Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Clubland X-Treme Hardcore: 10

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
toml123 Was announced for April/May release.... Were at the end of May yet no release.... No news... No info on the delay...What is happening?
The drunken scotsman Definitely happening but it's going to be a 'Best of' album, so no new material. Also the last one of the series. Not sure when it will be released.
toml123 i dont think the whole album will be a "best of" because it only takes two minutes to compile 60 songs from a libary onto a cd... so it wouldnt have such a delay... hopefully itl be 2 cds of new songs, then the 3rd cd the "best of" that would make more sence, lets remember, AATW bring a new "clubland classics" and similar libary cds out every couple of months, so if this was a libary compilation, it would of been out january.
The drunken scotsman They already done a best of cd with number 7 I think. This is going to be a whole compilation of 'best of' CDs. I'm assuming a mix each from styles breeze and hixxy, showcasing the best tracks that appeared on their mixes over the years.
d2kx
quote:
Originally posted by toml123:
i dont think the whole album will be a "best of" because it only takes two minutes to compile 60 songs from a libary onto a cd... so it wouldnt have such a delay... hopefully itl be 2 cds of new songs, then the 3rd cd the "best of" that would make more sence, lets remember, AATW bring a new "clubland classics" and similar libary cds out every couple of months, so if this was a libary compilation, it would of been out january.

The release date does not really depend on the work for an album series like this (think business - when does it make the most sense for them to release etc.).

Basicly, what The_drunken_scotsman said.
don_simon3000
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
They already done a best of cd with number 7 I think.

yep 7 contains a best of hardcore cd. one of my favorites. very well done.
Elliott I'm in no hurry to get hold of an album full of tracks I've probably already got unmixed.

Maybe if they had Gammer mixing every disc, it would be a more attractive prospect but they don't.
Gazcore New member here!!

I agree with what's been said here already, a greatest hits send off album is just pretty pointless to me unless you've been on the moon for a decade and just come back then maybe...
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Gazcore:
New member here!!

I agree with what's been said here already, a greatest hits send off album is just pretty pointless to me unless you've been on the moon for a decade and just come back then maybe...

Welcome! :)
Craigavon raver I might be just tempted to buy it if it is a best of cd, if not I won't even contemplate buying it
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
I'm in no hurry to get hold of an album full of tracks I've probably already got unmixed.

Maybe if they had Gammer mixing every disc, it would be a more attractive prospect but they don't.

Yeah have to agree with you there man. Why buy an Album of tracks everyone has and has heard millions of times.
Stick to the new stuff.

Maybe

CD1 STYLES, HIXXY & RECON

CD2 MOB, EUFEION & ALEX PROSPECT

CD3 DOWSTER, VAGABOND & BEN AV-IT

Nearly everyone else seems contracted to Hardcore Underground with recent mix Cds and Albums lol
djDMS They'll be shitting themselves now HU is building such a strong catalogue of albums.

Just release the damn thing or cancel it. When was the launch party, april or something?
rafferty Yeah the Launch party was a little while back. Think ravers all now realise which label cares about the scene and which is purely about profit with making best of Compilations.
Seems like there would be no new mix albums if it was not for HU and Clubland.
Chris Core another album launch part for this one...think it looks like october release...http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Manchester/Bowlers-Exhibition-Centre/Totally-Lost-It---Best-of-Clubland-X-treme-Hardcore-Anthems/12222521/venue.html#contentjump
ConnerIntenzifi I'm also doing the Scotland launch in November so could be anytime lol
Chris Core agh right lol...might try and go to this one in manchester...right near my bday....aatw need to pull their finger out and tell us when it's getting released though!
latininxtc I think they're gonna be releasing this in the fall or around Christmas time.
rafferty I am starting to think this project has been canned.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
I am starting to think this project has been canned.

Oh, no.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
I am starting to think this project has finally been canned.

Oh, YES.

Fixed that for both of you
rafferty Is very strange, Breeze even said he was working on the mix for CXH10. Either way, would be interesting to find out if it is all over for Clublands Hardcore releases.
Acey Wasn't THAT keen on CXH9..

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE CXH and have done for years.. and Darren Styles, Breeze, Hixxy, Gammer Re-Con etc.. are all bloody fantastic.

Of course compilation '(series's?) may gradually start evolving into something new on some level..
But I personally felt it was quite drum & bassy & dubsteppy.. (Which I don't really like anyway) mainly on Breeze's mix. Was disappointed so badly.

I then began reading on the official facebook page of the album that many, many people felt the exacty same way. Styles did say on an video that he felt it's gone as far as it can and wanted to grow it. But I paid for hardcore, NOT wub wub wubstep.

Most the albums were out in December time, so hopefully the new album will be out in the next couple months.

Cheers!

Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Acey:
Wasn't THAT keen on CXH9..

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE CXH and have done for years.. and Darren Styles, Breeze, Hixxy, Gammer Re-Con etc.. are all bloody fantastic.

Of course compilation '(series's?) may gradually start evolving into something new on some level..
But I personally felt it was quite drum & bassy & dubsteppy.. (Which I don't really like anyway) mainly on Breeze's mix. Was disappointed so badly.

I then began reading on the official facebook page of the album that many, many people felt the exacty same way. Styles did say on an video that he felt it's gone as far as it can and wanted to grow it. But I paid for hardcore, NOT wub wub wubstep.

Most the albums were out in December time, so hopefully the new album will be out in the next couple months.

Cheers!

Don't worry bro. No-one here particularly cared for CXH9, I don't think.

The correct order is 4, 1, 2, 5, 6, 3, 7, 8, 9. If anyone disagrees, they're wrong.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

Cheers!

The correct order is 4, 1, 2, 5, 6, 3, 7, 8, 9. If anyone disagrees, they're wrong.

Nope WRONG again! The correct order is 2, 1, 4, and the rest of the shit I don't care what order it's in.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:

Cheers!

Nope WRONG again! The correct order is 2, 1, 4, and the rest of the shit I don't care what order it's in.

That is controversial, my friend!

Edit: But you know the right top 3. That much is indisputable fact.
oxis dont have any of the first few clubland albums in their entirety but i previewed a few at a video store once and Don't Stop Go from 4 is pretty wicked there was also another track that I really liked from the first one but i cant recall its name. i think it was one of the last tracks in one of the cds, sounded dark and had an interesting bassline that sounded a bit bitcrushed. not that big of a fan of the more recent editions but any release is better than nothing i guess.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by oxis:
Don't Stop Go from 4 is pretty wicked

Great tune that!
The drunken scotsman
quote:
dont have any of the first few clubland albums in their entirety but i previewed a few at a video store once and Don't Stop Go from 4 is pretty wicked there was also another track that I really liked from the first one but i cant recall its name. i think it was one of the last tracks in one of the cds, sounded dark and had an interesting bassline that sounded a bit bitcrushed. not that big of a fan of the more recent editions but any release is better than nothing i guess.

I'd highly recommend buying volumes 1-4 on Amazon or something. They represent a golden era in hardcore. A time when there were almost too many good tunes and the number of compilation CDs reflected this. For me there's been a steady decline ever since, times have changed and so has the music but I can always listen back to these CDs and raise a smile.
Think the tune you're thinking of is Dark Monks - Insane (Re-Con remix). I'd post a clip but I'm on my phone. Excellent tune.
oxis
quote:
I'd highly recommend buying volumes 1-4 on Amazon or something. They represent a golden era in hardcore. A time when there were almost too many good tunes and the number of compilation CDs reflected this. For me there's been a steady decline ever since, times have changed and so has the music but I can always listen back to these CDs and raise a smile.
Think the tune you're thinking of is Dark Monks - Insane (Re-Con remix). I'd post a clip but I'm on my phone. Excellent tune.

wow, thanks. you people are incredible at identifying tunes.
i would get those albums but unfortunately my funds are pretty limited, as i dont hold a job and the only money i earn for buying releases is from selling videogame currency x) but thanks for the recommendation, i might check out the track lists and look up some of them on youtube
Elliott
quote:
quote:

wow, thanks. you people are incredible at identifying tunes.
i would get those albums but unfortunately my funds are pretty limited, as i dont hold a job and the only money i earn for buying releases is from selling videogame currency x) but thanks for the recommendation, i might check out the track lists and look up some of them on youtube

If you really can't afford them, just pirate them mate. CXH 1-4 are no longer sold as far as I know so no-one's losing any money!

Edit: If you can't find them, PM me and I'll sort you out. I have them all in FLACs that I ripped from the discs myself.
Captain Triceps
quote:

If you really can't afford them, just pirate them mate. CXH 1-4 are no longer sold as far as I know so no-one's losing any money!

Edit: If you can't find them, PM me and I'll sort you out. I have them all in FLACs that I ripped from the discs myself.

You're gonna find yourself on the naughty step, sunbeam!
Elliott
quote:
quote:

As long as this is a no spanking household, I think I'll be fine.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually you can be banned here for actively filesharing in public chat.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh dear. Well, if it happens, it happens! I'll be out of here for good.

Surely no-one morally disagrees with me here?

Silver/mods: My bad. I will help him off-site if he wants me to. Hell, if he PMs me his address, I'll just send him my physical copies. Just the discs though or the postage would cost me a bomb!
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Silver/mods: My bad. I will help him off-site if he wants me to. Hell, if he PMs me his address, I'll just send him my physical copies. Just the discs though or the postage would cost me a bomb!

what goes on in PMs is between you and the person you're PMing that's not what will get you in trouble. It's just asking for files on the forums and sharing them on the forums that is an issue. So no links or requests for links on where to download stuff that is available for purchase. Even if it's a hard-to-find limited run like the Rebuild albums is not well received here on the forums.
Samination
quote:
what goes on in PMs is between you and the person you're PMing that's not what will get you in trouble. It's just asking for files on the forums and sharing them on the forums that is an issue. So no links or requests for links on where to download stuff that is available for purchase. Even if it's a hard-to-find limited run like the Rebuild albums is not well received here on the forums.

Just being swedish is enough for thumpa to go mad at one :P
CDJay I think its great that people haven't worked out that our ability to license is the issue.

The problem with Clubland, even during the glory years, is that the Club wouldn't allow heresy. IE us. Check the HU representation over five years. I maintain everyone loses, and is still doing so.

It's a shame it takes a total collapse for reason to intrude.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I think its great that people haven't worked out that our ability to license is the issue.

The problem with Clubland, even during the glory years, is that the Club wouldn't allow heresy. IE us. Check the HU representation over five years. I maintain everyone loses, and is still doing so.

It's a shame it takes a total collapse for reason to intrude.

CDJay

Imagine if you had Breeze do an Album for the HU label, they would have killed off the series at 9.
djDMS What's the point of keeping all your eggs in one basket when one slip means you can lose them all?
Or just as bad, you hold on to the eggs for so long they go off!

HTID were close to being finished because of a combination of mistakes and lack of flexibility. Plenty more might go the same way if nothing changes
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough. Thanks mate.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't disagree at all. Whilst i do disagree with file sharing generally speaking, I don't see the problem if we're talking old compilation CDs, it's not like the artists are getting bumped out of money.
While we're on topic, what are people's views on downloading of older tracks which were never officially released. For example I recently seen the full unmixed version of Dougal and Gammers my direction remix available for free download online.

djDMS My opinion -

If I'm not meant to have it, I don't.

There is a pretty long list of stuff I want that was never released but is 'available' but I still don't download it. Call me old fashioned...

I also don't agree with the 'i spend loads on music anyway so why shouldn't I download stuff' argument. I spend a decent amount on albums/downloads, doesn't mean I can help myself to extras!
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
My opinion -

There is a pretty long list of stuff I want that was never released but is 'available' but I still don't download it. Call me old fashioned...

I also don't agree with the 'i spend loads on music anyway so why shouldn't I download stuff' argument. I spend a decent amount on albums/downloads, doesn't mean I can help myself to extras!

Fair enough. That's far too absolutist for my liking though.

If a guy has no money and no-one is actually losing money if he pirates something, I think it's totally acceptable (at least morally). He gains the happiness derived from good music and no-one loses anything so the net effect is positive.

I agree with you completely on the last point.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
My opinion -

Fair dos. I can't really see too much of a problem with it though. Chances are that track will never be officially released seeing as it's about 8 years old, so nobody is losing out on money... And that's the only reason why I'm against file sharing in a broad sense.
I do wonder how this track, and any others, found its way to the Internet though. People who were trusted enough by the DJ's in the scene?
djDMS
quote:
quote:
My opinion -

Fair enough. That's far too absolutist for my liking though.

If a guy has no money and no-one is actually losing money if he pirates something, I think it's totally acceptable (at least morally). He gains the happiness derived from good music and no-one loses anything so the net effect is positive.

I agree with you completely on the last point.

Just one persons opinion though. It's just how I am, can understand what you mean though.

Acey I seem to have started a 'hardcore' debate. *Slaps knee*

But yeah, you're all right, the first few albums obviously the best!

For me personally I thought after around 6, that's when you noticed a change..
Elliott
quote:
I seem to have started a 'hardcore' debate. *Slaps knee*

But yeah, you're all right, the first few albums obviously the best!

For me personally I thought after around 6, that's when you noticed a change..

I agree. I would gladly sit down and listen to to the entirety of any CXH album between 1 and 6, possibly 7 too, but after that it's a no-go.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cheers!

That is controversial, my friend!

Edit: But you know the right top 3. That much is indisputable fact.

let me change it around the top 3 is DEFINITELY #2, #4 and then #1. #2 perfected the series and added what was missing from the first.#4 righted all that was wrong with the 3rd one and brought the series back to what we all wanted from it. And #1 because it was the first and showed the series a lot of promise.
The drunken scotsman I thought 3 was up there as well - Hixxys mix especially. At the time it wasn't as great as the two before (or the one after) it, but with the benefit of hindsight looking back it was actually really good in comparison with what lay ahead. Certainly worthy of 4th place in my estimation.
Volume 2 was my favourite purely because of the excellent Darren Styles cd. I didn't really pay much attention to the other two mixes bar the odd tune.
skankineddie666
quote:
I thought 3 was up there as well - Hixxys mix especially. At the time it wasn't as great as the two before (or the one after) it, but with the benefit of hindsight looking back it was actually really good in comparison with what lay ahead. Certainly worthy of 4th place in my estimation.
Volume 2 was my favourite purely because of the excellent Darren Styles cd. I didn't really pay much attention to the other two mixes bar the odd tune.

I agree on 3. Hixxys mix was pretty good and had awesome tracks.

Freaks by hixxy, sy & unknown is on my top 3 tracks that wish would get release. Such an amazing tune!

The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by skankineddie666:
quote:
I thought 3 was up there as well - Hixxys mix especially. At the time it wasn't as great as the two before (or the one after) it, but with the benefit of hindsight looking back it was actually really good in comparison with what lay ahead. Certainly worthy of 4th place in my estimation.

I agree on 3. Hixxys mix was pretty good and had awesome tracks.

Freaks by hixxy, sy & unknown is on my top 3 tracks that wish would get release. Such an amazing tune!

Not forgetting the awesome and also unreleased 'take me with you' by hixxy.

ConnerIntenzifi Take me with you is a belter. I asked hixxy a while back about it he said it was going to be a free download but that's never materialised. I'm doing the tour event in Glasgow in 3 week's so will chin them all on whats happening with the last installment.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:
Take me with you is a belter. I asked hixxy a while back about it he said it was going to be a free download but that's never materialised. I'm doing the tour event in Glasgow in 3 week's so will chin them all on whats happening with the last installment.

I think hixxy just says the first thing that comes to his head when he's asked about releases of his tunes. I'll volunteer myself to suck off a hobo if he ever puts take me with you up for free download.
Do you have a link to flyer for that event by the way?
Mickey Init CLXHs 1-6 mostly featured >3 minute tunes so the mixes were smoother and, in turn, the albums showcased the music of the time better.

7-9 had much shorter tracks and so the mixes (ironically) were pretty pants.
ConnerIntenzifi Aye a think your right a have chinned him several times to his face about stuff & always get the answer you want that never ever happens haha

Janster
quote:

I just want to say that I loved CXH9 and 7 is my favourite.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Janster:
quote:

I just want to say that I loved CXH9 and 7 is my favourite.

Fair enough. To each their own!

I don't think 7 was a bad album at all. In fact, I liked a lot of tracks on there. It was the last CXH to represent the sound of hardcore I really enjoy.
djDMS Still not looking great for a release this is it?

trippnface
quote:
Still not looking great for a release this is it?

what does dj breeze even do right now? ....anything?
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

He's actually quite active at the moment, especially in comparison with Hixxy for example. What were you expecting him to be doing?
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:

He's actually quite active at the moment, especially in comparison with Hixxy for example. What were you expecting him to be doing?

running a proper label?
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

running a proper label?

Futureworld has been a joke in the latter half of 2014 I agree. Don't see what this has to do with CLXH10 though.
latininxtc I think 'Running a label properly' is a better way to say it.

And they are unrelated, as the CXH series is run by AATW and NOT Breeze. The only issues I see that is really delaying the album that could be on Breeze's end is the licensing of all the tracks for the album, since the last album is gonna be a Best Of album, and the majority of the tracks are from now-defunct labels that Futureworld might have fully absorbed.
_Jay_
quote:
and the majority of the tracks are from now-defunct labels that Futureworld might have fully absorbed.

Was still never really qualified by anyone, was it, that all of those labels are officially dead. I mean, they probably are - but not a single individual label-head came out and said it (which I found weird from the get-go).

djDMS No, but the appearance of TWR instead of the return of Essential platinum must mean something
Captain Triceps
quote:
No, but the appearance of TWR instead of the return of Essential platinum must mean something

Probably to do with a 'fresh start' or something. Also Gammer probably wants to be in charge of things, and Essential Platinum was Dougal's baby.
I don't see Essential Platinum making a return any time soon, unless it's relaunched (again).
djDMS New (er) Essential platinum? Newest Essential platinum? Newer than any of the old ones Essential platinum?
Captain Triceps
quote:
New (er) Essential platinum? Newest Essential platinum? Newer than any of the old ones Essential platinum?

Essentialler Platinum.
don_simon3000 any news on this? or is it officially dead?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by don_simon3000:
any news on this? or is it officially dead?

Yeah, can't see Essential Platinum coming back still mate.
don_simon3000 suckz balls :(

It took 2.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page