Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 HappyHardcore.com timeline

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver Bit of a challenge for people esp. long time members.

If we were to make a timeline of major events that happens on the site what would be on it, what would you add. It can be hardcore related and happyhardcore.com related.

I want to create this to sort of show the progression of the site, it's members and general "great shit that happened over the years" and make a better "about the site" section with some text information.

Month and year would be the easiest.

Things I can think of off the bat.

- Obtained the domain name.
- The site starting.
- The current design launching.
- The forums starting.
- The summer camping events.
- The DJ mix competition (we won Vestax website of the year because of it :) )
- The two Hardcore (Heaven) awards we won.
- Member oldskool achieving the -1000 posts award :)
- Two happyhardcore.com members meeting from the site and getting married.
- HappyHardcore.com radio starts
- HappyHardcore.com radio joined with DI
- HappyHardcore.com radio parted from DI :)
- HappyHardcore.com radio peaks at over 1000 listeners for the first time (during a live show).

please add more with dates :)
The drunken scotsman There's a funny joke about jay in here somewhere but I'm too mashed to think of it right now.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
There's a funny joke about jay in here somewhere but I'm too mashed to think of it right now.

Oh don't go in there ;)
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
There's a funny joke about jay in here somewhere but I'm too mashed to think of it right now.

Oh don't go in there ;)

I think Jays Asian tour should definitely be there.
Future_Shock
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
quote:

Oh don't go in there ;)

I think Jays Asian tour should definitely be there.

You mean Jay's ladyboy tour ;)

"I didn't even sleep with that many" is the quote that comes to mind. What a naughty boy.
_Jay_

lol, Jesus Christ.

Ken Masters We sent him over there on site promotions. The only thing he promoted was his sexual appetite.

How about...

- members awards & winners.
- various remix comps we've had along the way.
- the three years we've put together our very own album.

:)
_Jay_

Revs taking a pasting in Briskgate should be on there.

The Dopeman there should be one for the amount of yt vids smoogie has posted lol
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Revs taking a pasting in Briskgate should be on there.

omg yes!

Also the fall of ush.net should be on there, since it left us as the only and longest running website and forum dedicated to UK hardcore.
silver Also that shit that happened with Sharkey on here, was a major deal as Sharkey asked me not to delete the thread for legal reasons, don't think anything came from it but was a deal.

What else? We were "semi-hacked" once, but not really, someone re-named one of the forum threads, it was the reason I re-wrote 90% of the backend of the site (and the reason the site has sort of stayed the way it is until now).

Oh yeah started the HappyHardcore.DJ free email service... still running today.

Some lesser known facts:
A major music publisher (name removed) claimed we were the source of all hardcore MP3's on the internet and rang the PRS on us who emailed me saying remove your "download links"... funny. I removed all the "clips" that the labels had sent me to promote their own tunes... go figure.

Another music publisher sending cease and desist to me because he said I wasn't promoting his artists and I was a scammer and a thief because I never received the "promo" they sent me.... hahaha

Hixxy phoning me up directly saying he would pay me whatever I paid for hardcoretillidie.com so he could own it. I gave it too him for free because I had only owned it for 3 months or so at that point. In all fairness I registered it thinking I was registering "hardcorewillneverdie.com", for some reason I entered in hardcoretillidie.com and registered that thinking I had scored a great domain :)

The countless emails I get asking to licence for broadcast anything with the word "happyhardcore" in it. I just pass on the email to the correct persons like an answer service :)

Interesting fact, happyhardcore.com has been running longer than youtube, facebook & google (same month).
warped_candykid Some things I can think of... (I don't know the dates)

The Hardcore Tsunami albums

The Hardcore Addiction album

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Also that shit that happened with Sharkey on here, was a major deal as Sharkey asked me not to delete the thread for legal reasons, don't think anything came from it but was a deal.

What??? Care to elaborate on this???

Oooooh the whole Zonkers mess MUST be on there!!!!!!
silver
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

Quite sure it was this thread:
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=9858

Also noticed DJ Mole posting on this thread, we should also include the DJ Cammy and Mole (stalking Scott Brown) as well haha :)
The Dopeman
quote:
Also noticed DJ Mole posting on this thread, we should also include the DJ Cammy and Mole (stalking Scott Brown) as well haha :)

god not heard the name cammy in nearly 10 years i knocked a guy out on the bus home from school because he was listening to one of his "tunes" on his phone

ahhh such fond memories lol
Samination
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

Quite sure it was this thread:
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=9858

Rofl, I like how you wrote "I cannot close it for legal reason". I'm pretty sure for whatever reason, UK Laws do not have juristiction in either Australia or Japan at that time :P

quote:

Mole stopped stalking him a long time ago tho ;)
silver
quote:
Rofl, I like how you wrote "I cannot close it for legal reason". I'm pretty sure for whatever reason, UK Laws do not have juristiction in either Australia or Japan at that time :P

Sure thing but Sharkey was a friend so I'm not going to go shit where I eat.

quote:
Mole stopped stalking him a long time ago tho ;)

Sure but did you read the topic it's for the timeline, an event on it.
Ph33rViper I dont know what the dates were but I was thinking adding the all the Uk hardcore shows that were on on Di.fm (hhc.com radio)

So starting with when NAHM, Uk hardcore Show started and finished (if any not running anymore) and go from there.

I think i will add something a little special into the Timeline:

Myself winning so many CD Comps that most people lost count :P

I did win 7 times in a row but I have won 9 comps on here.

That streak started in 2005 :)

Yoko I do recall he had 4 wins.

It took 1.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page