Radio listeners 176+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Futureworld Winter Bass 2014

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
skankineddie666 If the first one wasn't enough ...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/futureworld-winter-bass-2014/id945716231

Seriously whats up with this??? Talk about recycling old tunes....
latininxtc Not surprised at all. Nothing new has been released from the label in 4 months. The other day I was on beatport because they had a cyber Monday special and saw that Klubfiller has been doing the exact same thing. Him and breeze are so pathetic if they think that rehashing old tunes is enough to keep their buyers satisfied.
djscavenger Whats happened to Futureworld? so much for the regular releases. Its such a shame that it absorbed good labels like essential platinum which had steady releases. This album is pretty awful especially when you compare it to Hardcore Underground albums.
versia more like Futureworld Winter Bass.
trippnface thanks for ruining some really great stuff dj breeze; to "bring" us your absolute shit interpretation of an evolution clearly nobody enjoys or was asking for. maybe now his massive ego can clearly see.. it is a failure; and was never a good idea. from a human perspective; his jealous of HU must be palpable right now. or maybe he still is confindant? lol.

i am pretty bitter and honestly hold something against him and the producers that tried to shove that SHIT down our throat. if we woulda sucked it up like halloween kandi breeze would be so full of himself and they would all be mass producing crap crap crap. good thing it was so bad; and they were so unaware ( apparently) how much of a failure it is; no matter how many hardcore "legends" you put on your team. don't think i will ever fully forgive him/them for attempting such a lame ass money grab. man up; kill it; and attempt to make real good hardcore again until everybody forgets about it .

on this note; anybody hear s3rl's most recent song? absolute dogshit. his last few tracks actually..
Bad Corey S3RL's been pretty much a let down ever since he moved to 160 bpm. He did sneak out a proper quality 175 bpm tune on Justice recently though, name of it escapes me at the moment.
The drunken scotsman This looks pretty gash just like the one before it. Re-releasing a bunch of tracks just in case anyone missed them the first time round. At least the first one had the better tracks on the label. This is like clxh8 all over again.

quote:
Originally posted by djscavenger:
Whats happened to Futureworld? so much for the regular releases. Its such a shame that it absorbed good labels like essential platinum which had steady releases. This album is pretty awful especially when you compare it to Hardcore Underground albums.

Yep they've been terrible lately and it's such a shame because they have got some amazing talent signed, who all retired their own labels to join FW with the promise of regular releases. Theres a breeze ep coming out on Monday which will be the first new release on the label since August I think. Sounds like a half decent release considering its breeze but there are so many tunes that need to be put out and it's taking ages.

Slow releases have always been an issue with hardcore since I started listening and the fact that the digital era has failed to sort it out confirms to me that the producers intentionally hold back releases. I can understand their logic to an extent as it means promoters need to book them if they want to hear these tunes live, so it's maximising their income... But it's frustrating as hell for the average fan. By the time most big tunes are released people have become bored of them.
djscavenger What I really don't get is that the digital age was supposed to solve the release problem. I remember vinyl being more regular than some digital labels. I really don't get what the problem is no other scene is a constipated with its releases like hardcore
The drunken scotsman
quote:
What I really don't get is that the digital age was supposed to solve the release problem. I remember vinyl being more regular than some digital labels. I really don't get what the problem is no other scene is a constipated with its releases like hardcore

I reckon it's because most scenes are bigger than hardcore and the producers have much more income from events and record sales. There just isn't much money in hardcore so the producers need to maximise the amount of money they can make from their productions. If they hold back releases then promoters have to book them in order to hear the latest tunes.
danielseven
quote:
What I really don't get is that the digital age was supposed to solve the release problem. I remember vinyl being more regular than some digital labels. I really don't get what the problem is no other scene is a constipated with its releases like hardcore

Have you considered the "piracy" factor, that don't even stops even when regards an album released for charity reasons?
jordesuvi Digital releases are useful in getting hardcore to more ears. For fan retention, CD's are great.
For spreading music so newer listeners aren't discouraged by having to pay full price for an album / EP just to get one track they kinda liked.
No doubt you will lose money, but it depends if you just want to keep your fan base or expand.

Also, I feel a little ripped off if I buy an album and only like some of the tracks in it. It's like paying the price of an album just for 4 songs since you're not typically going to be listening to the songs you weren't so fond of again.

Plus, CD releases don't technically stop piracy. It's lessens the chance of it, sure. But anyone can just .rar up the CD and post it on zippyshare.
Samination I dont think Piracy in hardcore isnt as big as it was before. I rarelly read about people asking or sharing it on big sites like TheUnnamedBay and KickArse.
djscavenger
quote:
Originally posted by danielseven:
quote:

Have you considered the "piracy" factor, that don't even stops even when regards an album released for charity reasons?

Piracy is a problem in all music genres, it shouldn't be a barrier to new music being released. At least Hardcore doent have the problem of streaming music on the likes of spotify where artists see very little in terms of royalties.
Mansy
quote:
Originally posted by danielseven:

It is a shame daniel that album got put up on a site for downloading esspecialy when it was for a good cause. Unfortunatly some people dont care about anything. :-e
Vladel Um ok saw this on beatport today and went through all the previews. Firstly i wouldn't expect many on here to be overly kind to this project and to be honest i was praying that there would be something good in there. I don't slag things off for the sake of it, i usually have a point to make and i desperately wanted to be positive on this one, yet armed with all the optimism in the world, i think they have given up all pretenses of any of it being hardcore. The minority is heavy dubcore ie lots of dubstep/electro elements and the only thing being hardcore would be the speed of the kick drum. I mean it's a real minority that is dubcore, the rest, well quite frankly i don't know what it is. Somewhere between drum n bass, dubstep and the sound a sphincter muscle after a bad curry.

I'm astounded to be honest because i had hoped this crap was dead but i've been proven wrong (the recent breeze ep had really given me hope).

On a side note scott brown released the bleep song which really puts the year into perspective in regard of what stuff is going around.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I don't slag things off for the sake of it

Vladel Why don't you ever comment when i'm positive about something?
Gazza1712 Firstly I agree this album is pointless and absolute shit but I've been thinking that with gammer Dougal recon and styles apparently going to be releasing all material on the together we rise label from now on maybe they wanted to split for the dubcore thing/ sound, also I can see why breeze has done this as basically the album fractures all the artists that are left on futureworld
latininxtc
quote:
Why don't you ever comment when i'm positive about something?

I have. It just rarely, if ever, happens. Plus it's not as much fun to comment as your negative moments because that's what you're probably most known for on here.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
thanks for ruining some really great stuff dj breeze; to "bring" us your absolute shit interpretation of an evolution clearly nobody enjoys or was asking for. maybe now his massive ego can clearly see.. it is a failure; and was never a good idea. from a human perspective; his jealous of HU must be palpable right now. or maybe he still is confindant? lol.

i am pretty bitter and honestly hold something against him and the producers that tried to shove that SHIT down our throat. if we woulda sucked it up like halloween kandi breeze would be so full of himself and they would all be mass producing crap crap crap. good thing it was so bad; and they were so unaware ( apparently) how much of a failure it is; no matter how many hardcore "legends" you put on your team. don't think i will ever fully forgive him/them for attempting such a lame ass money grab. man up; kill it; and attempt to make real good hardcore again until everybody forgets about it .

on this note; anybody hear s3rl's most recent song? absolute dogshit. his last few tracks actually..

Bitter is the word for you. Is pretty much the opposite when it comes to music being shoved down peoples throat. According to gits like you it is candy trance cheese core from the past or nothing.

As for nobody liking Breeze and Future World your wrong there again. 30,000 plus facebook fans for Mark Breeze says otherwise.

I went to Together we rise for nye and the new style hardcore comming out had the crowd going as mental as the older styles, so you obviously know fark all when it comes to what people want to listen to in the hardcore scene.

I am happy to say I like the new hardcore out and not ashamed to say I really like the direction Breeze is taking Future World. Is not all the same 4/4 shit from start to finish and uses alot of new sounds.

Actually Future World and Klubbed Up are pretty much the two main labels I buy from. Those two labels have most of my favourite producers too.

Just realised your an American, so you would have no clue about what goes on here in the UK scene anyway.
johnnygomental God that album sounds wank. Ive not heard stuff that bad in a long while.
Mansy
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Actually Future World and Klubbed Up are pretty much the two main labels I buy from. Those two labels have most of my favourite producers to.

Haha i bet your the only who thinks that.
djscavenger Futureworld has been a huge disappointment if you like the direction he;s taking in then I suggest you head over to drum & bass / Dubstep. 30000 likes on Facebook is worthless in the real world. I do hope TWR is successful as we seriously need more quality releases. Oh and does anyone actually still make sped up trance cheese?
trippnface
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
thanks for ruining some really great stuff dj breeze; to "bring" us your absolute shit interpretation of an evolution clearly nobody enjoys or was asking for. maybe now his massive ego can clearly see.. it is a failure; and was never a good idea. from a human perspective; his jealous of HU must be palpable right now. or maybe he still is confindant? lol.

Bitter is the word for you. Is pretty much the opposite when it comes to music being shoved down peoples throat. According to gits like you it is candy trance cheese core from the past or nothing.

As for nobody liking Breeze and Future World your wrong there again. 30,000 plus facebook fans for Mark Breeze says otherwise.

I went to Together we rise for nye and the new style hardcore comming out had the crowd going as mental as the older styles, so you obviously know fark all when it comes to what people want to listen to in the hardcore scene.

I am happy to say I like the new hardcore out and not ashamed to say I really like the direction Breeze is taking Future World. Is not all the same 4/4 shit from start to finish and uses alot of new sounds.

Actually Future World and Klubbed Up are pretty much the two main labels I buy from. Those two labels have most of my favourite producers too.

Just realised your an American, so you would have no clue about what goes on here in the UK scene anyway.

i don't support blatant commercialization of anything.
if Monsanto says they are making our food healthy; like hell i believe them.
if breeze says he is "evolving sound" ; but it sounds like commercial trash -------......
proof is in the pudding.

most of those fans of Breeze page are clearly from the styles & breeze uk hardcore days ;)
a more accurate representation would be the likes of futureworld vs HU ...
HU = dominating. and the likes of people i know of HU vs futureworld... ouch

glad you enjoy the sound though;i am not hating on what other people like.
i would just prefer more outright honesty. the sound they are pushing is very mainstream; based on what is currently popular; then give it a hardcore twist..( maybe hardcore with a mainstream twist depending on how you look at ) .just like how radio music is almost all "techno" now... imitate popular = $$$$ . all fine & good just don't sugar coat it for loyal fans who follow your known sound in an attempt to save face as they 180 and produce something entirely different lol . took breeze a good while before he was even labeling the new tracks the right genre and not just "UK hardcore" >.>
Vladel Hardcore underground, Trackmaster & lethal theory are all you need now if you want actual hardcore that isn't riddled with stuff from genres that laugh at us.
Samination
quote:

If you knew how likes worked, you wouldnt be saying that. I might have left Breeze a like, but it doesnt mean I like his latest stuff
MC Deecee Has there ever been a period in time where hardcore hasnt taken influences from what's popular in a mainstream sense, it's pretty much par for the course isn't it?
djDMS Exactly.

People keep banging on about how the latest sound the likes of FW are pushing is new, exciting and different.

No it isn't, it's borrowed heavily from the latest commercial dance sound. I don't particularly like what's in the clubs/charts at present so i'm not interested in hardcore's take on the same sound.

Simple as that really. Nothing to do with being against change, the fashion for decent riff followed by weak drop is not a sound i'm interested in - whatever the genre.

Vladel
quote:

The thing is the cock (ie breeze) comes out and says he's bored of hardcore so he's going to change it like the scene revolves around his fat ass. Then him and balls (ie gammer) start slagging off the listeners who dislike the new direction. S3rl for all his faults has gone off and done his own thing without trying to change the scene etc or slagging anyone else off (something cock and balls haven't managed to do). It's this arrogant idea that these guys run the scene and everyone is with them or not in it. That's the way it comes across and it sucks. If cock and balls and all the pubic hairs (ie Breeze, gammer and the nobodies that make up the rest) went out of business or quit, i'd be real happy because it would be no less than what they deserve for being such arrogant arses. I could have took the change if it wasn't for their attitude and slagging off the very people who bought their music. Futureworld started with a lot of hot air (remember the grand statements?) and by the looks of things it will go out with a dry fart....

So now TWR. The cock and balls have separated and seemingly split the pubic hairs. The groin region may have spread but the cock is still pushing out the same piss and the balls are nothing without a cock.
Rodz90
quote:
quote:

Then him and balls (ie gammer) start slagging off the listeners who dislike the new direction. S3rl for all his faults has gone off and done his own thing without trying to change the scene etc or slagging anyone else off (something cock and balls haven't managed to do). It's this arrogant idea that these guys run the scene and everyone is with them or not in it. That's the way it comes across and it sucks. I could have took the change if it wasn't for their attitude and slagging off the very people who bought their music. Futureworld started with a lot of hot air (remember the grand statements?) and by the looks of things it will go out with a dry fart....

What specifically are you talking about here in regards to Gammer?, i don't recollect seeing anything of the sort through social media or otherwise. Do you have any evidence to support what you are saying?
Vladel Have you been living under a rock? Gammers outbursts and rants have been well documented on here. https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=56963&whichpage=1
Rodz90
quote:
Have you been living under a rock? Gammers outbursts and rants have been well documented on here. https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=56963&whichpage=1

Nah i haven't, i just don't tend to remember stuff like that because it's mostly negative.
silver Albums do better (to a degree) on digital download sites, because you get more tracks for your money, so it's understandable for labels to bundle tracks into an album.

It took 2.34 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page