Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Claxton Live @ Stomp! 01-08-14

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Claxton WOW!! What a night Stomp! was on Friday from beginning to end. One of the best raves I've been too in a long long time.

Here is a recording of my set featuring MCs MRC & XTC. I tried to blend classics into more upfront tracks to keep the dancefoor moving. Enjoy! ANY feedback in welcomed!!

https://soundcloud.com/claxton/claxton-live-stomp-01-08-14

Tracklist:
1. Eclipse - 24/7 (Breeze & Styles Remix)
2. CLSM - Free Your Mind (Sy & Unknown Remix)
3. D:Code - My Direction (Squad-E Remix)
4. Dougal & Chris Fear - Bring Back The Rave
5. Scott Brown - Promise
6. Scott Brown, Al Storm & Euphony feat. Danielle - Spinning Around
7. Fracus & Darwin - Free From Form
8. Jd-KiD & Kimet - Be Here With You
9. Helikaon & Erik de Grijze feat Ephexis - Exploder
10.Dougal & Gammer - Brainstorm
11.Discotronic - Tricky Disco (Squad-E Remix)
12.Breeze & Styles - The Beat Kicks (Gammer Remix)
13.Dougal & Gammer - Fires In The Sky (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
14.Fracus - All Night
15.Ron Reeser & Tall Sasha Feat. Elle Vee - Indigo Sky (Scott Brown Remix)
16.Dougal & Gammer feat. Jenna - When I Close My Eyes
17.Rhythmics - Siren
18.Fracus & Darwin feat. Poison Rain - About To Fly
19.RedMoon Feat. Meron Ryan - Never Let Go (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
20.Nu Foundation feat. Fran - Take Me Over
21.Brisk & Darwin - Every Time ('90s Revival Mix)
22.Darren Styles - Satellite (Update)

Mortis That's an amazing mixing style you've got.
_Jay_

What a fcuking set.

_Jay_

Ben, you should send this set off to other promoters and try and get some more bookings mate. Can definitely see you getting solid bookings at small and medium-sized raves over the next 12 months and beyond.

You play extremely crowd-friendly sets without cheaply packing them with overplayed classics. Loved hearing My Direction last week. I heard it and thought "That's My Direction" but then I thought "Nah, no one's played that at a rave in years". But then, yes, it was indeed My Direction.

It's little touches like that within your track selection that makes the difference. It's a glorious luxury to have when you don't have to worry about packing your set out with your own productions.

Darts Agreed, Jay!

Fantastic set. Well deserved of the praise it got on the night, and afterwards too.
Claxton Thank you very much everyone :D I'm over the moon with the feedback I've had about this set.

Jay, I would love to get my name out there and get more bookings. I just feel that the lack of events locally to me holds me back slightly. I always feel cheeky sending a demo to someone without attending their event. That's also why I try and do the artwork printed onto the CD's to help me stand out from others.

Most of the events I attend outside of the north are the big ones which obviously I don't have a chance of being booked at.

Recently I think I'm meeting more people from the 'scene' and building my contacts which will only help. I guess I just keep doing what I'm doing and hand out demos where ever I go and I'm sure opportunities will arise.

I agree Jay, I think a DJ who doesn't produce has the shackles completely off. Although I would like to get back into production again.
Claxton Bump!!
Ken Masters Nice, will give this a blast on the way home from work :)

One day I will make a Stomp!
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
Nice, will give this a blast on the way home from work :)

One day I will make a Stomp!

I hope you enjoy it :)

Yes, you should. It's such a brilliant event!
Claxton up!!
CDJay Claxton got a booking, in Kettering, off the back of this mix. Well, that and demonstrable taste.

That is all.

CDJay
djDMS Great DJ in booking shocker!

The world's gone mad, mad i tell ya!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Claxton got a booking, in Kettering, off the back of this mix.

Gutted to be missing it! Especially gutted to miss Ben play his debut HU set. Can you make sure it's recorded, please?

djDMS Why you not going Mr Jay?
_Jay_

It's Big Matty's wedding the next day and as much as I have faith in my ability to plough through into two, three of four days of drinking in most circumstances - I want to be fresh for his big day. :-)

djDMS Understand that mate, even you have limits ;-)
Claxton The Crazy Dutchman has reviewed this mix and has some very kind words to say indeed.

Check it out here: http://www.thecrazydutchmansblog.nl/wp/livesets-reviews/claxton-live-stomp-going-wild-01-08-14-with-mc-mrc-xtc/
djDMS I challenge anybody to criticise this set!
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I challenge anybody to criticise this set!

It's shit!
djDMS There's always one hater!

Well i can't stop listening to it!

_Jay_

Claxton definately knows what to play, to please the crowd!

Why haven?t I heard of Claxton before? This man knows his tunes, and has created the ultimate tracklist!

He's not wrong, is he! Amazing exposure Ben. Proper chuffed for ya man. You owe Dave a beer or two, as well!

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page