Radio listeners 189+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Scott Brown's Gabba

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ultamate Scott Brown has moved to the Gabba scene, its pretty cool and worth a look. You can find it on the New Bonkers Hardcore Mix's

Were's the F***ing Hardcore
strychnine ^^ thanx 4 tha headz up, d00d :P

silver Scott was always producing gabba, he never left.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Simon ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Like he has always produced Hardcore aswell he won't leave either of them, which is great for all us Hardcore/Gabba lovers :)

Sy.
milo twilight zone rocks, but he needs to break out some new synth sounds i think

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "
Ultamate How long's he been doing Gabba. He's obviously been in the hardcore industry for a while, but Gabba?

Schuby That's cool. He's been in Gabber for a few years now. I've heard one of his gabber tracks on a Moonshine gabber comp. I don't remember which one, but I'll check.

It's funny because it happened!
Schuby The Scott Brown gabber song is off of the "Nightmares from Rotterdam U.S. Edition" and is called "geleihoofd (darrien kelly & scott brown)". The cd was released in early '99, so he must have been producing gabber for at least 4 years.

It's funny because it happened!
DJWOOWOO69 gabba & hard core f**king take of.

LIVELONG
RAVE ON
Oli G scotts being doing old bouncy gabber since fekkin years ago
look at the old tiwsted vinyls... old evolution gold's and stuff... boing but hard :)

CAM001 Out FEB2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
Hard2Get Scott Brown has been producing HHC and Gabba since 1990 :)

milo and in mixmag they call him a "relative new comer" pshhhh

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "
Stevie c Mixmag catering to the innocent masses again!!

Your into the sound of Rebellion
mercenary
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Scott Brown has been producing HHC and Gabba since 1990 :)

you know it as well, scott brown is in the hardcore factory from the beginning...

[i]Scott Brown is the old Scotland king of happy hardcore! His first released record was

<mercenary/>
mercenary hey! where's the rest of my post...?
i try it again...

quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Scott Brown has been producing HHC and Gabba since 1990 :)

you know it as well, scott brown is in the hardcore factory from the beginning...

Scott Brown is the old Scotland king of happy hardcore! His first released record was The Scotchman EP on Combined Forces. He has had countless hits. Some of them are: Hardcore Disco (under the name of Bass X), Geleihoofd (together with Darrien Kelly) and Feel the Music (together with DJ Paul). Scott spends most of his life in the recording studio where he has produced tracks for labels all over the world including Neophyte, Traxtorm, Rotterdam Records, Mokum, Baby Boom, Industrial Strength, VHU, Happy Traxx, and so on.....

i know his name since 1994, the most he's producing a melodic style of hardcore, what i really like, and now, what he's doing in the brand new happy hardcore business is very cool. sad that the europian people don't know about it much... maybe it'll be change in the near future.

<mercenary/>
DJ STYLUS When scott brown and brisk put there ideas 2geva thats when you know you got a gabber treat!

------------------------------------
ALL FOR YOU IF YOU STAY TRUE
------------------------------------
jonny i reckon scott brown should play the original stuff, like he used to and leave the gabber to the dutch masters like neophyte and the rotterdam terror corps.

DJ Mouse no way! he's doing a good job right now so should stick with what he's doing. i'm sure a fair few of you will agree

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
fazza shut up jon! wot u on about!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
Hydra Scott has been doing both gabber and happy hardcore for a pretty long time... In 1994 he was already involved with happy hardcore in Q-tex and Eguazion (Core Records) and when he went to the Netherlands he wanted to release harder stuff (inspired by DJ's like DJ Paul, DJ Rob, DJ Waxweazle) and Neophyte, cause his recordcompany in Scotland didn't want to release it at first...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a love but it didn't last...
Wonderfull days belong to the past!
Hard2Get Evolution records started in 1994 :)

SINIZTA Scott Brown iz a Godsend of a producer! Whatever he touchs iz a banger, Gabber,HappyHardcore, r Trance(I heard sum Scott Brown Trance!)! My fav producer ever, besides tha RZA!His shit makes your spine tingle when it's playing! Straight tear-jerkers!

"Ain't nothing 2 **** wit"
Hydra Hmm, you made me curious about the trance song by him! What is it called and when was it released?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a love but it didn't last...
Wonderfull days belong to the past!
Simon Scott Browns doing quite a good job with his gabba his styles okay....However I myself if listening to gabba prefer Clarkee or Producer Stuff....a lot quicker :-)

Sy.
SINIZTA Moonshine distrubutuion put out several c.d.'s entitled Xperience Happy Hardcore, Xperience Trance, etc., and n tha album credits of both those c.d.'s, it says "All songs produced & written by Scott Brown"! But like he always does, he goes under differant names, so u only see Scott Brown on tha track listing once!

"Ain't nothing 2 **** wit"
dj_stey_iz_ere Scott Brown is ace Rock on rock on is a top tune

------------------------
Dont drink and drive,

smoke Weed and fly
djtommyrenegade i like some of scotts newer stuff, chase, do not attempt, and i love the old stuff like Now is the time, but i recently heard his remix of eyeopener, and it sucked! same synths as chase, really heavy kickdrum and v v dark. Now IMO he ruined a killer hardcore tune, eyeopener is meant to be light and bouncy not heavy dark and ... well ... gabba,
BTW wud anyone be willing to part with their brisk and trixxy - eyeopener on vinyl? or recommend were i cud get it?
I tryed NG represses but unfortunatley it was released on slammin', do they have a different site to order vinyl of????

DJ Tommy Renegade

NORTHERN IRELAND HARDCORE POSSE!
atomicb I'd agree with you there.... I mean fairplay it's an ok tuen.. but eyeopner just shouldn't be that kinda tune. But yeah chase, very good, twilight zone good, ghosts, rather good (release it plz :D). So it's all good :D

whitelabel12 If ur after Scott Brown prodcued trance listen to any of the Q-tex Equazion Eps - i've only gopt part 5 but i know they went up to about part 11. Also no-one's ever done - or probably ever will do bouncy techno the way scott brown did - repetitve maybe, but straight up guaranteed to get ya pogo-ing like an idiot!!!!

someone once said about video games that watching a little man run round a dark room munching pills n listening to repetitve music would have a bad effect on the youth of today - what did they know???
DJ Mouse
quote:
Originally posted by Slipmatt:
but i recently heard his remix of eyeopener, and it sucked! same synths as chase

if you're looking at it that way,how many tunes use the same piano style as elysium, let alone the same piano bank,or the same kickdrum in joints to rock as do not attempt. i'm not saying every tune mr brown does sounds the same,but the synths are there to be used and there's no harm in using the same synth in 1 or tunes as long as it's not ott. and after all every rock band uses the same guitar,bass and drums in their tunes in the end.

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
virus scott brown has produced lots of types of dance music.. trance, house, hardcore, and gabba, eurodance..

TweekiN Scott Brown Hes our man
if he can't do it NO1 CAN

www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=228695

The FORCE is strong with this one

Go hard or GO HOME!!
sargatanas2k3 Scott Brown is an amazin DJ and he deserves his place on bonkers. He can do any style of dance music and od it well but i prefer his Hardcore to his Gabba, but both are fantastic

tommo I love almost all of the music Scott Brown plays but I think Hardcore is
definately his strong point.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
hooverlover Scot brown is GOD! his tunes are all good and well produced, I prefur his happyhardcore....thing is tho the anoying thing for me is that most of his gabber stuff is good but uses the same sounds/synth etc and same structure ideas, he needs to make his gabber tunes different from each other alot more than he is now.

I think UK garage is crap IMO
tommo ^^^
For once hoover I agree with you.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

It took 1.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page