Radio listeners 187+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore underground live at rehab

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Craigavon raver So they've started taking pre-orders for this in a bundle format, but the bundle is a ticket for the event and the cd, but I obviously won't be attending the event, but I want the cd! will the cd be released later in another bundle with another cd or even released by itself?

Cdjay?
AceofSpades_Lorenzo I guarantee there will be a bundle closer to the event, there's probably going to be another bundle or two released before "live" pre orders start for anyone not attending the event
Craigavon raver Yeh thought there would be, but obviously wasn't sure, thanks! think I can wait then till the other bundle comes out, since the cd isn't out till june
_Jay_

I've always wanted to go to rehab!

Keeeeeeeewell.

djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Surely only a matter of time
Audio Warfare Does anyone know if the CD's will have the MC's and crowd noise on them then? Just like an official CD pack project? Or will it just be a recording of the music itself? Doesn't seem to say anywhere.

I'm sure they will sell the CD by itself nearer (or at the very least after) release.
CDJay We will be going into more detail as time goes on but I'll tease a few bits now

First off: Craigavon raver.... you *might* go! It's going to be life-affirming stuff. Midlands, easy to access, and we're moving mountains in order to make attending a viable option for those further afield. The location, proximity to airports, nearby accommodation etc all factored in from the off.

The CD will *absolutely* be available separately. Whilst we're really, really keen on incentivising a truly international base of interested types to attend there will be those who fundamentally cannot attend for a variety of reasons. This is being done very much like a "normal" HU album, in terms of compiling, mastering and prep. The notable difference is, of course, that this will be mixed live in front of an audience whereas previous volumes were done in sequencers or from CDJs. Which leads us to....

The CDs will have "hosts" and crowd noise. "This is just like a CD pack!" I hear cried? Thankfully no, not really. This is intended as a fusion of the better aspects of each into something relatively unique in genre. Each aspect will be captured as a separate stem; the "mix" will be kept in the digital domain through the mixer whilst the host will run through a decent A/D before being captured "raw". Same for crowd noise. These parts will be later brought together as fastidiously as one would hope for the final mastered album mixes.

Another difference is that as these mixes will be compiled, structured and planned over the next few months is the opportunity for the hosts to be more involved in the process. The last thing we want is a "typical" MC set, and I'm entirely aware some people would rather there were no MCs over the music at all. Albums usually give the opportunity for DJ/Producers to showcase their craft and this is an effort to afford the same to MCs who want to do something new and involved. It's safe to say that compared to the norm these will be pared back performances, but hopefully all the better for it. The current plan is to have 2 mixes with sparse and tightly integrated hosting and 2 mixes with a more standard feel.

Even if none of that convinces you, I'm sure you've seen us allude to the intention to "bridge" the CD vs Digital album divide. This is a perfect opportunity. By purchasing the CD album we intend to supply digital "rights" on our store to grab a version with just the mix. This will only be available with the purchase of the physical product.

The dream is to capture the quality of a studio album, with the magic and energy of a live performance. It's certainly unproven. We'll go the extra mile to shore up the odds

The venue is awesome, and the plans we have for it are similarly awesome. What's really needed is a truly engaged crowd and that, you superior specimens, is where you come in! I'm excited. Scared, granted, but excited. It feels very HU1-ey in terms of aspiration and operating outside our comfort zone.

CDJay
don_simon3000
quote:

.... tell me about it ...
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
We will be going into more detail as time goes on but I'll tease a few bits now

First off: Craigavon raver.... you *might* go! It's going to be life-affirming stuff. Midlands, easy to access, and we're moving mountains in order to make attending a viable option for those further afield. The location, proximity to airports, nearby accommodation etc all factored in from the off.

The CD will *absolutely* be available separately. Whilst we're really, really keen on incentivising a truly international base of interested types to attend there will be those who fundamentally cannot attend for a variety of reasons. This is being done very much like a "normal" HU album, in terms of compiling, mastering and prep. The notable difference is, of course, that this will be mixed live in front of an audience whereas previous volumes were done in sequencers or from CDJs. Which leads us to....

The CDs will have "hosts" and crowd noise. "This is just like a CD pack!" I hear cried? Thankfully no, not really. This is intended as a fusion of the better aspects of each into something relatively unique in genre. Each aspect will be captured as a separate stem; the "mix" will be kept in the digital domain through the mixer whilst the host will run through a decent A/D before being captured "raw". Same for crowd noise. These parts will be later brought together as fastidiously as one would hope for the final mastered album mixes.

Another difference is that as these mixes will be compiled, structured and planned over the next few months is the opportunity for the hosts to be more involved in the process. The last thing we want is a "typical" MC set, and I'm entirely aware some people would rather there were no MCs over the music at all. Albums usually give the opportunity for DJ/Producers to showcase their craft and this is an effort to afford the same to MCs who want to do something new and involved. It's safe to say that compared to the norm these will be pared back performances, but hopefully all the better for it. The current plan is to have 2 mixes with sparse and tightly integrated hosting and 2 mixes with a more standard feel.

Even if none of that convinces you, I'm sure you've seen us allude to the intention to "bridge" the CD vs Digital album divide. This is a perfect opportunity. By purchasing the CD album we intend to supply digital "rights" on our store to grab a version with just the mix. This will only be available with the purchase of the physical product.

The dream is to capture the quality of a studio album, with the magic and energy of a live performance. It's certainly unproven. We'll go the extra mile to shore up the odds

The venue is awesome, and the plans we have for it are similarly awesome. What's really needed is a truly engaged crowd and that, you superior specimens, is where you come in! I'm excited. Scared, granted, but excited. It feels very HU1-ey in terms of aspiration and operating outside our comfort zone.

CDJay

Damn you Jon!!!

You're making it really hard to say no to you!
djDMS Massively impressive line up!
DJ Fracus

Here is the full line-up for our event on MAY 30TH in Coventry. The next Hardcore Underground compilation CD will comprise of the four featured sets you can see highlighted on the flyer. Lots of exclusive music, multi-track recording of the hosts, the music, and the crowd, all within the digital domain will mean that the final album is far more than just a glorified CD pack.

We have also pulled out all the stops to insure that the rest of the line-up comprises of as many Hardcore heavyweights as possible, both past and present. Sound, production and visuals will also all surpass anything you have seen at any previous HU event.

Add yourself to the event page here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/673806359329553

Pre-order the album AND an early bird ticket (limited numbers) exclusively from our store now. General ticket sales begin this Friday.
http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/19
CDJay Probably worth mentioning that this is the Happy Hardcore Underground launch party, too.

CDJay
AceofSpades_Lorenzo All i have to say about the lineup

Fracus & Darwin vs Entity w/Reese :o
latininxtc Darren Styles at an HU event? Never thought I'd ever see that! But fuck the 2 worst MCs on his set lol oh god. Now is Klubfiller playing a UK hardcore anthems set, or anthems from his own personal collection???

Loving the HU Anthems set from Chris Ross and Torpex!
Torpex Super chuffed to be a part of this! :D
wong
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Darren Styles at an HU event? Never thought I'd ever see that!

why not?
Triquatra Looking forward to it muchly! :D
HollowRipper Pretty much 100% going to be there purely for Robbie Long.
latininxtc So who all is 100% on board to go to this? Looks like the perfect event for a gathering!
The Doc
quote:
So who all is 100% on board to go to this? Looks like the perfect event for a gathering!

I'm going to try my best to go to this! CDJay needs to elaborate with the "moving mountains" bit to help me though!
djDMS
quote:
So who all is 100% on board to go to this?

Yup!
Audio Warfare Can't miss this, stonking line-up! Looks like I'll be grabbing the album/ticket bundle. :P

quote:

Cool, looks like you have everyone covered. I'll be interested to hear the mixes with the MC's, especially as I plan to go to the party but appreciate being able to download the music on its own as well.
Rodz90 I would love to go to this
_Jay_

quote:
So who all is 100% on board to go to this? Looks like the perfect event for a gathering!

Yes.

quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Super chuffed to be a part of this! :D

Be good to meet you man!
Torpex Likewise! Turning this into a hhc.com meetup, on top of the current greatness, would basically make this the best event in history and future. In the timeline of the universe. Multiverse.
djDMS This has the potential to be legendary!
Hard2Get Yes. Yes it does.

Also Kudos on getting Slam to play.
Sc@r really happy to be asked to play at this....

but even more excited to see Robbie Long :)
Claxton Already bought the bundle. It's going to be MEGA!!!!

What are people's plans? Hotelling it? Driving? Getting the train?

Would be great to get as many there as possible.
latininxtc If by some miracle I'm able to go I'd definitely be staying at a hotel. There are some decently priced ones walking distance from the venue.
arpz Just bought the bundle...It's quite possible that I won't be able to rope anyone into coming and I know I hardly know any of you but I might have to buy some of you a couple of drinks if there's a meetup going on if you don't mind...
Torpex We should have a secret sign!
Triquatra We always managed to get some sort of meetup goin' on, look forward to meeting you, paul!

I should probably start looking for my mobile phone...if I start now there is a small chance it will have turned up by the time the event swings around!
arpz some jedi mind triqs going on there i think!! hahaha
djDMS That bleeding phone!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
That bleeding phone!

LOL. Tell me about it.
Hard2Get
quote:
I know I hardly know any of you

Good opportunity to change that then :P
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
I know I hardly know any of you

Good opportunity to change that then :P

And you couldn't pick a better bunch of chaps to get to know!
Mickey Init
quote:

Afraid not! I would be if I weren't at a wedding the Saturday! I've been to all the London HUs (I think) so it's a shame to miss out on this one.

Good weekend that, though - England-Peru, HU and Froch-Groves.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
quote:

Afraid not! I would be if I weren't at a wedding the Saturday! I've been to all the London HUs (I think) so it's a shame to miss out on this one.

Good weekend that, though - England-Peru, HU and Froch-Groves.

It's not like it's your wedding you have to go to. Besides, this is on a Friday night. So it's definitely doable for you!
Mickey Init
quote:
It's not like it's your wedding you have to go to. Besides, this is on a Friday night. So it's definitely doable for you!

This is true! There's nothing wrong turning up to a wedding half-cut, it's just the travelling.

The album sounds quite interesting and I'll definitely purchase it one way or another. The way I've interpreted it, the end result will be something similar to the Breakbeat Kaos album by Adam F, Fresh & GQ. Is that right? Only, the HU album will be mixed live at the event, I can see.

Triquatra Ticket purchazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzddah!!! :D
Gisbo bring on the mayhem :D
Craigavon raver
quote:

CDJay

Oh believe you me, there nothing more I would love than to attend this! the line-up is awesome! and actually buzzing at the cd project to! but i have to go to Portugal shortly after for 2 weeks for her brothers wedding, and before that i have her nephews communion, plus the fact that she would try and kill me if i tried to go to this haha so i would think it would be safe to say that unfortunately i won't be attending this

And is vibes mixing hhu then? looks like i was right after all?
latininxtc Sadly after much thought I have to pass on this. For one I definitely won't be financially ready for this. I can't just fly 5000 miles for a weekend and fly back I have to make it count and spend at least a week or two weeks there. Have to get my money's and time worth and I just cannot afford that atm.

And I did promise a friend from Canada that we will be going to Raver's Ibiza wheb the event was first announced. I won't be able to do both events, on top of me going to Arizona for a weekend next month.

Perhaps if there is a Hardcore Underground event the weekend before or after Raver's Ibiza I can totally make that! Or even if it's 2 weekends after the last weekend of Raver's Ibiza I may be able to do 3 weeks in Europe by that time. That would be ideal, since I could make a weekend stop to Dortmund for Syndicate in between events!
Hard2Get I should go really, Coventy is pretty cheap and quick to get to.
djDMS Yes, yes you should.
arpz I'm thinking it's probably gonna be worth getting a cheap room or something, it's a couple of hours from Southampton and a few drinks will definitely be good
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
I'm thinking it's probably gonna be worth getting a cheap room or something, it's a couple of hours from Southampton and a few drinks will definitely be good

I checked into some hotels when I was considering this and there's a good number of them that are about 50 quid or less a night, and a good number of them walking distance to the venue.
Maggers Really hope HU also does a NYE event since that will be the next time I'm over in England. We'd already booked my other half's flight here for that week before the event was announced so definitely can't make it this time. Looks immense though, and I'm excited for the album & any other available mixes from the event.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Maggers:
Really hope HU also does a NYE event since that will be the next time I'm over in England. We'd already booked my other half's flight here for that week before the event was announced so definitely can't make it this time. Looks immense though, and I'm excited for the album & any other available mixes from the event.

I've had a few chats with your other half whilst out and about raving over the last few months and he is a very lovely young man indeed.

whittle1
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Does anyone know if the CD's will have the MC's and crowd noise on them then? Just like an official CD pack project? Or will it just be a recording of the music itself? Doesn't seem to say anywhere.

I'm sure they will sell the CD by itself nearer (or at the very least after) release.

Anyone got an answer to this question?
This will pretty much decide whether I attend the event or not.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Does anyone know if the CD's will have the MC's and crowd noise on them then? Just like an official CD pack project? Or will it just be a recording of the music itself? Doesn't seem to say anywhere.

Anyone got an answer to this question?
This will pretty much decide whether I attend the event or not.

It's gonna have MC/host voices on there, hence the 'Live' tagline to the album.
CDJay On the physical CDs there will be (minimal and well recorded/integrated) MC and crowd noise. It will be pretty much the opposite of standard CD pack recording.

With the purchase of the physical CD you will get digital rights, through our store, for a version without either of the above.

We're also, secretely, plotting to include the names of everyone who pre-orders the ticket/album bundle (and then attends the event ) in the booklet.

This summarises three, of very many both obvious and as yet unrevealed, reasons why attending this is pretty much a no brainer for anyone who has a genuine interest in the genre. IMO.

CDJay
_Jay_

I've booked my train ticket to Coventry. Will book my ticket/album bundle over the weekend.

latininxtc
quote:

This summarises three, of very many both obvious and as yet unrevealed, reasons why attending this is pretty much a no brainer for anyone who has a genuine interest in the genre. IMO.

CDJay

Is that a dig at me???

I would totally preorder the bundle just to have my name on the album haha, but then having to attend the event I cannot do sadly
Triquatra
quote:

We're also, secretely, plotting to include the names of everyone who pre-orders the ticket/album bundle (and then attends the event ) in the booklet.

CDJay

awww you say this now, after I've bought my ticket! Great! :P
CDJay
quote:
quote:

CDJay

Is that a dig at me???

I would totally preorder the bundle just to have my name on the album haha, but then having to attend the event I cannot do sadly

Nah, wasn't aimed at you hun

I'd likely make an exception re: the booklet for certain heroic long term types. Particuarly ones who woo me.

*awaits*

CDJay
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:

CDJay

awww you say this now, after I've bought my ticket! Great! :P

Bwahahahaha!

Bought my bundle, suckerrrrrrrzzzzzz! :-P
Claxton What if a DJ proper ****s up one of the mixes or a CD skips? Have you planned for this potential mishap? ;)
Triquatra
quote:

*awaits*

CDJay

I will wear my extra wooing pants to the event! and don my ultra-wooing cap and woo you and the crew so hard! :P
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
What if a DJ proper ****s up one of the mixes or a CD skips? Have you planned for this potential mishap? ;)

Yes. In this instance the compromised mix will be replaced by a blu ray of the responsible party/parties being eviscerated in full view of a shocked crowd.

CDJay
latininxtc so which of you sluts are going to this event? That way I can curse you into having a terrible time because I can't make it!
The drunken scotsman Was seriously considering going to this at one point. But it turns out I have my cousins 30th on the same night and my mrs is still recovering from a long term illness and doesn't feel up to raving yet. Gutted, but I hope there's more to come this year?
djDMS
quote:
so which of you sluts are going to this event? That way I can curse you into having a terrible time because I can't make it!

Meeeeeeeeee!

Read it and weep bitch!
Claxton Currently, I am driving to this alone from Leeds. If anyone wants a lift or to tag along let me know. Also I have a twin room booked in Coventry with only me stopping in it. In the case of the hotel, I will be more stringent in who I let stay with me, however.
djDMS Shit! Wish I'd have known before i booked my train tickets :-\
CDJay Are they not refundable this far ahead of time?!!?!?

CDJay
djDMS No idea. Wouldn't hurt to keep them anyway, best to be prepared ;-)
Ken Masters
quote:
Currently, I am driving to this alone from Leeds. If anyone wants a lift or to tag along let me know. Also I have a twin room booked in Coventry with only me stopping in it. In the case of the hotel, I will be more stringent in who I let stay with me, however.

You fancy detouring majorly by Devon?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:
Currently, I am driving to this alone from Leeds. If anyone wants a lift or to tag along let me know. Also I have a twin room booked in Coventry with only me stopping in it. In the case of the hotel, I will be more stringent in who I let stay with me, however.

lol that's not even anywhere on the way to Coventry.
Triquatra like Ben I've booked a twin room in the hopes I get lucky. Will be coaching it down and up though!
Claxton
quote:
quote:

Yea, go on then, why not?

Well you guys who have travelled booked. Offer still applies if you fancy jumping in with me instead.
Claxton
quote:
quote:

Edit: Double post
CDJay Video ad fun

Edit: Cheers Wong!

CDJay
wong
quote:
Video ad fun time.....

CDJay

GrahamC See now, that looks well gid from the telly picture.

I could easily afford the ticket and the travel and maybe even a nice hotel.

But I know nobody, NOBODY in real life that likes hardcore. They even confiscated the soundbar off my computer at work so I couldn't listen to it. Allegedly it causes head-aches. All I know is it improves my mood substantially and makes me drive better.

Never been to an event so I would be a big weird looking jim-bob going on my own! No idea on event etiquette :(
djDMS Do it! We'll all look after you. No etiquette, no rules, just come and join in the shenanigans
CDJay Come, it's a good crowd. You'll know people from here, and we'd love to see ya

CDJay
latininxtc Yes do it Graham! Most everyone on here is in the same boat as you, they know no one who likes the music and they go to events and they have a nice happyhardcore.com gathering.
djDMS I always used to go to raves alone because none of my mates were into the same music as me. Now, all of my best friends are people i met through this site and raving :-)
Claxton
quote:
I always used to go to raves alone because none of my mates were into the same music as me. Now, all of my best friends are people i met through this site and raving :-)

This!!! I started raving on my own and met people.

Go Graham, and mingle!!
skarr what are the 1st and last tunes on the video?
Torpex Flying in with a small but dedicated Polish crew (a few others now living in the UK are going to show up too). Super excited.

Looking forward to finally meeting you guys. Who's definitely going then? :)
Pravin
quote:
Flying in with a small but dedicated Polish crew (a few others now living in the UK are going to show up too). Super excited.

I am, possibly with a few mates... If they wuss out, I couldn't care less :D

To be honest, I'm in raptures at the fact how you people are so welcoming to someone that you haven't even met before! Amazing!

For the benefit of the first timers - how do we find you guys? Are we gonna meet up at a bar or something before we go raving?

CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
what are the 1st and last tunes on the video?

RedMoon feat. Meron Ryan - Never Let Go(Fracus & Darwin Remix) is the first.

Tall Sasha & Ron Reeser - Indigo Sky (Scott Brown Remix) is the third.

Taken, unsurprisingly, from Live @ Rehab.

CDJay
Thumpa I can honestly say that the HU lot and the people that go to HU type raves are nice people. I'm not saying that in a OMG PLUR gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay type way where everyone is kindred spirits cos we are not and life isn't like that, but if you went up to people and started chatting to them, I doubt anyone would tell you to go away. I love a good chat about music myself!

See you there everyone, early morning freeform workout awwww yeah!
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Pravin:
quote:
Flying in with a small but dedicated Polish crew (a few others now living in the UK are going to show up too). Super excited.

I am, possibly with a few mates... If they wuss out, I couldn't care less :D

To be honest, I'm in raptures at the fact how you people are so welcoming to someone that you haven't even met before! Amazing!

For the benefit of the first timers - how do we find you guys? Are we gonna meet up at a bar or something before we go raving?

I'm sure we'll have arranged something by the time it comes round. Personally i don't know the area at all so relying on others to suggest somewhere to meet beforehand
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
I can honestly say that the HU lot and the people that go to HU type raves are nice people. I'm not saying that in a OMG PLUR gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay type way where everyone is kindred spirits cos we are not and life isn't like that, but if you went up to people and started chatting to them, I doubt anyone would tell you to go away. I love a good chat about music myself!

See you there everyone, early morning freeform workout awwww yeah!

Yeah, PLUR is pretty gay.
arpz !!!!! This is so close now :D

Unlikely to be there early enough to meet in a bar before hand, can we have some kind of 'midnight at the bumper cars' type deal?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
I can honestly say that the HU lot and the people that go to HU type raves are nice people. I'm not saying that in a OMG PLUR gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay type way where everyone is kindred spirits cos we are not and life isn't like that

lol I'm an American and I soooooooo agree.

It's one of the main reason why I never go to raves in my area anymore. They throw out the whole PLUR shit like it's YOLO or whatever catchphrase is popular at the moment, and they give out such an artificial positiveness that is from an ecstasy high and from their brains rotting from all the drugs they take.

Give me the ravers of the UK any day over the the North American ravers! They're more real people with real lives outside of the rave scene who can come together in good harmony when the night asks for it.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:
I can honestly say that the HU lot and the people that go to HU type raves are nice people. I'm not saying that in a OMG PLUR gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay type way where everyone is kindred spirits cos we are not and life isn't like that

lol I'm an American and I soooooooo agree.

It's one of the main reason why I never go to raves in my area anymore. They throw out the whole PLUR shit like it's YOLO or whatever catchphrase is popular at the moment, and they give out such an artificial positiveness that is from an ecstasy high and from their brains rotting from all the drugs they take.

Give me the ravers of the UK any day over the the North American ravers! They're more real people with real lives outside of the rave scene who can come together in good harmony when the night asks for it.

I get you mate.

As a self-respecting grown adult, I'd be ashamed to be in the same place as them spouting that shit.

At the few raves I've been to, there's been a sense of peace and harmony but nobody feels the need to formally express it as a cult mantra.
CDJay You gonna come, Elliot? ;)

CDJay
Elliott
quote:
You gonna come, Elliot? ;)

CDJay

I'd love to but me and my dad are off to Wembley for England vs Peru. I really don't think he's gonna want to come raving in Coventry afterwards!
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

CDJay

I'd love to but me and my dad are off to Wembley for England vs Peru. I really don't think he's gonna want to come raving in Coventry afterwards!

Edit: "love to" might be a bit of an exaggeration. I don't have any friends who like hardcore (previously I've always bullied a semi-willing friend or my girlfriend into coming with me) and the idea of going to one on my own still seems totes awks.

GO PERU!!!!!
latininxtc CDJay,

Any chance that the rest of the djs are willing to record their mixes for release on soundclound later on? I definitely would LOVE to hear that HU anthems set that Torpex and Chris Ross are mixing, as well as many of the sets in the 2nd room.
Claxton Chris Ross & Torpex on the first set of the night at 9pm with a HU classics set.

I like to think that I can be depended on to be still rocking in the last hour, but blimey I'm going to be going at it hard from the very start!! The body is going to take a battering on Friday!!

9 hours of relentless, ruthless dancefloor stomping! Who is with me???

arpz Probably will end up missing that set :(
latininxtc Personally I think that's an awful timeset for such a set they have planned! I mean if anything that should be the set that opens the album mixes! or at the very least, Fracus, Darwin, and Entity's set!
CDJay

Live @ Rehab special HU podcast.

Interviews with Entity, Marc Smith, Joey Riot & Reese.

See y'all Friday! It's going to be life changing

CDJay
djDMS I find it difficult to get excited about anything these days but my god I'm feeling it this week! Can't wait to hear the podcast, can't wait to finish work on Thursday, can't wait to book into Rehab!
latininxtc
quote:
I find it difficult to get excited about anything these days

I'm sure your wife and kids would LOVE to hear that!
djDMS They know the score Stevo! ;-)
Torpex I think our set as the opening one makes perfect sense. What better way to start the massive night than to tap into all those HU-related musical memories? :)
Torpex [cut]
_Jay_
quote:
I like to think that I can be depended on to be still rocking in the last hour

No matter what state I get myself in, I always seem to be right there with you for the last hour!

Pravin [/quote]

I'm sure we'll have arranged something by the time it comes round. Personally i don't know the area at all so relying on others to suggest somewhere to meet beforehand
[/quote]

There is this pub called The Flying Standard. It's owned by Wetherspoons. It's about 5-10 min walk from the warehouse. I know this is open for sure. Link below

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-flying-standard

latininxtc
quote:
quote:

No matter what state I get myself in, I always seem to be right there with you for the last hour!

Even if you don't remember!

CDJay Hey, Arpz, show that video and podcast to your local raver peeps. Surely that will help them see sense?

CDJay
djDMS
quote:
quote:

I always try and pace myself but age beats enthusiasm every time! :-\
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

Edit: "love to" might be a bit of an exaggeration. I don't have any friends who like hardcore (previously I've always bullied a semi-willing friend or my girlfriend into coming with me) and the idea of going to one on my own still seems totes awks.

GO PERU!!!!!

You're backing a loser with that one! :P
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

GO PERU!!!!!

You're backing a loser with that one! :P

They're both losers, as neither of them will win the world cup!
wong i think argentina will win. id like to see belgium win though ( other than england of course )
robertybob I won't be attending the event or buying the CD as I simply detest MCs. I thought True Hardcore 1 & 2 had a nice balance of MC's 'Hosting' it and I fear this album will have MCs all over it.

I understand that's the whole idea - having people aggressively spout random stuff over tracks is embedded in the scene.. I don't call myself a raver, I'd never go to a rave for that reason, I just appreciate the music. I hope I'm not the only one who has this opinion.

I guess in a way I'm jealous that all the great tunes that the HU guys teased in the new podcast will be on this album and I'd be missing out, I just hope some make their way to HU 7.

Someone please back me up?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
I won't be attending the event or buying the CD as I simply detest MCs. I thought True Hardcore 1 & 2 had a nice balance of MC's 'Hosting' it and I fear this album will have MCs all over it.

I understand that's the whole idea - having people aggressively spout random stuff over tracks is embedded in the scene.. I don't call myself a raver, I'd never go to a rave for that reason, I just appreciate the music. I hope I'm not the only one who has this opinion.

I guess in a way I'm jealous that all the great tunes that the HU guys teased in the new podcast will be on this album and I'd be missing out, I just hope some make their way to HU 7.

I won't be at the even either, but that's because I'm 5,000 miles away from Coventry, but I will say when I saw the MC lineup I became a bit concerned that they booked 2 MCs per set with the exception of Fracus, Darwin, and Entity's set. I'm fine with MC Obie and MC Mayhem doing a separate set as they aren't overbearing obnoxious MCs like Storm and Keyes, but to put them together makes me think that yes there will be too much MCing for that one set.

I've never heard Frickshon live (not that I can remember at least), so I can't comment on his MCing, but Wotsee is a bit too much sometimes in my opinion. Certainly not as much as Keyes and Storm, but it's borderline there. I'm fine with MC Whizzkid on the mix as he's one of the few that I find to be pretty decent. And Hearing Reese will be a treat.

I'm just ecstatic that MCs Keyes and Storm will not be on the album! And if I were there for the event, I'd just switch rooms to avoid them.
djDMS
quote:

Nope! :-p

This is what CDJay said on the subject and i think it looks like the balance (if it works out as planned) will be just right -

CDJay If you listen to the podcast you'll get a decent idea of what Reese is doing, at least.

CDJay
robertybob
quote:
If you listen to the podcast you'll get a decent idea of what Reese is doing, at least.

CDJay

I did, I like Reece and the stuff he did with K12 studios too :) Thing is he sounds like a rapper (maybe it's just the American accent).

Seeing as I'm on my own here, will there be album samples uploaded before / after the album is released? :)
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
If you listen to the podcast you'll get a decent idea of what Reese is doing, at least.

CDJay

I did, I like Reece and the stuff he did with K12 studios too :) Thing is he sounds like a rapper (maybe it's just the American accent).

Well, that pretty much is what an MC in UK hardcore is these days. They don't serve a smaller role as an MC who is just 'hosting', the UK scene seems to have put as much importance on them as the DJs.
arpz
quote:
Hey, Arpz, show that video and podcast to your local raver peeps. Surely that will help them see sense?

CDJay

Got a car full now I think mate ;)
CDJay
quote:
quote:

CDJay

Seeing as I'm on my own here, will there be album samples uploaded before / after the album is released? :)

Certainly shall; won't be for a week or so following the event, as we have to get the stereo mix done to the required standard from the stems, but it'll happen.

CDJay
arpz
djDMS Works for me!
_Jay_

Had a hair cut. Made a chicken salad for lunch tomorrow.

I AM READY.

djDMS This time tomorrow....
arpz yessss!!! this is going to be the absolute nuts, I've been refreshing this page a bit hoping someone else would say something hype building :D :D

edit: should've got my haircut though... :/
Triquatra Dashing round the house throwing stuff into a bag, coach leaves at 9:30am tomorrow!
latininxtc Damn 930? How many hrs is the trip to Coventry from where you're at?
CDJay Clearly he wants to soak up the culture first!

(wait, what?)

CDJay
arpz It won't be the first time bombs have been dropped at Coventry!
Triquatra it's by coach so there is only one going, the trip is 9:30am - 1:30pm to get to Birmingham, then after the stop off it's 2:30pm - 3:30pm into Coventry.

Would have been quicker by train, but I have a free National Express return ticket that needed to be used up.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand as it just turns out the bus gets back too late on Saturday which would make the wife very late for her play/theater thing, so I'm going to be getting the train home anyway haha.

train home to Cumbria is only 2hours30mins and only ?30 :)

Jokes aside I am actually looking forward to seeing Coventry, take in some of the sights, especially as I'm arriving at 3:30pm, book into the Premier inn..there'll be tons of time left!
CDJay We might be going for Nandos before the event commences.

If that isn't hardcore, what is?

CDJay
HollowRipper Genuinely can't wait for this now. Mega excited for the whole night but Robbie Long is going to be a bit special!
Elliott
quote:
We might be going for Nandos before the event commences.

If that isn't hardcore, what is?

CDJay

Depends what strength your piri-piri is.
CDJay I was more referring to the sheer volume of hardcore DJ/MCs who "smash" Nandos frequently.

I always opt for "extra hot" on the grounds that it.. well, isn't. However if you put the extra hot on a corn on the cob it does make the outside of your lips lively for a fair while.

RAVE DAY! *flees the country*

CDJay
GrahamC Extra Hot is hit or miss, sometimes I wolf it down and feel nothing, sometimes the experience is a tad 'warm and uncomfortable' - different results in different places, Aberdeen is pretty damn xxx-hot, Staines is pretty stingy with the spices with plenty of differences down the UK inbetween.

I love Nandos. The company I work for but it for us every Friday, I have to pick it up though which is not bad as I scoop all the loyalty points.
Claxton RAVEE DAY BABAY!!!!!!!!! Let's drop the Nandos chat yea!!! More important issues at hand.

Anyone planning on having a pre rave meet for a couple?
Elliott **** you guys and your manly mouths.

Medium is quite enough for me!
Elliott
quote:
RAVEE DAY BABAY!!!!!!!!! Let's drop the Nandos chat yea!!! More important issues at hand.

Never!

I don't have more important issues to discuss because I won't be there. :(
djDMS
quote:
RAVEE DAY BABAY!!!!!!!!! Let's drop the Nandos chat yea!!! More important issues at hand.

Definitely mate. What time you going to be there?
Claxton
quote:
quote:

Definitely mate. What time you going to be there?

I'm thinking that probably set off around 4pm which will mean I arrive 6.30pm. I'll Facebook you my number!!
Maja Yes! Hope you are all good and as ridiculously excited as I am.

Very much looking forward to this. I am going by myself, getting the train up from Taunton later on. Would be great to meet some of you guys, drinking by yourself is never a good look.....
arpz No idea how I'll find anyone but hope to somehow find someone who knows someone else...or something :)
Claxton We're in the Tudor Rose pub right next to the venue if anyone fancies coming for a couple.
arpz Just got in now, will post a bit of a review later but I'm satisfied despite some obviously unavoidable technical issues ;(

HU are the best!
arpz So yeah, have had some sleep and woken up with massive tinnitus which is definitely the sign of a loud soundsystem.

There's been a few negative opinions shared about a) the state of the toilets (by someone who sounds like they'd be better served by a bottle service club with plush leather sofas) and b) some unavoidable power issues in the main room. This has all been addressed succinctly by Fracus @ https://www.facebook.com/events/673806359329553/permalink/720584917985030/

I didn't really see what the problem was with the venue, to me it was perfect, plenty of space to move around, an interesting layout and plenty of bars. The sets on the night were awesome, there was, as promised, loads of new material from all of the album sets. I have a pretty hazy memory about tracks so I can't really say too much but there were some seriously heavy tracks including some harder stuff and breakbeat hardcore from Fracus, Darwin & Entity. An amazing vocal track that I hadn't heard during Scott Brown & Al Storms set too. If I recall that set ended with F&D's 'End on a Hard Note' which had me properly stomping. The old skool room also had some wicked sets, the vibe in there was all good times, it wasn't really very busy throughout the night (except at one point, for reasons I'll get to) which was disappointing but to be honest I think this can be explained by the quality of the acts in the main room. I still spent a decent amount of time separate from my group just dancing and singing like an idiot on my own (a theme for most of the event) in there. Highlights of that room have got to be Robbie Long, Dougal, Slam & whoever it was that was playing early 2000's hardcore (Guessing it was D-Lyte but I could be wrong)

There was a period where the power cut out in the main room (you might've read that if you clicked the link) and did so a couple of times which screwed up the Lethal Theory/Powerstomp set in the main room, I think it got restarted a couple of times but it was a real testament to everyones determination that they approached it professionally and got everyone stomping again with no problem. I left at about 5AM so I'm not sure how this affected subsequent sets in the main room but I would assume either Thumpa or Klubfiller didn't play. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). There was an issue with a dodgy CDJ (?) and skipping CDs too during Fracus, Darwin & Entity which was again, disappointing but again it was handled well and Reece seemed to take it with particularly good humour. The amount of new stuff there was to hear more than made up for it, did I hear a new take on the F&D remix of Lift Me Up from the Kniteforce 20/20 project? Was an amazing set and I'm excited to hopefully see some of these tracks forthcoming. Those technical issues aside the sound was really excellent and could be felt through the floor, even Gammer, who I've previously slated for not supporting or being aloof left this on his facebook earlier -

"I have to tip my hat to the Hardcore Underground boys That show was so much fun! it's the first time since I can remember that I've played on a sound system in this country that is...like... Any good at all! And it wasn't just good, it was great! You could really 'feel' the music, this led to an atmosphere that was knob out. Was a great chance to play loads of new music
Seriously can we all just use that sound company from now on? Lest we be cursed with more mid-range tinny mess"

Other things I liked about the night - Getting ID'd by Fracus & CDJay, the fact that the artists were around outside chatting to people, getting a signed copy of HU5 for a bargain price. I also (briefly) met Darts (of KraftyRadio & Deal or No Deal fame) & _Jay_ (of forum posting, general nice guy fame), I apologise I wasn't more chatty but maybe we can chat at another event sometime.

Claxton Some pictures from the night!!

Me with Darren Styles

DMS with obscene things written on his back

Jay & Pravin

Torpex & Jay

Pravin, Me & DMS

Pre rave Jagers!! Too much for some ;)
latininxtc someone needs to resize their pics!

And Darren looks absolutely spooked, but then again that's not far from the face reaction he gave with me haha.
Triquatra Someone needs to resize their puney screen ;)
djDMS Absolute legends one and all!

Review coming soon
HollowRipper Had an absolute blast!

Got there just in time for Robbie Long, which was an absolutely amazing set. After that there wasn't a set i didn't enjoy. The best of them for me was Al Storm and Scott Brown, and Dougal in room 2.

Was absolutely gutted when the problems in the main room started happening, i chat to Prospect quite a lot and you could just see how gutted he was. Once they got it back on track it was a good set.

Overall it was a pleasure to be at the event. All of our group loved it. Big shouts to all the Hardcore Underground team!
Maja What an awesome night!

I absolutely loved it. Everyone I met was really cool and couldn't have been nicer. The atmosphere was immense!

I know the technical issues will have got in the way of the what the HU guys were trying to achieve, but for me, it didn't detract from what was an incredible experience. Hats off to them.

Can't wait for the next one!
Torpex It was super awesome to meet you guys, hope we can sit down and have a proper chat next time! :D

As for the event itself - excellent. Can't really add much to what's already been stated above, so I'll just echo that. :)
Elliott Glad you guys had fun!

Maybe I'll come to the next HU event on my ones. :)
_Jay_
quote:
It was super awesome to meet you guys, hope we can sit down and have a proper chat next time! :D

I promised I'll be less wasted next time!

Disclaimer: I can't promise that.

djDMS
quote:
quote:
It was super awesome to meet you guys, hope we can sit down and have a proper chat next time! :D

I promised I'll be less wasted next time

Why did you even bother wasting your time (and ours) typing that?
Entity
quote:

.....I promised I'll be less wasted next time!...

You seemed fine - and thank you (and DMS) for the drinks. Great night.

_Jay_
quote:
Why did you even bother wasting your time (and ours) typing that?

I know. I do try, though. I promise I do!

quote:
Originally posted by Entity:
quote:

.....I promised I'll be less wasted next time!...

You seemed fine - and thank you (and DMS) for the drinks. Great night.

lol, cheers Clive! Yeah, it wasn't my worst performance ever - but not my best! And no worries man - any time!

djDMS An absolute pleasure.

And also a big thank you for the insults on my t-shirt ;-)
warped_candykid BUMP

Just ordered this CD. Any reviews? Audio quality? Can you hear the crowd?

It took 7.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page