Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Not even an honorable mention!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Elipton
DJ SMALOUM on the one hand it's sad but on the other hand that's the beauty of happy hardcore to be an underground style
Audio Warfare I can't say I'm at all shocked at that tbh! Hardcore is a very small scene with limited commercial appeal.
The Stisk can't see anything, am i missing something???
Samination I like WatchMojo, but their Top10 are based on what US americans might like.

Also the soaring BPM comment during the Hardstyle segment made me chuckly. :P
ViolonC That channel does noting else than shitty TOP X. There is litterally no cheaper way to create "content" that everybody "likes".
#10 already lets you know that you can stop the video right there.
DJ D-Luc-D That was the most cancerous thing I've ever seen.

The funniest part was when they said footwork evolved from DnB.
latininxtc One good thing about WatchMojo is that it always drums up discussion, but for all the wrong reasons of course. Shit list from a dying youtube channel. Some of their top 10 are beyond ridiculous, it makes BuzzFeed look like NPR news.
Hard2Get Hardcore getting a mention in any kind of popularity contest is only a bad thing.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
One good thing about WatchMojo is that it always drums up discussion, but for all the wrong reasons of course. Shit list from a dying youtube channel. Some of their top 10 are beyond ridiculous, it makes BuzzFeed look like NPR news.

About a month ago, they released a Top 10 TV Owls
Impulse_Response That video was awful and some of those examples made no sense. It was so awful that they even had to add a note saying that one of the Aphex Twin examples they used was incorrect and they were going to reprimand someone, but if they just have "some guy" putting videos together then they obviously don't care about any of the music and their videos are meaningless (which is already obvious from the fact they churn out nothing but random "Top 10" videos).

Also, house being labelled #1 was just to predictable.
Guest its all down to the middleclass pussies who think they are street n urban and can`t handle hardcore, so they all have to think they are hard with drum & bass because all the other music is twice as gay
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:

About a month ago, they released a Top 10 TV Owls

who?*

*animal noise, not question! too tempting. :D

silver The guy talking on it sounded 18 and did all his research from wikipedia. With that said it's not a "where did EDM music come from?" video which would have to include hardcore and rave music of the early 90's to be valid at all.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
its all down to the middleclass pussies who think they are street n urban and can`t handle hardcore, so they all have to think they are hard with drum & bass because all the other music is twice as gay

Are you Rogue from USH?
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
its all down to the middleclass pussies who think they are street n urban and can`t handle hardcore, so they all have to think they are hard with drum & bass because all the other music is twice as gay

Are you Rogue from USH?

That's who I was thinking of! I said the same a while ago but couldn't remember the name!
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

Are you Rogue from USH?

That's who I was thinking of! I said the same a while ago but couldn't remember the name!

I've been thinking it for a while but the "middle class pussies", "can't handle hardcore", "twice as gay" with a drum and bass reference have to be him!
Guest word, i`ll be parked outside of http://www.lakota.co.uk/events-tickets/173-hardcore-velocity-may-8th-2015 later in my pimped car selling bags of weed
oxis if it was more popular we would have hordes of people going "muh hardcore 10 years ago"

EDIT: hah, i actually decided to watch the video

awful list imo, no breakbeat, no nu disco, no (real) ambient, no uk garage, no gabber mention, no jungle, didnt even try to not place house as no1 like every single list ever, half the stuff they played at dubstep and ambient are not dubstep or ambient. pretty silly

also i cant believe they placed a dead genre at #2
Triquatra Can't bring myself to watch it, anyone care to write the "top 10" down?! :P
oxis
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Can't bring myself to watch it, anyone care to write the "top 10" down?! :P

10. Electro
9. Industrial
8. Ambient (very, VERY thinly veiled, as in they have no idea what ambient is)
7. Dubstep (they didn't actually play any dubstep, they played electro house and similar genres)
6. Hardstyle
5. Acid House
4. DnB
3. Techno
2. Trance
1. House (duh)

honorable mentions: Moombahton, Nu-Disco, Bass Music, Trap, Downtempo (this one made me especially mad since they played a song from one of my favourite albums), UK Garage.
quote:
Originally posted by oxis:

7. Dubstep (they didn't actually play any dubstep, they played electro house and similar genres)

probably trap
Hard2Get That Hardstyle can be number 6 shows how bad it's gotten.
Triquatra Hmmm, to be picky, would you really call them "sub"-genres? House, Trance, DnB etc tend to be the main genre that others branch out from...

It's actually quite hard to rank them in order, I think mine would have looked more like this, what about everyone else?

10. Hardstyle
09. Big Beat
08. Dubstep
07. House
06. Garage
05. Drum N Bass
04. Trance
03. Happy Hardcore
02. "Old skool" Freeform and Breakbeat (Ooooo, he broke the rules!)
01. DJ Hixxy - shooting starGlitch

Still not happy with it...I mean I wanted to write "nu disco" in there...but then that would come under "house"....or progressive trance...that'd be under Trance alongside euphoric trance.....

What a headache! :P Hard because I like them all equally, to be fair.
jordesuvi Hmm, interesting but I think just putting "house" is too broad a term to be classed a single genre.

If I was to create a more realistic list that applies to current music trends:

10. Jungle Terror
09. Dubstep
08. Tropical House
07. Moombah / Twerk
06. Drum & Bass
05. Trance
04. Big Room House
03. Progressive House
02. Trap

Honourable mentions:
Glitch Hop
UK Garage
Tech House
Moombahton / Twerk
Jersey Club / Future Bass
Nu Disco / Indie Dance
Hardstyle

01. Future ("Deep") House

I do feel that no matter what order the list was in there would be an abundance of complaints.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
Hmm, interesting but I think just putting "house" is too broad a term to be classed a single genre.

It may be "broad", but that's just how it is. If I went into sub-genres of house there would be no room for any other genres or sub-genres on the list, lol.

You're not allowed to cancel house as a genre, it's the law! :P That'd be like doing unto Jupiter what was done unto Pluto! :D

ViolonC I don't think there is a need to split up House. While there is a large variety of House Styles they almost all share a common core and are easily recognizable as house - even further there seems to be a common sound design that changes over time but is shares across the sub genres of the same time. Let it be Euro House or Complextro, you know it when you hear it.
jordesuvi
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
Hmm, interesting but I think just putting "house" is too broad a term to be classed a single genre.

It may be "broad", but that's just how it is. If I went into sub-genres of house there would be no room for any other genres or sub-genres on the list, lol.

Yeah but that's like saying Tech House and Big Room House are the same thing. The types of people following those genres are completely different. Meeeehh.
Triquatra
Bee-Trax We've thought long and hard about this, and to be fair we think he left a few of the big ones out. So ours would have looked more like this. We think it's a little more fair.

10. '99 UFO/Hixxy happy hardcore
9. '99 UFO/Hixxy happy hardcore
8. '99 UFO/Hixxy happy hardcore
7. '99 UFO/Hixxy happy hardcore
6. '99 UFO/Hixxy happy hardcore
5. '99 UFO/Hixxy happy hardcore
4. '99 UFO/Hixxy happy hardcore
3. '99 UFO/Hixxy happy hardcore
2. '99 UFO/Hixxy happy hardcore
1. '99 UFO/Hixxy happy hardcore

We did think about putting House in there, but at the moment we're listening.. *let me just check*

Yes, at the moment we're listening to Hixxy's mix on bonkers 7 and it's really good, so we don't think there is any room for house.

At all.
danielseven The fact that this chart included "ambient" as EDM genre (and isn't even sounding like ambient at all - have you ever heard Brian Eno?) makes you think about how accurate this thing is.
Samination I dont think I know 10 'EDM' subgenres that I like. I think it's easier to list genre's I dislike instead :P

Oh well, I will try (but from 1 to whatever gets last)

01: Makina
02: Nu-style Hardcore (Dutch 00 and later)
03: Freeform
04: Hardcore (British)
05: Happy Hardcore
06: Hard Trance
07: Psychadelic Trance
08: EBM/Industrial Synth...?
09: Whatever Royksopp might be (based on what WM thinks, Ambient?)
choonland
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I dont think I know 10 'EDM' subgenres that I like.

Yeah, I feel the same, I may like a few songs within a genre, without actually liking the genre as a whole.

my list would be something like this:

01: UK Hardcore
02: Makina
03: 90's Eurodance
04: Psy trance, especially the fast and dark styles
05: Frenchcore
06: 90's Trance
07: old jungle
08: old Hardstyle
09: EBM/Industrial
10: Melodic Hardtrance

It took 1.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page