Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 HH.com World Cup Brazil 2014 Sweepstake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ken Masters

Members & Teams:

Olly Elipton - Germany, Ivory Coast, Australia & Greece.

DMS - Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador & Switzerland.

Shades - Portugal, USA, Algeria & Ghana.

Jay - Croatia, Netherlands, Iran & Japan.

Daniel Seven - Chile, Uruguay, Belgium & Cameroon.

Latininxtc - Russia, Mexico, Costa Rica & Korea Republic.

Triquatra - Italy, Spain, Honduras & Columbia.

Ken Masters - France, England, Nigeria & Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Who fancies a little competition then? With the World Cup kicking off in a matter of days i've decided to run a forum based sweepstake.

However, this won't be your average money in the pot type sweepstake, we'll do something a little different, hardcore related which will no doubt be more fun :)

Here's how it'll work:

- PM me right away if you wan't to get involved & i'll add you to the list. *DEADLINE REACHED*

- Each person will be allocated a minimum of 2 teams each (possibly more depending on how many enter).

- The member lucky enough to win will receive Hardcore related presents from everyone involved (ie Albums, Vinyl's, Tape Packs, possibly a treasured lock of Scott Browns hair, etc etc).

Please DO NOT get involved if all you're willing to offer is a smelly old sock you wore to a rave back in the mid 90's. Put some effort in people, make it memorable, different & worthy of winning the competition. Give what you would like to receive (unless your names Jay. This is a family friendly comp!).

- I'd planned to let everyone take it in turns to select a team however! we're cutting if far to close & this could be a lengthy process! Instead (being a massive football fan) i've halfed all the World Cup teams into 2 pots, a "top team pot" & an "average team pot".

I will then let my girlfriend pick teams from each pot. The order the teams are chosen will depend on the order I receive your entry PM's so the sooner you enter the better!

For example, the first person to enter the comp (which just so happens to be Olly Elipton) will have their top team selected from "top team pot" & then immediately after have their average team selected from the "average team pot", then the second person to enter will have both their teams picked, & so on...

Again, this entirely depends on how many people enter *MAX ENTRANTS 8*. Once all entrants have received their 2 teams & providing there are enough teams left for everyone to receive a 3rd, I will combine all remaining teams from both pots into a "final pot" and the final teams will be selected, again starting with Olly & progressing through the order from before. If there aren't enough teams to do this then we'll just have to leave them out. In fairness I will have my teams selected last. There may well be enough teams left to give out a 4th team. If this is the case the original pots won't be combined & everyone will receive another "top team" & another "average team", it's hard to call until all entries are received.

Members involved so far (in order of PM's received):

- Olly Elipton
- DMS
- Shades
- Jay
- Daniel Seven
- latininxtc
- Ken Masters
- Triquatra

*MAX ENTRANTS 8*

Top Team Pot:

BRAZIL
SPAIN
NETHERLANDS
URUGUAY
ENGLAND
USA
ITALY
FRANCE
COTE D'IVOIRE
ARGENTINA
PORTUGAL
GERMANY
RUSSIA
MEXICO
CHILE
CROATIA

Average Team Pot:

CAMEROON
AUSTRALIA
COLOMBIA
GREECE
COSTA RICA
SWITZERLAND
ECUADOR
HONDURAS
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
IRAN
NIGERIA
GHANA
ALGERIA
KOREA REPUBLIC
BELGIUM
JAPAN

This idea has just come to light & obviously there isn't a great deal of time to enter but if you know of anyone from the site who would like get involved but may miss out, please contact them through social sites, etc & link them up. Cheers!
djDMS This is going to be fun!

Get involved peeps :-)
_Jay_

I'm in!

Just a note - Switzerland are probably in the wrong pool. They're ranked 6th in the world.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

I'm in!

Just a note - Switzerland are probably in the wrong pool. They're ranked 6th in the world.

Nice one Jay :)

..& you may be right, the fifa rankings are clear in some ways but way off in others. I decided to make an educated decision on what I felt were the top teams but by all means, if there are any teams that people reckon could be swapped then let me know & we'll sort something out :)
_Jay_

Ha! I realised I sounded like a bit of a douche after I read that back, sorry.

I'm not especially bothered - just remembered seeing the rankings the other day and was surprised to see Switzerland in 6th.
djDMS
quote:

Never bothered you before!

Sorry 'Mr football' lets change it all because you say so....
Ken Masters Haha! Now now, settle down. Save the trash talk for when the tournament actually begins ;)

Well the way I look at it, there's no team in the average pot that I'd rather have over any team in the top pot. Everyone's opinion will be different but for the sake of starting the comp on Wednesday I think this is fair :)
djDMS I trust your judgment mate, fcuk the haters! ;-)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
Haha! Now now, settle down. Save the trash talk for when the tournament actually begins ;)

oh that's not trash talk, just your average lovers spat between those two ;)
Elipton Aye, I'd say Belgium and the Swiss are probably pot 1 worthy. Croatia and USA could advocate

Can't wait for it all to start!!
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Aye, I'd say Belgium and the Swiss are probably pot 1 worthy. Croatia and USA could advocate

Can't wait for it all to start!!

The Croats always put up a good fight but Belgium are certainly a strong teams (as we Scots found out the hard way in qualifying!)

Anyone else have any input on this?
Ken Masters ..& I'd just like to say, my world cup thread kicks Ollys world cup threads ass!

My world cup image features the happyhardcore.com logo. Does his? No. Designer my ass! One day you might reach this level ;)
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:

Never bothered you before!

Sorry 'Mr football' lets change it all because you say so....

LOL. You're such a ****.

djDMS Hahahaha!

Sorry mate, love you!

HIGHFIELD ROAD! ;-)
Elipton
quote:
..& I'd just like to say, my world cup thread kicks Ollys world cup threads ass!

My world cup image features the happyhardcore.com logo. Does his? No. Designer my ass! One day you might reach this level ;)

Ken Masters Right, we have 7 entrants so far & there's no way we're reaching 16 before midnight tonight. I've decided to limit the max number of entrants to 8, meaning that everyone will receive 2 top teams & 2 average teams. It'll give everyone a better chance at winning & guarantees that someone will win :)

So! who's going to be our 8th and final entrant?

As soon as the final member get's involved, me & my good lady can start drawing the teams....
Triquatra I don't understand football

you can count me in.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I don't understand football

you can count me in.

Good man! don't worry, just type 'World Cup 2014 Winner' into google on the 13th July & see if you've won a bunch of hardcore related prizes :)

That's it then! The 8 entrants are assembled. Team update coming to the original post asap...
Ken Masters
The teams have been picked & the fun can begin!

First up! DMS's Brazil against Jay's Croatia, you just couldn't make it up...

I love it how Triquatra swaggers in at the end & picks up the favourites!
Shades Portugal, USA, Algeria & Ghana......

damn...... may as well pack it all ready for posting lol
djDMS Have some of that!

Please mark any turds sent to me by post with your name....
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
Portugal, USA, Algeria & Ghana......

I'm afraid you got the raw end of the deal shades, sorry mate but it was pulled completely at random. Although to be fair, if England win it for me i'll streak through the town with an England flag painted on my ass!

Samination this is a good way of getting of some horrible vinyls :P
Triquatra Haha! Maybe I can finally get rid of DJ Magical - Corr Blimey, that seems to keep turning up in every bundle I buy off ebay..just can't get rid of it.

Seriously though, I'll find something better than that :P
Shades
quote:
quote:
Portugal, USA, Algeria & Ghana......

I'm afraid you got the raw end of the deal shades, sorry mate but it was pulled completely at random. Although to be fair, if England win it for me i'll streak through the town with an England flag painted on my ass!

quoting that so it doesn't get lost.... miracles happen lol

Ken Masters
quote:
Have some of that!

Please mark any turds sent to me by post with your name....

Don't worry, you'll know which is mine by the distinct smell of Guinness & Buckfast.
djDMS GO UK!

:-p
_Jay_

I am going to offer up a few Hardcore Underground EP CDs, aaand Thumpa's Die Another Day album (not my taste in Hardcore).

Ken Masters
quote:

I am going to offer up a few Hardcore Underground EP CDs, aaand Thumpa's Die Another Day album (not my taste in Hardcore).

Very kind! Shame I already have it. Even greater shame I won't be winning.
Triquatra I shall offer up my Signed Fracus and Darwin *Original* Balancing Act CD and I'm sure I can find one or two special bits to throw in with it!

(nothing against it, but I have two!)
djDMS I'll be throwing.....myself at the winner
latininxtc
quote:
I shall offer up my Signed Fracus and Darwin *Original* Balancing Act CD and I'm sure I can find one or two special bits to throw in with it!

Two signed copies? Well that's not really all that special now is it?
Ken Masters
quote:
I'll be throwing.....myself at the winner

I can't wait to see the look of confusion on your face when you are in fact the winner!
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
I shall offer up my Signed Fracus and Darwin *Original* Balancing Act CD and I'm sure I can find one or two special bits to throw in with it!

No, just this one is signed.

besides, If I had two aliens from the planet uranus in my room with me right now, that would be no less special than one alien.
_Jay_
quote:
besides, If I had two aliens from the planet uranus in my room with me right now, that would be no less special than one alien.

Depends if they were sucking each other off.

djDMS Disgusting Jamie.

Well, hardly a convincing start! A win is a win though, despite Brazil looking very vulnerable.
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:

Depends if they were sucking each other off.

Filth. Downright, intergalactic filth.
_Jay_

My Croatian beauties were robbed!

Ken Masters
quote:

It would appear so! Although in sure it isn't the first time you've bent over & taken one for the team Jay ;)
djDMS
quote:

Impressed by them....but they lost so get over it!
_Jay_
quote:
It would appear so! Although in sure it isn't the first time you've bent over & taken one for the team Jay ;)

Not the first time I've been shafted by a Japanese bloke infront of a big crowd, either.

latininxtc lol @ robbed. Brazil gave you a goal, and yes that penalty shot was shady. But take those away, Croatia would have left the game 0-2.

Elipton I was shocked to see Espana get mauled like that. Nederlands are on it this year!

That amazing RVP goal has to be goal of the tournament! Cant see anything beating the sheer creativity of it! The Spanish looked outclassed everywhere on the pitch. Just gutted they're in my home sweepstake..

latininxtc Yea they were given quite the beatdown, but it's still early in the World Cup and anything can change. Hell Germany the past world cups have always been one of the highest scorers, yet they haven fallen short where it counted the most.

Still, respect to the Dutch they did an incredible job.
Ken Masters Yeah that was quite a hammering! I'm sure Spain will bounce back & get out the group but that was a wake up call & the pressures on, the Dutch are out for revenge!

You usually find its the teams that gradually find their feet in the tournament that go the distance, you don't really want to be putting in final winning performances like that in the first game!
Elipton spain lost to Switzerland 4 years ago!
Claxton Ahh shoot. how did I miss this thread!!
Shades well as starts go....

i think jay is off to a flying one
latininxtc So far DMS, Jay, Daniel Seven and I have a win.

Ellipton, Jay, Daniel Seven and Triquatra have a loss.

With my Costa Rica playing Uruguay today, I might be having a loss today lol.
Elipton I'm about to have two losses once Colombia finish their rout of the Greek
latininxtc
quote:
I'm about to have two losses once Colombia finish their rout of the Greek

Well I can tell you right now that I'll have 2 losses and a win on Tuesday. My Russia plays My Korea Republic (lol) and Brazil plays my Mexico.
Ken Masters
quote:
spain lost to Switzerland 4 years ago!

so they did, well remembered! That was quite a shock & look how things turned out. Really looking forward to the next Spain match now...
latininxtc I'm shocked! Costa Rica Wins over Uruguay, meaning I'm 2-0 so far! Could Mexico pull an upset over Brazil to give me a 4th win on Tuesday? Would be truly more shocked if it happened.
Elipton Costa Rica either makes things much easier, or much harder for England. Suddenly we have 4 teams chasing qualification from to the knock out rounds. Costa Rica look formidable

COME ON ENGLAND!

danielseven Ruiney
The Dopeman have to lol at england getting beat...rooney is pish dunno why hodgeson picked him i wouldn't have had him on the bench :)
The drunken scotsman Had a bet on 2-1 Italy. Drugs tonight courtesy of mr William hill, boom!
The Dopeman
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Had a bet on 2-1 Italy. Drugs tonight courtesy of mr William hill, boom!

i was gonna put a bet on a 1-1 draw but ended up gettin a calzone instead...best decision EVER!!! :D
Ken Masters The England group really is all to play for now, for England or Uruguay to stand a chance of getting through they need a win, shaping up to be quite a match!

Elipton I'd rather save myself the disappointment and bad mood andnotbwatch england again. The media says we were encouraging.. What good is possession when every player is standing still?? We let Italy play again and paid for it.

Rooney is ****ing abysmal everywhere on the pitch. His inability and ego surfaced again. Gerrard is shit at free kicks. Never seen him take a good one to be honest.. Its just rubbish, but everyone is saying we did well... Im in dismay.
wong F*ck rooney off for lambert. F*ck welbeck off for lallana, and f*ck henderson off for barkley and i will be happy :)
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
F*ck rooney off for lambert. F*ck welbeck off for lallana, and f*ck henderson off for barkley and i will be happy :)

I give Welbeck a lot of stick, but he put in a good shift. The only player on the pitch that chased down Italian defenders and cut down on their time allowed on their ball. He made some good movements and looked lively. I was also impressed by Henderson, so I think we should dispatch with the last of the avant garde. Get rid of Gerrard and Rooney.
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
F*ck rooney off for lambert. F*ck welbeck off for lallana, and f*ck henderson off for barkley and i will be happy :)

I give Welbeck a lot of stick, but he put in a good shift. The only player on the pitch that chased down Italian defenders and cut down on their time allowed on their ball. He made some good movements and looked lively. I was also impressed by Henderson, so I think we should dispatch with the last of the avant garde. Get rid of Gerrard and Rooney.

Send Gerrard to Scotland, we'll have him. I dont think there's many teams who wouldn't!

Its far from over! There's always upsets, ALWAYS. So long as the Italian beat Costa Rica you'll be alright I reckon. If Costa Rica beat Uruguay then there's no reason why you lot cant aswell.

Its an interesting & open group, the group of death just got that bit more venomous!
Ken Masters I cant say I understand the thinking behind Roy playing Rooney on the left. If he feels there's better players suited to his position then he has to drop him for atleast the first game to try it out, make him keen for playing the second match.

To have moved him from left, to right, to centre over the course of one match is ridiculous, play everyone to their strengths. It appears he's still undecided which could be a costly mistake. This should have all been figured out long ago, isn't that what the warm up games are for?
Elipton Playing him in any position won't make him start scoring sitters or kicking a corner ONTO the pitch. His England career needs to be over..
latininxtc So what a game that was between Germany and Portugal. I have always hated how dirty and aggressive Germany has played the game, and I hope that they fail the closer they get to the final like they've been doing the past 5 World Cups.
wong I quite like germany myself
Ken Masters well well, no doubt a few disappointed members today. I'm disappointed as well, not only because my only hope of winning this are now with France but because now i'm living in England i'd hoped the world cup buzz would have lasted longer than this!

Where did it all go wrong?
djDMS Rubbish defence. No plan B.

There you go, England in 5 words.
latininxtc
quote:
Rubbish defence. No plan B.

That's 4 words. B is technically a letter, not a full word.
_Jay_
quote:

lol.
latininxtc With a couple of exceptions, the teams in the Americas have been playing rather well, while there's a good number of top European teams struggling. My Costa Rica is doing much better than I would have ever thought. I think they said this is the 1st time in WC history that they're qualified for the top 16.

The US beat Ghana, which I personally never saw coming. Mexico has won a game, and surprisingly had a draw with Brazil, Columbia and Chile have qualified. Argentina is looking strong as well.
djDMS
quote:
quote:

How many letters in Get ****ed Stevo?
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

Someone sounds like they're in the middle of shark week!
_Jay_
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL. That's the spirit mate.

Ken Masters ooooo it's all kicking off now :P
Ken Masters Well well, group stages over & we've had it all, tension, drama & even a bite !

Now knowing all the teams that little better, who do you reckon is looking good for it?

My France have been surprisingly decent but not sure they have what it takes to win.
_Jay_

Let's have a think. Holland are quite good generally but capable of beating anyone with Van Persie and Roben playing the way they are.

Argentina have won all three games despite not looking amazing. Maybe they'll start playing better now? Maybe they'll stay the same-way and Messi will carry them to the semi's?

Colombia have been pretty impressive as an outside chance.

djDMS Jay just wrote more or less what i was going to say.

Still not convinced by Brazil, the game with Chile could be interesting. Germany look like they have more to offer. France look like they could score 10 goals a game.

Few surprises in the last 16 but nobody else has impressed me much
Ken Masters Yeah Brazil & Argentina haven't been all that impressive yet despite relatively easy groups, but it's crunch time now, they'll need to step it up a notch!

How are we all looking now then....

Members & Teams:

FIXTURES:

Brazil v Chile - (DMS Vs Daniel Seven)

Colombia v Uruguay - (Triquatra Vs Daniel Seven)

Netherlands v Mexico - (Jay Vs Latininxtc)

Costa Rica v Greece - (Latininxtc Vs Olly Elipton)

France v Nigeria - (Ken Masters Vs Ken Masters) :(

Germany v Algeria - (Olly Elipton Vs Shades)

Argentina v Switzerland - (DMS Vs DMS) :P

Belgium v USA - (Daniel Seven Vs Shades)

Ken Masters It's good to see everyone still in with a shout of winning. I'd say Mr Seven is looking good for it as things stand, 3 teams left playing in separate matches. DMS is also looking good, set to lose a team in this round but guaranteed to see the quarter finals.

Surprisingly Triquatra is now looking likely to be the first to leave us after starting with some strong teams.
don_simon3000 hmmm.... so far i have watched 1/2 game (cant even remember which un) then i watched usa/portugal and today mexico/netherlands.... the rest i av nt seen. shows how little i care about soccer these days... weird.... i remember 4 years ago i did not miss a single game.
djDMS So far in the last 16...

Lucky Brazil, lucky Holland, impressive Colombia.

On a general note, best World cup I've seen in ages.
latininxtc
quote:
So far in the last 16...

Lucky Brazil, lucky Holland, impressive Colombia.

On a general note, best World cup I've seen in ages.

the fact that at this stage brazil and the netherlands struggled for their wins shows they are not improving. I don't believe they will take the title this year, perhaps brazil but not netherlands.

My mexico is gone, no surprise there, I think Costa Rica will move forward because they're playing greece of all people. US looks like they have a win, but either way they will get slaughtered next game by more than likely argentina.
Ken Masters Agreed, it's been a crackin' world cup, & as expected these knockout matches have taken things to another level. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat for that Brazil penalty shootout. The pressure was unreal!

Another day down & another couple of teams out, we're all still involved though which is good to see. I thought Jay was goin to be the first out but he's hanging on in there & found himself in a very winnable quarter final!
_Jay_
quote:
US looks like they have a win, but either way they will get slaughtered next game by more than likely argentina.

Debatable. Belgium are strong - albeit not playing amazing football just yet.

quote:
I thought Jay was goin to be the first out but he's hanging on in there & found himself in a very winnable quarter final!

Ha! I know! I will actually be in Amsterdam of the day of their semi-final if they make it through the Quarters as well! Could be a messy night!

Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
US looks like they have a win, but either way they will get slaughtered next game by more than likely argentina.

Debatable. Belgium are strong - albeit not playing amazing football just yet.

quote:
I thought Jay was goin to be the first out but he's hanging on in there & found himself in a very winnable quarter final!

Ha! I know! I will actually be in Amsterdam of the day of their semi-final if they make it through the Quarters as well! Could be a messy night!

Wow that will be messy! Haha have a good one man!
Ken Masters ...& then there were 8.

After USA's dramatic defeat to Belgium last night we see the elimination of our first member, Mr Shades, take a bow sir.

As expected, DMS still in the strongest position & surely in with a shout of seeing the final, however we have some major matches to come this weekend, no-one is safe. First up me Vs Olly, bring it !

France v Germany - (Ken Masters Vs Olly Elipton)
Brazil v Colombia - (DMS Vs Triquatra)
Argentina v Belgium - (DMS Vs Daniel Seven)
Netherlands v Costa Rica - (Jay Vs Latininxtc)

Members & Teams:

djDMS Exciting!

Really is anybody's after those last matches, nobody has been that convincing (Colombia being the possible exception against a shit Uruguay team)
Ken Masters
quote:
Exciting!

Really is anybody's after those last matches, nobody has been that convincing (Colombia being the possible exception against a shit Uruguay team)

I think the Columbians could cause a real upset, either way they wont be going down without a fight. Brazilians, pack spare boxers because this ones going to get nervy!
djDMS Wonder what the odds would have been for picking the 8 winners of those last games? Would have been a pretty safe bet choosing the quarter finalists.
latininxtc
quote:
Wonder what the odds would have been for picking the 8 winners of those last games? Would have been a pretty safe bet choosing the quarter finalists.

yea definitely no major upsets in those 8 games. Perhaps the US and Belgium game since the US has been playing very consistent, but it all fell apart yesterday.
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
Wonder what the odds would have been for picking the 8 winners of those last games? Would have been a pretty safe bet choosing the quarter finalists.

yea definitely no major upsets in those 8 games. Perhaps the US and Belgium game since the US has been playing very consistent, but it all fell apart yesterday.

You done yourselves proud! Outstanding effort but unfortunately there's only so far grit & determination will get you. Underdog upsets always happen in the group stages but real quality shines through at this point, provided by guys who can turn a match with the slightest of chances in the blink of an eye.

Is it time for some more football again? I'm getting withdrawl symptoms & these recorded matches just ain't cutting it anymore.
djDMS More tomorrow, hang on in there mate!
Ken Masters
quote:
More tomorrow, hang on in there mate!

Normal service resumed, Mon the frogs!
djDMS Come on Brazil!

Really fancy Colombia though
djDMS Brazil. Through. (sorry Rowan)

Argentina. Looking good!
The Dopeman
quote:
Argentina. Looking good!

looking really good judging by higuians goal :)
_Jay_
Lovely goal!

Looks like it should be Holland vs Argentina for me when I'm in Amsterdam on Wednesday! Tasty as ****.

djDMS Nice!

2 in the Semi's for me.

Brazil will miss Neymar though :-\
Ken Masters Latininxtc's Costa Rica were heroic last night! The match started slow but boy did it finish with some drama. This 6am start was a little more painful than normal but was worth it considering we've nearly reached the end :(

& then there were 4.....

Olly, Jay & Dean do battle with semi's, I MEAN *IN THE SEMI'S!

Dean, your looking strong with 2 teams mate but I reckon you'll need the 2 to have any chance of winning this, the Germans are looking good for it...
djDMS Yep, had my eye on Germany right from the start. Just need both of my teams in the final, don't care which one wins! :-P
Ken Masters
quote:
Yep, had my eye on Germany right from the start. Just need both of my teams in the final, don't care which one wins! :-P

haha! Don't get greedy! ;)
Elipton Just myself, Jay and Dean left? Dean's Brazil is being shown up, but has Argentina left to play Nederland!

I think it's looking good!
djDMS Will look better if Brazil score 6 in the 2nd half!
Elipton I was actually so angry that Ozil missed the potential 8th and then Germany conceded.

It's still a humiliation, though, I suppose. A little soured!
djDMS That didn't go to plan!

Come on Argentina!
latininxtc Yes Argentina!!!!!

Man the Argentine goalie was just brilliant! Now all they need to do is beat Doucheland and they've got this! It will be a nasty battle, but hopefully they can send those Germans back home crying.
Ken Masters .
Ken Masters Its almost time for Olly & Dean to step up & do battle.

One showered in gifts, the other showered in shame, despair, heartache, self loathing. Ok that's maybe a bit far but either way they'll be a rather pissed.

I'd have to say put your money on those pesky Germans (which I will be), however if we've learned anything from this world cup its expect the unexpected!

aw man, is it almost over already? :( !!
Ken Masters Good luck chaps! May the best man win...
don_simon3000 so after my initial pick brazil was out rather early, i did 2 other picks for the 2 last games yesterday, predicted the netherlands to get p3 and say ger will win 2:1 against arg.
djDMS The tension is too much!
Elipton
latininxtc
quote:

The movie that proved Michael Jordan can't act for shit.

Apparently they're planning to do a sequel, and this time it will involve Lebron James.
djDMS Best team won.

Well played Olly.
Elipton What a World Cup!

What a game too. This World Cup has proven beyond doubt that 0-0 draws can be amazing games to watch. Schweinsteiger might just be my hero now haha!

I'll message each of you the address for my goodies! I'm ecstatic that I can prize something free from Steve's reluctant grasp. Sorry mate!
latininxtc wait, we're supposed to give you shit???
djDMS Somebody didn't read the first post properly...
latininxtc
quote:
Somebody didn't read the first post properly...

I didn't join this sweepstake b/c I actually wanted to be a part of it lol. Ken just needed some extra ppl or else this wasn't happening so I just said sure whatever.

you ain't gettin shit from me Olly! No wait, I'll just give you exactly that, shit! ;)
Elipton sour grapes?

I doubt you'd have been so quick to play down the bet had your team won ;)
Triquatra
quote:
quote:

clearly steveybaby must have something very very special up his sleeve then, that's why he's super grumpy? :P
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
quote:

clearly steveybaby must have something very very special up his sleeve then, that's why he's super grumpy? :P

No backtracking now Mr Xtc, cough up the goods ;)

& well done Olly, & zee Germans, great match to end a great world cup. Shame to see it end!
latininxtc I won't mail anything to olly, but I have some digital stuff that more than likely he doesn't have
_Jay_

Chuffed the Germans won. I had them at work. Hundred and twenty quid. LOVELY.

The drunken scotsman
quote:

Chuffed the Germans won. I had them at work. Hundred and twenty quid. LOVELY.

Nice one mate.

Overall was a great World Cup, Germany were deserved winners of the tournament, so fair play to them. All other teams that reached the later stages were heavily reliant on certain individual players. Look what happened to Brazil after losing Neymar and Silva. Germany looked the best all round team from the games I seen at least.
Elipton
quote:
I won't mail anything to olly, but I have some digital stuff that more than likely he doesn't have

Thats cool, I was going to pm you suggesting that since i know us-uk postages can be a sting.
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
I won't mail anything to olly, but I have some digital stuff that more than likely he doesn't have

Thats cool, I was going to pm you suggesting that since i know us-uk postages can be a sting.

There's always the option of buying something from a uk based site? #justsayin www.justsayin.co.uk/handinpocket/givegenerously ;)
Shades would it help if olly let us know what albums he has? no point sending something he has already like
latininxtc
quote:
would it help if olly let us know what albums he has? no point sending something he has already like

yea this! I'm sure I can find something for olly on amazon, that way I am not out anything since I have amazon credit from all my Bing searches
djDMS Good idea.
What you fancy Olly? ;-)
Elipton Thanks guys, here's a list of what I can see

Bonkers TOH, BOB, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3
HU 5, 4, 3, 1, 2010
HA 1, 2, 3
HN 3, 2009
WOW 1, 6
HTID 1, 2, 3 (newest series)
CXH 3, 4, 5

Others
Against All Odds
Point of no Return
United In Hardcore
The Holy Gates
Kimi EP (of course!)
Sound of Hardcore 2009
Hardcore the Classics (Ministry of Sound)
Hardcore Euphoria
True Hardcore 2
Hardcore 2007 New Generation
Xclusive Happy Hardcore
Hardcore The Hits
Helter Skelter Hardcore 2007
Essential Hardcore
Worlds Greatest Hardcore
The Ultimate Hardcore Album
Sharkey - Hardlife
100 Anthems Hardcore Anthems (Apace)
100 Anthems Hardcore (Apace)
Hardcore Reunited

Phew, I was a bit of a Cash Converter junkie in my college years!

I don't mind any Hardcore or D&B cd's - I'm not fussy :)
latininxtc so that's a list of what you have or what you don't have?
Elipton
quote:
so that's a list of what you have or what you don't have?

What I do have
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

What I do have

In that case, I got dibs on giving you Bonkers 12!
_Jay_
quote:
quote:
quote:

What I do have

In that case, I got dibs on giving you Bonkers 12!

What an amazing gift that is! Love Bonkers 12.

Bee-Trax I would have liked to get in on this one, but I don't think I could part with my signed copy of Bonkers 7!
In fact, I don't think I could part with any of my copies.
Elipton w
t
f
_Jay_

Olly have you not been paying attention to this guy's posts? He is amazing.

djDMS No wonder there's so many copies of Bonkers 7 left, it was shite.
_Jay_

Dean you are turning into the Jack Dee of this forum.

Love it.

Elipton I don't come on here much man, but I have no idea how he has so many Bonkers 7's. Was he part of React?
_Jay_

His post here might explain it:

quote:
Originally posted by Bee-Trax:
If there is a space, I would be happy to put myself forward to be a a character who was swept out to sea 14 years ago, but was picked up by a trawler, has since been suffering from amnesia, renamed myself Ted, and joined the salvation army. Oneday Robbie Coltrane would see me collecting boxes from Macauly Culkin and recognise me/try and track me back down.
I don't want to give too much of the storyline away, but basically it ends with everybody making a new bonkers 7 album.

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=65935

Elipton Got Bonkers 12 today! Thanks Steve! :D
latininxtc
quote:
Got Bonkers 12 today! Thanks Steve! :D

hah that was nice and quick!
Shades parcel is on it's way....... addressed to Oliptifluxx lol

_Jay_
Olly, gonna hopefully sort out a PACKAGE for you today. Try post it early next week.

quote:
GO UK!

:-p

This still fcuking creases me up.

wong
quote:
No wonder there's so many copies of Bonkers 7 left, it was shite.

i agree with this
Shades Nothing there yet?
Elipton Sorry lads, been a busy week :D I received a very disturbing postcard from Rowan along with two amazing CD's, Bonkers 12 from Steve via an overzealous Amazon, and another that's at the Post Office waiting for me to pick it up (day job gets in the way)!

Thanks a million guys :) Very cool selection so far
Triquatra It'll be worth absolute pennies oneday!! ;)
Shades
quote:
another that's at the Post Office waiting for me to pick it up

Chances are that's mine.... a little too big for a letter box lol

djDMS Been away for a while, will sort mine soon
Triquatra
quote:
quote:

Wehheeeeeey!
Ken Masters Sorry again for the delay Olly but Magaluf damn nearly killed me! & as I write this I'm waiting a flight to Glasgow to continue this hazy adventure.

I promise I'll sort you out soon..
Elipton
quote:
quote:

Holy moly man! Thanks! There are CDs I never knew even existed. This Brisk software certainly looks interesting. Hopefully I can get it working and have a snoop!

This made me laugh - mostly because the postman had to rewrite it on a postal form!
Shades open the files on the cd & rip golden old skool samples ;)
should be in brisk 44hz
the software is obsolete lol
Elipton
quote:
open the files on the cd & rip golden old skool samples ;)

sickkk!
Triquatra I'm guessing that's the Zero-G software/sample pack that brisk did?
Elipton
quote:
I'm guessing that's the Zero-G software/sample pack that brisk did?

It's a Dancesoft Studio Master CD-Rom. Looks as though the company has long since been gone
Triquatra yarp, looks like it, or another version also comes with a selection of samples taken from Norman Cook's Skip To my loops, which is also Zero G too!

http://www.ricklomas.com/dj-magazine/Skip-to-my-Loops-Norman-Cook.htm
Shades http://www.6thplanet.com/store/technical/soasmasterdjdougal.html

same as this, but the brisk edition... can't find the brisk one. theres some good old skool acapella's & breakbeats ;)
Triquatra The brisk and dougal ones are lumped together in the Zero G sample pack:
http://www.producerloops.com/DJ-Dougal-and-DJ-Brisk-Hardcore-Sample-Pack-Download.html
Shades the dougal & brisk cd samples & loops are identical lol
that's naughty they are suggesting it's 2 differnt sets of samples
i had both here which is why i decided to send one :)
Triquatra Hehe, that is a bit naughty!
Shades itching to know what the others have sent :)
Elipton Did someone send something recently without a stamp?
latininxtc
quote:
Did someone send something recently without a stamp?

How do you know it doesn't have a stamp? Here in the US if it doesn't have postage, it's sent back to the sender
djDMS Wasn't me.
I didn't forget, honest!
Elipton
quote:
quote:

How do you know it doesn't have a stamp? Here in the US if it doesn't have postage, it's sent back to the sender

I've got to pay the postage to receive it
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've got to pay the postage to receive it

lol that's messed up. The person who sent it without postage, not the system. I think that's a better system.
Triquatra cue everyone sending Olly post without paying the postage ;)
Elipton I'm only asking because I'm determining whether to actually pick it up or not.

It took 8.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page