think you'll ever come to rave in England one day?

I would like but no one of my friends like this kind of music so i should come to uk all alone and it's pretty sad and i m ****in lazy tho
djDMS Currently listening to HU1

Stupidly good!

Mickey Init

https://soundcloud.com/slamminvinyl/fracus-and-darwin-with-mc-obie

Porter Robinson's "Language (Stu Infinity Hardcore Mix)" at 17:00 is such an awesome tune! He's a talented guy, that Stu Infinity.

For those that don't know or don't have it, Stu Infinity put it on his SoundCloud a while back... https://soundcloud.com/stuinfinity/porter-robinson-language-stu

HU Bundle #3 on it's way today, though! Woop!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:

Porter Robinson's "Language (Stu Infinity Hardcore Mix)" at 17:00 is such an awesome tune! He's a talented guy, that Stu Infinity.

For those that don't know or don't have it, Stu Infinity put it on his SoundCloud a while back... https://soundcloud.com/stuinfinity/porter-robinson-language-stu

Yeah, quality bootleg man. Actually listened to it today myself, funnily enough. It's the opening track I did to a mix about eighteen months ago.

And as you say, Stu Infinity is very, very talented. Done some cracking, cracking stuff.

djDMS Nu Energy 100 & Some Bedlam records stuff for me tonight
DJ SMALOUM you gonna be surprised but i listened hardcore. yes really
Craigavon raver Just listened to hu dj tools for the first time
_Jay_

I've been listening to Happy 2B Hardcore Vol. 4.

Massive.

djDMS My shiny new Brisk album on my way to work.

Exceptional.
Hirschi Listened to 'A Tribute to Makina' (YT link), very refreshing even though most of the tunes are ancient ;)
Samination Found a track I haven't heard in ages

Weaver & Andy L & Fran - Cannonball (org and scott brown mix)
Bee-Trax I had on a bonkers cd

I forget which one it was...

the blue one...
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Bee-Trax:
I had on a bonkers cd

the blue one...

3? ;)
The drunken scotsman Styles & breeze remix of 'the one' by Lisa Abbott. Epic tune
johnnygomental Had bonkers 6 vibes cd on aaaaaallllllll day today, properly love it! Shane is a legend full stop. Some corking choons on there and his mixing is varied which spices it up
Mental_Adam I found this old DVD i bought years ago, it has bonkers 1-15 on it.

Really nice to hear alot of these tracks again.

But really digging the Bonkers 6 CD 2 right now.
latininxtc This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLYDG5k-LLY
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Styles & breeze remix of 'the one' by Lisa Abbott. Epic tune

Great tune!

quote:
Originally posted by johnnygomental:
Had bonkers 6 vibes cd on aaaaaallllllll day today, properly love it! Shane is a legend full stop. Some corking choons on there and his mixing is varied which spices it up

Amazing mix. Night Driving is phenomenal!

Bee-Trax
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:
Originally posted by Bee-Trax:
I had on a bonkers cd

the blue one...

3? ;)

It might have been 3 yes!!!!!!!

Wait, no, it was totally the 7th one.

I had to go and check, and I don't have 3, here's a picture of my bonkers collection

Cyrax just got this in my inbox about 5 mins ago , check it out , new Freeform business

?ternity - Solar Fields (A.B remix) F/C Project Badass

johnnygomental Bee?? What the hell would one person want with so many copies of bonkers 7?????? Good album but wow!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by johnnygomental:
Bee?? What the hell would one person want with so many copies of bonkers 7?????? Good album but wow!

re-sell value. I mean they can go for a lot on ebay and maybe amazon.
Bee-Trax I would never dream of selling them!! Some of them are still in shrink wrap!
_Jay_

Listening to Sy's mix on Hardcore Heaven 3 (new series). So bouncy. Didn't appreciate just how good we had it back then.

Elliott
quote:

Listening to Sy's mix on Hardcore Heaven 3 (new series). So bouncy. Didn't appreciate just how good we had it back then.

That's exactly how I feel when I listen to the Hardcore Heaven series, Hardcore Euphoria, Bonkers 16/17 or any other album from that sort of era. Honestly, even the HTID series now evokes a cruel nostalgia. HTID 3 actually sounds pretty damn good these days.

_Jay_

Hardcore Euphoria was phenomenal. And still is, obviously. I don't think I've ever rinsed an album to the degree that I did when that one came out. Got me through some horrible, dark, winter-morning commutes, that did.

djscavenger New Above & Beyond album We are all we need. Once again proving why they are one of the best UK dance artists
latininxtc Fracus & Darwin's Filth & Dumb Hatred. Truly brilliant.
djDMS Saw an old mid 90's Dutch happy hardcore megamix on Youtube yesterday so dug out this horrendously cheesy beast

http://www.discogs.com/Various-This-Is-The-New-Sound-Of-Popcore/release/173754
Hirschi I was compiling a playlist of YT videos where people mixing HHC and Makina. Found two old videos from Milo and DJ Sc@r among other things. Both got me with their intro tune. Milo's mix kept getting better with "What a great drug" and made me add him to my list within the fourth track.
Sc@r's mix felt oldschool but new to me, and when arriving at 5:00 I was convinced that this is something I'm going to listen to more than once. ;) Only the video quality is rather low.
latininxtc Finally got around to listening to the HU podcast. I've been having issues with my laptop and my windows phone so downloading it to either one was futile. So streamed it from soundcloud today and love it!
ninja edit
warped_candykid Happy2bHardcore Chapter 3!
latininxtc Rediscovering One More Sound by Darwin & Brooklyn. Such a brilliant track! And because of it I'm going to listen to the Kevin Energy and Sharkey CD on HU 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eotrUVx8OmU
Hirschi Stumbled upon a track from M-Project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdFkqUHKC5U
DUnsilence Cube:Hard's "Micro N2." My favorite tune from this guy so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ZpppJFQD4

It took 5.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page