Radio listeners 189+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 What's your favourite Label?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Revs I wish users had the feature to create polls, but as it's not the case...

please list your top 5 favourite hardcore labels :)

1. Next Generation
2. Blatant Beats
3. CLSM
4. Warped Science
5. Raw Elements

Your turn!
Wilky 1. FSOE
2. Ajunabeats
3. Armada
4. Next Gen
5. AATW
MAtRiCks 1. Next Generation Records/Blatant Beats/NG LP Samplers
2. Raver Baby/Futureworld/Junkbox/Twista Records/24/7 Hardcore (RBC collective)
3. Quosh Records/Limited/Digital
4. Essential Platinum 2002/Muffin Music
5. Evolution Records/Evolution +
Rayovac 1. Electronica Exposed + all sublabels
2. Hardcore Underground
3. ReBuild Music
4. Executive Records/Digital
5. Raw Elements
DJ_Axiom 1. Muffin Music
2. Project 00
3. Reset Records
4. 24/7 Hardcore
5. Detox Records
CiALiN hardcore:
1.nu energy collective
2.raw elements
3.notorious vinyl
4.exeutive digital
5.rebuild

trance:
1.anjunabeats
2.reset records
3.garuda
4.abstract
5.vandit
Project-Industrial 1. enzyme
2. meta4 (rip)
3. genosha
4. the third movement
5. industrial strenght
redwingz 1. Hardcore Underground
2. Australia With Force
3. CLSM
4. NSR Records :p
5. Enzyme or Traxtorm
Project-Industrial
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
1. Hardcore Underground
2. Australia With Force
3. CLSM
5. Enzyme or Traxtorm

i was gnna name my own label aswell :p but i figured that be a lil idiotic :p
redwingz
quote:
Originally posted by Project-Industrial:
quote:
1. Hardcore Underground
2. Australia With Force
3. CLSM
5. Enzyme or Traxtorm

Well i thought people might think im an ass, but at the end of the day....why run a label if you dont think its one of the best? I only release tunes I really like, so my label is in my favourites :p
Project-Industrial
quote:
quote:
quote:
1. Hardcore Underground
2. Australia With Force
3. CLSM
5. Enzyme or Traxtorm

Well i thought people might think im an ass, but at the end of the day....why run a label if you dont think its one of the best? I only release tunes I really like, so my label is in my favourites :p

yea fair nuff :) i'd rate FMR shared 3rd then with genosha. :) definitly if i look on our future steps :p
Revs Nobody likes Next Generation/Blatant Beats

SHAME ON YOU EVERYONE!
Rayovac
quote:

A better word might be egotistical ;).

quote:

Makes sense if you ask me. It's not an exact quote, but Lee UHF once said something among the lines of why produce if you can't/won't enjoy your own music? Same concept can be applied to running a label.
acidfluxxbass 1/ Nu Energy Collective (their stance and principles on hardcore have lead to them making the best music around, without a doubt. Tracks from Synthwulf, Kevin Energy, Orpheus etc, they definately know how to make my day. Also, the podcast is a brilliant way of promotion, which is why I hear so much of their music. Not many other label owners have the actual brains to do the same lol)
2/ Relentless (NEC's former Daddy. This labels seen some of my favourite tracks featured)
3/ Bassface (New label that has released some very nice music)
4/ Australia With Force (A label that has grown remarkably thanks to starstruck. worth a mention for some of the amazing tracks it's had featured.)
5/ Muffin Music (Contains some of my favourite tracks... but really just filled up this last space..)

Other notable labels; Med School & Hospital (possibly my favourite ever. These hand-in-hand labels are run very well and showcase some of the most superb music I've ever heard. It makes hardcore sound like white senseless noise). Warped Science (Released some great releases). Kniteforce + sister labels (Some classic tunes that define the hardcore sound, but are rarely mentioned...). Quosh & Slammin Vinyl (have released some of my most prized records. Very proud to own such great tracks. Basement Records (Released my ultimate favourite track... Architex - Altitude.. wonder old label). Moving Shadow (more of my fave tunes released on here. Notably Omni Trio)

Labels not worthy of being listed: AATW (Repetitive beats that directly contradict the essence of hardcore). Re-conized (Just a pointless label that was never going to succeed... 'In Gods Eye's' was a pitiful mistake. Re-con should be glad that so few people knew about it's release..) Raver Baby (A label that used to be great, but outlived itself... Releases now are average and disappointing.)

My personal opinion is not endorsed by jack shite.
Triquatra Hardcore wise?

Stompin Choonz
Kniteforce
Nuffin But Noize
New Era
RSR Recordings

those are the first that spring to mind, i have alot of favorites - funny how nobody else seems to have metioned any of them...must be alone here *sigh*

Hard Trance/Hard House
Tidy Two
Stimulant (where Brisk and Ham seem to make all their hard trance before re-pressing it at a higher speed and releasing it on NG or BB) ;) - it all kicks arse though! :P
Tidy Trax

revs...im guessing you didnt see matricks post two down from yours?

his #1 was NG/BB
Hard2Get
quote:
Stompin Choonz
Kniteforce
Nuffin But Noize
New Era
RSR Recordings

Finally a list i can relate to lol.
Brian K kniteforce/kfa
old blatant beats/next generation
impact
stompin choonz
terror traxx
deathchant
bloody fist

Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
Hardcore wise?

Stompin Choonz
Kniteforce
Nuffin But Noize
New Era
RSR Recordings

those are the first that spring to mind, i have alot of favorites - funny how nobody else seems to have metioned any of them...must be alone here *sigh*

Hard Trance/Hard House
Tidy Two
Stimulant (where Brisk and Ham seem to make all their hard trance before re-pressing it at a higher speed and releasing it on NG or BB) ;) - it all kicks arse though! :P
Tidy Trax

revs...im guessing you didnt see matricks post two down from yours?

his #1 was NG/BB

Nor my post which is 2nd in the thread
Revs Yeah but that's not many compared to the people that posted in this thread. It's somehow a shame, Brisk, Ham, Vagabond, etc.. they're slowly all getting forgotten..
Project-Industrial
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:
quote:

A better word might be egotistical ;).

quote:

Makes sense if you ask me. It's not an exact quote, but Lee UHF once said something among the lines of why produce if you can't/won't enjoy your own music? Same concept can be applied to running a label.

yea egotistical wos wot i ment :p cudnt think of the right word :) can agree with craig's view though :) im deffo happy wif the stuff i release on fmr :) so.... :)
Dain-Ja I won't post labels that are no longer releasing tracks.

1) NG/BB
2) Hardcore Underground
3) 24/7
4) Muffin?
5) KFA

This is a very current list though. Could be entirely different in a week.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
Yeah but that's not many compared to the people that posted in this thread. It's somehow a shame, Brisk, Ham, Vagabond, etc.. they're slowly all getting forgotten..

Nah certainly not! What gives you that idea? Brisk & Ham have been 2 of the biggest names in Hardcore right from the start, they aren't going to be forgotten about anytime soon.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Yeah but that's not many compared to the people that posted in this thread. It's somehow a shame, Brisk, Ham, Vagabond, etc.. they're slowly all getting forgotten..

Nah certainly not! What gives you that idea? Brisk & Ham have been 2 of the biggest names in Hardcore right from the start, they aren't going to be forgotten about anytime soon.

they're good, don't get me wrong, but i think they're a bit overrated nowadays... They aren't producing tracks aswell as they were 3/4 years ago.
Revs Overrated? You mean Underrated, right? Yeah sure their stuff was waaaaaaaayyyyyy better 4 years ago, but now there's plenty of new producers who are taking over the scene, and the old ones are slowly getting forgotten (Which is actually normal, because it's always like that in the music business, new people come, old ones go, I mean you can't produce Hardcore till you're 60... there's a moment when you'll have to stop.. ). 5 years ago, Vagabond was the king of hardcore! And that was the peak in his carrier.. who is he now? Nobody..
acidfluxxbass I mean OVERRATED

They had some pretty good ideas back in the day, but there are more talented and creative producers out there now.
Revs Sure but for the work they did at the time they're underrated! I don't know what they produce now, never check the new stuff
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Sure but for the work they did at the time they're underrated! I don't know what they produce now, never check the new stuff

lol, you always contradict your self somewhere in your own threads :P

I think they got due credit for their older tracks. Stuff Like Crazy Love (or w/e) was quite highly acclaimed. tbh, there are too many other underrated producers out there... I believe those underrated stars form the 'underground'.
Revs No I agree with you on that point, but I just don't see how someone like Vagabond is overrated, we haven't really heard from him in ages, and I'm not even sure if it's really him who produces :-( It's probably just Brisk using old templates Vagabond had made.. Vagabond has no Facebook, no Website, no MySpace, he has nothing anymore, he is actually dead.

Ok with Brisk I agree, he might be overrated, and his tracks aren't what they used to be one day..
Hard2Get Vagabond is not under rated, he's all anyone was talking about for a long time (and no it's not Brisk). You've not heard his stuff lately because he's probably not done anything. He is still about as he does engineering tutorials at his own studio.
Revs Yeah but "for a long time" was back in 2004, I thought we were talking about now..

Oh well, didn't know that..
acidfluxxbass Vagabon was collabing with Brisk for Club*ucker wasnt he?
redwingz
quote:
Vagabond is not under rated, he's all anyone was talking about for a long time (and no it's not Brisk). You've not heard his stuff lately because he's probably not done anything. He is still about as he does engineering tutorials at his own studio.

As far as I am aware Vagabond is no longer making hardcore, however, you can still go and visit him in his studio (Bournemouth I think) for a day and learn hardcore and general production and engineering from him.
Revs
quote:
quote:
Vagabond is not under rated, he's all anyone was talking about for a long time (and no it's not Brisk). You've not heard his stuff lately because he's probably not done anything. He is still about as he does engineering tutorials at his own studio.

As far as I am aware Vagabond is no longer making hardcore, however, you can still go and visit him in his studio (Bournemouth I think) for a day and learn hardcore and general production and engineering from him.

He does produce I think, but almost nothing, he released "Stepping Up" last year, for example.. does anyone know if he's making another music genre now?
Dain-Ja
quote:
quote:
quote:

He used to make Hard Dance under his Nazareth alias. Not sure if he still does.

I know he offers mobile engineering & tuition services so perhaps he's concentrating on that.
He does produce I think, but almost nothing, he released "Stepping Up" last year, for example.. does anyone know if he's making another music genre now?

DJHaze
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:
4. Executive Records/Digital

quote:
Originally posted by CiALiN:
4.exeutive digital

Thankyou very much for the support. Most appreciated.
Rayovac
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
Hardcore wise?

Stompin Choonz
Kniteforce
Nuffin But Noize
New Era
RSR Recordings

I love Stompin Choonz but I think they and JAL have gone into hibernation again or something? Not dead, but not active.
I'm just now getting into Kniteforce more.
Nuffin But Noize was really good. The last releases on the label were borderline hard trance if you ask me.
Never heard of New Era!
RSR had lots of good breakbeat, and towards the end some sick stuff by UFO and friends.
Revs Oh I forgot Kniteforce.. I love the old tracks like "DJ Force & The Evolution - Perfect Dreams" are also the newer ones like "Fakkah - Flute" :-)

When talking about Breaks.. what's a good Breaks Label? I only know Electromagnetic, it features Hardcore Breaks, Breakbeat Hardcore and Drum & Bass from artists like Panacea, Orbit1, Fracus, Virus, Milo, Audio X, Luna-C, etc..

Check it out: http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/111645/electromagnetic.html
Hard2Get
quote:
Never heard of New Era!

It was Stompy's label and it even had sub labels. Where have you been? :P
Dante
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
Club*ucker?

Time for a new game, guess the hidden letter!

Clubtucker?
Clubnucker?
Clublucker?

As for labels, it's something like this (I won't number them, and I could change my mind if I think about it again in 10 minutes):
Hardcore Underground
CLSM
Nu-Energy
Rebuild
Kniteforce
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
quote:
Club*ucker?

Clubtucker?
Clubnucker?
Clublucker?

As for labels, it's something like this (I won't number them, and I could change my mind if I think about it again in 10 minutes):
Hardcore Underground
CLSM
Nu-Energy
Rebuild
Kniteforce

Clubducker... duh...

Project-Industrial
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
quote:
Club*ucker?

Clubtucker?
Clubnucker?
Clublucker?

Hardcore Underground
CLSM
Nu-Energy
Rebuild
Kniteforce

Clubducker... duh...

i was gnna say .. no its club[f]ucker nd then post a picture of someone getting [fu]cked in the club :) but aparently they dont take pictures of that nd post it somewhere google can find em. to bad =]

so basicly this whole post is bout to turn in to trolspam...
Dj Sc@r my favs:

Raw Elements
Executive Records / Recycled Records
NuEnergy
Lethal Thoery / Lethal Thoery Raw
Essential Platinum
DJ SMALOUM
2.PROJECT BAD ASS
3.HARDCORE UNDERGROUND
4.REBUILD MUSIC
5.SCARRED DIGITAL
latininxtc It's sad that 5yrs later most of these labels have either ceased to exist or just stopped releasing new stuff.
rafferty Now

Future World
Anuva Level
Klubbed Up
Candy Crush Music
UKN
Future World

2000's

Lethal Theory
Hardcore Underground
Raver Baby
Evolution
Next Generation
Blatant Beats

Back in the 90s it was -

United Dance
Essential Platinum
Impact
Universal
Remix Records
Just Another Label (JAL)
The drunken scotsman Going forward I hope it will be TWR, they defintely have all my favourite producers and I'm confident the releases will live up to promise.
Loving evolution atm as well and HU are obviously great for the album releases.
rafferty
quote:
quote:

What are you guys talking about lol... Vagabond is still very much around making Hardcore.
Produces hardcore with Dowster all the time on Candy Crush Music.

Here is the link to DOWSTER & VAGABONDS soundcloud.

https://www.soundcloud.com/candy-crush-music
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:
quote:

What are you guys talking about lol... Vagabond is still very much around making Hardcore.
Produces hardcore with Dowster all the time on Candy Crush Music.

Here is the link to DOWSTER & VAGABONDS soundcloud.

https://www.soundcloud.com/candy-crush-music

Maybe read dates before commenting? That comment was posted in 2010. At that time Vagabond was not around. He came back producing for Candy Crush a year later.
rafferty Pretty sure he was still doing work for Brisk and Ham on Next Gen then under the name Euphoria so they were still wrong.
Samination
quote:
Pretty sure he was still doing work for Brisk and Ham on Next Gen then under the name Euphoria so they were still wrong.

Wait waht? :P
_Jay_
quote:
Pretty sure he was still doing work for Brisk and Ham on Next Gen then under the name Euphoria so they were still wrong.

Not as late as 2010 I don't think. It's not impossible, but doesn't sound right.
Hard2Get When talking about Vagabond his Euphoria alias would have been included.
Mansy I dont like his stuff much now as much as i did when he was with the NG boyz!
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
It's sad that 5yrs later most of these labels have either ceased to exist or just stopped releasing new stuff.

I was thinking the same thing while reading through the topic. It's only when you observe 5 years of change all at once that you realise exactly how much has happened.

Things were almost certainly better in 2010.
DJ2XL 1. RoughNeck
2. Mokum
3. Downtown
4. RTS
5. Rising High (some)

i'm a 90' era...
oxis probably next generation. just a shame that candy crush isn't that great, vagabond's stuff was awesome.

It took 2.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page