Radio listeners 156+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 2014: Your top hardcore artists

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Torpex This should be interesting. Name your top hardcore artists at the moment. Genius producers, epic remixers, wicked DJs - your call. People you admire, follow, enjoy listening to.

The supposed "hardcore" in the title is of the UKhappyhardcoreraveform variety, but if you want to step out of the usual box - feel free. :)
versia Scott Brown is starting to push a lot of good stuff out again at the moment. I also like what Spirit Wolf is releasing at the moment. Would also give ABJ a good mention too :).
Bad Corey Brisk has done absolute work this year. Album of the year so far (though the Muffin album may knock it off). Also a fair shout to Eufeion. He got his hands on some big kicks and has made some phenominal remixes of classic, and the sheer volume of music he puts out rivals the pace that Technikore was keeping in 2012.
The drunken scotsman Scott Browns comeback has been great, so yeah probably him for 2014 so far.

For me though, nobody will ever top Darren Styles...but that's been the case for many years now.
skankineddie666 Pinnacle & Sc@r hands down! They are both great producers & Djs.
trippnface fracus & Darwin for sure. honestly not too much "uk hardcore" is impressing me

3r2 and M-project are both still doing really upbeat j core/uk/makina music though

defekt and abj def still do really nice stuff as well!

Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Scott Browns comeback has been great, so yeah probably him for 2014 so far.

For me though, nobody will ever top Darren Styles...but that's been the case for many years now.

Have you not gone off him in the post-Junkbox era? Seems to me that he's now just producing FW crap to a higher standard than the other FW artists.
HollowRipper For me there's two "up and comers" that are streets ahead. Nizzle and Clowny. The productions from both of them are consistently brilliant, and their dj sets are bouncy full of energy and near perfect.
AceofSpades_Lorenzo Darren Styles
Fracus & Darwin
Skeets
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Scott Browns comeback has been great, so yeah probably him for 2014 so far.

Have you not gone off him in the post-Junkbox era? Seems to me that he's now just producing FW crap to a higher standard than the other FW artists.

If anything I've gone off hardcore in the last few years. Obviously the music has progressed and changed but styles is the one who got the balance right for me. Introducing all these new production techniques to his tunes but still keeping the same uplifting sound (in most of his tunes at least). I shudder to think where mainstream hardcore would be at this moment without DS.
Mansy Fracus & Darwin
Technikore
Scott Brown

Anything these guys make will just erupt a dancefloor.
Quicksilver Darwin and Gammer are in my top list!
DJ SMALOUM TRIPLESTAR
RANZOR
ARYX
DARWIN
KASPERSKY
DJ D-Luc-D Ayo nobody mentioned the JP lot yet
Here are a few of mine with a track they've done this year, I might add more later. :P

Aethral
Shoujo
LU-I
かめりあ doesn't make much hardcore but there are a few bits here plus the whole album is great in my opinion so have the XFD.
anubasu-anubasu
Soleily
Sanaas
XIO
Asterisk (he makes hardcore but I thought that this was one of his nicest ones this year)
Ranzor is still making stuff behind the scenes don't worry
Cyrax jD-KiD
A.B
Transcend
Technikore - His last track preview "Whack Ass" was awesome
Evolutionize
Substanced
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
Ayo nobody mentioned the JP lot yet
Here are a few of mine with a track they've done this year, I might add more later. :P

Aethral
Shoujo
LU-I
かめりあ doesn't make much hardcore but there are a few bits here plus the whole album is great in my opinion so have the XFD.
anubasu-anubasu
Soleily
Sanaas
XIO
Asterisk (he makes hardcore but I thought that this was one of his nicest ones this year)
Ranzor is still making stuff behind the scenes don't worry

definitely XIO some seriously uplifiting shit!
_Jay_

Scott Brown. jD-KiD.

I don't know if they were all actually made this year but there's some sweet Rhythmics tracks flying about.

The drunken scotsman Scott Browns return has been nothing short of amazing. Legend
rafferty So many at the moment, all the guys pushing fresh ideas and new sounds.
SCOTT BROWN
BEN AV-IT
CHRIS FEAR
RECON
ALEX PROSPECT
TYL3R
BUZZMAN
SPARKLE
DOWSTER
VAGABOND
DOUGAL
RAMOS
KLUBFILLER
CHRIS UNKNOWN
MARK BREEZE
MOB
DARREN STYLES
ENTITY
MICHAEL SCOUT
FRACUS
brodster This year I've seen some seriously awesome tracks/releases from:
Technikore
Fracus & Darwin
DJ Noriken
Thumpa jD-KiD
A.B
Elipton Ranzor has impressed me. As has Daniel Seven and Dys7. Chasers is another name with music that I've enjoyed.
I really wish Kurushi would produce more as he had a couple tracks out last year that really impressed me.

https://soundcloud.com/ranzor
https://soundcloud.com/daniel7
https://soundcloud.com/dys7dj
https://soundcloud.com/chasersmusic
Sc@r big names for me gotta be :
Sy, Darren Styles, Technikal, Scott Brown every time

Up and commers, for me who are topping it and impressing me :
Reflux, Jakka B, M-Project, Technical Difficulties

There are alot more but these are the guys are my fav at the mo
Claxton Technical Difficulties are getting themselves about but they honestly do nothing at all for me. I don't see it.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Sc@r:
M-Project

M-Project up and coming?
AceofSpades_Lorenzo Chris Ross(CJR-his new UK Hardcore alias)

His new breakbeat stuff is insane; he's drastically improved since his NSR days. His new UK Hardcore stuff is really good too "CJR-Believe"-It's on HU DJ Tools Vol 2 ;) Then yeah; He's also got a UK Hardcore track in the works with me that's sounding pretty dope :D
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
M-Project

M-Project up and coming?

what did you expect from an UK artist? maybe we should place Scar next to Breeze? :)

Anyways, here's my top artists for first half of the 2014:

Helblinde (finally got his album out!)
Brisk
M-project
Olly Addictive
Elipton In fairness M-Project has a more impressive discography than all but 3 or 4 UK Hardcore artists.

He has like 14 albums out and Blood, Sweat & Makina 2 is coming out very soon too at C86. Been around since like 2001 too.

But as a foot note, I'd like to add that Samination can **** himself :)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
M-Project

M-Project up and coming?

lol the ignorance of some of these djs/producers!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
In fairness M-Project has a more impressive discography than all but 3 or 4 UK Hardcore artists.

He has like 14 albums out and Blood, Sweat & Makina 2 is coming out very soon too at C86. Been around since like 2001 too.

In fairness, you're not an established UK Artist yet :P Also didnt you hate being called a UK Hardcore artist?
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
In fairness M-Project has a more impressive discography than all but 3 or 4 UK Hardcore artists.

In fairness, you're not an established UK Artist yet :P Also didnt you hate being called a UK Hardcore artist?

I've never claimed to be and I've never tried to be. I don't produce music in an attempt at being successful. I just don't like the ignorance and disrespect in your comment with regards to Sc@r.. but we can expect nothing less from you 👌
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've never claimed to be and I've never tried to be. I don't produce music in an attempt at being successful. I just don't like the ignorance and disrespect in your comment with regards to Sc@r.. but we can expect nothing less from you ��

what exactly did we miss that Semenation edited and originally got you riled up about? Can't just be comparing her to Breeze.
Samination I only edited to add the artists latin, but then I've gotten olly riled up for less :P

And no, I dont exactly have a beef with scar, but i stand still by what i wrote.
Elipton
quote:
I only edited to add the artists latin, but then I've gotten olly riled up for less :P

And no, I dont exactly have a beef with scar, but i stand still by what i wrote.

You can't stand by that, she's not even British! xD
Samination
quote:
quote:
I only edited to add the artists latin, but then I've gotten olly riled up for less :P

She started her carrier in UK no? and I know she's from Australia :P
Claxton Racist!
djDMS Keyes
X-treme
Outforce
Rescue
Enemy
Klubfiller
Breeze
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:

Carrier?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Keyes
X-treme
Outforce
Rescue
Enemy
Klubfiller
Breeze

djDMS Thought i had set that picture to private.
Claxton
Mickey Init Fracus & Darwin, as always.

But I'm liking the IYF & Roxie stuff so far.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Carrier?

I blame swedish, because we write it as "karriär" :P
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Carrier?

I blame swedish, because we write it as "karri?r" :P

Karri?r bag?
Mickey Init Forgot to mention Stu Infinity, too. He's been responsible for some really decent stuff.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Forgot to mention Stu Infinity, too. He's been responsible for some really decent stuff.

Top, top producer.

Karthy Hard one for me, not really been blown away by much recently. I have heard good things coming from Sc@r however. Technikore's still up there for me too and Gammer can knock out a good track every now and then.

Other than that nothings really caught my eye, but then again I don't have a massive amount of free time anymore to dedicate to finding & listening to music
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
Other than that nothings really caught my eye, but then again I don't have a massive amount of free time anymore to dedicate to finding & listening to music

It's unfortunate that you have to dig hard to find real hardcore these days. :(
Chris Core gisbo, s3rl, al storm
lurker Technikore, Rhythmics, no one else
JustIncredible Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but I haven't listened to a hardcore album for about 2 years or so (probably more), and didn't keep up with the news so I'm out of the loop.

Reading this thread it's good to see some artists returning and doing well, and a few new faces too!

My question is, what album(s) should I look to for getting up to speed?
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible:
Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but I haven't listened to a hardcore album for about 2 years or so (probably more), and didn't keep up with the news so I'm out of the loop.

Reading this thread it's good to see some artists returning and doing well, and a few new faces too!

www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk has everything you need. Seriously
CDJay Yeah, you picked a pretty good time to resurface. We've released as many albums in a year as we have in the previous 7

On the "absolutely must own" tip I'd say Brisk's artist album is pretty danged seminal and you can feel the (literally) years of work towards it.

We're also re-releasing "Filth And Dumb Hatred" through mainstream vendors next Monday; that's one of the better examples of modern production that doesn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. It's actually on rotation at a pub near me, so it's not overly disconcerting out of genre either. Well, last track aside.

We should have a new podcast going up in the next week or so, that'll be a good way to get up to speed. Previous ones can be found here, along with clips from albums etc: https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground

CDJay
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible:
Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but I haven't listened to a hardcore album for about 2 years or so (probably more), and didn't keep up with the news so I'm out of the loop.

http://projectbadass.bigcartel.com/product/project-badass-volume-one" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
http://projectbadass.bigcartel.com/product/project-badass-volume-one

Smoogie me
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
not me

From someone who actually plays up to date music, Justin, wouldn't it be maybe to listen to people's mixes? I dont remember what you like but some of us actually to play various styles in one set. I would say that would be a good way to scope how hardcore has changed for the past 2 years

[/shamelesspromotion]
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
not me

From someone who actually plays up to date music, Justin, wouldn't it be maybe to listen to people's mixes? I dont remember what you like but some of us actually to play various styles in one set. I would say that would be a good way to scope how hardcore has changed for the past 2 years

[/shamelesspromotion]

who is Justin?
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:
not me

[/shamelesspromotion]

who is Justin?

JustIncredible?

It took 2.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page