Radio listeners 169+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Album Sales!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Claxton Darren Styles just posted this picture on Facebook obviously showing that Clubland X-Treme Hardcore (1) sold more than 100,000 copies in the UK alone.

A hardcore album which sold more than 100,000 copies is staggering.

I tried to look for information on the sales of other hardcore albums but had no joy.

Does anyone know any sales figures or know where to access the information for different hardcore albums of singles? What is the highest selling hardcore album of all time?

latininxtc I know a few of the Happy 2B Hardcore albums went over 100k I'll try and find which ones.
Samination Some of the Bonbers had silver (and gold?) editions. Was that because of good sales aswell?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Some of the Bonbers had silver (and gold?) editions. Was that because of good sales aswell?

I think those were just re-releases.
ConnerIntenzifi
ConnerIntenzifi I'm sure the silver & gold editions were to represent the sales they reached as it was only a few editions that got re-released like that.
silver In the UK, Silver is 60K+ , Gold is 100K ... yes a few bonkers went over 100,000.

The Hardcore Classics from MoS also went over 100K... I think hardcore nation also did 90K or so on the first one...
Mickey Init What about World of Vinylgroover?
robertybob Hardcore Adrenaline must have done a fair few, as it spurned 2 follow ups?
CDJay I know the highest was one of the MoS Helter Skelter ones, but can't remember which one exactly.

Bonkers 3 definitely did over 100,000. However that happened well after release!

CDJay

Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
What about World of Vinylgroover?

:D!
Thumpa The Helter Skelter one is the highest selling album of all time I think, from around 2007? Straight from CLSM's mouth the other week.

I'm sure Shooting Star did something like 18,000 vinyl sales? CDJay?
Elliott I thought it was well known that the CXH albums did very well (especially the early entries). Shouldn't be too surprising really. Those were great albums.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
The Helter Skelter one is the highest selling album of all time I think, from around 2007? Straight from CLSM's mouth the other week.

It would've been Helter Skelter Vs Raindance: Hardcore 2007 then.

Decent album but not one I would've expected to be the all-time bestseller.

I miss those compilations with the rave breaks discs. Better times.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
I thought it was well known that the CXH albums did very well (especially the early entries). Shouldn't be too surprising really. Those were great albums.

The first 4 were quite decent, especially the first two and 4, but once 5 came out it quickly went downhill from there.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
I thought it was well known that the CXH albums did very well (especially the early entries). Shouldn't be too surprising really. Those were great albums.

The first 4 were quite decent, especially the first two and 4, but once 5 came out it quickly went downhill from there.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that they were all great by any stretch.

1, 2 and 4 are three of the best hardcore compilations ever put out in my opinion.

Plus they were released at a time when hardcore in general was in very good health, sounded great and had some degree of mainstream popularity amongst people my age. It's little wonder they sold well.

Where I live, there was a time when it wasn't uncommon to hear hardcore at house parties, on people's phones and coming out of people's cars. Of course, all of this happened during what I consider the golden era of hardcore, which only strengthens my belief in that particular style.

latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

1, 2 and 4 are three of the best hardcore compilations ever put out in my opinion.

lol no. They were certainly great, but the best hardcore compilations??? Hardly. Although I do consider ranking 1 or 2 in the top 10 of best ones.

And the golden era of hardcore was really mid to late 90s. But the mid-2000s were certainly a rebirth of UK hardcore IMO since that really spurred the music into all sorts of directions.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol no. They were certainly great, but the best hardcore compilations??? Hardly. Although I do consider ranking 1 or 2 in the top 10 of best ones.

And the golden era of hardcore was really mid to late 90s. But the mid-2000s were certainly a rebirth of UK hardcore IMO since that really spurred the music into all sorts of directions.

What do you prefer? And please don't rattle off the entire Hardcore Underground series just because you can't get off HU's dick. No HU album comes close to CXH 4.

Also it's called an opinion for a reason.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What do you prefer? And please don't rattle off the entire Hardcore Underground series just because you can't get off HU's dick. No HU album comes close to CXH 4.

Also it's called an opinion for a reason.

But HU dick feels SOOOO good why would I ever want to get off of it?!?!?

But I am a man who enjoys an album with variety and although CXH1, 2 and 4 I like a lot, they severely lack a good variety of the hardcore scene. I like all styles of hardcore from gabber, to freeform, to mainstream, to powerstomp (preferably in small doses and/or live) to breaks, etc. I'm not limited to enjoy 1 or 2 particular styles of hardcore like some people. So any album that makes a good attempt at bringing variety in their mixes or the whole album is very welcomed to me.

So as far as what I think is better than CXH4 off the top of my head? HU4, HU6, Hardcore Adrenaline 1, Bonkers 15, Euphoria Hardcore, and even CXH2. I'm sure there are more that I'm missing.
CDJay "No HU album comes close to CXH 4."

It may be a good example of what it is, but it's far from being anything that Bonkers et al used to be. At best it's a snapshot of a genre at its peak, but only a snapshot. Not a gallery.

I'll put HU4, and even HU7 in context, against that every time. However good it *is* it's less good than it should have F**ing been

Which loops back to my main issue anyway, the reason Bonkers 1 or 3 is held to such regard is that it *is* a snapshot of a SCENE. Not a selfie with your besties.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

Which loops back to my main issue anyway, the reason Bonkers 1 or 3 is held to such regard is that it *is* a snapshot of a SCENE. Not a selfie with your besties.

CDJay

lol I love how you always manage to be brilliant with your words!
CDJay Based on my foiled hit rates.. Others are less keen.

CDJay
Vladel Sorry guys you have it the wrong way around! No clubland hardcore album comes anywhere near to HU4
Claxton Just seen this:

Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Just seen this:

But sadly the whole world knows it for the shit radio version.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Just seen this:

But sadly the whole world knows it for the shit radio version.

Yea this version is SO much better than the radio version!

I want to know how many CD singles I Can't Stop Raving or Rainbow To The Stars by Dune sold, I would have thought one of those would have topped it. Or perhaps a Blumchen/Blossom track.
djDMS 1.3 million!
Triquatra Awww, gonna have to disagree with Captain Triceps, on at least the "shit" part. Flamman and Abraxas are the reason it sold that many. Without their radio version the song would just be another lowly 'unknown' gabber track (relatively speaking).

bits of the radio edit are shit, but I love when the amen kicks in, along with F and A's punchy Juno stabs!
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Awww, gonna have to disagree with Captain Triceps, on at least the "shit" part. Flamman and Abraxas are the reason it sold that many. Without their radio version the song would just be another lowly 'unknown' gabber track (relatively speaking).

bits of the radio edit are shit, but I love when the amen kicks in, along with F and A's punchy Juno stabs!

Well, I guess, yeah.
For some reason the 'proper' version is on the playlist on my local pub's music system. Sounds well odd when that comes on in the afternoon, in amongst the classic rock and what have you.
Triquatra Hehehe, that's brilliant! :D
djDMS It's on a couple of 90's dance compilations.

Somebody wasn't paying attention when they licensed the tracks!
Guest americans brought them all
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
In the UK, Silver is 60K+ , Gold is 100K ... yes a few bonkers went over 100,000.

The Hardcore Classics from MoS also went over 100K... I think hardcore nation also did 90K or so on the first one...

I thought it was 80k for silver, 125k for gold and I think its 250k for platinum, I could be wrong though, as I thought bonkers 3 sold 125k +
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
The Helter Skelter one is the highest selling album of all time I think, from around 2007? Straight from CLSM's mouth the other week.

It was the first one from 2005, helter skelter presents hardcore the classics, 3 cds mixed by billy bunter, bunter actually put it up on facebook a while ago, that's how I know, and he done something similar what styles done and put a photo up of the framed gold award cd stating how many units it sold, can't remember how many units though!
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
can't remember how many units though!

I think it was 11 million.
Guest 500,000 units: Gold album
1,000,000 units: Platinum album
2,000,000 or more units: Double-Platinum album
3,000,000 or more units: Multi-Platinum album
10,000,000 units: Diamond album

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_certification

british

Album 60,000 100,000 300,000
Single 200,000 400,000 600,000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Phonographic_Industry

It took 2.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page