Radio listeners 174+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Breeze!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Jacco Wow, best tune I heard from him in ages!
Quicksilver I was very surprised when I first heard it... :o
Samination Breeze? this sounds like Gammer!
Bad Corey Wait I'm confused. This isn't drum'n'bass.

Joking aside, that lead is ****ing terrible and he needs to change it right away.

That said, that breakdown is immense and wonderful and THAT VOCAL. GOOD LORD THAT VOCAL is probably the best new vocal I've heard in ages.
Impulse_Response Not really a fan of this one, or most that sound like this.
Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Breeze? this sounds like Gammer!

You're right, now that I think about it! :D Very Gammer-esque! Fat saw pads in the breakdown and a bleepy detuned melody over the soft offbeat stabs in the drop...
AceofSpades_Lorenzo everything is really good but the lead sound.... it's what ruins the tune :x
wong Nowt special
The drunken scotsman It's the best tune I've heard from breeze in a long time, sadly that's not really saying much. Nothing more than a set filler.
djDMS Almost had me fooled then.
Elliott That's the best thing he's done for years.
danielseven I like this one actually! It has a nice vocal and uplifting vibes!
Shades
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
that lead is ****ing terrible and he needs to change it right away.

this
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
That's the best thing he's done for years.

Yeah, it really is. It's a shame he's put that big, horrible, basic sound in there (I don't see the appeal in this sound generally). Other than it's lovely!

The Dopeman awful tune...how can people like this garbage
wong it clearly isn't awful. it's just not to your taste. get over it
DJ_FunDaBounce Lol'ed when the lead came in (due to reading the comments first :P), then I

I liked the vocal, though.
Mansy I think everyone knows that breeze isnt the best solo artist but that being said i was happy to hear this song, means hes taking note of how people feel (the ones that give a crap) on the music hes making.
Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
I think everyone knows that breeze isnt the best solo artist but that being said i was happy to hear this song, means hes taking note of how people feel (the ones that give a crap) on the music hes making.

Judging from this track, it looks more like: "Y IZ GAMMER SO POPULAR AND NOT ME!?!" and then tried to copy everything Gammer does. :P
Karthy My dislike for Breeze aside I love this tune, props to him! I don't mind the lead too much, could be alot better but it sounds new and refreshing. The breakdown and vocal are just insane though!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
I think everyone knows that breeze isnt the best solo artist but that being said i was happy to hear this song, means hes taking note of how people feel (the ones that give a crap) on the music hes making.

Judging from this track, it looks more like: "Y IZ GAMMER SO POPULAR AND NOT ME!?!" and then tried to copy everything Gammer does. :P

+1

Only thing missing is him taking on s3rl's stuff :P
skarr Breeze back to his worst, absolutely awfull, worst tune of the year so far?? https://soundcloud.com/markbreeze/breeze-the-riddum/
brodster
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Breeze back to his worst, absolutely awfull, worst tune of the year so far?? https://soundcloud.com/markbreeze/breeze-the-riddum/

I wanted to like this one... until the drop. During the buildup I was anticipating an intense drum and bass groove, but nope more poorly executed minimal hardcore T_T. I loved the break and build up but this is terrible. You've lost it Breeze.
Samination I like it when no one complains when Douglas does it, but Breeze? OH no he ruined it :o
brodster Minimal Hardcore isn't bad. RTC by Weaver and Ravine is a great track. DJ Noriken posted a really catchy minimal hardcore track to his soundcloud a few weeks ago. It's just Breeze never does it for some reason. We all know he can make decent music but his minimal stuff always disappoints.
djscavenger not a bad effort bud the lead sound is quite raw, needed a bit more polishing methinks
djDMS
quote:
I like it when no one complains when Douglas does it

I do, gets right on my tits!
Quicksilver
quote:
Breeze back to his worst, absolutely awfull, worst tune of the year so far?? https://soundcloud.com/markbreeze/breeze-the-riddum/

Jesus, that drop is so boring.
Bad Corey
quote:
I like it when no one complains when Douglas does it, but Breeze? OH no he ruined it :o

This. I've always respected Douglas' production abilities but holy crap the guy doesn't know how to climax a song whatsoever.
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:

Jesus, that drop is so boring.

I knew, just fucking KNEW, that the first comment I saw would be the word 'sick'. I fucking HATE this cunt of a description. "SIIIIICCCKKKK!!". Tosser.
Quicksilver Haha, I don't mind the word but that drop is anything but sick! It sounds like the DJ intro or the part after a drop. :P
Captain Triceps
quote:
Haha, I don't mind the word but that drop is anything but sick! It sounds like the DJ intro or the part after a drop. :P

I hate it! I've known people to describe DVD displays in a shop as 'sick'. I've heard people describe the fact they are finishing work early to play golf as 'sick'. I've been told I make a 'sick' cup of coffee (in a good way).
I used to work in Cex and the amount of times you'd hear it in day from those fucking cretinous customers. I remember one prick had a Craig David album in his hand, listing every track with the word 'sick'. People pointing at every game in the shop going, "Tekken, sick! Tiger Woods, sick! Splinter Cell, sick!". I've even seen people use it as a 'goodbye' along with a fistbump. "Sick yeah, in a bit bruv". IT HAS NO SHITTING MEANING ANY MORE AND A LITTLE BIT OF 'SICK' GOES IN MY MOUTH EVERY TIME I GO ON FUCKING SOUNDCLOUD AND EVERY OTHER PISSING COMMENT IS THIS TWAT OF A WORD!!!
The Dopeman
quote:

the fact that he tagged it as #UKHardcore makes me want to put my hand down my throat and rip my insides out!!!!

honestly he's got some nerve calling that hardcore...where the **** is the hardcore? it's no wonder i slate "UK Hardcore" as much as i do with pieces of shit tracks like this coming from the so called "big names" in the scene

how has it been allowed to go on for so long? i know the music has to change and evolve bit hardcore has totally lost it's identity imo...at least in the uk it has

what will happen next?
Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Haha, I don't mind the word but that drop is anything but sick! It sounds like the DJ intro or the part after a drop. :P

I hate it! I've known people to describe DVD displays in a shop as 'sick'. I've heard people describe the fact they are finishing work early to play golf as 'sick'. I've been told I make a 'sick' cup of coffee (in a good way).
I used to work in Cex and the amount of times you'd hear it in day from those fucking cretinous customers. I remember one prick had a Craig David album in his hand, listing every track with the word 'sick'. People pointing at every game in the shop going, "Tekken, sick! Tiger Woods, sick! Splinter Cell, sick!". I've even seen people use it as a 'goodbye' along with a fistbump. "Sick yeah, in a bit bruv". IT HAS NO SHITTING MEANING ANY MORE AND A LITTLE BIT OF 'SICK' GOES IN MY MOUTH EVERY TIME I GO ON FUCKING SOUNDCLOUD AND EVERY OTHER PISSING COMMENT IS THIS TWAT OF A WORD!!!

trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
quote:

the fact that he tagged it as #UKHardcore makes me want to put my hand down my throat and rip my insides out!!!!

honestly he's got some nerve calling that hardcore...where the **** is the hardcore? it's no wonder i slate "UK Hardcore" as much as i do with pieces of shit tracks like this coming from the so called "big names" in the scene

how has it been allowed to go on for so long? i know the music has to change and evolve bit hardcore has totally lost it's identity imo...at least in the uk it has

what will happen next?

ya i feel you. i called him out on that brixton track...look what he changed the genre too LOL
Vladel
quote:
I like it when no one complains when Douglas does it, but Breeze? OH no he ruined it :o

that's because no one cares about freeform

edit to add: the tune ain't that bad to be honest
djDMS
quote:
quote:

Steady on mate, you'll make yourself sick.
Bee-Trax I think he should make more stuff like Tsingtao
Mortis
quote:

Best rant I've read on here for ages. Kudos.
Samination We got Breeze to thank for alot ;)
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
quote:

Steady on mate, you'll make yourself sick.

Thumbs up for proper use of 'sick'!
DJ D-Luc-D I'm assuming that nobody else is into T2Kazuya's current style then? :P Because I thought that's what The Riddum sounded like, which was why I liked it.

http://soundcloud.com/t2kazuya/dawning

It took me a while to like it though because I was really enjoying his 2012 style when he changed, heh.
Elliott
quote:
quote:

Tekken is pretty sick tho tbf
Elliott
quote:

I don't actually hate it. It's basically some Playaz/Radius-esque drum & bass with a 4-to-the-floor kick. Which obviously sucks for everyone who doesn't like that kind of music but I do.
_Jay_

The Riddum is actually pretty keeewell until the drop.

djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

So is skydiving without a parachute.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:

So is skydiving without a parachute.

_Jay_
LOL. Good one.

You're bitter as fcuk these days, Dean. Love it.

Cyrax
quote:
quote:
I like it when no one complains when Douglas does it

I do, gets right on my tits!

I have to disagree, we can't have every track going main riff in build up to main riff on the drop, dont get me wrong I love those tracks but appreciate the diversity of when someone tries something different

_Jay_

There's minimal and there's minimal. The FutureWorld-esque minimal stuff is just devoid of any atmosphere or feeling (I'm talking about the actual point of the "drop" here, not the surrounding track). Douglas' minimal-style drops are better presented and have a bit of depth. I do get a bit frustrated with them on occasion when I feel a monster, momentum-filled drop would have been better - but there is really no comparison between his stuff and the other minimal stuff we're discussing.

djDMS
quote:

There's minimal and there's minimal. The FutureWorld-esque minimal stuff is just devoid of any atmosphere or feeling (I'm talking about the actual point of the "drop" here, not the surrounding track). Douglas' minimal-style drops are better presented and have a bit of depth. I do get a bit frustrated with them on occasion when I feel a monster, momentum-filled drop would have been better - but there is really no comparison between his stuff and the other minimal stuff we're discussing.

What Jay said

But in a barely understandable Yorkshire accent.
d2kx TYL3R - Yin Yang
+
Breeze & Modulate - Bang 2 Me Nasty (VIP Mix)

got played on the Tomorrowland Mainstage today.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:
TYL3R - Yin Yang
+
Breeze & Modulate - Bang 2 Me Nasty (VIP Mix)

got played on the Tomorrowland Mainstage today.

Any feedback/reaction news on that mate?
rafferty Seems like most people on this site like their Hardcore one way, cheesy and trancey.
I personally really like alot of the artists and tunage on FutureWorld. While it may not be the cup of tea of people on this site. Breezes label does have a very solid following, constant Hardcore chart top places for his label are proof that a lot of people like what the label is offering.

Why alot of Hardcore people like FutureWorld, is because it's producers are doing something different and more forward thinking than alot of other producers in the scene.
Will also bring alot of new fans to UK Hardcore music because it stays clear from the whole gatecrasher candy raver dummy sucking tely tuby tag that makes people laugh at hardcore and call it gay.
Futureworld gives Hardcore more credibility like it had in the 90s.
I am not against all trance influenced Hardcore (still really dig Scott Brown) but the whole S3rl dummy sucking shit can't disappear soon enough if you ask alot of people.
Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Why alot of Hardcore people like FutureWorld, is because it's producers are doing something different and more forward thinking than alot of other producers in the scene.

No, it's simply popular because it's heavily influenced by what's popular at the time - not because it's trying something new and different because trust me, it's anything but new and different. It simply copies everything that is popular in the mainstream genres, boost the BPM to 170 and adds a hardcore beat then calls it a day. A lot of people fell in love with hardcore when it was trancier cause they loved THAT sound - if it then turns into something vastly different, it isn't what they fell in love with and chances are high they will not like the new stuff.

Compare it to a Big Mac - say 10 years ago you tried your first Big Mac and it was great, you loved it and had one every week. Then a few years later, McDonald's changed it to taste like the Double Cheese Bacon burger they have at Burger King. Wouldn't you be disappointed? You might like that new Big Mac, but it isn't a Big Mac anymore.
_Jay_

Longer clip on the HU podcast. I really, really like it. Great high-energy initial drop. 17m20s onwards.

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/hupodcast09

latininxtc Can't believe I never commented on this topic. Oh well better late than ever!

I actually liked the original clip when this topic was first created, but it did sound a bit boring. When it was featured on the HU podcast, I instantly loved it! Perhaps Breeze did make some slight changes to it, or it just sounded much better sped up.

I was surprisingly shocked that Breeze went back to making this stuff, considering that he pretty much said he hated it. I guess he wanted to remain relevant to the scene at the expense of his own productions. I didn't mind his DnB stuff, I just think if he was going to start promoting it, he'd need to switch genres because he wouldn't get far sticking around the hardcore scene, unless he made a drastic move to the HU label where they can help him cultivate it to a more hardcore breaks sound. That wasn't ever going to happen though lol
latininxtc
quote:

And you're right that drop is fucking terrible. Totally ruined what could have been. Sort of reminds me of Fracus and Darwin's Landed. That drop still haunts me.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Can't believe I never commented on this topic. Oh well better late than ever!

I actually liked the original clip when this topic was first created, but it did sound a bit boring. When it was featured on the HU podcast, I instantly loved it! Perhaps Breeze did make some slight changes to it, or it just sounded much better sped up.

I was surprisingly shocked that Breeze went back to making this stuff, considering that he pretty much said he hated it. I guess he wanted to remain relevant to the scene at the expense of his own productions. I didn't mind his DnB stuff, I just think if he was going to start promoting it, he'd need to switch genres because he wouldn't get far sticking around the hardcore scene, unless he made a drastic move to the HU label where they can help him cultivate it to a more hardcore breaks sound. That wasn't ever going to happen though lol

pretty funny if he claimed he hates vocal hardcore or whatever ; for a good minute he was still labeling all his tracks UK HARDCORE. looks like he gets it now...

my buddy has a message from gammer saying he doesnt like playing or producing uplifting uk hardcore anymore, so thats why we get to hear trap and big house at raves we pay to hear hardcore. lol
Elliott Regarding Breeze and Gammer, I didn't realise that they (allegedly) don't even like UK hardcore anymore.

I thought they were just trying to make a mainstream cash grab out of a dying scene by "modernising" it.

Either way, **** them both. Breeze hasn't been involved in a truly great track since Sometimes and I've been growing tired of Gammer for years now.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:

No, it's simply popular because it's heavily influenced by what's popular at the time - not because it's trying something new and different because trust me, it's anything but new and different. It simply copies everything that is popular in the mainstream genres, boost the BPM to 170 and adds a hardcore beat then calls it a day. A lot of people fell in love with hardcore when it was trancier cause they loved THAT sound - if it then turns into something vastly different, it isn't what they fell in love with and chances are high they will not like the new stuff.

Compare it to a Big Mac - say 10 years ago you tried your first Big Mac and it was great, you loved it and had one every week. Then a few years later, McDonald's changed it to taste like the Double Cheese Bacon burger they have at Burger King. Wouldn't you be disappointed? You might like that new Big Mac, but it isn't a Big Mac anymore.

I don't like Big Macs but I do love hardcore.
The drunken scotsman Breeze has done a very good update of sometimes. Very impressed with this ...

djDMS Ooh, intriguing!
The Dopeman
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Breeze has done a very good update of sometimes. Very impressed with this ...

that is...crap

can't put it any other way

honestly breeze needs to stop...he's crap
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:

that is...crap

I've never been his biggest fan since he stopped working with styles. But credit where it's due, that's an excellent tune imo.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

that is...crap

I've never been his biggest fan since he stopped working with styles. But credit where it's due, that's an excellent tune imo.

It was an excellent tune when the original came out years ago. This is just filler, and another example why his label is 2nd rate. They put in too much effort in remixing tracks that aren't that old and where the originals still get a fair amount of play at events. They should be focusing more on original material.

If Breeze feels compelled to do remixes or remakes, he should have a crack of his 90s stuff. I bet a good percentage of the current ravers won't even recognize that the tracks are even remixes/remakes.
d2kx
quote:
I bet a good percentage of the current ravers won't even recognize that the tracks are even remixes/remakes.

That is the whole point. Most newer ravers have no idea of the original, but he was very proud of this track and would love to play it out again, but if you are not in nostalgia mode and didn't know the original then it will just sound dated and not up to today's standards.

Personally I think this update is awesome :-)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:
quote:
I bet a good percentage of the current ravers won't even recognize that the tracks are even remixes/remakes.

That is the whole point. Most newer ravers have no idea of the original, but he was very proud of this track and would love to play it out again, but if you are not in nostalgia mode and didn't know the original then it will just sound dated and not up to today's standards.

I was referring to him remixing/remaking his 90s material not this 2008 track.
trippnface pretty weak update imo. reminds me of styles EDC set. those 2014 updates >.>
trippnface hey but good point; massive step in the right direction and loads better than his trainwreck bigroom trash
oxis the lead sounds like one of those youtube parodies where they pitch shift a guys voice to a song

honestly though this isnt as bland as the other recent stuff ive heard from him although i dont really follow breeze
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by oxis:
the lead sounds like one of those youtube parodies where they pitch shift a guys voice to a song

honestly though this isnt as bland as the other recent stuff ive heard from him although i dont really follow breeze

alot of the YTPMV are rehashes of the same songs (namely some of those furry breakbeat once) but there are a few gems out there
Here's a Youtue playlist with a few i like:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0F9F6C7B1C36053D

Going back to the topic: the track is ok, but I have to agree with dopeman, it's still sheit :P
lurker At least he got something out of that horrible vocal, unlike the original. It might be filler to get T2Kazuya's remix from ages ago released (a bit too much like the Language remix but still a decent track IMO).

It took 3.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page