Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 If we booked them, would they come?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
_Jay_
I know that they will come if we book them - was just a cheeky nod to Wayne's World 2 that I re-watched recently.

Anyways, I have flirted (more than that, really) with the idea of putting on my own (small) event for a long time. Over the course of the second half of 2013 I even contacted basically my entire desired line-up and they all agreed in principle. I said that I'd follow up as and when plans progress to officially book them, but with my new job - shit's just got away from me.

I'm not really in a position to put one on all by myself (not only because of my job but because I don't have any experience with it). That said, I still want to do it.

Of the LADS on here that I rave with regularly, do you think it'd be a nice/doable idea for us to stick on a little rave together? Get a few of us involved in the organisation, split the costs and reduce our individual exposure when, inevitably, nobody turns up.

Disclaimer: Before Silver gets pissy about us using his brand, this would not be a HappyHardcore.com back/themed/supported/associated event.

The drunken scotsman I've never met you in person Jay and I live at the other end of the country from you. But I'd be more than happy to chip in some dosh later in the year for an event. I can't offer any experience in this type of thing though. What location do you have in mind?
Cyrax I can help mate : )
Triquatra you know I'll back you whatever the weather mate! ;)
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
I've never met you in person Jay and I live at the other end of the country from you. But I'd be more than happy to chip in some dosh later in the year for an event. I can't offer any experience in this type of thing though. What location do you have in mind?

Top lad! The location is one of the bigger issues. We would need to make a decision about whether the location should be dictated by a sort of equal mid-way point, geographically, between who was helping organise, or, on the basis of what area or region would give us the best chance of having a decent attendance.

quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
I can help mate : )

Excellent mate. This is the kind of attitude we need!

quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
you know I'll back you whatever the weather mate! ;)

"Ohhh look at me, I've had releases on CLSM and Scarred Digital and now I'm humble enough to offer my assistance in putting on a crappy little rave."

JK LOL.

But yeah, seriously, I'd already mentally signed you up mate. Cheers. :-)

The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
I've never met you in person Jay and I live at the other end of the country from you. But I'd be more than happy to chip in some dosh later in the year for an event. I can't offer any experience in this type of thing though. What location do you have in mind?

Top lad! The location is one of the bigger issues. We would need to make a decision about whether the location should be dictated by a sort of equal mid-way point, geographically, between who was helping organise, or, on the basis of what area or region would give us the best chance of having a decent attendance.

quote:
I can help mate : )

Excellent mate. This is the kind of attitude we need!

quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
you know I'll back you whatever the weather mate! ;)

"Ohhh look at me, I've had releases on CLSM and Scarred Digital and now I'm humble enough to offer my assistance in putting on a crappy little rave."

JK LOL.

But yeah, seriously, I'd already mentally signed you up mate. Cheers. :-)

No worries mate. It would probably make sense to either be somewhere in the midlands or London area. I'm willing to travel either way.
Cyrax By help I mean show up help get the place ready , the get drunk and chat bollox in the smoking area
djDMS I'm in mate.

Masterbeats/Beat me off WILL happen
arpz Don't think I can really do anything with regards to money and stuff and don't fit into your LADS category (yet, at least) but I'll be looking forward to buying a ticket if it's somewhere suitable :)
latininxtc You could always ask CDJay for some advice on how to go about this, I'm sure he's more than willing to give you ideas on exactly how to go about this!
_Jay_
quote:
By help I mean show up help get the place ready , the get drunk and chat bollox in the smoking area

Ha ha! Like at Munted, basically? ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I'm in mate.

Masterbeats/Beat me off WILL happen

I was hoping we could go with Pill Munching Frenzy?

quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Don't think I can really do anything with regards to money and stuff and don't fit into your LADS category (yet, at least) but I'll be looking forward to buying a ticket if it's somewhere suitable :)

I didn't mean to make it sound like a clique kinda thing! Happy for anyone to get involved.

quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
You could always ask CDJay for some advice on how to go about this, I'm sure he's more than willing to give you ideas on exactly how to go about this!

We did actually talk about it a fair bit last year. He's a legend. Always happy to listen and offer advice.

arpz Hahaha sorry, I don't really think I can be relied on to be of any assistance at all anyway. I can probably manage to get myself to a venue and a ticket though :D
Samination I'll back you up with my... ehm swedishness :P
Ken Masters
quote:

Get a few of us involved in the organisation, split the costs and reduce our individual exposure when, inevitably, nobody turns up

Haha! I liked that! & it still didn't put me off, I must be mad.

I'm up for helping out as much as possible mate & taking on a responsible role. I haven't ran events as such but ive hosted a few rooms at events.

I'm happy to help financially as well, like you I have toyed with the idea of running my own but don't feel confident on taking on such a task. This is all experience for as all without one person taking a major hit to the bank balance. BUT! Losing money is worst case scenario, I think between us we'd pull off a great night!
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:

Get a few of us involved in the organisation, split the costs and reduce our individual exposure when, inevitably, nobody turns up

Haha! I liked that! & it still didn't put me off, I must be mad.

I'm up for helping out as much as possible mate & taking on a responsible role. I haven't ran events as such but ive hosted a few rooms at events.

I'm happy to help financially as well, like you I have toyed with the idea of running my own but don't feel confident on taking on such a task. This is all experience for as all without one person taking a major hit to the bank balance. BUT! Losing money is worst case scenario, I think between us we'd pull off a great night!

I don't know a great deal about running events but I would imagine that you would pretty much be guaranteed to lose money when starting up a new event. I can't see their being many events which do more than just break even.

Jay, I'm whatsapping you!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I don't know a great deal about running events but I would imagine that you would pretty much be guaranteed to lose money when starting up a new event. I can't see their being many events which do more than just break even.

When I was planning it for myself, I was basing my calculations on getting absolutely nothing back. I think that is something everyone has to be comfortable accepting - that we may get absolutely no money back whatsoever. It might even be an idea to do the first night for free. We'll see.

quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Jay, I'm whatsapping you!

Sorry mate - I got them but was out on the lash (out of character for me). We'll have a chat on there over the course of the weekend. :-)

Ken Masters Are you thinking about a possible series of events Jay or one big 'see how it goes' affair?

If you think there may be more to come then a free party could kick things off nicely with the vision of taking the idea forward.
The drunken scotsman What timescale are you thinking Jay? This year?

Also what could the event be called?

Ken Masters How about 'Jays Dungeon'?

has a certain ring to it :)
The drunken scotsman
quote:
How about 'Jays Dungeon'?

Hahaha. Hosted by Jaysef Fritzl
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:

Well thats the name sorted! What next? Haha

_Jay_
quote:
Are you thinking about a possible series of events Jay or one big 'see how it goes' affair?

If you think there may be more to come then a free party could kick things off nicely with the vision of taking the idea forward.

For me, that decision would be made after the first event. It wouldn't necessarily be based on "Did enough people turn up?", but a combination of - did the preparation stress me out too much, how much money have I lost, was I buzzing my absolute tits off when everyone was having a great time?

In short - definitely open to a second or further event(s). But, I wouldn't say I was approaching this with a "Let's make a top event brand and see if we can really do something here" attitude.

quote:
What timescale are you thinking Jay? This year?

No estimated time whatsoever yet mate. I don't want this to be rushed. But, equally, you need to put a date on these things to give you/the group something to work towards so people don't become idle.

I think once we have a definite core of people that are ready to commit time and money to this - then we can say "Right, let's aim for February 2015", for example. Then as we formulate a line-up, contact DJs and hunt for a venue - a date will naturally emerge.

quote:
Also what could the event be called?

Completely open to suggestions mate!

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well thats the name sorted! What next? Haha

Ha ha! You lot are appalling.

Thumpa Count me in
silver
quote:
Disclaimer: Before Silver gets pissy about us using his brand, this would not be a HappyHardcore.com back/themed/supported/associated event.

Why would I be pissy?
Bad Corey I'll come play pretty much anywhere for a flight and a bed and a promise that I won't die either en route or on location (plane crashes withholding).
_Jay_ So, we're starting to get an idea of who is seriously on board now.

Deano, Ben, Ken, Olly, Rowan, Jamie and Jay.

Sound about right?

Everyone PM me your e-mail address and mobile numbers!

quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Count me in

Lad.

How is venue hunting going?

quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:

Why would I be pissy?

I remember you having words with Darts about "HappyHardcore.com" appearing on a flyer.

quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
I'll come play pretty much anywhere for a flight and a bed and a promise that I won't die either en route or on location (plane crashes withholding).

I think international bookings are a bit beyond us for a first event mate!

silver
quote:
I remember you having words with Darts about "HappyHardcore.com" appearing on a flyer.

ahh I don't remember the specifics on this sorry, but is all good, in general if you want to call anything a "happyhardcore.com <anything>" you need to ask... Just the same way you can't make an HTID event without asking :) You also can't say you're from happyhardcore.com as a DJ credit unless your a mod or higher :) Same deal you can't call yourself "DJ ABC from Raverbaby" just because you play the records :)

Logos are cool, community events are all good... I'm just trying to avoid any legal issues (I have had people try to sue me because as you all know I create all happy hardcore music in the world apparently!?) plus I don't want confuse official things with community things for people that are unfamiliar with the forums and the members :)
Future_Shock I have a background in events (have run several), with helping to run AWF and am completing a 3 year bachelor degree in entertainment business management in six weeks which part of has been running ACTUAL events in all scopes.

If i lived over the pond i'd be ALL over this like jay on a woman with a dong - but ANYTHING i can help with - just ask! I can be especially helpful with the business side as i've been doing this for a while.

An interesting thing might be to start a kickstarter program for this kind of thing. Maybe a lot of people in the local area would be willing to chip in a couple of quid to get this going? A few quid from a couple of hundred people could make a HUGE difference.

If you want my skype or email or phone number just let me know! Be glad to help.
Rodz90 Depending on when it's on i could help facilitate with projection mapping/lighting/stage design

I've done stuff previously for a fair amount of festivals and events in Europe and the UK.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
I have a background in events (have run several), with helping to run AWF and am completing a 3 year bachelor degree in entertainment business management in six weeks which part of has been running ACTUAL events in all scopes.

If i lived over the pond i'd be ALL over this like jay on a woman with a dong - but ANYTHING i can help with - just ask! I can be especially helpful with the business side as i've been doing this for a while.

An interesting thing might be to start a kickstarter program for this kind of thing. Maybe a lot of people in the local area would be willing to chip in a couple of quid to get this going? A few quid from a couple of hundred people could make a HUGE difference.

If you want my skype or email or phone number just let me know! Be glad to help.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
Depending on when it's on i could help facilitate with projection mapping/lighting/stage design

I've done stuff previously for a fair amount of festivals and events in Europe and the UK.

Thank you both very much lads. Much, much appreciated.

We're looking very low scale (150-200 capacity venue) and financing isn't an issue. Certainly very grateful for both of your offers for assistance though - I'm sure we'll need help from a number of people!

Mickey Init I, too, am in the London area, Jay, so I'd be happy to help if needed. I helped run a do in the East Mids. many many moons ago where we used to get one mainstream headliner per event but the aim of the game was to have as much fun as possible.

Edit: NB: I knew it was a Wayne's World reference before I clicked in to the thread.
silver When are you looking to do the event? I booked nearly all the bigger names for the hardcore summer bash so I could assist in making contact
_Jay_
Thank you very much Silver! That's very kind indeed.

As it happens, I've had a chat with someone whom runs a label/event that's pretty popular and we look like we may be doing something together - so DJ-contact should be absolutely fine.

For everyone that's said they're interested in helping I am going to set-up a private Facebook group in the next day or so.

djDMS Lovely.

We'll have a grope....er, i mean chat on Friday ;-)
Claxton Hardcore Spectrum

or...

The Spectrum of Hardcore

djDMS Big thrusting pulsating beats orgy
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Big thrusting pulsating beats orgy

This is a more fitting name for an event run by Jay. Keep it sexual ppl!
Claxton Ripping off best selling albums...

The Dark Side Of The Hardcore

Saturday Night Hardcore

Bat Out Of Hardcore

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hardcore Club Band

The Immaculate 'Core'llection

Bridge Over Troubled Hardcore

Ooops!... I Did It Hardcore
_Jay_

Beat Bukkake.

djDMS
quote:

Beat Bukkake.

About time!
_Jay_

Beat n Two Veg.

Darts just heard about / seen this... I'm happy to help and advise any way I can

I know it'll be a great little event even before it's started, just because of who's involved.
jordesuvi I'd happily be a part of this. After this summer I'm gonna start launching social media stuffs for my channel. It's not much but I'll help give it promotion if it goes underway.
Hell, if it's in the West Yorkshire vicinity I'll even show up :]
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Darts:
just heard about / seen this... I'm happy to help and advise any way I can

I know it'll be a great little event even before it's started, just because of who's involved.

Thanks very much Dave. And thanks for your text earlier in the week. I'll re-send that one that didn't go through later on! :-)

quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
I'd happily be a part of this. After this summer I'm gonna start launching social media stuffs for my channel. It's not much but I'll help give it promotion if it goes underway.
Hell, if it's in the West Yorkshire vicinity I'll even show up :]

Top man, that would be amazing. Good to meet you last weekend as well mate - hope you had a good night!

It took 1.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page