Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Fracus & Darwin - Diversions [Discussion!]

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
arpz F&D's 4th artist album

Release in October!

Yes!

Loads of wicked different sounds out on the podcasts etc at the moment so super hyped for this one

Not sure where the new Redmoon/meron Ryan remix is getting a release but I'm supser stoked for that plus another tune which I believe is called 'Music is hypnotising'? And that other one 'Come with us'? The one from the end of the HTID:Concept video anyway.
arpz Oh, and the Jenna tune too!
_Jay_

Got any links to the tunes you mentioned mate? Sorry - being massively lazy.

arpz Your best bet is here I think:

https://soundcloud.com/the_bassline/the-comeback-podcast-ft-fracus-darwin-stu-woods-mc-cyx

That's got three of em anyway.

<- 2 mins 42 secs for what I'm calling 'Come with us' (I'm sure I heard that somewhere)
arpz Similar selection featured on todays Future State Hardcore show that aired on this very website... I think Ken might sort out a recording of it as well if you missed it
CDJay 'tis actually "Fracus & Darwin feat. Pearl Blue - Join Us Now" if you mean the hardstyle thingie.

The Redmoon remix is on DJ Tools 4, whilst "Blow Out Part 4", "Believe In Something", "No Matter What" etc are all on the artist album.

Tracklist isn't finalised, but the pool of tracks for it is fairly complete.

The plan is to ship these out to people before we as a collective flit off to Arizona for the Blu-Ray shoot, so you can probably infer a fairly accurate timescale from that. We'll also have it available *at* HTID USA, pretty much in line with when UK orders arrive, so for once the US posse don't get screwed. Hell, there'll even be a signing session in a retro games store on the Saturday.

*fangirls it up*

CDJay
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Similar selection featured on todays Future State Hardcore show that aired on this very website... I think Ken might sort out a recording of it as well if you missed it

Yes, as with all aired shows through the site we hold the show recordings back for a number of days to keep the live shows that little more exclusive.

Todays show saw a real varied selection of upcoming material from Fracus & Darwin aswell as other HU artists, as F&D handled this months guest mix. I also featured a few tracks f/c on free album 'Future State Hardcore Vol 2' on my short intro mix.

Keep an eye on the Future State soundcloud page guys, was quite a show :)

http://www.soundcloud.com/future-state-music
arpz Nice one Ken, enjoyed it at my desk :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Nice one Ken, enjoyed it at my desk :)

Thanks for checking it out man, hope your workmates enjoyed it too ;)
lurker
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
'tis actually "Fracus & Darwin feat. Pearl Blue - Join Us Now" if you mean the hardstyle thingie.

I'm no fan of hardstyle but that clip's pretty exciting!
kazukism92 First than nothing

Secondly erk, the funk with Start Again 2015 guys!

Third... time earn money for get a copy to put along with my collection.
djDMS Like Entity's album, I don't need to know what's on it cos it's guaranteed to be special
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Like Entity's album, I don't need to know what's on it cos it's guaranteed to be special

That's the mark of a great producer, a lot of my albums have been purchased on blind buys like that :)
Ken Masters Here's that recording of the show Arpz was talking about guys, 'The FSH Show' which had guests Fracus & Darwin and streamed live on the site, continuing every month from now on. Had a lot of their brand spanking new stuff featured, including stuff from Diversions :)

https://soundcloud.com/future-state-music/fshsep2

If anyone from the site want's to get involved & appear on a future show then give me a shout :)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:
Like Entity's album, I don't need to know what's on it cos it's guaranteed to be special

That's the mark of a great producer, a lot of my albums have been purchased on blind buys like that :)

Yup, same here, especially from HU djs and producers. Now some of the other things like the lethal theory albums I'll have to preview, but I usually end up buying them.
Dan Theory Does anyone know if the rehab remix of Reese - Cross The Line by F&D has/will see a release?

I know its on Live at Rehab at the start of their set and I think I heard it on the HTID concept set, just wondered if its going to be released on a future DJ Tools or on Diversions?

The new stuff is sounding killer though! Even by their high standards!
CDJay It's on Diversions.

CDJay
djDMS Great news.

Now give us some better news re: HU7 & Material... ;-)
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Theory:
Does anyone know if the rehab remix of Reese - Cross The Line by F&D has/will see a release?

I know its on Live at Rehab at the start of their set and I think I heard it on the HTID concept set, just wondered if its going to be released on a future DJ Tools or on Diversions?

wants that for sure. i found the original somewhere too; reese was such a boss
djDMS Come to think of it, there's quite a bit from Live at Rehab that I need to get my hands on still...
CDJay What are missing which isn't on DJ Tools 3 or Material?

CDJay
djDMS As far as F&D are concerned, very little. There's stuff from the other mixes I need though.
Ikstra
quote:
What are missing which isn't on DJ Tools 3 or Material?

CDJay

I'd love to grab the F&D mix of Michael Mansion's Ordinary Ways. I presume that'll be on Diversions?
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Ikstra:
quote:

CDJay

I'd love to grab the F&D mix of Michael Mansion's Ordinary Ways. I presume that'll be on Diversions?

I've been trying to get that track for literally years now, the original remix was signed by Rush Delivery which is a Canadian label and Dain-Ja has been telling me that there's an album coming for about a year or two.

The one on Rehab is a slightly different mix so I also thought maybe it'd see a release before the mythical Rush Delivery album but I think I prefer the Rush Delivery one a little more

- 18:08 for the older one... I can't actually remember how it differs now but I think it is a fair bit
Dan Theory
quote:
It's on Diversions.

CDJay

Boom! This album is going to be legendary
Dan Theory
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Theory:
Does anyone know if the rehab remix of Reese - Cross The Line by F&D has/will see a release?

wants that for sure. i found the original somewhere too; reese was such a boss

robertybob
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ikstra:
quote:

CDJay

I've been trying to get that track for literally years now, the original remix was signed by Rush Delivery which is a Canadian label and Dain-Ja has been telling me that there's an album coming for about a year or two.

The one on Rehab is a slightly different mix so I also thought maybe it'd see a release before the mythical Rush Delivery album but I think I prefer the Rush Delivery one a little more

- 18:08 for the older one... I can't actually remember how it differs now but I think it is a fair bit

I think that album was originally supposed to be released in 2012? lol. I'm in the same boat as you, really hope this on Diversions. Their work with MM has been ok lately, but it's been ages since they did a upfront-sounding remix of one of his tracks.

I thought the main difference between the new remix and old was the final drop near the end - the L.A.R one has more of a build up IIRC
Craigavon raver Oh yes! more great album news good to come back on here for the first time in a month and see all these cds i'll have to order which reminds me, i need to go and order hu7 & material!
DjZelous Im pumped for this one! HU told me on facebook that there is gonna be a vinyl release for it. im a hardcore vinyl junkie so i cant wait!!!
kazukism92 Literally I went out to my house and scream louder for the epic hype and my ovaries went exploded... I need a job for get that. I can't wait for the trackist.
dj switchback And we're getting behind the scenes footage on this album, right? ;)
CDJay We're doing attended mastering at the place Ed Sheeran uses. Of course we're documenting it

CDJay
Impulse_Response
quote:
We're doing attended mastering at the place Ed Sheeran uses. Of course we're documenting it

CDJay

Does that mean loudness war? I don't know a think about Ed Sheeran, I'm just curious.
CDJay Absolutely the reverse; I've been distressed by typical hardcore DJ masters for a long time (distorted, overdriven, no dynamics). We want it comparably loud, sure, but actually sounding good

http://www.thisismetropolis.com

CDJay
Skidzorz I know vinyl is rather cost prohibitive - Luna-C always says he loses money and that he does it because he loves it, but I know I can't be the only one who would go nuts over a vinyl copy of this. When Joe budden released his 4 Mood Muzik albums on vinyl a few years back I almost creamed my pants.
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by Skidzorz:
I know vinyl is rather cost prohibitive - Luna-C always says he loses money and that he does it because he loves it, but I know I can't be the only one who would go nuts over a vinyl copy of this. When Joe budden released his 4 Mood Muzik albums on vinyl a few years back I almost creamed my pants.

I don't understand the appeal of vinyl specifically. Honestly I would rather have a CD stuffed inside a 12" sleeve with amazing colorful artwork. Sometimes putting on a record is fun, but I have a hard time paying the "fad" markup for a vinyl release of anything unless it includes a CD or lossless download. Otherwise I have an urge to pay again for the downloads because I know I'm losing something if I record the vinyl to my computer.
CDJay ... which is why the vinyl edition includes a CD *and*24/96 .wav files

CDJay

djDMS
quote:
... which is why the vinyl edition includes a CD *and*24/96 .wav files

CDJay

Sold!
Impulse_Response
quote:

CDJay

Sold!
DjZelous Whats gonna be on the vinyl? Is it gonna be all the tracks unmixed or just a long mix of all the tunes
CDJay All the tracks, unmixed. 4 per side.

CDJay
DjZelous
quote:
All the tracks, unmixed. 4 per side.

CDJay

Sounds great!
Samination
quote:

CDJay

Stolen!
CDJay We're at Metropolis now!

CDJay
Craigavon raver Hell i'd be tempted to get the vinyl bundle just for collection purposes only and i don't even have decks! well depends on the cost!
trippnface very ready for this and some news on some fresh upcoming stuff; seein as we up to date ;p
djDMS Some very strong stuff on there.

At least 3 or 4 tracks that could carry the whole thing
CDJay Clips here

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/sets/fracus-darwin-diversions-promo

CDJay
latininxtc Preview clips of every track on the album are up and it's a very strong album altogether! Loving Stepmania, as well as Join Us Now. I think F&D found the best way to incorporate both UK hardcore and hardstyle into one track! The track that totally threw me off was Only One Of Me. Totally unexpected. Not sure how I feel about it atm. It does have a bit of an old skool dance/eurodance feel to it that I do enjoy though, but would like to see a hardcore remix of it!

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/sets/fracus-darwin-diversions-promo

EDIT: Damn you Jon! ;)
DJ SMALOUM i listened the preview and i'm not very attracted to this album. this one looks like really to DARREN STYLES or GAMMER music i know they are a lot of people who enjoy it but me i'm not a lover of commercial hardcore.
CDJay There is a hardccore mix of it, it features on HU7. It's been mastered alongside the rest of the album, but will see digital release seperately later in the year.

We like having something on there atypical (Drivetime was a good example from PONR) as it breaks up the album a bit and then allows for a different tangent going forward.

CDJay

JAJ So I'm guessing copies of Diversions won't be ready for HTID USA next week :(
Looking forward to this album though, really like Music's Hypnotizing & Stepmania
CDJay We really tried to have them ready to ship a week early to HTID USA but it's a a no go, sadly.

They'll still be on hand for general album signings and interrogation on the Saturday, though!

CDJay
Mortis I can't believe Only One Of Me is on here and not Level Up

Other than Only One Of Me, it sounds like a pretty solid album as you might expect. Join Us Now is brilliant.
CDJay Level Up is on DJ Tools 4, which ships prior

CDJay
Mortis Ahh, I didn't notice it on there. Makes sense now
djDMS
quote:
Level Up is on DJ Tools 4, which ships prior

CDJay

Ships when?

CDJay HEH.

Believe me when I say someone "up there" is *seriously* trying to F** with our group excursion to Phoenix.

The arranged courier literally didn't turn up to collect, late last week, and is now not answering the phone. Paid for upfront, natch.

Scrambling for a solution

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
We really tried to have them ready to ship a week early to HTID USA but it's a a no go, sadly.

They'll still be on hand for general album signings and interrogation on the Saturday, though!

CDJay

Wait so you WILL have some at HTID USA to sell???
CDJay CDs in general? Yes.

DJ Tools 4 / Diversions? Not a prayer.

CDJay
djDMS
quote:
HEH.

Believe me when I say someone "up there" is *seriously* trying to F** with our group excursion to Phoenix.

So God ISN'T a DJ then?

Unless he only plays house, which would explain a few things.

Vladel So dj tools 4 is shipping late?
latininxtc
quote:
CDs in general? Yes.

DJ Tools 4 / Diversions? Not a prayer.

CDJay

well poo
Vladel I'm surprised you didn't know about there's only one of me on HU7, call yourself a fan.....
CDJay "So dj tools 4 is shipping late?"

It's already late, unfortunately. We were expecting delivery WORST CASE on Saturday/Sunday so I had two days to post out pre-orders before going to Phoenix.

As it stands, I'm literally going to have to fly there, sort the blu-ray, fly straight back and post delayed CDs. Probably without sleeping at any point. Our e-mail account also managed to end up blocked again so no doubt there'll be lots of happy people who haven't had replies.

Just.. Just...... ERRRRRRGHKKKKKPFFFZZZZZZST.

Chant with me: "Must. Not. Crack. Must. Not. Crack."

HAHAHAHHA! *Eats own hand and gargles sinew*

CDJay
Vladel Darn its holding up my project powerstomp 2
djDMS Balls to the CD'S, go and enjoy the U.S.
Vladel Not much chance of that with a two and a one year old
Vladel Where are the CDs??
CDJay Going up for pre-order on Friday, once the existing pre-orders are all shipped. We'd hoped to do this prior to leaving for Phoenix, and had intended to put Diversions up last Friday to coincide with filming day.

I'm interested to see how the vinyl edition does; we haven't done a limited run of anything for a good while and haven't done vinyl for even longer.

Hopefully it at least breaks even, as it is pretty cool to be able to do certain albums with gatefold sleeve on heavyweight vinyl (we're eyeing up a combined Happy Hardcore Underground 1 + 2 SE vinyl with the most indemand tracks and remixes present if this goes well).

CDJay
Vladel Sorry I meant 100 series and tools 4
CDJay UK pre-orders should arrive tomorrow, Int'l in close pursuit

CDJay
Vladel Lovely
djDMS Smashing. Day off tomorrow
CDJay Both the CD and Deluxe (CD/Vinyl/USB) editions are up for pre-order!

No idea how the Deluxe edition will be received, but if you want it I'd probably act reasonably fast as there's near zero chance we'll repress the vinyl.....

Plus, as I noted earlier, it'll make it infinitely more likely there's a vinyl version of HHU1+2......

CDJay
Impulse_Response
quote:
Both the CD and Deluxe (CD/Vinyl/USB) editions are up for pre-order!

No idea how the Deluxe edition will be received, but if you want it I'd probably act reasonably fast as there's near zero chance we'll repress the vinyl.....

Plus, as I noted earlier, it'll make it infinitely more likely there's a vinyl version of HHU1+2......

CDJay

I was planning to do a binge of about 15 items soon. Would it be much trouble if I pre-order this now just to save one and then buy the others when I have the money together?
CDJay Sure! Should probably note we are planning a store sale end Oct of your playing catch up. Won't have the most recent stuff in, but 15 tells me it'll be of use for you to know.....

Vinyl is *flying* out. Might even be able to get the usbs out with the CDs.

Oooh!

CDJay

djDMS 8s the amount of vinyl you're having pressed being led by pre orders or do you have a fixed number in mind?.
I really want the vinyl but despite having tons of the stuff I haven't owned decks for years.

Dilemma!
CDJay We're pressing 300, the lead time is so insane I can't as us pressing any more. We managed 8 weeks but it would be farrrrrrr more than that now.

Don't forget the 8gb usb 3.0 drive it comes with...

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
We're pressing 300, the lead time is so insane I can't as us pressing any more. We managed 8 weeks but it would be farrrrrrr more than that now.

CDJay

Wow 300? I figured it would be more closer to like 100, 200 max

Definitely just going to be the CD for me as I have no vinyl players and I won't need the higher-quality versions for anything other than casual listening.
djDMS
quote:
We're pressing 300, the lead time is so insane I can't as us pressing any more. We managed 8 weeks but it would be farrrrrrr more than that now.

CDJay

We both know I'll end up buying it!
CDJay Clearly I am failing, you need to buy at least 10

CDJay
djDMS If only my family would welcome them as Christmas presents...
Underloop CDs ordered for me. I was sorely tempted by the vinyl (plus 8GB, gold plated, diamond encrusted USB 3.0 stick), but stuck with the CDs so I can buy more stuff over the coming months.
CDJay They've actually arrived on time (albeit at 6:30 a.m today), and we've already processed the UK pre-orders. Should get all internationals out tomorrow too!

CDJay
djDMS Forgot it was nearly release day, only ordered earlier today.
Claxton I've just ordered now so will be a bit behind everyone else.

Went for the Deluxe package. I don't even have turntables, but I'm a HU collector babayyyy!! and also about 3k in the red next month :\
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
and also about 3k in the red next month :

That's what credit's for! All of my student loan used to go on vinyl, too.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread but, by chance, I have ordered the deluxe package today.

Side note: when are HU going to update the gallery page? It was such a good concept when they first did it. (For iTunes purposes, that is.)
CDJay
quote:
I've just ordered now so will be a bit behind everyone else.

Went for the Deluxe package. I don't even have turntables, but I'm a HU collector babayyyy!! and also about 3k in the red next month :

The USB key is equally interesting, IMO

CDJay
CDJay Two more to go, and we've got them *all* out on release day!

'Tis a pre-festive miracle.

CDJay
djDMS Nice work.

P.S. I went deluxe in the end too, just the push I need to get decks again.
CDJay http://www.transrotor.de/en/products/1-plattenspieler/40-artus-fmd.html
djDMS It's here!
trippnface going to wait to snag this when more new stuff is out. going to snag dark shadows 2 when storm comes to sf. everything up to date so looks like we should get a heads up on the next batch of HU releases ;)
djDMS I forgot to pick up Dark Shadows 2 (such was my Diversions deluxe edition excitement). Will add it to the next purchase
CDJay
quote:
going to wait to snag this when more new stuff is out. going to snag dark shadows 2 when storm comes to sf. everything up to date so looks like we should get a heads up on the next batch of HU releases ;)

He's got DS2, 24/7 100 vol 2 and Diversions.

So, yeah, chat to him

CDJay
trippnface
quote:
quote:
going to wait to snag this when more new stuff is out. going to snag dark shadows 2 when storm comes to sf. everything up to date so looks like we should get a heads up on the next batch of HU releases ;)

He's got DS2, 24/7 100 vol 2 and Diversions.

So, yeah, chat to him

CDJay

oh fuk i need to bring more money >.>
arpz It's on now! Sounds awesome :D

<3 <3 <3
CDJay Probably because it is!

CDJay
Mickey Init CDJay, please can you put all album artwork up for sale in the HU store?

EDIT: Nice album btw. Track order seems to have been given some thought.
CDJay I'll try and get it done by the end of the weekend, we've been relentlessly pushed this year and the obvious stuff inevitably suffers.

Motivate me with feedback, preferably centred around my project manager role and how pretty and essential I am.

CDJay
Mickey Init
quote:
I'll try and get it done by the end of the weekend, we've been relentlessly pushed this year and the obvious stuff inevitably suffers.

I know, I know. I really REALLY do want the album artwork but appreciate you've had a million and one things to juggle over the last couple of years. Who does the artwork anyway, somebody external?
djepi Just listening now... absolutely fantastic!

So many stand out tracks, gonna have this on loop for months.

Fracus and Darwin should be knighted for services to Hardcore.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
quote:
I'll try and get it done by the end of the weekend, we've been relentlessly pushed this year and the obvious stuff inevitably suffers.

I know, I know. I really REALLY do want the album artwork but appreciate you've had a million and one things to juggle over the last couple of years. Who does the artwork anyway, somebody external?

Obie. We have it, it will be done.

CDJay
djDMS Tell you what I'd like (if possible).

Along with the artwork. Would be lovely if all the info/credits that doesn't come with the albums anymore was available to browse through/download
djDMS Using my new review method for this album to keep things interesting.

1st listen - casual run through on the laptop, try and find fault.
And I did! First impressions, the album didn't really get going until track 4 (despite Blow out being rather good). Couldn't get along with the vocal on Collide. Great vocal on Believe in something - but not keen on the TWR style track. Further on, not a fan of liquid D&B so despite the vocal, not much there for me. Only one of me, not my thing at all.

2nd listen - This time, listen as an album on my car system at ridiculous volume.
Now you're talking! Much better experience. Great progression throughout. Still not a massive fan of some tracks but can be no questioning the quality.
Immediate stand out tracks
Break these records
Cross the line
Hearts on fire
Loved again
Join us now (amazing)
Another listen (and possible embarrassed edit) tomorrow
Underloop Absolutely love this album! Need to make some space for a proper listen (i.e. not with work interruptions) but so far, so great!
Laser I think their recent guest mix on Keeping the Rave Alive sold me on it.

Tracks I'm stoked for include Heart on Fire and Join Us Now!
Ken Masters The thing ive found with the album is that a lot of the tracks are real growers. On very first hearing I seen some of them as strong but safe vocal tracks but there's much more to them than that.

My love for them has continued to grow with each listen which for me, is a sign of strong music whatever the genre. I find its the tracks that you grow to love that stand the test of time.

In this era of disposable hardcore tracks this stands tall. Bloody good effort! :)
CDJay Always the intent with their artist albums; I miss the days of slightly more musically complex hardcore that rewarded repeat listening with details and textures perhaps missed the first few times around. That's one of the things that make me rate F&S so highly.

No idea where it'll land critically relative to the other three albums, but it strikes a good balance of being true to genre/self whilst also being quite accessible and credible out of genre.

Glad you're enjoying, and hopefully the appreciation index continues skywards over time

CDJay
djDMS How well is it selling in comparison to the previous albums?

Would hope that their increased exposure is paying off in some way.
CDJay For reference, we pressed 500 of Balancing Act (CDR *spits*) and then another 500 of the SE in 2014, 1000 of Point of No Return (now complately sold out) and 1500 of Filth & Dumb Hatred (1000 original pressing, 500 represses with barcodes). We've actually pressed marginally less of Diversions, for now; but have ordered 300 (!) LP/USB. The upfront costs are way higher than anything else we've done due to the mastering, laquer cutting, heavyweight vinyl etc. We very nearly opted for half-speed laquer cutting, but were informed it would cost "more than the mastering" so we thought better of it

We can't really compare with PONR, due to the way it was released through external vendors, but I'd say it's roughly in line but not *quite* where F&DH was after the first two weeks of release. It's not a straightforward comparison, though, due to the timing of pre-orders against payday and relative lack of promotion (video and newsletter are still to come). We'll have a better picture after a month. What I will say is that the vinyl is absolutely where I wanted it to be despite the aforementioned, which bodes well for current and future projects. Really keen to press more Point of No Return, as I don't like artist albums not being available, but not sure exactly how or when to do so.

I'm very much looking forward to getting the vinyl and USBs, and hurling some of them tactically out of genre. We've always known that our supporters are the only reason we exist, but between this and the Blu The Roof project they've enabled us to punch well above our weight. This year has been *very* hard work, but now the trick is to translate the results into something that pushes both HU and the wider genre forward!

CDJay
AoS_Lorenzo I'll do a review eventually :)
trippnface got to jam this on the way back from storm.

hands down best fracus & darwin cd yet for me.
they straight own.
so many powerful tunes
Impulse_Response This deluxe limited edition release came at a bad time for me. I just spent a bunch on albums that I have wanted for a while, and I didn't have the extra 40 pounds to throw at Diversions. It's unfortunate that the hi-res files on USB are offered only with the vinyl. If the HU download store that I've seen people talk about ever happens, with these be made available that way?
CDJay We're going to offer the vinyl with Usb separately when the vinyl ships, but the high res audio and insane mastering is heavily subsidized by the vinyl.

CDJay
AoS_Lorenzo 01. Fracus & Darwin feat. Sarah Clanton - Collide
-Not the biggest fan of the vocal but it?s still quality. Really digging the synth along with the bassline. Proper DnB/BBHC. Not your typical Fracus & Darwin tune. Really shows what else they?re capable of.
7/10

02. Fracus & Darwin vs. Bass Selective - Blow Out Part 4
-Ravey/stompin yet melodic. An amazing tune for the dancefloor that I experienced at HTID. When the piano hits with the breakbeat then the 4/4 kicks- GENIUS and it flows perfectly. This tune is a perfect mix of everything about Fracus & Darwin that?s awesome.
10/10

03. Fracus & Darwin feat. Jenna - Believe In Something
-First thing; the kick/bass on this tune is ACE. Vocal is ridiculously good. Then the ****ing build makes me lose it. SO GOOD! It?s just next level. Tune of the year in my opinion. Everything about this tune is perfect & ?memorable? which is rare in 2015.
10/10

04. Fracus & Darwin - Break These Records
-What stands out to me about this tune is how powerful the lead & bassline are. Also, it?s a simple vocal used wisely & perfectly. The overall feel almost has the older F&D feel but with a fresh new spin on it!
9/10

05. Fracus & Darwin vs. Reese - Cross The Line
-Crazy yet clean breakbeat along with the melody from the original. Love it! Not the biggest fan of the whine synth, but it?s still good & I can?t complain much. It sounds a lot better when used with the breakbeat/bassline. Reese?s rap is top notch & I wish he would return to hardcore or at least do a few tunes with F&D.
8/10

06. Fracus & Darwin feat. Poison Rain - No Matter What
-Love the melodies/synths! Idk what else to say. It?s a really good tune tho!
9/10

07. Fracus & Darwin feat. Rowetta - More Than I Can Take
-Cool tune. Just isn?t really my thing. Top notch production as always.
7/10

08. Fracus & Darwin - Music's Hypnotising
-Ravey pianos with the uplifting melodies. Signature F&D. Everything I love about their music is in this tune. A tune that inspires me to make my own music normally.
10/10

09. Fracus & Darwin feat. Drew Flanagan - Only One Of Me
-The vocal is top notch. I love the intro piano. Another one of those tunes that shows what Fracus & Darwin are capable of doing outside of hardcore. I personally prefer the hardcore mix of this tune.
7/10

10. Fracus & Darwin - Heart On Fire
-It?s a decent tune. Just not 100% my thing. Not really keen on the vocal.
8/10

11. Fracus & Darwin vs. Michael Mansion - Loved Again
-My 2nd favorite tune behind Believe In Something. Every time Fracus & Darwin do a tune with Michael Mansion, it?s always something really good. This doesn?t disappoint. My favorite thing about the tune is the electric guitar-ish sounding synth. Very unique/catchy. Makes the tune over the top
10/10

12. Fracus & Darwin - Roar
-Insanely catchy melodies, More of a ?dancefloor tune?.
9/10

13. Fracus & Darwin - Stepmania
-Very very unique tune. Very very creative. Hardstyle sounding melodies. A lot of hardstyle elements without going full on hardstyle core. Really enjoy this!
10/10

14. Fracus & Darwin feat. Pearl Blue - Join Us Now
-Tune of the whole HTID USA trip. Ridiculously good. Hardstyle core done perfectly! Everything about this tune is so damn good.
10/10

What I took away from this album is the fact Fracus & Darwin continue to grow. They stay true to their sound while evolving as artist. My favorite album of the 4 so far. Maybe it?s because of the HTID USA trip is emotionally attached to a good portion of these tunes.
Impulse_Response
quote:
We're going to offer the vinyl with Usb separately when the vinyl ships, but the high res audio and insane mastering is heavily subsidized by the vinyl.

CDJay

I can understand insane mastering costing a lot, but high res audio? It doesn't cost anything to set your DAW to 24-96, unless you're talking about the cost of the custom USB drives.

Still, I would have bought it if I had the 40 pounds for the deluxe set. Thanks for the flat rate shipping; I hope you're not losing too much by shipping over 15 albums for 8.50.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
quote:
We're going to offer the vinyl with Usb separately when the vinyl ships, but the high res audio and insane mastering is heavily subsidized by the vinyl.

CDJay

I can understand insane mastering costing a lot, but high res audio? It doesn't cost anything to set your DAW to 24-96, unless you're talking about the cost of the custom USB drives.

Still, I would have bought it if I had the 40 pounds for the deluxe set. Thanks for the flat rate shipping; I hope you're not losing too much by shipping over 15 albums for 8.50.

i believe actually making it worth using 24-96 could cost alot
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
quote:

CDJay

My apologies, that wasn't very clear. What I mean is that the overall project costs (IE the mastering) are heavily subsidised by the vinyl release; it's the reason we could justify going down to Metropolis. As such, if we supplied the 24/96 audio separately to the vinyl, it would be almost impossible to recoup.

Next time around, hopefully, we'll be in a better overall position and can then do what we ultimately want to do (initial limited edition CD/vinyl runs, high res audio on our store, general availability on other download sites).

Baby steps

CDJay
djDMS The missus hasn't told me to (and I quote) 'turn that shit off' yet, so it must be alright ;-)
CDJay It's the little victories that oft count the most

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
The missus hasn't told me to (and I quote) 'turn that shit off' yet, so it must be alright ;-)

Wait, she doesn't like hardcore??? Then why the hell marry her???
djDMS It's not really a case of not liking it, just doesn't want it rammed down her throat every 5 minutes.

(She's the same with Hardcore)

;-)
CDJay Worthy of upvote.

CDJay
Mickey Init I think "Air" on DJ Tools 4 is awesome. I would've put this on the album instead of "Believe In Something".

How will the hardcore mix of "Only One Of Me" be released, on the next DJ Tools?
CDJay We played with all the available tracks and settled on the tracks/order as we all agreed it "flowed" best. Plus, "Air" is a fairly down the line hardcore track and that's for the DJs!

TBH we kind of hoped that most people would get both DJ Tools 4 and Diversions, as that's the best encapsulation of label output for 2015.

The hardcore mix of "Only One Of You" is actually not on the HU label, technically, and is now available to pre-order on iTunes etc.

That said there *is* a 24/96 .wav of it, along with the Never Let Go / Heavyweight remixes, on the USB.

CDJay
Alexbturbo Only One of Me is on Ambiel Music by the looks of it as I noticed it popped up in the forthcoming section on Juno when I was looking at stuff earlier today.

http://www.junodownload.com/products/fracus-darwin-only-one-of-me/2919885-02/
Claxton It's absolutely outstanding.

I decided that it's the best hardcore artist album of the last 10 years.

Albums I've bought in that time include:

Brisk
Al Storm & Euphony
Entity
Marc Smith
Re-Con & Demand
Squad-E
Petruccio & Modulate
Darren Styles
Shimamura (twice)
Rescue
CLSM
Darts
At Peace
Transcend
Rhythmics
Ranzor
Kevin Energy
Obie
Qygen
Gammer
Fracus & Darwin x3

These guys for me are the leaders in modern hardcore production. Although a growing number are seeing this, I wish more people felt the same way.

It's cutting edge hardcore with originality and excitement.

Believe in Something is a modern day classic (as is Air). Those two tracks have all the ingredients to please the mainfloor ravers. If Darren Styles or Gammer had made 'Air', the scene would currently be wetting its pants.

Then we have tracks such as 'Music's Hypnotizing' which as described by Lorenzo, is 'textbook Fracus & Darwin'.

As a pathetically keen fanboy, I was familiar with 90% of the material before it was released anyway, so for it will all be about having a play about when I get chance.
trippnface real review

1 ) collide : vocals i love. breaks are always good. not my favorite breaks style but the track is really great. upbeat happy vibe. mmm those vocals ^.^. great start. 8/10

2) blow out part 4 : ( well since most tracks on the album have the bit of breaks or more that i fkn love; that is a constant plus on all tracks for me :p ) pretty cool intro; then absolutely love the piano drop with moar breaks into hardcore. the funky sound in the track works well. solid banger. 7/10

3) believe in something : another solid track; not one that jumps out at me too much. nice current f & d hardcore sound. good vocals; but there are so many good vocals on the album ;) . 7/10

4 ) break these records : ****. FUUUUUCK. god damnit i love this track. seriously has me frothing at the mouth jumping around breaking things. favorite track off the album and my favorite in general in a good while. i think it is perfect. this is the kind of shit i show to people and be like BAM ; prepare for a face****ing. right into the hardcore; crazy intro makes me feel super future; then that drop... good lord. 100% pure banger, dancefloor destroyer . that energy!!!! i can call that spiritual.
that fkn breaks breakdown .... sounds SOOOOO clean; so perfect. then into that awesome future sound....they nailed it. 10/10 ; utter bliss. i need more like this.

5 ) cross the line VS reece : cheyaaa that straight breakbeat track. love it. been a favorite of mine for awhile; and this refined version is damn clean; def like it more. i always love some wicked dnb and this shit has me going crazy again. dancefloor killer. reece's flow is great and it works so good with the track. people have to love this one. i will put this one on anywhere and i bet people will get down :p . even the weird part is good. just more boss ass shit. 9/10

6) no matter what : oh man those vocals <3. what a beautiful track. i dont get how dance music fans across the board cant like this. hands down extremely talented rave music. full of energy. those vocals get me hard. so much sing along. what a solid breakdown as well. absolutely killer. 8- 9/ 10

7) more than i can take : YESSSS. so cool!!! this track makes me happy. what a cleaaaan sound. so many props. absolutely love it. this is quality. seriously. they are blowing my mind across the board. was not expecting anything like this liquid bass <3. grooving so hard. this is top dnb. darren and gammer at edc? pshh book f & d on the bassrush stage. 9/10

8) music's hypnotizing : what do you know. ANOTHER banger. a few seconds in and my grin is already large. and it just gets larger. more sing along LOVE. damn this album has my vocal needs covered i have been needing to shout along to some solid hardcore for so long; THANK YOU . such a good track; maximum grooving achieved. and the breaks for good measure :') . solid current HARD hardcore track. super pleased. 8 - 9 / 10.

9) only one of me : ok i can take a break from freaking out ;) . not necessarily my preferred listening music; but damn if this is not a greatly produced track. i can definitely take a breather and groove to this for awhile. they are very talented and it is clearly showing. fracus & darwin deserve WAYYY more recognition. for real. and i would love to think i am not being a biased f & d fanboy; this is actually 100% better than what the other hardcore leaders attempts at other things are. the hardcore version doesnt get me too much better than this one honestly. this is a nice track. 7/ 10

10) heart on fire : another nice track; but for me it is more along the lines of hardcore version of only one of me imo. good track; but doesn't POP out at me like some of these badboys.vocals are cool but some of these vocals just own me. no worries with so much bomb though ;) . do enjoy that weird breakdown though. fracus & darwin are so creative. 6/10

11) loved again : down for more breakbeat ;) . more clean female vocals... i love grooving to breakbeat hardcore. so freakin clean. and f & d own it!. puts a smile on my face. 8/10 every track sounds so current; but still so hardcore...props.

12 ) roar : ok track but not one of my favorites. a for effort though. i like my energy to keep building and building and EXPLODE~! prob my least favorite track off the album;and its not that bad... 5/10

13) stepmania : o man; they can touch every avenue and just make it gold. we are blessed to have fracus & darwin in our scene. literal hardcore saviors. not a hardstyle/ powerstomp fan persay ; but this track has a great melody and good energy. good stompy stompy. can see a large variety of people enjoying this track. 7/10

14 ) join us now : this one is a bit too heavy on the hardstyle/ gabber element for me; but it is pretty clear i like my upbeat; female vocal driven; breaky hardcore love :). 4 -5/ 10.

what a wonderful piece of art by two highly accomplished individuals. i give my highest regards; both intellectually and emotionally. they should pat themselves on the back big time. what a glorious representation of the current elements in our scene. i would be proud to show this as the shining example of hardcore to anybody. this is superb stuff; at a much needed time. something to cherish for the ages <3. i wonder if they can outdo themselves ;)

CDJay Nice review, but I guarantee "Join Us Now" will grow on you when the Blu-ray hits

CDJay
trippnface
quote:
Nice review, but I guarantee "Join Us Now" will grow on you when the Blu-ray hits

CDJay

haha i don't doubt it !
AoS_Lorenzo I'm pretty convinced I make a complete twat of myself at the end of the Blu Ray -_- more so than I do on a normal basis.
_Jay_
Finally picked this up (along with Material). Got a trans-Atlantic flights on Monday to get stuck right into both. Feedback to follow.

quote:
As a pathetically keen fanboy, I was familiar with 90% of the material before it was released anyway

Pathetic.

We've done this before, haven't we?

Elliott I thought it was okay. A few good tracks. Not my kind of music at all.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Finally picked this up (along with Material). Got a trans-Atlantic flights on Monday to get stuck right into both. Feedback to follow.

Transatlantic? Where are you traveling to?

_Jay_

New York, brah. The company I work for is headquartered there.

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

New York, brah. The company I work for is headquartered there.

Lucky skank! have fun! Hope you get a chance to tour the city.

Oh if you happened to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, it's actually free. They have a "suggested" price to get in, but it's actually free. Feel free to give the $25, or give them whatever you feel like.
CDJay TV advert, initially on MTV Dance/Clubland TV/Chart Show Dance in the UK throughout December (although we're looking at expanding to the U.S and Oz!)

https://www.facebook.com/FracusandDarwin/videos/765585320235761/

First "indie" hardcore label to TV advertise, ever, AFAIK, and frankly I don't think even the majors have bothered much in the past few years.....

Post, comment, share, shout etc.

We're all in. Bet the scene on it.

CDJay
Samination bring back technohead styled commercials, man.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
I thought it was okay. A few good tracks. Not my kind of music at all.

you need to get into j core dude. balls to the wall not overly commercial uk hardcore is pretty much dead.

no more of this boys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixziu-gZGyc
Captain Triceps Quote from that video's comments (It's Hixxy - More & More for those that aren't going to click it)
quote:

"This tune is quite possibly the most intensly breathtaking hardcore tune ever made whenever this comes on in a club or at a rave the whole place goes berserk.

This is what rave is all about."

What a fucking johnson.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Quote from that video's comments (It's Hixxy - More & More for those that aren't going to click it)
quote:

"This tune is quite possibly the most intensly breathtaking hardcore tune ever made whenever this comes on in a club or at a rave the whole place goes berserk.

What a fucking johnson.

It's a great track, and during that time it was refreshing and very reminiscent to the late 90s happy hardcore vibe with an updated feel to it.

I hardly ever read a lot of people mention it, even on these forums.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Quote from that video's comments (It's Hixxy - More & More for those that aren't going to click it)
quote:

What a fucking johnson.

It's a great track, and during that time it was refreshing and very reminiscent to the late 90s happy hardcore vibe with an updated feel to it.

I hardly ever read a lot of people mention it, even on these forums.

It's far from terrible, don't get me wrong. But his description was a very bold statement, to say the least.

Alexbturbo I noticed it's now been released as a digital package on the usual outlets.

Although for some reason JunoDownload have tagged the album style as "UK Garage" on their site lol
CDJay HMV did the same thing with the CLSM album in stores.

The curse!

CDJay
Triquatra is there any speed garage on the album? :D
CDJay The outstanding vinyl/usb from the Deluxe edition are shipping tomorrow.

There is a "bolt on" option available until Feb 1st for people who bought the CD and want to add both the vinyl *and* USB.

We've also made them available separately, although at a significant premium compared to pre-orders and grace period orders.

Really very proud of this one; the complete bundle is truly tremendous to behold!

CDJay
djDMS This should have been big news everywhere.

Alas...
Samination
quote:
The outstanding vinyl/usb from the Deluxe edition are shipping tomorrow.

There is a "bolt on" option available until Feb 1st for people who bought the CD and want to add both the vinyl *and* USB.

We've also made them available separately, although at a significant premium compared to pre-orders and grace period orders.

Really very proud of this one; the complete bundle is truly tremendous to behold!

CDJay

is the USB option there because it's illegal in the UK to make backup of other medias without the written permission from copyright owners (you)? :P
CDJay Whilst that was true, I believe that changed a year or two ago.....

USB option is there so we can present Studio Masters at 24/96 without down sampling/dithering.

It also has three extra tracks, a write up, the TV ad, and photos.

CDJay
Samination
quote:
Whilst that was true, I believe that changed a year or two ago.....

nope, they reverted it just a year ago. Or appealed, can't remember exactly
djDMS Whether it's true or not, it's an almost unenforceable law.
djDMS Anybody got their Vinyl/USB yet?

The wait is killing me!
CDJay It'll be tomorrow, it took a while to load the usb sticks so uk orders went Tuesday.

CDJay
Impulse_Response I'm still contemplating buying this, even though it might not be my favorite album from F&D.

I noticed in the album description it says that "adjustments were made with respect to format." I'm curious what kind of adjustments you made, if you don't mind sharing.
CDJay Vinyl has a tailing off around 16khz which needs accounting for, amongst other things.

CDJay
Impulse_Response
quote:
Vinyl has a tailing off around 16khz which needs accounting for, amongst other things.

CDJay

I've always heard rumors about ~15-16 kHz low passing on records but I never knew for sure, so it's great to get confirmation of this. Thanks for sharing!

As for the "amongst other things," I'll hazard a guess at differences in dynamic range compression between the digital and the vinyl.
djDMS It's lovely! Got the USB in the car today, will be playing the vinyl later.

The whole package is a credit to HU and proof of their commitment to making things happen
Claxton I think I said on here when the CD arrived that it is the best artist album I've ever bought. The quality of the music is incredible. It's so in touch with modern sounds and production whilst still being creative and having all the energy you want hardcore to have.

Getting the deluxe package has just taken the album to a whole new level. The artwork is striking and beautiful. I love the lyrics on the inside of the sleeve. The USB contains DJ friendly versions of tracks which were cut down on the CD along with a few extra goodies and has the higher quality wavs. There is even Rekordbox analysis date on the USB stick. The depth, thought and effort put into this product is staggering. A true collectors item and I implore you to upgrade to the deluxe if you haven't already; it's worth it!

kazukism92 Funk what, the vinyl art looks sexy... Waiting only the CD copy to arrive ;_____; economical situation like a shit but it's something.
lurker Oh man, if the music lived up to the presentation I'd get that in a heartbeat. That sleeve looks fantastic.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
I thought it was okay. A few good tracks. Not my kind of music at all.

you need to get into j core dude. balls to the wall not overly commercial uk hardcore is pretty much dead.

no more of this boys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixziu-gZGyc

That's why I don't post on here much anymore. UK hardcore is dead to me. :(

At least the Japanese are giving it a pretty good go though!

It took 7.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page