Radio listeners 185+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Other web site / radio station announcements
 Di.fm now has a Nightcore channel.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Dys7 It's end times.

http://www.di.fm/nightcore
Samination how the **** did this happen...
brodster It's 2014, I thought Nightcore was dead and gone...
danielseven Jesus Christ I can't believe they did this!
Elipton I'm actually quite enthusiastic about this. The Nightcore community has been very good to me and my music. This looks like a good way for a community to continue to enjoy interacting with music. The age-old issues of crediting don't seem to be an issue, and it's another medium for lesser-known producers to have their music played. I'm all for this.
DJ_FunDaBounce Sound-wise (reminds a lot of s3rl, btw), I've heard much worse within the regular uk hardcore/happy hardcore community. Concept-wise ("Pitched up vocals and Happy Hardcore beats!") it's not too far from where I started. :)
versia I know people get angry about the ethics of it, but it really dosent sound bad at all.
Dys7
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I'm actually quite enthusiastic about this. The Nightcore community has been very good to me and my music. This looks like a good way for a community to continue to enjoy interacting with music. The age-old issues of crediting don't seem to be an issue, and it's another medium for lesser-known producers to have their music played. I'm all for this.

I'll concede with you there. I honestly don't think it's that bad, my OP was in jest.
About half of my Soundcloud followers, heck, my following in general, is thanks to those Otaku / Japanese / Anime / Nightcore power-uploaders sharing my tracks, getting me thousands of views.
I just think the whole idea of "Nightcore" has a very negative stigma to it, a very unprofessional, teenagery sort of thing to it. Like the Twilight of music. I know it does a lot of things for a lot of people, but those people, I think, would be just as happy if they delved into the more mainstream hardcore and j-core.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
I'm actually quite enthusiastic about this. The Nightcore community has been very good to me and my music. This looks like a good way for a community to continue to enjoy interacting with music. The age-old issues of crediting don't seem to be an issue, and it's another medium for lesser-known producers to have their music played. I'm all for this.

I'll concede with you there. I honestly don't think it's that bad, my OP was in jest.
About half of my Soundcloud followers, heck, my following in general, is thanks to those Otaku / Japanese / Anime / Nightcore power-uploaders sharing my tracks, getting me thousands of views.
I just think the whole idea of "Nightcore" has a very negative stigma to it, a very unprofessional, teenagery sort of thing to it. Like the Twilight of music. I know it does a lot of things for a lot of people, but those people, I think, would be just as happy if they delved into the more mainstream hardcore and j-core.

It's quite well established, and I think it's a way of interacting with music and being involved with it that's superstitiously considered taboo in other music scenes because it often uses their music in an unofficial kind of way. The Nightcore scene is certainly far more appealing to me than the Hardcore scene is, just because of the people and the vibe. As I said to Daniel earlier, there's no money, and therefore no politics or any of the sort we have. It's a purified collective of music enthusiasts uncorrupted by money or competition. No one there is involved for any other reason than to enjoy their passion for music. The same certainly can't be said for Hardcore.
I understand there's a lot of age-old superstitions and it seems almost a requirement for people in hardcore to detest Nightcore, but in actuality, the music is often produced by Nightcore fans and supporters for the community - such is what the community has become. It's finding its feet as its own genre.
DJ_FunDaBounce I don't proclaim to know the in's and out's of the world's economic systems, but to me, the "not thinking about money" aspect doesn't make it any more pure. In fact it makes me feel that other "political" issues are raised.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
I don't proclaim to know the in's and out's of the world's economic systems, but to me, the "not thinking about money" aspect doesn't make it any more pure. In fact it makes me feel that other "political" issues are raised.

I think money has a lot to do with it. There's a lot of competition in Hardcore with people competing for bookings and using their influence to manipulate who gets booked. When Hardcore went digital, a lot of labels felt the pressure and it became very competitive with less money to share between more people.

As far as politics goes without money, it's about power play, and MC Storm is the biggest culprit for that, that too probably revolves around money
brodster
quote:
quote:

I don't really think it's that bad either. I used to listen to nightcore stuff many years ago and I even like some of the earlier Nightcore'd stuff. I just didn't think it was really around anymore and I thought the generation of kids that listened to it are now grown up and have moved on to things like Hardwell and Tiesto.
don_simon3000 this might be actually good. i dont pay for their services because it wont accept my prepaid debit card anymore (no clue why) but recently they mixed house and dubstep in the hardcore channel, also they play often the same tunes over and over again (no idea if its because i use the free ver)

edit: 20mins into the stream, very impressed so far.
Quicksilver Now that is weird. Is Rankin' playing there?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Now that is weird. Is Rankin' playing there?

one good thing with nightcore is atleast the lack of off sync vocals added ontop of existing ones :P
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
quote:
I don't proclaim to know the in's and out's of the world's economic systems, but to me, the "not thinking about money" aspect doesn't make it any more pure. In fact it makes me feel that other "political" issues are raised.

I think money has a lot to do with it. There's a lot of competition in Hardcore with people competing for bookings and using their influence to manipulate who gets booked. When Hardcore went digital, a lot of labels felt the pressure and it became very competitive with less money to share between more people.

As far as politics goes without money, it's about power play, and MC Storm is the biggest culprit for that, that too probably revolves around money

No offence, Olly, but ending competition and not offering certain incentives to thrive, such as money, makes this feel like some kind of communism.
don_simon3000
quote:
quote:
quote:

No offence, Olly, but ending competition and not offering certain incentives to thrive, such as money, makes this feel like some kind of communism.

i could not have said it any better
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by don_simon3000:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i could not have said it any better

Communism in music works. It's a good system. Everybody in Hardcore bangs on about supporting each other and treating it more as a community - Fracus being one of them. A scene that works together intrinsically would work very well, and it's what Nightcore has been doing for a number of years and it's community on Youtube alone is larger than Hardcore's fivefold.

Thriving - in many ways - is bad. When you have a security in music with stable finances, you can experiment and play with ideas that are higher risk. If you are having to 'thrive', ideas don't develop and producers stick to a well-known and proven formula. In other words, the music they make is 'safe'.

Competition can be very good, because you strive to find a sound that works best with an audience. Competition can be disastrously bad when combined with thriving, as you end up with labels and their audiences not supporting other labels. That's when politics and under-hand play comes in and Hardcore has experienced more than enough of that in the last decade.

There's competition in Nightcore, but it's friendly. Each promoter trying new stuff with music, both audibly and visually. Because it's mostly young people in education and stable finances running Nightcore, there's room for experimentation and new ideas to take hold. It's not a perfect scene by any means, but it certainly seems a more vibrant and enthusiastic one than Hardcore's.
Dys7 Olly I think you're giving Nightcore to much merit as an entity.
There is no such thing as a nightcore producer. No experimentation, no thriving, no competition. Nightcore is literally just people speeding up already made hardcore and trance tracks.
versia
quote:
Olly I think you're giving Nightcore to much merit as an entity.
There is no such thing as a nightcore producer. No experimentation, no thriving, no competition. Nightcore is literally just people speeding up already made hardcore and trance tracks.

Party right. Important to remember Nightcore did start as a duo from Norway, until it spiraled out of control.
Samination
quote:

and people still get pissed of at me for mentioning this
Elipton
quote:

Nightcore is largely driven by producers willingly sending their music to Nightcore DJs to play and/or make a Nightcore track. This way, Nightcore has multiple ties with producers in other genres that help Nighcore progress - myself included.

I think Nightcore deserves merit because if it's speeding up tracks to 170bpm making them as fast and similar-sounding to Hardcore, they must be doing something right because Hardcore tracks produced that sound similar has a minuscule reach and a pathetic audience in comparison. The only instances that I've seen Happy Hardcore from Hardcore producers have comparable amounts of listens have been via Jordesuvi, who is also closely-tied with the Nightcore contingent.

I'm just saying that it's good that Nightcore now has a di.FM. Nightcore could be a valuable way for fans of it to hear Hardcore. My thoughts on it's community spirit is simply that I admire it, and Hardcore should take a leaf from it's book. There's a lot of conflict here and everywhere else in Hardcore, and even by sharing my thoughts on Nightcore, I'm told that I'm wrong.
versia
quote:
...Nightcore DJs...

lol wut

don_simon3000 toakin communism in hardcore scene: i hardly cn mx stuff bt so i can steal or get hixxys tunez and claim thy r mine and becum a star rite? if so, im all 4 communism in hardcore. bring it on!
Samination
quote:
quote:

Nightcore is largely driven by producers willingly sending their music to Nightcore DJs to play and/or make a Nightcore track. This way, Nightcore has multiple ties with producers in other genres that help Nighcore progress - myself included.

I think Nightcore deserves merit because if it's speeding up tracks to 170bpm making them as fast and similar-sounding to Hardcore, they must be doing something right because Hardcore tracks produced that sound similar has a minuscule reach and a pathetic audience in comparison. The only instances that I've seen Happy Hardcore from Hardcore producers have comparable amounts of listens have been via Jordesuvi, who is also closely-tied with the Nightcore contingent.

I'm just saying that it's good that Nightcore now has a di.FM. Nightcore could be a valuable way for fans of it to hear Hardcore. My thoughts on it's community spirit is simply that I admire it, and Hardcore should take a leaf from it's book. There's a lot of conflict here and everywhere else in Hardcore, and even by sharing my thoughts on Nightcore, I'm told that I'm wrong.

I've heard of nightcore for the past decade, and so far it hasn't helped hardcore much, why would it appearing on di.fm do better?
Elipton
quote:
toakin communism in hardcore scene: i hardly cn mx stuff bt so i can steal or get hixxys tunez and claim thy r mine and becum a star rite? if so, im all 4 communism in hardcore. bring it on!

What on Earth are you even talking about? You're completely missing my point, and you're way off the mark with Nightcore.

I think a lot of you are holding onto 7+ year-old suspicions about Nightcore, and it's quite stupid.

Nightcore being on di.fm puts it parallel, and some innovative ideas can create a window for Nightcore fans to hear Hardcore. Di.FM Hardcore often has events like Summer of Hardcore (which is happening again soon, right?), the integration of Nightcore DJ's and vice versa could be quite fruitful.
don_simon3000
quote:
quote:
toakin communism in hardcore scene: i hardly cn mx stuff bt so i can steal or get hixxys tunez and claim thy r mine and becum a star rite? if so, im all 4 communism in hardcore. bring it on!

What on Earth are you even talking about?

it should be clear by now that i was talking about communism and don't accuse me of hijacking the topic because it wasnt me who has started talked about communism.
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:

What on Earth are you even talking about?

it should be clear by now that i was talking about communism and don't accuse me of hijacking the topic because it wasnt me who has started talked about communism.

I didn't accuse you of anything.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

I've heard of nightcore for the past decade, and so far it hasn't helped hardcore much, why would it appearing on di.fm do better?

I think it probably makes no difference to anyone to be honest. It's just it's own thing that reaches people that Hardcore otherwise wouldn't reach anyway. Anyone that actually cares enough about the music will find out pretty fast what Hardcore actually is. And if they don't then they were never going to. No loss.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

I think it probably makes no difference to anyone to be honest. It's just it's own thing that reaches people that Hardcore otherwise wouldn't reach anyway. Anyone that actually cares enough about the music will find out pretty fast what Hardcore actually is. And if they don't then they were never going to. No loss.

I have friends that still think a DJ is a producer, so I kinda disproof your comment :P
Torpex It's all techno anyway.
versia i'd love to know who these 'nightcore djs' are.

and jordesuvi does not count. he has nothing to do with nightcore.

Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by versia:

and jordesuvi does not count. he has nothing to do with nightcore.

Wrong, he has had a lot to do with Nightcore. I imagine a large proportion of his listeners are Nightcore fans carried over from when he originally operated as a Nightcore uploader named Jordanniieee. Nevertheless, he's one of the best promoters in Hardcore

And there are Nightcore DJs just as there are Hardcore DJs. No surprise there
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
It's all techno anyway.

jordesuvi
quote:
He originally operated as a Nightcore uploader named Jordanniieee.

Wow, I didn't think there were people out there that remember them days. Brought a tear to my eye with nostalgia.

Versia is sort of correct, I don't make any conscious efforts to associate myself with the nightcore scene anymore but then again, due to the similarities of nightcore and hardcore it would be arrogant not to assume that a fair amount of my subscribers are also nightcore fans.
cruelcore1 At least they credit artists. And pump some good styles of the last decade. Sped up Euro Trance can be highly enjoyable.

quote:

Nightcore were originally 2 people who actually produced many tracks and remixes. Except for Dam Dadi Doo, they stole that one. And Don't You. And Field Of Dreams. And Du Och Jag. And maybe some more tracks. Anyway, they're back.
cruelcore1 -double post-
HKO2006
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
At least they credit artists. And pump some good styles of the last decade. Sped up Euro Trance can be highly enjoyable.

quote:

Nightcore were originally 2 people who actually produced many tracks and remixes. Except for Dam Dadi Doo, they stole that one. And Don't You. And Field Of Dreams. And Du Och Jag. And maybe some more tracks. Anyway, they're back.

In fact all Nightcore songs are ripped. They are back but not doing much than sending Maikel631 4 songs in like 2-3 years, updating their FB page like 3 times a year and selling T shirts.

Back to the topic, AKAIK the channel is doing quite well, some 1 hour mixes gained 60-90 likes.

Below is the Nightcore song list, song name, artist, mix name
[spoiler]5 Elements Liquid Spill Radio Mix
Another Night Rimini Project
Breathe Without You Milk Inc. Radio Edit
Dam Dadi Doo Fantasy Prject & N.D.A. Single Edit
Destiny N-Trance
Don't Let Me Down Angie L.C.
Don't Say Goodbye Natalie Marc Aurel's Lovemix Edit
Don't You Neo Cortex Trance Radio Mix
Du Och Jag Anna W. Bj?rk Mix
Elements Neo Cortex
Fallin' La Luna
Feel The Stars Unit 5 Radio Edit
Find My Way To You La Cube Radio Edit
Forever Dee Dee Radio Version
Here In My Heart Silverblue
History Magic D. 2 Jays Remix
Life Is A Mystery Luca Antolini DJ Radio Edit
Look At Me Now Jessy Radio Edit
Lucky Star Diana Fox
My Name Is Rose Drop Out Radio Edit
Now I'm Free DJ Inphinity
Promised Land Tyfoon
Rainbow Tyfoon
Reaching Out M-Diva Radio Mix
Sending S.O.S. Rimini Project
Stop That Time Ivy D. Radio Edit
Ta Sama Chwila Clubringer feat. Kate Lesing
Take Me La Luna
Trip 2 Wonderland Ravers On Dope DJs @ Work Radio Remix
Walk Alone East Clubbers
Where You Now Diana Fox
Why NOT FOUND YET
Will My Heart Survive Isabel Sos Dance Version (remixed by Lalo)
Without You Nayascha Hagen Original Radio Cut
Wriemia Agniej Clubringer & Yulia
Astral Plane Edge Of Universe feat. Dominick Vanni G Radio Cut
All I Want For Christmas Mariah Cy
Hater ? Elske Deg Dina
Into The Sky NOT FOUND YET[/spoiler]

It took 2.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page