Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Crossfade Thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Elipton Being Western, and therefore retarded, I have real trouble keeping up with all the Japanese and Korean crossfade demo's going about on Soundcloud. Is there any chance we could use this thread to post and keep up on them?

I found these this week:

Audio Warfare What's crossfade exactly? Some sort of mix series or something?
versia
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
What's crossfade exactly? Some sort of mix series or something?

basically, a lot of international labels advertise their new eps/albums by doing crossfades. it's basically just an album preview, but previewing every track on the album at once.
DJ D-Luc-D I'll be picking that Speed Star one up :D

Olly you should really check my SoundCloud stream, I repost pretty much any Comiket/M3 release while the event is upcoming. xD
There aren't many hardcore-only things but this is the closest I can get:

Also its not hardcore but shintaro deserves more attention, he'll release "Nothing Like the Sun" at M3:

Hard2Get A more fitting title might be 'album previews'.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
A more fitting title might be 'album previews'.

Lol!

That really tickled me!
Elipton
quote:

Then this thread would be filled with any old rubbish. Crossfades are something intrinsic with Japanese releases, so I don't think it should be titled 'album previews'.

Also, Nothing Like The Sun is beautiful! Has that mid-00's Trance kind of sound. Sweeping breakdowns and wonderful melodic leads.

Didn't think much of the 2M XFD though. Was that a "Saints go Marching in" remix? The first track was nice, but lacked any kind of bass. It had a bassline with no bass :'(
djDMS Japanese album oreviews?
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Japanese album oreviews?

Or a Crossfade thread. A little bewildered that none of you seem to know what they are. You all have Soundcloud accounts, right? There's a lot of awesome Hardcore existing you're ignorant of.
djDMS Yep, i know nothing!
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Yep, i know nothing!

we know even less than you mate. :)

Mind you, this Crossfade malarky is good if you're looking for something new.

....something 'New'. Wouldn't that be nice.
DJ D-Luc-D More calming stuff, this time from itm:

quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

Then this thread would be filled with any old rubbish. Crossfades are something intrinsic with Japanese releases, so I don't think it should be titled 'album previews'.

Also, Nothing Like The Sun is beautiful! Has that mid-00's Trance kind of sound. Sweeping breakdowns and wonderful melodic leads.

Didn't think much of the 2M XFD though. Was that a "Saints go Marching in" remix? The first track was nice, but lacked any kind of bass. It had a bassline with no bass :'(

Apparently all of the original songs are noted in the SoundCloud comment time markers. :P
I thought it was *okay* but it's not worth adding to my already large M3 list. xD
DJ D-Luc-D If anyone likes wubwubs, then this is the dog's bollocks. I got worried when I saw this in my SoundCloud stream because I knew before listening it'd be another ?1000 down the drain. xD

And some makina from B.Y.S.S, I won't be getting this but the MHX track was my favourite from this. :3
Samination This is nothing but an album preview with samples of each track crossfaded into one track. Seriusly I did this back in late 90's when I was... ehm... burning my... legal music... on cd... *hides*
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
This is nothing but an album preview with samples of each track crossfaded into one track. Seriusly I did this back in late 90's when I was... ehm... burning my... legal music... on cd... *hides*

Yes, hence the name "crossfade demo". :P
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
quote:
This is nothing but an album preview with samples of each track crossfaded into one track. Seriusly I did this back in late 90's when I was... ehm... burning my... legal music... on cd... *hides*

still doesnt need to create a new word for it :P
Elipton
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
quote:

well it's a shame you feel that way because it's kind of caught on
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

well it's a shame you feel that way because it's kind of caught on

I never expected much from asians :P

It took 1.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page