Radio listeners 156+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Neck Breaker

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
weba_d who likes it? I reckon its a fukn sik tune, it gets so powerful about 2 minutes into the song

"play this track!"
"I'll break ya neck!"

"Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!" "Boom!"

WEBA D
Xenochrome I don't know why, but I just don't like that track. It sounds like Scott Brown is running out of ideas IMO.

weba_d I know its really trancy, I personlly dont really like trancecore but fuk its heavy

WEBA D
saintberry that and commence are ****ing tunes! why? cos they make every mofo in the room get up and dance!

full of energy, but not too hard, lub em

strychnine Yeah Commence is a fkn CHOON!!! Can't get enough of that hook

We're dancing wall to wall, all creatures great and small
Simon Yeah the samples in "Neck Breaker" are off that good old Dr. Dre tune .
There's loads a samples from hip-hop in Hardcore, I quite like them, they can split tunes up nicely also I like hip-hop so it stands to reason, that i like them, I must say though I think Public Enemy have had the most samples in Hardcore used....there's loads!!!!!!

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!
djDMS Oh yes! Where would hardcore be without Chuck D & Flavor Flav samples? I'm a hip hop fan too and love to hear samples that are recognisable - they always seem to fit into hardcore tunes.

I'll just sit back now and wait for somebody to tell us how many HH songs have Public Enemy samples in them!!

Damn, i'm on the go!!

Simon There's so many Public Enemy samples in hardcore it's unbelievable here's a few.

"The Rythems The Rebel"

"Bumrush The Show"

"Yeah Booooy"

"The only part of you body should be parting to Panther power on the hour from the rebel of you"

"Run that shit homee"

I would be certain that there's loads more aswell .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!
tommo I think its a wicked tune,its one of those really good songs that make you
want to get up and dance.I like the opening bit as well,I think it sets the
song off.It'd be a pretty good song to drive to,though dnb is the best
driving music I reckon.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
djDMS Yep! we could go forever with this one.
Actually, that's reminded me of something. On the white label of 'Underground' by Digital illusion there's the sample -

'If y'all really like to rock the funky beats'
Why was this changed on the Vital Elements release when so many other releases kept their samples?

'Bring the Noise!'

weba_d Neck breaker- so many good memorys of that song at my house mashed up with my mates

WEBA D
fazza its impossible for me to go and have a mix without droppin this tune!!! spot on i reckon

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
rezzna its a proper classic. one of scotts best last year. and i dont think its on the trancy side of hardcore, its far far less trancey than breeze and styles, the synths are a bit trancey but thas pirrty much where it ends i think.

deserves an award i reckon.

still not quite as good elysium tho.

"don't worry about it, if i were you i wouldn't remember me either"
Oli G brisk rapes stuff of KRS's acapellas if you listen to them heh

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
weba_d ^^True

WEBA D
ryg0r Well, to bag out a track that has soo many mad reviews, isn't, well, the most informed thing you can do (does that even make sense?)

Neck Breaker is sweet, but the problem with Mr Brown's tracks are that the are soo catchy they get over played.

But you have to hand it to him - he works damn hard, he's a one man label (or two labels if you coun't eplus)

-=[ryg0r]=-
silver You be amazed at how many labels and other artist names in other genres that even Scott Brown will not publicly admit to he has :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
ryg0r yeah, speaking of label, whats happening, man??

I think the hotmail.server is down....

-=[ryg0r]=-
strychnine
quote:
Originally posted by ryg0r:
Well, to bag out a track that has soo many mad reviews, isn't, well, the most informed thing you can do (does that even make sense?)

Not true. It's music, not rocket science; a million positive reviews can never be enough to rebut one person's opinion that "it's crap". One's taste can never be wrong, just different.

Dave!
atomicb yeah.. they are all a bit similar, I think every now and then he has a big idea and then makes lots of similar tracks - definiton of a bad boy and neck breaker are both tunes with the same idea IMO

Despite that fact, they all sound good, but I'd never play a whole bunch of them in on go, that would just be boring :)

tommo I agree that some of his stuff does sound similar but I've yet to hear a bad
tune from him!

Xenochrome I DO like a lot of his gabba. Forze 27 is bangin' IMO.

tommo Scott Brown+Brisk-Chase
Scott Brown-Ghosts
Pretty good gabber tunes,I like the gabber stuff he used to play in 2000
but I don't know any of the song titles.

atomicb I own both those rec's :) I'm having trouble making ghosts mix with anythin nicely though :(

strychnine
quote:
Originally posted by tommo:
I agree that some of his stuff does sound similar but I've yet to hear a bad
tune from him!

*cough*ReturnToElysium*cough*puke*

-Miss Behaviour
Lixx ^^^
Loser! *holds up hand in an L*

;)

ryg0r Agree strych, but I'd like to hear anyone here (myself included) make a better track. :P

Anywayz, I think Scott Brown uses a "formula", add this, add that, all his newer stuff have the same concept.

quote:
Not true. It's music, not rocket science; a million positive reviews can never be enough to rebut one person's opinion that "it's crap". One's taste can never be wrong, just different

Yeah, but thats not what I'm saying - you can't really say "its crap", but you can deffo say "I hate the mofo".

-=[ryg0r]=-
DJ Mouse i don't think all his tunes sound the same at all. but you can instantly recognise a scott brown track.

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
strychnine
quote:
Originally posted by ryg0r:
Agree strych, but I'd like to hear anyone here (myself included) make a better track.

True ... but since when did you have to be able to do better before you start to criticise?

quote:
... you can't really say "its crap" ...

... but you can say "it's crap IMO". What a difference 3 letters can make

Originally posted by DJ Mouse:
i don't think all his tunes sound the same at all. but you can instantly recognise a scott brown track.

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse

Spot on, his tracks do sound related, but not the same.

WEBA D
ryg0r too true

-=[ryg0r]=-

It took 2.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page