Radio listeners 175+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Al Storm & Euphony - "Mind Over Matter" FEEDBACK

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
CDJay Released 16th December: 'Al Storm & Euphony - Mind Over Matter' (3xCD)

http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/

CD1 - Unmixed Upfront

01. Al Storm & Euphony - Taste The Silence
02. Al Storm & Euphony - Men, Beasts & Gods
03. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Vicky Fee - Is There A Reason?
04. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Angie Brown - Deep Sensation
05. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Donna Marie - Your Guiding Light
06. Storm & Euphony - Show Me The Way (DJ Shimamura Remix)
07. Al Storm & Euphony - Give Me My Drugs
08. Heaven 7 & Al Storm - A Little More (Technikore Remix)
09. Al Storm & Euphony - Voices Of Passion
10. CLSM vs. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Vicky Fee - Mind Over Matter
11. Al Storm & Euphony - Kerrang!
12. Al Storm & Euphony - Pussyhole
13. Eat Rave vs. Al Storm & Euphony - Jack The Ripper
14. Euphony - Dancing In The Rain (Darwin Remix)
15. Euphony - Space Invader (Scott Brown Remix)
16. Brisk vs. Al Storm & Euphony - Return To Aldershot
17. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Donna Marie - All I Wanna Do (Sam Laxton Radio Edit)

CD2 - Unmixed Classics

01. Euphony - Drum Nature
02. DJ Storm - The Beating Of My Heart
03. Euphony - Feeling (Marc Smith Remix)
04. DJ Storm & Blade - Darkzone
05. Euphony - Dancing In The Rain (Original Mix)
06. DJ Storm - Drumz In Da Musik (True Love)
07. Euphony - The Meaning Of Life (Original Mix)
08. DJ Storm - (Now) Who?s In Control
09. Euphony - Space Invader (Quest Mix)
10. Storm & Euphony feat. Danielle - Disappear
11. Bang! - Sailaway (Storm & Euphony Remix)
12. Storm & Euphony - First Kontakt
13. Storm & Euphony feat. Danielle - Breathe (Original Raver Baby Mix)
14. Eat Rave - Back To ?92 (Coming On Strong)

CD3 - DJ Mix

01. Heaven 7 & Al Storm - A Little More (Technikore Remix)
02. Euphony - Space Invader (Scott Brown Remix)
03. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Donna Marie - Your Guiding Light
04. Al Storm & Euphony - Give Me My Drugs
05. CLSM vs. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Vicky Fee - Mind Over Matter
06. Al Storm & Euphony - Taste The Silence
07. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Donna Marie - All I Wanna Do (Darren Styles Remix)
08. Al Storm & Euphony - Men, Beasts & Gods
09. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Vicky Fee - Is There A Reason?
10. Breeze & Euphony feat. Donna Marie - Never Be Alone
11. Heaven 7 - Speak Of Love (Original Mix)
12. Euphony - Hozelock
13. Euphony feat. Roxie - Let Me Go (Original Mix)
14. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Vicky Fee - First Kontakt DJ
15. Al Storm & Euphony - Kerrang! (Mind Over Matter VIP)
16. Storm & Euphony - Show Me The Way (DJ Shimamura Remix)
17. Al Storm & Euphony - Where?s Your Head At? (Seduction & Al Storm Remix)
18. Euphony - Dancing In The Rain (Darwin Remix)
19. Hixxy, Al Storm & Euphony - Nightlife (Remix)
20. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Donna Marie - Runaway (Modulate Remix)
21. Al Storm & Euphony - Pussyhole
22. Heaven 7 & Al Storm - Do You Wanna? (Dance With Me Revisited)
23. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Angie Brown - Deep Sensation
24. Euphony - Bass Power
25. Heaven 7 & Al Storm - You?re The Feeling (Remix)
26. Al Storm feat. Amy - Surrender (HU Mix)
27. Al Storm & Euphony - Voices Of Passion
28. Brisk vs. Al Storm & Euphony - Return To Aldershot (Rhythm Station Mix)

We're not announcing a specific release date until I have stock and have actually shipped (at the very least) Int'l pre-orders. For int'l customers, you really *need* to pre order to stand any realistic chance of getting this or the other release in time for Xmas. We've specified Western European (excluding France) and USA as they are the territories with feasible delivery windows. It's not to say that you won't receive them faster in other regions, simply that it's less likely than usual. Usual being our 3-5 day int'l airsure option.

Once again, there is a launch bundle that saves on buying the releases separately and encourages split shipping costs.

CDJay
djDMS Sold!
Claxton Mega excited for this!!!! Looks superb!!
wong take it i might aswell give up on brisks album?
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
14. Euphony - Dancing In The Rain (Darwin Remix)

OH HALLO. That could be a bit fcuking saucy.

Who album's look pretty inviting. Sold.

quote:
Originally posted by wong:
take it i might aswell give up on brisks album?

Ha ha! Poor wong. :-(
Jacco Why does the HU website look like ****ing windows 8
latininxtc
quote:

All that needs to be done on the brisk album is the dj mix I hear. So CDJay already said that it will be released first quarter. My curiosity is, what will be released alongside it? HU Breaks 2? F&D 3? The heavily anticipated Happy Hardcore Underground? Or perhaps an artist album not publicly mentioned?
latininxtc And you see Hellfury this is why your double posting is very redundant. CDJay has always come on here and posted all the info himself.
Cyrax Only like a handful of the tracks but will def pick this one up , what I really want is the sharkey album !
AceofSpades_Lorenzo I'm 99% sure all the albums you guys want are going to happen, just be patient, ;)
scottyd2k9 Just ordered mine :D
wong
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

All that needs to be done on the brisk album is the dj mix I hear. So CDJay already said that it will be released first quarter.

he did? well i didn't see that. last i seen him say a tracklist will be a couple of weeks away. well it's been longer than that lol.

i aint moaning btw, i know it may come across that way .

really do like the look of this storm and euphony album btw, do like there stuff together
Quicksilver Well that certainly looks good!!

quote:
And you see Hellfury this is why your double posting is very redundant. CDJay has always come on here and posted all the info himself.

;)
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

All that needs to be done on the brisk album is the dj mix I hear. So CDJay already said that it will be released first quarter.

he did? well i didn't see that. last i seen him say a tracklist will be a couple of weeks away. well it's been longer than that lol.

I don't think it's anything that was written anywhere, I believe I got that info when the 3rd HU podcast was playing on Krafty and we were all discussing what's been going on with HU, their albums, gigs, AB's voice that sent Jay into a flurry of orgasms, etc.

You really should check out the chat room for the next HU podcast, which should be the 15th or following Sunday.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
Only like a handful of the tracks but will def pick this one up , what I really want is the sharkey album !

I know, it really must look like we are ineffectual idiots sometimes.

Just, truly, do bear in mind that we are essentially taking on jobs, roles, and responsibilities previously spread amongst entire teams of funded and well equipped types.

For example? I cancelled Christmas, again. Everyone I know can actually fail to have any sort of xmas recompense from me because *I* spent all my funds on nearly 2k of data recovery forensic services to recover lost Sharkey HD's. I then spent the day before, and after, the HH awards driving the length of the country repeatedly to facilitate the aforementioned and plot the intended release. Which, incidentally, is fairly soon. Not next batch but in the subsequent or following.

No one wants the Brisk, Sharkey or HHU albums out more than me. I refuse to either compromise what they should be, OR stunt the legacies. Brisk has had stuff going on his end, and the rush for Xmas shipping meant either "this'll do" or "we'll take the extra few weeks". Given we pissed him around for months on end whilst sorting out the infrastructure who can begrudge him taking time to sign off on something he is happy with as a seminal work?

It's been a rough few years. We have finite resources, and do our level best to be transparent about the processes involved *and* accountable for the results both now and forever.

Does anyone *seriously* not think I soil my undergarments at this sort of responsibility? It would be bad enough if I had the backing of a major label and team.

We won't drop the ball, because we're far too aware of the landscape and importance of what we are doing. Delays may sting, but infinitely less than waiting for a substandard product/project.

CDJay @ Hardcore "Probably Will Put Me" Underground
CDJay DP again! I must start tattoing stuff on myself Memento style.

CDJay
Vladel It looks really good CDjay
CDJay

CDJay
Cyrax
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
Only like a handful of the tracks but will def pick this one up , what I really want is the sharkey album !

I know, it really must look like we are ineffectual idiots sometimes.

Just, truly, do bear in mind that we are essentially taking on jobs, roles, and responsibilities previously spread amongst entire teams of funded and well equipped types.

For example? I cancelled Christmas, again. Everyone I know can actually fail to have any sort of xmas recompense from me because *I* spent all my funds on nearly 2k of data recovery forensic services to recover lost Sharkey HD's. I then spent the day before, and after, the HH awards driving the length of the country repeatedly to facilitate the aforementioned and plot the intended release. Which, incidentally, is fairly soon. Not next batch but in the subsequent or following.

No one wants the Brisk, Sharkey or HHU albums out more than me. I refuse to either compromise what they should be, OR stunt the legacies. Brisk has had stuff going on his end, and the rush for Xmas shipping meant either "this'll do" or "we'll take the extra few weeks". Given we pissed him around for months on end whilst sorting out the infrastructure who can begrudge him taking time to sign off on something he is happy with as a seminal work?

It's been a rough few years. We have finite resources, and do our level best to be transparent about the processes involved *and* accountable for the results both now and forever.

Does anyone *seriously* not think I soil my undergarments at this sort of responsibility? It would be bad enough if I had the backing of a major label and team.

We won't drop the ball, because we're far too aware of the landscape and importance of what we are doing. Delays may sting, but infinitely less than waiting for a substandard product/project.

CDJay @ Hardcore "Probably Will Put Me" Underground

It's all good mate , wasn't trying to rush you guys at all, I really appreciate what you guys are doing and will always be supporting the label.

HU 4 LIFE!

Craigavon raver Nice! will be ordering this, soon as, think will be a really good album, was thinking that whilst I was listening to hu 6, cause I like there stuff from the past and was really enjoying their new stuff, well apart from kerrang, think it wasn't to my liking
Switchback1983 Looks another strong artist album. Storm and Euphony are producing some incredible music at the moment.
Craigavon raver Just pre-ordered the bundle
Sulphurik Looks good, good to see Al Storm & euphony releasing their own album.
alstorm

added a free track to pre-orders .. should get sent to you with your confirmation or shipping info :)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by alstorm:

added a free track to pre-orders .. should get sent to you with your confirmation or shipping info :)

OMG yes!!!
CDJay Two versions, too!

CDJay
djDMS Sadly I'll have to put off my order for a while. Getting married followed by Xmas has cleaned me out temporarily.

New year present to myself perhaps?
_Jay_

Ordered.
CDJay Updated with shipping info!

On time! In the intended year of release. In fact, the intended *month* of release!

*faints*

edit: People are getting their copies now! Including some international orders, which entirely justifies the behind-the-scenes horrors and wranglings endured to claw a day back from manufacture to facilitate international shipments on Thursday. This is a model we intend to continue to employ going forward

CDJay
MAtRiCks Just ordered the bundle of Mind Over Matter + HU Presents: 2013. Excited!!!
GrahamC Got my bundle today, fired this in first while I am gutting the spare-room, really enjoying it. Everything I was hoping for with this album and more!

P.S. had to name the tracks myself in iTunes - so new Gracenote does not know it!
wong cant wait for santa to give me some pennies so i can buy this.
Elipton Heard clips here and there, and it sounds pretty decent. There was a fun sounding bit of partycore which really took my fancy :) Smashingggg

_Jay_

ARRIVED.

Feedback to follow. :-)

_Jay_
quote:
01. Al Storm & Euphony - Taste The Silence

What a track that is! Just started listening to the CD and had to come and post here instantly. Epic track, in the real sense of the word.

Sadly I'm not going to be able to listen to it all tonight as there's a programme about Shipwrecks on in ten minutes (BBC4 if anyone fancies it, last in the series).

Vladel Ok both arrived today and i've only really had a scan through this one and if i'm honest, so far i don't think there is much that jumps out at me beyond the couple of tracks that featured on HU6. I'm stoked to get a full version of guiding light as that track is one of my favourites from Hu6. Darwins remix of dancing in the rain is nice too but like i say i've only scanned through the tracks so far. I'll post a review when i get time.
_Jay_

Actually cannot get over how good Taste The Silence is. Fcuking unbelievable. One of the tracks of the year.

alstorm
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Actually cannot get over how good Taste The Silence is. Fcuking unbelievable. One of the tracks of the year.

aha thanks! :P may do some more along those lines .. fun to dooo
_Jay_
quote:
quote:

Yeah, please do mate. It's got such a great feel and atmosphere to it. Original.

Mickey Init
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, please do mate. It's got such a great feel and atmosphere to it. Original.

I think I love Klubfiller - "Without You" as much as you love "Taste The Silence"!!

I really like the "Nightlife" remix/update and "Your Guiding Light" on this album! It's good to see "Let Me Go" on there, too - I've got it on vinyl but never heard it anywhere else!

Mad Max Excellent album again HU crew.

Back in 1998 Dancing In The Rain was the very first hhc track I heard Never had it on vinyl so its made my collection just that little be more complete.

Good selection of music.
alstorm
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think I love Klubfiller - "Without You" as much as you love "Taste The Silence"!!

I really like the "Nightlife" remix/update and "Your Guiding Light" on this album! It's good to see "Let Me Go" on there, too - I've got it on vinyl but never heard it anywhere else!

'Let Me Go' is probably one of my favourite things Mike did .. I don't think it got nearly the love it deserved at the time .. were probably gonna give it a bit of a freshen up soon just to bring it upto date, but it still makes me rush as it is so it wont be too different
Dogsy Came through the post today.... then had to give straight to my brother to wrap up for Christmas day :( Looking forward to hearing it- love the stuff from HU6 such as 'Kerrang!' 'A Little More' & 'Guiding Light. I'm very intruged to hear 'Return To Aldershot' Looks like an interesting collab :) Can't wait.
piumaki Can't wait to listen to it, I really hope to receive it (together with "HU Presents: 2013") before Christmas, it should be a great present :P
alstorm
quote:
Originally posted by piumaki:
Can't wait to listen to it, I really hope to receive it (together with "HU Presents: 2013") before Christmas, it should be a great present :P

haha best presents EVER! :P
piumaki
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by piumaki:
Can't wait to listen to it, I really hope to receive it (together with "HU Presents: 2013") before Christmas, it should be a great present :P

haha best presents EVER! :P

Indeed!!:P

Edit:

I think it will be hard cause I ve not received the "Your order has been shipped" mail yet... hopefully it will be the best way to start the new year then :D

piumaki Big surprise!!! received it today!!! Can't wait to come back home and give it a proper listen!!!
CDJay Merry seasonal suprisings!

CDJay
piumaki
quote:
Merry seasonal suprisings!

CDJay

eheheh thank u!!! I m enjoying very much this surprise btw :P
alstorm As its Xmas .. and a few people have asked, im going to extend the pre order deal (free 'Rock Me Out' Remix) to just after NYE, but youll have to specifically email them and ask for it when you order, and they will send you a link, it wont be just sent with confirmations like before :) .. so if you haven't grabbed it yet .. now is the time!

enjoy..
Samination Sadly there isn't really much of the newer stuff I like, and I got most of your classics stuff from when you sold them on IMOdownload.

And personally I found it odd that none of your later hard kicks based tracks are among the selected
alstorm
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Sadly there isn't really much of the newer stuff I like, and I got most of your classics stuff from when you sold them on IMOdownload.

And personally I found it odd that none of your later hard kicks based tracks are among the selected

if your referring to the 'Destructive Force' stuff, its pretty simple why .. it just isn't good enough, production wasn't great, although I liked a lot of the musical content and ideas, sadly at that time I wasn't in the right place to make them how I wanted them to be, so its unlikely they will appear on an album again, ever

and although some of the classics have appeared before, they were very poor quality old MP3's and some good quality vinyl recordings with old de-crackle tools, whatever was available at the time, and weren't professionally re-mastered from the original source DATS, which im sure as a person who obviously likes there digital material, will appreciate is a massive difference to what was available almost 10 years ago.
Vladel I just want to say Mr Storm is that guiding light is bloody epic
alstorm
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I just want to say Mr Storm is that guiding light is bloody epic

Thank you! .. it has taken about 7 attempts and re-titling to get it right over the last 5 or so years so thankfully we got there in the end :)
Quicksilver Was Haunted made before or after the incident with Sy (I'm asking cause I'm kinda hoping after)?
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

Thank you! .. it has taken about 7 attempts and re-titling to get it right over the last 5 or so years so thankfully we got there in the end :)

Did Gaz really want you to rename it just because he had a track with the same title?
Gazza1712 Was made before the whole thing blew up with regards to sy, they also do a track together called Kate's bush, al you still speaking to sy? If so try and get him in the studio with you again :-)
alstorm
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Was Haunted made before or after the incident with Sy (I'm asking cause I'm kinda hoping after)?

sorry to disappoint, it was before all of that silly shit kicked off, but we still speak, pretty much non music related though
alstorm
quote:
quote:
quote:

Did Gaz really want you to rename it just because he had a track with the same title?

haha it had already been renamed from see the light to follow the light (which wasn't even in the lyrics) to Guiding Light, then Bananaman & Gisbo did one called that, and Fracus had already done one he was revamping or thinking of, called that .. so due to our imaginative lyrics .. we kind of foiled ourselves!

That is also about the 7th actual version of the track anyway so 3/4 name changes isn't that bad considering how long it took us to actually get nailed :P

DJ Hellfury Only listened to CD3 so far, but i have to say, out of all new productions, "Voices of Passion" is the best and most outstanding tune next to the classic "First Kontakt", good job guys!
Vladel
quote:

sorry to disappoint, it was before all of that silly shit kicked off, but we still speak, pretty much non music related though

We want him back though! You can do it Mr Storm because if he doesn't come back, all those wankers have won.
_Jay_
Would just like to say that it's very nice to have you (Al Storm) getting involved properly with feedback and discussion on here. Makes a big difference. :-)

Samination
quote:

Would just like to say that it's very nice to have you (Al Storm) getting involved properly with feedback and discussion on here. Makes a big difference. :-)

only thing missing is a gammer styled rant about haters and whatnot :P
Quicksilver I too would love for you to take Sy back into the studio! That's what I think we all want, right? The only three persons that are grumpy and wouldn't want it are Storm, Keyes and Unknown. :P
alstorm
quote:

arpz Is haunted available as anything other than 'Album Edit'? Having trouble finding it :(
alstorm
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

only thing missing is a gammer styled rant about haters and whatnot :P

haha! .. I doubt youll get that from me most of those supposed 'haters' have generally been pretty kind to me over the years, i guess ive always done a lot of weird music as well as all the obvious stuff so i can get away with a little more, or no one cares! :P
alstorm ... yeah that's one thing ill just stay out i think.. he was one of the very few people in the scene, aside from a select few that id genuinely have called a friend, i still speak to him every so often, and if he ever wanted to come back in the studio or whatever then happy days...

im not sure anyone can really be bothered going into this anymore, best off letting it die down and let whatever happens happen!
Craigavon raver Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet, and I've had it for a few weeks now that's the woman for ya! don't get to listen to as much music these days haha
CDJay Surely by now, though?

CDJay
djDMS I'm seriously mad with myself for not having bought this yet.

Next week maybe...
alstorm do it!
latininxtc I haven't been able to give this or any other album I've received a proper listen because of HU6! that album is just too good atm! I think this one will be on repeat for the day :)
trippnface @ Al Storm, why don't you get booked to play US!?! California is absolutely screaming for you, easily the most requested hardcore dj. everyone is pretty tired of the futureworld sounds, and that is all we are getting xp.over and over..i actually think there is a conspiracy... id love to see you blow gammer, styles, re con, out of the water man. dying for real hardcore. we eagerly await your appearance, much love, west coast <3!!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
@ Al Storm, why don't you get booked to play US!?! California is absolutely screaming for you, easily the most requested hardcore dj. everyone is pretty tired of the futureworld sounds, and that is all we are getting xp.over and over..i actually think there is a conspiracy... id love to see you blow gammer, styles, re con, out of the water man. dying for real hardcore. we eagerly await your appearance, much love, west coast <3!!

Every time there are UK djs at a hardcore gig in the US I always see the exact same names: DS, breeze, Gammer, Unknown. It's one of the reasons why I've never wanted to travel to the raves in the US, that and I'm currently broke lol. I do remember Al Storm did say he was banned for awhile but I think that ban has since been lifted. But yes I agree the US promoters need to look into booking Al Storm, along with Joey Riot and Kurt, and even Marc Smith. Marc is just so entertaining to watch up there.
trippnface its horrible dude that's exactly how it is. man I hope so, id love to see them all, never had the pleasure. fracus & Darwin would be a godsend too :p. any of the hardcore underground team haha. I try to tell promoters but they just bitch at me saying hardcore evolves, and I need to get over it. o well, in good time. they cant keep uplifting euphoric bliss from us forever!!
alstorm
quote:
quote:
@ Al Storm, why don't you get booked to play US!?! California is absolutely screaming for you, easily the most requested hardcore dj. everyone is pretty tired of the futureworld sounds, and that is all we are getting xp.over and over..i actually think there is a conspiracy... id love to see you blow gammer, styles, re con, out of the water man. dying for real hardcore. we eagerly await your appearance, much love, west coast <3!!

Every time there are UK djs at a hardcore gig in the US I always see the exact same names: DS, breeze, Gammer, Unknown. It's one of the reasons why I've never wanted to travel to the raves in the US, that and I'm currently broke lol. I do remember Al Storm did say he was banned for awhile but I think that ban has since been lifted. But yes I agree the US promoters need to look into booking Al Storm, along with Joey Riot and Kurt, and even Marc Smith. Marc is just so entertaining to watch up there.

As far as I know I still cant enter the United States, even if I could .. a work permit would have to be attained, which as far as I know isn't easy or cheap? .. im going to try and get a pardon at some point, but even to get things moving id have to sit around the US embassy for days on end waiting for a free slot as you cant book time in .... fun!

shame as id love to come out again, miss it over there! but after the horrors ive experienced with immigration, even if the ban got lifted, no chance id risk without a visa.. unfortunately in my infinite wisdom, I didn't have the foresight to see that a stupid mistake I made 10 years ago would massively affect me, my family and my work in the future .. live & learn eh! #bellend
Samination tried reading through the US government immigration website. Bloody hell what a mess. No wonder they keep making fun of it in movies
alstorm yeah .. there is basically no actual useful information on the entire web about my situation or anything similar, it looks like a case by case basis... ace
Elipton There was a ban? Why?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
There was a ban? Why?

He probably got caught doing gigs without a proper work visa. I remember Anabolic Frolic did the same thing and had a ban on him. It was eventually lifted, but he got banned pre-9/11. I'm sure anyone banned after that had to endure a larger punishment due to those events. Sucks though as I would have loved to see you play here!
trippnface ****! that's a shame. well I will talk to promoters and such, I know its not impossible, and im sure we could get the funds together. id personally throw quite a bit to get your ass over here haha. it would be legend....<3
latininxtc
quote:
****! that's a shame. well I will talk to promoters and such, I know its not impossible, and im sure we could get the funds together. id personally throw quite a bit to get your ass over here haha. it would be legend....<3

a couple of people did that to bring in Gammer here in Houston, and they lost all of that money because the promoters who booked him for the gig never paid back those 2, maybe 3 djs that put in their own money for him to come to Houston because apparently they didn't "make a profit."

From what I was told, Gammer hated his experience in Houston and he was treated more like a nuisance than anything else. I remember seeing him on stage he was having a good time, and it was when he came off the stage he looked absolutely miserable. The fact that it was in the summer of Houston in a venue that felt like the A/C was completely shot to shit didn't help either.

So I don't think it's a wise decision to invest your own money into bringing over anybody unless you're actually gonna run a whole event yourself. Promoters will screw you over, as is tradition in many US scenes, and may end up alienating UK djs even further from even considering coming over here.
trippnface ^^ truth. there are a few reliable people in the scene who might make it happen, it would just be really be amazing to make everyone's day. shit does have a way of getting convoluted though, tis true. ****n $$$ :/ . we can dream... never know, might see AL STORM in san Francisco one day ;D
latininxtc
quote:
^^ truth. there are a few reliable people in the scene who might make it happen, it would just be really be amazing to make everyone's day. shit does have a way of getting convoluted though, tis true. ****n $$$ :/ . we can dream... never know, might see AL STORM in san Francisco one day ;D

You're better off forking over the 1,000+USD it'll take to get you to Lloret De Mar, or even Ibiza in September, and see everyone. Well worth the experience! Although if you specifically want to see Al Storm you're better off flying to the UK for an HU event, or maybe even Ibiza in September so long as they're not fucking stupid enough to leave out Al Storm too, b/c so far HTID In The Sun doesn't have him booked.

OR maybe hold off for May when Darwin will be in Toronto. Maybe Al Storm and Entity will be joining them. Even CDJay might grace us with his presence :)
trippnface I like how you think haha, I really need to go to htid in the sun, we got a group of a few ravers who leave from California. I guess its just that part of my ego that wants to see storm on my hometurf and blow abunch of kandi kids minds >:) . Canada is not to far indeed, is that for total request rave??
latininxtc
quote:
I like how you think haha, I really need to go to htid in the sun, we got a group of a few ravers who leave from California. I guess its just that part of my ego that wants to see storm on my hometurf and blow abunch of kandi kids minds >:) . Canada is not to far indeed, is that for total request rave??

Yea originally they had it in mind for November like always but had to postpone it. So Darwin is rescheduled for may 24th, along with possibly Fracus, not sure as he'll be there in March since he initially couldn't make it for November last year. Details will be out in a month or so I'm sure.

And yea you wanting Al Storm in cali is all ego for you haha. Personally I want nothing to do with the US ravers so I'm very happy to fly overseas to see all the djs on their home turf. And also, I feel more at home with the pissdrunk British ravers than the North American ones haha.
trippnface **** ya il check it out!!! never say never, I promise the hardcore crew that we rage is not even close to the stereo typical American rave scene. we get bonkers ;) ya I need to get my ass over the pond....
Craigavon raver
quote:
Surely by now, though?

CDJay

Yes! haha only took it out of the cd player the other day! quality album, love it! had a good feeling it was gonna be a good album after hearing some of storms new stuff on hu 6, and the classics cd as well, everything! well even though I've heard most of the classics, I hadn't heard a few! and the other tunes on the mix cd, absolutely love nightlife, the remix is good but not as good as the original, just brought back memories when I heard it kicking in, didn't even realize hixxy, storm & euphony did the track, but I can't for the life of me remember what cd I have the original on! i'm sure I have it and i'm sure its not on any of the bonkers cds
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
... didn't even realize hixxy, storm & euphony did the track, but I can't for the life of me remember what cd I have the original on! i'm sure I have it and i'm sure its not on any of the bonkers cds

It's on Bonkers 16 (Hixxy & Re-Con CD) and the Hixxy Remix is on CLXH3 (Hixxy's CD).

_Jay_

I played Taste The Silence to a non-Hardcore mate (actually actively dislikes Hardcore) and he said "Fcuking hell mate that is an absolute tune!".

I'm still blown away by it. Amazing track.

Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
... didn't even realize hixxy, storm & euphony did the track, but I can't for the life of me remember what cd I have the original on! i'm sure I have it and i'm sure its not on any of the bonkers cds

It's on Bonkers 16 (Hixxy & Re-Con CD) and the Hixxy Remix is on CLXH3 (Hixxy's CD).

So it is on bonkers then! haha bonkers 16 was the 1 I was thinking of to! but I know hixxy & euphony do a track near the end of the cd and I thought that what I was thinking of
dantheman First time browsing hhc forums in probably 3 years. Saw this album and immediately had to have it.

It's so good that it's atrocious. Thanks for taking me back.

Continue to make more music with Euphony please.
Craigavon raver Yes def have to agree with that! was surprised to see this album when it was coming out because I didn't think euphony was still in the scene or doing much anyway, cause I hadn't seen any tracks by him in years, but great that still at it because a great album!
Elipton Jack The Ripper is a fantastic track. I really like what Al is doing with his Eat Rave alias
chemtrailskies hella late,
but I'm really loving the 90's mixes, maybe i'm biased but i always dig em. can't get better than a new kickdrum with a 90's piano riff..always ='s a tune.
also i agree with DTM,. keep producing with euphony, it's pure gold. really enjoyed this album.

and i can't wait for more from HU. expecting nothing less from you guys, i.e this new brisk album, happy hardcore underground, ect.
djDMS I know i left it much too late but really excited about finally getting this.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I know i left it much too late but really excited about finally getting this.

When you listen, tell me Taste The Silence isn't one of the best/most original tracks of recent years!

Warnman I just finished listening intensely to this album and there's really a lot of interesting ideas involved in it. CD 2 really caused goosebumps on my skin although some tracks sounded more like Eurodance to my opinion.
Anyway, this is a very good release to my point of view. I'm glad that I bought this release!
djDMS
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I know i left it much too late but really excited about finally getting this.

When you listen, tell me Taste The Silence isn't one of the best/most original tracks of recent years!

100% with you on that mate, proper emotion provoking stuff.

Can't wait to get out and give it a good seeing to in the car
alstorm
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I just finished listening intensely to this album and there's really a lot of interesting ideas involved in it. CD 2 really caused goosebumps on my skin although some tracks sounded more like Eurodance to my opinion.
Anyway, this is a very good release to my point of view. I'm glad that I bought this release!

Thank You! - Glad you liked the Classics Disk, we felt we needed to include a few of the older 'Euro-Dance' edged tracks, purely to show where Euphony came from, as a lot of people probably aren't too aware of them, due to there age and style :)
Impulse_Response I have enjoyed listening to this whole album. CD 2 was indeed excellent! First Kontakt has always been a favorite of mine, and it seems that the mixed version on here has a neat extra vocal.
alstorm ah that was the vocal from 'Heaven 7 - Kontakt DJ' which was basically a Modernized on of First Kontakt, so we did a little mash up for the mix to spice it up a bit, although there will probably be a 'Final Kontakt' coming soon enough ;)
DJ T33 Sorry I am bait late,

To be honest I wasn't sure weather I was going to get this album but shame on me, I am sooo glad that I did. Absolutely awesome album would recommend it to any hardcore enthusiast or if you are new to hardcore. Liked pretty much every track on there :)

Great work Al Storm & Euphony.
Warnman
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I just finished listening intensely to this album and there's really a lot of interesting ideas involved in it. CD 2 really caused goosebumps on my skin although some tracks sounded more like Eurodance to my opinion.

Thank You! - Glad you liked the Classics Disk, we felt we needed to include a few of the older 'Euro-Dance' edged tracks, purely to show where Euphony came from, as a lot of people probably aren't too aware of them, due to there age and style :)

You're welcome and please don't get me wrong regarding my comment about the Eurodance sounding tracks in disk 2. I'm a huge supporter of Eurodance and old-school Hardcore back from the 90's, so I absolutely love these tracks. My comment only was refering to the people out there who expect a pure Hardcore release of classic styled tracks. It's a pure rave feeling to my opinion and this is what counts to my personal mind. Others might agree or disagree, well... but that seems to the difference between everybody's own unique taste of rave music.
Anyway,... everyone involed in this release made me very happy and had kept me occupied listening to noting else in my car for the past 2 1/2 weeks.
Sulphurik
quote:

11. Bang! - Sailaway (Storm & Euphony Remix)

Yes think this is the remix which featured on Off Yer Nut 2 from 98, Hard as Fock Mix. Think it had DJ Storm on the credits for the remix.

Hadn't heard this Sail Away remix from Seduction & Al Storm before, sounding good.
http://www.beatport.com/release/al-storm-presents-24-7-hardcore-classics-volume-1/1242396
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
quote:

So it is on bonkers then! haha bonkers 16 was the 1 I was thinking of to! but I know hixxy & euphony do a track near the end of the cd and I thought that what I was thinking of

Aye although I thought it was just Hixxy & Euphony who did Night Life original. Al Storm's Mind over Matter remix is sounding great.

It took 4.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page