Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Scott Brown - Promise HARDCORE HARDSTYLE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
rafferty Has anyone else heard this track? I am a big fan of all the new Hardstyle with gabber influenced kicks at the moment.
Promise is an amazing Hardcore tune.
I never understood why nobody had used a Hardstyle kick in a Hardcore track. Scott Brown has just proved how well it can work.
Hopefully there is a lot more stuff produced like this, would really get a rave moving I am sure.
What do you guys think of Hardstyle kicks in UK Hardcore?
wong got a link pal?
DJSquare https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsH1UEV0NQU
wong thanks . love it :-)

you may like this

https://soundcloud.com/eufeion/eufeion-raver-groovin
versia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smtYToZYDsw
Mortis He's not the first to try it but I think his tune is probably the best one. The problem I have with the hardstyle kick at a higher bpm is that it looses it's weight. If someone can find a way to keep the weight then it would be amazing. I've been saying for long time that I'd love more people to try hardstyle.
Bad Corey Eufeion & Patch did this in their song Power Shock. It's powerstomp for the intro and outro, then 170 bpm hardstyle for the middle.

http://youtu.be/JLryRAzjx3c
Claxton Also Eufeion's Powerstomp mix of Ravers Groovin had a hardstyle kick in.

I played 'Promise' in my set at Stomp! the other week. Love it!!
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Also Eufeion's Powerstomp mix of Ravers Groovin had a hardstyle kick in.

Read up ;-)
rafferty Yeah other producers have experimented with it, but Scott Brown seems to be the one that has really gone all out and made it work really well.
Is funny how Hardstyle sounds more Hardcore than most UK stuff these days. A lot of UK Hardcore just sounds like NRG but faster.
Samination Al Storm and Darren Styles alos tried this a few years ago if Im not misstaken.

edit: Sorry, the track I thought Darren Styles made was just a kind of revers bass track
Claxton Darren Styles and Gammer - You and I (Da Tweekaz 170 BPM Remix )

Mortis
quote:
Darren Styles and Gammer - You and I (Da Tweekaz 170 BPM Remix )

I like this track. It's really well produced (as are all of Da Tweekaz tracks), sounds really nice at that speed too. Shame the lyrics are so shit.
wong
quote:

that one just doesn't sound right to me , dunno why.
Elliott This Scott Brown track is huge and I'm not even that big on him these days. That'll be an immediate purchase from me.

So much of the hardstyle I've heard sounds just like proper UK hardcore (i.e. huge supersaw riffs) with different drums at a slower tempo, A lot of it was more euphoric than recent hardcore. Basically, they're doing it right and I would be in no way upset by more hardcore tracks in this style.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:

that one just doesn't sound right to me , dunno why.

Sounds like real hardcore to me. That remix is awesome!!
Bad Corey
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
This Scott Brown track is huge and I'm not even that big on him these days. That'll be an immediate purchase from me.

So much of the hardstyle I've heard sounds just like proper UK hardcore (i.e. huge supersaw riffs) with different drums at a slower tempo, A lot of it was more euphoric than recent hardcore. Basically, they're doing it right and I would be in no way upset by more hardcore tracks in this style.

That's what I've always thought, like "hardstyle producers are SO GOOD at writing huge riffs, they should write hardcore sometimes", and then it turns out a good handful are former hardcore producers which would totally explain it lol.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
This Scott Brown track is huge and I'm not even that big on him these days. That'll be an immediate purchase from me.

That's what I've always thought, like "hardstyle producers are SO GOOD at writing huge riffs, they should write hardcore sometimes", and then it turns out a good handful are former hardcore producers which would totally explain it lol.

I've got to agree with both of you there. Hardstyle has some very talented producers at the moment.
Audio Warfare I've never really liked the Hardstyle kicks that change pitch, Jumpstyle gash IMO. Give me an oldskool reverse bass Hardstyle sound or just stick to a filthy Gabber kick.
Craigavon raver
quote:

Don't know what to make of this remix, don't like the original at all, remember the first time i heard it on hardcore heaven summer madness and thinking "wtf!" but i actually kind of like the vocal in this for some reason, catchy
Claxton Marc Smith joining in

versia
quote:
Marc Smith joining in

that 'hardstyle kick' is terrible!
Mortis Not Marcs best work by a long way.
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
quote:
Marc Smith joining in

that 'hardstyle kick' is terrible!

It's poor isn't it? Which is a shame because I really like the track.
_Jay_
Promise is a sweet tune.

quote:

Really like that!

Claxton Wait until you all hear Fracus & Darwin's new hardstyle track!! It is brilliant!!

They closed their sets with it at both HTID last week and Rebuild music this week!!
djDMS Ooh!
Guest hardstyle is 70% dead, to what it used to be, so there is a whole world of 155/160 bpm hardcore

even uk hardcore`s so scary angerfist has a track

the hardcore side of it does`nt need the same lead for 60 minutes
scottyd2k9 The difference between Promise and other hardstyle tracks is...
Promise has a more jumpy / happy riff to it were hardstyle is more darker and dirty..

It's the same with this track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbzu04tUu-c
Dj Shimamura - Match 2 Match

Notice though how they sound almost identical.

Actually just listened to it again and it basically is the same track :d
Guest you should`nt pay attention to london

every hardstyle track has a lead like

the rest is like

wong
quote:
Wait until you all hear Fracus & Darwin's new hardstyle track!! It is brilliant!!

They closed their sets with it at both HTID last week and Rebuild music this week!!

at hardcore speed? or 150?
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:
Wait until you all hear Fracus & Darwin's new hardstyle track!! It is brilliant!!

at hardcore speed? or 150?

Hardcore speed. It's like Fracus & Darwin but with a huge pitched kick drum.
wong interesting, thanks
d2kx I actually still listen to Scott Brown - Promise a lot. I love this happy hardstyle core-ish style :D Same as Darren Styles & Re-Con & Whizzkid - Jump Up or the Da Tweekaz remix of Darren Styles & Re-Con & Matthew Steeper - Rest Of Your Life.

Really, really interested in that Fracus & Darwin track aswell.
Thumpa Listen out for 'Bass Power' by Little Fella, its the last tune in my HU podcast mix and its fat!
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Listen out for 'Bass Power' by Little Fella, its the last tune in my HU podcast mix and its fat!

love his work
A.B I did this with K-Wire a while back too...got a Hardstyle mid-section:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saIHrm9doHo

Due out on the 20th!
Claxton The track I'm talking about is the last tune on this video :D

https://www.facebook.com/FracusandDarwin/videos/666429426818018/?fref=nf
latininxtc
quote:
The track I'm talking about is the last tune on this video :D

ooh that sounded badass! and the transition of style was really fluid, which I loved. No need for a massive buildup just let it happen!

And who is that slut @ 1:18? ;)

Oh and cannot get over Darwin wearing shades haha. Sorry Nick, but I can't help but think of this when I saw that.

brenergy
quote:
The track I'm talking about is the last tune on this video :D

and what a tune it is... absolutely delicious one :V

(and if you excuse me, i gotta get into my studio and get a[nother] piece of this Hardstylecore action xD)

Guest you would really just be making a "gabba" track with uk hardcore twinkles and bells

so like, "gabba" runs with whatever festival is cominng around, so when this 2015 comes around, there will be more of that in the shops

then only 10 to 20 tunes for the rest of the year
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
you would really just be making a "gabba" track with uk hardcore twinkles and bells

so like, "gabba" runs with whatever festival is cominng around, so when this 2015 comes around, there will be more of that in the shops

then only 10 to 20 tunes for the rest of the year

I have no clue wtf you are going on about, but look at that video! How come I've never heard of Harmony Of Hardcore before?

And I cannot understand how a company, or an employee of one, that throws UK hardcore events can look at these videos and not say "We've got to do one of these!" If there is any event that would be capable of bringing harmony and peace to the industry it's an event like this.
Guest because harmony of hardcore is "gabba", just like 15 orther festivals around europe that are 100% nothing todo with uk hardcore or any of its dj`s or producers, and most ditched industrial and terror in 2007

hardstyle is still just hardstyle, the harder sound of hardstyle was originally "gabba mainstream" and still is
rafferty To me UK Hardcore has embraced Hard Dance too much. If you want you want to live up to the name Hardcore, sound like it instead of using only soft embarassing Hard Dance kicks.

You just look at how far ahead Hardstyle has risen above Hard Dance in popularity and that pretty much tells you which direction UK Hardcore should go in.

It took 2.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page