Total online 1970
 Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Up and coming Hardcore Underground Albums!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
latininxtc Darwin just posted this on his facebook:

April looks to be another bundle month!

There's the Lethal Theory Classics album being released, as well as Fracus & Darwin's 3rd artist album, which is Filth & Dubbed Hatred (I think), an artist album from DJ Rescue from GTYM titled Bombs Away, and some 4th album which I cannot make out. I think it says The High Grade, No Sweat. Can't tell what it's about.

It's gonna be an even busier year for Hardcore Underground, and I couldn't be happier!
arpz https://soundcloud.com/joeyriot/sets/the-high-grade-no-sweat-artist

Just googled that quickly and came up with this :D

Not sure I'm mad on the weed connotations but who really cares, more decent music!
Quicksilver Looks nice!

The F&D album is called "Filth & Dumb Hatred", I'm sure. ;P
Elipton Joey Riots new album sounds quite interesting. "The Chant" is a track I'm curious to hear!
nantk getting excited :P
djscavenger When is the DJ Stompy album scheduled for release?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
https://soundcloud.com/joeyriot/sets/the-high-grade-no-sweat-artist

Not sure I'm mad on the weed connotations but who really cares, more decent music!

Yea I'm not too thrilled about it either. Why the need to reference drugs in a genre that already has that connotation?
Gazza1712 Lethal theory classics? They put out anything decent on there label? I know the whole powerstomp thing has really taken off but I've always found lethal theory releases poor, Kurt's and Joey riots best bits were signed to quosh with tracks like rock ya hardcore and hardcore to the bone, just my opinion though I know they are very popular and I've always preferred Kurt as a dj over Joey
Hard2Get
quote:

I'm completely certain that Joey Riot couldn't give a shit!
Captain Triceps The album cover says Kulbfiller. Either it's a poor attempt at an anonymous alias or that might wanna be changed...
_Jay_

Nice! I'll be dishing these out tomorrow night after Bust An Old Jam.

Matt, can you help me because I'm going to be mangled. Pleeeeeease.

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
The album cover says Kulbfiller. Either it's a poor attempt at an anonymous alias or that might wanna be changed...

where?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
The album cover says Kulbfiller. Either it's a poor attempt at an anonymous alias or that might wanna be changed...

where?

On there!
Elipton
quote:

Must agree. I disagree that music should be a vessel to promote drugs.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

where?

On there!

haha I hope they leave it! that way from this moment on he will forever be known as kulbfiller!
lurker
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

Maybe you should counteract it with an album called The Top Grade. Two CDs of hardcore tunes encouraging kids to stay in school!
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

I don't think that's what it is. But if you feel that way then you must dislike a large amount of Hardcore as the drug references are many. Maybe not as blatant, but still there.
arpz No problem with it, just think weed stuff looks tacky on artwork, reminds me of some kind of market stall baccy tin
Audio Warfare This springs to mind - haha. Just as blatant.

Doesn't bother me but feels a bit out of place really. Weed makes me thing of Reggae, Hip Hop, Jungle or DnB if anything. Don't really care though, No Sweat makes some wicked tracks and I'm sure it'll be good. :)

Glad to see HU putting out so much stuff including up and coming artist albums. A great step for Hardcore.

fakka13k I see fusion/hechtec are putting on an event soon, got me thinking wouldn't it be awesome to have an album with new remixes of stuff put out on those labels!
Craigavon raver Yeah I seen this to! a lot of stuff happening on hu this year, look at the stuff we know about due for release this year not even on the flyer! like sharkeys album for example (but doubt that'll be out this year) but must admit I was surprised about no sweats and rescues album, didn't expect to see a no sweat album and I've never even heard of rescue!
CDJay There should be a fair few artist albums following "Live @ Rehab" and "Happy Hardcore Underground" as well as yet-to-be revealed comps towards end Summer.

There's actually a serious danger of "Filth & Dumb Hatred" slipping, even this close to completion. as Darwin's wife has had to undergo knee surgery at short notice and far earlier than anticipated. So we'll probably have to choose between getting HHU finished up (which involves multiple parties and loads of needs-releasing-now material) or that. Never mind the masses of prep needed for Live @ Rehab!

We'll see.

CDJay
warped_candykid Any updates on Happy Hardcore Underground?
CDJay It's essentially done, just waiting on some final masters back. It'll hit in June, along with Live @ Rehab and two other as yet unannounced projects.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
It's essentially done, just waiting on some final masters back. It'll hit in June, along with Live @ Rehab and two other as yet unannounced projects.

CDJay

Unannounced projects? You know better to keep secrets from me! I mean, us! :)
djDMS Definitely tempted to make another purchase this week, need convincing to buy something....
CDJay Lethal Theory Classics and No Sweat albums go up for pre order imminently...

CDJay
djDMS Still in two minds about DJ Tools & Bombs away first
CDJay That's a decent pairing; be aware that DJ Tools actually is genuinely limited in quantity and we're well over the 2/3 gone mark. I'll be surprised if that's around much longer.

We might also hold some back to bundle with DJ Tools 2 (probably July, for that, I reckon) at a slight price premium so... yea.

CDJay
Ken Masters
quote:
It's essentially done, just waiting on some final masters back. It'll hit in June, along with Live @ Rehab and two other as yet unannounced projects.

CDJay

I have a question. Do you sleep? & if so when!? Surely there cant be enough hours in the day for the admirable effort you guys put it, its insane!

Not complaining, just looking out for your well being ;)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:

CDJay

I have a question. Do you sleep? & if so when!? Surely there cant be enough hours in the day for the admirable effort you guys put it, its insane!

Don't think that CDJay does it all by himself. Gaz definitely puts in a lot of work into the label as well, and I imagine Chwhynny does too.
CDJay
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

Don't think that CDJay does it all by himself. Gaz definitely puts in a lot of work into the label as well, and I imagine Chwhynny does too.

I'm about 2.5 weeks away from a complete mental breakdown at this point. It's not so much the hours, it's the sheer incessant nature of it; juggling several things non stop 18 hours a day. That said, I don't work even a fraction as hard as Gaz. Chwhynny gets spanks, but only if she is good.

CDJay
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

I'm about 2.5 weeks away from a complete mental breakdown at this point. It's not so much the hours, it's the sheer incessant nature of it; juggling several things non stop 18 hours a day. That said, I don't work even a fraction as hard as Gaz. Chwhynny gets spanks, but only if she is good.

CDJay

yeah, I might have been over exaggerating a wee bit :P I don't doubt the commitment from all involved, its a busy set up!
CDJay You're presuming I am joking. I am not.

Well, the spanking thing is unfair. Chwhynny does a lot to help with all endeavours.

CDJay
Ken Masters
quote:
You're presuming I am joking. I am not.

Well, the spanking thing is unfair. Chwhynny does a lot to help with all endeavours.

CDJay

Your kind of like the mule of Hardcore, no-ones concerned for your wellbeing so long as the goods get delivered ;)
Sulphurik The new album No Sweat - High Grade, who are No Sweat?! Is this album powerstomp?

http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/34
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
You're presuming I am joking. I am not.

CDJay

Your kind of like the mule of Hardcore, no-ones concerned for your wellbeing so long as the goods get delivered ;)

I'm sure Chwhynny won't mind spanking Jon if he asked!
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
The new album No Sweat - High Grade, who are No Sweat?! Is this album powerstomp?

http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/34

Clips here

CDJay
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
quote:
quote:

Maybe you should counteract it with an album called The Top Grade. Two CDs of hardcore tunes encouraging kids to stay in school!

I appreciated this.
CDJay Hahahahaa, I missed that somehow.

Tremendous!

CDJay
djDMS Any possibility of a stall selling CD's on Friday? I make rash purchases when I'm drunk.
arpz Literally just talking to CDJay about this on FB... things for sale! With a paypal card reader!

CDJay There will be a merchandise stall, DJs will have assigned times to do CD signings (meaning they can be somewhat personalised) throughout the night *and* we have a card reader linked to paypal. This also gives people the option to buy things and have them posted rather than having to carry around or remember to retrieve before leaving.

On the ball. It moves, and is on a rope over the abyss, but we're on the ball all the same

CDJay
djDMS All bases covered as expected ;-)
latininxtc That mailing thing is a sweet idea. Does anybody else do that at any other events in the UK?
CDJay Dunno; it's easier for us because we already have the products and back end set up from the store.

CDJay
Vladel speaking of albums i ordered high grade no sweat on the 27th and it aint here.
CDJay Should have arrived on the 29th, then. PM me your order number and I shall investigate

CDJay
Gazcore PM Sent as well.

Same reason as Vladel
CDJay For reasons not entirely clear (well, lack of sleep and my own bleary eyed ineffectiveness) Vladels never actually got posted.

Gazcore; yours hasn't shipped because we're out of stock on "Strength in Numbers". We'll ship the rest of the order today, and follow up with SiN as soon as we get stock (which should be fairly imminent!)

Now the event is over, and the latest batch shipped, our responsiveness and efficiency should return to semi normal. Wherever that lands on the spectrum...

CDJay
Gazcore Thanks for the quick response!
djscavenger any word on the Stompy album, I'm ready for a serious dose of cheese
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by djscavenger:
any word on the Stompy album, I'm ready for a serious dose of cheese

Stompy?? He's been long gone. Maybe a remake of one of his tracks will pop up on Happy Hardcore Underground.
CDJay Stompy album is pretty much ready to go bar two licenses pending.

It'll hit over the Summer at some point; I'd hazard a guess at August.

CDJay
djDMS Hows things looking for Live at Rehab Jon?
Cyrax *cough* *cough* Sharkey album ? no rush or anything but any new info would be good ]

much love
CDJay Will get recordings back imminently; Sharkey album is pencilled in for Sept/Oct timeframe. Now the event is out of the way that's one of our higher internal priorities!

We'll be announcing the next batch of releases shortly!

CDJay
Cyrax
quote:
Will get recordings back imminently; Sharkey album is pencilled in for Sept/Oct timeframe. Now the event is out of the way that's one of our higher internal priorities!

CDJay

cheers bud

Mad Max
quote:
Will get recordings back imminently; Sharkey album is pencilled in for Sept/Oct timeframe. Now the event is out of the way that's one of our higher internal priorities!

CDJay

I think I can just about cope with the wait. I think your releases til then will keep me happy....

CDJay We've been working on some pretty cool stuff.

If Nothing else, I think people will be surprised how much we're upfront loading big big tracks on the next DJ tools

CDJay
Captain Triceps I hate to be cynical but Sharkey album was due about 8 years ago...

Anyway, crap jokes aside. I don't know if it's ever been suggested or mentioned or whatever, but reckon we could have a proper Vibes (and co) album? We always get treated to the usual stuff everyone and his dog's dog has got - but there's plenty of early naughty (naughty) bootlegs that could do with digital release, old b-sides, and also stuff from the late 90s he made that never got proper releases. I know him and Livelee have some project on the go but that's all new stuff as far as I can gather.
Sulphurik Any more details on the happy Hardcore Underground album?
latininxtc
quote:
I don't know if it's ever been suggested or mentioned or whatever, but reckon we could have a proper Vibes (and co) album? We always get treated to the usual stuff everyone and his dog's dog has got - but there's plenty of early naughty (naughty) bootlegs that could do with digital release, old b-sides, and also stuff from the late 90s he made that never got proper releases. I know him and Livelee have some project on the go but that's all new stuff as far as I can gather.

No.

For one, I wouldn't care for a Vibes album, and for another, because the majority, if not all, of the tracks featured will be bootlegs, and that'll be a nightmare and a legal risk to do considering that it's illegal to profit off of bootlegs if you don't have the consent from the original owners of those tracks to profit off of them. Sure you can say that HU is a small label compared to these larger labels and would probably not ever notice, but I don't believe Jon would want to risk that chance.
Captain Triceps Yeah, I'd figured that was one of the main reasons you never really see them. I never thought it would actually happen but i'd love it if it did!
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
I don't know if it's ever been suggested or mentioned or whatever, but reckon we could have a proper Vibes (and co) album? We always get treated to the usual stuff everyone and his dog's dog has got - but there's plenty of early naughty (naughty) bootlegs that could do with digital release, old b-sides, and also stuff from the late 90s he made that never got proper releases. I know him and Livelee have some project on the go but that's all new stuff as far as I can gather.

No.

For one, I wouldn't care for a Vibes album, and for another, because the majority, if not all, of the tracks featured will be bootlegs, and that'll be a nightmare and a legal risk to do considering that it's illegal to profit off of bootlegs if you don't have the consent from the original owners of those tracks to profit off of them. Sure you can say that HU is a small label compared to these larger labels and would probably not ever notice, but I don't believe Jon would want to risk that chance.

So is DJ Vibes supposed to be mixing the album? I was presuming it would be compiled by Hardcore Underground and mixed by individual (s) who are part of HU.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

No.

So is DJ Vibes supposed to be mixing the album? I was presuming it would be compiled by Hardcore Underground and mixed by individual (s) who are part of HU.

you're talking about the HHU album? One cd is being mixed by Vibes and Chwhynny. And there are 2 albums of unmixed tracks.
Sulphurik
quote:

you're talking about the HHU album? One cd is being mixed by Vibes and Chwhynny. And there are 2 albums of unmixed tracks.

Yeah. Fair enough, wouldn't have been my choice for who would be involved in the mixes. Looking forward to seeing the tracklisting. Hopefully more kick drum than breakbeat tracks.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

Yeah. Fair enough, wouldn't have been my choice for who would be involved in the mixes. Looking forward to seeing the tracklisting. Hopefully more kick drum than breakbeat tracks.

Yes, it's unfair that Chwhynny gets to sleep her way to a mix on the HHU album! Only joking Jon and Chwhynny

I am actually looking very forward to the mix, as I've never actually heard Chwhynny mix before live or streaming/download. Vibes' mixing is hit or miss for me, so I hope that Chwhynny brings in a great balance to the mix.
CDJay Not entirely correct!

CD1 is unmixed; largely of stuff either that we should have released years ago but couldn't or didn't.

CD2 is mixed by Vibes & Chwhynny, moving from happy through to melodic via hard to end.

CD3 is mixed by DJ Storm & Bananaman and moves around whilst largely maintaining the HH status quo

It's essentially entirely 4-beat, bar the odd breakdown or midsection. No "breaks" as the definitive article.

There's a lot of stuff that if only on the mixed CDs, remix wise, is largely spaced against fairly imminent artist albums. There's, in fact, some bleed with the Brisk and S&E albums, for example.

We're considering doing a retro BBHC thing on a future project; not this one. I've had strong and long discussions with various parties incensed that this facet isn't properly showcased in this instance and I'm more keen to be proven wrong than half arse anything at this late stage

CDJay
fakka13k " There's, in fact, some bleed with the Brisk and S&E albums, for example."

S&E? Slipmatt and Eruption?
warped_candykid
quote:
Not entirely correct!

CD1 is unmixed; largely of stuff either that we should have released years ago but couldn't or didn't.

CD2 is mixed by Vibes & Chwhynny, moving from happy through to melodic via hard to end.

CD3 is mixed by DJ Storm & Bananaman and moves around whilst largely maintaining the HH status quo

It's essentially entirely 4-beat, bar the odd breakdown or midsection. No "breaks" as the definitive article.

There's a lot of stuff that if only on the mixed CDs, remix wise, is largely spaced against fairly imminent artist albums. There's, in fact, some bleed with the Brisk and S&E albums, for example.

We're considering doing a retro BBHC thing on a future project; not this one. I've had strong and long discussions with various parties incensed that this facet isn't properly showcased in this instance and I'm more keen to be proven wrong than half arse anything at this late stage

CDJay

TRACKLIST?????!!!!! The anticipation is killing me!
CDJay S&E = Storm & Euphony.

I *want* to post the tracklist. I *want* to finalise the mixes. There are three outstanding licenses, from one licensee. I know for a fact that if I fail to get at least one of these, there will be endless bleating about "why isn't xxxxx" on there. Last hurdle. So tired. Gah.

If I don't get some sort of useful resolution soon I may resort to public petitioning so stand ready, eh?

CDJay
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Not entirely correct!

CDJay

TRACKLIST?????!!!!! The anticipation is killing me!

Can't wait to see tracklisting now!
Vladel Wasn't sure where to put this but something that is really pissing me off at the mo is the low numbers of previews on the HU site for upcoming albums. Hu Tools Vol 2 has one preview and that's some of Fracus & Darwins poorer work. Klubbed up anthems has about ten and it's not enough to just buy something out of faith like why i bought the brisk album and not the dougal and gammer one. I did find some more previews of HU tools vol 2 tracks but it's not ideal but i haven't heard anything on either of them that makes me want to part with cash.

-On a special side note of particular annoyance is how Promises by Fracus & Darwin (also what i consider to be the best track they have ever made) is on HU tools vol 1. I want this track but damned am i playing ?10 + postage for it as i'm not fussed about anything else on that album.

- On another side note: Dougal & Mickey Skeedale - On A High (Chris Fear & Ajay HU Mix) RELEASE this F*****G song! and not on a silly ten track effort either see above special note.
CDJay We fully intended to have a near complete clip list for DJ Tools Vol 2 sorted for the start of this week *but* Fracus moved house and his internet installation got put back until the 9th, forcing him to fall back on a 1gb mobile internet dongle. My motherboard failed, with the replacement I hastily procured being faulty, then when I got up and running again my main SSD appears to have been taken out losing well.. everything really. It will take some time to get back up to speed in light of this.

I have no ownership or clue what is happening to that remix of "On a High" but I will try to find out.

It's not a conspiracy to antagonise you.

I'll be honest; we're pretty burned out at this point. Trying to keep on top of all of the albums against the backdrop of the wider scene is far from a fulfilling and rewarding activity.

Oh, finally, I mentioned it in another post but I'll reiterate it in a more general way here too. Podcast. We do one, around every 4-6 weeks. Almost everything ends up being showcased on there, making it a good way to keep up to date with both the music and our intentions for it. We're due to do another one, in the next fortnight or so.

CDJay

edit: I misread/interpreted what you said about Promises; the issue is that it isn't available as a single track? That will be rectified in the future, once physical stocks are depleted. As it stands I think there's around 50 or so left for sale, so it shouldn't be too long.
CDJay Also thought, as I am tired and it is worth noting, that it is great that anyone can get pissy about clips and our apparent ineptitude. Ask yourselves one thing: If we snap and justifiably flee.... What is left?

Edit: More whining. Not much point. Either people support it, or not. No need for doomsday prophecy.

CDJay
AceofSpades_Lorenzo Give Jon a break......

I don't see anyone else attempting to release 10+ physical albums in a matter of a year.........
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Wasn't sure where to put this but something that is really pissing me off at the mo is the low numbers of previews on the HU site for upcoming albums. Hu Tools Vol 2 has one preview and that's some of Fracus & Darwins poorer work. Klubbed up anthems has about ten and it's not enough to just buy something out of faith like why i bought the brisk album and not the dougal and gammer one. I did find some more previews of HU tools vol 2 tracks but it's not ideal but i haven't heard anything on either of them that makes me want to part with cash.

-On a special side note of particular annoyance is how Promises by Fracus & Darwin (also what i consider to be the best track they have ever made) is on HU tools vol 1. I want this track but damned am i playing ?10 + postage for it as i'm not fussed about anything else on that album.

- On another side note: Dougal & Mickey Skeedale - On A High (Chris Fear & Ajay HU Mix) RELEASE this F*****G song! and not on a silly ten track effort either see above special note.

First off, you should be grateful we even have CDs coming out! CDJay & the HU crew work extremely hard to give us quality physical products. It's not anyone's fault that you may happen to like only 1 or 2 songs on a disc. You can either buy the disc and hopefully the other tracks will grow on you, or you can just put faith in the track being released independently.

Also, just because a song [On A High] is on a HU album, doesn't mean the track belongs to HU. So show some respect to the one label actually trying to makes CDs work in today's mp3 market.
latininxtc
quote:
Wasn't sure where to put this but something that is really pissing me off at the mo is the low numbers of previews on the HU site for upcoming albums. Hu Tools Vol 2 has one preview and that's some of Fracus & Darwins poorer work. Klubbed up anthems has about ten and it's not enough to just buy something out of faith like why i bought the brisk album and not the dougal and gammer one. I did find some more previews of HU tools vol 2 tracks but it's not ideal but i haven't heard anything on either of them that makes me want to part with cash.

Please add a part 2 for your rant, only this time talk about how much you hate a child's laughter, sunny skies and an amazing blowjob.

Seriously you bitch cry and whine about the most ridiculous things you massive cunt.
DJ Fracus
quote:

We will post more clips of DJT2 online prior to release, Jon's already explained why this hasn't happened already. I think everything else on there is actually clipped online somewhere anyway either via our podcasts, previous album releases, or on the artist's own pages etc. It's not ideal, but under the circumstances it will have to do. The pre-sales are generally aimed at people who pay enough attention to what we do anyway that they'll likely be aware of a lot of the music already.

The 'DJ Tools' releases are just aimed at giving value for money both to people who like the majority of what we do, as well as better monetising singles for the artists who otherwise see a huge chunk of the already limited income from MP3 sales end up in the pocket of digital vendors. Also as with our other releases, we just like to put something collectible and physical out there to add a little bit of... 'significance' to the release.

As with any release, if certain tracks mean that overall the CD isn't to your personal taste and not worth the money, then just don't buy it. We've had some great reactions to 'Never Let Go' for example, but as with anything we release / make, it won't be to everyone's taste and that's absolutely fine. We've been doing this for a living long enough to realise that you can't please everyone all of the time, but also long enough to know what works for us on the dance floor overall and what doesn't, and have faith in our own opinions too.

All the tracks will eventually be available digitally and individually anyway, but via 'DJ Tools' people who want to buy the tracks whilst they're still "upfront" can get them at a lower cost per track AND better help the label and artists survive in the process. I appreciate it's annoying if you only really want one out of ten tracks, and if there was a way of solving that without undermining the concept, we'd use it. In the end though we're here to run a record label that releases and supports the music we believe in, not provide a public service (although you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise given the way we're spoken to sometimes).

Rest assured we take every criticism that's levelled at us as a label (and artists) on board constructively, and making sure there are adequate previews online is something we definitely need to improve. We have always learned quickly and pushed ourselves forward as best we can. We'll continue to do so.

Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Fracus:

We will post more clips of DJT2 online prior to release, Jon's already explained why this hasn't happened already. I think everything else on there is actually clipped online somewhere anyway either via our podcasts, previous album releases, or on the artist's own pages etc. It's not ideal, but under the circumstances it will have to do. The pre-sales are generally aimed at people who pay enough attention to what we do anyway that they'll likely be aware of a lot of the music already.

The 'DJ Tools' releases are just aimed at giving value for money both to people who like the majority of what we do, as well as better monetising singles for the artists who otherwise see a huge chunk of the already limited income from MP3 sales end up in the pocket of digital vendors. Also as with our other releases, we just like to put something collectible and physical out there to add a little bit of... 'significance' to the release.

As with any release, if certain tracks mean that overall the CD isn't to your personal taste and not worth the money, then just don't buy it. We've had some great reactions to 'Never Let Go' for example, but as with anything we release / make, it won't be to everyone's taste and that's absolutely fine. We've been doing this for a living long enough to realise that you can't please everyone all of the time, but also long enough to know what works for us on the dance floor overall and what doesn't, and have faith in our own opinions too.

All the tracks will eventually be available digitally and individually anyway, but via 'DJ Tools' people who want to buy the tracks whilst they're still "upfront" can get them at a lower cost per track AND better help the label and artists survive in the process. I appreciate it's annoying if you only really want one out of ten tracks, and if there was a way of solving that without undermining the concept, we'd use it. In the end though we're here to run a record label that releases and supports the music we believe in, not provide a public service (although you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise given the way we're spoken to sometimes).

Rest assured we take every criticism that's levelled at us as a label (and artists) on board constructively, and making sure there are adequate previews online is something we definitely need to improve. We have always learned quickly and pushed ourselves forward as best we can. We'll continue to do so.

You didn't mention that it's Promises (one of your tracks that i'm bothered about It will be great if it does get its own release and i hope it does.

quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
First off, you should be grateful we even have CDs coming out! CDJay & the HU crew work extremely hard to give us quality physical products. It's not anyone's fault that you may happen to like only 1 or 2 songs on a disc. You can either buy the disc and hopefully the other tracks will grow on you, or you can just put faith in the track being released independently.

Also, just because a song [On A High] is on a HU album, doesn't mean the track belongs to HU. So show some respect to the one label actually trying to makes CDs work in today's mp3 market.

Actually on the album the track is listed as a HU mix so yea the question is worth asking...

quote:
Please add a part 2 for your rant, only this time talk about how much you hate a child's laughter, sunny skies and an amazing blowjob.

Seriously you bitch cry and whine about the most ridiculous things you massive ****.

I don't hate any of those things

DJ Fracus
quote:
You didn't mention that it's Promises (one of your tracks that i'm bothered about It will be great if it does get its own release and i hope it does.

Was just speaking generally as "the label" about any of the tracks really which will all eventually see solo release, but yes it's great that you did finally like something we did ;)
Vladel It's in my top 100 of all time
whittle1 Any idea on a release on date for Happy Hardcore underground?
CDJay OF the three outstanding licenses we were pursuing, we now have 2/3 and little to no chance on the third.

So it's, essentially, done.

Should be late August; Live @ Rehab will be Mid August.

CDJay
Captain Triceps
quote:
OF the three outstanding licenses we were pursuing, we now have 2/3 and little to no chance on the third.

CDJay

Please will you tell us what the no-chancer was?
GrahamC
quote:
quote:
OF the three outstanding licenses we were pursuing, we now have 2/3 and little to no chance on the third.

CDJay

Please will you tell us what the no-chancer was?

Yeah, name & shame them into granting the license!
CDJay Toytown (Darwin remix)

I know, fundamentally, that if this isn't on there I'm going to be fielding questions from now until my last gasp. *That's* why I was willing to drag things out a bit in hope of resolution, but it's just not going to happen in the required timeframe.

We'll get it sorted, one day, and put it out somehow. Just not on HHU.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
Toytown (Darwin remix)

I know, fundamentally, that if this isn't on there I'm going to be fielding questions from now until my last gasp. *That's* why I was willing to drag things out a bit in hope of resolution, but it's just not going to happen in the required timeframe.

We'll get it sorted, one day, and put it out somehow. Just not on HHU.

CDJay

So you got the licensing for it to be released as part of the mix but not as a single dj-friendly track correct???

You could always do a HU EP5 and give it away for free!

ooh or a gift with pre-sale/purchase!
GrahamC The Reece version crept out completely unauthorised I believe, still a stunner. Just do that! Easy solution,

Step 1 - set up a new Soundcloud account called Ballistic Bill's Megasounds & one on HHC called Terrific Ted's Legendary Sounds. Do it in the library or summat so your personal IP is innocent.
Step 2 - upload the track with downloads enabled
Step 3 - Let the address filter out quietly from the dodgy HHC.com address to the masses
Step 4 - BOOM! You've stuck it to the man!
CDJay I don't want to stick it to anyone, though

It won't feature mixed or unmixed, everything else is nailed.

We're close. So close!

CDJay
arpz I hear hixxy is quite partial to the odd pizza...one last attempt?
Vladel I don't know if you are able to answer and i won't be offended if you can't...

Would the rights belong to sharkey who is doing an album on HU?

What is the issue?
CDJay I can't really go into it, but obviously everyone involved in the track (and/or with ownership of the track) has be on the same page. That isn't the case, so we can't move forward.

Hopefully in time we can, and will. This has been dragging for a month or so, now, nearly, so with the other two licenses in place it's go go go!

CDJay
latininxtc Everyone keeps asking about Sharkey when it comes to this track. I thought he had nothing to do with the track and it was only misprinted that he was part of the track???

In any case I know you're not one to give up on things, but in this case I think you have to because the other parties WILL NOT budge they're so stubborn. You might as well just release it in some form for free. Or else this is one that will never see the light of day to the public. Or you can wait till Hixxy dies. He's a pie or 2 away from that clearly.
Vladel It's a shame that it's the public who don't get the music when this sort of thing happens but latininxtc is right about this one and I have every faith the project will be great even without toytown. It still is a shame it won't feature though.
Captain Triceps I asked kinda knowing it would have been Toytown. Obviously I don't know the ins and outs but I don't see why he can't just say yeah, go for it. Or let it go for free, of course.
djDMS
djDMS Some things just baffle me, this is one of them! X
warped_candykid Well...it's Toytown. Granted I love the track, and highly consider it a Hardcore anthem, but there have been so many CDs put out with Toytown on it that I think I can deal with not having the Darwin remix (cause I don't recall the Darwin remix even having the vocal sample anyways).

That being said, I am so ready for this album. We need some cheese. Hardcore has become so serious. Serious melodies, serious vocals, serious meanings....where did the fun go? The cheese and imagination (and the kickdrum) were the magic to Hardcore (and Brisk/Darwin/Al Storm/Technikore have been great at keeping that magic going, as well as those involved on CD 3 on HU 2013).

It took 5.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page