Radio listeners 159+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 people messing up

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Johnny_da_raver

I don't usually care when people mess up when they talk about hardcore, but this was too much.
Found on a S3rl youtube video, this guy has literally know idea what is talking about. This is his description of the happy hardcore genre.
jordesuvi Generally speaking a lot of S3RL's listener demographic only listen to S3RL in terms of hardcore, so it is of no surprise that some opinions and self proclaimed facts about the scene in his YouTube comments may be a little misguided.
However, don't get caught in the trap. Politely make the attempt to correct their knowledge and if you are met with an ignorant response then it's not worth getting into a flame war over it.
Guest tekstep drum & bass died, all the good producers when to hardcore and reinvented it, and gave the world mainsteam/nu skool [nu skool is like 2007 when kicks got sub bass lines] gabba, all the producers except a few that stuck with hardcore from 1996-2002 got pissed off and invented hardstyle

then hardstyle died a few years ago, and everyone went to hardcore, so hardstyle came up with rawstyle

some drum & bass producers went to dubstep as it was invented on a drum & bass forum in a distortion compition by me
Hard2Get You made the mistake of taking anything you read on youtube seriously. Also, given that anyone anywhere can say literally anything regardless of how true or false it is, i don't think it's something you need to worry about. Also, i disagree about commenting. Have you seen the people that comment on youtube videos? Idiots. Don't waste your time.
But just out of interest, which comment is it that you disagree with?
Guest hardstyle origins is on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardstyle

hardcore 1988, where jungle came from in 1990
1996 jungle died, 2 step drum & bass was born, 1997/8 tekstep came around
1996/7 hardcore died, uk hardcore was born
2002/2003 tekstep died, mainstream gabba/hardstyle/dubstep was born
ViolonC
quote:
the only 2 original electonic genres are techno and trance
Obviously has no clue. Don't even care.
Guest the only original scene is pop music in the 80s like eurythmics, which just came out of the 70s disco, with an 808 release, then that became house and acid house, and then detroit techno, then techno, then hardcore
Guest drop a mad load of cocaine, and cry about your iphone filofax

Hard2Get
quote:
the only original scene is pop music in the 80s like eurythmics, which just came out of the 70s disco, with an 808 release, then that became house and acid house, and then detroit techno, then techno, then hardcore

Actual fact.
quote:
drop a mad load of cocaine, and cry about your iphone filofax

And I don't know what this is lol.
Triquatra I thought this was going to be an interesting thread about DJs making mistakes mixing and what not.

:/
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I thought this was going to be an interesting thread about DJs making mistakes mixing and what not.

:/

I bet you really wish it was about cuttlefish.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
the only original scene is pop music in the 80s like eurythmics, which just came out of the 70s disco, with an 808 release, then that became house and acid house, and then detroit techno, then techno, then hardcore

Actual fact.
quote:
drop a mad load of cocaine, and cry about your iphone filofax

And I don't know what this is lol.

everyone in the 1980`s live on cocaine, and had filofaxes, personal diaries, most people like fatboy slim etc, and all your moms will probably blame eurythmics
Guest 20 years later, you have iphones, and lady gaga and rihanna being played in clubs, life is just the same
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
20 years later, you have iphones, and lady gaga and rihanna being played in clubs, life is just the same

I looked a right cunt when I got my Filofax out in Reflex the other night.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
20 years later, you have iphones, and lady gaga and rihanna being played in clubs, life is just the same

It's hard keeping up with the trends out our age.
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

It's hard keeping up with the trends out our age.

if you have been there and done that, its all the same, i have all the babs and stoners likeing and sharing my soundcloud mixes

have a calandar on the phone, to fill up instead of needing a filofax, and making notes with touchscreen
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_da_raver:

I don't usually care when people mess up when they talk about hardcore, but this was too much.
Found on a S3rl youtube video, this guy has literally know idea what is talking about. This is his description of the happy hardcore genre.

Sounds like both posts have no idea. Everything came from Techno and Trance. Ummm really???

House music is the original all electronic dance genre which evolved from disco samples in the mid to late 80's. Long before Trance and Techno.

Is probably the only dance genre that has been there from the start and still going strong too.
Cyrax House really does baffle me sometimes, you have to have a really keen ear to distinguish between tech tribal house and tribal tech house and so on.

Although it's better than some of the old house tracks which was just the sample sample/kick/bass on a continuous loop for 9 minutes, you must have to be really smashed to enjoy that stuff.
Johnny_da_raver yeah both posts are by the same guy
ViolonC I'm always amused how hip hop and dub are completely overlooked in this discussions.

It took 1.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page