Radio listeners 187+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 ep vol 5 thingy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
trippnface shouldn't HU of posted something about that here!?

surely not everyone here has a facebook right?

I would of been so pissed if i missed out on this because i didnt use facebook ( which i really don't; mostly to argue politics with stupid f*cks under a fake name because they get so upset at my poignant facts)

some of the real peeps here defo deserve that heads up ;p

** OFUK i am now advanced!!!**
the day is here!!
arpz I really want it but money issues at the moment... I'm going to check the situation and hopefully get an order in tomorrow. I'm not mad on these sort of promotions because I have all the HU stuff available on the store and now I'm forced to buy something else in order to keep my collection complete(ish)

I do understand why they run them but essentially being an early adopter/collector is repeatedly punished which is a bit of a shame
Impulse_Response I really don't like it when people or labels do this sort of thing.

GET IT NOW!! ONLY 300 COPIES!! NO REPRESSES!!!

It's almost as if they don't want the music out there or they want people acquiring it some other way.
AoS_Lorenzo

bought Mob/Enemy album along with Entity album once they announced it.
Hyped as f*ck for it

They do this kind of thing as a "promotional giveaway" which means they're trying to sell more albums in the process. Is that bad to say?
Captain Triceps I wonder what will be on it?
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by AoS_Lorenzo:
They do this kind of thing as a "promotional giveaway" which means they're trying to sell more albums in the process. Is that bad to say?

Yes. It's like they're holding you hostage; buy more stuff or you're never getting a copy of this.

I already spent $200 on albums about a month ago. It's hard to justify finding something else to buy so I can get my hands on an EP that I may never find again.
latininxtc Are you cunts really bitching about something for free that probably won't run out for another 6 months???

Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Are you cunts really bitching about something for free that probably won't run out for another 6 months???

I'm the only one complaining so far.

Also, your gifs get really annoying.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
quote:
Are you cunts really bitching about something for free that probably won't run out for another 6 months???

I'm the only one complaining so far.

Also, your gifs get really annoying.

AoS_Lorenzo
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I wonder what will be on it?

bangers!
trippnface
quote:
quote:
I wonder what will be on it?

bangers!

hell ya; that is what im thinkin haha

i swooped obie - X... mostly for futureshock. fkn gammer .... lol
Samination Well the other EP's have had OK tracks, but not something GREAT.

But I agree with what Advather said. Or that they dont want people to hear the music...
arpz All the previous EPs have been amazing!

Ordered the Prospect album, was going to do it after Christmas but it's done now and the potential EP hole is now filled :D

Now that I'm not panicking can we have some speculation on the content? :)
Guest dont need a facebook account, i deleted mine 5 years ago, if it actually has something decent on, it will end up on a forum anyway
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
dont need a facebook account, i deleted mine 5 years ago, if it actually has something decent on, it will end up on a forum anyway

Was it you terrorising the USH Facebook page, under the name Barry Badman?
djDMS I can understand why people might be a bit miffed by this.

If the post would have said 'any orders between x&y date will get this free' then it might have looked a bit less like YOU NEED TO BUY SOMETHING OR YOU WON'T GET AN EP!

Luckily, I still needed to buy Dark shadows 2. Could have done without it the week before Christmas though to be honest...
AoS_Lorenzo The original purpose they gave the other 4 was for attending their events(eventually gave away the rest after time). Keep that in mind!
Samination
quote:
The original purpose they gave the other 4 was for attending their events(eventually gave away the rest after time). Keep that in mind!

Still, the only way to purchase the tracks afterwords is to hope that someone pirates it. I don't know HU's stand on piracy on limited stock (I know Thumpa's stand). but when it's sold out or never repressed again, I rather condone the ones who never managed to get it during it's original run. If they complain after that, they're just being pissy or a bunch of hypocrits (*waves at thumpa*).

End of story; If it really was about the music, they shouldn't complain that people pirate it after it's sold out (forever).
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
The original purpose they gave the other 4 was for attending their events(eventually gave away the rest after time). Keep that in mind!

Still, the only way to purchase the tracks afterwords is to hope that someone pirates it. I don't know HU's stand on piracy on limited stock (I know Thumpa's stand). but when it's sold out or never repressed again, I rather condone the ones who never managed to get it during it's original run. If they complain after that, they're just being pissy or a bunch of hypocrits (*waves at thumpa*).

End of story; If it really was about the music, they shouldn't complain that people pirate it after it's sold out (forever).

Can you not manage to turn every conversation into a piracy conversation just because you're so proud to do it?

First off, you're not purchasing anything when you pirate it, you're stealing it.

Second, AFAIK the only time HU complained, publicly or otherwise, about piracy was when Little Man, Big Fight was already up for piracy a few days after shipment.

http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/57

I think Gaz was the one who was publicly upset about it, and it wasn't just that it was pirated so quickly, it's that this album was a non-profit album in that all profits will go to the Caring For Kian Foundation. And it's not even sold out yet, there are still some available at 5 quid less than what it was originally sold for.

And finally, what upsets Thumpa the most is that just like the Little Man, Big Fight album, his albums were already up for pirating days after he shipped them. There's no such thing as common sense, morals and ethics to those who put up albums for download or to freely listen to. They don't keep up with album sales off of sites like the HU store to make sure they're ready to put it up for free after they're completely sold out. And even then, some artist albums like all of Fracus & Darwin's are eventually put up for digital purchase so that negates the "it's already sold out" argument on your part.
arpz Just because something is limited edition doesn't make it right to pirate it, I'm all for the limited stuff, provided I can actually get hold of it and it irritates me if it becomes repressed or pirated because that takes away some of the 'prestige' of actually owning it.

latininxtc Y'all should probably consider waiting until after Christmas and new years in case HU decides to have a sale to make any purchases!
trippnface
quote:
quote:

lets all be real; if this sold out; and someone wanted the tracks; they will get them people.

end of story ;)

and i mean when it sells out; and there is no digital; what more could you ask for or expect of them?

deny a hardcore junkie his fix and feel the wrath!

i kinda feel like HU just doesnt give a **** and this was some end of the year promotional last cd sale buy up deal anyways; and they are hopefully stacking tons of HU work for the very close 2016 ;) which we will all buy
Samination Or they are waiting for some gobsmack buying the album(s) for 2 million like that unreleased Wu Tang album :P
quote:
quote:
dont need a facebook account, i deleted mine 5 years ago, if it actually has something decent on, it will end up on a forum anyway

ush`s page was dead anyway, pissing on dogs on acid was better, its just aload of middleclass nerds who aint never done acid http://www.dogsonacid.com/
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Just because something is limited edition doesn't make it right to pirate it, I'm all for the limited stuff, provided I can actually get hold of it and it irritates me if it becomes repressed or pirated because that takes away some of the 'prestige' of actually owning it.

Exactly.

If there's something I can't get it's tough shit. Won't go out and get it illegally.
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:

ush`s page was dead anyway, pissing on dogs on acid was better, its just aload of middleclass nerds who aint never done acid http://www.dogsonacid.com/

Not quite the question I asked, but cheers anyway.
latininxtc Looks like it'll sell out faster than expected! About half spoken for!
Alexbturbo I'm not on FaceAche, so had it not been for this thread I wouldn't have even known they were running this promo :( Still, now that I know, I've chucked an order in for a couple of bits I've been meaning to pick up this year so hopefully i'll get one of the EP's :) I'll have to order the other gaps in the back cat next year when I've got more funds available.

On a side note, how long has FaceAche been running a massive whiteout "Sign Up / Login" page that covers the entire front page and prevents you from viewing it? As I just tried viewing the HU page an reading the post on the EP, but as soon as you scroll down even a small amount the entire page / text gets covered by the whiteout "Login / Sign Up" screen. I assume this is FaceAche's way of trying to force more users to sign up?
CDJay I had intended to post something about it here, but things have been really hectic on all fronts. Also, normally, I'd have posted it in General Hardcore but I was fairly sure it would get moved.

We really don't want to punish early adopters, it's just a little gimmick to get people to perhaps take a chance on something they otherwise might not. Last year we did the store sampler, this year we thought we'd resurrect the EP series.

We could only get the CDs delivered end of this week, so it made sense to tie it in with Xmas (the EP comes in a separate envelope so people will *hopefully* wait until the 25th to open it)

People who've ordered everything, can email or DM/PM here or on FB and we'll send it out separately.

Previously the EPs were essentially a way to get out some stuff that had been lying around, this time it's more bootleggy and therefore we wouldn't sell. If people want to pirate that after the fact, then more power to them as we wouldn't sell it anyway.

We're just doing what we can to generate as many sales for as many active artists in the scene so people keep writing.

Looking at the results, it's safe to say that it tipped a fair number of people over the edge for Diversions/Albums Sessions 4/Dedicated. Which is great.

I'll hold a few back for fetishists who miss out for whatever reason, we always look after our core customers both home and abroad!

CDJay
arpz <3 Have a good new year dude :)
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Stuff

I've just bought HU7 to complete the collection. Chuck us as many freebies as you like!

Love, Paul Bradley

(Because I'm only Captain Triceps on here...)
arpz Also...bootleggy...that sounds good :)

As an aside, why is it that the FSH release is allowed to exist in General Hardcore yet anything HU isn't?

Silver?

And no, that's not a call to move FSH
CDJay It's a compilation featuring members. HU7 was in there too, which was great.

CDJay
djDMS Am I still getting my other free stuff at some point? ;-)
CDJay Absolutely. We're likely moving premises soon, and will fold our external storage unit into the main abode, at which point we'll do a proper stock check and sort all the graded stock/EPs etc.

.... by February. Promise!

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
Stuff

I've just bought HU7 to complete the collection. Chuck us as many freebies as you like!

Love, Paul Bradley

Dear god HU7??? You're even more late on that than I was!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Am I still getting my other free stuff at some point? ;-)

Other free stuff???

CDJay Three people are due the EP1-4 and other freebies as they were on or around order 7000.

Unfortunately, we offered it not realising that at least some of them were seriously buried, unsorted, in an external unit.

Oopsie!

CDJay
Triquatra :D We still love you, though!
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
:D We still love you, though!

Yes we do!
AoS_Lorenzo
quote:
quote:

Yes we do!

CDJay is everyone's homie 2016!
Ken Masters I cant complain, I'd been looking to grab the prospect album anyway so this is a bonus :)

..& I'm fairly certain i'll have the will power not to open till 25th! Not once have I opened my Simpsons advent calendar beyond the correct date, not once!
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes we do!

Well then maybe Rowan should consider updating this beautiful pic and adding Jon to it!

Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:
Stuff

Love, Paul Bradley

Dear god HU7??? You're even more late on that than I was!

I'm a skint motherfucker.
djDMS
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes we do!

Well then maybe Rowan should consider updating this beautiful pic and adding Jon to it!

Er, no he shouldn't!
AoS_Lorenzo He should be towering over that picture holding HU7, Diversions, & EP Vol 5 like a god or something!
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes we do!

Er, no he shouldn't!

Jealous that you won't share all that man meat to another person I see!
djDMS You never asked ;-)
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not quite the question I asked, but cheers anyway.

word, uk hardcore is harder then drum & bass, what all the fairies with no chicks in club nights all moshing to n shit

CDJay This is one of the few times your surrealism was needed to lighten the tone.

Say what you like about D&B *but* London Electricity are doing an Dolby Atmos object orientated soundscape performance at MoS in January on a 50+ speaker array. That's the sort of crap I think about, but often can't actually do, because I'm forever working with limited resources under the shadow of couple of old oak trees with the collective will and imagination of well... I daren't say. It's not the bioluminescent Avatar scene for sure. I blame the fuel providers, at any rate.

*signs off, ready to train as a lumberjack in 2016*

CDJay
Guest I will, its a gay scene for the middleclass
djDMS Got mine.
GrahamC Me too, bit gutted I already had some of the tracks though but waiting until Xmas day to listen to the ones I don't
arpz Got mine too! And listened... I know...shame on me...more than a few bits I've wanted for a while on here, I'm a happy bunny and I've also been thinking about my whole 'waaaaaahhh HU is mean we're being punished' thing over the last few days and kind of completely forgot the fact that every single one of my previous EP's has been sent to me free of charge and that I've only attended one of the events (and it wasn't an event with an EP) so I apologise for my lack of christmas spirit and ungrateful words.
CDJay *puts on cyber cat ears and PLURS*

Enjoy!

CDJay
AllisonM ordered the fracus & darwin album, hope theres a spare vol 5 for me :) xx
CDJay You just missed last posting (even with Tracked 24 instead of 48)

I will, however, hold an EP5 for you to go in when it's shipped

CDJay
Alexbturbo Received my order in the post today too. Just in time for Christmas :)

CheeRS guys :)
AllisonM
quote:
You just missed last posting (even with Tracked 24 instead of 48)

CDJay

thats fine and thank you xx
kazukism92 yo, is there a chance to get a copy after Xmas? -along with christmas wrapping and stuff liek that, just derp-
CDJay Sure thing, have held one. Just message when you place an order and I'll ensure there's an EP5 in

(I held 50 back, although I'm somewhat regretting doing 300 instead of 500)

CDJay
CDJay Hey international crew with qualifying orders!

I've spend part of my Xmas day creating a new e-mail list, and truly awful e-mail template, so y'all can have EP5 today.

Check your e-mail, and enjoy.

See you in 2016

CDJay @ HU
trippnface CDJay is the international pimp!!!
8=============================D ---------

thanks dude :)
djDMS What a wonderful man
kazukism92 THE F**********CK!!!!

*third party contacts problem*
CDJay PM me....

CDJay
Cyrax
quote:
quote:

It's never okay to pirate stuff as much as you try and justify it.

Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
quote:

Well, if it wasnt for piracy, I would probably never have heard of Happy Hardcore, never became a member of this website, never meet any of the fine lads on here or spend thousands of bucks on the genre. There's always 2 sides of a coin/arguement. But I guess piracy is so bad I should just f* off right?

Edit 1: I know that there are pricks who pirates stuff even when they can afford buying. I am not defending those turds.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, if it wasnt for piracy, I would probably never have heard of Happy Hardcore, never became a member of this website, never meet any of the fine lads on here or spend thousands of bucks on the genre.

Probably for the better.

Look you're not underage anymore you're at an age where you know better about pirating yet you still choose to do it.

Either way, young or not, it's still illegal at any age. And this isn't just about hardcore music, this is about every music genre as well as other media like films, television or audiobook.

Speaking of piracy, a few days ago MC Enemy was bitching on facebook that his album with MOB was already available for piracy, and encouraged everyone to go out and buy it. A few days later he was talking about websites where he can freely watch and download films. What a hypocritical dick.

Samination
quote:
quote:
Well, if it wasnt for piracy, I would probably never have heard of Happy Hardcore, never became a member of this website, never meet any of the fine lads on here or spend thousands of bucks on the genre.

Probably for the better.

Look you're not underage anymore you're at an age where you know better about pirating yet you still choose to do it.

Either way, young or not, it's still illegal at any age. And this isn't just about hardcore music, this is about every music genre as well as other media like films, television or audiobook.

Speaking of piracy, a few days ago MC Enemy was bitching on facebook that his album with MOB was already available for piracy, and encouraged everyone to go out and buy it. A few days later he was talking about websites where he can freely watch and download films. What a hypocritical dick.

Well, Talking about stupid laws or not, I wonder how many people in the UK know that it's still illegal to make backup (or ripping to your computer/mp3 player) of your bought music? :P Anyways, if MC Enemy where in Sweden, he wouldn't be that much of a hypocrite. Even tho it's illegal for people to upload movies to a website, it's still legal to stream them as a user (download is still illegal, but streaming is so far OK. It will probably be changed soon).
latininxtc
quote:
Hey international crew with qualifying orders!

I've spend part of my Xmas day creating a new e-mail list, and truly awful e-mail template, so y'all can have EP5 today.

Check your e-mail, and enjoy.

See you in 2016

CDJay @ HU

I didn't get an email!
Cyrax
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, if it wasnt for piracy, I would probably never have heard of Happy Hardcore, never became a member of this website, never meet any of the fine lads on here or spend thousands of bucks on the genre. There's always 2 sides of a coin/argument. But I guess piracy is so bad I should just f* off right?

Edit 1: I know that there are pricks who pirates stuff even when they can afford buying. I am not defending those turds.

I wasn't having go at yourself or anything, if you got into it through that method then that's great, everyone knows when they are doing right and wrong when you get to this age, if you've waited around too long to buy a limited edition album and then suddenly you can't get it, then you missed out it's just too bad, the lines are blurry sometimes but I guess the main point is, in a small scene like hardcore if you want it to grow and more music to be made, then some of the best producers need some incentive to keep doing it as for some it's their livelihood, I know of lots of producers that I've contacted to make music for me and they do love the music but have to focus on other projects because that's what pays the bills, for me it's just a hobby and I have a full time job but for some it's different
Samination Well if I miss out, then it's definitly my fault. But if someone got into Hardcore right now? How would they know that there are artists who only makes things a limited edition, in an age where most is digitally available 24/7 (legally and illegally).

In my opinion, Limited stuff just hurts the scene in the long run, as the only ones that has ability to get what they want have either been around since the 90's (been able to get the vinyls on release) or are quick to get stuff now (users on this forum). No, leave limited edition to extra content.

And just to quote Advarther again:
quote:

It's almost as if they don't want the music out there or they want people acquiring it some other way.
Cyrax
quote:
In my opinion, Limited stuff just hurts the scene in the long run, as the only ones that has ability to get what they want have either been around since the 90's (been able to get the vinyls on release) or are quick to get stuff now (users on this forum). No, leave limited edition to extra content.

And just to quote Advarther again:
quote:

For smaller labels sitting on unsold stock doesn't make the CD model worth while, by saying it's limited it adds incentive to shift copies quickly and then they can move onto the next project

CDJay Yes, I kind of miss doing that tbf.

I don't *like* running out of things, and if I could go back in time and press more HU4 / 2010s I definitely would, but having stacks of boxes of CDs lying around for each project isn't entirely thrilling.

*glares at Presents 2013*

We'll likely be moving, next year, to more limited CD runs with faster digital releases as the stock depletes. That seems like the best way to preserve the model that is currently working, whilst facilitating a burgeoning international base.

CDJay
Cyrax
quote:
Yes, I kind of miss doing that tbf.

I don't *like* running out of things, and if I could go back in time and press more HU4 / 2010s I definitely would, but having stacks of boxes of CDs lying around for each project isn't entirely thrilling.

*glares at Presents 2013*

We'll likely be moving, next year, to more limited CD runs with faster digital releases as the stock depletes. That seems like the best way to preserve the model that is currently working, whilst facilitating a burgeoning international base.

CDJay

spare CDs make great coasters though, or to prop up that wonky dining room table ;)

AllisonM
quote:
You just missed last posting (even with Tracked 24 instead of 48)

CDJay

recieved it today thank you :) xx
CDJay Excellent (ish) news! You'll note we still attempted Tracked 24, on the offchance, but alas.

Better late than never, though. Enjoy!

CDJay
robertybob So, I quite enjoyed this. I already had a few of the tracks, however I was impressed with those I hadn't previously owned or heard before. Probably my favourite HU EP so far!
Craigavon raver Is there any of these left by any chance? I missed out on this, as I haven't been on here in about 6 months and I very rarely go on facebook, I noticed something about it a few months ago on the hu website when I was pre-ordering nu foundations album, but I never asked then as I thought i'd missed out, I have nearly all the hu releases and I have all the other eps, so this would complete the collection! and i'll be pre-ordering one rave very shortly
CDJay I think we've got 4 or 5 left; I'll hold one for you. PM me when you pre-order and I'll put a note on the back end

We might have to repress this, even if it is just a few hundred. Flew out, so they did!

CDJay
Craigavon raver Nice one! I'll pm you the order number shortly

It took 4.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page