Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 New HU (May 4th Release)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
arpz There's some new releases on the HU store for preorder with shipping on May 4th. Really excited about all of them to be quite honest, it's taken a while to see stuff appearing this year so I'm chomping at the bit :)

What's with the cat# on the Chris Unknown one though? Damnit... :) (very minor complaint)

Anyway, would be good to see what people are saying on these ones :)

CHRIS UNKNOWN - I'M ALIVE (2XCD) - HUCUCD001
http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/80

CD1 - Full Length Tracks

01. Chris Unknown & Re-Con Feat. Gavin Beach ? I?m Alive
02. Chris Unknown & Darren Styles ? Freak
03. Chris Unknown ? I Don?t Need No Drugs
04. Chris Unknown, Re-Con & Klubfiller ? Takin Me Back
05. Chris Unknown ? Killa Sound
06. Chris Unknown & Gammer ? Raise Ur F*cking Hands!
07. Chris Unknown & Re-Con ? Summer Haze
08. Chris Unknown & Re-Con ? Summer Haze (Dirty Mix)
09. Chris Unknown ? Get Down
10. Chris Unknown & Klubfiller ? Falling
11. Chris Unknown & Re-Con ? Take Me Up
12. Chris Unknown & Mark Breeze ? A Different Stylee
13. Chris Unknown, Re-Con & Klubfiller ? Money Bitch
14. Chris Unknown - Shake
15. Chris Unknown & Re-Con ? I Can Follow
16. Chris Unknown & Alex Prospect ? Need You Everyday
17. Chris Unknown, Re-Con & Klubfiller ? Drop The Beat

CD2 - Mixed By Chris Unknown

01. Chris Unknown & Re-Con Feat. Gavin Beach ? I?m Alive
02. Chris Unknown & Mark Breeze ? A Different Stylee
03. Chris Unknown & Re-Con ? Summer Haze
04. Chris Unknown & Re-Con ? Summer Haze (Dirty Mix)
05. Chris Unknown & Re-Con ? Take Me Up
06. Chris Unknown ? Get Down
07. Chris Unknown & Darren Styles ? Freak
08. Chris Unknown & Alex Prospect ? Need You Everyday
09. Chris Unknown& Gammer ? Raise Ur F*cking Hands!
10. Chris Unknown, Re-Con & Klubfiller ? Takin Me Back
11. Chris Unknown ? Killa Sound
12. Chris Unknown, Re-Con & Klubfiller ? Money Bitch
13. Chris Unknown & Klubfiller ? Falling
14. Chris Unknown ? I Don?t Need No Drugs
15. Chris Unknown & Re-Con ? I Can Follow
16. Chris Unknown, Re-Con & Klubfiller ? Drop The Beat
17. Chris Unknown - Shake

JUSTICE HARDCORE PRESENTS: IYF & NOBODY - THE CLASH OF THE TITANS (1XCD) - JHCOTT001
http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/79

01. IYF & Nobody Vs. Gazy J - Clash Of The Titans
02. IYF & Nobody - Free Today
03. IYF & Nobody Feat. Roxie - Like A Prayer
04. IYF & Nobody Feat. Hyperforce & Lynsey D - The Look
05. IYF & Nobody - Watch This Shit
06. IYF & Nobody Feat. Hyperforce - Over Now
07. IYF & Nobody Feat. Lynsey D - Bolt Out The Blue
08. IYF & Nobody Feat. Pocket Rocket - Hard To Feel
09. IYF & Nobody Feat. Lynsey D - There For You
10. IYF & Nobody Feat. Roxie - Follow Me
11. Auscore - Let the Good Times Roll (IYF & Nobody Remix)
12. IYF & Nobody Feat. Roxie - Higher Love
13. IYF & Nobody Feat. Deanne - Body Shoxx
14. IYF & Nobody - Blue
15. IYF & Nobody vs Bubble Feat. Millo - Release The Kracken

24/7 HARDCORE PRESENTS: THE 100 SERIES (1XCD) - 247HCLP003
http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/78

01. Al Storm & Euphony Feat. Danielle - Breathe (Scott Brown Remix)
02. Bang! Vs. Al Storm Feat. Nikki Mak - Breakin Thru? (DJ Shimamura Remix)
03. Al Storm Feat. Taya - Stars Collide (B-Man & Gisbo Remix)
04. Al Storm - Dirtbox (Alex Prospect Mix)
05. Black & White - 2 Bad, 2 Rude (Al Storm Mix)
06. Al Storm & Rampant Feat. Taya - A Place For Us (The Big Kick Mix)
07. Sy & Al Storm - Haunted (M-Project Remix)
08. Alan Aztec Feat. Gemma Macleod - Talk To Me (Al Storm Remix)
09. Seduction & Al Storm - Wont Forget You (Dave Castellano & Fat Steve Remix)10. Al Storm - Jumpin (Transcend & Cyrax Remix)
11. Al Storm & Euphony - Taste The Silence (Raver Baby Revival Mix)
12. Kutski & Eat Rave - Original Muffin (Radiokillaz Remix)
latininxtc What about the cat #? I see nothing wrong with it. It's the only one of the 3 that even has HU in it's cat.#
arpz It's a fresh numbering system!

Why?! :(
GrahamC Hardcore Underground Chris Unknown Compact Disc 001

makes sense to me.

Will be ordering them all except this after the Sy saga.
arpz It makes sense, but why isn't it just HUDSCD019 or whatever we're upto now?
djDMS HUCUCD001

Chris Unknown's 1st CD on Hardcore Underground, simple!

Oh, and really looking forward to the Al Storm CD.
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
HUCUCD001

Chris Unknown's 1st CD on Hardcore Underground, simple!

I get it and I'm OBVIOUSLY in the minority about caring :D
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
It makes sense, but why isn't it just HUDSCD019 or whatever we're upto now?

Hmm, you do bring up an interesting point. Looking at the catalog numbers on discogs, HU is a total mess in regards to a consistent catalog system. You've got the first 2 Fracus & Darwin albums, as well as the CLSM and Marc Smith albums under the HUAACD catalog #s. Then you've got everything from HU6 on after under the HUDSCD catalog. Hardcore Innovators 2 and Powerstomp 2 are under a separate LTDSCD catalog #. Then you have albums like No Sweat- The High Grade, DJ Rescue- Bombs Away, and the Klubbed Up album not even under an HU catalog label.

The most consistent cataloging is from the free giveaway CDs. So for me who used to like to organize their tracks by label name first then their catalog #, it might actually get annoying. But that was more for DJing purposes and since I no longer DJ it's not that big of a deal anymore.

But I am with Dean on this one I'm mostly looking forward to the Al Storm Album! The Justice Hardcore album I'll wait for the previews on that one. I'm not a huge fan of American-produced UK hardcore so the previews will have to blow me away on that one. As far as Chris Unknown's album goes, I'll wait for it when it's available for a gift with purchase deal, or when it gets down to HU Presents: 2013 price range, whichever comes first.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Hmm, you do bring up an interesting point. Looking at the catalog numbers on discogs, HU is a total mess in regards to a consistent catalog system.

You make it sound like Jon's running Sony or BMI, this is hardcore the scene itself is barely organized. So if anything his "disorganization" is in tune with the norm of the scene.
trippnface nice i def wana pick up that 24/7 disc.
i duno if i can trust unknown though
though once they tell us when HU breaks 2 is out/comes out, i'll pick some stuff up ;P
trippnface
quote:
quote:

Hmm, you do bring up an interesting point. Looking at the catalog numbers on discogs, HU is a total mess in regards to a consistent catalog system. You've got the first 2 Fracus & Darwin albums, as well as the CLSM and Marc Smith albums under the HUAACD catalog #s. Then you've got everything from HU6 on after under the HUDSCD catalog. Hardcore Innovators 2 and Powerstomp 2 are under a separate LTDSCD catalog #. Then you have albums like No Sweat- The High Grade, DJ Rescue- Bombs Away, and the Klubbed Up album not even under an HU catalog label.

The most consistent cataloging is from the free giveaway CDs. So for me who used to like to organize their tracks by label name first then their catalog #, it might actually get annoying. But that was more for DJing purposes and since I no longer DJ it's not that big of a deal anymore.

But I am with Dean on this one I'm mostly looking forward to the Al Storm Album! The Justice Hardcore album I'll wait for the previews on that one. I'm not a huge fan of American-produced UK hardcore so the previews will have to blow me away on that one. As far as Chris Unknown's album goes, I'll wait for it when it's available for a gift with purchase deal, or when it gets down to HU Presents: 2013 price range, whichever comes first.

i thought they were both American but i just looked at IYF soundcloud and says hes from UK . weird
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
quote:

Hmm, you do bring up an interesting point. Looking at the catalog numbers on discogs, HU is a total mess in regards to a consistent catalog system.

You make it sound like Jon's running Sony or BMI, this is hardcore the scene itself is barely organized. So if anything his "disorganization" is in tune with the norm of the scene.

arpz Well the Lethal Theory stuff is distributed by HU but is a different label entirely, as with the Rescue/No Sweat etc bits but since the Chris Unknown stuff is on HU then I'd have figured it would've continued on with the numbering.

I'm not actually arsed about it though, sorry, it's come across like I'm really concerned about the numbering system.

As for not buying it because of the Sy stuff...really? None of us know the full story, it's none of my business and it certainly isn't gonna stop me from buying anything from either camp. The scene is small enough as it is, without these two warring factions.

I'm really excited about the Al Storm one, looks excellent
CDJay It's true, dance labels are known for consistency with subsets and systems in such matters. In fact, pretty sure an archivist is a default role.

I will fire our A&R dept, post haste, and hire one.

CDJay
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
It's true, dance labels are known for consistency with subsets and systems in such matters. In fact, pretty sure an archivist is a default role.

I will fire our A&R dept, post haste, and hire one.

CDJay

Excellent. ;)
CDJay Also really trying not to rise to Ellipton, but not everyone has access to a Large Hadron Collider *and* an inverted model. If you think you can do better then do what *I* did and actually do it. If you're still standing when HU is ashes then you have my permission to gloat.

CDJay

Elipton
quote:
Also really trying not to rise to Ellipton, but not everyone has access to a Large Hadron Collider *and* an inverted model. If you think you can do better then do what *I* did and actually do it. If you're still standing when HU is ashes then you have my permission to gloat.

CDJay

I didn't even need to say anything to get you riled this time! I quoted another member with their own quip, actually.

I don't know how to respond to your post to be honest. Are you really that childish that you want to compare knob sizes?
CDJay Given your recent predilections, I was already riled.

So... As I said, if you have all the answers *do* something. It's easy to be an armchair manager, *I* did that. Prove you're right, and that won't actually be a bad thing.

CDJay
CDJay In fact, my biggest compliant is that people with assets and potential effectiveness do nothing, whilst we're expected to fight with hands behind back and a blindfold whilst being critiqued for our posture and awareness. Join us in the fight, I dare ya.

CDJay

Elipton You presume that I've recently grown a bias? I make my opinion on observation.

I've done everything in music that I've wanted to do, but I've never had anything to prove - and nor have I had anything to lose by sharing my opinion
CDJay In which case i can be afforded the same right. The difference being I have to operate within the confines of presented reality, whilst as a fringe non electable party you can make as many wild predictions and speculative interpretations with no fear of having to actually implement.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
Also really trying not to rise to Ellipton, but not everyone has access to a Large Hadron Collider *and* an inverted model. If you think you can do better then do what *I* did and actually do it. If you're still standing when HU is ashes then you have my permission to gloat.

CDJay

I didn't even need to say anything to get you riled this time! I quoted another member with their own quip, actually.

Could have worked better had you put my SN somewhere in that post so you would look less of a cunt than you normally do.
Elipton You're very poetic. I don't make wild predictions and I don't make speculative interpretations, I form opinions on what I see and hear, and I regularly share them.

If you're uneasy with people having opinions and making observations, consider how you present your company. If you have less interest in your company's presentation than you do your products, don't get riled when people make observations and opinions.

And what 'fight'?

edit: what's an SN?
Mansy I carnt wait for all 3 of these. Justice hardcore never fails to impress and 24/7 is just......well its 24/7 FFS! I still think im going to get the chris unknown one, although i hate what happend with the whole sy issue the man was still partly (along side SY) responisble for creating some lf the best hardcore tracks over the years.
Rodz90
quote:
Given your recent predilections, I was already riled.

So... As I said, if you have all the answers *do* something. It's easy to be an armchair manager, *I* did that. Prove you're right, and that won't actually be a bad thing.

CDJay

He did, it was called Zonkers and it was done in such a disorganised way he managed to piss off a load of producers. Speaks volumes for itself really.
DJMatjestix Really looking forward to the 24/7 100 CD!! Enjoyed a lot of what came out on the label.

I will get the Justice Hardcore release as the label has had a few great tracks released and to support the up and coming talent, listened o a few of the clips and it doesn't sound bad!

Although Chris Unknown hasn't exactly blown me away over the years I think this album looks alright. Includes a lot of collaborations with other artists which can only be a good thing looking at the names! Looks like I will be getting the lot this time around?

I was expecting the Entity album tho but ahhh well.. :/
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:

CDJay

He did, it was called Zonkers and it was done in such a disorganised way he managed to piss off a load of producers. Speaks volumes for itself really.

It was actually very well organised, but It wasn't organisation that ruffled feathers. Whichever way that project is interpreted, it was a success for me personally as it catapulted my name and made me very popular through 2011/2012 (and I'm still benefiting from that momentum)
Triquatra Really looking forward to "24/7 Hardcore Presents: The 100 Series"!

Very curious to hear "Al Storm - Jumpin (Transcend & Cyrax Remix)" I loved the pizzicato breakdown in the original and interested to see where they took the song! Then things like "Scott Brown Remix" and "Big Kick Remix" have also made my nipples tender.

Been out of "it" for a while now and as soon as we get our internet back (**** you BT and house move!) I'm looking forward to fisting the internet for new songs.

I'm curious about the Unknown/Justice Hardcore album, because I haven't been paying much attention the past year or so, bring myself "up to date" and what not. Only 4 months into 2015, exciting times already :)
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by DJMatjestix:
Really looking forward to the 24/7 100 CD!! Enjoyed a lot of what came out on the label.

I will get the Justice Hardcore release as the label has had a few great tracks released and to support the up and coming talent, listened o a few of the clips and it doesn't sound bad!

Although Chris Unknown hasn't exactly blown me away over the years I think this album looks alright. Includes a lot of collaborations with other artists which can only be a good thing looking at the names! Looks like I will be getting the lot this time around?

I was expecting the Entity album tho but ahhh well.. :/

me want Entity!
CDJay Entity album will hit in the next batch of releases, with HU7. Think the Obie album is near complete too. Good things come in threes, apparently

CDJay
trippnface
quote:
Entity album will hit in the next batch of releases, with HU7. Think the Obie album is near complete too. Good things come in threes, apparently

CDJay

niceee.
what of that der HU breaks 2 ?
DJMatjestix
quote:
Entity album will hit in the next batch of releases, with HU7. Think the Obie album is near complete too. Good things come in threes, apparently

CDJay

Good to hear! It will be worth the wait :)
Vladel I'm especially impressed with all the track previews that aren't there
Rodz90
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

It was actually very well organised, but It wasn't organisation that ruffled feathers. Whichever way that project is interpreted, it was a success for me personally as it catapulted my name and made me very popular through 2011/2012 (and I'm still benefiting from that momentum)

Maybe so, but take a look at Ken Masters to see how a project like that is actually done without the mess.
Triquatra Entity album, can't wait for that :D!

Going to need to start saving my pennies I think! :)
arpz There's at least two people in this thread that come across like complete ****s.

djDMS
quote:
There's at least two people in this thread that come across like complete ****s.

Sorry
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

Maybe so, but take a look at Ken Masters to see how a project like that is actually done without the mess.

I know how he runs them, I processed the visuals, websites and branding for his label and the past 2 album projects.

The ethos with which the projects were conceived were the difference. I knew that whether my project went ahead or kicked up a storm, it'd still draw lots of attention. In the end, it was all anyone was talking about for Summer 2010, and people wanted to know who it was they were talking about, and that propelled my music.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I'm especially impressed with all the track previews that aren't there

i didn't find the IYF & Nobody previews too exciting
the 24/7 will be nice im sure; screw the previews ;p
as far as unknown you can can catch a few of those new tracks in this guestmix
https://soundcloud.com/sghardcore/venom-drive-podcast-ep-9-viperstar-chris-unknown-guest-mix

not a fan of his style of hardcore evolution either honestly. im sure there will be one or 2 good tracks though...
Vladel Yeah I know you can look around but my point is I shouldn't have to. In car terms, I shouldn't have to visit a Nissan dealership to test drive a ford.
versia Nice to see HU doing good business but there is nothing here I'd personally buy yet. Still waiting for some of their certain previously talked about projects to come to fruition.
trippnface
quote:
Yeah I know you can look around but my point is I shouldn't have to. In car terms, I shouldn't have to visit a Nissan dealership to test drive a ford.

no doubt i def feel ya

trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
Nice to see HU doing good business but there is nothing here I'd personally buy yet. Still waiting for some of their certain previously talked about projects to come to fruition.

right!? more HU stuff!!
they showcase hella other crews work; i hardly ever hear any other teams throw out HU name though..
not to mention HU releases kill every other labels.
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
Nice to see HU doing good business but there is nothing here I'd personally buy yet. Still waiting for some of their certain previously talked about projects to come to fruition.

right!? more HU stuff!!
they showcase hella other crews work; i hardly ever hear any other teams throw out HU name though..
not to mention HU releases kill every other labels.

^ this.
CDJay Clips should be up tomorrow

CDJay
Cyrax All clips are here :

https://soundcloud.com/alstorm/sets/the-100-series
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
All clips are here :

Wowwww, loving pretty much all of them! Wicked
CDJay Cyrax wins Freeform for being nice

CDJay
Mortis Clips for some of the Unknown album have gone up: https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/sets/chris-unknown-im-alive-preview
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Clips for some of the Unknown album have gone up: https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/sets/chris-unknown-im-alive-preview

The only track I enjoy there is Takin' Me Back. Love the vocals there.

If Raise Ur Fucking Hands came out 3 years ago I probably would have enjoyed it, but I'm sick to death of the formula of starting out with a great lead only to end with a shit drop. That trend got old really fast, like the triple beat mess that came out like 6 years ago.

Killa Sound is a perfect example why Chris Unknown shouldn't do anything by himself.

A Different Stylee isn't too bad, but I don't envision myself warming up to it all that much either.
latininxtc
quote:
All clips are here :

Breathe remix is an ok, but I think the Scott Brown sound is getting a bit boring for me lately.

Really love Shimamura's remix of Breakin Thru, so much diversity in that one, piano riffs and electric guitars!

Stars Collide remix is really fun!

Dirtbox remix is one badass remix, been a fan of it ever since I first heard it on the HU live album.

Aside from the Bad Boys sample, 2 Bad 2 Rude is Al Storm quirkiness at its best!

Haunted actually makes for a great powerstomp remix. M-Project does not disappoint with this one!

Other than that high-pitched mess that came on around 0:35, I absolutely love the energy from the Talk To Me remix! Real stomper of a tune!

A Place For Us remix has this happy hardcore vibe combined with modern hardstyle that I am loving! Should be a big hit on the dancefloor.

I haven't been the biggest fan of Fat Steve & Dave Castellano projects in the past, but they did Won't Forget You justice.

Is Jumpin' even considered a remix??? Almost completely unrecognizable from the original, and a track that I could never have imagined anybody able to do anything different with it. But taking it the freeform route, just wow!

Taste the Silence remix I find to be much better than the original. I couldn't even remember the original until I looked for it on YouTube. But yes, the remix improves on the original!

Original Muffin sounds good, but it might not be a track that gets a lot of play on my end since I'm not a huge fan of rave breaks.

All in all amazing album! HU certainly does 24/7's 100th release justice here! I kind of wish HU was around at the level it is now when Evolution had their 100th release. It probably would have been a higher quality project had it been a CD release than a digital album.
Cyrax
quote:

Is Jumpin' even considered a remix??? Almost completely unrecognizable from the original, and a track that I could never have imagined anybody able to do anything different with it. But taking it the freeform route, just wow!

We originally wanted to remix a vocal anthem but either someone else was already doing one or we picked a track that had been done a few to many times.

There was a point when the remix pack arrived that we thought we wouldnt be able to do it due to the way the original was set out, I am sure I saw a worried look on Transcend's face as this was slightly out of the comfort zone.

Glad we did though as feedback has been positive so far.

Triquatra
quote:

Is Jumpin' even considered a remix??? Almost completely unrecognizable from the original,

silly bugger, either you need to re listen to the original, or you need to re-read the definition of remix!

Brilliant remix! I love how it took the main melody and stuffed it right down the freeform pipe, what came out the other end was brilliant! :)

One of my favourite things in music is when producers take songs and *actually* remix them right down to changing the style of the track. It echo's back to the mid 90s when you'd buy a CD single and you'd get 5 tracks on them and they'd all be totally different styles: Dune's Who Want's To Live Forever is a good example there...original ballad thing then a drum n bass remix, a eurodance styled remix and then a hardcore remix. Last time I checked mainstream the official remixes all seemed to be on exactly the same sound. I can't remember what it was....Lana Dull Ray - Young And Beautiful, I think.

Anyway. Internet running low here, so have only had the chance to listen to that remix, looking forward to hearing the other clips whence the internet has charged back up.
alstorm Haha I think the remix is great, completely different vibe from the original, really cool .. also gives me space to do a slightly refreshed update down the line! So yeah .. Thanks again!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:

Is Jumpin' even considered a remix??? Almost completely unrecognizable from the original,

silly bugger, either you need to re listen to the original, or you need to re-read the definition of remix!

I know what a remix is you cumdumpster!

I'm just saying so much work has been involved in this remix it goes above and beyond what you normally expect from a remix. To take it from bouncy hardcore and convert Jumpin' to a freeform track is a huge surprise, but it certainly pays off!

It's definitely one of my favorites from the album!
Mickey Init
quote:
quote:

We originally wanted to remix a vocal anthem but either someone else was already doing one or we picked a track that had been done a few to many times.

There was a point when the remix pack arrived that we thought we wouldnt be able to do it due to the way the original was set out, I am sure I saw a worried look on Transcend's face as this was slightly out of the comfort zone.

Yeah, great effort there - completely different angle!

Impulse_Response
quote:

I agree with what others said: excellent remix! As soon as I heard it I knew it was my favorite one on the album. Of course I'm a huge fan of everything you make.
djDMS Those 2 are seriously doing the business right now.

Freeform for everyone.
alstorm If there was a like button, I would like so totally like those comments right now . Totally
Triquatra
quote:
I'm just saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UxXW6tfl2Y0#t=81
alstorm Totally..
Hard2Get
quote:
Those 2 are seriously doing the business right now.

Freeform for everyone.

Freeform for all the family.
Vladel Well first off the 100 series has got some decent stuff on there and the nobody etc album sounds ok. The unknown link only has 4 previews so far and so close to the release date is appalling. What are HU and Unknown expecting? His fans will just buy it blind (all 10 of them) that is. To be honest the four previews are pretty poor and perhaps its better not to have any of the others up if that is the standard, perhaps a few will pick it up as a curiosity purchase. When you tot this lot up, i don't see any of it being worth an immediate purchase like a lethal theory album would. Maybe picking up some of it at a later date when someone can be arsed to actually try and sell an album by having some previews up but i'm optimistic.
latininxtc
quote:
Well first off the 100 series has got some decent stuff on there and the nobody etc album sounds ok. The unknown link only has 4 previews so far and so close to the release date is appalling. What are HU and Unknown expecting? His fans will just buy it blind (all 10 of them) that is. To be honest the four previews are pretty poor and perhaps its better not to have any of the others up if that is the standard, perhaps a few will pick it up as a curiosity purchase. When you tot this lot up, i don't see any of it being worth an immediate purchase like a lethal theory album would. Maybe picking up some of it at a later date when someone can be arsed to actually try and sell an album by having some previews up but i'm optimistic.

lol @ those last 2 words.
CDJay It's still *well* over another week until release (May 4th is bank holiday, remember).

There's a new HU podcast going up just before the release date, featuring some of the tracks and an interview with Chris Unknown.

There's more clips being added over the next week.

CDJay
Vladel I listened to a podcast once with i think brisk and fracus many years ago and they didn't shut up talking, if i wanted to listen to people talking over music, i'd listen to the radio.
Impulse_Response
quote:
I listened to a podcast once with i think brisk and fracus many years ago and they didn't shut up talking, if i wanted to listen to people talking over music, i'd listen to the radio.

One reason I really like listening to the podcasts is actually getting to hear whatever the artists have to say. I don't understand why it's such a huge problem.
Vladel I didn't say it was a huge problem i was merely stating why i don't listen to podcasts. In fact to recycle my earlier car based analogy, it's like buying a newspaper to read a review of a car instead of just going to the dealership to try it, the main difference here being that the dealership is unable to let you try it.
Triquatra I was under the impression that talking was the general point/what's expected in a podcast...otherwise it'd just literally be a mix.

much more interesting than just a mix download in my opinion :)
Vladel I'm not particularly bothered about the whole nature of podcast issue really. My point is not being able to preview a purchase at the place it's being sold.
Triquatra The nature of podcast is one of those deep, soul searching, existential things I like to ponder now and again.
Craigavon raver Not a 100% sure on these but I will probably buy unknowns album and 24/7 100 series, was actually wondering why the cd was called the 100 series, until I read its 24/7 100th release! but would prob be better if it had more tracks and cds like a history of 24/7 mix! and I obviously haven't heard much from unknown the last few years apart from what was on hu 2013, but a lot of people don't seem to be impressed by him recently, but think I might just buy it anyway, but not to sure on the justice hardcore 1 though, I have heard of iyf before but don't think I've heard any of his tracks before and don't think I've heard of nobody, and to much cds coming out to get and all the cds I've got already i'll be running out of space to put them
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
Not a 100% sure on these but I will probably buy unknowns album and 24/7 100 series, was actually wondering why the cd was called the 100 series, until I read its 24/7 100th release! but would prob be better if it had more tracks and cds like a history of 24/7 mix! and I obviously haven't heard much from unknown the last few years apart from what was on hu 2013, but a lot of people don't seem to be impressed by him recently, but think I might just buy it anyway, but not to sure on the justice hardcore 1 though, I have heard of iyf before but don't think I've heard any of his tracks before and don't think I've heard of nobody, and to much cds coming out to get and all the cds I've got already i'll be running out of space to put them

Think they're are a couple more CD's planned for the 100th release :)

Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
Not a 100% sure on these but I will probably buy unknowns album and 24/7 100 series, was actually wondering why the cd was called the 100 series, until I read its 24/7 100th release! but would prob be better if it had more tracks and cds like a history of 24/7 mix! and I obviously haven't heard much from unknown the last few years apart from what was on hu 2013, but a lot of people don't seem to be impressed by him recently, but think I might just buy it anyway, but not to sure on the justice hardcore 1 though, I have heard of iyf before but don't think I've heard any of his tracks before and don't think I've heard of nobody, and to much cds coming out to get and all the cds I've got already i'll be running out of space to put them

Think they're are a couple more CD's planned for the 100th release :)

Oh right, sweet! and more like i'll def be getting these, the 24/7 hardcore ones, and might throw in unknowns as well
trippnface curious; will the next batch of releases be this month or next month ?

wana grab some shizz but maybe just wait and cram all the shipping together ha
Vladel
quote:
It's still *well* over another week until release (May 4th is bank holiday, remember).

There's a new HU podcast going up just before the release date, featuring some of the tracks and an interview with Chris Unknown.

CDJay

There's still just the same 4 unknown previews

latininxtc
quote:
quote:
It's still *well* over another week until release (May 4th is bank holiday, remember).

CDJay

There's still just the same 4 unknown previews

And we should forever be grateful that's all there is we have to succumb to.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
curious; will the next batch of releases be this month or next month ?

wana grab some shizz but maybe just wait and cram all the shipping together ha

We're targeting June for HU7, it's 99% there but the last % is all important!

I believe Fracus meant to get more clips up for the Unknown CD but is currently laid up in bed severely ill. I'll see where we're at with it, tomorrow.

We only got stock of the 24/7 CDs this morning, although had already posted out the other two for UK orders even if they included the 24/7 CD, and everything else is caught up as of today bar one or two with difficult to pack garment containing orders. Will get them nailed tomorrow.

*exhales*

CDJay
Mad Max
quote:
.. even if they included the 24/7 CD, and everything else is caught up as of today bar one or two with difficult to pack garment containing orders. Will get them nailed tomorrow.

*exhales*

CDJay

I would have been fine waiting on my order to save you guys the extra postage. Feel free if the situation arises again to do so.

I bloody love HU and all the work the team is doing.

If the Sharkey album appears I will probably shed a tear of joy ;)
Gazza1712 Got my chris unknown album in the post today, looking forward to listening it tomoro and will post my thoughts
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
quote:
.. even if they included the 24/7 CD, and everything else is caught up as of today bar one or two with difficult to pack garment containing orders. Will get them nailed tomorrow.

*exhales*

CDJay

I would have been fine waiting on my order to save you guys the extra postage. Feel free if the situation arises again to do so.

Careful, we might get complacent. Berate us relentlessly and scrawl every perceived failure into infants using hot knives

Vladel do it!

Seriously though, no chance on the Sharkey album. He hasn't spoken to us in months. Already written 2.5k in data recovery off last tax year.

CDJay
Elipton
quote:
Seriously though, no chance on the Sharkey album.
CDJay

What the bloody hell am I still in Hardcore then

I was waiting for that album for so long :|
CDJay Indeed. I still can't quite fathom how we struck out, yet I should have remained mindful of the 14 years prior.

CDJay
Captain Triceps
quote:
Seriously though, no chance on the Sharkey album.
CDJay

Like, actually, 0% chance, not in an infinity, even an online petition won't help, not even a sliver of a spark of hope that it might happen? Simply, quite literally, not even figuratively, impossible? As in, no?
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

*exhales*

CDJay

Careful, we might get complacent. Berate us relentlessly and scrawl every perceived failure into infants using hot knives

Vladel do it!

Seriously though, no chance on the Sharkey album. He hasn't spoken to us in months.

CDJay

What a massive cunt. This is why people shouldn't waste their time with him.
Elipton Obviously I don't know the ins an outs. Are you saying you saying you lost thousands in data recovery for tracks without so much as a contract with Sharkey or rights to them.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:

*exhales*

CDJay

Vladel do it!

Seriously though, no chance on the Sharkey album. He hasn't spoken to us in months. Already written 2.5k in data recovery off last tax year.

CDJay

what a douche. he just spun a classic hhc set in sf... how could he not get back to you :( if he wants to please his fans; why doesn't he!?
djDMS I must be in a minority who couldn't care less whether there's a Sharkey album or not.

Pity he can't be arsed with it though :-/
Captain Triceps
quote:
I must be in a minority who couldn't care less whether there's a Sharkey album or not.

I'm sort of the same, I'd like it but I'm not desperate - it's the principle of the whole thing though, and how many years ago was he saying the album was coming?
Vladel There's some quality music to be had there buy if Sharkey is too much of a dick....
latininxtc
quote:
I must be in a minority who couldn't care less whether there's a Sharkey album or not.

I was on the same boat until HU took on the project and thought they definitely would be the ones to be able to finally release the Sharkey album that has been in the making for years, but sadly it was not to be. And it's pretty clear that it's Sharkey who is the one who's responsible for his own album never coming into fruition. The scene needs to stop eating his shit as soon as it's coming right out of his ass all the time and realize that he's a major flake and not worth bothering over. The UK hardcore scene, and even freeform have been doing fine without him so he isn't at all missed.
Bad Corey Far as I know, Sharkey was in Minnesota For a show a week or two ago. And I know from Facebook that he's been hanging out with Dummy from Seattle a lot lately. Might be worth reaching out to him or Dummy and at least procuring a solid "no, this won't happen, sorry I've been absent" or a "yes, still in the future, just been busy" from him.
arpz Does he actually have to do anything though? Honestly I can't see how this is a problem? It's all but done by the sounds of it, surely he just has to be like 'yeah ok put it out'... How odd.
CDJay The issue is that Sharkey wanted an entirely new disc of stuff to pair with the old. As expensive as the data recovery was, in the end if yielded very little useful stuff. A lot of stuff, particularly pre 2000, had to be recorded off DAT.

Prior to breaking contact, he had voiced concerns about the lead time to date of the project which we countered with the need to sort out the digital infrastructure and be in a stable position to dedicate the time and energy required to wrap. Arrangements were made early one week for Sharkey to go up to Fracus' for the weekend to socialise and sketch out a loose timeframe to get the album wrapped before year end.

Then.... nada. Obviously, Fracus and his partner were very concerned at the total lack of communication over the entire weekend and internally constructed elaborate scenarios where his well being were questioned.

Since then, we've obviously learned that he is fine. Albeit well after the fact. Unsuprisingly, Fracus isn't particularly thrilled at being put through that entirely needlessly. I've heard nothing since either.

So... yeah, I can't really see it happening.

As for contracts with Sharkey... we were doing his artist album. The presumption was that everyone involved wanted it to happen, and happen to a standard we'd all be happy with. If you'd told me 12 months ago that it would play out like this I'd have laughed at you. Initially Sharkey was quite happy to never release any of his unreleased past works, being quite down on "the scene", and it took a look of cajoling on our part to get it underway in the first place. If we'd dedicated the necessary amount of time sooner, I doubt it would have come to what it has *but* we'd also probably be bankrupt and defunct. Sadly this appears to be a case of us letting ambition and internal standards outstrip capability,capacity and available time.

I should conclude with one salient and sentimental note; despite how *THIS* scenario has played out, I still credit Sharkey will doing more for the scene, and us, than almost anyone else in it. He is, absolutely, above all else, a good guy. Someone I, and Fracus, considered a good friend. What's happened to change that, I have no idea. Nonetheless I wish him well, and hope he's happy.

(If I could go back in time, I wouldn't do Rehab, I'd sink the time and energy into this. )

CDJay

Bad Corey
quote:
(If I could go back in time, I wouldn't do Rehab, I'd sink the time and energy into this. )

Whoooooaa
arpz
quote:

Oh don't say that, Rehab was wicked!

Cyrax such a shame as some wicked remixes were commissioned by the Hard Beats lads
CDJay That reminds me; we'd arranged a F&D remix of product of society as it won the voting for the usb key. Obviously we couldn't then deliver it

CDJay
GrahamC
quote:
That reminds me; we'd arranged a F&D remix of product of society as it won the voting for the usb key. Obviously we couldn't then deliver it

CDJay

TBH I was happy with what I got in the end USB wise. Not much you can do if he vanishes off the face of the earth (to you at least), shows he is a bit of a knob.
Vladel Ok my stuff arrived this week because I waited for the GTYM Album and I've had a few days to collect some thoughts:-

The one I expected to be the worst wasn't as bad as I expected, the unknown album is surprisingly bearable. There are some ok tunes on there but there is nothing that makes you think "wow" as much as a lot of tracks that sound whiny, it's all wah wah wah with moany male vocals. The generic instrumental tracks do fare better though.

The IYF & Nobody album is much better with a good mix of vocals and styles if you like the pre 2012 style with the only problem being the production quality sounding a bit dated.

The 100 series is a tricky one with so few tracks for your money, you really need to make sure you like the tracks before buying it and thankfully for me I like over half of them so happy days.

GTYM album is good for the most part, the work rescue and outforce did is ok. I find a lot of rescues stuff especially from bombs away usually comprises of a really good vocal and an anticlimactic track so there's not much of a surprise here. The revelation is squad-e's disk its outstanding, ok the mixing is pretty dull but the tracks are great across the board with only a couple that let them down. Here's the thing some folk on here were knocking his 2009 sound but the thing is, the modern stuff together we're rubbish are putting out, and unknown for that matter is sooo dreary, at least the dub core they were doing says something, it might be wank but at least it stands out. The middle of the way stuff they are doing now is terrible and squad-e is making tunes, he may be a massive cock, but he's making great tunes and styles/gammer etc are not, therefore squad-e is better than styles, hixxy, dougL, gammer and all the others that are too cool for their own listeners and take constructive criticism like a request to sodomise their first born child. I know other people have their tastes and that's their opinion and forums are a place for opinions and mine is that squad-e is back with a bang and the next time he rants about how much better he is than other folk are, he might be right.
Captain Triceps
quote:
the unknown album is surprisingly bearable. There are some ok tunes

Sold!

Vladel Had to edit in the GTYM comments because the thread for it was moved to announcements.
trippnface
quote:
Ok my stuff arrived this week because I waited for the GTYM Album and I've had a few days to collect some thoughts:-

The one I expected to be the worst wasn't as bad as I expected, the unknown album is surprisingly bearable. There are some ok tunes on there but there is nothing that makes you think "wow" as much as a lot of tracks that sound whiny, it's all wah wah wah with moany male vocals. The generic instrumental tracks do fare better though.

The IYF & Nobody album is much better with a good mix of vocals and styles if you like the pre 2012 style with the only problem being the production quality sounding a bit dated.

The 100 series is a tricky one with so few tracks for your money, you really need to make sure you like the tracks before buying it and thankfully for me I like over half of them so happy days.

GTYM album is good for the most part, the work rescue and outforce did is ok. I find a lot of rescues stuff especially from bombs away usually comprises of a really good vocal and an anticlimactic track so there's not much of a surprise here. The revelation is squad-e's disk its outstanding, ok the mixing is pretty dull but the tracks are great across the board with only a couple that let them down. Here's the thing some folk on here were knocking his 2009 sound but the thing is, the modern stuff together we're rubbish are putting out, and unknown for that matter is sooo dreary, at least the dub core they were doing says something, it might be wank but at least it stands out. The middle of the way stuff they are doing now is terrible and squad-e is making tunes, he may be a massive cock, but he's making great tunes and styles/gammer etc are not, therefore squad-e is better than styles, hixxy, dougL, gammer and all the others that are too cool for their own listeners and take constructive criticism like a request to sodomise their first born child. I know other people have their tastes and that's their opinion and forums are a place for opinions and mine is that squad-e is back with a bang and the next time he rants about how much better he is than other folk are, he might be right.

shove it; squad e haters!
Vladel Any word on if the 22nd June stuff is going to turn up this week?
djDMS Seen a Facebook post about a 7-10 day delay the other day
AllisonM
quote:
Seen a Facebook post about a 7-10 day delay the other day

noooo i ordered 2, 22nd releases yesterday didnt know there was a delay :( xx
djDMS **Important - Pre-Orders Please Read**

Despite our most determined efforts, we unfortunately have to once again announce a delay in the delivery of the latest batch of albums. Even with our very best efforts, we were not able to obtain all of the correct / necessary information and audio from Lethal Theory in the agreed timeframe after discovering various errors in both CD content and artwork when supplied for manufacture. We apologise profusely for the delay, and know full well that the fact that the situation is completely beyond our control is scant conciliation to those of you waiting for albums you've already paid for. We were hoping that our manufacturers, who move heaven and Earth for us on a regular basis, would be able to speed up production and potentially have albums sooner than we feared, however it has now been confirmed that they will take about the same time as usual, meaning we will not be able to ship completed products out for a further ten days or so from now.?

We're fully aware that as a store, and indeed an industry, all of us as labels are privileged to have such supportive and fervent followers as you, who put your hand in your pocket time and again to SUPPORT the music you love, and buy CD albums when you could so easily steal from us all. We love you all for that and it's very frustrating for us when errors occur with the materials we are sent and we aren't able to immediately sort out problems. In this situation it was beyond our control, and indeed beyond Lethal Theory's control that we could get the necessary alterations / changes made in time. It's the age old argument we've put forward before; that we'd rather what you got in the end was RIGHT, and not a lesser product than you believed you were getting. That is at least now a compromise we don't have to make.?

In future, we will NOT be pre-selling any album releases on any label (including our own) until all of the materials needed for manufacture have been checked, triple checked, and verified. That way we can hopefully avoid this situation again.?

We thank you all for your patience. Those of you who in the UK who have pre-ordered albums along with other releases will find that those items of yours which we DO have in stock have now been sent out to you, your pre-orders will follow. We can't realistically do this for international customers, as we already subsidise the cost, but shall endeavour to add something to relevant orders when they *do* ship. We did want to announce this as soon as we knew there would be "a delay", but figured you'd rather have a better idea of exactly how much rather than a "we're trying to hurry it along, so dunno m8" kind of response. Not typical of the professional and efficient service we strive to provide for you. For your support and continued patience, we thank you.

Archefluxx
trippnface would more releases from HU that are HU; stop this from happening? :p
CDJay Absolutely, our internal releases quite literally never slip at this point. If there's an issue we can rectify it easily, as it's... internal.

(Please, please don't let that come back to bite me next batch )

Ultimately, however people want to take things, we're essentially a distributor and store at this point. We have the power to let things go to press when *we* realise they're broken, absolutely, but refuse to. Beyond that we're at the mercy of third parties, and *believe* me when I say we already do far more of the splitting/verifying/formatting than any is industry standard.

CDJay
djDMS So other labels are taking the piss then? ;-)
CDJay Not exactly; it's a misalignment of expectation. I don't really, truly, think anyone outside our loop knows the "hoop jumping course" required to get a product out and steady. We'll work better with our partners, and berate where need be, in order to smooth things going forward [;)[

CDJay
djDMS I think that's needed sometimes. I'm sure most of us are quilt of taking more than we give on occasion, and having an outlet as helpful as HU might attract those who expect too much
trippnface
quote:
Absolutely, our internal releases quite literally never slip at this point. If there's an issue we can rectify it easily, as it's... internal.

(Please, please don't let that come back to bite me next batch )

Ultimately, however people want to take things, we're essentially a distributor and store at this point. We have the power to let things go to press when *we* realise they're broken, absolutely, but refuse to. Beyond that we're at the mercy of third parties, and *believe* me when I say we already do far more of the splitting/verifying/formatting than any is industry standard.

CDJay

CDJay for president
Vladel If we didn't have HU, very little music would get to us so I am thankful
Craigavon raver Must say that is disappointing about the sharkey album, would of been great if it came out, but probably even more disappointing is the way he went about it, not even saying anything or hearing from him in months! but ah well, not going to happen now, and he's only got himself to blame

It took 5.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page