Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HU Podcast - Feb 2016 Discussion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
arpz

Seriously...how good was this episode?! Biggest tune on it for me has to be Gregor Le DahL ft Alison Gray - Change (Technikore Remix) which is forthcoming on HU DJ Tools vol 5 (!)

I don't think there was a bad tune on the whole podcast, if this is the shape of things to come then let's have it :)
brenergy Absolute bliss from start to finish! :V

As for my favorite track on this one... honestly, it'd be really hard to pick xD
The updated version of Comin' Down, Technikore's remix of Change, the F&D track at the beginning, and the AoS & Claxton tune would probably be tied for favorite
AoS_Lorenzo Every track on this podcast was very fresh & amazing! :D Loved it. Best one yet!
Mansy Every podcast is amazing! Love them all.
djDMS Best I've heard for ages.

Got to admit that real life is getting in the way of me having time for any fun at the minute but it certainly brightened me up
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by brenergy:
Technikore's remix of Change

Always look forward to the HU Show but this track in particular stood out for me. Wish they'd get CDJay back on them for a bit of a chat. Haven't had any updates on the printer in ages.
Dy5oN Definitely my favourite, for obvious reasons

quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Wish they'd get CDJay back on them for a bit of a chat. Haven't had any updates on the printer in ages.

I agree!
whittle1 HU delivering second to none again, nice one!
Samination Not to be a downer (I have to do it too), but what's fresh here? :P
Oh the tracks aren't bad, but I cant say I hear much that hasn't already been done (true, I just skimmed through, playing every minute mark for about 5 seconds so i could have missed something).
arpz **** new, just give us more of what we love. I would listen to 92-2003 style for the rest of my life if it was being made but to just be clear of the dubcore phase is good enough for me
CDJay Cool.

If anyone possessed with even fractional intelligence can explain why we should Persist... All ears.

CDJay
ViolonC Hardcore is moving forward. HU is moving with it and soon people will accuse it to be a copy of Gammer and trap. There is no fresh music and hardcore will die ... again. Or will it?

Only thing that is really annoying is that there is no track list. Seriously, i don't want to listen again and again when i'm at the PC where i buy/take note to buy things.
ViperStar Definitely support what ViolonC said. The lack of a tracklist is annoying especially when you want to buy or know when/what to buy in future.
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Cool.

If anyone possessed with even fractional intelligence can explain why we should Persist... All ears.

CDJay

Wait, you're asking for someone to convince you to carry on with HU?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
quote:
Cool.

CDJay

Wait, you're asking for someone to convince you to carry on with HU?

And here I thought he was blaming us for being intelligent o.o
CDJay Was referring to the podcast, which "The Usual Suspects" are ignoring with sadly predictable intensity.

We *will* add a tracklist after a week; the idea is to ensure that on first encounter people are more likely to listen through rather than identifying something on the tracklist and skipping to it.

arpz
quote:
Was referring to the podcast, which "The Usual Suspects" are ignoring with sadly predictable intensity.

We *will* add a tracklist after a week; the idea is to ensure that on first encounter people are more likely to listen through rather than identifying something on the tracklist and skipping to it.

Got it. That's not a bad shout re: tracklist

I don't know how many people you are getting in with this, it gets us hyped up on here about it, but we'd be buying whatever you put out anyway. have you noticed an increase in plays at all? I think you're probably going to have to accept that unless it's got their name on it, they aren't going to promote it (sometimes even if it has got their names on it!) so I guess it's just a case of whether or not the 'ravers' are sharing it about or not

kazukism92 A line to describe this episode.

Sick, Fun, Hype, Uplifting and Harder (derp).

Ouw, who is/are State? New DJ or pseudonym of something?
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
quote:
Was referring to the podcast, which "The Usual Suspects" are ignoring with sadly predictable intensity.

Got it. That's not a bad shout re: tracklist

I don't know how many people you are getting in with this, it gets us hyped up on here about it, but we'd be buying whatever you put out anyway. have you noticed an increase in plays at all? I think you're probably going to have to accept that unless it's got their name on it, they aren't going to promote it (sometimes even if it has got their names on it!) so I guess it's just a case of whether or not the 'ravers' are sharing it about or not

If 'they' can't even be arsed to help promote albums that feature (or are indeed full of) their tracks, there's no way they'll get behind a podcast.
lurker Okay, so I'm liking a decent amount of stuff that I'm hearing here but uh, what the **** is up with that I Call Your Name track? I feel like it's making fun of anyone who liked older F&D tracks where the breaks were carried through the whole track, like Got the Rhythm... Then again, apparently not liking Diversions means I never loved HU in the first place so whatever, don't mind me.
Dy5oN
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:

Ouw, who is/are State? New DJ or pseudonym of something?

Pseudonym

It took 1.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page