Radio listeners 166+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Fruity Loops

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
djscavenger What are peoples opinions on Fruity Loops 11? Im just starting out and want software that is easy to use so I can learn the basics. I've tried the demo and it seems ok but im not sure if I should purchase it.

I would appriciate some advice if there is anything better or if fruity loops is the way to go?
DJ SMALOUM fl studio is easy to use that's right. but the quality sound releases not very good after export.
Shades here we go again.....

fl fanboys vs cubase fanboys

it's a choice you alone must make

imho it's not the daw thats important, its how you use it,

It makes a big difference what vst's & effect plugins you decide to use inside of it
Torpex There's absolutely no difference in sound quality between, say, Cubase and FL Studio. Use whatever works for you. :)
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by DJ SMALOUM:
the quality sound releases not very good after export.

Incorrect
Hard2Get I think there is a difference, or there used to be. But it's insignificant compared to actual ability to use either one of them (and fairly insignificant either way).
Captain Triceps There probably seemed a difference once upon a time because it was generally thought that Fruity Loops was a toy (to be fair it was a LOT more limited then it is today), and nobody worth their salt would touch it. Meaning those that were using it probably didn't know HOW to make an end result sound much good, compared to the 'professionals' that were using Cubase et al, with their hardware synths and mixers and everything else.
Different story now, there are several bigger artists that use it (or have at least praised it somewhat).
A lot of the end result depends on the environment you are in, as well. I would definitely recommend FL Studio, particularly for someone who is just starting out, like yourself. Affordable, incredibly easy to use and a lot deeper then (still, too many) folk realise.
Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I think there is a difference, or there used to be. But it's insignificant compared to actual ability to use either one of them (and fairly insignificant either way).

Used to be a long while ago. Now mathematically impossible for there to be a difference when rendering 32 bit WAV as the decimal rounding differences are indistinguishable. I've got FL and Cubase though and have rendered a few identical tests, certainly can't hear a difference. Not even at lower qualities either. People need to look into what all the settings do when rendering though and make sure it's all set up properly.
djscavenger Thats for the feedback, I'm definatly thinking FL Studio is the way to go, the plug in's seem decent as well.
Kwipper TL;DR: There is no best DAW. Find out what works for you by trying them all.

Long Answer:

I am a FL Studio user and just like with any other DAW I have used, the quality of the output will only be as good as it's input. Which means, if you make a crappy sounding track in the DAW, it's output will be also equally as crappy.

IMHO I think people should try out different DAW's and see what works for them. That is what I did and FL Studio 11's layout and design seemed to just click for me. It may not be for everyone since everyone is different, and thus why I recommend everyone try out different DAWs to find out which one works for you.
The Dopeman
quote:
Originally posted by Kwipper:
I think people should try out different DAW's and see what works for them.

i agree i tried usind reason & cubase but couldn't get the hang of them been using FL since the 5th versioni use 10 can never be bothered upgrading to 11 lol
Hard2Get I think it went downhill after 5. I started using Cubase when i was using FL version 5. Although i didn't move to Cubase for that reason. I had been meaning to for a long time.
Dys7
quote:
fl studio is easy to use that's right. but the quality sound releases not very good after export.

So tired of people spouting this.
Absolutely not true in any way.
Future_Shock Why is it always cubase vs. FL?

This seems to be only an argument in EDM. Outside of EDM, in real studios, they use ProTools pretty unanimously. Except for the mixing desks that have their own integrated DAW - which technically isn't any of these companies.

That being said, neither is better. Their sound engines are the same. Exporting at a 32 bit wav will produce nothing different on either side.

Just use whatever is more instinctual for you.
Dj Frankey i imo i dnt think ther any diffrence plus if ya wont 2 learn things ya best off youtubing the tutorials of what genre u wont 2 make thn go frm ther (y)

https://soundcloud.com/frankeyboii/general-makina-trauma-dj

https://soundcloud.com/frankeyboii

any 1 who follows me i dnt mind following thm back thanks

Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
fl studio is easy to use that's right. but the quality sound releases not very good after export.

So tired of people spouting this.
Absolutely not true in any way.

I agree with this. It can be as good or as bad as the producer using it.

Personally, I think most of the amateur producers use Fruity Loops because it's simpler, accessible and cheaper. Because beginners use it, people seem to think that the quality is worse because the average quality of music is pulled down by beginners. That's illusive, but there are a lot of commercially successful acts using FL. High Rankin for example. I doubt very much that there's a quality drop on a 512-point-sync 32-bit float wave file. However, it might use a codec for exporting MP3 that damages quality, but you'd be silly to use FL for that purpose anyway. I export to wave, master externally, then I tend to use Audacity for exporting wave to MP3 because you can choose what codec it compresses the sound with.
DJ SCOTT DEVOTION Nothing wrong with FL. You can have a million pound studio, if you are not good at writting music then its worthless, it is what you make of it and how you use it.

Go with what you feel is best for you to learn on and push forward. :)

It took 1.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page