Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Fracus & Darwin appreciation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Vladel Ok i know i have not been kind to these guys despite their hard work and i realised how much of their work the last couple of years i have quite enjoyed. So for a change i decided to list the tracks they have made as a collab that have hit the mark for me recently.

-It started with found a groove. When the second album was released i gave it a miss and when it finally got a digital release on trackitdown, i discovered found a groove which i couldn't immediately explain why i liked so much but a couple of years on it's still a great track and i still have no idea why.
-2012 also brought don't let go of love which again is a bit of an enigma for me, i don't like the opening but after 30 seconds it started to make sense. It's a nice easy going vocal tune that i find hard to skip.
-2013 was when it really happened for me with coming back to me which is catchy as hell and also the point where i really started to like what they were doing. HU6 was released and CDjay sent me HU ep 4 i think and i found two tracks i fell in love with being Just a ride and promises. The first i think is part due to my being a Bill Hicks fan but even then the tune is immense and promises was the subject of quite a Dj tools related hissy fit on my part. Both of those tracks make my all time top 100 which i'm quite proud of to be honest.
-This year has been a good year for them. I quite like No dark clouds from live at rehab, but the one that really hits home is Magic chords from the magic chord album that arrived today that i think i've listened to seven or so times. There has been some other stuff in between of course but the above are the main ones that have hit the spot.
Quicksilver They're simply the best. A lot of emotion and good synths and melodies in their tracks. Definitely my #1 (I do actually believe Darwin is the best, Fracus is good but not a fan of the majority of his solo stuff but he has some wicked good ones). :)
DJ SMALOUM as djs: they are really hot i love the set they play in live

as producers: FRACUS is good but not amazing but DARWIN is ****ing dangerous with his intense melodies inspired by the trance. when they work together sometimes they make very good work and sometimes less good. for me the best tracks are:FLOOR BURN,REALMS & ROGH-CUTS,A NEW DAYS COMES.
AceofSpades_Lorenzo https://soundcloud.com/chwhynny/fracus-darwin-feat-chwhynny-dont-tell-me-clip

My favorite track by them that I feel is severally overlooked :p
brenergy
quote:
Originally posted by AceofSpades_Lorenzo:
https://soundcloud.com/chwhynny/fracus-darwin-feat-chwhynny-dont-tell-me-clip

My favorite track by them that I feel is severally overlooked :p

j e s u s ! *(OwO)*

what a tune right there! just the right amount of oldskool sounds for an upfront tune, and Chwhynny is one hell of a vocalist :D
Vladel That is pretty good.
_Jay_

Top lads. Top tunes.

Mansy Awsome producers.
Awsome djs
Awsome label
awsome all round

I think awsome is the key here!
Cyrax Sick sick producers
djDMS I don't care what your clique is, nobody can deny that they're doing serious things right now.
Cyrax The merchandising potential aswell..............Fracus and Darwin toilet paper, Fracus and Darwin plush toys errr..... Fracus and Darwin advent calendars
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
The merchandising potential aswell..............Fracus and Darwin toilet paper, Fracus and Darwin plush toys errr..... Fracus and Darwin advent calendars

I can't wait for the official commemorative plate, series of pogs, and the underwear range.
Elliott The reason you like Found A Groove so much is because it's a big tune!

I love it.
CDJay If you like Found a Groove, you'll love End On A Hard Note!

CDJay
Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
If you like Found a Groove, you'll love End On A Hard Note!

CDJay

Actually, I found Found a Groove to be really good but I disliked End On A Hard Note. :P They're not similar at all!? XD
Bad Corey Saying you don't like End On A Hard Note is like saying you don't like music as a whole.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
If you like Found a Groove, you'll love End On A Hard Note!

CDJay

Actually, I found Found a Groove to be really good but I disliked End On A Hard Note. :P They're not similar at all!? XD

It was slightly more factoring of Vladels taste for big kick tracks paired with the overriding temperament of Found A Groove. Not necessarily a guide for all.

I still think you're mad, mind

CDJay
djDMS End on a hard note is ridiculously good.

But i'm old, so the Happy/Bouncy sound is always a winner for me.
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I can't wait for the official commemorative plate

I would buy this

Mickey Init "Standing In The Rain" (Point Of No Return) never seems to get a mention despite its brilliance!

There's actually quite a few hidden gems on that album.
Dys7
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
The merchandising potential aswell..............Fracus and Darwin toilet paper, Fracus and Darwin plush toys errr..... Fracus and Darwin advent calendars

I would buy all of these.

... IF I HAD ANY MONEY
rafferty Are probably the best known production duo in Hardcore apart from Dougal and Gammer.
The rest have stopped. Breeze & Styles, Brisk & Ham, Recon & Squade, Sy & Unkown seem to all be doing their own things now.
kazukism92 Best duo ever
Best tracks ever

They made my day very happy (or dirty) with their happy and uplifting tracks. *drops money*
whittle1 I can't even imagine the hardcore scene without this duo, or the hardcore underground label for that matter. The only gripe I have is that the albums they release can be a little too pricey... but I guess you have to pay for quality right?

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page