Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Powerstomp?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Child Prodigy Is it a new style of UK Hardcore?
The drunken scotsman Kind of, it's the name that joey riot and Kurt have given to their music. It is amazing imo
djDMS It is indeed good stuff, but it's basically what they've been doing all along with a new name slapped on it.

No idea why 'Hardcore' isn't good enough.
Samination not exactly new. Joey and Kurt has been producing it since 2006 imo. It's kinda like a new Bounce stuff I recon... but with more melody :P
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
No idea why 'Hardcore' isn't good enough.

Yes, 'Powerstomp' is definitely a downgrade as well.
wong it's just basically joey n kurt trying to make out they've got their own sub-genre . its just bouncy hardcore
DJ Hellfury Still remembering one random comment on facebook "dude, that's just speed-up hardstyle!"

Anyway, there are a 1-3 decent powerstomp tunes out there atm. and I have the feeling that they actually did something "new", it sounds different from their early lethal theory stuff imo.
_Jay_ Goes down pretty fcuking special on the dancefloor innit. Did some of my best fisting during Kurt & Joey's set. You can really send her home.

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG FIST FIST FIST FIST FIST FIST BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG FIST FIST FIST.
Samination ... DMS, what have you done to him?
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
... DMS, what have you done to him?

quote:
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG FIST FIST FIST FIST FIST FIST BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG FIST FIST FIST.

... probably

Kebab Head powerstomp is different to joey and kurts earleir stugg wtf u guys on about?

anyway.... its shite.. they beats are far too close to eachother..
wong yeah i agree it sounds nothing like their earlier stugg, but this powerstomp stugg is pretty good though imo, although i did much prefer their stugg from around 2005 -2006

_Jay_ "Everyday wong's stuggling"

Kebab Head
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
yeah i agree it sounds nothing like their earlier stugg, but this powerstomp stugg is pretty good though imo, although i did much prefer their stugg from around 2005 -2006

Craig David
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
Goes down pretty fcuking special on the dancefloor innit. Did some of my best fisting during Kurt & Joey's set. You can really send her home.

****ing lol.
skarr
quote:
it's just basically joey n kurt trying to make out they've got their own sub-genre . its just bouncy hardcore

lol, good point, sooner or later every dj is gonna try n make out they've got their own little sub genre goin on, 'uplifting 2 step bass driven bouncy uk plastic core '
Spyanova Its basically a name that the Lethal Theory lot have knocked up from nowhere. Its meant to describe their harder hitting electro/minimal core, but frankly its largely ineffective and quite boring.

Their style is more akin to Hardtek anyway..
latininxtc I always thought it was one song that they were pushing as an anthem lol. Finally heard one of their powerstomp remixes and it's not bad I like it, although it does have very similar properties as hardstyle does, just faster.

But I gotta say that Al Twisted & Rob Da Rhythm already kind of beat them to it

DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
lol, good point, sooner or later every dj is gonna try n make out they've got their own little sub genre goin on, 'uplifting 2 step bass driven bouncy uk plastic core '

Well, if I'm able to produce some decent tunes I would push an sub-genre called Corpsebeat (wordplay of Corpsepaint), mixing hardcore and black metal altogether... just to annoy some folks in my area. ^^' [/joke]

Captain Triceps I imagine it was them pushing there own brand of hardcore. It's different enough from most other UK stuff to warrant its own description (even if it's a little conceited), but I don't think it's pushing itself as an alternative/new style of hardcore like freeform did in the 90's.

I don't mind it too much. I can see how it would get boring after a while though, some of it doesn't change enough. It's a nice speed (hardstyle bores the shit out of me), not so fast that you can't chuck it into a UK hardcore set like hardtek, and reminds me of the old bouncy techno stuff - hard, fast, in-your-face rave music.

Giving it it's own identity like the Lethal Theory boys have done definitely raises it's profile somewhat, especially to folk that might have been ignorant to their music beforehand.
Samination The basicly stole the idea and style of music from Sy & Unknown. Back in 2003-04 they where basicly the only ones that still sounded "hardcore"
_Jay_ I know people are going to talk about it and will carry on talking about it, but it really doesn't bother me. It's just Hardcore man. Not stuff I'd really listen to at home, but it does the business on the dancefloor. And Powerstomp is a good name for it, if you were going to name it.

I would probably book Joey or Kurt for an event. If I ever get around to putting one on.
Hard2Get
quote:
The basicly stole the idea and style of music from Sy & Unknown. Back in 2003-04 they where basicly the only ones that still sounded "hardcore"

Was a great sound they had.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
I always thought it was one song that they were pushing as an anthem lol. Finally heard one of their powerstomp remixes and it's not bad I like it, although it does have very similar properties as hardstyle does, just faster.

But I gotta say that Al Twisted & Rob Da Rhythm already kind of beat them to it

I prefer Joey's or Kurt's "Powerstomp" to that track tho.
wong it's just bouncy hardcore, nothing more, nothing less
Samination I also prefer it to bouncy Happy Hardcore (old Scott Brown stuff) aswell :P
Torpex Sowerptomp.
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
quote:
it's just basically joey n kurt trying to make out they've got their own sub-genre . its just bouncy hardcore

Welcome to the foundation of "UK Hardcore" And "Trancecore/Freeform Hardcore"! Or the reason why the Dutch have started call Gabber/Gabba Hardcore today.
Claxton I love it! It's a real dancefloor driven sound.

Usually features a punchy kick and reversed bass. There are limited ways to make it different; but I generally like it. As Jay has said, it is fist pumping music.

I think it sound more like slowed down frenchcore than sped up hardstyle, especially the way that Joey Riot drops it.

Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Sowerptomp.

Sourstomp.
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I love it! It's a real dancefloor driven sound.

Usually features a punchy kick and reversed bass. There are limited ways to make it different; but I generally like it. As Jay has said, it is fist pumping music.

I think it sound more like slowed down frenchcore than sped up hardstyle, especially the way that Joey Riot drops it.

Any examples by the way? That one clip someone posted sounded really good (as Hardcore goes).
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Sowerptomp.

Sourstomp.
quote:
I love it! It's a real dancefloor driven sound.

Any examples by the way? That one clip someone posted sounded really good (as Hardcore goes).

here you go dude...

Samination
Hard2Get So it's basically just how Hardcore was supposed to sound (although extremely Hardstyle/Hard Tek influenced in some cases) and people have forgotten, and named it something else? Rock Ya Hardcore sounds much better to me now than it did when it was new. Also i know people don't like the remix of Power Of Love but i actually think it sounds really fat. I think Latinxtc's link is the best example. I like the minimalism. Actually sounds like 'Hardcore' too. With the stuff Jay has been showing me and this stuff it seems there is a fair few people still interested in making hard sounding music. This is good.
DJ Hellfury https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151555926164670

And now, a sub-sub-genre, Rawstomp ^^'
Hard2Get Rawstomp LOL. This is getting silly.
quote:

Video Unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Rawstomp LOL. This is getting silly.
quote:

Video Unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/23392451/file.html
wong
quote:
So it's basically just how Hardcore was supposed to sound (although extremely Hardstyle/Hard Tek influenced in some cases) and people have forgotten, and named it something else?

exactly
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151555926164670

And now, a sub-sub-genre, Rawstomp ^^'

Who is that by?

Honestly that doesn't sound like anything we haven't already heard before. Plus dumb idea to try and do a transformers remix I never liked it when S3RL did it and I really don't like it on this one either.
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Who is that by?

Eufeion
_Jay_
quote:
With the stuff Jay has been showing me and this stuff it seems there is a fair few people still interested in making hard sounding music. This is good.

Plenty of good shit out there man. Plenty.

Things are looking good for Hardcore fans at the moment. Some phenomenal small-to-mid sized raves going on, some fantastic forthcoming albums, some fcuking ridiculous Freeform about, this dancefloor-heavy Powerstomp stuff.

I think I might have to put a rave on...
djDMS
quote:
quote:
With the stuff Jay has been showing me....

Dirty boy

I think I might have to put a rave on...

Deja vu....
_Jay_ lol, me showing Matt inappropriateness again?
Kebab Head I've changed my mind about power stomp after listening to this

http://m.soundcloud.com/djkurt/dj-kurt-mc-wotsee-powerstomp
Kandi Hippie
quote:
"Everyday wong's stuggling"

You know, it's just crazy to see someone make that stupid song sound good? Gotta love the power of hardcore :)
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
I've changed my mind about power stomp after listening to this

http://m.soundcloud.com/djkurt/dj-kurt-mc-wotsee-powerstomp

The first tune on that set is an absolute monster! Have heard this at a couple of events and I know it's by Kurt but I have no idea what it's called. Anyone help out with that?

_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Kandi Hippie:
You know, it's just crazy to see someone make that stupid song sound good? Gotta love the power of hardcore :)

Ha! Definitely. I gave it a run out when I was having a mix with a friend last weekend. Stupidly good fun, that tune.
_Jay_ Is this Powerstomp-ish? Or should just not even be trying to bother with all this labelling business and say that it's just Hardcore that's quite stompy and bouncy?

https://soundcloud.com/alex-bassjunkie/lady-dubbz-give-it-to-me-abj
Spyanova Sounds like Hardcore
Elliott Powerstomp is a registered trademark of Lethal Theory.

Remember, kids: If it ain't on Lethal Theory, it ain't Powerstomp!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Spyanova:
Sounds like Hardcore

Hardcore as in a gabber-y way? hell no...
Spyanova
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Powerstomp is a registered trademark of Lethal Theory.

Remember, kids: If it ain't on Lethal Theory, it ain't Powerstomp!

Have they actually patented it?? :O
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
Sounds like Hardcore

Think you're over complicating it lol. It's highly likely he actually meant just Hardcore, UK Hardcore. It clearly sounds nothing like Dutch Hardcore.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sounds like Hardcore

Think you're over complicating it lol. It's highly likely he actually meant just Hardcore, UK Hardcore. It clearly sounds nothing like Dutch Hardcore.

Are you saying there's no english gabber-y hardcore? :) But then, what is Hardcore?
Triquatra Hardcore is in the ear of the beholder.
DJ Hellfury Hardcore is a lifestyle for the chosen ones
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sounds like Hardcore

Are you saying there's no english gabber-y hardcore? :) But then, what is Hardcore?

I'm saying that if he said Hardcore then that's is almost definitely what he meant. English people call Dutch etc Hardcore 'Gabber'.
DJ Hellfury
quote:
I'm saying that if he said Hardcore then that's is almost definitely what he meant. English people call Dutch etc Hardcore 'Gabber'.

Or Gabba, like I did when I start listening to UKH ^^'
Claxton https://www.facebook.com/kurt.lethaltheory

Kurt just posted a video on facebook. A powerstomp mix of 'Kick it'. Sounds super bouncy!!
MaidenV I like how he keeps his electric toothbrush on his production desk
DJ Hellfury dat toothbrush indeed
_Jay_ PowerTrance:

https://soundcloud.com/djkurt/adagio-for-strings-dj-kurts#play
latininxtc
quote:
PowerTrance:

https://soundcloud.com/djkurt/adagio-for-strings-dj-kurts#play

aw lawd not another adagio for strings remix!
_Jay_ The K-Complex mix was really good.
Hard2Get The only one i ever liked was the original remix that Ferry Corsten did in 1999. Don't even like that anymore. K-Complex's remix is a remix of Tiesto's remix.
TTE
quote:
The only one i ever liked was the original remix that Ferry Corsten did in 1999. Don't even like that anymore. K-Complex's remix is a remix of Tiesto's remix.

^^^ this.
DJ Hellfury only liked the K Complex remix tbh. ^^' Extremly powerful, even when it's a goddamn inception-like remix.
DJ Hellfury https://soundcloud.com/alex-bassjunkie/free-download-q-tex-power-of

Hard2Get
quote:
only liked the K Complex remix tbh. ^^' Extremly powerful, even when it's a goddamn inception-like remix.

Problem with that version is that only half the melody is actually there, on loop. Doesn't sound right.
Serenity
quote:
The K-Complex mix was really good.

Agreed, still have the vinyl. I like the ferry corsten version too. Not a big fan of the new one, but not much new 4/4 hardcore (powerstomp?) makes me go WOW that was amazing.
Vladel
quote:
https://soundcloud.com/alex-bassjunkie/free-download-q-tex-power-of

isn't there an mp3 of that?
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
https://soundcloud.com/alex-bassjunkie/free-download-q-tex-power-of

The link is the mp3 of it, lol.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Serenity:
quote:
The K-Complex mix was really good.

Agreed, still have the vinyl. I like the ferry corsten version too. Not a big fan of the new one, but not much new 4/4 hardcore (powerstomp?) makes me go WOW that was amazing.

There's still quite a lot of decent stuff out there. Depends where you look and what your tastes are, I guess. Much harder to find than it used to be, but it's still there.

quote:

It was available, yeah. Download limit may have been reached. I've noticed with the new SoundCloud layout, it doesn't tell you that a download limit has been reached, it just removes the download button altogether.

You can still grab it if you want. I put it on my site.

Quite near the top of 'Week Added: 6th-12th May, 2013' on this page: http://hardcorehighlights.com/track-archive/2013-part-1/
Vladel The problem i have with powerstomp is that when the breakdown and synth ends and the powerstomp kicks in, it all seems a bit dull and lifeless to me. I find myself thinking that it's not worth all the build up.
Samination
quote:
The problem i have with powerstomp is that when the breakdown and synth ends and the powerstomp kicks in, it all seems a bit dull and lifeless to me. I find myself thinking that it's not worth all the build up.

depends on who makes it. I'd say that Joey Riot is guilty of it mostly, but I can't say that DJ Kurt does it like that.
_Jay_
quote:
The problem i have with powerstomp is that when the breakdown and synth ends and the powerstomp kicks in, it all seems a bit dull and lifeless to me. I find myself thinking that it's not worth all the build up.

Yeah, I definitely see what you're saying. There's less an explosion of energy, more a continuation of forceful momentum. Trudging on. I have experienced this first-hand on the dancefloor, though, and I have to say it was really very, very good. You don't stand around thinking "Fcuk sake, that's killed it". You really do Powerstomp your way through the whole track, and the whole set for that matter.
Alex BassJunkie I think it all goes down as Hardcore, but with the huge difference between the hard bouncy 'Powerstomp' sound and the electro/dubstep Futureworld sound, i think a distinctive name for both needed to be made to distinguish them from one another.

I only called my recent few tracks Powerstomp because they don't really fit into any other sub-genre within UK Hardcore, they are mostly a product of the influence i got from 2000-2005 Reverse Bass Hardstyle, and also with Kurt and Joey pushing a similar sound, i thought it would be a good idea to start making a bit more of it (as it never really went down well a few years back, but i had so much fun making it!).
Kebab Head anyone know anywhere to download any powerstomp sets?

DOWNLOAD not stream
Samination search for joey riot or dj kurt on soundcloud or mixcloud, they might have some sets there
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Alex BassJunkie:
I think it all goes down as Hardcore, but with the huge difference between the hard bouncy 'Powerstomp' sound and the electro/dubstep Futureworld sound, i think a distinctive name for both needed to be made to distinguish them from one another.

I only called my recent few tracks Powerstomp because they don't really fit into any other sub-genre within UK Hardcore, they are mostly a product of the influence i got from 2000-2005 Reverse Bass Hardstyle, and also with Kurt and Joey pushing a similar sound, i thought it would be a good idea to start making a bit more of it (as it never really went down well a few years back, but i had so much fun making it!).

Really enjoying the tracks that you've been making recently that are like this.
DJ Hellfury
quote:
quote:
I think it all goes down as Hardcore, but with the huge difference between the hard bouncy 'Powerstomp' sound and the electro/dubstep Futureworld sound, i think a distinctive name for both needed to be made to distinguish them from one another.

specially Heisenberg made me go WOW, everytime i imagine that it would have been even more awesome to use "I AM.. THE. ONE. WHO. STOMPS" instead of "KNOCKS" :))
_Jay_
quote:
specially Heisenberg made me go WOW, everytime i imagine that it would have been even more awesome to use "I AM.. THE. ONE. WHO. STOMPS" instead of "KNOCKS" :))

Down Low is the Powerstomp one that I like.

Also really like Daydream, but that's more of a conventional/melodic UK Hardcore tune.
Kebab Head
quote:
search for joey riot or dj kurt on soundcloud or mixcloud, they might have some sets there

obviously I've done this as I.posted a joey riot mix on page 2

I also said DOWNLOAD not stream :)
Alex BassJunkie
quote:
quote:

Thanks man i'm glad people are liking it, there's gonna be a lot more on the way and maybe some experimental stuff also :)

MC Deecee I never really paid much attention to it when it first started taking over, as it did seem that everyone was jumping on the bandwagon with it, omg, powerstomp powerrangers powernap powerlift eweer eweer powerstomp powerstomp powerstomp, all about the powerstomp!!!!!!
but i did listen to some last week and i like it, especially kurts remix of the collective - kick it, that is by far my favourite track ive heard so far when it comes to powerstomp, in fact, id go as far as to say its my favourite track of the year so far.
dj-kurt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCMGuVOeYg
dj-kurt Just putting the stomp back into Hardcore music it should be. Hence the name :)

Darts
quote:
Originally posted by dj-kurt:
Just putting the stomp back into Hardcore music it should be.

amen to that!
DJ Reevzy In my mind it's HAPPY Hardcore! Pretty much all genres have sub genres so nothing new.

At the end of the day if it makes u wana swing ya pants then all good!
Samination Hardcore had stomp? I thought it had those distorted kicks dutch happy had
Sc@r Def has put energy back into raves!

Also good to see new producers also getting into it as well.

This ones been getting lots of reaction n good feedback on the floor from Eufeion & Patch

https://www.trackitdown.net/track/eufeion-and-patch/power-shock-original-mix/hardcore/5982415.html
Claxton Just come across this remake of a classic!! Wouldn't call it full on powerstomp mind. But it's Kurt.

https://soundcloud.com/djkurt/forever-autumn-dj-kurt-feat
_Jay_
quote:
Just come across this remake of a classic!! Wouldn't call it full on powerstomp mind. But it's Kurt.

https://soundcloud.com/djkurt/forever-autumn-dj-kurt-feat

Yeah I head this a while ago, Ben. Absolutely monstrous. Love it.
Sulphurik This is Power Stomp.
http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/2

Have heard some clips, not so sure I like it but some tracks sound ok.

Not sure how to describe it - influences from hardcore, hard dance and electro.
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:

its hardcore
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:

its hardcore

Call it hardcore if you want.

Joey Riot vs Defective vs Adman - This Track Is Fire. Adman?? Adam McEvoy, doubt it.
wong
quote:
quote:
quote:

its hardcore

Joey Riot vs Defective vs Adman - This Track Is Fire. Adman?? Adam McEvoy, doubt it.

I do, cus thats what it is :)

Good bouncy hardcore

CDJay I think he means it isn't the same Adman as seen in the 90s on stuff like Pleasure & Pain etc.

CDJay

Sulphurik I know this is bit old but still quality!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAO8lflSs40
Karthy Personally I like the whole powerstomp sound, can imagine it goes down extremely well at a rave! And I've heard plenty of people say it does too! As for the new sub genre name thingy whatever, I think it fits. It has a very similar structure to your usual UK Hardcore but the feeling of powerstomp is very different. Whether it's worth the new genre name... whatever, does it matter? :P

I just see it as Joey Riot and Kurts sound, just like I assosiate the electro hardcore sound with other artists, really doesn't bother me that they're labelling it as such though.. Pretty sure it works marketing wise, and your average consumer clearly isn't bothered by it either, makes it easier for them to know what to fist to! ;)
Kebab Head
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

its hardcore

I do, cus thats what it is :)

Good bouncy hardcore

powerstomp is awesome just what hardcore needed
Sulphurik
quote:

Is it? Alot of it doesn't really sound anything different to the electro sounding hardcore that's been about.
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
Personally I like the whole powerstomp sound, can imagine it goes down extremely well at a rave! And I've heard plenty of people say it does too! As for the new sub genre name thingy whatever, I think it fits. It has a very similar structure to your usual UK Hardcore but the feeling of powerstomp is very different. Whether it's worth the new genre name... whatever, does it matter? :P

I just see it as Joey Riot and Kurts sound, just like I assosiate the electro hardcore sound with other artists, really doesn't bother me that they're labelling it as such though.. Pretty sure it works marketing wise, and your average consumer clearly isn't bothered by it either, makes it easier for them to know what to fist to! ;)

Perfectly summed up for me.
Samination
quote:
quote:

Is it? Alot of it doesn't really sound anything different to the electro sounding hardcore that's been about.

Listen more to Kurt's stuff. His is generally more melodic than Joey, but Joey has outdone himself on a few tracks on the TIPS album
_Jay_
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
Personally I like the whole powerstomp sound, can imagine it goes down extremely well at a rave! And I've heard plenty of people say it does too! As for the new sub genre name thingy whatever, I think it fits. It has a very similar structure to your usual UK Hardcore but the feeling of powerstomp is very different. Whether it's worth the new genre name... whatever, does it matter? :P

Perfectly summed up for me.

Agreed, he speaks the truth!
Kebab Head
quote:
quote:

It's **** all like electro

Vladel I know it's an old thread but i thought it better to say this here than in a new thread and i'm sorry if this comes across as a bit negative....

BUT the "this is powerstomp" has some cracking stuff on it but also a load of s*** but overall i enjoyed it a lot. Since then Joey had given away a couple of tracks on FB etc that i think actually outshine a lot of the good stuff on the album and i reckon powerstomp is getting better IF it's lethal theory.

I have noticed other releases that copy the style and sometimes are branded as powerstomp and i know that it's nothing new for people to make music that sounds like other folk. It happens all the time but i have noticed that these "copiers" tend to be knocking out very sub-standard music that isn't really worthy of the title and it's annoying. I do honestly think if it aint lethal theory, it aint powerstomp.

it's pathetic.
latininxtc
quote:
I know it's an old thread but i thought it better to say this here than in a new thread and i'm sorry if this comes across as a bit negative....

BUT the "this is powerstomp" has some cracking stuff on it but also a load of s*** but overall i enjoyed it a lot. Since then Joey had given away a couple of tracks on FB etc that i think actually outshine a lot of the good stuff on the album and i reckon powerstomp is getting better IF it's lethal theory.

You're not completely alone on that one. While there are some tracks I think are great, overall it's not an outstanding album. For me it's just too much of one thing and that kills it for me, because I enjoy variety in my tracks. Maybe if I heard powerstomp live I would be more into it and I'd be able to see if I really could withstand a whole set of nothing but the stuff.

As far as HU album releases go, it's one of my least listened to, along with HU2013.
CDJay I find it fascinating, as it essentially started as a rebellious subset. Almost counter culture. That sort of thing can remain defined as such but cleverly, in my smug self satisfied opinion, it is now absorbing influences whilst remaining true to it's essence. Something which, as a wider genre, we have failed to do at variously key junctures. This is essential for a movement to get traction and sustain relevance. TIP could be accused of being one note, but it was clearly a resonant one.

I think 2014 will be a defining year for various facets, which with an open and supportive framework could lead to a second renaissance of "UK Hardcore" which, happily, may be slightly more internationally inclusive and supportive than previous incarnations.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I find it fascinating, as it essentially started as a rebellious subset. Almost counter culture. That sort of thing can remain defined as such but cleverly, in my smug self satisfied opinion, it is now absorbing influences whilst remaining true to it's essence. Something which, as a wider genre, we have failed to do at variously key junctures. This is essential for a movement to get traction and sustain relevance. TIP could be accused of being one note, but it was clearly a resonant one.

Were you a literature major or something? you have a way with words
Hard2Get
quote:
I find it fascinating, as it essentially started as a rebellious subset. Almost counter culture. That sort of thing can remain defined as such but cleverly, in my smug self satisfied opinion, it is now absorbing influences whilst remaining true to it's essence. Something which, as a wider genre, we have failed to do at variously key junctures. This is essential for a movement to get traction and sustain relevance. TIP could be accused of being one note, but it was clearly a resonant one.

I think 2014 will be a defining year for various facets, which with an open and supportive framework could lead to a second renaissance of "UK Hardcore" which, happily, may be slightly more internationally inclusive and supportive than previous incarnations.

CDJay

I certainly feel that Hardcore has vastly improved in the last year and a bit (mostly the last year). Not necessarily in that i like it more (although i do), but in the way the genre has moved closer to how it used to be pre-2005. Music and albums made for the music and the dedicated listeners of it without compromising quality by trying to gain a more average audience for the hope of financial gain. This is very refreshing. And the great thing is that i don't even think it's down to the logical progression of the genre following commercial success, there are a specific number of people directly responsible in accelerating the progress, proving that there really are people out there who care about the music and don't just see it as a business.
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:

CDJay

I certainly feel that Hardcore has vastly improved in the last year and a bit (mostly the last year). Not necessarily in that i like it more (although i do), but in the way the genre has moved further back to what it originally was. Music and albums made for the music the dedicated fans of it without compromising quality for the hope of financial gain. This is very refreshing.

Hard2Get is right, this calls for a bouncy techno revival!
CDJay
quote:
Were you a literature major or something? you have a way with words

Alas, no. I was at the pub. See also: HU1.

CDJay
_Jay_
quote:
Alas, no. I was at the pub. See also: HU1.

CDJay

You did HU1 whilst you were at Uni?!

Also, you in Lichfield tomorrow night? Tequila sesh?

CDJay No, i drank some vodka then wrote the blurb. Straight after that i sent that blurb to the artwork guy with instructions to make my photo "bigger than the DJs". The problem, of course, is that i inevitably wake up and think "YEA, DAMN RIGHT". My eventual intervention will run like a montage of inspiration.

Aaaaaaanyway.

CDJay
CDJay Yes i fully plan to make a working evening of tomorrow, networking and the like.

I fear for us all.

CDJay
Hard2Get
quote:
Yes i fully plan to make a working evening of tomorrow, networking and the like.

Good luck with that.
CDJay My definition of the aforementioned is loose enough to call it a success even irrespective of reality based constraints.

In this industry i call this a "Sanity Blanket"

CDJay
_Jay_

I basically didn't understand any of the last three posts.

CDJay I will be there, with bells on. Fun times shall be had.

CDJay
djDMS I will be at home, gently rocking and wallowing in my own self pity.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I will be at home, gently rocking and wallowing in my own self pity.

It's ok. I'll just have Jay to myself.
djDMS You bitch!

It took 5.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page