Radio listeners 174+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 yes or no

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
kst yay or nay 2 garage music at raves.

anything
No Left Turn just me personally, but VERY nay...

-Donny / No Left Turn
http://www.liquidvinyldjs.com
rezzna oooh how very nay...

it would be totally unfair on us to have to choose between a live pa from So Solid Crew or a set from Sy, possibly a human rights violation...

junglist_angel garage sucks
But then again... I suppose you need something for everyone no?

tommo Definately no.
But if somebody likes Garage music then thats up to them.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
kst well i like garage music sumtimes but wen ur just feeting like shit then i would much ratha listen 2 hc

i love the base but only listen a mi m8s.

but, NO 2 GARAGE @ RAVES!!!!!

anything
Simon oooppps I posted on the wrong Yes Or No Topic....
Anyway I say a big Nay
I personally don't like the music anyway but I think Garage is too slow for raves.

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!
kst yeh garage is way 2 slow 4 raves.

anything
Midway_raver Bling Bling bo selecta "BANG" shit ive been shot:(
er NAY!!

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting
tommo

kst oh cum on i tryin to get this to a hot topic n i need all u hardcore lovas to help me

X kst X
tommo It takes time for it to become a hot topic you know.
It doesnt just happen in a matter of minutes.

kst

HARDCORE U NO THE SCORE!!!

X kst X
rezzna to get a hot topic u need a hot question...

and not many people can be assed wit spending time stating the obvious (cept me, cuz i got eff all else to do)

Xenochrome NAY!!!

DJ Affliction Am sure this topics already been done

NNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardcore u know the score!!!!!!!!

DJ Affliction
Stevie c I am about to get shot down in flames but........yes...I couldn't write it any smaller. I have been to some amazing events with just House, Drum&Bass and Hardcore or a combo of the two. However the question said rave and rave was is and should be magpie eclectic. So old skool boy talking but in 93, I went to the uk's tribal gathering, it was over 25,000 ppl and the event was so good because it had Hardcore, Techno, House, Garage and Ambient/Trance tents. I personally really dislike the segragation thing, cos it was posser housers that started it (take notice mixmag!!) and i wouldn't want to be one of them. The big mixed events gave a festival feel to them and the different music didn't change the similarity in people you would meet, we were diverse but united in on thing, to party how we wanted to whatever dance music. Now I stress I would not be happy with 2Unlimited at a rave cos they are sh!t sellouts but Garage though popular is not selling out.
I do enjoy exclusive Hardcore dance nights with a side room of something else but the big 'rave' events need as many styles as possible.
For me I would prefer a garage room or a hip hop room to a cord wearing chinstroking prog house room. I would still argue though even housers and sellout trancers should be forgiven at some stage as I want the dance scene to continue developing and growing.
I belong to a tribe and HHC is personally my calling but i can't dislike or try to stop what other ppl hear and prefer to me.
When will we stop looking at differences and start seeing similarities?
Note Glastonbury, it is a huge success because it won't and shouldn't aim at only on one group of ppl.
I use to listen to indie, metal, hippie, beatles, rap, hiphop, industrial stuff and have more in common with all of those types that larger swilling beer pop boys who always wanted to beat me up;
POP has its forum, all the rest can only over come that if we stick together to fight its dominance. It will never go away but even pop can be considered uncool at times. Some pop I do like (like those two russian girls) but i do not like its over commercialization and make a buck attitude.
So the way I see it is, promote anything that needs promoting , ignore what doesn't as MTV will do it for you

Your into the sound of Rebellion
Xenochrome Wow! A well thought out, intelligent, relevant reply to the topic. I haven't seen much of that lately. Well done, lad. Well done!

Stevie c Thank you very much

fazza hoorah for stevie c!!

and nay.

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
rezzna the problem is times have changed though, where i live you dot go to a garage club out of self preservation. i know im generalising masssiely and most of the garage fans in the uk are perfectly nice lads, but theres an element to them that really loves this "ghetto thug" ideology, and raves arent places for people to go an kick off shit.

ill probably git replys tellin me that wot ive just said is a crock of shit, but speaking from personal experience, garage recently attracts a fair amount of kids that want to prove how tuff they are, for some it isnt even about the music, its about putting on a front to impress the older blokes hu no one messes with cuz theyre known to be ppl u dont mess with. considering ive never seen the metal detectors on at the sanctuary and seen few people get searched, i doubt alot of garage kids wanting to prove how hard they are mixing with the hardcore, some of which are guna mashed off their tits, is guna work too well.

when my lot are out we make a point of stayin away from the garage club, cuz we git abuse, and a few of my mateshave had the shit kicked out of them by the new garage crew.

i wanna go to a rave cuz u kno that ur safe, surrounded by friends, and ur all their to dance and have fun, an i dont wanna hafta think bout what im guna do wen sumone pulls a knife on me on my way down there.

sorry if ive offnded any secret garage fans, but like i said, im speaking from personal experience.

and i think the music is poop,

mebbe speed garage

rezzna and chillout rooms should play hiphop or aphex twin style ****ed up soothing shiit

kst yeh i agree

X kst X
Xtc bitch 03 i say nay to garage at raves !

reason: i'd rather be at home getting stoned

X=Tc bitch
djtommyrenegade hmmmm
garage? one word NAY
i mean garage is for 13yr olds in my opinion, cos its a watered down and more commerical form of drum n bass,
gimme HHC at a rave and we can party like its 1996

DJ Tommy Renegade

NORTHERN IRELAND HARDCORE POSSE!
Hard2Get Nayyy *does impression of a horse*
I don't persdonally like garage, but i'm not going to complain just because someone else does.
Each to their own :)

Simon
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Nayyy *does impression of a horse*

Possibly the worst joke ever to brace this forum....Well done Matt .

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
DJ Mouse no thanks i don't want to hear a rewind every 2 minutes like in garage

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
Stevie c Have to admit the rewind crack almost won me over cos that's true
but what has really swayed my decision was
*The music is poop*

tommo
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
quote:

Possibly the worst joke ever to brace this forum....Well done Matt .

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!

Dave Murray
quote:
I don't persdonally like garage, but i'm not going to complain just because someone else does.
Each to their own :)

lol, *shakes his head*

(/Dance Mothe®Fu©ke® On 2Tu®ntables/)
fazza
quote:
Possibly the worst joke ever to brace this forum....Well done Matt

shoulnt that be grace the forums!!! lol

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
strychnine No.

ps ... moved to Music Discussion (other genres).

So yeah its a nay for me.

The reason that I don't think garage should be featured at raves is because I think it's crap. Simple.

We're dancing wall to wall, all creatures great and small
DJ Mouse yow booya enta tha selekta bling bling who says reloooooooaaaaaddd

that's all you get in it. however i have played garage sets in the past (don't flame me!) and the mc's were asking for reloads all the time,it got to the point where i was putting the finger up and shouting fu©k off lemme play my set!

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
Raver_Davie Aren't raves just partys that last until the early hours of the morning where loud, electronic dance music is played?

So really yes, Garage should be played at raves but not in the same room as hardcore AND not every hardcore event lasts till the early hours of the morning, so are those classed as raves?

Dave!
weba_d ^^I think a Rave should inherit the regular rave Thingys
Like the music and the people, If i went to a rave and heard Garage I would proberly do a swift 180' degree turn and walk the other way.

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
Raver_Davie
quote:
Originally posted by Weba_d:
If i went to a rave and heard Garage I would proberly do a swift 180'

You better check the line up before entering and if it contains DJs with stupid names like "food" or "Spoon" then you'll know!

Dave!
toxic ^^^ I don't think any of the main/well known DJs in Australia play garage, I could be wrong.

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
strychnine There's actually a reasonably healthy (if not huge) underground garage scene in Sydney - I think there's a couple of groups active in holding small parties and in producing and releasing home-grown garage. However, our main breaks DJs seem to be abandoning that scene in favour of breakbeat hardcore and nu-skool breaks (is it even called that anymore?).

mc trev the only music which gets played at raves are

hardcore
oldskool
techno
drum n bass
hardtrance

and thats how it should stay

no to garage & no to house

http://www.geocities.com/trevtheraver

mc trev
quote:
Originally posted by Raver_Davie:
Aren't raves just partys that last until the early hours of the morning where loud, electronic dance music is played?

no there not if that was the case then clubs are the samething as raves,house partys are the same things as raves.

and rave venue's arnt in clubs, espets for north @ the void which is like a club/rave kind of thing,

and for it to be a rave it must have "rave" music, being played live, and in a place anyware esept a night club,

DJ LOON-E NAY NAY and thrice NAY
more gabba.....less garage

Better living through bpm,s
LOON-E

Stevie c Now Strychnine is spot on and Davie
A Rave is dance music, plain and simple.
In a club, In an old factory, in a field,
Helter Skelter is in a club and i think they have been someof the best raves ever. Go to Flyer central and check out Universe Tribal Gathering 93, It had Hardcore,D&B,Techno,House,Garage,trance and Ambience. That was about all the genres then and it had all of them. Now that is a big rave but rave is anywhere with electronic music. So yes Kraftwork in a supermarket with enough ppl dancing can and should be considered a rave (Full bloody stop).

I am a Disciple of the
Piano Rush
Follower of the Light
The Elfish angel of Happiness
and your into my sound of Rebellion
K-Hole jack and jill went up the hill.

Sex is when a guys communication
enters a girls information
to increase the population
for a younger generation
do you get the information...
or do you need a demonstration
mc trev stevie c ,thats bollox a club is not the same thing as a rave, completely different things

DJ_Cosmic i live in a area where its all garage and i ust to, i admit, follow the crowd, theres nowt wrong with garage ppl most of my friends are garage ppl (part from the ones iv converted to hardcore peeps ) but i would say nay

Cosmic-To Be The Best
Stevie c Sorry MC Trev how many warehouse did you go to then?
Fantazia was in a club but was a rave
Obsession was in a club but was a rave
Universe did clubs but was considered rave
Just aske the promoters!!!
It aint bollox you nob head, stop being so insulting
If we get on to that how old are you? Cos I was there thru
nearly all of it and many club nights had RAVE on the flyer,
Check out flyer central!!!

I am a Disciple of the
Piano Rush
Follower of the Light
Stevie c Obsession, Starlight Express, Universe, Fantazia, Hardcore Heaven, Vibealite,
Labyrinyth all did large and small events outside and inside, they were all considered raves!! It was not the size but the atmosphere created that gave it the name...you P......The government consider three blokes dancing in a field an illegal gathering= RAVE so don't talk shite unless you know what you are on about. I guess age doesn't count but maturity does, so grow up and do some research into you scene before mouthing off a load of non-intelligent bullcrap!!

I am a Disciple of the
Piano Rush
Follower of the Light
shivymong NOOOOOOOOO WAY!!!!!! it spoils the atmosphere, how are u spose to dance if that is on at raves????? BOB YOUR HEARD UP AND DOWN? and also its not sort of happy up lifting music that makes you wanna dance your asses off any way!
But garage and hardcore should never be played at the same time as raves

HARDCORE RULEZ

dance till your feet drop off to the HaRdCoRe ViBe!
Stevie c Old garage was and some nu garage is uplifting, shame a bunch of talentless crap heads took over the scene, still that happened to Hardcore not so long ago, so i for one am prepared to cut some of the decent garage heads some slack and hope their scene returns to its roots soon.

I am a Disciple of the
Piano Rush
Follower of the Light
krukev NAY!

To all the ravers in the nation!!
Stevie c YAY!!!

I am a Disciple of the
Piano Rush
Follower of the Light
K-Hole NAY!!!!!!

what came first the sh!tty drugs or the sh!tty rave music!
Stevie c YAY!!! To Unity
NAY!! To Isolationists!!
YAY!!! To Happy crew
NAY!!! To Ganstas
YAY!! Diversity
NAY!! to purists

I am a Disciple of the
Piano Rush
Follower of the Light

It took 2.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page