Total online 2230
 Radio listeners 160+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 What was the golden era for Happy Hardcore?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ChavDestroyer I found out about it around 06/07 aged 11 because it was what everyone was listening to back then.
We used to send to songs to each other via bluetooth
"Listen to your heart" and "Hold me Tonight" were the main ones I remember
By 08 nobody I knew listened to it anymore
When do you remember happy hardcore being at it's peak??
DJBoydy 1995 !! But I'm showing my age now !!!!!!!

Any era that produced 'Jiiieehaaaa' must be golden !!
Brainchild I think 95 to early 99 (before it went trancy with Bonkers 7) was the golden age, it's what I mainly listen to even now.
Guest the general answer will be 94-97 or 2000-2004, the past 5 years has been pure trash

early 2000 is more the NRG clubland cd hardcore, the past 5 years is EDM type trash, or its trap or they don`t actually know what they are actually making
Gaz mace-E 1988
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
the general answer will be 94-97 or 2000-2004, the past 5 years has been pure trash

early 2000 is more the NRG clubland cd hardcore, the past 5 years is EDM type trash, or its trap or they don`t actually know what they are actually making

Pretty much nailed it and pretty much agree, tho, it has to be said I am warming to some of the newer stuff especially from Alex Prospect and Olly P.

warped_candykid To me, there are 2 golden eras!

1996-1999 (Pretty much all the anthems we love and know are from this period, plus tracks were bursting with imagination)

2004-2010 (With the launch of Bonkers 12, and the launch of the hit titles such as Hardcore Heaven, Hardcore Nation, & Hardcore Adrenaline, this time era showcased a great portrait of styles and our own 'new age' anthems).

2015---Could we be entering a new era with the launch of HU 7?

CDJay Bonus points for working out that dreams, never mind resurrection, needs belief

Irrespective of era, the last two years have seen music, cd, and album releases that can shame even glory days.

CDJay
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Bonus points for working out that dreams, never mind resurrection, needs belief

Irrespective of era, the last two years have seen music, cd, and album releases that can shame even glory days.

CDJay

Really? No, now you're just being high on yourself. And where's my RFUCD #2? :P

For purely Happy Hardcore, I'd have to say 1997-2000
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Bonus points for working out that dreams, never mind resurrection, needs belief

CDJay

Will this moment in time go down as one of the highlights of the scene? I'm going to stick my neck out & say it will.

The past couple of years have been inspiring! In & around 2010 I have to admit, things got very flat & a little too bland for me but there's real creativity & diversity surrounding the scene at the minute.

This has to go down as a real stand out time in the scene. Not quite 94-97 but definitely up there, & I think I can say this with confidence as I've been enjoying hardcore since the glory days. I'm adding it to the list. Try & stop me!

- 94-97
- 2000-2004
- 2012-2016+
Thumpa You haven't seen raves rammed like 96/97 and 2002/3, Helter Skelter had 9000 people every 3 months in the 90s and Slammin at the Sanctuary in 02/03 had pretty much the same. Nowadays only Westfest gets that.

It doesn't matter what the music is like these days, big rave attendance is shocking.
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
You haven't seen raves rammed like 96/97 and 2002/3, Helter Skelter had 9000 people every 3 months in the 90s and Slammin at the Sanctuary in 02/03 had pretty much the same. Nowadays only Westfest gets that.

It doesn't matter what the music is like these days, big rave attendance is shocking.

westfest is the only big hardcore ish event, motion in bristol can still do 3->4000 with all 5 rooms rocking hardcore alone

most events ar`nt advertised nowhere

space of 2 years there were 6 or 7 events at motion

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=motion+bristol+hardcore
Elliott Hardcore evolved slowly last decade. We didn't really see any quantum leaps like we did with happy hardcore or the new style.

I'm labelling the whole decade as my golden era.
Guest as long it don`t evolve too much and end up looking like a ram night, with everyone looking like twats in golf hats and old man caps thinking they is cooooo00l

would have to drop mindscape outta sets
Quicksilver My personal opinion is the era where HU3-4, CXH4-5 and such were released. I will forever remember so many of those tune, especially Let Me In (Darwin Remix). I guess 2006-2009ish.
DjZelous I think 2004 to 2011 was the best era for hardcore. i like the hardcore of today but i think it sounds too much like big room electro house, which is ok but we need more originality in the scene
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
You haven't seen raves rammed like 96/97 and 2002/3, Helter Skelter had 9000 people every 3 months in the 90s and Slammin at the Sanctuary in 02/03 had pretty much the same. Nowadays only Westfest gets that.

the amount of people listening to Hardcore should never be measured in how many goes to a rave. especially not now that you have the internet and basicly everyone can listen (not only english chavs or drunkards :P)
Elliott The answers are pretty much as predicted:
94-97
97-99
00-04
05-09

And then weirdos who like the modern sound.
Smoogie It seems to go through phases.

There was the Old Skool days of 1990-1992 but then there was the Jungle split off 39/94 when I think people actually called it Happy Hardcore.

For the Happy stuff, it seems to be years 95-97, at least that when the big tunes were out, the start of Bonkers and the area people think of when they think Happy Hardcore.

Early 2000s was more of a revival period, not so much Old Skool sounding but some good stuff from the Freeform side of things. Even Raver Baby weren't so bad back then

These days I don't follow much but still some big following for Freeform and some people still make Old Skool, always someone making some breakbeat and Casketcrusher makes the old 'Funcore' sound
Vladel 96-98 and 05-08.
djDMS Depends how old you are.

I can only think of Happy Hardcore as being between 1993-98 (ish)

Every other period is something else
Guest and none of them know this

never no more wallet at the bottom of the inside of your jacket all winter init
The drunken scotsman My favourite time for hardcore was 2003 - 2007

So much good music around in those days from a wide range of artists most of whom had their own unique style.

These days there are only a selct few producers who il even bother listening to and even then they're pretty similar in style.
DJ A.K. Music wise for me it was 94-98 and 2002-2006

94-98 every man and his dog made happy hardcore (dutch, germans, scotts etc etc) plus load of labels and events.
2002-06 the music was reborn with a newer fresher sound thanks to scott brown, hixxy, ufo, breeze and styles plus many others also big events went back to playing/including hardcore.
DJ SMALOUM 2003-2005 for me
DJ SMALOUM 2003-2005 for me

It took 0.97 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page