Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HTID USA WEEKENDER Phoenix!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
latininxtc Surprised no one has posted this yet, but HTID USA is back, and it's back for 2 whole nights! A lineup has yet to be released, but details so far is that it'll be in Phoenix, Arizona and it'll be the 9th and 10th of October.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1592048391034334/

I can totally make it out to this since I have a friend who lives there with an extra room for me to crash in, that way I save up on hotel costs! And he's also been curious as to what it's like at a rave so I'll definitely have him and his wife try to join me.
CDJay Should be good!

CDJay
Bad Corey Definitely gonna be there. Also going to do my best to win the boot camp because PLAYING this event would be an absolute dream come true.
trippnface 2 days nice!!

o man...

:D
Samination if it wasnt expensive to travel to the US I might wanna try.

Also, i presume you need to get alot of stuff "cleared" before entering the country right? it's not like "only getting a flight ticket and your in"?
ConnerIntenzifi It will be interesting to see who's on as I have a few guys booked for Glasgow on the 10th who were on the last one & have had no request to cancel them, I know TLI in Manchester has been cancelled on the 9th to accommodate it.
trippnface lookin like M project is gunna be there.

Makina please!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:
It will be interesting to see who's on as I have a few guys booked for Glasgow on the 10th who were on the last one & have had no request to cancel them, I know TLI in Manchester has been cancelled on the 9th to accommodate it.

Care to share with us who they are???

DjZelous Maaan i just cant wait until they do it here in miami, All we have is ultra :(
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
Maaan i just cant wait until they do it here in miami, All we have is ultra :(

They're obviously doing it in places that already have a UK hardcore presence there. I think we'll see a Seattle event and a New England event, even a Nashville event before Miami is even considered. Perhaps they'll swing by Dallas before as well, which would be sweet as that's about a 4hr bus ride there. And Megabus offers tickets as low as $3 sometimes too.
Captain Triceps When I think of places like Nashville and Dallas I imagine guitars, ranches and cowboy hats before I think of raves.
I'm obviously a little ignorant but when I see flyers for events in places like this it just conjures up images of Roadhouse, Yosemite Sam, steak houses, shooting guns in the air, bulls getting branded, etc etc.

Sorry :(
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
When I think of places like Nashville and Dallas I imagine guitars, ranches and cowboy hats before I think of raves.
I'm obviously a little ignorant but when I see flyers for events in places like this it just conjures up images of Roadhouse, Yosemite Sam, steak houses, shooting guns in the air, bulls getting branded, etc etc.

Don't worry, you're not alone. In fact, quite a few Germans actually think Texas is just a single giant desert where people ride horses to work, school, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Advather:

Don't worry, you're not alone. In fact, quite a few Germans actually think Texas is just a single giant desert where people ride horses to work, school, etc.

it is, it just has dallas in the middle
latininxtc
quote:
When I think of places like Nashville and Dallas I imagine guitars, ranches and cowboy hats before I think of raves.

A little?

quote:

Some local TV news anchors here in Houston were in Berlin to report on some of our city council members visiting the city to get inspiration to see if they can convert our old football stadium into something useful. Imploding it is the best option in my opinion but idiots here want to salvage it yet don't want to pay extra taxes to do so.

One of the reporters asked Berliners what they thought of Texas. Here's some of the things they said: guns, death penalty, cows, beef, hillbillies, stand your ground law, very conservative, you're not allowed to run around naked. They're not entirely wrong! But this can be numerous states though, none of these descriptions are exclusive to just Texas.

We're a state of about 28 million people, but about 18 million of those people live in the 5 largest metropolitans here. We're bigger in size than France but with less than half the population, so yes we have people living in very small towns and there's lots of land that is used for beef and produce farming.

As far as our policies are concerned, yes our policies make Texas look very conservative, but that's due to the fault of low voter turnout. There are lots of liberals/progressives here, But in all of the US the low voter turnout is mostly in those that vote for Democratic candidates, so that's something that needs to change.

As far as Dallas and Nashville go, Dallas is far more progressive than that view you painted. They're a rather stuck up city, and I avoid having to go in there and deal with their people. But Nashville, you're not far off on that. They are the country music capital in the US. There are a lot of country music stars that live there. But a stigma like that is what's responsible for the diversity in music there. They've had a strong UK hardcore scene for a number of years, and the promoter there has brought in some big names there in the past. They brought Kevin Energy to a packed place. And the city itself is really lovely, admittedly the weather is far nicer there than in Houston during September.
Guest dallas has lap dancing bars
houston has bars that dont sell alcohol
Claxton Is the US definitely a first world country?
Triquatra
Captain Triceps I'm not so totally daft to think those places are actually as I described and nothing else. They just never seemed like 'ravey' places, despite (particularly Texas) being cunting massive.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
dallas has lap dancing bars

lol please tell me who's giving you this misinformation. So I can be a stereotypical Texan and shoot him.

Houston and Dallas both have titty bars and both have bars that serve alcohol. Houston even has these 'massage' parlors that are loosely regulated, which they shouldn't be. If the place doesn't serve alcohol, then it's not really a bar is it? The only type of 'bar' I can think of that doesn't serve alcohol is a hookah bar, or a hookah lounge.

In order for you to be able to legally serve alcohol at any facility in the US you have to have a proper license. If you don't have that license and you get caught selling alcohol, you're in serious trouble. And every state's last call policy is different, but here in Texas bars, clubs and restaurants are prohibited from selling alcohol between 2am and 12pm. These facilities can stay open after 2am but they can't legally sell alcohol after that time. I've been to a few clubs that have though.

Now there are counties in Texas and other states that are completely dry counties, meaning you can't buy alcohol anywhere within county limits. You can bring it in for your personal use, but you have to drink it on your own property and you cannot sell it. Most of those dry counties are up north on the panhandle where no one really gives a shit about those Texans.

quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Is the US definitely a first world country?

Of course it is. Just because not every square inch of the US looks and feels like a 1st world country does not take away the fact that it is. I've seen pics and videos of some UK, especially England spots, and they're downright shadier and more 3rd worldy looking than what I've seen here in the US.

quote:
I'm not so totally daft to think those places are actually as I described and nothing else. They just never seemed like 'ravey' places, despite (particularly Texas) being ****ing massive.

To be honest you wouldn't think that a place like Phoenix is either, or even Seattle. But they're more ravey than probably Chicago and even NYC. I never hear of actual raves in either of these 2, but you do hear of the large festivals, which many people don't count as the same thing. Remember most raves are there as a stance against the mainstream. So it's kind of fitting to have rave scenes in places like Phoenix, Seattle, Houston and even Dallas.

Texas' rave scenes as a whole has weakened though. There are still some promoters dishing out events in the Dallas area. It's died down a bit here in Houston. But we lost all our lesser mainstream large festivals in Texas. We had a few EDCs here, one of which I remember was back in like 2001 when the event wasn't so mainstream.
trippnface
quote:

of course; look how our terrorist government ravages the less fortunate nations and attempts to spread its vile imperialism and false democracy to all corners of the Earth. only a first world country can do that!
Samination "You have oil, we have democracy. Wanna trade?"
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
"You have oil, we have democracy. Wanna trade?"

case in point .
"trade"
lol

back to texas and hardcore before i become a rabid dog on US ineffective policies ! lol

full metal jacket is so relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z7rTnShxPo
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

lol please tell me who's giving you this misinformation. So I can be a stereotypical Texan and shoot him.

Houston and Dallas both have titty bars and both have bars that serve alcohol. Houston even has these 'massage' parlors that are loosely regulated, which they shouldn't be. If the place doesn't serve alcohol, then it's not really a bar is it? The only type of 'bar' I can think of that doesn't serve alcohol is a hookah bar, or a hookah lounge.

In order for you to be able to legally serve alcohol at any facility in the US you have to have a proper license. If you don't have that license and you get caught selling alcohol, you're in serious trouble. And every state's last call policy is different, but here in Texas bars, clubs and restaurants are prohibited from selling alcohol between 2am and 12pm. These facilities can stay open after 2am but they can't legally sell alcohol after that time. I've been to a few clubs that have though.

Now there are counties in Texas and other states that are completely dry counties, meaning you can't buy alcohol anywhere within county limits. You can bring it in for your personal use, but you have to drink it on your own property and you cannot sell it. Most of those dry counties are up north on the panhandle where no one really gives a shit about those Texans.

quote:

Of course it is. Just because not every square inch of the US looks and feels like a 1st world country does not take away the fact that it is. I've seen pics and videos of some UK, especially England spots, and they're downright shadier and more 3rd worldy looking than what I've seen here in the US.

quote:
I'm not so totally daft to think those places are actually as I described and nothing else. They just never seemed like 'ravey' places, despite (particularly Texas) being ****ing massive.

To be honest you wouldn't think that a place like Phoenix is either, or even Seattle. But they're more ravey than probably Chicago and even NYC. I never hear of actual raves in either of these 2, but you do hear of the large festivals, which many people don't count as the same thing. Remember most raves are there as a stance against the mainstream. So it's kind of fitting to have rave scenes in places like Phoenix, Seattle, Houston and even Dallas.

Texas' rave scenes as a whole has weakened though. There are still some promoters dishing out events in the Dallas area. It's died down a bit here in Houston. But we lost all our lesser mainstream large festivals in Texas. We had a few EDCs here, one of which I remember was back in like 2001 when the event wasn't so mainstream.

houston normally gets a photo uploaded of a queue outside a bar going all the way up the street and it dont even server alcohol on metal forums Vs dallas and Ex pantera tittie bar
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

houston normally gets a photo uploaded of a queue outside a bar going all the way up the street and it dont even server alcohol on metal forums Vs dallas and Ex pantera tittie bar

It's probably because of the Houston/Dallas feud that these pics are meant to belittle my city. Direct link to the forum please???
DjZelous
quote:
if it wasnt expensive to travel to the US I might wanna try.

Also, i presume you need to get alot of stuff "cleared" before entering the country right? it's not like "only getting a flight ticket and your in"?

I think if you have your visa and passport you'll be able to pass (I think)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
quote:
if it wasnt expensive to travel to the US I might wanna try.

I think if you have your visa and passport you'll be able to pass (I think)

If he's coming from Europe a passport should be fine. There's a Visitor Waiver Program and Sweden is listed as one of the countries participating. Here's some more info:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visa-waiver-program.html
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

It's probably because of the Houston/Dallas feud that these pics are meant to belittle my city. Direct link to the forum please???

it happens on a few forums, the forum http://www.metalinjection.net/ was taken down, but its the main place to get your videos etc
djchexmixer woot! Thanks for the post! Did not know! I am so going.
skankineddie666 Wait who's really down to go? I actually live in Yuma, AZ which is only 3 hour drive to Phoenix. If the line up is good I'd be down to meet up with anyone else going.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by skankineddie666:
Wait who's really down to go? I actually live in Yuma, AZ which is only 3 hour drive to Phoenix. If the line up is good I'd be down to meet up with anyone else going.

driven to phoenix for hardcore parties before; no way in hell i am missing our greatest party yet ;). still waiting to accomplish the fabled hhc.com meetup. got a buddy in sf we been to the same party ,multiple times and still never met up >.>. prob goes for a few people haha.
Bad Corey Me and at least 5 other people are flying out from Chicago, so I mean take that as you will.
djchexmixer
quote:
Wait who's really down to go? I actually live in Yuma, AZ which is only 3 hour drive to Phoenix. If the line up is good I'd be down to meet up with anyone else going.

I'll definitely be there. Driving out there from Los Angeles.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by djchexmixer:
quote:

fook ya dude! you bringing a crew!?
latininxtc Flying out from Houston for this. Flying solo but I've got college friends there that might want to join me. One of them is my frat bro and last time I was there to visit him he was interested in going to a rave. I highly doubt he'll be up for both nights though I'm sure the creepy kandy kids will be too much for him lol
CDJay A suave scene stealing stallion of an English man and, his bewildered Dutch female companion, are reason enough to attend. Bearing gifts and ego massaging soundbites, natch. Also Vodka.

CDJay
CDJay Might be getting ahead of myself, but schemes for 2015 culminate here if you're Stateside....

CDJay
arpz natch! Been a while since I've seen that :)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
A suave scene stealing stallion of an English man and, his bewildered Dutch female companion, are reason enough to attend. Bearing gifts and ego massaging soundbites, natch. Also Vodka.

CDJay

Ill take that with a grain of salt! ;)

I'm still freshly wounded from TorontoGate 2014!
trippnface
quote:
Flying out from Houston for this. Flying solo but I've got college friends there that might want to join me. One of them is my frat bro and last time I was there to visit him he was interested in going to a rave. I highly doubt he'll be up for both nights though I'm sure the creepy kandy kids will be too much for him lol

atleast this is 18+ :p
less scary than uber ptot kandi kids running about perhaps;all the previous events in az i hit were all ages.
.... still will be kandi kid central certainly though ... **** ya !

trippnface
quote:
Might be getting ahead of myself, but schemes for 2015 culminate here if you're Stateside....

CDJay

pleaaaase yes :')
bring it
Captain Triceps I've not seen the word 'natch' since I read Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles comics as a kid (or when holding a favourite DVD in certain way), and here it is twice!
djchexmixer
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:

Heading out with a group of friends. Got my ticket. It's going to be wicked.

I'd be up for meeting up with HHC folks.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Heading out with a group of friends. Got my ticket. It's going to be wicked.

I'd be up for meeting up with HHC folks.

sweet; got my ticks as well.
lets do this!
Impulse_Response
quote:
less scary than uber ptot kandi kids running about perhaps;all the previous events in az i hit were all ages.

Why is that a good thing? There were some events in Houston that I really wanted to go to when I was 16, 17 but couldn't because of the 18+ crap.

trippnface
quote:
quote:

Why is that a good thing? There were some events in Houston that I really wanted to go to when I was 16, 17 but couldn't because of the 18+ crap.

i have noticed alot of the time the vast majority of the younger crowd has no idea what is going on and use the event as an excuse to get fkd up and party. i know people of all ages do this; but when the party is all ages you can easily tell there are just too many really young kids..
at the same time though you are right and anybody at those ages that wants to be there for the right reasons; definitely deserve to be man. i know i was there :p
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

good! Disgusting under-agers should stay at home and read a book! ;)

And I don't know why you didn't try. I live in Houston and have gone to a few of the events here, and I don't think they even bother to properly card people. There were lots of disturbingly young people there, not sure if it's just part of the scene that these atrocious kandi kids look like Michael Jackson prey or they were actually that young.
trippnface dj brisk spinning a classic and an upfront set; **** yes!!!!
trippnface mutha****in M- Project
& scott brown . this just gets better & better!
so if scott is there who is NOT there? styles? gammer? we can only hope!!!
latininxtc
quote:
mutha****in M- Project

I don't think Scott's that expensive to have. He was there last year in LA and so was Gammer and Styles. But with flight costs being a bit more to the US from Asia and Australia, they're sure to trim down lineup cost from last year. I think Darren Styles might be a good cut, but not both Darren and Gammer. But who knows. There are 2 days to work with. I just hope they keep the lineup predominately internationally based and less national DJs.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
mutha****in M- Project

I don't think Scott's that expensive to have. He was there last year in LA and so was Gammer and Styles. But with flight costs being a bit more to the US from Asia and Australia, they're sure to trim down lineup cost from last year. I think Darren Styles might be a good cut, but not both Darren and Gammer. But who knows. There are 2 days to work with. I just hope they keep the lineup predominately internationally based and less national DJs.

no doubt!
someone in this thread earlier said some of the crew is booked the HTID usa nights elsewhere so i want to know who not gunna show :p i feel like hixxy and fracus & darwin will be there for sure; so that only really leaves stlyes & gammer not coming right?
CDJay I wouldn't presume. Remember, HU is the least supported and rewarded entity in genre history. Based on commentary to date, wildly ambitious genre redefinition rates below light AATW affiliation years ago. Shout, or lose. Merit and potential are lowest common denominators.

CDJay
trippnface
quote:
I wouldn't presume. Remember, HU is the least supported and rewarded entity in genre history. Based on commentary to date, wildly ambitious genre redefinition rates below light AATW affiliation years ago. Shout, or lose. Merit and potential are lowest common denominators.

CDJay

o man i hope you are not implying what i think you're implying :(
loaded bit there :0
HU does work and everyone knows it; all the support should be given. whoever does not support HU is an inherently bad person .
i demand fracus & darwin
latininxtc Wait, are you trying to say that Darwin & Fracus will not be at HTID USA this year?????
CDJay No, i am saying people need to shout about it. We lack the baked in by default cheerleaders from the Noughties and reflected glory of establishment endorsement.

CDJay

Cyrax I heard a rumor that CDJay will be on stage performing in a large 10ft martini glass
CDJay After being denied that @ HTID Concept, I think it's certainly worth contemplation!

CDJay
Bad Corey
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
I heard a rumor that CDJay will be on stage performing in a large 10ft martini glass

Just bought a second ticket because of this.
djDMS Got to say that's an amazing line up so far
trippnface OMFG
MIND = BLOWN
and we not even done yet
latininxtc The lineup released so far:

Phase 1- in alphabetical order
Brisk (England)
Dougal (England)
DUNE (Germany)
Hixxy (England)
Ian K (Seattle)
M-Project (Japan)
Nanobii (Sweden)
No Left Turn (San Fran)
Partyraiser (Holland)
Saiyan (Canada)
Scott Brown (Scotland)
Slipmatt (England)
The Doctor (Scotland)
Weaver (Australia)
Vinylgroover (England)

Never really cared much for Weaver's productions and haven't heard any new material from him so it will be interesting to hear him play. And Vinylgroover was a bit of a surprise to see, but I think he'll be playing an old skool set which will be sweet! Just hope he's not playing any of the awful hard dance he's produced.

Who's The Doctor? And Nanobii?

So far great lineup can't wait for the rest of it to come out!
trippnface
quote:
The lineup released so far:

Brisk (England)
Dougal (England)
DUNE (Germany)
Hixxy (England)
Ian K (Seattle)
M-Project (Japan)
Nanobii (Sweden)
No Left Turn (San Fran)
Partyraiser (Holland)
Saiyan (Canada)
Scott Brown (Scotland)
Slipmatt (England)
The Doctor (Scotland)
Weaver (Australia)
Vinylgroover (England)

Never really cared much for Weaver's productions and haven't heard any new material from him so it will be interesting to hear him play. And Vinylgroover was a bit of a surprise to see, but I think he'll be playing an old skool set which will be sweet! Just hope he's not playing any of the awful hard dance he's produced.

freakin slipmatt <3333
Cyrax
quote:
quote:

Brisk (England)
Dougal (England)
DUNE (Germany)
Hixxy (England)
Ian K (Seattle)
M-Project (Japan)
Nanobii (Sweden)
No Left Turn (San Fran)
Partyraiser (Holland)
Saiyan (Canada)
Scott Brown (Scotland)
Slipmatt (England)
The Doctor (Scotland)
Weaver (Australia)
Vinylgroover (England)

freakin slipmatt <3333

The Doctor usually plays Gabber AFAIK!

wong the doctor is darren hotchkiss' dad
skankineddie666 Has anyone checked out the venue??? I used google maps to look it up and it looks like $#!T. Don't know what it looks like on the inside but the surrounding area is full of factories and abandon warehouses. Looks like the perfect set up for a mass murder ... just saying....
latininxtc
quote:
Has anyone checked out the venue??? I used google maps to look it up and it looks like $#!T. Don't know what it looks like on the inside but the surrounding area is full of factories and abandon warehouses. Looks like the perfect set up for a mass murder ... just saying....

Well sorry to hear that the venue is not to your privileged liking and doesn't match up to the world-class clubbing and raving venues of Alaska.

In case you didn't know, this is a typical venue at a lot of rave events in the US that don't cater to the more mainstream styles of electronic music. Also, having the venue in a more secluded area ensures there isn't a noise issue with surrounding neighborhoods. The first rave I went to in Toronto was held at a kart racing facility in the middle of nowhere. Smart decision too because the bass was ridiculously loud and the event would have been shut down by authorities if there were residential buildings close to it.

And it's not like this venue has no experience in hosting events. The Stratus Event Center has a facebook page, and it looks as though it caters more to the Latino (immigrant) community. Check out a few pics of the inside of the venue.

https://www.facebook.com/StratusEventCenter
Impulse_Response
quote:
Has anyone checked out the venue??? I used google maps to look it up and it looks like $#!T. Don't know what it looks like on the inside but the surrounding area is full of factories and abandon warehouses. Looks like the perfect set up for a mass murder ... just saying....

That's what I thought when I went to my first two real raves. The first was Technicolor 2 is some rundown patch on the edge of downtown Houston, and the other (my first hardcore event) was Hardcore Essentials 2 is some crappy area outside of downtown Nashville. I didn't really care though; I was excited to finally attend some events. Too bad Hardcore Essentials 2 turned out to be crap.
trippnface
quote:

those are the best places for parties ;)
granted usually such places are reserved for unpermitted parties....
but **** it !! from the sounds of it the venue itself seems to be the best one we have gotten to party in over there
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

That's what I thought when I went to my first two real raves. The first was Technicolor 2 is some rundown patch on the edge of downtown Houston, and the other (my first hardcore event) was Hardcore Essentials 2 is some crappy area outside of downtown Nashville. I didn't really care though; I was excited to finally attend some events. Too bad Hardcore Essentials 2 turned out to be crap.

I've never been to the Villians venue in Houston, which is not too far from the Houston Dynamo (soccer/football) stadium. I'm surprised they haven't used Meridian again, which is farther south along the same street. First time i went there they managed to put 4 different rooms and it was pretty sweet. 2nd time I went there to see Gammer, it seemed like they downsized, and the A/C totally wasn't working so I wouldn't be surprised if someone died of a heatstroke there.

And I've been to Avenue 9 and the venue was actually a dance studio. Saw Kevin Energy he first played his hard dance set in the smaller room and we went into the "VIP" room and upstairs there were windows to see down to the main room. Was pretty cool. The main room was big enough for the crowd.

What I didn't like about the event is that it was all ages for the most part. At around 11:45 though they kicked out all the minors thankfully. And some of the DJs played a bit too much off-the-wall stuff. But my friends and I didn't really see the rest of the DJs we only went there to see Kevin and hung out with him between sets and after until the 4 of us called it a night. But that's not much at all different from most other scenes in the US, the community is fueled by themselves and there's no money to bring in more than one headliner. Some of the events barely break even.
Impulse_Response
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've never been to the Villians venue in Houston, which is not too far from the Houston Dynamo (soccer/football) stadium. I'm surprised they haven't used Meridian again, which is farther south along the same street. First time i went there they managed to put 4 different rooms and it was pretty sweet. 2nd time I went there to see Gammer, it seemed like they downsized, and the A/C totally wasn't working so I wouldn't be surprised if someone died of a heatstroke there.

And I've been to Avenue 9 and the venue was actually a dance studio. Saw Kevin Energy he first played his hard dance set in the smaller room and we went into the "VIP" room and upstairs there were windows to see down to the main room. Was pretty cool. The main room was big enough for the crowd.

What I didn't like about the event is that it was all ages for the most part. At around 11:45 though they kicked out all the minors thankfully. And some of the DJs played a bit too much off-the-wall stuff. But my friends and I didn't really see the rest of the DJs we only went there to see Kevin and hung out with him between sets and after until the 4 of us called it a night. But that's not much at all different from most other scenes in the US, the community is fueled by themselves and there's no money to bring in more than one headliner. Some of the events barely break even.

Well as I've said before I don't have a problem with the minors and I think it's great that they can get some exposure to the music as well, though it was kind of awkward having that 4 year old or whatever hanging around. I didn't think they kicked out the minors though. They just said that if they left before a certain time they had to have a parent pick them up, though they didn't actually enforce that.

My problem with Hardcore Essentials 2 was the sound system. It sounded like nothing but awful subs, and the whole night (in both rooms) it was nothing but BBBVBBVVVBVBVVBVBV, nothing but overwhelming rumbly bass. I couldn't hear any melody or lyrics at all. I think anyone who goes through the trouble to put together an event and then makes it sound like complete crap has no business putting an event together and charging for entry. My friend and I spent money on tickets for the event and plane tickets to fly there and it was total crap.

It makes me wonder if that sort of sound is normal at these events. I won't be able to go to HTID Phoenix, but I hope for those who do that they have a proper sound setup.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well as I've said before I don't have a problem with the minors and I think it's great that they can get some exposure to the music as well, though it was kind of awkward having that 4 year old or whatever hanging around. I didn't think they kicked out the minors though. They just said that if they left before a certain time they had to have a parent pick them up, though they didn't actually enforce that.

My problem with Hardcore Essentials 2 was the sound system. It sounded like nothing but awful subs, and the whole night (in both rooms) it was nothing but BBBVBBVVVBVBVVBVBV, nothing but overwhelming rumbly bass. I couldn't hear any melody or lyrics at all. I think anyone who goes through the trouble to put together an event and then makes it sound like complete crap has no business putting an event together and charging for entry. My friend and I spent money on tickets for the event and plane tickets to fly there and it was total crap.

It makes me wonder if that sort of sound is normal at these events. I won't be able to go to HTID Phoenix, but I hope for those who do that they have a proper sound setup.

Unfortunately the US has an infatuation with a ridiculous amount of bass and I despise the events here because of that. I don't remember bass being an issue in Nashville when I went. It was a bit of an issue here in Houston when I went to see Gammer. But the worst issue I had with bass was in Toronto over 2 years ago at the Kart racing venue. Thankfully when I went to Toronto this past December they had the event at the Opera House, and the sound was amazing.
AoS_Lorenzo I'll be there unless my health issues I'm dealing with prevent me from going. So many people to meet!
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by AoS_Lorenzo:
I'll be there unless my health issues I'm dealing with prevent me from going. So many people to meet!

sweet i was gunna ask if you gunna make it.
best wishes dude; hope to see you there with some of these other peeps :)
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
the doctor is darren hotchkiss' dad

Is that true?!

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

Is that true?!

I looked it up awhile back and yea it's true!
Cyrax
quote:
quote:

Is that true?!

No Jay it's actually his Mum

latininxtc Booked my flight for this! And thankfully due to Expedia points and United Airlines miles, my round-trip fair will only cost me $6 USD! I've got a friend with a spare room in PHX so I'll be crashing there and not have to worry about hotel costs, now all I need to do is buy my ticket for the event.
wong
quote:
quote:

Is that true?!

yup

https://www.facebook.com/djthedoctor?fref=ts
AoS_Lorenzo
quote:
quote:
I'll be there unless my health issues I'm dealing with prevent me from going. So many people to meet!

sweet i was gunna ask if you gunna make it.
best wishes dude; hope to see you there with some of these other peeps :)

Just hit me up if you see me. I'll probably be wearing an HU Breaks tshirt with the AoS logo on the back(I got permission to get one made up)!
jimnicricket full line up is out :P
jimnicricket
quote:

Brisk (England)
Dougal (England)
DUNE (Germany)
Hixxy (England)
Ian K (Seattle)
M-Project (Japan)
Nanobii (Sweden)
No Left Turn (San Fran)
Partyraiser (Holland)
Saiyan (Canada)
Scott Brown (Scotland)
Slipmatt (England)
The Doctor (Scotland)
Weaver (Australia)
Vinylgroover (England)

https://soundcloud.com/nanobii
Nanobii is really talented ~ I am so happy he is on the line up ~
trippnface ****KKINGGG STORMMMM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

& these VS sets :')))))

this is legend
latininxtc OMFG I knew Fracus and Darwin and Joey Riot were gonna be there, but Al Storm will be there too!!! It's almost an HU reunion from Total Request Rave 2012 since Jon and Chwhynny will be there! Sadly there's no freeform, I was hoping maybe Kevin Energy would be booked! Would love to see him again!

Now all that's missing is the dreaded MC lineup. I hope Obie is booked!

Full Lineup!

-Friday-

HTID Arena
Upfront Hardcore

Gammer (UK)
Joey Riot (UK)
Fracus & Darwin (UK)
Weaver (Australia)
M-Project (Japan)
The Doctor (UK)
Ian K
No Left Turn
Jason Bouse

Oldskool Til I Die
90's Hardcore and Early Rave

DUNE (Germany)
Slipmatt (UK)
Vinylgroover (UK)
Brisk (UK)
Hixxy (UK)
Breeze vs Dougal (UK)
Simon Apex vs Lostboy
Jimni Cricket
Sparrow

-Saturday-
HTID Arena
Upfront Hardcore

Brisk vs Scott Brown (UK)
Mark Breeze (UK)
Hixxy (UK)
Dougal (UK)
Al Storm (UK)
Nanobii (Sweden)
Saiyan (Canada)
Maromi vs Kitsch
Mako

Harder They Come
Gabber and Hardstyle

Ophidian LIVE (Netherlands)
Partyraiser (Netherlands)
Joey Riot - Destructive Tendencies Set (UK)
Scott Brown (UK)
The Doctor (UK)
Skellism
Cik
S&M
Cormac
In addition to a stellar lineup featuring an array of upfront artists, each night will also feature a 2nd themed area!

Saturday Pre-party TBA!!

I don't know how they'll fit in a pre-party in the schedule since I'm hearing both nights will start at 6PM and end at 3AM. An afterparty makes more sense.
CDJay Part of the MC line-up is announced (Whizzkid/Obie/Mayhem).

We want to add someone though. ATM it's like juggling plates whilst jumping on a trampoline over here

CDJay
Cyrax
quote:
Part of the MC line-up is announced (Whizzkid/Obie/Mayhem).

We want to add someone though. ATM it's like juggling plates whilst jumping on a trampoline over here

CDJay

If you want to MC mate, just do it!

_Jay_

Like, totally redick line-up. If I had more money I'd do it.

Claxton faaackkkkkkkk!!!! I wish this didn't fall on the season of me getting a mortgage. Absolutely gutted I can't go!!
Skidzorz Latininxtc - was that TRR 7? Amazing event. 8 was supposed to be held there as well but the venue was sold in the year interim and the new owners didn't honour the contract, that's why it was moved to June.

And anyone who hasn't seen Saiyan play is in for a treat. He's always quick mixing, double dropping, hopping from genre to genre, and is frequently using a third deck for acapellas and the like. Gammer is about the closet DJ ican think of and even that won't prepare you for him.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Skidzorz:
Latininxtc - was that TRR 7? Amazing event. 8 was supposed to be held there as well but the venue was sold in the year interim and the new owners didn't honour the contract, that's why it was moved to June.

And anyone who hasn't seen Saiyan play is in for a treat. He's always quick mixing, double dropping, hopping from genre to genre, and is frequently using a third deck for acapellas and the like. Gammer is about the closet DJ ican think of and even that won't prepare you for him.

Yes I think it was 7 it was at Kartways. While I liked the venue, the soundsystem was the worst. It was all bass and I hated that. I was at #9, this past December, and although the Opera House was smaller and only had one room, the soundsystem more than made up for the size of the venue. The sound there was just brilliant.

And did Sayian play at this past TRR? I can't remember who played besides Chris Ross, Fracus and Darwin.
Maggers
quote:
faaackkkkkkkk!!!! I wish this didn't fall on the season of me getting a mortgage. Absolutely gutted I can't go!!

In the same boat, plus an out of state wedding to attend 2 weeks before. Really sad to be missing this! Definitely seems like the biggest event the US has ever seen for hardcore. I hope it does well!
AoS_Lorenzo 10 more sleeps away now! Got everything booked. Will 100% be there!
latininxtc THE TIME SLUTS ARE UP!!!

Well not officially, but if you follow the event on SnapChat, which I don't because I find Snapchat pointless, they posted a pic of the time slots. And here it is:

6:00 Jason Bouse
7:00 No left turn
8:00 Ian K
9:00 The Doctor
10:00 M-Project
11:00 Weaver
12:00 Fracus and Darwin
1:00 Gammer
2:00 Luna-C

OldschoolTID
6:00 Sparrow
7:00 Jimni Cricket
8:00 Simon Apex vs. Lostboy
9:00 Hixxy
10:00 Brisk
11:00 Vinylgroover
12:00 Slipmatt
1:00 DUNE
2:00 Breeze and Dougal

Day 2

HC Arena
6:00 Mako
7:00 Kitsch vs. maromi
8:00 Sayian
9:00 nanobii
10:00 Dougal
11:00 Al Storm
12:00 Mark Breeze
1:00 Brisk vs. Scott Brown
2:00 Hixxy

Harder they come
6:00 Cormac
7:00 S&M
8:00 Cik
10:00 Skellism
11:00 Scott Brown
12:00 Chucky
1:00 Ohpidian
2:00 Partyraiser

I'm seeing some people are upset at Dune and Gammer overlapping. But definitely not me. I've seen Gammer so many times I'm fine missing out on his set, especially when I've never seen Dune and this is their first gig in the US.
trippnface
quote:
THE TIME SLUTS ARE UP!!!

Well not officially, but if you follow the event on SnapChat, which I don't because I find Snapchat pointless, they posted a pic of the time slots. And here it is:

6:00 Jason Bouse
7:00 No left turn
8:00 Ian K
10:00 M-Project
11:00 Weaver
12:00 Fracus and Darwin
1:00 Gammer
2:00 Luna-C

OldschoolTID
6:00 Sparrow
7:00 Jimni Cricket
8:00 Simon Apex vs. Lostboy
9:00 Hixxy
10:00 Brisk
11:00 Vinylgroover
12:00 Slipmatt
1:00 DUNE
2:00 Breeze and Dougal

Day 2

HC Arena
6:00 Mako
7:00 Kitsch vs. maromi
8:00 Sayian
9:00 nanobii
10:00 Dougal
11:00 Al Storm
12:00 Mark Breeze
1:00 Brisk vs. Scott Brown
2:00 Hixxy

Harder they come
6:00 Cormac
7:00 S&M
8:00 Cik
10:00 Skellism
11:00 Scott Brown
12:00 Chucky
1:00 Ohpidian
2:00 Partyraiser

I'm seeing some people are upset at Dune and Gammer overlapping. But definitely not me. I've seen Gammer so many times I'm fine missing out on his set, especially when I've never seen Dune and this is their first gig in the US.

no doubt. issue for me is splitting time between fracus & darwin / Slipmatt

though if i catch that pre party i wont necessarily have to worry about missing f & d set.
arpz I'm so impressed by the amount of hype and excitement surrounding this event and a little tiny tiny bit jealous :)

Hope those of you that are at it are loving it!
djDMS Very jealous. Looks like it going DOWN!
AoS_Lorenzo Next level stuff. Went nuts the whole F&D set; MC Enemy was brilliant(You can't say otherwise unless you were there). The vibe & energy was something else. I really feel bad for those who missed this event in general. I even make an appearance on the stage for the Blu Ray of F&D's set. If there is another one next year; IDC where you are in the world and what city it's in.
latininxtc
quote:
Next level stuff. Went nuts the whole F&D set; MC Enemy was brilliant(You can't say otherwise unless you were there). The vibe & energy was something else. I really feel bad for those who missed this event in general. I even make an appearance on the stage for the Blu Ray of F&D's set. If there is another one next year; IDC where you are in the world and what city it's in.

can't really hold location against anybody for not making it. Tickets from the UK/Europe average about $1000, and those from Asia and Australia average more than that. It's certainly an investment. But also if it's in a city that gives visitors of options to do more things then there's that extra incentive to come over. I knew what I wanted to see and do while here that was not rave related, but I highly doubt most people know what is happening around the city. But yea would be sweet to see where it takes place next, perhaps NYC???
The drunken scotsman Would be amazing if they could make it in Vegas, I'd definitely make a huge effort for that. Probably quite unlikely though.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Would be amazing if they could make it in Vegas, I'd definitely make a huge effort for that. Probably quite unlikely though.

Oh, yuck. But nope I can see it being taken to Vegas. Hell they have EDC and this event in no way conflicts with that since they don't play much hardcore at EDC.
wong
quote:
MC Enemy was brilliant(You can't say otherwise unless you were there).

this doesn't surprise me, he's great
trippnface epiccccccc.
AL FKN STORM.

that was maybe my favorite set ever. i have been waiting so damn long for that.
great event; awesome vibes.
some stuff finally off my checklist :p
phoenix weather is just not ideal for raving. TOO HOT. damn good exercise though...
i don't smoke cigarettes either and trying to get fresh air outside just aint happening lol.
saw some old friends; met some awesome UK ravers ; & got to meet AOS which was really cool :). fun stuff dude! ( and those tracks are fkn solid)
no find CDJay; but i did get a pic with m project and storm though :p
m project did drop makina so i am very happy :D.
all in all ; OH YEAH

also; i had no idea M project was dj chucky.... wtf.
_Jay_

Al Storm sets are very special. Both in terms of the music he plays and his demeanor behind the decks - just pure energy. He clearly absolutely loves what he does.

Always a pleasure.

AoS_Lorenzo https://www.facebook.com/lorenzo.aos/videos/1646541518945501/
Claxton Al Storm appears to be extra popular on that side of the Atlantic.

So much praise online for his set.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
MC Enemy was brilliant(You can't say otherwise unless you were there).

this doesn't surprise me, he's great

quote:
Al Storm appears to be extra popular on that side of the Atlantic.

So much praise online for his set.

Yea I think I was a bit surprised at how popular he was here considering how unappreciated he seems he is from UK ravers. But he has two things going for him as to why he was so popular here. One of them is that he hasn't been here in over a decade. He mentioned to me in Spain 3yrs ago that he previously tried to come here without a work VISA and denied entry, and banned from entering the US for a certain amount of time. He was glad he was allowed in this time around, even with proper documentation.

Also, he's an extremely social person, not just on social media. On social media like FB he's very interactive and replies to people in a timely fashion. In person, he's also very friendly and is welcome to talk to anybody. And he spent a lot of time walking around the whole area. Other DJs and MCs did the same, socialize with the ravers and walk around the area, but not as much as Al did. Also he spent a great deal of time here and socialized outside the rave with many locals. It actually blew me away how friendly he was when I first met him in Spain since a lot of his earlier pics on FB he looked like someone just pissed him off lol. And also, the man plays a lot of uplifting, sometimes cheesy tracks in his set, and the US ravers LOVE that stuff. I know they went crazy when he dropped Darwin's ToyTown remix. And as Jay has said he's so full of energy on stage you can't help but get into his sets just watching him alone.
AoS_Lorenzo
quote:

saw some old friends; met some awesome UK ravers ; & got to meet AOS which was really cool :).

You & your friends were the most happiest people to see me. It was awesome :D
latininxtc Ok I know I'm late but fuck it here it is my review of the weekend!

First off I want to start off with, Darren who???

So many whiny cunts on the FB event page were crying about how there was absolutely no Darren leading up to the rave it was unbelievable. Even with a diverse lineup as that, they still wanted him there. Well hopefully they were proven wrong on how much he's actually needed that weekend. So many amazing diverse sets from so many talented DJs, and there was enough DS played in many DJs' sets that hopefully satisfied people's DS fix.

But yes it was an incredible weekend with all sorts of styles of hardcore both nights! I actually spent probably a bit too much time socializing with the UK gang than I should have and not enough time actually checking out some of the sets lol. I think I missed the majority of Vinylgroover's and Luna-C's sets. But I was also helping get DJs to sign the kickstarter project posters that are going out to everyone who paid that level so time not so wasted! I can't complain about missing anyone's set when I had Dune right in front of me and we had a nice brief chat!

But what I did manage to see and hear I loved. Of course I stuck around for the entire Fracus & Darwin set, which I absolutely loved as always! And while MC Enemy is not my favorite MC, he definitely DID NOT disappoint Friday night! He clearly prepared for the set, even lip synced along with the songs, which shows he made an effort to familiarize himself with the tracks in the set, unlike some trainwrecks on the Live At Rehab album. Obie and Mayhem also delivered great performances, as they always do. Whizzkid, he was around, didn't pay much attention to him. I think he was also there during Gammer's set, but that was one performance I wasn't going out of my way to listen to.

One of the most shocking things I heard at the rave was hard techno/shranz! I've never heard it played live anywhere, much less the US. So that totally blew my mind. Was even cooler seeing Nanobii dancing to it, as he's a fan of it and he also said he's rarely ever heard it outside of Sweden, and even in Sweden it's scarce to find. But it was so great seeing Dune, Weaver, The Doctor for the very first time. I was surprised The Doctor was playing UK hardcore, I thought he was more of a gabber hardcore DJ now.

As far as weather goes, yea PHX was hot, like almost 100 degrees both days, but it cools down to the 80s by sundown. And at least there was a nice breeze on the outside, and by the time the event started at 6PM the sun was almost completely down. The venue was actually pretty damn good, there was plenty of room for people around on the inside and outside. The one downfall about the outside area was that it was concrete parking and it was at a slant, so you didn't really get a good dancing floor. But it was so refreshing being outside compared to the inside, which felt like it had little to no A/C.

The major issue with the venue was the alcohol situation for the first night. Only ages 21+ were allowed in this small room to get alcohol, and you had to stay in this area until you finished your drink or dumped it. So there was a ridiculous line to get in the place, and then another insane line to get alcohol. At least they gave you some area to hang outside the room and see the stage. Perfect corner view! Sadly they took this away the 2nd night, but they made the alcohol section much bigger and in a more open area. They made the small room a VIP room, which was great to mingle and socialize with the DJs that were there. It's a shame though they never gave an alcohol section for those that wanted to drink and enjoy the outside venue. Also the venue was in a pretty shady area, surrounded by warehouses. If you drove here or rode a taxi or uber it's not that big of a deal, but I took the bus and got off 4 stops early so that was one of more more uncomfortable walks at night lol.

I think the biggest complaint for me during the 2-night event is how little new stuff I heard from the big names that played. Yes Darwin, Fracus and Al Storm definitely played a lot of new stuff, more-so Fracus and Darwin, but my god I was wondering if the main room was the Old Skool room for both nights sometimes. It makes me wonder whether these DJs are responsible for the US scenes being behind or stagnant on hearing new stuff or they just know they won't appreciate it as much. Not hating on hearing so many great hits from the 2000s, but I'd like to hear some new material as well!

The preparty was fun as hell, in an arcade/bar place in Tempe, a city east of PHX. Took me forever to get there, wished it was closer, but well worth the trip! They have a shit ton of video game systems new and old that you can play with, I think it's unlimited plays. Not enough room to dance there but still was a lot of fun!

Best time I had there was definitely outside of both events, having dinner and Uber-riding with the HU crew and others Saturday night! My god I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! I swear if you haven't already take a chance to hang out with them outside of a rave they are such great people!

So all in all, a great time and I almost think perhaps this should be the HTID USA Weekender's permanent home, unless they want to travel around and have it in a different city every year I'd be welcomed to that. BUT they can't downscale it from here on out, they either HAVE to keep it as a weekender now or make it into one fucking brilliant night, with multiple rooms and longer hours! Definitely hope to see the same group of people come back as well, especially the HU crew and Al Storm!

Oh and for those who get this, never forget!!!

arpz nice review mate :)
_Jay_

Nice review, Stevo. Sounds like a hell of a weekend.

Depending on location I might see if I can make next years. Would love to experience a US crowd one day!

Flights from London aren't cheap though, are they. Just had a look. Christ.

latininxtc
quote:

Nice review, Stevo. Sounds like a hell of a weekend.

Depending on location I might see if I can make next years. Would love to experience a US crowd one day!

Flights from London aren't cheap though, are they. Just had a look. Christ.

Looking at them during these times is the worst thing ever. Usually all flights during the weekends show up at a higher price. Check back on Tuesday-Thursday they should be more reasonable. Also, it's the holiday season so that will probably contribute to the high prices as well.

But also since Phoenix is a smaller city, flying to and from has limited options. A lot of the DJs were booked on flights with multiple layovers, so my guess is that's the cheaper option. There is a direct flight to and from London through Phoenix, but again since it's only one airline they'll charge whatever they feel like.

For a cheap flight your best option would be if they go back to LA since they have numerous flights, especially direct flights, to and from London so the prices will be less. Or even NYC or Chicago would be cheaper as well than a smaller city option.
_Jay_
quote:
Looking at them during these times is the worst thing ever. Usually all flights during the weekends show up at a higher price. Check back on Tuesday-Thursday they should be more reasonable. Also, it's the holiday season so that will probably contribute to the high prices as well.

lol. I was looking at Wednesday to Monday in March next year.

quote:
But also since Phoenix is a smaller city, flying to and from has limited options. A lot of the DJs were booked on flights with multiple layovers, so my guess is that's the cheaper option. There is a direct flight to and from London through Phoenix, but again since it's only one airline they'll charge whatever they feel like.

For a cheap flight your best option would be if they go back to LA since they have numerous flights, especially direct flights, to and from London so the prices will be less. Or even NYC or Chicago would be cheaper as well than a smaller city option.

Yeah, non-direct would be the way to go I guess.

Well, we'll see. I'll just wait for when it's announced and see what the crack is.

AoS_Lorenzo Skinny/Fracus/Darwin flew into Dallas then Phoenix
CDJay/Chwhynny flew into Minneapolis then Phoenix

wong
quote:

he really is a good mc. not many of them about now.

latininxtc
quote:
quote:

he really is a good mc. not many of them about now.

He was amazing during the event, I've heard him live before in Spain and he wasn't too bad there. But it was seeing clips of events after that where I found him to be pretty damn annoying. His fee fi foe fum shit is absolutely obnoxious and so ****ing played out, and him reciting his Don't Stop lyrics in out of place tracks has also grown tiresome, he needs new material. But I'll certainly keep an open mind with him again now. BTW, here's one of his more unintentionally funny moments on stage!

https://youtu.be/WO7fONgYeME?t=204
The drunken scotsman Always thought Enemy is one of the better MC's in hardcore. 2nd behind Whizzkid for me. Seems a decent guy every time I've spoke with him too.
latininxtc To all you skanks that missed out, which is pretty much everyone except for like 3 of us, Al Storm re-created his set from this event and is now available on soundcloud for free!

https://soundcloud.com/alstorm/htidusa-alstorm-arizona-2015
_Jay_

Top set. Enjoyed that.

Guest you can hit the NYE in south hampton

http://sidewinderevents.com/htid/htid-raverbaby/htid-nye-2015/

It took 6.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page