Radio listeners 162+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Happy Hardcore on Radio 1 Breakfast Show

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Elipton Nick Grimshaw randomly dropped a load of Hardcore on his Radio 1 Breakfast show. My friend directed me to this in the morning. I find it pretty hilarious tbh haha

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03nch6n/The_Radio_1_Breakfast_Show_with_Nick_Grimshaw_17_01_2014/
1:31:00 in
Elipton More at 1:39:00
wong It's all part of radio one having a 'happy week'
Simon That is quite mental, but trouble is...Nick Grimshaw makes me very, very unhappy.
latininxtc That was rather disappointing lol. Thought he was gonna play some actual tracks instead of use it in the background for, well whatever the fuck that was.
The Doc wonder how many people have googled happyhardcore fm and found this site? This could snowball if Griimy carries it on
robertybob I want someone to recreate the Adele and Justin Bieber hardcore remixes :(
Mental_Adam I haven't listened to Radio 1 properly for many years, probably since 2003/2004 time

I'm just curious if anyone knows what happy hardcore tracks were played?

As i'm not really bothered to listen to the whole thing, as i'm not to fussed about nick grimshaw
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Mental_Adam:
what happy hardcore tracks were played?

Dougal & Eruption - "Party Time"

That's pretty much it. The rest was just a few bars of beats and bass and a quick snippet of Adele on top!

johnnygomental I must say that is ace!! What a surprise that would be at 9 o'clock Friday morning on radio 1!!!! I would be bouncing my tits off round work for the whooooooooole day. Hate grimmy, love happy hardcore fm!!!
wong the bloke on before grimmy regularly has hardcore playing in the background.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
the bloke on before grimmy regularly has hardcore playing in the background.

At 6am?
wong yes. only in the background whilst he's talking and only for about 20 seconds, but still its surprising to hear
jenks I'm only in 'Ull waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
I want someone to recreate the Adele and Justin Bieber hardcore remixes :(

Also it's a free download lol: http://soundcloud.com/nocv/justin-bieber-baby-noc-v-happy-hardcore-remix
latininxtc Since we are on remixes of Adele songs, who did this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUojPKsZnA
wong may be wrong but i think its possibly brisk and joey riot ?
Mental_Adam I liked hardcore for being different to your typical top. 40 crud.

I suppose this is why i had an off period from 2008 onwards as i think there was many remixes on compilations of chart names.. mainly that clubland compilation being the main culprit.
Elipton Noc.V remixed Justin Bieber? #cringe
Sulphurik So Party Time was on Radio 1! Remember the Essential Platinum remix - was great update.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
So Party Time was on Radio 1! Remember the Essential Platinum remix - was great update.

Also available as a free download on Gammers sound cloud (I think!)
SmashingTheSirens I listened to Radio 1 this morning by chance on the way to work and they played an advert for the Happy Hardcore FM part of the show. I didn't actually hear the section where they played some tunes but it sounded pretty mocking from what I heard, and Nick Grimshaw is annoying so I'm guessing it's not to promote hardcore in anyway!
Elipton to be honest the stereotype for hardcore in the uk is well justified and deserving of mocking.. its not pretty at all.
SmashingTheSirens Haha, most probably is justified. The fact that they use "happy hardcore" too! Instead of UK tells you everything!
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
I listened to Radio 1 this morning by chance on the way to work and they played an advert for the Happy Hardcore FM part of the show. I didn't actually hear the section where they played some tunes but it sounded pretty mocking from what I heard, and Nick Grimshaw is annoying so I'm guessing it's not to promote hardcore in anyway!

They can mock it if they want. I'd much prefer to listen to it than the utter crap EDM, house whatever you want to call it you hear these days!! Some of the stuff that gets in charts is crap like Martin Garrix - Animals and Wizard. Some is hard to listen to with the high pitched risers you hear in alot of EDM genres now including some trance.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
I listened to Radio 1 this morning by chance on the way to work and they played an advert for the Happy Hardcore FM part of the show. I didn't actually hear the section where they played some tunes but it sounded pretty mocking from what I heard, and Nick Grimshaw is annoying so I'm guessing it's not to promote hardcore in anyway!

They can mock it if they want. I'd much prefer to listen to it than the utter crap EDM, house whatever you want to call it you hear these days!! Some of the stuff that gets in charts is crap like Martin Garrix - Animals and Wizard. Some is hard to listen to with the high pitched risers you hear in alot of EDM genres now including some trance.

Don't get me started on Animals. Sounds more like My First Venture Into FL Studio. Seriously though, anyone could've made that tune. If it were me, I would've thought "this sounds a bit shit" and deleted the project.
bantamlad1
quote:

I just heard their "happy hardcore FM" segment and it's definitely a total mocking. An example being Nick dimshaw was pretending to be an mc saying "it's Friday morning so that means we're all raving yeahhhh". Painful. He then played basshunter - jingle bells for about a minute and half following up with laughter and "err not for me" going on to say "the only reason we played it was.." and I stopped listening. What a moron..
GrahamC Its a real shame they are taking the piss

A while back I thought it would be a great idea if somebody from the scene approached them to get involved and used the small segment to promote some of the newer upfront stuff, maybe expand the appeal of the music.

Now we know Radio 1 is officially laughing at the scene :(
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Its a real shame they are taking the piss

A while back I thought it would be a great idea if somebody from the scene approached them to get involved and used the small segment to promote some of the newer upfront stuff, maybe expand the appeal of the music.

Now we know Radio 1 is officially laughing at the scene :(

Fuck em. It's not the worst thing that's happened to hardcore. If they get their kicks playing a track from two decades ago whilst shouting "HAVE IT!" then let them. Just sounds like they're having a bit of fun.
If anything, no one is going to stop listening to hardcore because of this - but some folk might get curious and look further and like it.
We should be more then used to being mocked and laughed at, anyway.
Hard2Get Come on. Surely no one thought that Hardcore would ever be taken seriously? It's just too abnormal for the general population. And that's great. **** the mainstream. I don't feel the need to be accepted by everyone else to enjoy what i enjoy.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Come on. Surely no one thought that Hardcore would ever be taken seriously? It's just too abnormal for the general population. And that's great. **** the mainstream. I don't feel the need to be accepted by everyone else to enjoy what i enjoy.

Exactly what I've been saying for many years
GrahamC I'm not asking or looking for conformity, but at the same time, singling out one genre for a piss take once a week... No other musical type gets it.

Worse than that though, I really think it's a lost oppertunity to try and re-grow a scene, even a tiny bit, which you would struggle to deny, is on it's arse at the moment.

Whether you want to like it or not, R1 are a massive influence, to the point that they run jingles all day every day encouraging you to trust them to tell you what to listen to. Its a massive level or arrogance!
Triquatra fair to take the piss if they were actually giving airtime to it seriously at the same time

as a license fee payer I don't really think it's very polite to only feature that style of dance music when taking the piss out of it.
Janster I heard Dougal & Gammer - Guitar Hero playing in the background while someone on BBC was talking.
The Dopeman
quote:
Originally posted by Janster:
Dougal & Gammer - Guitar Hero

no wonder they take the piss

awful...awful tune imo
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
quote:
Originally posted by Janster:
Dougal & Gammer - Guitar Hero

no wonder they take the piss

awful...awful tune imo

I love that! Technikore's remix he gave away were my favourite mix :)

It took 2.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page