Total online 1878
 Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HH.com Production Comp - Voting Stage f/c...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ken Masters
Thats it! Deadline reached & the submissions stage comes to an end. Massive thanks to everyone who took time to support the comp & to get involved. Its one thing remixing a track, but its another thing completely to build a track using nothing but vocals so I appreciate the effort.

As expected with such a variety of ideas, the voting stage will be great fun :)

Please give me a few days to prepare everything. My broadband has been down for over a week now (the joys of living in the Devon sticks). However I'm off to visit family in Glasgow for a week on Saturday & will launch the voting stage from there :)

It's time for Stage 2 of this years HH.com production competition! In stage 1 we asked you guys to write & submit lyrics which would then go on to create the vocals for the production stage of the comp.

I enlisted the help of Allison & Bridson in creating the vocals & after letting them anonymously read through the huge number of lyric submissions (from all 4 of you!), they both agreed that the lyrics my brother submitted were the best. If he's lucky I'll buy him a pint when i'm next in Glasgow.

With lyrics decided & the vocals created the comp can really begin! This is clearly the stage the vast majority of you have been eagerly awaiting!

So here's how it'll work:

- Simply download the vocal stems & use as much or as little of them as you see fit. No rules on styles, just be creative! (Hardcore, Breaks etc, etc will all be accepted) but ensure all ideas are completely original.

Please do not share full tracks, previews or WIP until the winner has been announced. Once the comp is over feel free to push your track wherever you like :)

- Track Submission deadline is 31st March.

- The winning track will be decided by you guys through a round of voting once the submissions deadline has been reached. The tracks will be anonymous throughout voting & producers will be revealed once the winner has been decided. Tracks can remain anonymous & that option will be given before before hand.

- The winning track will go on to receive full professional mastering & possibly re-worked vocals to better suit (if needs be), but the point of the comp is to show what you can do with the vocals provided :)

Send your submission as a mastered 320kbs MP3, but please bare in mind I will need an unmastered WAV version for mastering the winning track. So back up those project files! or export an unmastered WAV version right away & keep hold of it, leaving the master channel free of compression with plenty of room on the master level.

Don't worry if mastering isn't your strong point as the winning track will be mastered for you, but try to master your submission to the best of your ability. Send all submissions to me either through site PM or to [email protected]

- Create your own track title! Call it whatever you feel suits your track. Name all files as '*YOUR NAME* feat Allison - *TRACK TITLE*'

*PRIZES!*

Myself & the guys at Hardcore Underground & Scarred Digital have kindly donated some prizes to the comp. The winner will receive:

- A signed Fracus & Darwin 'Filth & Dumb Hatred' Canvas.
- A signed Fracus & Darwin 'Filth & Dumb Hatred' CD Album.
- A choice of any 2 CD albums from the HU Store.
- A choice of 3 Scarred Digital MP3/WAV Tracks from their back catalogue.
- Professional track and vocal Mastering.
- Track featuring exclusively on the next free members album 'The Past. The Present. The Future 2015'.

I'm really looking forward to hearing what you guys come up with, & with supplying nothing but vocals this should prove to be a real varied competition!

I have to say a huge thank you to the few who had a go at the lyric stage, those who continue to support my adventurous projects, & to Allison & Bridson for helping create the finished vocals you hear now. I'd also like to thank the guys at HU & Scarred Digital for their continued support in everything I do.

Have fun & good luck everyone!

Download the Vocal Stems here (Key F): http://www.dj-triquatra.com/fs/HH.com%20Comp%20Allison%20Vocals.rar

Triquatra Good god, those are some brilliant prizes - big thank you for putting this together Mr Masters! and what an absolute bunch of legends, those who have donated prizes!

Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Good god, those are some brilliant prizes - big thank you for putting this together Mr Masters! and what an absolute bunch of legends, those who have donated prizes!

No problem man :) 'tis quite a haul !
versia Those vocals are really nice, but is the lyric "storm of the song" or "stomp of the song"?
Maggers Any chance of getting the harmonies separated? I'm not sure if I'll use that bit, but would prefer to give each note it's own channel/mix. Awesome job putting this together - those are some excellent prizes, and a lot of things to work with in the vocal.
AllisonM tbh bridson in jail till 19th march if anyone can process original vocal without it harmonised *but you have to be able to process a 155bpm vocal to drop, standard and timestrech it to 170* can have raw vocal xx
AllisonM
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
Those vocals are really nice, but is the lyric "storm of the song" or "stomp of the song"?

storm maybe my glaswegian accent :P xx
Ken Masters Like Allison said, Bridsons been having trouble elsewhere which I wont go into. I had put it to him about supplying both harmonized & ordinary vocals, as well as a last couple of last edits, but clearly its not an option for him at the minute.

If anyone else thinks they can help out then by all means let us know, otherwise we cant make any edits to that final harmony just yet.
Future_Shock
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
Like Allison said, Bridsons been having trouble elsewhere which I wont go into. I had put it to him about supplying both harmonized & ordinary vocals, as well as a last couple of last edits, but clearly its not an option for him at the minute.

If anyone else thinks they can help out then by all means let us know, otherwise we cant make any edits to that final harmony just yet.

Nobody is going to be able to separate the harmonies and the original vocal without ruining the integrity of the original recording.

However if you need them reprocessed i can probably do that. Can't say if it'll be better or worse but i CAN do it.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:
Like Allison said, Bridsons been having trouble elsewhere which I wont go into. I had put it to him about supplying both harmonized & ordinary vocals, as well as a last couple of last edits, but clearly its not an option for him at the minute.

Nobody is going to be able to separate the harmonies and the original vocal without ruining the integrity of the original recording.

However if you need them reprocessed i can probably do that. Can't say if it'll be better or worse but i CAN do it.

Sorry mate, I didn't mean separate the harmonies, but more revisit the unprocessed vocals & offer a processed version of that final section without the harmonies.

If people think it'll be of benefit to their tracks & you think you could help with that, that would be great :) I did think it'd be beneficial to give people the option of harmonising that section themselves, but once I put that to Bridson it was a bit late for that.
Ken Masters Please bare in mind guys, the winning track can go on to have vocals tweeked slightly to better suit the track. However for the sake of the comp its all about showing what you can do with the vocals provided.

If we can arrange to offer that final section without harmonies we'll definitely make them available but for now please get stuck in as is :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Maggers:
Those are some excellent prizes, and a lot of things to work with in the vocal.

Thanks man, these type of vocals will suit a wide variety of ideas which is ideal for the competition. We're not breaking boundaries by any means but it allows beginners to get some ideas down while giving the more experienced producers the option to really make something of them :)
AceofSpades_Lorenzo Really glad it got delayed haha. I'm putting together my new studio PC next week, I just got a new interface, & I'll hopefully have my new monitors within 3 weeks. Good project to break it all in :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by AceofSpades_Lorenzo:
Really glad it got delayed haha. I'm putting together my new studio PC next week, I just got a new interface, & I'll hopefully have my new monitors within 3 weeks. Good project to break it all in :)

Ah you see, I sensed this! Shhh dont tell anyone, but I was secretly waiting for you ;)
Triquatra I don't know if I will be able to partake this year, we're "on the brink" of a house move and i'm working on a "when the last bird flies" remix (more than one song might just overload me at the moment, haha). Good luck to everyone who does enter! :)
Mansy This looks good! Might have a go at this if i can get a decent melody together. Good luck to everyone who enters.
ninja edit Why everything I make sounds out of key

This will be a good challenge for me :)

Ken Masters
quote:
I don't know if I will be able to partake this year, we're "on the brink" of a house move and i'm working on a "when the last bird flies" remix (more than one song might just overload me at the moment, haha). Good luck to everyone who does enter! :)

No problem man, giving it the old breaks treatment I hope ;)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
This looks good! Might have a go at this if i can get a decent melody together. Good luck to everyone who enters.

Yeah get involved dude, I'm hoping we'll have a good number of entries to make for a real varied & worthwhile comp :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by ninja edit:
Why everything I make sounds out of key

This will be a good challenge for me :)

Keep chipping away my friend! Early days yet :)
AllisonM well?? anyone started? how you getting on? let us know :) xx
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by AllisonM:
well?? anyone started? how you getting on? let us know :) xx

Yeah keep us posted :) just no track samples, or I may be forced to kick some ass ;)
Dain-Ja Interesting. Will listen to the vocals in the studio on Monday.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
Interesting. Will listen to the vocals in the studio on Monday.

Nice one man, be good to have you involved :)
ViolonC Made a draft of a possible idea. I like the opportunity to start fresh, but i don't know if i have the time to make more than a demo until the deadline. I feel i need to spend a lot of time for sound design to make this good.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
Made a draft of a possible idea. I like the opportunity to start fresh, but i don't know if i have the time to make more than a demo until the deadline. I feel i need to spend a lot of time for sound design to make this good.

Thanks for getting involved, hopefully you'll have the time & manage to get something submitted :)
Ken Masters How's everyone getting on then? :)
ViolonC Well, we are not supposed to post any clips, right? :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Well, we are not supposed to post any clips, right? :)

Yes! Text based updates only please ;)
ViolonC Well, i arranged the vocal bits to fill 2 verses and a chorus (but i'm not yet sure how spinning something makes it a solid state :) ) and ditched the harmonized ones as the don't fit my harmonies. I've set my arrangement and have already found the main riff. Plan on using a new bass synth and kick that's more on the modern side while my lead synth will lean to older Hardcore sounds, but the sound design has yet to be finished. The first drop is still blank although i loosely know the direction i want it to take. Whether i'll make the deadline might depend on how fast i get a descent idea there.
Ken Masters
quote:
Well, i arranged the vocal bits to fill 2 verses and a chorus (but i'm not yet sure how spinning something makes it a solid state :) ) and ditched the harmonized ones as the don't fit my harmonies. I've set my arrangement and have already found the main riff. Plan on using a new bass synth and kick that's more on the modern side while my lead synth will lean to older Hardcore sounds, but the sound design has yet to be finished. The first drop is still blank although i loosely know the direction i want it to take. Whether i'll make the deadline might depend on how fast i get a descent idea there.

Good to see your making progress dude, still got a full month to go :)
Ken Masters Just under 4 weeks left people, hopefully the ideas are flowing! :)
Dys7 Would it be possible for someone to please just post the raw vocal file, with no harmonizing or processing? Please?
Hard2Get Only Ken can do that. Does it matter though? Every one is using the same sample so it doesn't really matter since the challenge is to work with what you've got. That's how i see it anyway.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Would it be possible for someone to please just post the raw vocal file, with no harmonizing or processing? Please?

Unfortunately at this stage it wont be possible. Although please bare in mind, we can revisit the vocals when prep'ing the winning track for mastering. This will ensure the track reaches its full potential, but for the sake of keeping everyone on a level playing field, show your best work with the vocals provided :)
Hard2Get I was initially uninspired. Not for any specific reason though. Although I've came up with something now that works well for me so I will be entering for sure. Even if i have to submit something scrappy.
Future_Shock Havent thought of anything good for this yet as most of my effort is going towards another project (as you know, Ken) but i'll revisit it later.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I was initially uninspired. Not for any specific reason though. Although I've came up with something now that works well for me so I will be entering for sure. Even if i have to submit something scrappy.

Look forward to hearing it, I dont think I've ever heard anything of yours before man.

Its worth mentioning again that the voting stage will be completely anonymous. Once the voting stage is complete, if anyone would like to remain anonymous thats completely up to them. I'll give you all that option before revealing the winner & then who made each track.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
Havent thought of anything good for this yet as most of my effort is going towards another project (as you know, Ken) but i'll revisit it later.

All good Andy, hope its coming together well mate & you can get some time to enter afterwards :)
Ken Masters Keep chipping away people & try & have something completed by deadline. I know how easy it is to start on something then get side tracked & play around with something else (I'm a nightmare for this!) but the more submissions we can get, the more varied the voting stage will be :)
Captain Triceps Issue I'm having is my laptop being old and full of coffee and lager, and FL Studio sounding like its going though some glitch software on stretch mode.
I do have something knocked up to enter (no, not the Mrs), it's just pissing frustrating trying to do any work on the track where any minor adjustment takes about ten seconds to process.
I'm hoping to have a new laptop last week, but two kids birthdays a week apart have shagged that plan up - if I can get a new one enough time before deadline I'm laughing!
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Issue I'm having is my laptop being old and full of coffee and lager, and FL Studio sounding like its going though some glitch software on stretch mode.
I do have something knocked up to enter (no, not the Mrs), it's just pissing frustrating trying to do any work on the track where any minor adjustment takes about ten seconds to process.
I'm hoping to have a new laptop last week, but two kids birthdays a week apart have shagged that plan up - if I can get a new one enough time before deadline I'm laughing!

Sounds like that laptops seen some good times! Hope you get something sorted dude.

It probably goes without saying, but bounce as many of your tracks down & import as audio. Try & run as little as possible & hopefully you wont have to resort to introducing it to a brick wall.
AllisonM is it just clips for deadline then ken yeah? xx
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by AllisonM:
is it just clips for deadline then ken yeah? xx

Full tracks :) then each track will be posted in full for the voting stage. They'll remain anonymous so no-one knows which track belongs to which producer, fairest way :)
Captain Triceps Can we submit more then one entry? Apologies if this has already been covered and I've missed it, but suppose I have two completely separate tracks, can I enter both?
Ken Masters I dont see that being a problem to be honest. It was ok in last years comp ( although no-one took advantage of it) but I should have mentioned it when launching this years.
Captain Triceps
quote:
I dont see that being a problem to be honest. It was ok in last years comp ( although no-one took advantage of it) but I should have mentioned it when launching this years.

Champion. I didn't know if it was a one-entry-per-member thing where we'd have to exploit loopholes. Just handy to know in case I can make another track and not know which to upload!
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
I dont see that being a problem to be honest. It was ok in last years comp ( although no-one took advantage of it) but I should have mentioned it when launching this years.

Champion. I didn't know if it was a one-entry-per-member thing where we'd have to exploit loopholes. Just handy to know in case I can make another track and not know which to upload!

Lol even if there was a one entry rule, there would be nothing stopping you from creation a 100 different songs as long as you only enter one!
Captain Triceps I think you know what I meant.
Hard2Get If you meant something else then i don't know what it is.
Triquatra one-entry-per-member

a one entry rule

hehehe.
Captain Triceps
quote:
one-entry-per-member
a one entry rule
hehehe.

I promise to only enter my member once.
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
one-entry-per-member
a one entry rule
hehehe.

I promise to only enter my member once.

That will disappoint him.
Ken Masters Just under 3 weeks left ladies & jellyfish :)
Ken Masters You may not hear from me for a bit as I'm off gallivanting in Mexico!

Spring break antics with some party loving Americans, hugging dolphins & general tom foolery.

Don't hate me for it. Please channel that anger & jealousy into your tracks ;) adios!
ViolonC Unfortunately won't make the dead line. Hope i won't get booted doing a free release after?
Hard2Get As long as it doesn't contain the vocal! Or maybe he's fine with that. Who knows.
Ken Masters
quote:
Unfortunately won't make the dead line. Hope i won't get booted doing a free release after?

No rules against it dude, please do me a favour & hold from releasing till after comps complete.
Ken Masters We're moving into the final week guys, if you're still to finish up you better get your finger out ;)
SparkzMusic May just have time to give this a go.

Started something. Going to spend about 3 hours fine tuning it now and probably that will have to do for my entry.

ViolonC
quote:
quote:
Unfortunately won't make the dead line. Hope i won't get booted doing a free release after?

No rules against it dude, please do me a favour & hold from releasing till after comps complete.

That shall be no problem. Still appreciate the opportunity.
Bad Corey Myslef and Evolutionize have an entry mostly done. Should take one more session to throw the final spice on it.
Audio Warfare Not even had a chance to start something, not been in the studio for weeks now! Good luck to all entering though, looking forward to hearing the submissions. :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
Myslef and Evolutionize have an entry mostly done. Should take one more session to throw the final spice on it.

Nice one guys, look forward to hearing it :)
Ken Masters 5 days & counting...
Ken Masters 4!
Dys7 Feeling good about this :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Feeling good about this :)

You get something finished ok dude? :)
Ken Masters Tres!
djepi Compo entry emailed :-)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djepi:
Compo entry emailed :-)

I dont think I've seen yours come through yet buddy. Although my broadband has been out of action for days. Could you please resend through pm? :)
djepi PM sent :)
Bad Corey Email sent! :)
Captain Triceps email not yet sent.
Hard2Get
quote:
email not yet sent.

You little scamp!
Ken Masters Edit -

Thanks Cory, got yours dude :)

& yours EPI, nice work guys!
DJSL4T3ST4R I just emailed my entry.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by DJSL4T3ST4R:
I just emailed my entry.

Got yours dude, thanks for getting involved :)
Captain Triceps Shit a brick, I thought the whole thing had gone tits up for me last minute, sent!
Future_Shock Couldn't finish anything in time. Pretty bummed about it! Good luck to everyone else though!
Ken Masters Thats it! Deadline reached & the submissions stage comes to an end. Massive thanks to everyone who took time to support the comp & to get involved. Its one thing remixing a track, but its another thing completely to build a track using nothing but vocals so I appreciate the effort.

Please give me a few days to prepare everything. My broadband has been down for over a week now (the joys of living in the Devon sticks). However I'm off to visit family in Glasgow for a week on Saturday & will launch the voting stage from there :)
Captain Triceps I'm eager to hear the entries, I were hoping they'd be up today (impatient bastard)!

As was said last time, the more regular these competitions the better, I say. Already looking forward to the next one!
Bad Corey
quote:
Thats it! Deadline reached & the submissions stage comes to an end. Massive thanks to everyone who took time to support the comp & to get involved. Its one thing remixing a track, but its another thing completely to build a track using nothing but vocals so I appreciate the effort.

Hurry you magnificent bastard!
AllisonM
quote:
I'm eager to hear the entries, I were hoping they'd be up today (impatient bastard)!

As was said last time, the more regular these competitions the better, I say. Already looking forward to the next one!

i want to hear too :D xx
versia any eta on this? keen on hearing the entries :)
djDMS End of August apparently
Hard2Get I couldn't enter after all. See this thread for the reason why: https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=69540

However i did happen to have this 4 bar clip lol. It is all that remains: http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/kGuygaA5/file.html
Ken Masters Sorry guys, please bare with me. Ive had an insanely busy visit with my family in Glasgow. I should have extended the deadline to suit really.

I'll try my best to to have everything uploaded & prep'd from here before I leave but there are 15 entries. if not it'll all be ready on Thursday when I'm home latest :)
Bad Corey
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:

Hurry you magnificent bastard!

Dys7

Cmon, I'm really anxious to hear all the entries! :P
Captain Triceps
CynicalJerk It's now well past Thursday and Ken hasn't posted them. What a bloody surprise!
versia
quote:
Originally posted by CynicalJerk:
It's now well past Thursday and Ken hasn't posted them. What a bloody surprise!

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=69596

Dude.

Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
quote:
Originally posted by CynicalJerk:
It's now well past Thursday and Ken hasn't posted them. What a bloody surprise!

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=69596

Dude.

haha they're up! They're up! ;)

Apologies, a 5 day drinking bender in Glasgow followed by all day travel to get back to Devon. It was all I had left to haul my sorry ass from the taxi to my bed last night! Ever seen the walking dead? I'm either getting old or seriously out of practice. I'm hoping it's the later.

It took 4.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page