Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Buy and sell
 Technics 1210s

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
happiestcore Shootin' Star I'm lookin' for a set of Technics 1210s to get my old vinyl collection up and running again. I'm in California and need 2 decks. Unfortunately I sold mine 8 years ago and they were a rare pair. So frickin' stoopid. Anyway, I'm looking for places online to buy, have to be in good condition with minimal defects. Still have some gold tipped needles which I didn't get rid of at the time of the decks, guy was trying to get them for nothing. Had a look on
www.used.forsale/turntables
and doesn't seem too bad. Where else can I look? Would be amazing if I could find a set in Cali.
Guest 1210s suck, they just have all the fanbois that are shit at mixing, get a pair of stanton str8-150`s instead

they are made for battles and general use, and mixing on 4 decks, 1210s break as soon as you scratch or use them too hard http://www.stantondj.com/stanton-turntables/str8-150.html
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
1210s break as soon as you scratch or use them too hard

Mine are nigh on 20 years old, and work as well as the day I got them.
Captain Triceps I'm going to regret replying, aren't I.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I'm going to regret replying, aren't I.

I just sold on my 1210s to pay a few bills (again) must be the 8th pair of decks I've gone through now. I tend to buy them when I have the money then they get sold again when I need money XD; always hold onto my vinyl though.

The 1210s were actually my least favourite out of all the ones I've had. Plenty of other as good, and better decks out there.

back on subject though, ebay is probably the best bet these days.
quote:
quote:
1210s break as soon as you scratch or use them too hard

Mine are nigh on 20 years old, and work as well as the day I got them.

str8-150 are why technic`s stopped selling 1210`s, if you have a club or venue with alot of style playing, str8-150`s won`t let any music genre down by breaking when someone starts to scratch or does alot of rewinds etc, and the stylus won`t break or start to bounce

the motor has 4x the torque of a 1210, the pickup will pickup and the motor won`t need a push start or maintenance every month

str8-150 are`nt aimed at nothing, they are just built for all general use
Captain Triceps I always scratch with my Technics (they are actually 1200's, my apologies).
I'll not sell them just to buy an alternative pair but I appreciate your suggestion is gratefully noted.
quote:
I always scratch with my Technics (they are actually 1200's, my apologies).
I'll not sell them just to buy an alternative pair but I appreciate your suggestion is gratefully noted.

i did`nt tell you to buy a pair, i said the OP would be better of with str8-150`s instead of sticking to crap old 1210`s

you will probably have to buy new decks, because they don`t break often
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:

i did`nt tell you to buy a pair, i said the OP would be better of with str8-150`s instead of sticking to crap old 1210`s

I didn't say you did tell me to. In any case, my 1200's have served me perfectly well with regular use, and they were manufactured in 1996. I would recommend them, anyway.
Please don't quote me any more in this thread.
quote:
quote:
quote:

I didn't say you did tell me to. In any case, my 1200's have served me perfectly well with regular use, and they were manufactured in 1996. I would recommend them, anyway.

i`ll quote all i want, if you get a pair of 1210s on ebay or somewhere for $500, they will need $200 in maintenance when they are delivered, in the long run you are just better off with some str8-150s
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i`ll quote all i want, if you get a pair of 1210s on ebay or somewhere for $500, they will need $200 in maintenance when they are delivered, in the long run you are just better off with some str8-150s

Please can I have your real name, address and phone number to send to my solicitors?
Thank you.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Please can I have your real name, address and phone number to send to my solicitors?
Thank you.

i`ll piss on your solicitor, i`ll swing my whale dick around and slap him in the face with it first, before pissing on him or her
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thank you.

i`ll piss on your solicitor, i`ll swing my whale dick around and slap him in the face with it first, before pissing on him or her

Oh, well, I best not get him involved then, cheers.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thank you.

Oh, well, I best not get him involved then, cheers.

word, dedicated for to kool fm in a london dairy https://youtu.be/34F_uOBWNKk?t=43m36s
Triquatra
quote:

😂
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:

😂

I can't blame anyone but myself.
happiestcore Whoops
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by happiestcore:
Whoops

I honestly cannot apologise enough.
Guest crying over 1210s like today nerds will be crying over the pioneer plx, goto most events like dark drum & bass and hip hop they will more then likely have str8-150`s if they have vinyl, and have done for 10 years
Captain Triceps
quote:
crying over 1210s like today nerds will be crying over the pioneer plx, goto most events like dark drum & bass and hip hop they will more then likely have str8-150`s if they have vinyl, and have done for 10 years

Maybe because it's so dark they don't need to know what they are using?
Guest should go find some andy c, zinc and dylan sets from 99->2002, even then, stantons were normally used

1210`s would have dropped dead half way through all d&b events
Captain Triceps
quote:
should go find some andy c, zinc and dylan sets from 99->2002, even then, stantons were normally used

Maybe if they did a few less rewinds things would be different.
quote:
quote:
should go find some andy c, zinc and dylan sets from 99->2002, even then, stantons were normally used

Maybe if they did a few less rewinds things would be different.

did`nt do hardly any rewinds, tekstep did`nt have mc hammers chatting bollox non stop, its more dropping a new mix every 16 bars alnight long on 3 or 4 decks

It took 1.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page